Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Revelations [Stark/Zero]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:33 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero's pale eyebrows furrowed slightly in confusion as she listened to Stark.  What he was telling her, while similar to the efforts of the handful of people who were aware of her situation, clashed with what she had always been told by Starfleet, what she had been lead to believe to be true.

She shook her head slowly, trying not to set off another headache.  "That... that is not what has been taught to me in my time with Admiral Corinth.  I am, to adopt his words, an unnatural occurrence, the illegal product of an unbalanced mind, nothing more than an amalgamation of cells that belong in a test tube.  I have no rights because I should not exist.  I should have been destroyed along with the rest of the doctor's work."

He didn't know this Corinth personally, but Corman was starting to feel like he wouldn't like him. The Federation was one of the most advanced cultures in known space, but sometimes true sociopaths - like the ones that take the time to create advanced life, make sure its in the form of an attractive teenage girl, and then spend years feeding said girl the line that they should live in a form of chattel slavery - slipped through the cracks. It was anathema to the very core of everything, but it was no less true.

"Look," Stark answered, shrugging. "I don't mean to be insensitive to your situation, but the fact is...a lot of people are taught pure bullshit. That doesn't make it any less bullshit just because it was what they were taught and it's what they believe."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 4:06 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
He didn't know this Corinth personally, but Corman was starting to feel like he wouldn't like him.  The Federation was one of the most advanced cultures in known space, but sometimes true sociopaths - like the ones that take the time to create advanced life, make sure its in the form of an attractive teenage girl, and then spend years feeding said girl the line that they should live in a form of chattel slavery - slipped through the cracks.  It was anathema to the very core of everything, but it was no less true.

"Look," Stark answered, shrugging.  "I don't mean to be insensitive to your situation, but the fact is...a lot of people are taught pure bullshit.  That doesn't make it any less bullshit just because it was what they were taught and it's what they believe."

Zero shrugged one shoulder as she listened to Stark, although she still kept her eyes averted from him. Her posture might have relaxed, but there was still a ways to go.

"I am aware of my superiority. That has never been in doubt. The utmost care and scrutiny was applied to every gene in my genetic structure in order to ensure such a thing. That there are those who fear me because of that fact should be no concern of mine. However, because I am under their guardianship and unlikely to ever be otherwise, those who fear me so are those who may do with me as they wish."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:12 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero shrugged one shoulder as she listened to Stark, although she still kept her eyes averted from him.  Her posture might have relaxed, but there was still a ways to go.

"I am aware of my superiority.  That has never been in doubt.  The utmost care and scrutiny was applied to every gene in my genetic structure in order to ensure such a thing.  That there are those who fear me because of that fact should be no concern of mine.  However, because I am under their guardianship and unlikely to ever be otherwise, those who fear me so are those who may do with me as they wish."

It was becoming clearly evident why sometimes people found conversations with Zero Alpha to be an exercise in patience and endurance. Stark sighed, standing up from the chair and starting to pace the room. "Are we talking about your superiority? Look, whatever you are, you're a sentient life-form." This had the makings of a circular argument, and Stark was definitely not looking forward to that.

He turned toward the door, planning to end the meeting and confer with the medical staff on the issue, when he suddenly stopped. "Lieutenant..." Stark said, his voice slow and quiet. "What do you mean, exactly...'do with as they wish'?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 10:27 am

Corman Stark wrote:
It was becoming clearly evident why sometimes people found conversations with Zero Alpha to be an exercise in patience and endurance.  Stark sighed, standing up from the chair and starting to pace the room.  "Are we talking about your superiority?  Look, whatever you are, you're a sentient life-form."  This had the makings of a circular argument, and Stark was definitely not looking forward to that.

He turned toward the door, planning to end the meeting and confer with the medical staff on the issue, when he suddenly stopped.  "Lieutenant..." Stark said, his voice slow and quiet.  "What do you mean, exactly...'do with as they wish'?"

"Exactly as the phrase indicates, Admiral," Zero replied, looking up at him. Or rather, looking at his boots. They were shiny boots, and it was easier than looking up at the man himself. "I am not aware of all of his intended procedures. For the moment, they have included the placement of a permanent tracking device and the development of certain psychological triggers. I have been informed that once my body has finished its physical physical development, a sterilisation operation will be performed in order to ensure that I do not propagate a race of Augments."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 1:18 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"Exactly as the phrase indicates, Admiral," Zero replied, looking up at him.  Or rather, looking at his boots.  They were shiny boots, and it was easier than looking up at the man himself.  "I am not aware of all of his intended procedures.  For the moment, they have included the placement of a permanent tracking device and the development of certain psychological triggers.  I have been informed that once my body has finished its physical physical development, a sterilisation operation will be performed in order to ensure that I do not propagate a race of Augments."

"Physical development?" Stark asked, frowning. "You're what, twenty-three? Twenty-five? Excuse this old sec/tac hand for not being a medical whiz, but I'd say you're probably done growing." He crossed his arms, tapping his foot. "As for tracking devices, I'm sure we can find a way to remove it. If not here, someone can."

