Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way

Go down 
+7
Leela Kaz
Ilana Telak
Kintiss
Persephone M'Rai
Archangel T'Koris
Kejal Buris
Julia Rellek
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 03, 2016 7:03 pm

[Transporter Room 1]
Quote :
Kristen sat on the floor surrounded by components of the transporter system. Her hair was disheveled and her uniform jacket had been unzipped in the name of comfort. "I'm not sure Lieutenant." Her head fell into her hand in desperation. "I'm not even able to get the diagnostic systems online to tell me what the hell is happening."

Buris looked at her, and leaned against the transporter console. He took a deep breath and watched her closely. This was one of those few moments he despised leadership. He wanted to just jump in and fix the problem, but the biggest problem here that he saw... was Ensign Young. "Ensign, you are a Starfleet officer - and an Operations officer to boot. You were trained to deal with situations far bleaker than this. Don't get emotional, just get it done. The diagnostic equipment isn't coming online. Pull out your tricorder and take a reading. Call down to Cargo Bay 2, have them bring a new diagnostic terminal up here and bring this one down to Engineering to be repaired. You didn't pass Academy and the commission exam by putting your head in your hands and feeling sorry for yourself."

He took a step forward, looking over the devices pulled from the transporter, not pulling his tricorder - he'd ordered her to do it. It was about making a point. She might be a junior officer on the ship, but she was the one doing the work here; he was trying to learn to be hands-off. It was a hard lesson. Then again, he needed to constantly remind himself that not everyone entered Starfleet with the lifetime of experience he did.

He glanced at where the comm voice was coming from. =/\="We're seeing a bunch of totally useless hardware, frankly, Kaz. As Ensign Young pointed out, the damned diagnostic equipment isn't even coming online for us."=/\=

He didn't mention a rank - he wasn't here to pull rank on her, he was just here to try and work. And to help poor Young.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 4:13 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
When the Selay came back out of his office, she looked up, smiling slightly.  With the attention to detail so inherent in her species, she picked up immediately on the change in his rank.  Her smile grew and she inclined her head to him.

"C-c-congratulations," she said before going on to answer his question.  "Y-y-yes, I th-th-think I'm d-d-due.  Is th-th-this th-th-the n-n-new d-d-dose?" Since it was still a very new course of medication, a lot of tailoring had to be done to ensure that she was getting the right dose of the right medications.  Of course, the tailoring took time and was, essentially, a case of trial and error.

[Sickbay]

"Sssssigma recommended this one to me," Kintiss nodded as he loaded the spray with a dull grey chemical. "Ssssaid it reducesss irritation and sssuppresssessss the rejection." He hadn't tried this one yet, but he figured now was as good a time as any to see what it did. He'd had it run through a quick scan to detect any elements toxic or harmful to Cardassians in particular. So far, it checked out.

He smiled as Telak noticed his shiny new pip. "Thank you," he said as he lifted the spray to her neck and injected it. "Jusssst came out of nowhere, and ssso did the promotion to Chief Med. Let me know if you feel any irritation," he added as he put down the empty hypospray.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 4:41 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"Sssssigma recommended this one to me," Kintiss nodded as he loaded the spray with a dull grey chemical. "Ssssaid it reducesss irritation and sssuppresssessss the rejection." He hadn't tried this one yet, but he figured now was as good a time as any to see what it did. He'd had it run through a quick scan to detect any elements toxic or harmful to Cardassians in particular. So far, it checked out.

He smiled as Telak noticed his shiny new pip. "Thank you," he said as he lifted the spray to her neck and injected it. "Jusssst came out of nowhere, and ssso did the promotion to Chief Med. Let me know if you feel any irritation," he added as he put down the empty hypospray.

[Sickbay]

As Kintiss lifted the hypo to her neck, Ilana tilted her head away, using her hand to push back her short bob of hair to give him a clearer shot. She grimaced as she felt the medication being forced through the dermal barrier and into her bloodstream, rubbing the injection site with her hand to ease the sting once Kintiss had withdrawn the hypo.

