Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Gaining Footing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 6:28 pm

[Sickbay]

Buris woke up aboard the Phoenix and jumped, before coming back to himself and realizing where he was. Walking over to his desk and terminal, he started going over Ops reports and found an alert that annoyed him. Apparently, somewhere along the line, either his med records had gotten lost, or this doctor just wanted to give him a once-over. That would be fine. After all, there'd been no question about getting the ned team to the Shuttlebay when helped to bring the Away team back safely. Thank goodness for the Runabout.

So he pulled on a clean uniform and walked down to Sickbay, entering and looking around. It seemed everything was pretty much textbook perfect. He looked for someone to speak to and when he finally caught someone, he seemed calm. "Ensign Kejal, I'm the new Ops officer. I'm here for my physical."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Kintiss hadn't been up long. He'd been getting a good night's sleep for once in what seemed like a lifetime, and yet he still woke up with a craving for a Raktajino. After a quick breakfast, he'd arrived in Sickbay just in time for his shift and looked over his schedule. Maintenance on that one biobed that never worked properly, figuring out a proper antidote to some exotic alien poison, and a few crew physicals. At least he wouldn't be bored.

Speak of the devil, here was a crewman now. According to the medical records, this was Ensign Kejal, a fact that was confirmed by the Ensign a moment later.

"Good," he replied. "We've been expecting you. I'm Doctor Kintisssss. Why don't you take a sssseat on a biobed and I'll be with you in a moment."
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 2:24 am

Buris looked at the Selay doctor, raising an eyebrow before responding. "Not a problem. And, uh... Kintis... Kintiss... right. So, um, pardon me for asking this, but, what really happened down there on the planet? Obviously I've seen the public reports, and I spoke to Ensign M'Rai while it was happening, but... how did everything go so far off-kilter for you all? Um, sir."

He honestly was a little confused by it all - because it seemed that one crewman just falling down a hole had started the whole thing off on the wrong foot - and it'd gone downhill from there.

But he sat on the biobed, watching the being closely.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 12:16 pm

"Hard to sssay," Kintiss said as he retrieved a medical tricorder and the Ensign's medical file. "We were on the planet, and the Vulcanoidsss on the away team ssstarted having headachesss. Turned out sssomething wasss trying to contact them telepathically. Then Lieutenant Van Gelder fell down a hole, and we were attacked by a sssshadow entity." He didn't fully understand it himself.

"When wasss your lassst physssical?" he asked as he gave Kejal a once-over with the medical tricorder.
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2015 8:46 pm

Buris looked at Kintiss and thought for a moment. "Aboard the Bellerophon, about three months before my transfer date, actually. If it got lost, I don't know why, the Doctor and I made sure that everything got sent properly. Of course, the whole thing with Voyager coming home really threw everything off-kilter."

The lizard-man was a bit lost to what had happened himself, but that wasn't a surprise. "Well, we found out up here that the shadow-things were called, well, parasites. And supposedly, the whole planet was supposed to be their equivalent to Memory Alpha, but these parasite things really messed things up. I hope someone gets over there to save the data."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 8:03 am

"We didn't get your proper medical file, but I found a backup copy," Kintiss said, pointing to the PADD. "It'sss a little out-of-date, though. Ssstill sssayssss you're on the Bellerophon. I'm working to update it with your transssfer detailsss."

It turned out Ensign Kejal knew things about the mission that he didn't. It gave Kintiss a little more comprehension of the bigger picture. "We have talesss of sssimilar creaturessss on Ssselay. Predatorsss of the dark that sssnatch unwary travellersss from the sssshadows." Of course, those were only folk tales designed to warn his people not to travel the deserts at night.

"You ssseem to be in good physssical health," he said as he looked at the medical tricorder. "Have you been ill or injured sssince your previousss physssical?
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2015 11:47 pm

Buris raised an eyebrow, thinking for a moment. How those reports got anywhere but where they were supposed to be eluded him; but for the moment he didn't have a hope of figuring it out. He shook his head at the doctor's question about his health. "No... well, I guess. I don't think it really counts, because it's no big deal, but you'll be at me if you see it when you scan. I dislocated my shoulder again - but I popped it back into place before I even went down to Sickbay. Right before she got reassigned to U-P, they sent us a dilithium alignment schematic that apparently had increased Voyager's crystal lifespan. All it did for the Bellerophon was throw our Cochrane field outta whack thanks to misalignment of the antimatter flow. I'm going to guess that they had a flawed crystal or something because they were out there for so long; or they swapped a shuttle crystal in. But I'm boring you, so... long story short, if you know the design of an Intrepid, there's a control ring around the warp core, and four pillar supports? Well, when the inertial dampeners didn't compensate properly and gravity went a little weird, I actually went up into the air, came down on the control ring with my shoulder, and then got bounced back onto a control pillar. All things being equal, it could have been much worse than a dislocated shoulder and some bruises - two of my Ops officers and an Engineer ended up with concussions, from having been in the Jeffries tubes. It's a good thing I didn't have anyone directly monitoring the EPS taps. Once I got us up and running again, I went to Sickbay and was given a clean bill of health."

He shrugged lightly, obviously not impeded by that injury - or the many others which the Selay might note on his record - most of them prior to his joining the Fleet. "And we all have those stories, Doctor. They're nothing but fantasies, most of the time - ones made to control and delude innocent minds. But those things... I'm just very glad they didn't get to the computer cores or get a chance in the dilithium crystal chamber."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2015 11:22 am

"Dissslocated sssshoulder," Kintiss perused Kejal's medical file for mention of the injury. There was nothing about it in the file. He made a note to update it when they were done here. "Well, it ssseemsss to have healed perfectly. All your vitalssss are within acceptable parameterssss."

"Do you get enough ssssleep and exercissse?" he asked. Admittedly, these questions were more appropriate for a counselor to be asking, but it could sometimes manifest adverse physical symptoms in a patient.
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2015 6:26 am

Buris raised an eyebrow at the Selay doctor's question about his sleep and exercise patterns, and shrugged lightly in response.  "Enough for me.  You'd likely say that it's too much exercise and too little sleep, but you'd agree with every doctor in the Fleet.  But it's worked for me so far."

He nodded lightly at the assessment of his shoulder's healing.  "Well, since I popped it back into joint on the way back to Sickbay since I was helping carry an officer and get damage reports, I'd hope it wasn't that bad."

Of course it had hurt, but at the time, he was worried that there were two people laying in a Jeffries tube, dead.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 4:56 pm

"Okay," Kintiss replied as he made a few notes on a PADD. They weren't anything too important, just some notes to go in the Ensign's medical file for future reference. "Well, don't worry. It'sss completely ressstored." In fact, he wouldn't have known it had ever been dislocated in the first place. Ensign Kejal was in fairly good health.

"All the sssame, I'd sssuggessst trying to balance your work and resssst a little better," he said as he got another Raktajino from the replicator. "Otherwissse, I think that concludesss your physsssical. I'll log my findingsss in your medical file. You're doing very well, ssso keep it up." It was the best advice he could give at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gaining Footing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaining Footing   Gaining Footing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaining Footing
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: USS Phoenix :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: