Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] Empty
PostSubject: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2015 7:30 pm

[USS Phoenix]

It was as normal a day as it ever got on the Phoenix since they were simply doing a milk run in the Alpha Quadrant.  There was very little variation in which anything could go wrong.  The security and tactical team had taken the opportunity to work out a few kinks in the targeting systems, operations was reorganising the computer's databanks, science and medical were off looking after the cargo they were carting around.

Of course, that meant that Archangel had spent a lot of time in her ready room catching up on the mountain of paperwork that always seemed to build up, no matter how much she tried to keep up with it.  It also meant that she was in her ready room when a communication came through for her just a couple of minutes before she was due to go off duty and return to her quarters to spend time with her family. At first, she was just irritated that this missive would mean that she had to stay over her shift when it had already been a long and boring one, but the contents soon changed that.

Now, nearly an hour after she was supposed to have returned home, she carried a PADD with her as she did just that, looking as if someone had hit her with a shuttlecraft as she stepped through the doors into the set of quarters she shared with Gabriel and their girls.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 4:03 pm

[Quarters]

"Daddy! Arry is being a butt!"

From his seat on the sofa, Gabriel cocked an eyebrow and gave his daughter a considering look. The two children were on the floor, ostensibly coloring together, but it appeared that Aria was having a better time just making random marks on Seika's sheet. The coloring sheets were a special program that he and Archangel had written for their children - a random sampling of child-appropriate designs from every Federation world, printed on replicated paper, so they would never get the same picture twice. Well, it was statistically improbable that they would, at least.

"You know the rule, lil' lady," he said, his tone one of slight admonishment. Seika sighed, crossing her arms as she sat on the floor. "Hydrogen," she said, by way of rote, "is the most abundant el'ment in the known universe. Its 'tomic number is one." This was the rule, at least when Archangel wasn't around - Gabriel would be more lax on the language thing, but only if Seika paid the Word Tax, which meant that she had to state one fact learned in her schooling. She glared at her giggling sister. "And Aria is a butt."

Gabe set his padd down, crossing his arms to mirror Seika's stance. "You only paid for one word. And we do not use that language when talking about members of this family. No ice cream tonight." From her seat on the floor, Aria picked up a green crayon and tossed it at Seika. "Butt!" she repeated, laughing happily. "See what I mean?" Gabriel rhetorically asked, getting off the couch and picking Aria up. "And we do not throw things, either."

Just then, the door opened, and Gabriel quickly wondered how much Archangel had heard. He was sure she wouldn't be on board with the whole 'Word Tax' thing, but the look in her eyes was already a good week at Warp 9's distance away, anyway. "Hey, Angel," he said, by way of greeting. "What's up?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Just then, the door opened, and Gabriel quickly wondered how much Archangel had heard.  He was sure she wouldn't be on board with the whole 'Word Tax' thing, but the look in her eyes was already a good week at Warp 9's distance away, anyway.  "Hey, Angel," he said, by way of greeting.  "What's up?"

Despite everything, there was nothing that could stop the smile from spreading over Archangel's face as she saw her girls' heads popping up from where they were colouring on the carpet. There were some things that just couldn't be sunk under any kind of black cloud.

Soon enough, the weight of the PADD in her hand reminded her of exactly what that black cloud was. Sitting down on the couch next to him, she took a deep breath. "Gabriel, I need to take a day or two's leave on Earth. Something... Something's come up that I wasn't expecting."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 6:19 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Despite everything, there was nothing that could stop the smile from spreading over Archangel's face as she saw her girls' heads popping up from where they were colouring on the carpet.  There were some things that just couldn't be sunk under any kind of black cloud.  

Soon enough, the weight of the PADD in her hand reminded her of exactly what that black cloud was.  Sitting down on the couch next to him, she took a deep breath.  "Gabriel, I need to take a day or two's leave on Earth.  Something... Something's come up that I wasn't expecting."

"Mummy!" Seika squealed, bounding off to hug her mother about the legs, apparently forgetting about her earlier grumpy mood, and incoming lack of ice cream. Aria followed suit, waggling her hands from Gabriel's arms. "Hi Mommy!" she beamed, her rose-colored cheeks happy as usual.