She nodded briefly in acknowledgement of his instructions about any possible irritations from the medication, then offered him a slight smile. "T-t-to b-b-be h-h-honest, I th-th-think m-m-most of th-th-the m-m-medical d-d-department r-r-recommended y-y-you f-f-for th-th-the p-position."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 6:09 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
As Kintiss lifted the hypo to her neck, Ilana tilted her head away, using her hand to push back her short bob of hair to give him a clearer shot.  She grimaced as she felt the medication being forced through the dermal barrier and into her bloodstream, rubbing the injection site with her hand to ease the sting once Kintiss had withdrawn the hypo.

She nodded briefly in acknowledgement of his instructions about any possible irritations from the medication, then offered him a slight smile.  "T-t-to b-b-be h-h-honest, I th-th-think m-m-most of th-th-the m-m-medical d-d-department r-r-recommended y-y-you f-f-for th-th-the p-position."

[Sickbay]

Kintiss' first instinct was to go "Why did they do that?" Honestly, all he'd done was work hard and get things done as efficiently as possible. Thanks to a constant supply of Raktajinos, he'd been able to keep up with everyone else, since Selay naturally didn't have much energy. Still, to hear something like that from the lips of a fellow medical officer had an effect on him that hearing it from someone like the Captain didn't.

He felt...well, he didn't know how to say it exactly. It was a good feeling. Not only was he grateful to the Captain for giving him this honour, but he was twice as thankful to the medical staff for recommending him.

"That'ssss good to know," he smiled.
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2016 7:18 pm

Kintiss wrote:
Kintiss' first instinct was to go "Why did they do that?" Honestly, all he'd done was work hard and get things done as efficiently as possible. Thanks to a constant supply of Raktajinos, he'd been able to keep up with everyone else, since Selay naturally didn't have much energy. Still, to hear something like that from the lips of a fellow medical officer had an effect on him that hearing it from someone like the Captain didn't.

He felt...well, he didn't know how to say it exactly. It was a good feeling. Not only was he grateful to the Captain for giving him this honour, but he was twice as thankful to the medical staff for recommending him.

"That'ssss good to know," he smiled.

[Sickbay]

"Y-y-you've d-d-done a l-l-lot of g-g-good w-w-work," Ilana replied honestly, hopping off the biobed. "It's b-b-been n-n-noticed." For a moment, she seemed to stumble, but rapidly found her footing again. The medication was working its way rapidly through her system to her implant as it was supposed to, although she had found from time to time that it took longer than she anticipated.

"I'm g-g-glad f-f-for y-y-you. Y-you d-d-deserve it after e-everything y-y-you've d-done."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 11:15 am

Kejal Buris wrote:
[Transporter Room 1]

Buris looked at her, and leaned against the transporter console.  He took a deep breath and watched her closely.  This was one of those few moments he despised leadership.  He wanted to just jump in and fix the problem, but the biggest problem here that he saw... was Ensign Young.  "Ensign, you are a Starfleet officer - and an Operations officer to boot.  You were trained to deal with situations far bleaker than this.  Don't get emotional, just get it done.  The diagnostic equipment isn't coming online.  Pull out your tricorder and take a reading.  Call down to Cargo Bay 2, have them bring a new diagnostic terminal up here and bring this one down to Engineering to be repaired.  You didn't pass Academy and the commission exam by putting your head in your hands and feeling sorry for yourself."

He took a step forward, looking over the devices pulled from the transporter, not pulling his tricorder - he'd ordered her to do it.  It was about making a point.  She might be a junior officer on the ship, but she was the one doing the work here; he was trying to learn to be hands-off.  It was a hard lesson.  Then again, he needed to constantly remind himself that not everyone entered Starfleet with the lifetime of experience he did.

