Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]

Go down 
+4
Thelos th'Zhela
Rama
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
AuthorMessage
Rama

Rama

Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 12:48 am

Garen Arthur wrote:

"No thanks," Garen replied, pushing the Klingon coffee to one side.  Two sips had been more than enough of that particular vile brew.  Drink that shit every day...no wonder Klingons are nuts.  He also wasn't keen on paying real money for things he could replicate on the Plutonia for himself.  

Garen cast a casual glance around the promenade area.  "Roomy here, at least," he casually said.  "Better than being cooped up on a ship.  What kind of cargo did your Nausicaan pal deliver to you?  Is it...green?"  Garen asked the last with a bit of a winking undertone, hoping that the Ferengi would assume he was interested in acquiring the services of an Orion woman.  That was, after all, what many men and not an insignificant amount of women meant when they asked about Orions.  Except Garen also knew that several were after his scalp, and he wanted to know how often they had contact with the station.

Rama was slightly surprised by the request. Sure there were nefarious humans, but few were usually interested in the services that Orion women could supply. "There isn't much demand here for the certain green cargo you speak of. The holosuites, however, are certainly available for your use. My Nausicaan friend dealt more with certain blue liquids. However..." Raman sighed. "... The hologram saw to his prison sentence. If he ever gets out... Well, lets not dwell on such things. If you find yourself in need of certain company. I would be willing to see what I could arrange."
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2015 9:27 pm

[One Day at the Bar...]

Myree picked up her drink, her thin, delicate green fingers gripping the fat tumbler as she absentmindedly swirled the contents. The two alcohols had separated a bit, so she mixed them together, causing them to fizz. Of course, she didn't pay real attention to a bit of it, as Myree's focus was zeored in on the padd she was reading.

Most people would probably find a cultural analysis of the arts and societal mores of the Vendikar to be the most thrilling of reading. Then again...the poetry of a people that used to voluntarily walk into death chambers for a simulated war wasn't exactly lightweight stuff.

The Orion girl lifted her glass, still not even looking at it as she brought it up to drink...and missing her mouth entirely. A bit of fizzy drink splashed up her nose, causing a rather violent sneezing and coughing fit.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 1:27 am

Myree Grell wrote:
[One Day at the Bar...]

Myree picked up her drink, her thin, delicate green fingers gripping the fat tumbler as she absentmindedly swirled the contents.  The two alcohols had separated a bit, so she mixed them together, causing them to fizz.  Of course, she didn't pay real attention to a bit of it, as Myree's focus was zeored in on the padd she was reading.

Most people would probably find a cultural analysis of the arts and societal mores of the Vendikar to be the most thrilling of reading.  Then again...the poetry of a people that used to voluntarily walk into death chambers for a simulated war wasn't exactly lightweight stuff.

The Orion girl lifted her glass, still not even looking at it as she brought it up to drink...and missing her mouth entirely.  A bit of fizzy drink splashed up her nose, causing a rather violent sneezing and coughing fit.

The station was full of interesting, fascinating places to explore and experience, but Sigma had been avoiding this particular place-- unusual for them, given their tendency to look at every single new oppurtunity as soon as possible. Something about the Ferengi-owned bar seemed to put them off a bit.

Somehow, they were here anyway. If I'm not here to drink much, I might as well look for a friend, the Deltan thought to themself. There was a skittsh pair of bolians that seemed to want to keep alone with their green fizzing drinks, so Sigma didn't bother with them. The human ensigns in the corner seemed normal, but officers tended to be a little picky about sitting with an enlisted petty officer. Elist ridiculousness.

Just when they thought leaving was a better option, anoccupied science officer started sputtering and choking on her drink. Sigma immediately turned to her with concern.

"Easy," they said. When Sigma realized that the orion wasn't in danger of respiratory failure, they couldn't help a little teasing. "I don't think that's a drink meant to be consumed nasally. You must have been distracted, yes?" What are you reading? May I see? Who is it by? By some miracle, they kept these questions under wraps.
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 9:54 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:

"Easy," they said. When Sigma realized that the orion wasn't in danger of respiratory failure, they couldn't help a little teasing. "I don't think that's a drink meant to be consumed nasally. You must have been distracted, yes?" What are you reading? May I see? Who is it by? By some miracle, they kept these questions under wraps.

