Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:45 pm

Zero nodded in acknowledgement to the Trill as she took the bottle, shifting Callion's position in her arms slightly before presenting the bottle to her. The infant quickly latched on, gulping it down hungrily.

"If her developmental pattern follows a pattern similar to my own, she will require nourishment at more frequent intervals than is considered to be normal for a human child," Zero murmured, almost as if she was thinking aloud as she watched her baby suckle. "Her growth will be accelerated for the first year or so and she will require feeding in order to provide her with all the necessary nutrients to fuel such growth."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 11:31 am

Leela looked down to the infant. "Well it takes a lot of energy to grow up like you mommy." The trill stated in her best baby talk.

"What do you say we get back to your quarters and get all of this set up?" She added.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 12:37 pm

Zero raised one pale eyebrow as Leela employed what she considered to be a rather offensively over-simplified voice with her daughter. As far as she was concerned, there was no need to do such a thing in order for Callion to understand, or at least it wouldn't take long before she was capable of recognising words.

"Perhaps it would be best not to speak to Callion in such a manner," she pointed out. "She is more intelligent than you may expect of a child her age." She then nodded in agreement at the suggestion to return to her quarters. "Yes, I believe we have plenty of supplies for the time being."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 8:55 pm

Leela through her hands up in the air as if she had just been caught in the commission of a crime. "Alright alright, I promise. No more baby talk." Her eyes rolled slightly and the entire statement was slightly exaggerated. After her comment she clasped her two wrists together and made a slight bow, it was a Ferengi custom of submission that she picked up a lifetime or two ago. It was always a good way to remove her foot form her mouth, when necessary. Which was far more often then she cared to admit.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 11:34 pm

Zero frowned slightly in confusion at the strange gesture, recognising it as something from Ferengi custom from the cultural database she was so used to perusing. Shrugging it off, she turned and left the replicator bay, heading back to her quarters.

Once there, Zero realised just how much stuff had been replicated for Callion. It seemed that a mountain had been constructed in the middle of her immaculately kept quarters. She stood and stared at it, eyes wide.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 1:10 am

Leela smiled as they stepped into Zero's quarters and a look of disbelief filled her face. "Wow, maybe we went a little overboard Zero?" She remembered being a first time parent. The urge to get everything for your kids was a powerful one. "Look at all of those stuffed animals. Its like a mountain in the middle of your quarters. Perhaps we should arrange everything in a way you prefer?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:02 pm

Zero nodded quietly at she continued to stare at the sheer amount of equipement, toys, clothing and other paraphernalia that had been transported to her quarters. Even Ghost was just sitting in his basket, looking at her with a faintly confused expression on his canine features. With a quiet sigh, she went to clear out the lab that had been set up while Callion was in vitro so that she could transform it into a nursery.

[Just over a week later - After Nowhere to Run]

The young Augment finally returned to her quarters, desperate to make sure that Callion was alright after their impromptu trip through the conduit. After giving Ghost a quick scratch behind the ears, she leaned over the crib to see the infant awake, cooing at the sight of her mother. Zero relaxed slightly, picking her daughter up and giving her a cuddle. It had been nerve wracking, being stuck in sickbay during the crisis and knowing that Callion was in her quarters, albeit with seven different kinds of sensors all hooked up to the tricorder in Zero's belt.

She glanced at the picture frame on the little table next to the crib, at the image Jiseth had taken on their first time out together. She had a slightly bemused expression on her face as Jiseth kissed her cheek. Of course, Starfleet Medical had had to ruin that moment by taking her back to San Francisco, but she tried not to think about that.

Taking a bottle out of the warmer, Zero carried her daughter back through to the lounge so that she could sit on the couch to feed the baby. Ghost gave a quiet woof, jumping up next to her and curling up.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:53 pm

Leela wanted to take a moment to ensure that Zero and Callion were safe following the trip through the conduit. She feared that Carillon could be afraid or worse, injured. She approached the door and rang the bell on the door.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:58 pm

Something stirred in Jiseth. She could not put her finger on it, but it was somewhat soothing compared to the stark and frigid feeling in her chest at the sight of her daughter. If this was the reason she had been returned to the Phoenix... The Romulan did not know how to process that. Part of it was every bit of training and conditioning requiring her to remain motionless as she sat curled up in the windowsill of the viewport.

