Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] Empty
PostSubject: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 5:31 pm

[Uninhabited M Class Planet]

Thin plumes of smoke rose from the scattered wreckage strewn over almost one hundred metres squared. Sections of metal, twisted and burned, were scattered through the unnatural clearing that the shuttle had ploughed into the dense woodland. Small fires spluttered and died.

Rachel Deacon coughed, wincing at the stabbing pain that shot through her ribs as she did so. The darkness around her told her that her VISOR had come off at some point during the crash, leaving her without the means of taking in the sight of the damage. The smell of burning was strong to her nose, as was the smell of plasma. The sound of metal creaking as it cooled from their burning entry into the atmosphere seemed loud and close.

She shifted her limbs one by one, testing for breaks. Her ribs seemed to be the worst and she suspected a few fractures there. The rest of her body hurt, but there didn't seem to be anything seriously damaged. Heavily bruised, probably, perhaps one or two minor fractures, but nothing that required immediate attention. Her movements also told her that she was still firmly strapped into her chair, but with one arm caught under her, there was little she could do to free herself.

Her thoughts quickly turned to the other occupant of the shuttle, a young Trill Ensign who had been assigned as her pilot despite the fact that she was perfectly capable of flying herself out to join the Phoenix on a diplomatic mission. Unfortunately, that was something that one had to accept with the rank.

"Ensign? Ensign Kaz, are you conscious? Are you hurt?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2015 11:17 pm

In the course of the accident Leela had been struck in the abdomen by a piece of flying debris. It hurt but she didn't think it was anything serious. "I'm here Admiral. I think I may be sore tomorrow." She let out a slight chuckle. It was characteristic of her to make a joke in a time of undue stress. She noticed that the Admiral was caught in her restraints. She located a piece of sharp debris. "I'm going to cut your restraint, hold still." She used the debris and began to work her way through the restraint. With one last push the restrain gave way and fell to the side.

"Ah!" She shrieked. "Maybe I'm not okay." She fell to the deck plating clutching her abdomen. "Its not me Admiral... Its the symbiont. I ... I can't feel them. Something is wrong." A look of panic flooded her eyes. To any joined Trill. The life and well being of the symbiont was paramount.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Once Leela had cut the restraints, Rachel tumbled out of her tilted chair onto what was left of the deck plates of the shuttle. She groaned slightly, pushing herself into a sitting position before her head snapped around to where the sound of pain had come from.

"Ensign, do not move," she warned, remembering that, as a joined Trill, the survival of the symbiont was of the utmost importance, even if it meant the death of the host. "I need you to direct me to either a tricorder or, preferably my VISOR. Can you see them?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 12:27 pm

Leela quickly noticed the visor near the Admiral. She began to defy the admirals instructions and reach for it. As she began to move a stabbing pain shot through her abdomen and quickly moved to the rest of her body. "Okay, good idea, ill just sit here. You're visor is on the deck plating, about a meter or so to your left." She groaned again as thee pain become overwhelming.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 12:48 pm

With Leela's directions, Rachel quickly located her VISOR and clipped into place without bothering to run a diagnostic on it. She didn't have the time. In any case, colour burst across her mind as it always did, so she thought nothing more of it. Instead, she looked to the young Ensign, using the VISOR's capabilities to scan her. It wasn't anywhere near as detailed as a medical tricorder, but it was enough to get an idea of what was happening. She could see the symbiont inside Leela, something that had always been a little disconcerting to Rachel, but she ignored that.

"Kaz is still alive," she reassured Leela, reading the symbiont's vitals. That was enough to sooth the admiral long enough for her to get shakily to her feet and find a medkit. She had never been so glad that her speciality as a security officer had been search and rescue. At least she had a basic knowledge of medicine and good first aid skills. Quickly locating a cartridge of painkiller that was safe for joined Trill, she clipped it into the hypospray and injected it into Leela's neck before pulling out a medical tricorder and starting a more detailed scan.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 2:00 pm

An audible sigh of relief escaped from Leela as the painkillers kicked in. "That's better. Thank you." She looked up to the Admiral from her spot on the deck plating "Something is very wrong Admiral. I can't remember any of it. I'm cut off from the symbiont." She paused and lowered her head. "I feel so alone."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 2:52 pm

Rachel didn't really know what to do to reassure the young Trill. Counselling was not a strong point of hers and her upbringing among the Vulcans gave her a diminished empathy. Thankkfully, the medical tricorder beeped to signal that it had finished its scan, saving her from having to make promises about Leela's well-being that she wasn't sure she could keep.