He glanced at where the comm voice was coming from.  =/\="We're seeing a bunch of totally useless hardware, frankly, Kaz.  As Ensign Young pointed out, the damned diagnostic equipment isn't even coming online for us."=/\=

He didn't mention a rank - he wasn't here to pull rank on her, he was just here to try and work.  And to help poor Young.

=/\=Acknowledge Lieutenant, let me see what I can do.=/\= She stepped away and pulled up the diagnostics systems for the transporter. Everything looked okay. =/\=Engineering to transporter room one. I don't see any problems with the software. It must be the diagnostic hardware. The diagnostics of the diagnostics says its working.=/\= She giggled at the obviously verbose nature of her statement.
Back to top Go down
Kristen Young
Ensign
Ensign

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2016 11:29 am

Kejal Buris wrote:
[Transporter Room 1]

Buris looked at her, and leaned against the transporter console.  He took a deep breath and watched her closely.  This was one of those few moments he despised leadership.  He wanted to just jump in and fix the problem, but the biggest problem here that he saw... was Ensign Young.  "Ensign, you are a Starfleet officer - and an Operations officer to boot.  You were trained to deal with situations far bleaker than this.  Don't get emotional, just get it done.  The diagnostic equipment isn't coming online.  Pull out your tricorder and take a reading.  Call down to Cargo Bay 2, have them bring a new diagnostic terminal up here and bring this one down to Engineering to be repaired.  You didn't pass Academy and the commission exam by putting your head in your hands and feeling sorry for yourself."

He took a step forward, looking over the devices pulled from the transporter, not pulling his tricorder - he'd ordered her to do it.  It was about making a point.  She might be a junior officer on the ship, but she was the one doing the work here; he was trying to learn to be hands-off.  It was a hard lesson.  Then again, he needed to constantly remind himself that not everyone entered Starfleet with the lifetime of experience he did.

He glanced at where the comm voice was coming from.  =/\="We're seeing a bunch of totally useless hardware, frankly, Kaz.  As Ensign Young pointed out, the damned diagnostic equipment isn't even coming online for us."=/\=

He didn't mention a rank - he wasn't here to pull rank on her, he was just here to try and work.  And to help poor Young.

Kristen looked up to Burks, disappointment flooding her face. "Who said anything about feeling sorry for oneself. I am a trained operations officer. Whose damned
idea was it to put me down here in the transporter room." She thought about Deacon for a moment and everything that had transpired in her time on Athena. She couldn't imagine what was going through Deacons mind when she made this decision.
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 12:07 am

Quote :
Kristen looked up to Burks, disappointment flooding her face. "Who said anything about feeling sorry for oneself. I am a trained operations officer. Whose damned idea was it to put me down here in the transporter room." She thought about Deacon for a moment and everything that had transpired in her time on Athena. She couldn't imagine what was going through Deacons mind when she made this decision.

Buris looked at her and actually bit his lip to hold back his initial comment. This woman was getting under his skin. "I haven't changed the duty assignments since I took over the department, Ensign. It was either Chief Callan or Commander Rellek who decided you should be in here. If you need to talk about it, we'll discuss the matter when this is done and see about getting you rotated. In the meantime, we have a malfunctioning transporter and malfunctioning diagnostic equipment. Now, I suggested you call Cargo Bay 2, I'm going to do so again, emphatically. You're the one assigned here and you know which parts are failing; you can place the work order to bring us equipment."

He reached down to his belt and pulled out his tricorder, sweeping it over the room to see if he could identify any anomalous reading that would be giving Young hell.
Back to top Go down
Kristen Young
Ensign
Ensign

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 1:45 am

Kejal Buris wrote:

Buris looked at her and actually bit his lip to hold back his initial comment.  This woman was getting under his skin.  "I haven't changed the duty assignments since I took over the department, Ensign.  It was either Chief Callan or Commander Rellek who decided you should be in here.  If you need to talk about it, we'll discuss the matter when this is done and see about getting you rotated.  In the meantime, we have a malfunctioning transporter and malfunctioning diagnostic equipment.  Now, I suggested you call Cargo Bay 2, I'm going to do so again, emphatically.  You're the one assigned here and you know which parts are failing; you can place the work order to bring us equipment."