Gabriel was glad to see that his wife had apparently missed the whole 'language' exchange, but his expression soon turned to one of concern. "Earth? Angel, we're not exactly right on the doorstep, here. What's come up?" Gabriel honestly had no idea what could bring Archangel to Earth without him - her mother was a resident of a starbase, and her father...well, if that old bastard stepped foot on Earth, it'd probably be an interstellar incident.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 6:41 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Mummy!" Seika squealed, bounding off to hug her mother about the legs, apparently forgetting about her earlier grumpy mood, and incoming lack of ice cream.  Aria followed suit, waggling her hands from Gabriel's arms.  "Hi Mommy!" she beamed, her rose-colored cheeks happy as usual.  

Gabriel was glad to see that his wife had apparently missed the whole 'language' exchange, but his expression soon turned to one of concern.  "Earth?  Angel, we're not exactly right on the doorstep, here.  What's come up?"  Gabriel honestly had no idea what could bring Archangel to Earth without him - her mother was a resident of a starbase, and her father...well, if that old bastard stepped foot on Earth, it'd probably be an interstellar incident.

Smiling down at Seika, Archangel lifted the little girl to sit on her knee, mirroring her sister on Gabriel's. With her arms wrapped around her eldest, sitting next to the love of her life who was holding their other child, it seemed like she had all the family she needed or wanted.

"Actually, they want you and the girls to come too," she said, nuzzling the top of Seika's black hair. "I got a message from a Chief and Captain Walker. They're... they're my grandparents. They want to see us. You, me and the girls."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2015 7:58 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Smiling down at Seika, Archangel lifted the little girl to sit on her knee, mirroring her sister on Gabriel's.  With her arms wrapped around her eldest, sitting next to the love of her life who was holding their other child, it seemed like she had all the family she needed or wanted.

"Actually, they want you and the girls to come too," she said, nuzzling the top of Seika's black hair.  "I got a message from a Chief and Captain Walker.  They're... they're my grandparents.  They want to see us.  You, me and the girls."

Walker. The very name made Gabriel flinch. It seemed as if thunder should peal in the distance when the woman's name was said. Or horses whinnying. Or something equally melodramatic. His first encounter with Archangel's human mother hadn't gone well at all. The second and last time, the woman had come to Earth, to Gabriel's grandparents' house, and informed a then-pregnant Archangel that she wanted nothing to do with the baby.

That baby was now sitting in Gabriel's lap, squirming because she wanted back down on the floor. He smiled at her, letting the bundle of energy loose. As far as Gabriel's family was concerned, Mary-Claire Walker did not exist. And Gabe was happy for that.

Now...

"I had no clue you had grandparents on Earth," he wondered. "Where do they live? Did they...I mean, did they say what took them so long to get in touch?" He was going to ask if she had proof they were who they said they were, but then he realized the question was probably dumb - Archangel would have performed due diligence before giving the request consideration.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 2:23 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"I had no clue you had grandparents on Earth," he wondered.  "Where do they live?  Did they...I mean, did they say what took them so long to get in touch?"  He was going to ask if she had proof they were who they said they were, but then he realized the question was probably dumb - Archangel would have performed due diligence before giving the request consideration.

"I didn't know either," Archangel replied truthfully. "My mother always told me that I didn't have any other family, but it seems that she was wrong. They exist, and they live in England." With Aria toddling off, Seika was also squirming to be let back down to the floor so that she could get back to her colouring before the intrepid toddler could put any more random streaks of crayon on her drawing. Archangel watched her for a moment, a soft smile playing on her lips.

"My mother never told them I existed, that's why they never got in touch," she murmured. Even though she had tried to move on from it, mainly with the help of Gabriel and his family, she had never truly been able to detach herself from the obvious disinterest Mary-Claire Walker expressed toward her.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2015 9:53 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I didn't know either," Archangel replied truthfully.  "My mother always told me that I didn't have any other family, but it seems that she was wrong.  They exist, and they live in England."  With Aria toddling off, Seika was also squirming to be let back down to the floor so that she could get back to her colouring before the intrepid toddler could put any more random streaks of crayon on her drawing.  Archangel watched her for a moment, a soft smile playing on her lips.  

