Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rama

Rama

Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 1:14 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel cast a flat glare in the direction of the Ferengi's voice as the medical officer scanned her again with his tricorder, apparently making sure that there was no rejection of the new parts.  She waved him off, feeling on the low table for her VISOR.

"Take this down to Engineering with the other part of the replacement.  Get them to make the necessary adjustements," she said, handing the device out to the medical officer.  He glared at Rama as he slunk out of the office, medkit slung over his shoulder.  The Admiral's attention then turned to the Ferengi.  "Tell me, Rama, if I had my security teams examine your communications and dealings required to obtain these parts, how much illegality would they find?"

Rama knew that he was about to lie but after all, a good lie is easier to believe then the truth. He knew that he sufficiently covered his tracks. "Actually Admiral, it was quite easy. My cousin Frelk happened to have the part lying around. I am uncertain of how he acquired it though. I felt it prudent not to ask too many questions. You know my cousin is a fine friend but he doesn't always have the lobes for business. He let it go far too cheaply." Rama didn't dare mention that he used it as an opportunity to smuggle illegal crystals aboard. He was telling the truth, however, his cousin had no idea how valuable those crystals truly were.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 1:43 pm

Rama wrote:
Rama knew that he was about to lie but after all, a good lie is easier to believe then the truth. He knew that he sufficiently covered his tracks. "Actually Admiral, it was quite easy. My cousin Frelk happened to have the part lying around. I am uncertain of how he acquired it though. I felt it prudent not to ask too many questions. You know my cousin is a fine friend but he doesn't always have the lobes for business. He let it go far too cheaply." Rama didn't dare mention that he used it as an opportunity to smuggle illegal crystals aboard. He was telling the truth, however, his cousin had no idea how valuable those crystals truly were.

There were many different kinds of lie, Rachel was aware of that. As a skilled diplomat, she had to be. There were outright lies, that contained no element of truth. There were partial lies, where grains of truth were used to modulate untruths. There were the diplomatic lies, the ones where you lied or used vague language to muddy the waters or buy time and so many more besides. She wasn't sure what kind of lie Rama was telling her, but Ferengi weren't known for their honesty.

"Then I'm sure you won't protest if I ask them to go through those records?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 2:23 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

There were many different kinds of lie, Rachel was aware of that.  As a skilled diplomat, she had to be.  There were outright lies, that contained no element of truth.  There were partial lies, where grains of truth were used to modulate untruths.  There were the diplomatic lies, the ones where you lied or used vague language to muddy the waters or buy time and so many more besides.  She wasn't sure what kind of lie Rama was telling her, but Ferengi weren't known for their honesty.

"Then I'm sure you won't protest if I ask them to go through those records?"

"But you promised..." Rama quickly dropped the subject. He knew that if he raised concerns that she would proceed without delay. He did feel slightly betrayed. He did know that he covered his tracks well. He was not concerned. He extended his hand. "Of course admiral. My communication records are your communication records."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 2:27 pm

Rama wrote:
"But you promised..." Rama quickly dropped the subject. He knew that if he raised concerns that she would proceed without delay. He did feel slightly betrayed. He did know that he covered his tracks well. He was not concerned. He extended his hand. "Of course admiral. My communication records are your communication records."

A faint smile spread over Rachel's face. She lay back down again on the couch, closing her eyes despite the fact that it made no difference. Rama had walked right into her trap. He had done something illegal. What was the old human adage? 'The innocent have nothing to fear'? Had he kept to legal practises, he wouldn't have minded her security teams looking through his records about the VISOR parts, but he was defensive, that implied that he had something to hide.

"Thank you, Mr Rama, you have told me all I need to know."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 11:28 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

A faint smile spread over Rachel's face.  She lay back down again on the couch, closing her eyes despite the fact that it made no difference.  Rama had walked right into her trap.  He had done something illegal.  What was the old human adage?  'The innocent have nothing to fear'?  Had he kept to legal practises, he wouldn't have minded her security teams looking through his records about the VISOR parts, but he was defensive, that implied that he had something to hide.

"Thank you, Mr Rama, you have told me all I need to know."

Rama sulked for a moment. If she found out about those crystals he would lose an immense profit. "Admiral, other than the potential origins of those parts. Which I already explained. I didn't ask my cousin any questions. There is no illegal activity going on here. You are welcome to examine the logs. But frankly Rachel, I am insulted. I thought we had developed a better relationship then this. A friendship built on trust and mutual respect." He smiled.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 2:02 pm

Rama wrote:
Rama sulked for a moment. If she found out about those crystals he would lose an immense profit. "Admiral, other than the potential origins of those parts. Which I already explained. I didn't ask my cousin any questions. There is no illegal activity going on here. You are welcome to examine the logs. But frankly Rachel, I am insulted. I thought we had developed a better relationship then this. A friendship built on trust and mutual respect." He smiled.

"And yet, you act like you have something to hide," Rachel pointed out calmly. It felt a little reassuring to be back in this territory, this careful verbal sparring that was such an important part of diplomatic duties. This was territory she knew and knew well. "As far as I'm aware, we have a working relationship, not a friendship, Mr Rama."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2015 9:18 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

"And yet, you act like you have something to hide," Rachel pointed out calmly.  It felt a little reassuring to be back in this territory, this careful verbal sparring that was such an important part of diplomatic duties.  This was territory she knew and knew well.  "As far as I'm aware, we have a working relationship, not a friendship, Mr Rama."

The Ferengi placed one hand on his chest and extended the other one towards the Admiral, as if making a grand gesture. "That truly pains me to hear. Here I thought we were shinning examples of bridging cultural differences to create a more stable relationship between our peoples." He sighed.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2015 11:31 am

Rama wrote:
The Ferengi placed one hand on his chest and extended the other one towards the Admiral, as if making a grand gesture. "That truly pains me to hear. Here I thought we were shinning examples of bridging cultural differences to create a more stable relationship between our peoples." He sighed.

It was a good thing for Rama that Rachel couldn't see the gesture he was making, or she would probably have rolled her eyes at him, had she understood the significance of such a piece of body language. She was also aware of just how much insincerity had to be lying under that tone. She had never heard such things spoken honestly by a Ferengi in all her career.

"Mr Rama, you forget that I have been extensively trained in diplomatic skills, especially in terms of listening to what isn't said. If entire teams of diplomats on either side cannot get along for prolonged periods of time without one side doing something to offend the other, then I don't see how we're going to manage."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 9:40 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

It was a good thing for Rama that Rachel couldn't see the gesture he was making, or she would probably have rolled her eyes at him, had she understood the significance of such a piece of body language.  She was also aware of just how much insincerity had to be lying under that tone.  She had never heard such things spoken honestly by a Ferengi in all her career.

"Mr Rama, you forget that I have been extensively trained in diplomatic skills, especially in terms of listening to what isn't said.  If entire teams of diplomats on either side cannot get along for prolonged periods of time without one side doing something to offend the other, then I don't see how we're going to manage."

"Well if that's how you feel Admiral. But I would prefer to think that we can develop a friendship. If it makes you feel better you may go through all of my logs right away. I promise you will be pleasantly surprised."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2