The fizz, well...fizzed...relentlessly in Myree's nose as she coughed violently, capping it all off with a squeak of a sneeze. Well. That was certainly embarrassing. Fortunately, nobody seemed to be --

Oh. Wait. Damn. There was someone. Why is there *always* someone watching when you do something stupid? "Doe kiddig," she answered, smiling ruefully as she pinched the bridge of her nose. "Wow, dat burds. Excude me." Myree stood from her table, getting a handkerchief from the wall-mounted replicator and blowing her nose into it with a reverberating snooork.

"Uh. Hey? Sorry about that," she said, returning to her seat. "Myree Grell, Sciences," the Orion said, offering her hand for a shake. She glanced down at it, quickly exchanging it for the other hand that hadn't been holding the handkerchief.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 10:48 pm

Myree Grell wrote:

"Uh.  Hey?  Sorry about that," she said, returning to her seat.  "Myree Grell, Sciences," the Orion said, offering her hand for a shake.  She glanced down at it, quickly exchanging it for the other hand that hadn't been holding the handkerchief.

Sigma offered a clicking tilt of the head as the Orion darted off to ease the apparent burning in her nose. Having a fizzy drink up the nose was bad enough. Adding Alcohol to the mix probably just made it worse.

The Deltan was biting the inside of their cheeks to keep from laughing at the minor spectacle. That would be rude, after all. When Myree returned, Sigma took the offered hand and shook it with their own. The chrome glints of cybernetics on their hand reflected the green of the Orion's for a moment.

"Sigma Nu, Engineering minion," they replied. "I guess that wasn't the most appropriate way to meet you, but it's a pleasure." Maybe less for you.
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:10 am

Sigma Nu wrote:

Sigma offered a clicking tilt of the head as the Orion darted off to ease the apparent burning in her nose. Having a fizzy drink up the nose was bad enough. Adding Alcohol to the mix probably just made it worse.

The Deltan was biting the inside of their cheeks to keep from laughing at the minor spectacle. That would be rude, after all. When Myree returned, Sigma took the offered hand and shook it with their own. The chrome glints of cybernetics on their hand reflected the green of the Orion's for a moment.

"Sigma Nu, Engineering minion," they replied. "I guess that wasn't the most appropriate way to meet you, but it's a pleasure." Maybe less for you.

Sigma Nu? Is that some kind of...designation? Myree mulled the question over as she shot a furtive glance at the hand apparatus. She wondered just what all of it, along with the attachments to the being's eye, was. While Myree's first instinct was to think of Nu as 'he', something seemed to make her think twice. There seemed to be an indeterminate quality that Myree mentally filed away among the dozens of other questions that were brewing in her head.

One thing was for certain, though - this person was a Deltan. Myree could feel a twinge of pheromones tickle along her spine. It was almost as if her own dampened ones recognized a kindred evolutional spirit. "Yeah...I don't usually throw drinks up my nose," she laughed, shaking her head. "I guess I got caught up in my reading. Have you been on the station long?"
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 12:23 am

Myree Grell wrote:

Sigma Nu?  Is that some kind of...designation?  Myree mulled the question over as she shot a furtive glance at the hand apparatus.  She wondered just what all of it, along with the attachments to the being's eye, was.  While Myree's first instinct was to think of Nu as 'he', something seemed to make her think twice.  There seemed to be an indeterminate quality that Myree mentally filed away among the dozens of other questions that were brewing in her head.

One thing was for certain, though - this person was a Deltan.  Myree could feel a twinge of pheromones tickle along her spine.  It was almost as if her own dampened ones recognized a kindred evolutional spirit.  "Yeah...I don't usually throw drinks up my nose," she laughed, shaking her head.  "I guess I got caught up in my reading.  Have you been on the station long?"  

Sigma found themself laughing, mostly in response to the Orion's doing so. It was rather funny, really, if a bit childish to laugh at someone else's minor pain. It was a distraction from thinking about the moderately scrutinizing glances she was receiving from the woman. Ah well. Those weren't the worst.

"I'm a new transfer, actually. Came from one of the older ships when it was de-comissioned. The Reken. Apparently, there was some need for engineers, so I'm here," they moved on in short order. "If you're asking how long I've been here, I doubt you've been around long, either. Where did you ship in from?"
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 12:22 am

Sigma Nu wrote:

Sigma found themself laughing, mostly in response to the Orion's doing so. It was rather funny, really, if a bit childish to laugh at someone else's minor pain. It was a distraction from thinking about the moderately scrutinizing glances she was receiving from the woman. Ah well. Those weren't the worst.