It gave the admiral a measure of relief to see on the tricorder that there was no life-threatening trauma to the symbiont, a piece of news that she was certain would reassure Leela.

"Kaz is just concussed and a little bruised.. There's no sign of internal bleeding or severe damage to the symbiont. It'll take some time for it to recover and re-establish the link with you."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 3:42 pm

Leela smiled at the assertion that she was going to be alright. She looked up to the Admiral. "If I'm going to be alright then why do I feel like death." She chuckled and then let out a cough. With the cough an intense pain overtook her body again. "We've got to get the hell out of here before we suffocate." Leela attempted to stand but she fell back to the deck plating.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 6:32 pm

"Likely because we have just crash landed on a planet. I think such events warrant feeling quite sorry for yourself," Rachel muttered in return before looking around the shuttle to see if getting out was going to be a possibility since Leela was right. They needed to get out of the shuttle and take stock of their situation in its entirety.

Getting to her feet again, she moved to the hatch, glad to see that the crash had already freed it part way. Wedging her arm into the gap, she forced it further open and poked her head out. "Dense foliage, high humidity levels. No outstanding signs of civilisation. Can you move?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 2:09 am

"I think." Leela replied. She pushed herself up and slowly worked her way onto her feet. Every motion was more difficult than the previous one. She managed to hobble a few painful steps before succumbing to the discomfort. She attempted to sit back down but lost her balance and fell into the admiral, catching herself on her shoulders. She took a deep breathe while leaning on the admiral. "Well... I was always told the best way to move up was to get close to the admiralty. This probably wasn't what they had in mind? Huh?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 11:18 am

Once again, Deacon raised an eyebrow at the Trill as she seemed to try to make a joke, but she was far more concerned about the fact that Leela was still in a lot of pain despite the painkiller.

Setting her face into a determined expression, she pulled Leela's arm around her shoulders, taking the majority of the Trill's weight as she stepped out of the shuttle and into what seemed to be a tropical jungle.

"I believe I spotted a cave not far from here. We will be able to take shelter there."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 2:41 am

"Sounds good." She replied to Deacon. She attempted to take on more of her own weight and was somewhat successful. As the pair exited the craft the humidity of the tropical climate crashed into her like the shuttle had hit the planets surface. Sweat seemed to instantaneously develop. "Oh my god, all this humidity and me without conditioner? This planet is going to play hell on my hair." The Admiral seemed to lack the ability to appreciate the Trills jokes but somehow bad jokes always seemed to make her feel better in dire situations. She knew she had Juval to thank for that. Prior to joining Leela had always been a serious individual, not unlike the Admiral. Joining seemed to have given the young woman a new perspective on life. "You can take point. I'll hobble alone behind you." She grimaced with each movement. The pain seemed to be written all over her face.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 14, 2015 5:12 pm

Deacon narrowed her eyes slightly at the Trill as she suggested that Rachel go ahead and scout out the terrain. The suggestion amused her almost as much as the joke Leela had attempted to crack.

"I will do no such thing," she replied firmly. Since they were still only a couple of paces away from the shuttle, she ordered Leela to stay put. Ducking back into the wrecked shuttle, she quickly packed up the medkit, grabbed the one phaser rifle and a hand phaser as well as as many rations as she could pack into the kit. Before stepping back out, she activated the emergency homing beacon. It would take a few days for someone to send help, but at least they would be able to find them eventually.

Leaving the shell of the shuttle, Rachel once again pulled Leela's arm around her shoulders to help support the Trill.

