Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 2:42 pm

[Next Day...]

Ilana seemed, at least, to be getting a slight bit more comfortable around Morgan, a fact for which Raynor was happy. It was a testament, in a way, to how she implicitly trusted him. It seemed that Ilana was so open and comfortable with him that it was easy to forget how she tended to clam up in front of relative strangers.

He shouldered his coat on, knocking quickly on the doorframe before entering the room they were sharing. "Found just about every coat in the house for you, Lana," Raynor grinned, nodding to a blanket. "You can take that with you, too, if you want." He'd only told Ilana that he was going to show her something special, and to dress warmly...especially since the sun would be setting before too long.

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 3:07 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
[Next Day...]

Ilana seemed, at least, to be getting a slight bit more comfortable around Morgan, a fact for which Raynor was happy.  It was a testament, in a way, to how she implicitly trusted him.  It seemed that Ilana was so open and comfortable with him that it was easy to forget how she tended to clam up in front of relative strangers.

He shouldered his coat on, knocking quickly on the doorframe before entering the room they were sharing.  "Found just about every coat in the house for you, Lana," Raynor grinned, nodding to a blanket.  "You can take that with you, too, if you want."  He'd only told Ilana that he was going to show her something special, and to dress warmly...especially since the sun would be setting before too long.

The Cardassian wasn't all that sure about Raynor's plan. It involved going out into the cold weather of the Alaskan country. Her inner reptile was already protesting at just the thought of it. However, in acknowledgement of his advice, she was currently wearing three thermal layers as well as her regular clothing. It was a bit of a blessing that she tended to replicate her clothes a size or two too big: it made space for all the layers.

She smiled slightly, pulling on one of the coats that she had brought with her. It had heating pads in the lining, just what she needed given her cold-blooded ancestry. "I th-think I'll be warm enough. I f-feel like I'm w-wearing all the clothes I own!"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 9:57 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The Cardassian wasn't all that sure about Raynor's plan.  It involved going out into the cold weather of the Alaskan country.  Her inner reptile was already protesting at just the thought of it.  However, in acknowledgement of his advice, she was currently wearing three thermal layers as well as her regular clothing.  It was a bit of a blessing that she tended to replicate her clothes a size or two too big:  it made space for all the layers.

She smiled slightly, pulling on one of the coats that she had brought with her.  It had heating pads in the lining, just what she needed given her cold-blooded ancestry.  "I th-think I'll be warm enough.  I f-feel like I'm w-wearing all the clothes I own!"

"Aye," Raynor nodded, smirking playfully. "We'll have to watch that someone doesn't knock you over. You'll not be able to get back up." He kissed her as he pulled her hood up, opening the door to the speeder car. For his part, Raynor only wore the same jacket that he'd brought with him. He had always been fairly indifferent to both heat and cold.

Within moments they were off, skidding over the tops of trees and away from the setting sun, rocketing northward into the mountains. Raynor knew he was taking a risk in bringing Ilana out into the cold like this, but...if all went as planned, she likely wouldn't notice the temperatures.

The nav-system of the aircar bleeped, alerting Raynor that their destination was close. "It is a secluded spot," Raynor said, keying in the landing procedures. "One of my favorites...a place I discovered as a youth. Away from all the damn tourists," he muttered. Outside, a little snow squall was starting to pick up, as the craft landed.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 5:13 am

[Landing Site]

As the speeder skimmed over the tree tops, Ilana watched out the window at the landscape going past. It was so far removed from everything that she was used to. The colony planet only had a ten or so degree drop in temperatures during its winter period, nothing even close to this.

She was somewhat wary of leaving the warmth of the vehicle for the colder air outside, but Raynor had brought her out here with a purpose, that much was clear. She would just have to brave the snow that was starting to fall outside and pray that she was dressed warmly enough. Activating the heating pads in her coat, she opened the seals on the door and stepped out, wrapping her arms around herself in an instinctive effort to maintain body heat.

"Wh-why have we c-come out here?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 16, 2015 2:16 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
[Landing Site]

As the speeder skimmed over the tree tops, Ilana watched out the window at the landscape going past.  It was so far removed from everything that she was used to.  The colony planet only had a ten or so degree drop in temperatures during its winter period, nothing even close to this.