"I'm a new transfer, actually. Came from one of the older ships when it was de-comissioned. The Reken. Apparently, there was some need for engineers, so I'm here," they moved on in short order. "If you're asking how long I've been here, I doubt you've been around long, either. Where did you ship in from?"

"You guessed it," Myree replied, a small and playful smile dancing across her dark green lips. "I spent most of last year finalizing my cadet cruise on the T'Plana. It was an Oberth, and probably should have been decommissioned, too, come to think of it." Myree looked down at what remained of her drink, swirling it for a second before tossing it back to finish. "Well. That's that, then," she chuckled, setting the glass down. "I could go for a refresh. To the bar, then?" she asked, tilting her head like an inquisitive bird.
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 12:31 am

Myree Grell wrote:

"You guessed it," Myree replied, a small and playful smile dancing across her dark green lips.  "I spent most of last year finalizing my cadet cruise on the T'Plana.  It was an Oberth, and probably should have been decommissioned, too, come to think of it."  Myree looked down at what remained of her drink, swirling it for a second before tossing it back to finish.  "Well.  That's that, then," she chuckled, setting the glass down.  "I could go for a refresh.  To the bar, then?" she asked, tilting her head like an inquisitive bird.

Cadet cruises. Something Sigma never experiences because of their enlisted track. Oh, well. Being an officer never really struck them as an ideal circumstance, anyway. So many cranky officers with sticks up their asses... Sigma didn't want to be one of them. If I join the dark side, it'll be with a little more poise.

Sigma didn't really drink much, but figured a little indulgence wouldn't hurt. Unlike some people they knew, they were more of a social drinker than someone regularly hitting the bottle. This was a social occasion, right?

Close enough.

"Oh, that's a good idea," they said brightly. "Any recommendations?" they continued, beginning the walk over to the bar's counter.
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 12:50 am

Sigma Nu wrote:

Cadet cruises. Something Sigma never experiences because of their enlisted track. Oh, well. Being an officer never really struck them as an ideal circumstance, anyway. So many cranky officers with sticks up their asses... Sigma didn't want to be one of them. If I join the dark side, it'll be with a little more poise.

Sigma didn't really drink much, but figured a little indulgence wouldn't hurt. Unlike some people they knew, they were more of a social drinker than someone regularly hitting the bottle. This was a social occasion, right?

Close enough.

"Oh, that's a good idea," they said brightly. "Any recommendations?" they continued, beginning the walk over to the bar's counter.

Myree certainly did enjoy throwing back some real alcohol, and certainly not the synthale stuff that was standard to Federation ships and installations. However, she was appreciative of the fact that the Ferengi kept a well-stocked bar, and that the real deal could be found on off-shifts. Still, she was an officer first and foremost, and knew not to let her head get too clouded. One never knew when a situation might arise, and space wasn't an easy place to work if you were drunk.

Still, she'd love to go shot-for-shot with someone, sometime. Her Orion physiology seemed to naturally handle toxins well, and...what was alcohol, if not a voluntary toxin? "Jumja juice for me," she ordered, taking a sip of the sweet drink as it arrived. It was one of her favorite indulgences, and had been for a while. "Have you tried this stuff? I discovered it at the Academy. Most people go there to find themselves," she smirked. "I found a beverage. I guess it's a good thing you're not a counselor...it's hard to tell what you could read into that."
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:00 am

Myree Grell wrote:

Myree certainly did enjoy throwing back some real alcohol, and certainly not the synthale stuff that was standard to Federation ships and installations.  However, she was appreciative of the fact that the Ferengi kept a well-stocked bar, and that the real deal could be found on off-shifts.  Still, she was an officer first and foremost, and knew not to let her head get too clouded.  One never knew when a situation might arise, and space wasn't an easy place to work if you were drunk.

Still, she'd love to go shot-for-shot with someone, sometime.  Her Orion physiology seemed to naturally handle toxins well, and...what was alcohol, if not a voluntary toxin?  "Jumja juice for me," she ordered, taking a sip of the sweet drink as it arrived.  It was one of her favorite indulgences, and had been for a while.  "Have you tried this stuff?  I discovered it at the Academy.  Most people go there to find themselves," she smirked.  "I found a beverage.  I guess it's a good thing you're not a counselor...it's hard to tell what you could read into that."

