Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 3:01 pm

John sighed and this time moved the glass well out of her reach now that she had downed its contents. There would be no refills this time, he would make sure of that. However, his attention was diverted by the arrival of his daughter and the interactions between her and the Ferengi. Certainly interesting...

Rachel's face took on a faintly harder cast as Rama spoke to her, especially since he continued to insist on the use of her first name rather than her last. He was an irritant, a thorn in her side, but unfortunately he was useful on the Promenade, keeping things lively.

"No, thank you," she replied. "I am still on duty."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 3:07 pm

"If you insist Admiral Rachel. But I must tell you. I believe the crew would benefit greatly from a leader who let her hair down occasionally. Its only one drink, look at your colleagues here. They know how to have a good time." He gestured towards John and Leela.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 3:22 pm

Rachel's expression didn't change beyond one eyebrow rising slightly from behind her VISOR. "I would assume that my colleagues are neither on duty nor commanding officers of a starbase." She turned her head to incline it to the two humanoids sitting at the table. "Ensign. Father. I trust that Rama is not making a nuisance of himself?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 4:29 pm

"No, no, no. Not at all." Leela smiled to Rachel. "Hes quite a fun host." She gave a slight crooked smile and a nod towards the Ferengi. "Admiral, please join us." Leela said gesturing towards an empty chair at the table. "Our conversation may be of some interest to you. We have been discussing Romulan reunification, among other things."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 4:38 pm

Rachel seemed to consider the offer for a moment. She had been about to refuse when John spoke up, giving his daughter a brief smile.

"Come on, Princess, I don't often get to spend time with you now that you're an Admiral," he told her. An embarrassed flush crossed her cheeks at the use of a childhood nickname and she slipped into a seat, primly crossing her legs and folding her hands in her lap.
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 6:03 pm

"Princess!" Rama doubled over in laughter at the notion of someone calling the Admiral Princess. "Man oh man, have you gotten the wrong idea there." The laughter quickly quelled when he suddenly realized no one was laughing. He quickly grabbed a glass of water and set it in front of RRachel. "So you were discussing reunification? Those Romulans are a peculiar bunch." He said in an effort to change the subject and worm his way into the conversation.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Rachel glared flatly at the Ferengi as he laughed at her childhood nickname, then at her father who was trying to hide his own smile in a sip of his drink. Such things leaking out in to the public domain could prove disastrous for discipline aboard the station.

"Indeed, although one of the ships assigned to Aurora happens to be the one with the most Romulans on board, including the captain," she replied.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:21 pm

Leela flashed her eyes to the Ferengi, she appreciated what he was doing but unfortunately the Deacons seemed to lack her sense of humor. "I think the hard part is not the civilians but getting the governments to cooperate. The Romulan government is notoriously difficult to work with... at least that's how I remember it."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:26 pm

"Not much has changed," John replied, shaking his head in amusement. "Vulcanoids of all species seem to be very slow to change their ways, but at least we have that bridge to them now, access to two of the higher ups in the Romulan government on a personal level."

Although she wasn't showing it in any flamboyant manner, Rachel was actually uncomfortable discussing diplomatic matters with her father, but she didn't have much of a choice without appearing rude.

"Father, that may be so, but you often forget that our bridge is a living being and one of my officers," she reminded him.
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:34 pm

Rama smiled as he continued to listen to the conversations. "Romulans and Vulcan. Neither one are particularly good for business." He chuckled. "They aren't much for holosuites or alcohol." The Ferengi quieted as he seemed to get glares from around the table. "What! Just an observation of a businessman. No one has ever gotten rich running a bar for Romulans or Vulcans?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:43 pm

John shrugged one shoulder in response to Rama's comment. "The Romulans and Vulcans have their own means of entertainment, although I have found that they have their own specific tastes in alcohol, not to mention the fact that there are substances other than alcohol that have the same effects on Vulcanoids as Romulan ale or Vulcan brandy have on us."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2016 10:45 pm

Leela smiled to John, knowing all to well that he was right. "I can definitely attest to that." She commented glancing over to the empty glass. She paused for a moment and looked over to Admiral Deacon. "What's your take on all of this, Admiral, certainly you have developed your own opinion."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 7:47 am