She was somewhat wary of leaving the warmth of the vehicle for the colder air outside, but Raynor had brought her out here with a purpose, that much was clear.  She would just have to brave the snow that was starting to fall outside and pray that she was dressed warmly enough.  Activating the heating pads in her coat, she opened the seals on the door and stepped out, wrapping her arms around herself in an instinctive effort to maintain body heat.

"Wh-why have we c-come out here?"

Raynor stretched as he exited the craft, breathing in the cool air. A few heavy snowflakes pelted his face, feeling more like a mixture of freezing rain. Even in the summer, a snow storm like this could pop up if the atmospheric conditions were right. A peal of thunder echoed off the hills, rolling away in the distance. He wouldn't be surprised if it began hailing, too.

"I promise you, Lana...you will enjoy this." Reaching into the cab, Raynor slung his backpack over a broad shoulder. He remembered the first time he'd taken Ilana into the wilds of Alaska, though that time had been holographic. He'd tossed her over his shoulder, carrying her out of sickbay and taking her rock-climbing. That had...been a mistake. Thankfully, their friendship had recovered from it. Raynor wasn't quite sure why Ilana had decided to put up with him back then, but it made his heart sing to know that she had.

Glancing up at the small hill they had to climb, and back to his poor, shuddering Lana...the Klingon grinned broadly and scooped her up into his arms, easily carrying her weight. "Do you trust me?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 5:50 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor stretched as he exited the craft, breathing in the cool air.  A few heavy snowflakes pelted his face, feeling more like a mixture of freezing rain.  Even in the summer, a snow storm like this could pop up if the atmospheric conditions were right.  A peal of thunder echoed off the hills, rolling away in the distance.  He wouldn't be surprised if it began hailing, too.

"I promise you, Lana...you will enjoy this."  Reaching into the cab, Raynor slung his backpack over a broad shoulder.  He remembered the first time he'd taken Ilana into the wilds of Alaska, though that time had been holographic.  He'd tossed her over his shoulder, carrying her out of sickbay and taking her rock-climbing.  That had...been a mistake.  Thankfully, their friendship had recovered from it.  Raynor wasn't quite sure why Ilana had decided to put up with him back then, but it made his heart sing to know that she had.

Glancing up at the small hill they had to climb, and back to his poor, shuddering Lana...the Klingon grinned broadly and scooped her up into his arms, easily carrying her weight.  "Do you trust me?"

Thunder was not something that Ilana had come across with any degree of regularity in her life and she jumped, moving closer to the speeder again. And then there was Raynor, lifting her up into his arms again, holding her close. As much as it stung her pride to think that the Klingon considered her unable to walk through the falling snow, she also knew that the cold would begin affecting her quickly, despite the layers of clothing. Part of her wondered how he could stay so warm given their environment, but she was a little more concerned with what they would be doing out here in the wilderness that prompted him to ask her if she trusted him.

She lifted one mittened hand to touch his cheek, offering him a faint smile. "Always," she murmured in response.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2015 8:55 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Thunder was not something that Ilana had come across with any degree of regularity in her life and she jumped, moving closer to the speeder again.  And then there was Raynor, lifting her up into his arms again, holding her close.  As much as it stung her pride to think that the Klingon considered her unable to walk through the falling snow, she also knew that the cold would begin affecting her quickly, despite the layers of clothing.  Part of her wondered how he could stay so warm given their environment, but she was a little more concerned with what they would be doing out here in the wilderness that prompted him to ask her if she trusted him.

She lifted one mittened hand to touch his cheek, offering him a faint smile.  "Always," she murmured in response.

"Then let us not waste time out here," Raynor grinned, kissing the Cardassian snuggled into his arms. His steps were even and measured, long limbs pumping as he carried Ilana along. She was still quite slight enough, however, that he hardly noticed the weight.

The landscape rose before them, rocky and covered with thick scrub, pieces of stone jutting out from the soil like broken teeth. Raynor soon came to a fissure in the mountainside, carrying Ilana on inside. He gently set her down, taking a small device out of his backpack and placing it along the rocky cavern entrance. "KDF proximity alert. This will tell us if anyone comes along, though I seriously doubt it." He also took a hand-light out of the pack, handing one to Ilana and taking one for himself. "Mind the rocks...you'll notice it getting warmer," he added, his grin somewhat playful.

As they moved deeper into the cave, Raynor could indeed feel it warming up. Caves stayed an even 12 C, no matter what time of year it was. He imagined, though, that the different wasn't that noticeable to Ilana...yet.

Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 6:50 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"Then let us not waste time out here," Raynor grinned, kissing the Cardassian snuggled into his arms.  His steps were even and measured, long limbs pumping as he carried Ilana along.  She was still quite slight enough, however, that he hardly noticed the weight.

The landscape rose before them, rocky and covered with thick scrub, pieces of stone jutting out from the soil like broken teeth.  Raynor soon came to a fissure in the mountainside, carrying Ilana on inside.  He gently set her down, taking a small device out of his backpack and placing it along the rocky cavern entrance.  "KDF proximity alert.  This will tell us if anyone comes along, though I seriously doubt it."  He also took a hand-light out of the pack, handing one to Ilana and taking one for himself.  "Mind the rocks...you'll notice it getting warmer," he added, his grin somewhat playful.

As they moved deeper into the cave, Raynor could indeed feel it warming up.  Caves stayed an even 12 C, no matter what time of year it was.  He imagined, though, that the different wasn't that noticeable to Ilana...yet.

As much as she was appreciative that Raynor was trying to take good care of her, Ilana was somewhat relieved when he put her down. She didn't particularly enjoy being carried, even if he did so without seeming to even realise that he was. It made her feel like a child. On the other hand, he was nice and warm despite the cold.

When they came up on the caves, a slight frown of confusion created a few lines on her face. Caves? Why would he want to show her caves? And why would he want to be alerted if someone entered the cave? There were so many questions going through her head that were going without answers as she took the hand beacon from him and wrapped the strap around her wrist. She didn't switch it on quite yet. Her sight in the dark was pretty good and certainly more comfortable than the harsh light that the beacon would provide.

She wrapped her arms around herself, following Raynor as he made his way deeper into the cave. The pads in her jacket were working well, keeping her temperature up. "Wh-why are we here?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:25 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

As much as she was appreciative that Raynor was trying to take good care of her, Ilana was somewhat relieved when he put her down.  She didn't particularly enjoy being carried, even if he did so without seeming to even realise that he was.  It made her feel like a child.  On the other hand, he was nice and warm despite the cold.

When they came up on the caves, a slight frown of confusion created a few lines on her face.  Caves?  Why would he want to show her caves?  And why would he want to be alerted if someone entered the cave?  There were so many questions going through her head that  were going without answers as she took the hand beacon from him and wrapped the strap around her wrist.  She didn't switch it on quite yet.  Her sight in the dark was pretty good and certainly more comfortable than the harsh light that the beacon would provide.

She wrapped her arms around herself, following Raynor as he made his way deeper into the cave.  The pads in her jacket were working well, keeping her temperature up.  "Wh-why are we here?"

"Why are we here. Because we're here?" Raynor grinned, shaking his head. "Zen. An Earth philosophy. Interesting reading, but...I don't know so much about the practical applications."

With the knapsack slung over one shoulder, and an arm around the Cardassian, Raynor continued to lead Ilana into the system of caves. He kept his light to the ground, but he could probably have walked the subterranean stretch in the darkness. Soon, the ambient temperature began to rise markedly, enough to where he shrugged the worn, olive-green jacket off and tied it around his waist. He was only in his characteristic black tank-top, but it was plenty warm. At least, for a Klingon.

"This way. Not far, now," Raynor said, urging Ilana on. A narrow fissure soon opened up to a large, wide cavern, with a hissing, bubbling sound filling the area. Raynor set his knapsack down, taking out several disc-like lights, setting them around the area as he activated them. Soon, the entire scene was illuminated in soft, warm light. "Hot springs, dear doctor. Soothing mineral waters, heated by geothermic activity. I may be one of the few people on this planet that knows about this cave. I found it as a boy...when I would run through the wilderness for days on end."

Kneeling down, Raynor trailed his fingers through the water. "Around 45 Celsius. Warm enough for you?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 7:46 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"Why are we here.  Because we're here?" Raynor grinned, shaking his head.  "Zen.  An Earth philosophy.  Interesting reading, but...I don't know so much about the practical applications."  

