Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) Empty
PostSubject: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 10:47 pm

[Starbase Athena - Arboretum]

Good god, Chira thought.  Would you look at the *size* of it all.  That had been one of her first impressions since being assigned to the Athena.  There sure as heck was a lot more room for things on what amounted basically to a spaceborne city, and that meant that places like arboretums, usually only reserved for larger classes of starships, had plenty of breathing space.  

It seemed like everything and everyone did, actually.  The place seemed like it might be a less stressful assignment to handle, especially for a counselor.  Oh, there would still be problems, no doubt about that.  But...well.  This place could grow trees.  It couldn't be all that bad.  Besides...she had her Henriks assigned here, with her.  No...things would definitely not be bad.

Speaking of Henriks, he was due to meet her at any moment.  They were both off-duty, now.  She chose a small hillock, taking a seat under an oak tree and stretching out in the artificial sunlight.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:22 am

[Starbase Athena]

Henriks let Teodors leap out of his arms as he stepped out of their quarters, and the growing cat dashed off to explore the station, his new home. Henriks watched as that fluffy tail disappeared around the nearest corner before turning the other direction to make his way towards the arboretum, where he was to meet his lovely lady. His heart swelled with excitement at the thought. It'd been over a month since he'd seen her, six weeks to be exact. God, had it really been that long? It felt so much longer Days filled with conferences, courses, and family... with one key element missing the whole long while.

Increasing his pace, Henriks quickly closed the remaining distance between him and his destination. Rounding the final corner, the doors whisked open to admit him into the leafy green paradise, cool, crisp air coming to meet him. The doors quietly slid shut, and Henriks took just a moment to close his eyes and breathe it all in. Such vibrant life.

He found her stretched out below an oak tree, its large leaves casting shadows on her charming face as the artificial light filtered through them. Sure there had been messages over the last month or so, but to see her again was enough to take his breath away.

Henriks placed his hands behind him as he approached, a bouquet of roses and heart shaped box of Latvian chocolates in hand. He laid both these things by the side of the tree as he finally reached her. Taking her into his arms, he looked briefly into those doe-brown eyes of hers before kissing her long and hard. "To say I missed you, my lady, would be an understatement," he told her, pressing his forehead to hers.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:12 am

[Arboretum]

Sitting back half-reclined on the grass, Chira closed her eyes for a brief few seconds, allowing the sounds of recreated nature wash over her.  This had been her main way of unwinding and decompressing back home, and she was glad to have it - in some form, at least - here in space.  Maybe I'll move my office here.  Right here, under this tree, she thought, opening her eyes...

...And there he was.  Jumping to her feet with a squeak, she grinned stupidly-happily as Henriks produced flowers and candy for her, lying them on the grass.  Some of his old-fashioned-ness she found confounding, but this...this was pure romance.  

Within moments, his arms were around her, and they were eye-to-eye, wordless where no words were needed, and then he was kissing her.  The force of it was a pleasing surprise, and Chira returned the kiss with just as much exuberance, her hands running through his hair, down his shoulders, everywhere.  He was back, he was real, and he was hers, as much as she was his.  As the kiss ended, and she gave a soft little sigh of pleasure, equal parts sadness that it was over, and excitement of the promise that it represented, her body feeling aflame.  

"Mister Apple," she teased, finally opening her eyes again, "you think you can just walk right in here after being gone a month, with your flowers and chocolates?  Well...you're right, you can."  She poked her tongue at him.  "But I still want dinner."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 12:17 pm

[Arboretum]

A pleasant tingle went down his spine, as it always did, when she called him "Mister Apple" and he grinned. Henriks sighed with contentment, with the lingering feeling of her fingers running through his hair. His grin shrunk to a shy smile, feeling guilty for having been away for so long. But then she poked her tongue at him, and all that melted away.

Henriks kissed her again, giving a light peck to the tip of her nose. "I know it may be a little silly to bring a bouquet of flowers to an arboretum, but nothing less would do," he began, grinning. He wished he could have brought a fresh cut bunch from his mother's garden, but they would have wilted long before he reached the station.