Rachel turned her head to look at Leela, considering her question. "That depends on which area of the conversation you're referring to," she replied evenly. John shook his head in amusement, taking a sip of his drink.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 6:58 pm

"Reunification." Leela said slightly bewildered. She knew that Rachel had a tendency to over analyze but she wasn't certain if it was that or if she was simply avoiding the issue. "It's a hot topic in the diplomatic circle. Causing a lot of strife on Vilcan. Romulans are beginning to attempt assimilation into Vulcan society. What are your thoughts.... Sir?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 7:09 pm

Rachel stiffened slightly at the thought of sharing her views on a diplomatic issue. It was an area she had never wanted to get into and yet constantly found herself dragged back to.

"I have no particular stance on the issue," she replied evenly. "It's not my area of expertise nor of of interest."

John sighed quietly, burying the urge to shake his head by taking another sip of his drink. Rachel apparently caught the quiet exhalation of air, her posture stiffening.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 4:35 am

At this point in the encounter the Trill was sufficiently drunk for a certain amount of typical protocol to fly out the nearest airlock. "Come now..." She paused. "Sir..." She added with a brief hesitation. "Affairs of state are your business whether you embrace it or not. Sure ky you have at least pondered the issue. I know you didn't sign up to be a diplomat... But with your position you are one, whether you admit it or not." Leela found herself wondering when she stopped being a little girl and became a wise old man. She figured it happened somewhere around the third or fourth drink. It usually didn't take to much alcjohol for Juval to emerge from the noise.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 11:53 am

The eyebrow rose above the edge of her VISOR once again as Rachel listened to the Trill speaking. Since this didn't seem like the kind of behaviour exhibited by Leela Kaz according to the reports she had read, Rachel could only assume that the alcohol was blurring the lines between hosts and allowing the personality traits of former hosts to surface.

"The Reunification movement is a fact and all the diplomats in the Federation or the Star Empire saying 'you cannot do that' will not stop them. It is between Romulans and Vulcans to decide what to do, not us."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 5:53 pm

"You're probably right." Leela nodded. "I tend to have a more progressive view on this issue than Juval did. He was to close to Vilcan to really be impartial." An image of you deacon rushed through her mind. It was hard not to view her as a child. "Do you remember you're fifth birthday. I got you... Juval got you that little Vilcan music toy. You spent a solid two months with that thing glued to your hands." Leela chuckled at the thought of a young Rachel. She could see her so clearly. Cradling the toy in her arms as she fumbled through the living space of the deacon quarters. "You were a cute kid." Leela seemed almost maternal in that moment.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 7:18 pm

Under normal circumstances, Rachel probably wouldn't have tolerated the maternal tone Leela was adopting, but she was willing to make an exception this time, for this particular Trill. It was clear enough to her that the lines between hosts were blurring. All one had to do was listen to the pronouns.

"I remember," she replied softly. "I used to close my eyes and listen to it. I didn't need to see it to know how to get it to play music."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 4:25 pm

Leela smiled. "And that's what made you the successful leader that you are." She spoke to Rachel but looked to John. Doing her own small part to reinforce that he should accept her as she is. "You're ability to adapt and overcome has certainly served you well. It was a necessity and you mad ethe most of it. So many people in your shoes would have given up, accepted mediocrity. But not you Rachel. That's something you can be proud of."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2016 12:53 pm

Both of the Deacons raised an eyebrow at the Trill, neither apparently impressed with the words, although for John, it seemed to be even more so. He had expected at least a little support from Kaz on his side, but is would seem that it wasn't going to be that way. He couldn't really blame her though, seeing as she was an officer in Rachel's task group.

Rachel, on the other hand, was thinking of the times when she hadn't been in the command ranks, when she had still been in the security and tactical department and putting her VISOR to good use. It was something that unfortunately didn't happen much nowadays.

"Perhaps," she replied. "Many of those I know who have similar afflictions have gone on to use their replacement sensory organs to the advantage of others."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 4:25 pm

Leela had forgotten just how pragmatic the Deacon's could be. She could feel the exasperation emitting from the table. Leela was drunk and could barely deal with the tension between these two. She took a drink and attempted to change the focus. "So John, how's the wife?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]   Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Old Friends With New Faces [Deacon/Kaz]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3