"My mother never told them I existed, that's why they never got in touch," she murmured.  Even though she had tried to move on from it, mainly with the help of Gabriel and his family, she had never truly been able to detach herself from the obvious disinterest Mary-Claire Walker expressed toward her.

Gabriel let out a soft sigh, reaching over and taking her hand in his. Of course Archangel's mother would have hidden her existence. Why wouldn't she? It was actually pretty low on the list of the vile woman's sins. "England, huh? I don't think I've been to Europe for a few years." Actually, Gabriel remembered the last time he was there, and it had been for a war memorial at the capitol building on the Palais de la Concorde. "How'd they find out about you?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 6:58 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel let out a soft sigh, reaching over and taking her hand in his.  Of course Archangel's mother would have hidden her existence.  Why wouldn't she?  It was actually pretty low on the list of the vile woman's sins.  "England, huh?  I don't think I've been to Europe for a few years."  Actually, Gabriel remembered the last time he was there, and it had been for a war memorial at the capitol building on the Palais de la Concorde.  "How'd they find out about you?"

Looking down at the hand that Gabriel had taken, Archangel managed a smile as she squeezed it gently. "Turns out that my grandfather was an engineer as well and he still keeps up with the happenings. He read an article I did and thought he recognised the image, so he looked up my personnel file. It seems that things just went from there." She was quiet for a moment before asking: "Do you think we should go?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 7:58 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Looking down at the hand that Gabriel had taken, Archangel managed a smile as she squeezed it gently.  "Turns out that my grandfather was an engineer as well and he still keeps up with the happenings.  He read an article I did and thought he recognised the image, so he looked up my personnel file.  It seems that things just went from there."    She was quiet for a moment before asking:  "Do you think we should go?"

Gabriel thought about the interactions Archangel had with his family. They'd accepted her without hesitation, of course, standing in stark contrast to the way his wife's family acted. And that had been the half that wasn't a power-hungry Romulan politician. What if there was a chance that she could have something like he had with his family?

Then again...he still had little reason to trust these people. After all, they had produced her mother.

"I think so, yeah," he nodded. "More importantly...do you think we should?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2015 9:36 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel thought about the interactions Archangel had with his family.  They'd accepted her without hesitation, of course, standing in stark contrast to the way his wife's family acted.  And that had been the half that wasn't a power-hungry Romulan politician.  What if there was a chance that she could have something like he had with his family?

Then again...he still had little reason to trust these people.  After all, they had produced her mother.

"I think so, yeah," he nodded.  "More importantly...do you think we should?"

Looking down at the PADD in her hands, Archangel considered the question. With a quiet sigh, she turned the device on, bringing up the video message that had been sent.

An older couple sat on a sofa in what seemed to be a generic Starfleet office, holding hands with each other and looking nervous. The woman, who was wearing a captain's rank, played nervously with the end of her long, grey plait with one hand while the other squeezed her husband's.

"Captain T'Koris... Archangel... My name is Captain Genevieve Walker, and this is Chief Xavier Walker. I know that your mother hasn't told you about us, and she certainly didn't tell us about you, but... well, we're her parents and therefore... your grandparents. I only found out when I was looking through some old engineering journals and uh... and I thought you looked familiar. I looked up your service record and personnel file. I just wanted to say that... We'd both like you to come by soon, with your young man and the girls, so that we could get to know each other."

"So, that's them," Archangel said quietly. "They sound like they want to get to know us, and not just for the same reason that my mother wanted to meet up."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 7:13 pm

Captain Walker, no less. The woman had at least kept her gold collar, and apparently was engineering captain's rank. Gabriel could easily see the family resemblance, both in the face, and the way the woman fiddled with her hair. That was almost as if someone had made a carbon copy of Archangel.