He took her hand into his, ready to lead her to where the desired dinner waited. The arboretum would have been an excellent place for a picnic, but he had something else in mind. Raising a brow playfully, he asked, "What, no desert before dinner?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 7:52 pm

"Dessert, hm?" Chria purred, trailing her index finger along Henriks' lower lip.  "I can be convinced."  She glanced around waggling her eyebrows playfully.  "I'm sure there's a tree or two we can hop behind," she teased.  There were a few people scattered throughout the arboretum - a group of students being led by botanists, and a few in Sciences uniforms.

Chira squeezed his hand, bringing it up to her lips.  "What'd you have in mind, Apple?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:18 pm

"I-I was thinking of the chocolates," Henriks replied, stuttering slightly as he usually did when he realized he hadn't thought his words through. "After all," he continued, with a sly grin now, "we wouldn't want them to melt with all this heat." Such a dazzling lady as she was, Chira always made a room feel warmer. Henriks didn't typically like heat, but this felt good.

"Though, if you would like to pick out a tree..."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:33 pm

Chira gave a little grin, doing a small bit of a dance while holding onto Henriks hand.  "Of course you meant the candy.  What else could you have meant, hmmmmm?" she coyly asked, batting her brown eyes.

She had to laugh a bit as Henriks mentioned the trees.  "Well, y'know, definitely...though, I think that it'd give these poor people a bit more of a glimpse of...um...Nature...than they were hoping for."  Chira's face turned a little more serious.  "No, Henriks...I do not think that bringing flowers to an arboretum is silly.  In fact, I think it's incredibly sweet."  She kissed him again, uncaring of the eyes watching the couple.  "And I love you, my Apple Knight.

"So," she smirked.  "What's on the agenda?  I throw myself willingly at your mercy..."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 2:54 am

Henriks could feel his face begin to get red at the mention of nature. He would have loved that dearly, even if it were right then and there, but... I want to marry you, he thought, but the words refused to even go so far as to get stuck in his throat. But he was so afraid she would say no. A silly fear, he knew, but... Dear, sweet Chira, he thought, you are the woman that I've always dreamed of.

But instead of voicing these thoughts, he mused, "Well, m'lady, are you hungry?" He had something special planned for their first meal together in so long.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:11 am

Tilting her head a little, Chira wondered just what exactly was going on behind those eyes of his. It almost felt as if there was more he wanted to bring up, but was holding back. She was pretty good at reading people, and didn't often miss the mark on such things. Oh well, she thought. Maybe he'll bring whatever it is up at dinner?

"I dunno 'bout you," she chuckled, trailing the backs of her fingers along his jawline, "but I'm starved. Suddenly, she glanced down, her eyes lighting up with joy as she bent down to pick up a furry bundle. "Well...look who found his way here," she beamed, holding little Teodors, who was growing by the day. "He's quite the explorer, now."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 12:10 pm

If his furry companion hadn't appeared, Henriks might have purred himself as Chira ran her fingers along his jaw. The cat, who had nearly doubled in size, was purring up a storm when Chira picked him up. Henriks reached over to scratch the cat under the chin, grinning. "Quite," he agreed. "Poor little guy was cooped up all last week." He gave Teodors a apologetic look. But the cat had his eyes closed in contentment, his head tilted upward.

As he continued to scratch, Henriks' thoughts turned back towards dinner. Teodors had been fed at least, more food in their quarters if the cat needed more. Teodors squirmed slightly and jumped down. He raised his head, looking around before bounding off towards the other side of the arboretum. Henriks felt his stomach rumble. "Yup," he agreed, "starved. Shall we be off, m'lady?" he asked with a grin. There was a table waiting on the upper section of the replimat.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 3:44 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:
If his furry companion hadn't appeared, Henriks might have purred himself as Chira ran her fingers along his jaw. The cat, who had nearly doubled in size, was purring up a storm when Chira picked him up. Henriks reached over to scratch the cat under the chin, grinning. "Quite," he agreed. "Poor little guy was cooped up all last week." He gave Teodors a apologetic look. But the cat had his eyes closed in contentment, his head tilted upward.

As he continued to scratch, Henriks' thoughts turned back towards dinner. Teodors had been fed at least, more food in their quarters if the cat needed more. Teodors squirmed slightly and jumped down. He raised his head, looking around before bounding off towards the other side of the arboretum. Henriks felt his stomach rumble. "Yup," he agreed, "starved. Shall we be off, m'lady?" he asked with a grin. There was a table waiting on the upper section of the replimat.