Stark moved again toward the doorframe, resting his hand against the frame as it slid open. "I will confer with Admiral Deacon on this, Lieutenant." Corman stepped closer to Zero, the door closing again. "I will not have one of my officers held virtual prisoner." His tone of voice made it sound like Corinth and Starfleet Medical's sins were a direct assault on him, too.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 1:57 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
"Physical development?" Stark asked, frowning.  "You're what, twenty-three?  Twenty-five?  Excuse this old sec/tac hand for not being a medical whiz, but I'd say you're probably done growing."  He crossed his arms, tapping his foot.  "As for tracking devices, I'm sure we can find a way to remove it.  If not here, someone can."  

Stark moved again toward the doorframe, resting his hand against the frame as it slid open.  "I will confer with Admiral Deacon on this, Lieutenant."  Corman stepped closer to Zero, the door closing again.  "I will not have one of my officers held virtual prisoner."  His tone of voice made it sound like Corinth and Starfleet Medical's sins were a direct assault on him, too.  

Zero shrugged one shoulder, wincing slightly as the movement reminded her that she still had healing to do, even though the injuries themselves had been healed under the care of the medical team. They could heal just about everything, but the body often continued to believe that it hadn't been for a few days, leaving phantom pain.

"It is uncertain as of yet whether I have reached physical maturity. My previous rounds of tests suggested that while I am close, I have not yet reached that point," she replied. "The tracking device has been implanted in my pericardium and contains an explosive element."

The thought that he was going to discuss her case with Deacon concerned her slightly, but she nodded meekly. "I... appreciate your efforts as I do the few who are attempting to assist me fulfill the exit clause of my guardianship."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 2:19 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero shrugged one shoulder, wincing slightly as the movement reminded her that she still had healing to do, even though the injuries themselves had been healed under the care of the medical team.  They could heal just about everything, but the body often continued to believe that it hadn't been for a few days, leaving phantom pain.

"It is uncertain as of yet whether I have reached physical maturity.  My previous rounds of tests suggested that while I am close, I have not yet reached that point," she replied.  "The tracking device has been implanted in my pericardium and contains an explosive element."

The thought that he was going to discuss her case with Deacon concerned her slightly, but she nodded meekly.  "I... appreciate your efforts as I do the few who are attempting to assist me fulfill the exit clause of my guardianship."

"Eh," Stark said, waving a hand.  "Look, I don't know a lot about devices like that, but I guarantee someone does.  We have an entire Federation full of eggheads who worry about crap like that.  However clever this Corinth is, you can bet your ass that someone is better."  It wasn't a simple boast.  More like a fact.  Corinth may always have the upper hand in dealing with a scared lab-rat of a teenager, but when the full like of revelation was cast on him?  Well, roaches often scattered when that happened.

He paused for a moment, thinking.  "What would the exit clause be?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 2:58 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
"Eh," Stark said, waving a hand.  "Look, I don't know a lot about devices like that, but I guarantee someone does.  We have an entire Federation full of eggheads who worry about crap like that.  However clever this Corinth is, you can bet your ass that someone is better."  It wasn't a simple boast.  More like a fact.  Corinth may always have the upper hand in dealing with a scared lab-rat of a teenager, but when the full like of revelation was cast on him?  Well, roaches often scattered when that happened.

He paused for a moment, thinking.  "What would the exit clause be?"

Once again, Zero's voice took on a robotic quality as she recited what she had researched and eventually decided what was beyond her capabilities.

"Once the subject reach the point where it is capable of acting as a mature adult, as well as being a contributing member of society without arousing suspicion as to its origins, nor posing any danger to the Federation, it will no longer be required to exist under the guardianship of Admiral Corinth and his team."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 3:40 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Once again, Zero's voice took on a robotic quality as she recited what she had researched and eventually decided what was beyond her capabilities.

"Once the subject reach the point where it is capable of acting as a mature adult, as well as being a contributing member of society without arousing suspicion as to its origins, nor posing any danger to the Federation, it will no longer be required to exist under the guardianship of Admiral Corinth and his team."

"I see," was all Stark said, nodding once. "I'm surprised he didn't include 'also so the subject doesn't rat me out and make sure they bury my ass in a Federation penal colony'..." He shook his head, sighing again. "Augmentation is illegal, yes...but the only crime committed was by Corinth, or whoever else helped make you. Your existence itself is ex post facto accessory to the crime...but you're not illegal."

He took a step toward the door again. "Thank you for the chat, Lieutenant. I'll keep in touch."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 4:03 pm

Corman Stark wrote:
"I see," was all Stark said, nodding once.  "I'm surprised he didn't include 'also so the subject doesn't rat me out and make sure they bury my ass in a Federation penal colony'..."  He shook his head, sighing again.  "Augmentation is illegal, yes...but the only crime committed was by Corinth, or whoever else helped make you.  Your existence itself is ex post facto accessory to the crime...but you're not illegal."

He took a step toward the door again.  "Thank you for the chat, Lieutenant.  I'll keep in touch."

Although she still looked a little unsure, Zero nodded slowly. Teachings of years weren't erased in a matter of hours or days, but Jiseth, Gavin and now Leela had or were working hard to do just that.

"Thank you, Admiral," she said in a quiet voice. "I believe that Captain T'Koris and Ensign Kaz may be able to tell you more about the situation if it continues to be of interest."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revelations [Stark/Zero]   Revelations [Stark/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Revelations [Stark/Zero]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2