Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] Empty
PostSubject: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 5:58 pm

[Kaz's Quarters]

It had been a full day since her encounters with Zero and the Captain. In an effort to get to know Zero better Leela had made the decision to invite her companion over for dinner. She bustled about her quarters attempting to clean before Zero arrived. Leela was a lot of things but clean was not her highest quality. She picked up a pile of clothes from the floor and through them onto the bed.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Dinner. How could dinner go wrong?

In many ways, Zero thought to herself as she rolled her hair up into a tight knot at the nape of her neck. She really didn't want to have to sit down with this Trill who had so willingly agreed to spy on her for Corinth, but she didn't really see any other choice unless she wanted to be taken back.

So, after putting on an immaculate uniform, she made her way to the engineering officer's quarters. She stood outside for a moment, still debating the wisdom of coming here then, with a heavy sigh, rang the doorbell.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 7:53 pm

Leela continued t hurriedly rush through her quarters trying to pick items up that were located in the wrong place, given the conditions of her quarters, she was not entirely certain that everything had a right place. The pile on her bed continued to grow as she threw miscellaneous items that she couldn't find a home for right away. The door bell rang as Leela topped off the pile with 2 PADD's. The pile now contained a myriad of items from a few PADD's and a tricorder to decorative items she had intended to hang on the walls. And of course a mountain of dirty laundry.

She walked from the bedroom to the living area and quickly brushed some lint that had developed from cleaning. She took a quick look in a full length mirror. Her uniform jacket laid thrown over a chair at her desk. Her yellow uniform shirt was unzipped to her sternum revealing a grey came layered underneath. Her hair was messy following a double in engineering. "Come in Zero." Leela called out towards the door.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 8:14 pm

As the door slid to the side on Leela's command, Zero stepped into one of the most disorganised quarters she had ever seen. For a moment, she simply stood and stared, then shivered and stared at a fixed point on the wall, trying to block out the mess. Jiseth had learned to put up with the near-obsessive level of organisation that Zero had found necessary. It wasn't a particularly healthy dynamic, but it worked for them, and it meant that Jiseth could at least find a clean uniform when she needed one.

"Good evening, Ensign Kaz," she stated, folding her arms behind her back and standing to attention, her gaze still rigidly focused on a point on the back bulkhead.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 9:20 pm

"Good evening Zero." Leela's face lit up with a smile. "Excuse the mess. I just completed my fifth double shift in a row. We're trying to overhaul the sensor grid. She removed a scarf from a chair in the dining area and threw it onto the couch. "Please take a seat." She said as she gestured towards the chair. She stepped to the table and got a glass and poured a glass of Vulcan Brandy. She set a second glass on the table. "Would you like some Vulcan Brandy. It's quite a good vintage. I picked up several bottles on Tellar before I transferred here."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2015 9:27 pm

Zero tried very hard not to comment on the disorder that seemed to reign all around her. The tension in her shoulders could have been from a recent physical workout, but it could just as easily have been from discomfort at the situation she had been put in by agreeing to walk into these quarters for a meal.

She looked down at the cleared chair, considering sitting down, but ultimately stayed on her feet, not particularly at ease. The offer of a drink didn't help matters. As much as she craved the near-drunken state she had managed to achieve on numerous occasions, Medical had made it clear to her that alcohol was not allowed at any times, in any quantity.

"I am not permitted alcoholic or synthaholic beverages at any point," she stated, wondering just how much Medical had told the Trill about the long list of rules about how she was supposed to live her life.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 1:19 am

Leela was surprised. She was unaware that Zero was not permitted Alcoholic beverages. "Well I hope you don't mind if I..." She gestured towards the glass and picked it up. She finished her first drink quickly and poured a second. I think I'm going to need this. She thought. "Well I haven't had a chance to plan a menu. What sounds good to you? I was thinking maybe a Plomak soup. Can I get you something to drink? Maybe a water or perhaps tea? I'd love to share some of those Vulcan blends I was telling you about?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 9:44 am

Alcohol did indeed sound like a good idea at that point, but since Zero was still unsure about how much this Trill was going to report back. In any case, she had ditched the habit a while back in order to try to stay under Medical's radar, no matter how much she still craved it.

"Water will be sufficient, thank you," she replied, managing to remember enough of her manners to thank her host. She then looked a little uncomfortable. "I was not aware that you had not been informed of my dietary habits. I do not consume conventional nutrition. Starfleet Medical formulated a nutritional supplement that meets all of my requirements."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 11:13 am

Leela made her way to the replicator and got a Water for the augment and set it in front her. She was confused by all of the dietary restrictions. "Very well, I will have Plomak soup and Kava bread. Would you like me to replicate one of you supplements?" As she spoke she manually punched the order into the replicator and her food appeared.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 11:48 am

Zero picked up the glass of water, but didn't drink from it. She didn't trust it not to be drugged or something. She did, however, put the glass of water back on the table and stepped over to the replicator, inputting the computer code for her evening supplement. What appeared in the replicator slot was a tall glass of what appeared to be a thin, grey gruel. She picked it up, looking into it with a faint look of disgust.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 1:13 pm

Leela picked up her soup and bread and sat at the table. She gestured to the chair across from her. "Please join me Zero. We have much to discuss." She looked to that glass of grey gruel with a faint amount of visible disgust. "What is that... that stuff anyway? It doesn't look very appetizing?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 1:51 pm

Following Leela's lead, Zero took a seat at the small table, taking a sip of the gruel and struggling to keep the distaste off her face. "It is a blend of the necessary proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals that my body requires to function. It does not need to be appetising."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 1:56 pm

Leela pondered the augments statement. It would seem that her new task would begin with explaining food. "Maybe it doesn't have to be appetizing. But meals are not about ingesting nutrients. It is a shared communal experience. It about sharing pleasurable experiences with others. A meal con also act as a method to interact together and exchange ideas." She took a bite of her bread. "Zero, its about the company. Not the food."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 7:40 pm

"I am aware of the other elements that humanoids associate with a meal," Zero replied in an almost bored tone before she took another sip, swallowing.  "I have formerly ingested nourishment other than this supplement, even enjoyed their consumption, but I am not permitted.  It is as simple as that.  In order to maintain the persona that I have been assigned, I must not allow myself such things."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2015 11:26 pm

"Very well." Leela took a piece of the bread and dipped it down into her soup. "Zero, I brought you here for a very specific reason." She paused for a memento. "We need to talk." Leela tried to find another way to say it but nothing else seemed to carry the gravitas she wanted. No one wants to hear 'we need to talk' but it was necessary to get her attention. Leela had already learned; Zero hears everything you say but she rarely listens.

"I had a conversation with Captain T'Koris yesterday and I feel the need to bring you up to speed. We spoke off the record, and discussed you future. We both came to conclusion that the best thing we could do is get you out from under Corinth and Starfleet Medical. Per your agreement with Medical we think the best approach is to show your growth to as many high level officials as possible. But we need some growth to show them. Will you let me help you Zero? If we can show significant growth Starfleet Medical will have no choice but to free you from their supervision. What are your thoughts?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 7:19 am

Zero was quiet for a few moments as she mulled over what the Trill had just said. It was an interesting proposition to be sure, but she wasn't sure that it was going to work. There was far too much for her to learn, and the standards expected were too high.

"I have been informed that for me to reach the level of growth Starfleet Medical expects of me is impossible."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2015 11:36 pm

Leela looked past Zero for a moment as she contemplated the augments predicament. Zero was certainly not wrong. She did, indeed, have a lot to learn and the bar was set very high. The task at hand seemed daunting. It even could be described as impossible. Her mind wandered to her days as an initiate. All of the trouble and strife she had been put through. To have the chance to become joined was definitely worth the effort.

"Zero, you're right. This will be an uphill battle but I think impossible is a bit of an over statement. With Corinth off your back, I think you stand a fighting chance. I have a series of.." Leela paused to choose her words. "...of somewhat understated report prepared to go to Corinth. Technically they will be falsified but if he sees me as someone he trusts. If I tell him that you are not making any significant progress he should leave you the hell alone. In the meantime, you can grow and make progress without fear of being set back by Starfleet Medical. If we can demonstrate sufficient progress the Captain believes that there are a number of Admirals she can convince to release you from the chains the tie you to them. But we need your commitment. You need to dedicate yourself to this endeavor or it will never work."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2015 3:03 am

Zero looked down at the glass in her hands, still almost full of the nutritional supplement. She had a sinking feeling about this, some element of her mind that was telling her that this was definitely not going to work. Then again, this 'gastrointestinal instinct' wasn't something that she was very good at interpreting.

"I have made attempts at growth, but I have not made any significant progress. The rules change too often."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 1:12 pm

"Zero, the rules will stay the same from here on out. And they are quite simple. You need to demonstrates enough emotional and psychological growth to convince a few high level officers that you can function as on your own. Where do you feel like you struggle? How can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2015 2:46 pm

Zero shook her head. "No, the rules of social engagement are in constant flux. What is acceptable in dealing with one individual is unacceptable to another, and there are times in which the rules change according to the mood of the other individual." With a quiet sigh, she took another mouthful of her nutritional supplement. "I do not comprehend other humanoids, their actions nor their interactions. I struggle to understand emotional implications, whether my own or those of others."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 12:00 am

Leela paused and took a sip of her brandy. She had never honestly thought about it but she saw where Zero was coming from. There are no two people that you talk to the same way. "You're right Zero. Everybody is a unique individual. There are no two people who are alike and, therefore, you won't interact with anyone the same way you interact with someone else. Think about Jiseth, you love her. Would you consider addressing me in the same manner you address her?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 4:14 pm

The expression of near revulsion on Zero's face would have been an adequate answer to Leela's question, but that expression soon dissolved into one of near misery.

"No, I would not wish it to be that way. However, we have been interacting on a much diminished relationship in recent times, yet I do not know a way in which to repair it. My skills are not sufficiently developed for the task."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2015 11:43 pm

Leela took a sip of her drink and held the glass at her lips for a moment as her eyes lit up. Jiseth... she's the key. She thought. She began to realize that getting Zero to open up about her partner could be the key to getting her to better understand her emotions.

"Jiseth.. you two are having difficulties? Tell me more about your, 'diminished relationship'?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2015 7:55 am

Zero realised just a little too late that she had given Leela too much information as well as an open door into asking a lot more questions that she wasn't sure she wanted to answer. Looking down at the greyish gruel still half-filling her glass, she tried to collect her thoughts for a moment, taking a sip of the supplement again and pulling a face, pushing the unfinished glass to the side.

"I am unable to provide for Jiseth's emotional and physical wellbeing. This has caused a significant amount of stress," she admitted reluctantly.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2015 2:46 pm

Leela tapped her spoon on the bowl as her mind seemed to drift in thought. "Why do you think you are unable to address Jiseth's emotional needs? What needs, precisely, does she have that you feel you can not adequately fulfill?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]   Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess Who's Coming to Dinner [Kaz/Zero]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next