"Well. They seem nice," he replied, picking Aria back up as she toddled over toward the couch. The little girl held out her hand, touching at the screen. "They went through the trouble to search you out...I think we at least owe it to them to let them see their grandchildren." Smiling, he hoisted Aria up as he stood. "Guess we gotta let the XO know she's running the store for a bit."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2015 8:22 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Captain Walker, no less.  The woman had at least kept her gold collar, and apparently was engineering captain's rank.  Gabriel could easily see the family resemblance, both in the face, and the way the woman fiddled with her hair.  That was almost as if someone had made a carbon copy of Archangel.  

"Well.  They seem nice," he replied, picking Aria back up as she toddled over toward the couch.  The little girl held out her hand, touching at the screen.  "They went through the trouble to search you out...I think we at least owe it to them to let them see their grandchildren."  Smiling, he hoisted Aria up as he stood.  "Guess we gotta let the XO know she's running the store for a bit."

"Yeah, I guess we should find out face to face whether my mother was a freak of nature or actually brought up to be a monster," Archangel agreed quietly. The doubt in her voice quickly gave way to a warm smile as Gabriel picked up their youngest daughter settled her on his hip. It was an image she never got tired of seeing. Their blond-curled little girl cuddled up to her father, an image of domestic bliss that she always treasured it when it happened.

"We're only doing a milk run. I'm sure she can handle the ship for a day or two," she said, getting to her feet and, ignoring Aria's giggles, stole a chaste kiss from Gabriel before planting one on her little girl's forehead. "Let's get the girls to bed, then I'll put the call in. And... e'lev? Thanks for agreeing to help me through this."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 3:42 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Yeah, I guess we should find out face to face whether my mother was a freak of nature or actually brought up to be a monster," Archangel agreed quietly.  The doubt in her voice quickly gave way to a warm smile as Gabriel picked up their youngest daughter settled her on his hip.  It was an image she never got tired of seeing.  Their blond-curled little girl cuddled up to her father, an image of domestic bliss that she always treasured it when it happened.

"We're only doing a milk run.  I'm sure she can handle the ship for a day or two," she said, getting to her feet and, ignoring Aria's giggles, stole a chaste kiss from Gabriel before planting one on her little girl's forehead.  "Let's get the girls to bed, then I'll put the call in.  And... e'lev?  Thanks for agreeing to help me through this."

She's just *a* freak, Gabriel thought, but decided to keep his mouth shut. Arch knew damn well what kind of person her mother was, but still...it didn't do to say such things about her in front of the girls. However much she deserved it.

"You know you don't even have to mention it," he smiled, kissing her back. Seika looked up at them from the floor, making a face and folding her coloring pages away neatly. To the little girl's credit, she never once protested her lack of ice cream. She knew when she did wrong, and Gabriel was proud of her for hat. "Who knows...maybe your grandparents are great cooks. Maybe she even knows how to make cornbread."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 6:30 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
She's just *a* freak, Gabriel thought, but decided to keep his mouth shut.  Arch knew damn well what kind of person her mother was, but still...it didn't do to say such things about her in front of the girls.  However much she deserved it.

"You know you don't even have to mention it," he smiled, kissing her back.  Seika looked up at them from the floor, making a face and folding her coloring pages away neatly.  To the little girl's credit, she never once protested her lack of ice cream.  She knew when she did wrong, and Gabriel was proud of her for hat.  "Who knows...maybe your grandparents are great cooks.  Maybe she even knows how to make cornbread."

"We can always hope," Archangel replied with a smile as she helped Seika clear up the last pages of colouring that the little girl had been doing.  Picking the five-year-old up and balancing her against her hip, the young Romulan kissed her daughter's brow ridges before looking back to Gabriel.  "I'll drop the first officer a line and arrange for a couple of days leave."

[Two days later]

It hadn't taken much convincing to let their eager first officer take over the ship for a couple of days while they borrowed a shuttle to go to Earth.  That meant that the whole family were now in the suburbs of a city in England, waiting at the bottom of the drive where her grandparents apparently resided.

The end of the driveway was also where Archangel was having a crisis of spine and seemed unable to take any steps further toward the door and the answer to the question about whether or not her grandparents were going to be more accepting of her than her mother.  Swallowing hard, she looked to Gabriel, slipping her hand into his and squeezing it.

"Am I doing the right thing?"