Giving a light laugh that kind of trailed into a giggle, Chira cooed at the cat...a little kitty who was not so little anymore.  She watched as Henriks let the cat go, envying for a moment the feline's seemingly care-free existence.  He didn't care about war and loss and death.  He just wanted to find a fun place to play.  Shouldn't life be more like that for everyone?

"I think we shall be off, my knight," Chira replied, taking his arm into hers and making their way out of the arboretum.  She'd have to remember this lovely place for later...they'd be back, for sure.

[Corridors]

Walking along, Chira couldn't help but note that Teodors' growth wasn't the only thing that had changed of late.  The war was over, and had been for a bit, but people still seemed on the edge.  Chira felt sometimes that she had almost become a casualty herself, having to patch up combatants, and then talk grieving loved ones through the process.  It had weighed on her, and nearly tried her to the breaking point.  Things like that...they made one glad that they had someone special in their lives, to share the good times, and the bad.  Someone like Henriks.

She leaned into his shoulder as the pair made way into the replimat.  "We're almost there, Apple.  Are you gonna make me wait until we're seated to tell me where we're going?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 7:18 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Corridors]

Walking along, Chira couldn't help but note that Teodors' growth wasn't the only thing that had changed of late. The war was over, and had been for a bit, but people still seemed on the edge.  Chira felt sometimes that she had almost become a casualty herself, having to patch up combatants, and then talk grieving loved ones through the process.  It had weighed on her, and nearly tried her to the breaking point.  Things like that...they made one glad that they had someone special in their lives, to share the good times, and the bad.  Someone like Henriks.

She leaned into his shoulder as the pair made way into the replimat.  "We're almost there, Apple.  Are you gonna make me wait until we're seated to tell me where we're going?"

[Corridors]

Arm in arm, they strolled through the corridors. There was a calm yet anxious humm in the air as others went about their day. Many still walked with a brisk step as if they were afraid that war would break out again and interrupt the important tasks they were trying to complete. But Henriks was content to walk at a leisurely pace so long as Chira was at his side. She had found him broken, still reeling from the loss of loved ones, and made him feel whole again. And for that he loved her dearly, so much so that he wanted to dance, but instead he hummed.

As they neared the replimat, Henriks grinned at her. "Well, if you know that we're almost there, than surely you must know where we're going," he teased, poking his tongue at her.

[Replimat]

There was a bustling crowd, not overly noisy, in the replimat for the dinner rush. Henriks scanned the room 'till he found the face he was looking for, a tall, lean waiter standing close to the stairs who he had talked to earlier. The waiter saw him and gave a nod. Turning back to Chira, he grinned. "There's a table waiting for us on the upper level," he told her, and so they began to make their way towards the stairs.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 8:27 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Corridors]

Arm in arm, they strolled through the corridors. There was a calm yet anxious humm in the air as others went about their day. Many still walked with a brisk step as if they were afraid that war would break out again and interrupt the important tasks they were trying to complete. But Henriks was content to walk at a leisurely pace so long as Chira was at his side. She had found him broken, still reeling from the loss of loved ones, and made him feel whole again. And for that he loved her dearly, so much so that he wanted to dance, but instead he hummed.

As they neared the replimat, Henriks grinned at her. "Well, if you know that we're almost there, than surely you must know where we're going," he teased, poking his tongue at her.

[Replimat]

There was a bustling crowd, not overly noisy, in the replimat for the dinner rush. Henriks scanned the room 'till he found the face he was looking for, a tall, lean waiter standing close to the stairs who he had talked to earlier. The waiter saw him and gave a nod. Turning back to Chira, he grinned. "There's a table waiting for us on the upper level," he told her, and so they began to make their way towards the stairs.

"Hmmm..." Chira grinned, leaning into her boyfriend's shoulder, semi-humming right along with him. "Yes. I think I can gather our destination," she chuckled.