Her personal cloaking device was functioning quite well, though she knew Ghost could smell her and there were minute distortions apparent on the floor where her shadow would be. It clicked in the Romulan's head suddenly then. Fear. The base emotion for all of her kind. It is why any of them did anything. Why so much effort was put forth to maintain superiority or some perceived advantage. Even in the comfort of their own homes.

Seeing Zero with their picture, however, she knew the Augment was doing more than just go through the motions. Otherwise the trinket would have been removed a long time ago. Aside from all their odds and ends for Callion, little had changed since her departure. Still, she kept the cloak running while making sure to eye the clock to see how long she had until the capacitors ran out.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 2:16 pm

Callion gulped at the bottle, mother and daughter completely unaware that there could be anyone else in the quarters. Ghost, recognising Jiseth's scent as a familiar one without any threat, was more interested in making sure that Zero remembered to feed him once she was finished with Callion.

Looking up at the door chime and reasoning that it was probably Leela checking up on her, she called out to the computer to let her in.

"Hello Leela. Callion appears undisturbed by our voyage."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Leela walked in the room and saw Zero cradling the infant. She tilted her head slightly and approached the pair. "I'm glad to hear the smallest member of our crew weathered the storm without incident. And how about her mom? How are you handling this Zero?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 2:59 pm

Ghost lifted his head to give a quiet 'wuff' as Leela walked in, but then went back to his snoozing. Zero managed a slight smile. How was she handling things? Barely was probably the best response to that, but it wasn't the one that she was going to give.

"There is much literature on the subject of raising a child with only one parent, but it does not adequately prepare one for the experience in itself. I am attempting to include Jiseth in her life through images and recordings of her voice, but they are no substitute for Jiseth herself."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 3:36 pm

Jiseth clenched the cloaking device with one hand and her mouth in the other, making sure it remained shut in case her jaw muscles failed. It took great effort to keep her breathing slow and even. Though her eyes were wide open, the tears were flowing out and dabbing onto the carpet floor in small, darkened spots on the floor.

T'Mir had been a good proxy for the cold logic of an Augment. Testing possible ways to interact and communicate only went so far since Zero had emotional responses that T'Mir could not replicate. Bouncing ideas of her always lead to the same conclusion: it was going to be trial by error. That compounded with the desire to be perfect for their daughter made all of it seem impossible.

Yet among all the internal calculations, all the potential outcomes, Zero wanted Callion to know her other mother. It tore Jiseth up inside. Mostly in a good way. Guilt always seemed to sneak in, however. Swallowing dryness, she tentatively loosened her grip over her own mouth to let a few barely audible words escape.

"I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 4:12 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Ghost lifted his head to give a quiet 'wuff' as Leela walked in, but then went back to his snoozing.  Zero managed a slight smile.  How was she handling things?  Barely was probably the best response to that, but it wasn't the one that she was going to give.  

"There is much literature on the subject of raising a child with only one parent, but it does not adequately prepare one for the experience in itself.  I am attempting to include Jiseth in her life through images and recordings of her voice, but they are no substitute for Jiseth herself."

"I know Zero, I know." The trill walked up and place a single hand on Zero's shoulder. She was obviously struggling doing this alone, without the support of Jiseth. "I know its probably little comfort, but you're doing a great job." She let her hand linger on Zero's shoulder, a moment of silence seemed to say more than thousands of words. Leela could sense Zero's pain and fear. She wanted to help, but this wasn't the time for that. This time, Zero would have to do it on her own.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 2:55 pm

As much as Zero wanted to shrug off the hand on her shoulder, doing so would jostle Callion and that was unacceptable.  Instead, she glared at it for a moment in the hope that Leela would get the message.  