Sigma had no idea what they'd make of something like that as a counselor. She was an engineer, not a counselor, or even a doctor. Fluctuations of the brain were much less interesting than those of a flow regulator. Still, it was an interesting idea. Not what most went to the academy for, they were certain... but at least she'd gotten something out of it, they figured.

A light click of metal against the countertop filled the space between thinking about Jumja juice, and whether they wanted to try it themselves. "I've never had it. Maybe I'll give it a try," the reasoned, before placing an identical order.

"Huh. Not bad." Sigma wasn't sure what to make of the drink once it arrived if they were honest. Very sweet, but with some kind of tangy edge to it that was unlike any fruit they'd ever tried.

"So... was finding a liking for jumja juice the only thing you found?"
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 1:10 am

Sigma Nu wrote:

Sigma had no idea what they'd make of something like that as a counselor. She was an engineer, not a counselor, or even a doctor. Fluctuations of the brain were much less interesting than those of a flow regulator. Still, it was an interesting idea. Not what most went to the academy for, they were certain... but at least she'd gotten something out of it, they figured.

A light click of metal against the countertop filled the space between thinking about Jumja juice, and whether they wanted to try it themselves. "I've never had it. Maybe I'll give it a try," the reasoned, before placing an identical order.

"Huh. Not bad." Sigma wasn't sure what to make of the drink once it arrived if they were honest. Very sweet, but with some kind of tangy edge to it that was unlike any fruit they'd ever tried.

"So... was finding a liking for jumja juice the only thing you found?"

"I found out..." Myree said, her voice dropping lower and into a more conspiratorial tone. The Orion girl glanced around, as if looking to make sure nobody was listening. "Would you believe that I discovered that I was...green?" She held up her hand, spreading the fingers wide. "Who would have guessed!"

Chuckling lightly, she took another sip of juice. "I also discovered that I wasn't much of a comedian...but I found that out five seconds ago. No..." she mused, shrugging. "Academy life wasn't that much different for me than any other student. Well," she added, "other than the fact that, even with pheromone dampeners, we Orions have a reputation. And when you flatly tell them, 'nope, sorry, not interested, go fly a shuttlecraft or something', they think you're just being coy!"
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:42 am

Myree Grell wrote:

"I found out..." Myree said, her voice dropping lower and into a more conspiratorial tone.  The Orion girl glanced around, as if looking to make sure nobody was listening.  "Would you believe that I discovered that I was...green?"  She held up her hand, spreading the fingers wide.  "Who would have guessed!"  

Chuckling lightly, she took another sip of juice.  "I also discovered that I wasn't much of a comedian...but I found that out five seconds ago.  No..." she mused, shrugging.  "Academy life wasn't that much different for me than any other student.  Well," she added, "other than the fact that, even with pheromone dampeners, we Orions have a reputation.  And when you flatly tell them, 'nope, sorry, not interested, go fly a shuttlecraft or something', they think you're just being coy!"  

Sigma just raised a curved eyebrow before laughing. They'd almost thought Myree was serious, but then recognized the joke. "What, you, green? Never would have guessed!" they exclaimed. Despite claiming not to be a comedian, Myree was actually pretty amusing in her own way.

She was dead on about other things, though. Like the reputation that followed highly sexualized species wherever they went. Being a Deltan themself, Sigma well understood. "Believe me, I know the feeling. I mean, the oath I had to take before joining the service.. well, I mean, I have no use for it. Others see to think trying to coax me out of it is a good game to play."

"I'm waiting for the day when playing hard to get is erased from the minds of people."
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:

Sigma just raised a curved eyebrow before laughing. They'd almost thought Myree was serious, but then recognized the joke. "What, you, green? Never would have guessed!" they exclaimed. Despite claiming not to be a comedian, Myree was actually pretty amusing in her own way.

She was dead on about other things, though. Like the reputation that followed highly sexualized species wherever they went. Being a Deltan themself, Sigma well understood. "Believe me, I know the feeling. I mean, the oath I had to take before joining the service.. well, I mean, I have no use for it. Others see to think trying to coax me out of it is a good game to play."

"I'm waiting for the day when playing hard to get is erased from the minds of people."