Indeed she could. The replimat was busy this hour...as it always seemed to be, especially on an installation as massive as the Athena. Chira chuckled as she saw Henriks nod to a member of the wait staff. "So mysterious..." she purred, following him up the stairs and toward their destination. She honestly had no idea what her Apple Knight was planning for the two of them, but she didn't care if it was e-rations by plasma torchlight...so long as they were together.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2014 11:51 pm

[Replimat]

Henriks tried not to let his muscles tense as he filled with a nervous excitement. He knew if he did, his lovely lady would sense it as they climbed the stairs, her arm still wrapped around his. Either way, she'd find out soon enough what he had planned. No time like the present, he thought.

With a warm smile, Henriks led his lovely lady to the table reserved just for them. A flickering candle stood alone in the middle of table giving what he hoped would give a tender ambience. Henriks pulled out a chair for Chira, the grin on his face widening. She looked even lovelier in the candlelight.

The waiter approached, setting two wine glasses on the table with a soft clink, along with a bottle. "Hello, my name is Amos, and I'll be serving you two tonight." Amos had only been too happy to obliege when Henriks had approached him earlier with his plan. After all, special occasions like this didn't come around very often. "Your food will be along shortly." He gave a slight bow, grinning as he left.

Henriks could feel his face growing red as the wine he poured. He poured a glass first for Chira, then one for himself. He took a sip, hoping that would sooth his nerves some, for the small box he'd been carrying around felt as if it would burn through his pocket if he didn't take it out soon.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 7:31 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:
[Replimat]

Henriks tried not to let his muscles tense as he filled with a nervous excitement. He knew if he did, his lovely lady would sense it as they climbed the stairs, her arm still wrapped around his. Either way, she'd find out soon enough what he had planned. No time like the present, he thought.

With a warm smile, Henriks led his lovely lady to the table reserved just for them. A flickering candle stood alone in the middle of table giving what he hoped would give a tender ambience. Henriks pulled out a chair for Chira, the grin on his face widening. She looked even lovelier in the candlelight.

The waiter approached, setting two wine glasses on the table with a soft clink, along with a bottle. "Hello, my name is Amos, and I'll be serving you two tonight." Amos had only been too happy to obliege when Henriks had approached him earlier with his plan. After all, special occasions like this didn't come around very often. "Your food will be along shortly." He gave a slight bow, grinning as he left.

Henriks could feel his face growing red as the wine he poured. He poured a glass first for Chira, then one for himself. He took a sip, hoping that would sooth his nerves some, for the small box he'd been carrying around felt as if it would burn through his pocket if he didn't take it out soon.

[Replimat]

"Candles, Henriks?" Chira asked, smiling softly. "You'd violate station safety protocol for me? I knew there was a reason I loved you," she teased, as the couple took their seats. She cocked an eyebrow at the full-waiter service, thanking Amos and returning her gaze to Abols.

Soon the wine was here, and Chira was starting to wonder exactly what was up. She took a sip. "It's...wow, that's pretty good," she said, rolling the flavor around on her tongue. Chira knew absolutely nothing about wine - what was good, bad, vintage, whatever - but she knew what she liked.

She set the glass down, smiling sweetly, enjoying the play of candle light across his face. "You've gone all out this time, Mr. Apple," she said, leaning forward in her seat. "What's the occasion?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 12:16 pm

[Replimat]

"How could I not go all out for my lovely lady?" Henriks asked, his grin shrinking to a shy smile. He took another sip of wine and set the glass carefully back onto the table. Taking her hands into his, his heart fluttering so, that it was a little hard to breathe.

"Miss Chira," he began, "I must be the luckiest guy in the galaxy to have you in my life. You are the sweetest, most caring lady I have ever know, and I fall deeper in love with you every day." His heart was pounding fiercely by this point, drowning out all other noises, even his thoughts. But one thought made it through. This is it.

Henriks stood briefly to pull a small box from his pocket. Kneeling down on one knee, he looked up at his lovely lady, grinning. "Miss Chira Arthur, would you do me the honor of becoming my Mrs. Apple?" he asked as he opened the box to reveal what was within. It was a silver ring with seven little tassels attached, a typical engagement ring from his homeland.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 7:41 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:
[Replimat]

"How could I not go all out for my lovely lady?" Henriks asked, his grin shrinking to a shy smile. He took another sip of wine and set the glass carefully back onto the table. Taking her hands into his, his heart fluttering so, that it was a little hard to breathe.