Last edited by Archangel T'Koris on Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2015 10:42 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It hadn't taken much convincing to let their eager first officer take over the ship for a couple of days while they borrowed a shuttle to go to Earth.  With the girls in Virginia with Gabriel's grandparents, they were now in the suburbs of a city in England, waiting at the bottom of the drive where her grandparents apparently resided.

The end of the driveway was also where Archangel was having a crisis of spine and seemed unable to take any steps further toward the door and the answer to the question about whether or not her grandparents were going to be more accepting of her than her mother.  Swallowing hard, she looked to Gabriel, slipping her hand into his and squeezing it.

"Am I doing the right thing?"

Gabriel tried to think of the last time he'd been in England, concluding that...well, he probably hadn't. Travel on Earth, at least to major cities and most good-sized towns, was a matter of instantaneous transport now, but he'd somehow managed not to make it to Europe very often. He'd taken in all the sights, both original and re-constructed - that were iconic to the ancient nation as they'd sped on from the city to the outskirts. Perhaps they'd have to come and visit again.

He took another half of a step before realizing that he was walking by himself toward the Walker home. Looking back, Gabriel could read the trepidation in his wife's beautiful face as clear as an old-style newspaper headline. He reached down, slipping his hand into hers, bringing it up to kiss her fingertips. "Of course you are, Angel. You don't need me to answer that for you. If you didn't think so, we wouldn't be here. Let's do this."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 10:11 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
He took another half of a step before realizing that he was walking by himself toward the Walker home.  Looking back, Gabriel could read the trepidation in his wife's beautiful face as clear as an old-style newspaper headline.  He reached down, slipping his hand into hers, bringing it up to kiss her fingertips.  "Of course you are, Angel.  You don't need me to answer that for you.  If you didn't think so, we wouldn't be here.  Let's do this."

Giving Gabriel a slight smile before quickly stealing a kiss, Archangel then bent down to scoop up Aria, who had started to wander off from their side to perch her on her hip.

"Ok, let's do this," she echoed, taking reassurance from him. A branch of her family that she had never known about.

Despite that newfound confidence, her trepidation grew with every step they took along the drive until they were standing at the front door with her finger on the door bell. She hesitated again, trying to summon up the courage to press it. Taking a deep breath, she pressed it and stepped back, hugging Aria close.

It only took a few seconds for the door to be opened by the same woman who had been on the video message. Her face creased into a soft smile, eyes twinkling at the sight of the young family standing on her doorstep.

"Archangel! Gabriel! Please, come in," she said, stepping back and gesturing toward a door into the lounge where Xavier was looking a little nervous.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 7:57 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Giving Gabriel a slight smile before quickly stealing a kiss, Archangel then bent down to scoop up Aria, who had started to wander off from their side to perch her on her hip.  

"Ok, let's do this," she echoed, taking reassurance from him.  A branch of her family that she had never known about.  

Despite that newfound confidence, her trepidation grew with every step they took along the drive until they were standing at the front door with her finger on the door bell.  She hesitated again, trying to summon up the courage to press it.  Taking a deep breath, she pressed it and stepped back, hugging Aria close.

It only took a few seconds for the door to be opened by the same woman who had been on the video message.  Her face creased into a soft smile, eyes twinkling at the sight of the young family standing on her doorstep.

"Archangel!  Gabriel!  Please, come in," she said, stepping back and gesturing toward a door into the lounge where Xavier was looking a little nervous.  

Her heart must be in her mouth right now, Gabriel thought, giving his wife another reassuring smile. He took up Seika's hand in his again, noting that the little girl was rather quiet. She was taking in her surroundings in that manner she had, almost as if weighing everything.

Gabriel nodded politely, smiling slightly. It always amused him when people put their two names together like that. It made him feel as if he should descend on a beam of light, announced by trumpets and heralds. "Sir, ma'am. It's good to meet you. This is Seika," he said, tousling her hair a bit. "And the little blonde lady is Aria."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2015 8:29 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Her heart must be in her mouth right now, Gabriel thought, giving his wife another reassuring smile. He took up Seika's hand in his again, noting that the little girl was rather quiet. She was taking in her surroundings in that manner she had, almost as if weighing everything.