"It's not easy being green," Myree grinned. Her expression turned more serious, though, as the Deltan brought up their respective pheromonal problems. "I know about all that," she said, taking another sip of the sweet juice. "I don't agree with it, by the way. The oath of celibacy? It's practically draconian. I can't believe Starfleet still forces it on you poor Deltans!"
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 3:09 pm

Myree Grell wrote:

"It's not easy being green," Myree grinned.  Her expression turned more serious, though, as the Deltan brought up their respective pheromonal problems.  "I know about all that," she said, taking another sip of the sweet juice.  "I don't agree with it, by the way.  The oath of celibacy?  It's practically draconian.  I can't believe Starfleet still forces it on you poor Deltans!"  

"Well..."

Sigma shrugged. It was a rather archaic way of thinking... and perhaps it was a little based on fear. Upper command was scared of the Deltan's highly sexual nature. It made Sigma feel a little as though they were being treated as dangerous threats rather than people with different bedroom habits.

"Someone was concerned that we'd take advantage of or force ourselves on a human,"
they said with a resigned sigh.

"Honestly, though... It really didn't make anything different for me. I mean, warp cores hold much more interest than what starfleet officer I can, what, lure into my shared quarters?"

"It is nonsense, though. I don't believe anyone would listen to us if we tried to make a change. Not enough of us, I think."
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:

"Well..."

Sigma shrugged. It was a rather archaic way of thinking... and perhaps it was a little based on fear. Upper command was scared of the Deltan's highly sexual nature. It made Sigma feel a little as though they were being treated as dangerous threats rather than people with different bedroom habits.

"Someone was concerned that we'd take advantage of or force ourselves on a human,"
they said with a resigned sigh.

"Honestly, though... It really didn't make anything different for me. I mean, warp cores hold much more interest than what starfleet officer I can, what, lure into my shared quarters?"

"It is nonsense, though. I don't believe anyone would listen to us if we tried to make a change. Not enough of us, I think."

"Oh, right," Myree smiled. "I guess the whole 'shared quarters' thing would kinda put a damper on your romantic pursuits. Or," she shrugged, "at least the endgame of them." The Orion girl held up one slender, green finger and hopped out of her chair, quickly moving over toward the replicator. When she returned, there was a large pastry on the plate she carried, covered in a white icing.

Myree held a fork, offering the other to the Deltan. "Know what's better than sex? These things," she said, indicating the pastry. "They're Earth-based delicacies...they call them 'Bear Claws', though there actually are creatures on Earth called 'bears'. There's really no relation between the two."

Chewing for one quiet moment, Myree set her fork down and smiled. "Fantastic. So...uh, I don't mean to beat a dead n'orlot, but...does it really drive people insane? Sex with a non-Deltan, that is. That's what Starfleet Medical has always said..."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:23 pm

Rama overheard quite the conversation at the end of his bar and was intrigued enough to go investigate. He quickly identified the Female as an Orion but was not entirely sure who was sitting next to her. He stepped down the bar and poured two drinks and slid them in front of the Starfleet officers. "Here you go... Your glasses were beginning to look empty. On the house. Are you enjoying yourselves?"
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 28, 2015 2:38 am

Myree Grell wrote:

"Oh, right," Myree smiled.  "I guess the whole 'shared quarters' thing would kinda put a damper on your romantic pursuits.  Or," she shrugged, "at least the endgame of them."  The Orion girl held up one slender, green finger and hopped out of her chair, quickly moving over toward the replicator.  When she returned, there was a large pastry on the plate she carried, covered in a white icing.  

Myree held a fork, offering the other to the Deltan.  "Know what's better than sex?  These things," she said, indicating the pastry.  "They're Earth-based delicacies...they call them 'Bear Claws', though there actually are creatures on Earth called 'bears'.  There's really no relation between the two."  

Chewing for one quiet moment, Myree set her fork down and smiled.  "Fantastic.  So...uh, I don't mean to beat a dead n'orlot, but...does it really drive people insane?  Sex with a non-Deltan, that is.  That's what Starfleet Medical has always said..."

"Endgames? I don't much worry about those. I don't even bother starting anything at all. Not worth the hassle, and I'll be honest-- I really don't find it all that interesting," Sigma admitted. There was also the fact that they'd only recently been able to have any kind of lease on life, let alone try any relationships... but they weren't interested in trying, anyway.