He reached down to his belt and pulled out his tricorder, sweeping it over the room to see if he could identify any anomalous reading that would be giving Young hell.

"You're right Lieutenant." She got up and moved to the transporter control console and requested new diagnostic equipment. With the request entered she looked to Kejal and shrugged slightly. "To hell with it." She stated. "I ordered an entirely new diagnostic system. We're going to replace the whole damned thing. And if that doesn't work ill requisition the transporter from the Souterland." She let out a slight chuckle and stepped out from behind the console.
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2016 11:46 pm

Buris nodded appreciatively of Young's reaction to the situation - finally. With her more productive outlook on the situation, he stepped in to help, removing the old diagnostic unit and putting it beside the door. Still, he glanced at the clock on his tricorder - the two hours to arrival were counting down quicker than he'd have liked. When she commented on stealing the transporter from the Souterland, he couldn't help but smile.

"Personally, I'd call for the Wellington if it came to that - but I'll take the suggestion under advisement. I wonder how Captain T'Koris would take it if we decided we need to, ah, borrow a transporter from another Fleet vessel, or should I say, how long until I'd stop hearing about it."

He crouched on the ground beside the dismantled parts, running this tricorder over the unit to try and at least get a surface-level diagnostic.
Back to top Go down
Elena Tarunt
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 3:30 pm

[Bridge]

The turbolift doors opened, and Elena walked through, onto the Bridge. It was the first time she had gone onto the Bridge of the Pheonix, after all she was quite new to the assignment here. She glanced about, quickly taking note of her surroundings before she spotted the Captain. Thankfully, she was able to read the public file, and knew generally who the main department heads and Commanding Officers were. That, and the rank pips of the uniform generally gave it away.

"Captain?" She said carefully once she approached, trying to make sure she wasn't interrupting anything. "I'm Petty Officer Elena Tarunt, I've just been assigned here, one of the Lefttenants suggested I introduce myself to you." She explained with her pronounciation of Lieutenant coming over what Starfleet tried to teach her, as she wondered just how sound that advice that Officer gave had been.
Back to top Go down
http://dictator-class-captain.tumblr.com
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 5:41 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
"Y-y-you've d-d-done a l-l-lot of g-g-good w-w-work," Ilana replied honestly, hopping off the biobed.  "It's b-b-been n-n-noticed."  For a moment, she seemed to stumble, but rapidly found her footing again.  The medication was working its way rapidly through her system to her implant as it was supposed to, although she had found from time to time that it took longer than she anticipated.  

"I'm g-g-glad f-f-for y-y-you.  Y-you d-d-deserve it after e-everything y-y-you've d-done."

[Sickbay]

"That'ssss very kind of you," Kintiss smiled. "Though, the Captain mentioned I might regret it when I get ssssick of the paperwork." As if he wasn't sick of it already. Still, he got a strange sense of pleasure out of the idea of divvying out assignments. One of the many corruptions of power. He had to at least be responsible with it.

"I would have thought ssshe would pick you," he admitted. "You or Thelossss." Both of them had been on the ship for longer than he had. They had more opportunities to prove themselves than he had. And yet the Captain went for him. That made him happy, in a sense. While the workload would probably be the death of him, he was looking forward to the challenge.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 5:54 pm

Elena Tarunt wrote:
"Captain?" She said carefully once she approached, trying to make sure she wasn't interrupting anything. "I'm Petty Officer Elena Tarunt, I've just been assigned here, one of the Lefttenants suggested I introduce myself to you." She explained with her pronounciation of Lieutenant coming over what Starfleet tried to teach her, as she wondered just how sound that advice that Officer gave had been.

