Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] Empty
PostSubject: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 12:14 pm

[Cargo Bay 4]

It had been a little over a week since Zero and Leela's initial dinner, where they planned their little scheme.

"Computer, security lockout to this room. Authorization Kaz 1-1-4-2." The computer beeped acknowledging her command. The Captain had granted her and Zero the use of this room in an effort to help Zero overcome her issues and move out of the control of Corinth and his team. She knew that Corinth had operatives aboard the ship.

She had spent the better part of four days turning the unused forgo bay into a holodeck to help Zero. Leela had made contact with an old friend of Juval's who designed an appropriate program for Zero. All that was left was to bring Zero down to the cargo bay and begin the treatment.

=/\="Ensign Kaz to Lieutenant Zero Alpha. Please report to Cargo Bay 4 and bring a medical kit."=/\=

Last edited by Leela Kaz on Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 1:56 pm

As ever, Zero was in the genetics lab when Leela's dreaded call came through. The Augment hadn't been looking forward to receiving the summons to the make shift holodeck being set up in one of the cargo bays ever since the captain had given the project the green light. In fact, ever since the plan had been put into place, she had been unable to concentrate on any of her work, something that was most irritating to her.

With a heavy sigh, she packed up the project she had been unsuccessfully working on before picking up the requested med kit. That had her slightly worried. What were they going to do that might require her to bring a med kit?

Putting that to the back of her mind and making an attempt to ignore it, Zero made her way to the cargo bay. When she arrived, she looked around, trying to spot Leela.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 2:25 pm

As Zero entered the cargo bay. Leela made the quick decision to demonstrate her success. She never revealed herself to the augment but her voice permeated through the cargo bay. "Computer, initiate program Trill 2." The lackluster cargo bay was instantly transformed into a beautiful beach at sunset. The sky blazed with various shades of purple. Clouds streaked through the sky and broke up the various shades of purple. "What do you think Zero, its the beach outside the Trill capital city." She paused to let it soak in for a moment then her voice came through again. "Computer, initiate program Kaz 117." The beach quickly faded from view and was quickly replaced by desert. An orange sky filled the scene. Sand as far as the eye could see. "This is Vulcan. It's such a hot dry place, its hard to believe that a piece of my heart is forever trapped on this world."

She let the sounds of the program play out for a moment before indicating to the computer that she wished to end the scene. "Computer end program." The computer beeped and the cargo bay returned to its former unassuming state.

"So what do you think Zero?" The trill stepped out from behind a cluster of cargo containers and moved into the open area and towards Zero.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 2:35 pm

Zero, already tense as a Ferengi during an audit, jumped at the sound of Leela's voice, then the change of scenery. In fact, she closed her eyes, willing it away. It was only when she heard Leela's voice again and the sound of footsteps on the deck plates did she open them again.

"It is... adequate for our purpose?" she offered, unsure.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 3:07 pm

Leela could feel the tension emitting from Zero. "I believe it will suffice." She pulled an isolinear rod from her pocket and handed it to Zero. "A fired of mine, a psychotherapist, owed me." She paused. "Well owed Juval a favor. He designed this program for your specific case."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 3:16 pm

Taking the isolinear chip as if is was a dangerous animal about to bite her, Zero looked decidedly unsure about what they were going to do. However, the fact that Leela had talked about the case with another person put her on the defensive.

"You have discussed my situation with others without my permission?" she asked, her pale grey eyes narrowed.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 3:44 pm

Leela sighed at the distrust that seemed to still exist. Zero always seemed to be looking for an angle. She never believed that someone could be genuine. "I didn't use your name or reveal your identity in any way, Zero. I promise. I only described some of your issues."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 4:02 pm

But if one knew enough of the problems and knew that I was aboard... Zero thought to herself, a sense of panic rising up that someone somewhere would have been able to put the pieces together and take actions against her.

Trying to tamp down on the panic until she had a genuine reason to be concerned, the young Augment took a deep breath, wishing that she had thought to bring Ghost with her. He always seemed to reassure her and he was the one thing that Corinth had yet managed to take away from her.

"What... what is required of me?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 5:54 pm

Leela took a deep breathe. She could feel the tension building inside her new friend. She looked at Zero and moved closer. "Its really quite simple. We initiate the program and it will slowly put you through de-sensitization exercises designed to help your brain form new connections. You're brain will begin to see things that scared you in the past as non threatening." She looked down to the chip in Zero's hand. "That program will hopefully save your life. Or at least grant you a new one."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Zero looked down at the chip in her hand once again, the sense of unease growing with every second that passed. How could this little thing cure her of all the neuroses that Corinth had taken years to carefully cultivate in her? How could this change the fears she held? The knowledge that she was not permitted to have alcohol, not allowed to enjoy anything, whether it be food, a hobby or a relationship.

Also, in order to confront her paralysing fear of dark, enclosed spaces, she was going to have to go in to dark, enclosed spaces.