They took the offered fork in their hand, then prodded curiously at the 'Bear Claw' on the table. A bite confirmed it-- definitely better than sex, or at least, what they'd understood was supposed to be pleasurable about sex. Though deltans often sought new tactile sensations and experiences, sex wasn't on Sigma's list.

Myree's question made them pause their chewing quite abruptly. They swallowed the pastry, then thought for a moment. "Theoretically, our pheromones would render most other humanoids incapable of rational thought for some time afterwards," Sigma said in the most bored-sounding tone imaginable. "It depends, therefore, on your definition of insane. Orions, oddly enough, seem to play well with it and don't lose their judgement quite so much. Or so I've heard," the Deltan finished with a sly smirk, before their attention was grabbed by the ferengi barkeep.

A drink. How generous. The deltan's cybernetic finger enhancements clinked on the glass as they brought it up to their lips. They didn't really know what it was... but it was alright.

"Yes, I think so. You have a nice place here."
Back to top Go down
Myree Grell
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2015 8:00 pm

Sigma Nu wrote:

"Endgames? I don't much worry about those. I don't even bother starting anything at all. Not worth the hassle, and I'll be honest-- I really don't find it all that interesting," Sigma admitted. There was also the fact that they'd only recently been able to have any kind of lease on life, let alone try any relationships... but they weren't interested in trying, anyway.

They took the offered fork in their hand, then prodded curiously at the 'Bear Claw' on the table. A bite confirmed it-- definitely better than sex, or at least, what they'd understood was supposed to be pleasurable about sex. Though deltans often sought new tactile sensations and experiences, sex wasn't on Sigma's list.

Myree's question made them pause their chewing quite abruptly. They swallowed the pastry, then thought for a moment. "Theoretically, our pheromones would render most other humanoids incapable of rational thought for some time afterwards," Sigma said in the most bored-sounding tone imaginable. "It depends, therefore, on your definition of insane. Orions, oddly enough, seem to play well with it and don't lose their judgement quite so much. Or so I've heard," the Deltan finished with a sly smirk, before their attention was grabbed by the ferengi barkeep.

A drink. How generous. The deltan's cybernetic finger enhancements clinked on the glass as they brought it up to their lips. They didn't really know what it was... but it was alright.

"Yes, I think so. You have a nice place here."

Myree nodded along with Sigma's explanation, wishing that she could start making notes on her padd without seeming rude. She'd often found that people got irritated and somehow thought you weren't paying attention when you started jotting things down. As if someone couldn't write and listen at the same time! "Well," the Orion shrugged a shoulder. "Who would know what would happen when Orion and Deltan pheromones combined. It might drive the whole station insane."

Rama wrote:
Rama overheard quite the conversation at the end of his bar and was intrigued enough to go investigate. He quickly identified the Female as an Orion but was not entirely sure who was sitting next to her. He stepped down the bar and poured two drinks and slid them in front of the Starfleet officers. "Here you go... Your glasses were beginning to look empty. On the house. Are you enjoying yourselves?"

She wasn't surprised at all that their conversation matter had brought the Ferengi's attention, knowing well the hedonistic reputation they had. Kind of like my own people have, she thought. "We're doing well, thank you," she said, inclining her head at the man. "I'm Myree, good to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 11:58 pm

Myree Grell wrote:

Myree nodded along with Sigma's explanation, wishing that she could start making notes on her padd without seeming rude.  She'd often found that people got irritated and somehow thought you weren't paying attention when you started jotting things down.  As if someone couldn't write and listen at the same time!  "Well," the Orion shrugged a shoulder.  "Who would know what would happen when Orion and Deltan pheromones combined.  It might drive the whole station insane."

She wasn't surprised at all that their conversation matter had brought the Ferengi's attention, knowing well the hedonistic reputation they had.  Kind of like my own people have, she thought.  "We're doing well, thank you," she said, inclining her head at the man.  "I'm Myree, good to meet you."

Rama nodded. "Sounds like you're enjoying yourselves down here. I'm glad you're having such a good time." He looked them over and was quite confused. They seemed almost out of place. But Rama wasn't one to pass judgment or, more aptly, turn away profits. He flashed a smile. "I'm Rama. This is my establishment. Welcome to Starbase Athena! I hope you come to consider my little bar you're home away from home... away from home." He chuckled as he stumbled over the pun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: