Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Warm those scales, Doctor

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Stefan Ives
Ensign
Ensign

Riker Award

Warm those scales, Doctor Empty
PostSubject: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 18, 2015 9:02 pm

[USS Phoenix - Deck 12, Main Sickbay]

Stefan had avoided this moment for as long as had been allowed; well, for as long as the Phoenix's command staff and chief medical officer were willing to humor this game of cat and mouse, anyway. After several courteous reminders, he'd finally received a cautionary memo from Lieutenant Reliek and Doctor Merchant to attend the mandatory physical examination, which Stefan had skillfully evaded since first reporting on board. This was no longer an option, as both senior officer's had warned him that, should he fail to follow proper protocol, they'd temporarily relieve him of duty until such time that the examination was complete. The Phoenix wasn't in a position to have one of its expertly trained security and tactical officers temporarily relieved simply because he was choosing not to turn his head and cough, so Stefan finally relented and scheduled an appointment with the medical department.

Entering the main sickbay, Stefan glanced around the reception area, waiting patiently for any one of the on-duty medical staff to acknowledge his presence.
Back to top Go down
https://instagram.com/vince.raposa/
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 7:32 am

[Sickbay]

Kintiss had only just returned from his appointed lunch hour. The day seemed to be dragging by with no end in sight, between reading the files of patients and organising them. He had to consider himself lucky, though. It seemed like a day never went by on this ship without someone exploding or dying or getting themselves hurt. A quiet day was a blessing. He looked over from his work and spotted an Ensign standing in the reception area, no doubt waiting for someone.

"Can I help you, Enssssign?" he asked, moving to the reception area.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Stefan Ives
Ensign
Ensign

Riker Award

PostSubject: Re: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 8:04 pm

Kintiss wrote:
[Sickbay]"Can I help you, Enssssign?" he asked, moving to the reception area.

The expressive 's' sound had Stefan's skin prickling, in a way similar to when nails scratch against a chalkboard. "Oh, hey Doc!" He replied jovially, dismissing the sensation as he extended a hand toward the reptilian-like Ensign. "Yeah, um, Lieutenahnt-Bossy-Pahnts is hahving a conniption fit becahuse I hahven't hahd my physicahl yet." Stefan offered by way of an unabashed explanation, "So, I figuahed I'd get McPsycho off my bahck ahnd get this ovah with." He joked. True, Julia had ruffled his feathers, yet Stefan harbored no ill-will for the Lieutenant; she was, after all, simply doing her duty as a command officer. If anything, he was beginning to cultivate a respect and admiration for her having the balls to confront him with such a public display of authority.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 1:38 pm

Ah, yes. He'd been informed on the Ensign's imminent arrival for a physical. In all his work as a medic, he'd never narrowed down why some people avoided their physicals like a plague. They weren't that intrusive anymore. Medical technology had come a long way, after all.

"Right, well, you take a sssseat on a biobed and I'll be with you momentarily." Kintiss only gave a brief handshake before turning away to retrieve the necessary equipment.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Ives
Ensign
Ensign

Riker Award

PostSubject: Re: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 2:18 pm

Kintiss wrote:
Ah, yes. He'd been informed on the Ensign's imminent arrival for a physical. In all his work as a medic, he'd never narrowed down why some people avoided their physicals like a plague. They weren't that intrusive anymore. Medical technology had come a long way, after all.

"Right, well, you take a sssseat on a biobed and I'll be with you momentarily." Kintiss only gave a brief handshake before turning away to retrieve the necessary equipment.

"Ah, so my reputahtion precedes me?" He chuckled, an amused expression besetting his face as he hopped onto one of the nearest biobeds. This feeling of amusement was but a momentary reprieve from his anxiety-laced psyche; fingers curled around its beveled frame, the metal strikingly cold against his paling knuckles, a result of his firm grasp. "You'ah probahbly busy doing something medicahlly relahvahnt... I cahn ahlwahy's come bahck lahtah." Stefan nervously followed-up, feeling his heart rate increase to a more rapid beat, a light sheen of sweat beading across his forehead.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 5:14 pm

"Nonssssenssse." Kintiss gathered up a medical tricorder and a PADD loaded with the Ensign's medical records. It never hurt to have those nearby in case anything went wrong. He could already tell that Ensign Ives was nervous, almost scared. He'd dealt with that before, but he was no closer to understanding why people felt uncomfortable in sickbay.