Suddenly overcome by panic at simply the thought of having to go into something similar to what Corinth did whenever he felt that she needed to be punished, she held the chip out to Leela again. "My apologies, but I do not believe that I will be able to complete this assignment."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 19, 2015 11:59 pm

She's getting cold feet! Leela was not surprised. Zero had shown extreme trepidation towards the notion of facing her biggest fear. She wasn't about to let her give up. "Zero, you've come so far. You're ten steps closer to meeting your goal. You're closer to freedom. Now isn't the time to hesitate." Leela was hoping to inspire her friend.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2015 9:27 am

"You are asking to much of me!" Zero snapped, running a hand through her white hair. 'It was made sufficiently clear to me that I am incapable of surviving without the support of Starfleet Medical. I do not believe that this will work."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 7:00 pm

"You think you [I]need[/n] Starfleet Medical to live. They don't feed you or clothe you. You don't need anyone but yourself. And maybe a friend. You can do this Zero!" Leela's pep talks were starting to feel old. In one way, Zero was the smartest person she had ever met. On the other hand she often seemed to be childish in her reactions.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2015 7:20 pm

Zero still looked extremely uncomfortable and even afraid. She was sure that this was all going to backfire in some spectacular manner and, even if it didn't, she was also certain that she wouldn't be able to go through this program Leela had cooked up.

Pushing the chip back into the Trill's hand, she shook her head. "Yes, they do. If you had undergone the same processes as I, then you would have few doubts about their control."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 9:03 am

"You're right. Maybe if I had endured what you've endured I would see things differently. But you're not going to get anywhere if you never try." She pushed the program back and took Zero's fingers and wrapped them around the chip. "If not for yourself, do it for the kid." She made a last effort to remind Zero of the consequences of not going forward.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2015 5:28 pm

With Leela's hand keeping hers closed, Zero couldn't push the chip back at the Trill. Instead, she found herself looking away. Trust her to bring up Callion in an attempt to make her feel guilty enough to force herself through this. Unfortunately, her fear and instilled sense of defeat were too strong for that. Corinth had made sure of that in order to prevent things like this happening.

"Callion will know all the love she requires from Jiseth," Zero murmured in defeat. "I have already made peace with the fact that I will only be able to have a passing relationship with her."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 12:01 am

Their hands were still in contact as Leela couldn't help but to think that they were playing out the same argument that they had had in her quarters days earlier. She felt like Zero was a broken comm signal that repeated itself over and over again. Never real making any significant strides. "She deserves more from you and you know it, Zero."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Zero's circular manner of thinking when it came to her own situation was one that had irritated many a person before Leela, but also made certain people proud that they had managed such a feat of psychological programming.

"Yes, she does deserve both of her maternal units, but if I am not capable of bringing a positive light to her life, then it is best that I do not bring anything at all," she replied. "My research into parenting has indicated that even one half of the parental unit malfunctioning will have a profound impact on the development of the child. Even if I were to undo the damage done by Corinth, it is still very possible that I will remain incapable of providing the correct role model for her."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 12:16 am

"Enough!" Leela had hit her end with this circular argument with the augment. It was evident that they were going nowhere very slowly. "You keep making the same illogical arguments over and over again and I am done." Leela grabbed the chip from Zero's hand. Her finger clung to it as she pulled it form her grasp. In one swift motion she placed the chip in the small console that Leela had fashioned. "Computer, begin program.

The room grew dark and Leela waited for Zero's reaction.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 7:49 am

Zero knew that Leela grabbing the chip back was not going to end well and even considered trying to get it back off her, but by then it was too late. She had already plugged it into the computer and activated it.

The lights dimmed and the young Augment took several steps back toward the door, her hands clenching into fists as the fear started to take hold.

"What... exactly have you programmed?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 12:49 am

"Only time will tell Zero."

The darkness slowly faded into light. The light grew brighter as familiar symbol seemed to come into focus on a wall over their heads. The room was plain, by any standards, it lacked décor. The walls were covered in a coat of white. Over their heads was the symbol for Starfleet medical. Written under the symbol were three words.

Primum non nocere.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 11:47 am

The cargo bay changed, just as the holodecks did when a program was set up. Zero swallowed hard, trying to keep herself as composed as possible. Thankfully, it was just a white room with the Starfleet Medical coat of arms and motto.

She frowned slightly, turning to look at Leela. "What is the purpose of bringing me here?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 2:29 pm

"Zero, you'll never break this cycle of dependency unless your willing to face these fears head on." She stepped down a hallway to the pairs left. "This way please." As they stepped through the entryway a pair of doors slid shut behind them. The room quickly went dark. Except for one small light affixed to a chair in the center of the room. "Does this place look familiar. The room was tiny. Only enough room for one person to maneuver around the examination chair in the middle.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2015 7:46 pm

As soon as she stepped into the smaller room, Zero quickly squeezed her eyes shut and clenched her fists as she fought back a rising surge of panic. This wasn't the worst of the punishments that Corinth had put her through, rather one that was intended to put her in an appropriate frame of mind for whatever training sessions Corinth had lined up for her. The worst punishment that he had for her was the small wooden box in the closet of her room, only just big enough for her to crouch on the balls of her feet with her back pressed against the lid.

However, that box wasn't the problem she was facing at that point. It was a small, dark room. Her two cultivated fears in one place and one of the few situations almost guaranteed to send her into a spiral down into panic.

"Please... get me out of here!"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 9:22 pm

Leela hung her head down and stared at the floor for a moment. The terror in Zero's eyes. The Trill couldn't bare to look at her. It was so difficult to watch and the hardest part was that she knew that she was doing it to her. Anything that happened here, Leela was responsible for.

"Zero... I.... I.... Just can't." She stammered. "You have to do it. Its the only way." 

She made eye contact for a moment and then her look quickly shifted back to the white tiles on the floor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]   Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Out of the Shadows... (Part 1) [Kaz/Zero Alpha]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next