"Miss Chira," he began, "I must be the luckiest guy in the galaxy to have you in my life. You are the sweetest, most caring lady I have ever know, and I fall deeper in love with you every day." His heart was pounding fiercely by this point, drowning out all other noises, even his thoughts. But one thought made it through. This is it.

Henriks stood briefly to pull a small box from his pocket. Kneeling down on one knee, he looked up at his lovely lady, grinning. "Miss Chira Arthur, would you do me the honor of becoming my Mrs. Apple?" he asked as he opened the box to reveal what was within. It was a silver ring with seven little tassels attached, a typical engagement ring from his homeland.

[Replimat]

"Fair enough," Chira grinned, taking another drink of her own wine.  It was quite good.  She was even starting to feel a little flushed.  Then again, it might just be the setting...and the company she was in.

She'd already started to figure out that this whole elaborate setup was for her birthday.  Chira honestly would have preferred to forget the day, since she hit 30 this year, but...well.  It seemed to be making Henriks happy to have set up all of this, and it was all very sweet.  

Chira smiled sweetly as Henriks started to speak.  It was all quote romantic - the setting, the candles, the way he said her name...she quirked an eyebrow as he stood, and she still didn't completely catch on to what was happening...

...and then he went down to a knee.  Oh.  Oh...oh.  My.  God, she thought, as her own hands started to shake so much that she had to set the wine glass down.  He's not...oh.  He is.  Oh my...ohmygodohmygod.

Her hands went to her mouth as she let out a little gasp that came out as more of a squeak, followed instantly by a hiccup, more of a nervous reaction than anything, but it made her cheeks flush even more crimson than they were.  That's when her inner-voice started yelling at her.  Say something, you idiot!  Say something!  Yes, something...but what?  Say 'yes', stupid!  Yes.  YES!  Of course.

"I..." she started, her face breaking out in the dumbest, happiest grin.  Chira put a world of faith in the steadiness of her knees, standing from the seat and walking over to him, taking his ring-holding hand in hers.  "You...are the kindest, most gentle...most perfect thing about my life.  I am thankful for you every day, and wonder what I ever did to hit the interstellar lottery and have you walk into my life.  And...yes.  I want to spend that life with you."  She didn't even notice the tears coming down her cheeks.  "I think Mrs. Apple sounds pretty damn good, to me..."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2014 10:49 pm

[Replimat]

Henriks never noticed how her hands shook as she set her glass back down or how she paused as what he had said sank in. He didn't even notice Amos, who had returned, steaming plates in hand to set onto the table. All he saw was the gorgeous grin that was breaking across her face. If he was standing, it would have made him weak in the knees. And then she said yes. He released a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding as tears of joy began to stream down his own face.

As she took his hand into hers, he rose and gently slipped the ring on before kissing her in celebration. He wrapped his arms around her and spun her 'round, feeling so giddy. Amos leaned on the rail, cupping his hands around his mouth. "Three cheers for the happy couple!" he shouted to the crowd below, grinning. Some of those below erupted into a roar of clapping. But Henriks didn't hear any of it, as if the world stood still. He was just so utterly happy. "Sorry I missed your birthday," he whispered.

"I hate to interrupt," Amos said, still smiling, "but your food will be getting cold." He gave another slight bow before exiting, "I'll leave you two be now. Let me know if you need anything. May you have a wonderful night."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 5:55 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:
[Replimat]

Henriks never noticed how her hands shook as she set her glass back down or how she paused as what he had said sank in. He didn't even notice Amos, who had returned, steaming plates in hand to set onto the table. All he saw was the gorgeous grin that was breaking across her face. If he was standing, it would have made him weak in the knees. And then she said yes. He released a breath he didn't realize he'd been holding as tears of joy began to stream down his own face.

As she took his hand into hers, he rose and gently slipped the ring on before kissing her in celebration. He wrapped his arms around her and spun her 'round, feeling so giddy. Amos leaned on the rail, cupping his hands around his mouth. "Three cheers for the happy couple!" he shouted to the crowd below, grinning. Some of those below erupted into a roar of clapping. But Henriks didn't hear any of it, as if the world stood still. He was just so utterly happy. "Sorry I missed your birthday," he whispered.