With the knapsack slung over one shoulder, and an arm around the Cardassian, Raynor continued to lead Ilana into the system of caves.  He kept his light to the ground, but he could probably have walked the subterranean stretch in the darkness.  Soon, the ambient temperature began to rise markedly, enough to where he shrugged the worn, olive-green jacket off and tied it around his waist.  He was only in his characteristic black tank-top, but it was plenty warm.  At least, for a Klingon.

"This way.  Not far, now," Raynor said, urging Ilana on.  A narrow fissure soon opened up to a large, wide cavern, with a hissing, bubbling sound filling the area.  Raynor set his knapsack down, taking out several disc-like lights, setting them around the area as he activated them.  Soon, the entire scene was illuminated in soft, warm light.  "Hot springs, dear doctor.  Soothing mineral waters, heated by geothermic activity.  I may be one of the few people on this planet that knows about this cave.  I found it as a boy...when I would run through the wilderness for days on end."

Kneeling down, Raynor trailed his fingers through the water.  "Around 45 Celsius.  Warm enough for you?"

The slow rise in temperature soon became noticeable to the Cardassian and she frowned slightly, trying to think of a reason behind it. Unfortunately, she was a doctor, not a geologist. She shrugged off one of the jackets she was wearing, folding it neatly over her arm.

The reason for the rise in temperature soon became evident as heard the running of water and the steam gently rising off the surface of the pool. A smile spread over her face as Raynor lit several lamps to give the cavern a warm glow.

"It's b-b-beautiful," she breathed, crouching down next to him and pulling off one of her mittens so that she could dip her slender fingers into the warm water. She seemed to relax, her expression softening. "J-just about w-warm enough," she replied, moving to hug his arm. "Th-th-thank you."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2015 11:34 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The slow rise in temperature soon became noticeable to the Cardassian and she frowned slightly, trying to think of a reason behind it.  Unfortunately, she was a doctor, not a geologist.  She shrugged off one of the jackets she was wearing, folding it neatly over her arm.

The reason for the rise in temperature soon became evident as heard the running of water and the steam gently rising off the surface of the pool.  A smile spread over her face as Raynor lit several lamps to give the cavern a warm glow.

"It's b-b-beautiful," she breathed, crouching down next to him and pulling off one of her mittens so that she could dip her slender fingers into the warm water.  She seemed to relax, her expression softening.  "J-just about w-warm enough," she replied, moving to hug his arm.  "Th-th-thank you."

Raynor stretched, smiling at Ilana like a purring and happy ridge cat. The air here was thicker and warmer, and quite steamy from the heated mineral pool. "I would go on sojourns into the wild as a boy," he said, slipping his jacket off and hanging it on a small rock. "I would leave without food or water, forcing myself to gain sustenance through my own skill. Running through the wilderness, chasing down animals." He winked apologetically at the Cardassian. "I apologize for my barbarism..."

Next came the shirt, as Raynor sat down and started to remove his boots. "I would come here, rest in the waters...and think. About life...everything." Within a few moments, Raynor stood completely nude before Ilana, shrugging with a smile. "Are you ready, dear doctor?"
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 5:35 am

The Cardassian was quite happy to sit there and watch as Raynor stripped off. She could see the ripple of his impressive muscles working under his skin as he moved, and the sheen starting to form on his skin from the steam-filled air just augmented the experience.

"I w-wouldn't h-have it any other way," she replied to his words, a faint smile on her face until she figured out that he expected her to strip off as well. The realisation caused the blood to drain from her face, then return in as a flood to colour her cheeks. With shaking hands, she slowly pulled off the multitude of layers she was wearing, each one being carefully laid out on one of the nearby rocks. The warmth of the cavern made up for the loss of clothing, but she still hesitated when she got to her thermal shirt and trousers, her nerve suddenly failing her.

Hoping that it would be enough, she padded forward to stand closer to the Klingon, smiling somewhat shyly up at him. It hadn't taken a leap of intelligence to know what he was planning next, but she wasn't all that sure how to proceed.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 23, 2015 10:49 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
The Cardassian was quite happy to sit there and watch as Raynor stripped off.  She could see the ripple of his impressive muscles working under his skin as he moved, and the sheen starting to form on his skin from the steam-filled air just augmented the experience.

"I w-wouldn't h-have it any other way," she replied to his words, a faint smile on her face until she figured out that he expected her to strip off as well.  The realisation caused the blood to drain from her face, then return in as a flood to colour her cheeks.  With shaking hands, she slowly pulled off the multitude of layers she was wearing, each one being carefully laid out on one of the nearby rocks.  The warmth of the cavern made up for the loss of clothing, but she still hesitated when she got to her thermal shirt and trousers, her nerve suddenly failing her.

Hoping that it would be enough, she padded forward to stand closer to the Klingon, smiling somewhat shyly up at him.  It hadn't taken a leap of intelligence to know what he was planning next, but she wasn't all that sure how to proceed.

The look on Ilana's face told a solid tale about just what she thought of this particular idea, but Raynor hadn't given up on selling it to her just yet. "Relax," he said, drawing her close with his arms around her slight form. "The proximity alert will warn us long before someone stumbles into this cave. The Federation Geological Survey likely has this place on record somewhere, but I seriously doubt too many others even know it exists. We," he grinned, cupping her jaw and kissing her, "are alone."

Raynor allowed his hands to trail down along the Cardassian's sides, touching along the delicate scales. Smiling broadly, he took up her hand in his, leading her to the water. "Ease in, it's quite warm. Though, I doubt you will have a problem with that." He immediately felt the water's heat seep into his muscles and bones as he waded out. "Nothing's in the water that'll hurt us, either. This is Earth. The fauna here is unbelievably tame."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 6:04 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
The look on Ilana's face told a solid tale about just what she thought of this particular idea, but Raynor hadn't given up on selling it to her just yet.  "Relax," he said, drawing her close with his arms around her slight form.  "The proximity alert will warn us long before someone stumbles into this cave.  The Federation Geological Survey likely has this place on record somewhere, but I seriously doubt too many others even know it exists.  We," he grinned, cupping her jaw and kissing her, "are alone."

Raynor allowed his hands to trail down along the Cardassian's sides, touching along the delicate scales.  Smiling broadly, he took up her hand in his, leading her to the water.  "Ease in, it's quite warm.  Though, I doubt you will have a problem with that."  He immediately felt the water's heat seep into his muscles and bones as he waded out.  "Nothing's in the water that'll hurt us, either.  This is Earth.  The fauna here is unbelievably tame."

Ilana had, with some reluctance, removed the last layers of clothing she wore before being drawn into Raynor's arms. It was warm there, warm and comfortable and reassuring.

The steam from the hot spring was already forming droplets of water on her scales, condensing into tiny rivulets that tickled as they trickled down onto her skin. The reassurance that they were alone in the caves was something of a relief since they were both standing there with not a stitch covering them.

The water was, indeed, warm as they stepped into it, reaching up to Ilana's waist after only two or three steps into it. She had to admit to being a little afraid of whatever was lurking in the water. Tame or not, she wasn't a fan of unexpected encounters with exobiology. She also wasn't a big lover of water, but she had to admit that this was nice. The dim light, the warmth, the humid air… It sang to her ancestral reptile in a manner that few other places ever could.

She stopped moving as the water reached her shoulders, unwilling to go any further in case she lost her footing and found herself completely submerged. "This is… p-pleasant," she offered, unsure what the Klingon wanted to hear.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 24, 2015 8:09 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
Ilana had, with some reluctance, removed the last layers of clothing she wore before being drawn into Raynor's arms.  It was warm there, warm and comfortable and reassuring.  

The steam from the hot spring was already forming droplets of water on her scales, condensing into tiny rivulets that tickled as they trickled down onto her skin.  The reassurance that they were alone in the caves was something of a relief since they were both standing there with not a stitch covering them.

The water was, indeed, warm as they stepped into it, reaching up to Ilana's waist after only two or three steps into it.  She had to admit to being a little afraid of whatever was lurking in the water.  Tame or not, she wasn't a fan of unexpected encounters with exobiology.  She also wasn't a big lover of water, but she had to admit that this was nice.  The dim light, the warmth, the humid air… It sang to her ancestral reptile in a manner that few other places ever could.

She stopped moving as the water reached her shoulders, unwilling to go any further in case she lost her footing and found herself completely submerged.   "This is… p-pleasant," she offered, unsure what the Klingon wanted to hear.

Pleasant? Well...that was a start, at least.

"Indeed," Raynor said, noting that Ilana seemed to be wading out further into the water. Then again, she was quite a bit shorter than he was, so the water was only up to his torso. "Give it time for the heat to settle into your bones, Lana. Here," he smiled, taking her by the shoulder and guiding her closer to the edge of the pool. He found a relatively smooth surface in the shallower end, sitting down on it and pulling the Cardassian into his lap. The water now was just up to her chest. "Breathe in the steam, too. Ancient peoples on this world believed in the healing property of mineral waters."

With her properly settled in, Raynor placed his large hands on her shoulders, and began working at the muscles there. "From the feel of it," he murmured, "you need to have me do this more often. You are as tense as a targ before a feastday hunt."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 4:07 am

The more Ilana breathed in the steam amd let the waters sooth her muscles, the more the Cardassian found that she was relaxing. She just had to learn how to let herself relax, something that Raynor seemed determined to teach her how to do as he lead her over to a smooth ledge by the edge of the pool. She thought guiltily about all the PADDs she had brought with her from the station so that she could continue her work.

The feel of the Klingon's hands on her shoulders came somewhat unexpectedly and she jumped, but then relaxed again, letting her head loll back against him, exposing her throat.

"Are you s-surprised?" She asked rhetorically.

(wrong character, I know, but I can't log out)
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 6:45 am

Ilana Telak wrote:
The more Ilana breathed in the steam amd let the waters sooth her muscles, the more the Cardassian found that she was relaxing.  She just had to learn how to let herself relax, something that Raynor seemed determined to teach her how to do as he lead her over to a smooth ledge by the edge of the pool.  She thought guiltily about all the PADDs she had brought with her from the station so that she could continue her work.

The feel of the Klingon's hands on her shoulders came somewhat unexpectedly and she jumped, but then relaxed again, letting her head loll back against him, exposing her throat.

"Are you s-surprised?" She asked rhetorically.

Raynor was glad that they'd found a relatively smooth place to sit. Even the toughest of warriors would prefer not to sit their bare ass on sharp rocks. It felt, though, as if this pool basin had been created over millions of years with flowstone minerals, leaving no jagged edges. As if the world itself had started the process just so Raynor Hughes and Ilana Telak could wander in and share a moment with each other.

"Not necessarily," Raynor said, his low voice echoing slightly. He continued to work at the muscles, using his broad hands and tapering fingers to press, but only committing a fraction of his strength. There were still times when he was unsure of himself with Ilana, feeling as if he might accidentally crack her like a fine china teacup.

The Klingon smiled happily as her short-shorn head leaned back against him. Raynor drew her even closer, rubbing his fingertips out further along her shoulders as he brought his lips down on that white-grey neck. "But I suppose making sure you don't overwork has become a life's goal, now," he said, knowing how close he was to those delicate scales, but uncaring. They were, after all, wholly alone. He paused, and then teasingly brushed his lips against them. "A labor of love."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 7:55 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor was glad that they'd found a relatively smooth place to sit. Even the toughest of warriors would prefer not to sit their bare ass on sharp rocks. It felt, though, as if this pool basin had been created over millions of years with flowstone minerals, leaving no jagged edges. As if the world itself had started the process just so Raynor Hughes and Ilana Telak could wander in and share a moment with each other.

"Not necessarily," Raynor said, his low voice echoing slightly. He continued to work at the muscles, using his broad hands and tapering fingers to press, but only committing a fraction of his strength. There were still times when he was unsure of himself with Ilana, feeling as if he might accidentally crack her like a fine china teacup.

The Klingon smiled happily as her short-shorn head leaned back against him. Raynor drew her even closer, rubbing his fingertips out further along her shoulders as he brought his lips down on that white-grey neck. "But I suppose making sure you don't overwork has become a life's goal, now," he said, knowing how close he was to those delicate scales, but uncaring. They were, after all, wholly alone. He paused, and then teasingly brushed his lips against them. "A labor of love."

Despite their apparent gentleness, Ilana was aware of just how much Raynor had to be holding back from trying to hurt her too much in his ministrations. It felt as if he was pressing with all his strength, but she knew that couldn't be true. The knots in her back were already sore enough that it was probably just creating illusions in her mind.