"Come on, it should not take us long to reach the cave.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 10:36 pm

"If you insist Admiral." Leela embraced Rachels shoulder as they made their move away from the wreckage of the crashed shuttlecraft. "When we get to the cave ill see what I can do about getting a transmission off this planet. Maybe I can tie a communicator into the transmission from the homing signal." Keeping her mind busy on engineering problems seemed to help her forget the pain for a moment.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 5:36 pm

Rachel was relieved that she hadn't allowed her promotions to flag officer to become an excuse not to keep herself in good physical condition, otherwise the trek to the cave would have been far harder. As it was, she was out of breath by the time they got to the shelter.

Carefully, she helped Leela to sit on the ground, rummaging in the pack she had put together to pull out the medical tricorder and scan the Trill again.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 10:00 pm

As the admiral lowered Leela to the floor of the cave the Trill reached for her mid section again. The journey seemed to take days and her tolerance for pain had reached its limit. "Thank you Admiral." Leela coughed. "Although I would like to lodge a formal complaint about these accommodations. Is it too late to request a new room?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 8:31 pm

Once again, Leela's joke seemed to go in one of the Admiral's ears and straight out the other side without leaving much behind it bar a sense of faint irritation that the only thing the Trill seemed capable of at that point were illogical and useless attempts at humour.

Deciding that the best course of action to prevent further jokes was to simply pretend that they didn't exist, Rachel ignored the attempt and continued: "I brought the medkit from the shuttle if you need more pain relief, as well as ration packs. It may be some time before they are able to find us."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:00 pm

It was quite obvious that Rachel wasn't enjoying Leela's odd sense of humor but it was the only coping mechanism that she had. She shifted her weight slightly and was able to sit up. "I think I'm starting to feel a little better. I'm starting to regain the memories. The symbiont seems to be working out some of the issues on its own. Can you take another scan of the symbiont?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2015 8:14 pm

Nodding in acknowledgement of what the Trill was saying, Rachel flipped open the tricorder she had retrieved from the pack and started to scan Leela. Her VISOR told her bits and pieces about her physiological condition, but she needed the detailed analysis that the tricorder could give her in order to get a proper idea.

The tricorder bleeped quietly when it had finished taking its scan. "You are correct, the imbalance caused by the concussion is beginning to resolve itself. You'll need more time before you find the same connection you had before the accident, another few hours or so. I suggest that you try not to move too much in the meantime."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 2:37 am

The Trill attempted to sit up but was soon thrown back to the ground in pain. "I don't think you have to worry about me moving too much." She groaned with the pain. "I could use some water, maybe one of the emergency rations?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2015 8:00 pm

Reaching back into the medkit, Rachel pulled out one of the water ration pouches she had taken from the shuttle and handed it to the Trill. In the back of her mind, she noted that she would be better off taking a tricorder with her and going in search of fresh water, to conserve their rations in case there was no other option.

"Help will be several days in coming,even if they did pick up the automated distress signal," she warned.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2015 12:44 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:
Reaching back into the medkit, Rachel pulled out one of the water ration pouches she had taken from the shuttle and handed it to the Trill.  In the back of her mind, she noted that she would be better off taking a tricorder with her and going in search of fresh water, to conserve their rations in case there was no other option.

"Help will be several days in coming,even if they did pick up the automated distress signal," she warned.

Leela accepted the rations and gave a slight nod. She worked to elevate herself to a sitting position. Every centimeter seemed to bring more pain then the one before. As she reached a sitting position she breathed a sigh of relief. "Well, that was fun." She tore open the ration pack and took a bite. A look of disdain filled her face. "I'm not sure what this is supposed to be, but its terrible." She looked down at the wrapping to read the contents. "This is a chocolate flavored nutrient bar?" She threw the wrapper to the ground and turned her attention to the distress call.

"I never got confirmation that the signal got out. Should we get the comm unit from the ship? I'm sure I could get it up and running."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 4:13 pm

Picking up the wrapper and returning it to the medkit so as not to litter the planet, Rachel sat down on the cave floor, her spine straighter than a tritanium rod.

"I checked the console before we left. The signal was dispatched, I believe, but I am not sure how long the shuttle's batteries will last. We are still at the mercy of someone receiving the distress call rapidly."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]   SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SOS [MAH1] [Deacon/Kaz]
Page 1 of 1