"I hate to interrupt," Amos said, still smiling, "but your food will be getting cold." He gave another slight bow before exiting, "I'll leave you two be now. Let me know if you need anything. May you have a wonderful night."

[Replimat]

Laughing happily as Henriks rose and took hold of her, Chira beamed a wide smile at the ring. She was sure it had to be some Latvian tradition. Most things were, with him. Coming from a highly traditional family (at least on her father's side), she could definitely understand the importance of such things. Chira decided that she'd have to make a point to ask all about it.

But...that was later. Right now, it felt like half the replimat section was cheering for them. She felt like cheering, herself...though she wasn't sure she could trust her voice not to croak like a teenage boy's.

"Hm?" she said, in response to Amos' query, but the man was long gone. So was she, gone and happily lost in the arms of her...her fiancée. There had been so much war and death in their lives these past few years, but they'd come through it together. She knew that whatever was next, they'd face in the same way.

Together.

"I don't care about my birthday. You know this more than makes up for it," she teased. "I love you, my Apple."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 6:46 am

[Replimat]

"But I care about your birthday," he laughed. But he knew she was right. Besides, he had something special planned for dessert, chocolate covered strawberries. First they'd have to make it through what was on their plates. "Es tevi mīlu," he told her with a sigh of pure content. He felt like he was in heaven. Chira beamed at the ring, which had been his gran's, and that made him grin even wider.

Though steam was no longer visible rising from the food, the tortelloni was still pleasantly warm and covered with a nice cheese sauce. Mmmm... it looked so good, but not nearly as good as his lovely lady. Henriks took hold of her hand and gave it a quick kiss before sticking his fork into the pasta and taking a bite.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 8:16 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:
[Replimat]

"But I care about your birthday," he laughed. But he knew she was right. Besides, he had something special planned for dessert, chocolate covered strawberries. First they'd have to make it through what was on their plates. "Es tevi mīlu," he told her with a sigh of pure content. He felt like he was in heaven. Chira beamed at the ring, which had been his gran's, and that made him grin even wider.

Though steam was no longer visible rising from the food, the tortelloni was still pleasantly warm and covered with a nice cheese sauce. Mmmm... it looked so good, but not nearly as good as his lovely lady. Henriks took hold of her hand and gave it a quick kiss before sticking his fork into the pasta and taking a bite.

[Replimat]

"Henriks..." Chira said, smiling through her tears of happiness. "You're...you're gonna have to teach me that wacky language of yours, y'know."

She took up her fork, more out of form than anything else. Her stomach was too busy doing gymnastics for her to even consider being hungry. Still, it smelled fantastic, and Henriks had gone to the trouble of setting everything up. She did love tortellini, after all.

"Careful, Apple," she teased as he kissed her hand. "You'll get confused and try to take a bite out of me." Leaning forward, Chira waggled her eyebrows playfully. "Though, I haven't said that I'd try to stop you..."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 6:21 pm

[Replimat]
"Jā, mana dāma," he agreed, grinning. "Though I must warn you, it's not an easy one to learn." Neither was English, come to think of it. It had so many irregularities that made it difficult for non-native learners. But his mom had the foresight to teach all her children as youngsters. He could remember trying to learn how to say "cat" and smiled, as much at the memory and the fact that his lovely lady wanted to learn his native tongue.

Henriks took a few more bites of his food before putting his fork down. With all the adrenaline running through him at the moment, he knew his stomach wouldn't be thrilled if he tried to force some more down, even if he was starving. And he didn't want to spoil the heavenly night they were having by having his stomach come back up.

Taking her left hand in his, he gave it another quick kiss, grinning. "A long time ago," Henriks began, thinking how wonderful the ring looked on her finger, "there was a beautiful maiden with seven suitors, and she couldn't decide who she would marry. So they made seven tassels and put them on a ring, a different one for each suitor. She declared she would marry the suitor whose tassel fell off first. To this day, engagement rings still have seven tassels." He felt so blessed that she was his lovely lady, and that he didn't have six other suitors to contend with.