She found her muscles tensing as Raynor got close to her neck scales, uncomfortable at the fact that he seemed to be about to initiate something right there, in the middle of a cave in the Alaskan wilderness. "Y-you may find th-that even with m-my last b-breath, I'll still be t-trying to overwork," she managed to say before her words were lost in a squeak as hot lips touched sensitive scale. "H-h-here?" she struggled to get out.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 10:10 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

Despite their apparent gentleness, Ilana was aware of just how much Raynor had to be holding back from trying to hurt her too much in his ministrations.  It felt as if he was pressing with all his strength, but she knew that couldn't be true.  The knots in her back were already sore enough that it was probably just creating illusions in her mind.

She found her muscles tensing as Raynor got close to her neck scales, uncomfortable at the fact that he seemed to be about to initiate something right there, in the middle of a cave in the Alaskan wilderness.  "Y-you may find th-that even with m-my last b-breath, I'll still be t-trying to overwork," she managed to say before her words were lost in a squeak as hot lips touched sensitive scale.  "H-h-here?" she struggled to get out.

"Hmm. Why not here? We are, of course, alone," Raynor said. He grinned broadly, shaking his head a little as he wrapped his arms around Ilana, enveloping her slight form, resting his chin on her shoulder. "You have my word that I'll defend you from anything," the Klingon rumbled. "Even if it's paperwork and lack of a proper breakfast. As for the rest...well. I'll leave that up to you." He kissed her once along the back of the neck, his tone playful and smiling. "We can do whatever you wish." Another kiss, closer around the base of her neck, along the broad, thin scale connecting there. "We can just relax. Soak in the heat. Breathe the steam." Another kiss, this one to the collar, trailing up the neck. "Anything you want."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 7:37 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
"Hmm.  Why not here?  We are, of course, alone," Raynor said.  He grinned broadly, shaking his head a little as he wrapped his arms around Ilana, enveloping her slight form, resting his chin on her shoulder.  "You have my word that I'll defend you from anything," the Klingon rumbled.  "Even if it's paperwork and lack of a proper breakfast.  As for the rest...well.  I'll leave that up to you."  He kissed her once along the back of the neck, his tone playful and smiling.  "We can do whatever you wish."  Another kiss, closer around the base of her neck, along the broad, thin scale connecting there.  "We can just relax.  Soak in the heat.  Breathe the steam."  Another kiss, this one to the collar, trailing up the neck.  "Anything you want."

The Cardassian was starting to get distinctly uncomfortable, squirming in Raynor's lap. The rational part of her mind was telling her that they couldn't continue along this path, not here in this cave. The more primal part was telling her rational side to sit in the corner and shut up because it was enjoying itself.

She twisted round so that she was astride him, twisting her fingers into his damp hair and tugging on it to pull his head back so that she could kiss him. The feel of his lips and breath on her neck scales had slowly been driving her insane and she wanted to make him feel the same way.

Coming up for air, she glared at him. "Y-you are inc-c-corrigable."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 1:34 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:

The Cardassian was starting to get distinctly uncomfortable, squirming in Raynor's lap.  The rational part of her mind was telling her that they couldn't continue along this path, not here in this cave.  The more primal part was telling her rational side to sit in the corner and shut up because it was enjoying itself.

She twisted round so that she was astride him, twisting her fingers into his damp hair and tugging on it to pull his head back so that she could kiss him.  The feel of his lips and breath on her neck scales had slowly been driving her insane and she wanted to make him feel the same way.

Coming up for air, she glared at him.  "Y-you are inc-c-corrigable."

Raynor let out a soft, approving grunt as Ilana turned around in his grasp, bringing herself to face him, feeling the gentle pull as her slim fingers went through his wet hair. Touching along her lip and chin, Raynor gently tilted the Cardassian's head back, exposing more of her soft neck area so he could kiss along it, moving lower as he lifted her up out of the water, backing to where it was even shallower.

"Incorrigible," he teased, both wit his words and with his tongue. "I'm afraid the universal translator didn't pick that one up. There seems to be no analogous word in Klingonese. I can't say I know the meaning..."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:38 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor let out a soft, approving grunt as Ilana turned around in his grasp, bringing herself to face him, feeling the gentle pull as her slim fingers went through his wet hair.  Touching along her lip and chin, Raynor gently tilted the Cardassian's head back, exposing more of her soft neck area so he could kiss along it, moving lower as he lifted her up out of the water, backing to where it was even shallower.  

"Incorrigible," he teased, both wit his words and with his tongue.  "I'm afraid the universal translator didn't pick that one up.  There seems to be no analogous word in Klingonese.  I can't say I know the meaning..."

Ilana hissed quietly under the pleasurable attack, squirming again. The Klingon seemed to have a thing for going for her neck. Not that she could really complain, of course, nor did she put up any resistance when he pulled her head back a little more to get better access.

She shivered slightly as he lifted her a little more out of the water, the air cooling on her wet skin. She tugged at his hair again, scowling at the Klingon.

"Yes, y-you do," she growled, leaning her head down to bite at his neck.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 8:19 am

Ilana Telak wrote:

Ilana hissed quietly under the pleasurable attack, squirming again.  The Klingon seemed to have a thing for going for her neck.  Not that she could really complain, of course, nor did she put up any resistance when he pulled her head back a little more to get better access.

She shivered slightly as he lifted her a little more out of the water, the air cooling on her wet skin.  She tugged at his hair again, scowling at the Klingon.

"Yes, y-you do," she growled, leaning her head down to bite at his neck.

"Oh. That's correct. I suppose a scientist should have a broader vocabulary...right?" Although the room was warmed by the heated steam of the pool, he knew that it must feel markedly cooler to Ilana, especially after being in the water. Raynor grinned boyishly as the Cardassian pulled at his hair. The slight shiver that shot down his spine at the subtle twinge of pain was like a direct bolt of electricity, filling his nerves energy firing through naked wires.

And then, of course, she bit him.

Fast learner, he thought - one of his last rational ones, at least for a little while, as passion flooded every aspect of his being. Of course she was a fast learner. She was his brilliant, frail, beautiful doctor, and he loved her without reservation, wanted her right now more than he wanted his next lungful of oxygen.

Raynor moved up out of the water a little more, allowing the pair to get a better grip on each other. Lifting her slight form was an easy task for his arms, and he couldn't help but think of the last time he'd had her in Alaska - the holographic version. Long ago, in the early days of their friendship...he'd slung her over his shoulder and carried her to a holodeck. Now, here they were, so much more than friends, and this time, she was in his arms voluntarily.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:34 am

Ilana's nails were digging into the Klingon's shoulders as she tried to keep a hold of him, feeling precariously unbalanced. One wrong move and she could end up under the water, something that she would rather avoid. As a general rule, she only tolerated water.

The stray thought that they seemed to find themselves in this sort of situation rather often: naked in each other's arms, teasing each other to the point where they couldn't take it any more.

She let out a squeak of surprise as he hefted her up a little higher, clinging onto him all the tighter. Another thought struck her:

"R-Raynor, w-w-won't your f-father m-m-miss us if w-we're away too long?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 2:20 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
Ilana's nails were digging into the Klingon's shoulders as she tried to keep a hold of him, feeling precariously unbalanced.  One wrong move and she could end up under the water, something that she would rather avoid.  As a general rule, she only tolerated water.  

The stray thought that they seemed to find themselves in this sort of situation rather often:  naked in each other's arms, teasing each other to the point where they couldn't take it any more.  

She let out a squeak of surprise as he hefted her up a little higher, clinging onto him all the tighter.  Another thought struck her:

"R-Raynor, w-w-won't your f-father m-m-miss us if w-we're away too long?"

The sharp sensation of his hair being pulled complemented the feeling of Ilana's nails digging into the muscles of Raynor's shoulders, producing a pleasurable rumble from deep within his throat. "And if he does? Lana, we're adults, and officers in our respective services. I'm sure he isn't clueless about what it is we do in our spare time," he grinned, following it with another barrage of strategically-placed kisses, tongue, and nips of the teeth. "You should not be so uptight about him. He likes you. Father mated to a Klingon, after all. He is not one to judge someone based on their species. More importantly," he purred, re-positioning her once again, "why are we still talking?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]   Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana] - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Apples Don't Fall Far From the Tree [Raynor/Ilana]
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next