'Doing a great job'.  The idea was laughable.  Had it not been for her ability to survive on less sleep than the average human, she would likely have already succumbed to the pressure.  Callion was proving to be highly adept in the task of keeping her up throughout the sleep shift.  Even Ghost had started to shun his basket and the foot of the bed for sleeping under the bed.

Jiseth wrote:
"I'm sorry."

Before she could say anything in response to Leela, Zero's head shot up, scanning the room, searching for something.  Could she have heard it?  Could she have just been imagining it?  Ghost had also lifted his head, but more because Zero had stirred.  She almost didn't dare hope that it hadn't been all in her mind.

"Jiseth?" she asked quietly, hoping that someone might reply.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 3:27 pm

"...Yeah."

Eyeing the clock again, Jiseth noticed she was running out of time and one way or the other she would be visible soon enough. The distortions on the floor became more apparent, like waves of the ocean churning around. Likewise a ghostly form slowly began to appear in the windowsill as the device was losing power. She shifted around and set her feet on the floor with both hands now clamped onto the edge of where she sat.

"Is she healthy?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 6:05 pm

Zero got to her feet, turning to look at the figure starting to become visible in the viewport. Her eyes were telling her that it was Jiseth, but her mind told her that it couldn't be possible. Although she didn't believe in ghosts, the semi-transparent form was causing her to doubt herself.

She swallowed hard, looking down at the tiny infant in her arms as Jiseth asked about her. "As far as can be expected, our daughter is healthy," she replied in a quiet voice. "I was forced to remove her from the chamber a month before her predicted optimal growth, but she has shown little in the way of ill effects." Looking up at Jiseth again, she offered the Romulan a small smile. "She appears to have inherited your appetite."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 5:24 pm

The swirling distortions appeared to move and the figure stood as well. Amid the waves was a featureless form that was a semi-transparent grey. A ghost. A specter. A dead woman coming back to haunt her loved ones. Jiseth was still as disconnected being in a familiar place as she was nearly a whole quadrant away. Time had always been her enemy. It flowed onward whether she could or not.

She took several steps toward the Augment and extended her arm. Her fingertips barely touched the minute ridges on the infant's forehead. They were so soft. Something she had not felt since the last of her siblings were this young. A slight gasp came from the Romulan who was becoming darker and more opaque though still not quite solid yet.

"...I'm scared, Zero."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 7:47 pm

Seeing Jiseth reach out and touch her daughter was something that she had been longing for ever since Callion's birth and it was almost a little difficult to believe that it was actually happening now. Zero could actually feel tears gathering her eyes.

"As am I," she admitted quietly. "When the alarms sounded to signal the failure of her chamber, I feared that I would lose her and with her, any remaining connection I had to you."

As if suddenly remembering that she was not alone with Jiseth and Callion, she turned slightly to Leela. "Jiseth, this is Ensign Leela Kaz, the latest handler from Starfleet Medical."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2015 11:38 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
As if suddenly remembering that she was not alone with Jiseth and Callion, she turned slightly to Leela. "Jiseth, this is Ensign Leela Kaz, the latest handler from Starfleet Medical."

Given the history between Leela and Jiseth, Leela took a slight step back from the small family. She suddenly felt as if she was an outsider. That feeling seemed to drift away as Zero seemed to recall that the Trill was still in the room. Her lips pursed slightly. Her memories of Jiseth were not fond ones. It wasn't all that long ago that she accused Leela of kidnapping along with a series of other false accusations. "We've met, Zero." She gave a slight not in the Romulans direction. "Lieutenant."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 11:34 am

"Ensign... I trust you'll keep this child out of our little game, yes?"

There was no need to divert attention away from Callion. There was not even the slightest desire for conflict. The word handler drew a slight tug of her lips in a humorless grin which quickly faded. Such absurd measures on someone who was powerless. Tortured even. The Romulan had seen things that made her want to rip the uniform off anyone who was complicit with Medical. For the moment, that could wait. Wrath was not what she wanted her daughter to remember her by as she leaned in and kissed her tiny forehead.

"Mommy's home..."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 3:01 pm

Zero wasn't even aware of the slight tension that seemed to be coming from Leela. She wasn't good at picking up on that kind of thing under normal circumstances and having Jiseth this close to her, leaning over Callion, she didn't want to pay attention to anything else.

Callion opened her bright green eyes, starting to coo quietly. Zero had been quite surprised at how quiet a baby she was, but put it down to the mix of genetics she had received. Taking a deep breath, Zero held the little girl out slightly to Jiseth.

"Hold her," she said in a quiet voice. Doing such a thing was an immense show of trust for the young Augment, who had been guarding the baby ferociously since her birth, unwilling to let anyone hold her for more than a couple of minutes.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Jiseth wrote:
"Ensign... I trust you'll keep this child out of our little game, yes?"

There was no need to divert attention away from Callion. There was not even the slightest desire for conflict. The word handler drew a slight tug of her lips in a humorless grin which quickly faded. Such absurd measures on someone who was powerless. Tortured even. The Romulan had seen things that made her want to rip the uniform off anyone who was complicit with Medical. For the moment, that could wait. Wrath was not what she wanted her daughter to remember her by as she leaned in and kissed her tiny forehead.

"Mommy's home..."

"Lieutenant." Leela took an immediate aggressive posture and then quickly backed down realizing that now was not the time.

"Let me make myself clear. I would never do anything to jeopardize this child or Zero." While Jiseth had been away the Trill had been working with Zero extensively and she resented the treatment that she consistently received from the Romulan. It was clear to Leela that she didn't understand what she was trying to accomplish.
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 9:51 am

Jiseth was unsure if it a command or request, but all the same she slid her hands around Callion. Just in time too as the cloak finally failed. There was a final wave of distortions and she appeared there standing in front of Zero.

Gingerly she took hold of her daughter and the Romulan found herself in two states of mind though both joyful. It was as if the two very different personas she had adopted, one for the dirty work that never left outside a small number of select individuals and one for the everything at home she tried to show to appeal to Zero, were now knitted together if but for the moment.

"You share your predecessor's flaw in that you think you can control any outcome, Ensign."

It was for only that moment she let herself enjoy the thought of Corinth and anyone else who aided him finding thallium in their commbadges. She grew suddenly quiet and her expression changed to horror. This was not the person who deserved a child. Not someone who had these dark thoughts. Desperately however, she wanted to be both: a mother of Callion and the embodiment of Zero's dormant rage. With those tiny green eyes staring up at her, the choice became quite obvious.

"I'm sorry, little one... I shouldn't bring work home with me. I promise it will never happen again."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 10:00 pm

Jiseth wrote:
Jiseth was unsure if it a command or request, but all the same she slid her hands around Callion. Just in time too as the cloak finally failed. There was a final wave of distortions and she appeared there standing in front of Zero.

Gingerly she took hold of her daughter and the Romulan found herself in two states of mind though both joyful. It was as if the two very different personas she had adopted, one for the dirty work that never left outside a small number of select individuals and one for the everything at home she tried to show to appeal to Zero, were now knitted together if but for the moment.

"You share your predecessor's flaw in that you think you can control any outcome, Ensign."

It was for only that moment she let herself enjoy the thought of Corinth and anyone else who aided him finding thallium in their commbadges. She grew suddenly quiet and her expression changed to horror. This was not the person who deserved a child. Not someone who had these dark thoughts. Desperately however, she wanted to be both: a mother of Callion and the embodiment of Zero's dormant rage. With those tiny green eyes staring up at her, the choice became quite obvious.

"I'm sorry, little one... I shouldn't bring work home with me. I promise it will never happen again."

Leela stepped closer to the Romulan and the infant. She cocked her head slightly observing the interaction between the pair. It was a beautiful sight to see the pair united for the first time. At the same time, she was enraged. She felt that Jiseth was making the assumption that she didn't have Zero's best interest at heart.

"We can have that discussion soon, Lieutenant, for now you should spend time with your new family. But we will have this discussion."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]   ...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha] - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

...And Into the Light (Part 2) [Leela Kaz/Zero Alpha]
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next