[Bridge]

Looking up at the sound of someone coming onto the bridge, Archangel found herself faced with an unfamiliar member of her crew. Ah yes, one of the new transfers the ship had taken on when they stopped off at the Starbase.

"Welcome to the Phoenix, Petty Officer," Archangel replied, inclining her head to the newcomer. "Take the second security console. I get the impression that we might need a second pair of hands up there."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2016 6:11 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"That'ssss very kind of you," Kintiss smiled. "Though, the Captain mentioned I might regret it when I get ssssick of the paperwork." As if he wasn't sick of it already. Still, he got a strange sense of pleasure out of the idea of divvying out assignments. One of the many corruptions of power. He had to at least be responsible with it.

"I would have thought ssshe would pick you," he admitted. "You or Thelossss." Both of them had been on the ship for longer than he had. They had more opportunities to prove themselves than he had. And yet the Captain went for him. That made him happy, in a sense. While the workload would probably be the death of him, he was looking forward to the challenge.

[Sickbay]

The Cardassian gave a soft smile, shaking her head at the thought of her being Chief Medical Officer. "N-n-no, I d-d-don't th-th-think I'm c-c-cut out t-t-to b-b-be Ch-ch-chief," she replied. "I'm l-l-lucky enough t-t-to s-s-still b-be in th-th-the s-s-service g-g-given m-m-my implant t-t-trouble. In any c-c-case, I d-d-don't th-th-think th-the m-m-medics w-w-would l-l-like t-t-to h-h-have t-t-to l-l-listen t-t-to m-m-me all th-the t-t-time."

She couldn't help her smile growing slightly at the thought of all the extra paperwork Kintiss would now have to deal with. "Y-y-yeah, y-y-you're n-n-now r-r-responsible f-for m-m-making s-s-sure th-that all c-c-crewmembers g-g-get th-th-their ph-ph-physicals on t-t-time!"
Back to top Go down
Elena Tarunt
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 1:20 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Welcome to the Phoenix, Petty Officer," Archangel replied, inclining her head to the newcomer.  "Take the second security console.  I get the impression that we might need a second pair of hands up there."
[Bridge]

At the welcome, Elena gave a professional smile and nodded, though she was very briefly surprised when she was told to take the second security console. She was still new to the ship, but she didn't let herself hesitate and nodded. "Yes, Ma'am." She replied with an accepting nod before heading to the console. This certainly looked like it was going to be interesting.
Back to top Go down
http://dictator-class-captain.tumblr.com
NPC

NPC

Post of the Month - Mission

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2016 3:16 pm

Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 10663_agyeman-freema-150
Ensign Hannah McKinley
Junior Science Officer

[Bridge]

Standing on the bridge, while supposedly a fascinating and careerbuilding experience, was also generally one of the more boring shifts for a science officer.  Hannah herself would much rather be down in the labs with her experiments than standing monitoring the sensors, but bridge time was vital for any junior officer wanting to worm their way up the ranks.

At least, she had always thought it was boring, until a blip came up on those sensors.  Frowning, she tapped a few commands into the console, trying to pull up a clearer image of what it could be, but to no avail.

"Commander Rellek?" she called out.  "I'm picking up something on the sensors.  It's big, but it's not moving much and it's emitting some kind of radio signal.  Trying to clean up the image and transmission, but we're too far away and it's too distorted."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:21 pm

NPC wrote:
Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 10663_agyeman-freema-150
Ensign Hannah McKinley
Junior Science Officer

[Bridge]

Standing on the bridge, while supposedly a fascinating and careerbuilding experience, was also generally one of the more boring shifts for a science officer.  Hannah herself would much rather be down in the labs with her experiments than standing monitoring the sensors, but bridge time was vital for any junior officer wanting to worm their way up the ranks.

At least, she had always thought it was boring, until a blip came up on those sensors.  Frowning, she tapped a few commands into the console, trying to pull up a clearer image of what it could be, but to no avail.