"I promisssse I'll be assss unintrusssive assss posssible." He activated the medical tricorder and held it up to Ives. "Out of curiosssity, when wasss your lasssst physssical?"
Back to top Go down
Stefan Ives
Ensign
Ensign

Riker Award

PostSubject: Re: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 6:26 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"Nonssssenssse." Kintiss gathered up a medical tricorder and a PADD loaded with the Ensign's medical records. It never hurt to have those nearby in case anything went wrong. He could already tell that Ensign Ives was nervous, almost scared. He'd dealt with that before, but he was no closer to understanding why people felt uncomfortable in sickbay.

"I promisssse I'll be assss unintrusssive assss posssible." He activated the medical tricorder and held it up to Ives. "Out of curiosssity, when wasss your lasssst physssical?"

"Thahnk's doc..." He replied, hazel-colored eyes following the devices' hypnotic movement as it passed over his body from left to right. "Probahbly not since the ahcahdemy?" He ventured a guess, knowing that the answer was undoubtedly in his medical file, which lay open on a nearby data PADD. Stefan inwardly applauded the Doctor's attempt to distract him from feelings of trepidation. He sucked in a deep breath, releasing it slowly in an effort to quell the nausea burbling from within. "Uh, doc, I'm feeling a bit nauseous." Stefan gently rubbed his stomach, his skin ashen and clammy. "I don't do so well in plahces like these..." For as long as he could remember, Stefan had never felt comfortable in an environment such as this. He was aware of and took solace in the fact that there were others who felt similar, yet this did little to still his anxiety. Stefan couldn't explain why he felt this way, yet surmised it may have had something to do with the sterility of a clinical setting.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 6:53 pm

"Yessss, I can ssssee that." Kintiss pressed a hypospray to the Ensign's neck. "Thissss sssshould relieve any negative sssymptoms." He wasn't the first to feel that way, and he certainly wouldn't be the last. Maybe that was why he kept avoiding physicals.

"Have you experienced any illnessss or injury ssssince your lasssst physssical?" he asked. It was good to cover all the bases, especially if one hadn't had a proper physical since the Academy. Yes, he supposed he could always read his medical record, but it was always best to get this information straight from the horse's mouth.
Back to top Go down
Stefan Ives
Ensign
Ensign

Riker Award

PostSubject: Re: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 8:19 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"Yessss, I can ssssee that." Kintiss pressed a hypospray to the Ensign's neck. "Thissss sssshould relieve any negative sssymptoms." He wasn't the first to feel that way, and he certainly wouldn't be the last. Maybe that was why he kept avoiding physicals.

"Have you experienced any illnessss or injury ssssince your lasssst physssical?" he asked. It was good to cover all the bases, especially if one hadn't had a proper physical since the Academy. Yes, he supposed he could always read his medical record, but it was always best to get this information straight from the horse's mouth.

Stefan could feel the effects of the medication as it worked its way through his body. He took several deep breaths as relief washed over his stomach, easing the nausea. "Nothing outtah the ordinahry..." He wiped the sweat from his brow, "Ah strahined or sore muscle from working out or trahning exeahcises, mahbye some generahl fahtigue from studying or long duty shift rotahtions... stuff like thaht, but nothing too crahzy." Stefan confessed with a dismissive shrug. Most of the time, he felt amazing and at the top of his game; he had a tendency to push himself harder than some of his counterparts, but it was important for him to stay as physically fit as was possible, considering his chosen profession and finely-honed skill set.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 5:16 pm

"Makessss ssssensssse." Kintiss set aside the medical tricorder. "All your vitalssss are within acceptable parameterssss. Frankly, I'm not ssssure why you put thisss off asss long asss you did." Yes, he was in good physical condition, but people needed rest more often than they cared to admit.

"When wassss your lasssst day off?" This was where he caught most of his patients out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Warm those scales, Doctor   Warm those scales, Doctor I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Warm those scales, Doctor
Page 1 of 1