Henriks released a sigh of content. He was so happy, he could just dance or kiss her all over. But the sight of Amos climbing the stairs momentarily pushed this thought to the side of his mind. Amos set a new plate onto the table before disappearing once again. Henriks picked up one of the chocolate covered strawberries. "Zemenes," he said as his grin widened.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 8:58 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

"Jā, mana dāma," he agreed, grinning. "Though I must warn you, it's not an easy one to learn." Neither was English, come to think of it. It had so many irregularities that made it difficult for non-native learners. But his mom had the foresight to teach all her children as youngsters. He could remember trying to learn how to say "cat" and smiled, as much at the memory and the fact that his lovely lady wanted to learn his native tongue.

Henriks took a few more bites of his food before putting his fork down. With all the adrenaline running through him at the moment, he knew his stomach wouldn't be thrilled if he tried to force some more down, even if he was starving. And he didn't want to spoil the heavenly night they were having by having his stomach come back up.

Taking her left hand in his, he gave it another quick kiss, grinning. "A long time ago," Henriks began, thinking how wonderful the ring looked on her finger, "there was a beautiful maiden with seven suitors, and she couldn't decide who she would marry. So they made seven tassels and put them on a ring, a different one for each suitor. She declared she would marry the suitor whose tassel fell off first. To this day, engagement rings still have seven tassels." He felt so blessed that she was his lovely lady, and that he didn't have six other suitors to contend with.

Henriks released a sigh of content. He was so happy, he could just dance or kiss her all over. But the sight of Amos climbing the stairs momentarily pushed this thought to the side of his mind. Amos set a new plate onto the table before disappearing once again. Henriks picked up one of the chocolate covered strawberries. "Zemenes," he said as his grin widened.

[Replimat]

An involuntary giggle escaped Chira's lips as Henriks took her hand.  She put her other hand to her mouth, feeling a little bit of a blush touch her cheeks as Henriks related the story behind the unusual ring.  The old-fashionedness of it made her think of her brother - he always seemed to know about history and folklore.

"Seven tassels, hmm?"  she winked.  "You don't have to worry about six other competitors, Henriks.  Though...if you want me to get engaged to you six more times in a row?  We can do that."  

Chira noticed that someone was walking up to the table out of the corner of her peripheral, though it was hard to pay attention.  She could barely hear the ambient noise of the station over the thudding in hear ears.  What she did notice, however, was the plate that the staff member, Amos, set down on the table.  "Oh...my god," she squealed, kicking her heels happily.  "Just when I thought you couldn't make things better, Apple...you go an introduce strawberries.  Everything is better with strawberries..." she winked.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 12:45 am

[Replimat]

Henriks might as well have been putty in her hands, the way he melted every time she smiled. He would do anything to make her smile... or laugh. Every time she giggled, a pleasant tingle would go down his spine. And to his delight, the whole night seemed to be according to plan, especially Chira's reaction when Amos brought up the strawberries. Henriks would definitely have to find a way to thank the man for all his help.

"Anything for m'lady," he said, grinning. He felt like his face was going to get stuck like that; he was that happy.

"Six more times?" he mused happily. "I think I could get behind that." Strawberry still in hand, Henriks got back down onto one knee and held it up as if it were a ring. "My lady, will you marry me?" Round number two.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 6:14 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:
[Replimat]

Henriks might as well have been putty in her hands, the way he melted every time she smiled. He would do anything to make her smile... or laugh. Every time she giggled, a pleasant tingle would go down his spine. And to his delight, the whole night seemed to be according to plan, especially Chira's reaction when Amos brought up the strawberries. Henriks would definitely have to find a way to thank the man for all his help.

"Anything for m'lady," he said, grinning. He felt like his face was going to get stuck like that; he was that happy.

"Six more times?" he mused happily. "I think I could get behind that." Strawberry still in hand, Henriks got back down onto one knee and held it up as if it were a ring. "My lady, will you marry me?" Round number two.

Chira beamed delightedly as Henriks got down to one knee again in the classic 'proposal' position.  A few other dining patrons were watching, laughing along good-naturedly.  Chira could hardly be bothered about the public display.  They had, after all, danced through a mess hall, once.  Besides...she was engaged!  The couple was entitled to a bit of romance-induced frivolity.

"With this strawberry, you thee wed?" she asked, taking up the berry-holding hand in her own, kissing it, and then taking a bite from the red fruit.  As she did, Chira made sure to lightly brush her lips over his fingers.  "Careful, Abols.  Strawberry is a passion fruit, y'know."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next