Gabriel nodded politely, smiling slightly. It always amused him when people put their two names together like that. It made him feel as if he should descend on a beam of light, announced by trumpets and heralds. "Sir, ma'am. It's good to meet you. This is Seika," he said, tousling her hair a bit. "And the little blonde lady is Aria."

Archangel actually let out a slight breath of relief as she realised just how different her grandparents' manner was to her mother's. They seemed warmer, more welcoming. Even the way Genevieve and Xavier were looking at their grandchildren seemed to be a polar opposite.

"Oh, don't bother with the sirs and ma'ams," Genevieve good-naturedly chided Gabriel before she looked down at Seika. "Hello there, sweetheart, you look like a smart young lady!"

Xavier smiled slightly at the sight of his wife being effusive with her great-grandchildren, knowing that both of them had always looked forward to the day that they might have grandchildren. The fact that they now knew that they not only had grandchildren, but great-grandchildren as well made it all the more special. Looking to the two adults, he gestured to the couches. "Please, take a seat. Can I get anyone refreshments?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 02, 2015 8:59 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel actually let out a slight breath of relief as she realised just how different her grandparents' manner was to her mother's.  They seemed warmer, more welcoming.  Even the way Genevieve and Xavier were looking at their grandchildren seemed to be a polar opposite.

"Oh, don't bother with the sirs and ma'ams," Genevieve good-naturedly chided Gabriel before she looked down at Seika.  "Hello there, sweetheart, you look like a smart young lady!"

Xavier smiled slightly at the sight of his wife being effusive with her great-grandchildren, knowing that both of them had always looked forward to the day that they might have grandchildren.  The fact that they now knew that they not only had grandchildren, but great-grandchildren as well made it all the more special.  Looking to the two adults, he gestured to the couches.  "Please, take a seat.  Can I get anyone refreshments?"

"I'm Seika," the little girl said, smiling at the older couple. "I'm five. My sister Aria is a baby, but she's okay." Aria held out her hand, two tiny fingers poking up. "I'm two!" she beamed. Gabriel was glad to see that the children, at least, were feeling comfortable in the presence of these relative strangers. He supposed that he had no real reason not to let his guard down in front of them, either. So far, they'd been nothing but accommodating.

Gabriel sat on the couch, taking Aria with him. "Tea, if you've got it. Doesn't matter what kind...thank you." It felt like he should add something more. "This is a very nice home you have."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 6:51 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"I'm Seika," the little girl said, smiling at the older couple.  "I'm five.  My sister Aria is a baby, but she's okay."  Aria held out her hand, two tiny fingers poking up.  "I'm two!" she beamed.  Gabriel was glad to see that the children, at least, were feeling comfortable in the presence of these relative strangers.  He supposed that he had no real reason not to let his guard down in front of them, either.  So far, they'd been nothing but accommodating.  

Gabriel sat on the couch, taking Aria with him.  "Tea, if you've got it.  Doesn't matter what kind...thank you."  It felt like he should add something more.  "This is a very nice home you have."

Sitting on the couch next to Gabriel, Genevieve picked up Seika and perched the little girl on her knee, smiling warmly at her. Archangel took a seat on Gabriel's other side, clasping her hands in her lap. Even when Xavier came back with a tray of cups and a teapot, the tension was still there. He poured the tea, quietly asking how everyone took it before handing out the cups. He had even thought to bring through glasses of juice for the girls and a plate of cookies.

"Thank you, young man," Genevieve replied with a wide smile before it faded slightly and she decided to address the elephant in the room. "I know this is all a little strange, but I'd like to say that we're proud of you both."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 8:38 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Sitting on the couch next to Gabriel, Genevieve picked up Seika and perched the little girl on her knee, smiling warmly at her.  Archangel took a seat on Gabriel's other side, clasping her hands in her lap.  Even when Xavier came back with a tray of cups and a teapot, the tension was still there.  He poured the tea, quietly asking how everyone took it before handing out the cups.  He had even thought to bring through glasses of juice for the girls and a plate of cookies.

"Thank you, young man," Genevieve replied with a wide smile before it faded slightly and she decided to address the elephant in the room.  "I know this is all a little strange, but I'd like to say that we're proud of you both."

Gabe took up a cup of tea, going without any sort of sweetener. He always preferred his tea hot and without extra flavor. He took a polite sip, and then set the cup down, reaching over to take Archangel's hand in his own. Not to be outdone, Aria clambered over to the other couch, sitting next to her new grandparents and sister, giggling the whole time.

"Archangel tells me you're an engineering captain," he said, smiling at the baby. "I worked with one during my SCE stint, USS Yeager. Back when I first joined Starfleet...we were on task building a starbase." Unfortunately, the Starbase Magellan had been ravaged by the Dominion and declared a total loss. But that wasn't exactly polite tea conversation.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 10:26 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabe took up a cup of tea, going without any sort of sweetener.  He always preferred his tea hot and without extra flavor.  He took a polite sip, and then set the cup down, reaching over to take Archangel's hand in his own.  Not to be outdone, Aria clambered over to the other couch, sitting next to her new grandparents and sister, giggling the whole time.

"Archangel tells me you're an engineering captain," he said, smiling at the baby.  "I worked with one during my SCE stint, USS Yeager.  Back when I first joined Starfleet...we were on task building a starbase."  Unfortunately, the Starbase Magellan had been ravaged by the Dominion and declared a total loss.  But that wasn't exactly polite tea conversation.

Xavier smiled at Aria, giving her a sippy cup of juice before tousling her blond curls. Apparently he was just as vulnerable to the adorable little girl's charms as her parents were, or most people who met her.

"Technically, I'm retired now, but I still consult for Starfleet on occasion," Genevieve replied with a smile. "I heard about the Magellan project. It must have been very interesting to get right into the bowels of a station like that! I did quite a bit of work on the shipyards, but never on a station. I understand you've both done quite the tour of duty in Starfleet already? Certainly your personnel files are impressive."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 1:35 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Xavier smiled at Aria, giving her a sippy cup of juice before tousling her blond curls.  Apparently he was just as vulnerable to the adorable little girl's charms as her parents were, or most people who met her.

"Technically, I'm retired now, but I still consult for Starfleet on occasion," Genevieve replied with a smile.  "I heard about the Magellan project.  It must have been very interesting to get right into the bowels of a station like that!  I did quite a bit of work on the shipyards, but never on a station.  I understand you've both done quite the tour of duty in Starfleet already?  Certainly your personnel files are impressive."

Gabe was already duly impressed at the grasp of their careers that the couple seemed to have. Apparently, they'd done their research. He did his best to silence the paranoid voice in the back of his head that wondered how they'd found out so much about his family. After all...a Romulan starship captain, even half-Romulan, was a matter of great public interest.

"You might know my mom, then. Ariadne Arthur," he nodded. "She's mostly retired, too, but she worked at the shipyards on Proxima Centauri for years." Gabriel looked over at his wife, giving her another reassuring squeeze to the hand. She'd been rather quiet.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 04, 2015 1:58 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabe was already duly impressed at the grasp of their careers that the couple seemed to have.  Apparently, they'd done their research.  He did his best to silence the paranoid voice in the back of his head that wondered how they'd found out so much about his family.  After all...a Romulan starship captain, even half-Romulan, was a matter of great public interest.

"You might know my mom, then.  Ariadne Arthur," he nodded.  "She's mostly retired, too, but she worked at the shipyards on Proxima Centauri for years."  Gabriel looked over at his wife, giving her another reassuring squeeze to the hand.  She'd been rather quiet.

"Yes, I believe we crossed paths a couple of times," Genevieve replied with a smile. "Quite the woman, your mother."

Xavier had also noticed the silence still emanating from Archangel and he turned his attention to her. "Archangel, I know that it's probably quite a shock, finding out that you have family. I don't know why your mother never told you about us, or why she never told us about you. Admittedly, we don't hear from her very often since... well, since she left for the Academy, to be honest."

"It's... it's ok," Archangel replied quietly. "She didn't tell many people about me. I'm pretty much the family secret."

"Oh."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]   Not All News is Bad News  [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not All News is Bad News [Gabriel/Archangel]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next