"Commander Rellek?" she called out.  "I'm picking up something on the sensors.  It's big, but it's not moving much and it's emitting some kind of radio signal.  Trying to clean up the image and transmission, but we're too far away and it's too distorted."

Julia moved across the bridge to the science station and took up a position directly behind the young officer. "Let me take a look." She said as she began to access the sensor data. "I'm tying the lateral grid through the main deflector and switching to the lower EM bands. It looks like we're dealing with an ancient signal. Our sensors don't monitor this band." Static piped through the communications system. "Oh my word." Julia slipped under her breathe.

She turned her attention to T'koris. "Captain, I believe this massive object is some kind of space craft? We'll have to get within visual range to see what we're dealing with. But if I remember my early stellar history. I would venture to geuss that we are dealing with some type of massive solar powered vessel." She pointed to a small blip on her screen. "These remind me of the solar wings that the ancient Bajorans used?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 7:05 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Jullia moved across the bridge to the science station and took up a position directly behind the young officer. "Let me take a look." She said as she began to access the sensor data. "I'm tying the lateral grid through the main deflector and switching to the lower EM bands. It looks like we're dealing with an ancient signal. Our sensors don't monitor this band." Static piped through the communications system. "Oh my word." Julia slipped under her breathe.

She turned her attention to T'koris. "Captain, I believe this massive object is some kind of space craft? We'll have to get within visual range to see what we're dealing with. But if I remember my early stellar history. I would venture to geuss that we are dealing with some type of massive solar powered vessel." She pointed to a small blip on her screen. "These remind me of the solar wings that the ancient Bajorans used?"

[Bridge]

Hearing Julia's words, Archangel frowned slightly, moving up to stand next to her second in command and looking at the console. She vaguely remembered reading something about the solar powered vessels the ancient Bajorans had used in one of her Engineering journals.

"Security, run a detailed scan on that ship and try to clean up that transmission. It looks like it's adrift, but I'd rather not take any chances. Liaise with Engineering and Science. Helm, take us in a little closer, just on the edge of transporter range."
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 1:25 am

[Transporter Room]

Once the new diagnostic equipment was brought in, things finally seemed to be running smoothly andf the Transporter was on the mend under Ensign Young's hand. Buris decided that she'd gotten past the roadblock and started to head out of the small room.

He looked over his shoulder. "Ensign, if you have a problem, call me before contacting Engineering next time. And we all have bad days. Just breathe, focus, and get it working before the Captain calls."

He walked up to the Bridge, aiming to take back the Ops position - as much as he despised it at times, he'd sadly come to accept that this was his post on the ship during critical situations. Being Section Chief gave him a little more freedom of movement, but sadly this was where he now belonged.

An immediate glance at the viewscreen had Buris' eyes widen when he got back to his station and saw Rellek near it. "Transporters will be online momentarily, sirs. Aurora supplied us with faulty diagnostic terminals, which slowed the repair process. And am I the only one, or does that... thing out there look like an old sailboat?"

Of course, the word was a horridly butchered translation of a word in Ancient Bajoran, indicating the earlier solar-sailing vessels from immediate pre-Warp Bajor. He looked down at the Ops panel and started getting readings, pulling in data from across the ship.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:41 pm

Ilana Telak wrote:
She couldn't help her smile growing slightly at the thought of all the extra paperwork Kintiss would now have to deal with.  "Y-y-yeah, y-y-you're n-n-now r-r-responsible f-for m-m-making s-s-sure th-that all c-c-crewmembers g-g-get th-th-their ph-ph-physicals on t-t-time!"

[Sickbay]

"I thought I wassss resssponsssible for that anway," Kintiss joked. It normally came down to him to chase after people in order to administer physicals. He supposed that, this time, he could chase after people with a lot more authority, and whack them with serious consequences if they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 4:52 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:
He walked up to the Bridge, aiming to take back the Ops position - as much as he despised it at times, he'd sadly come to accept that this was his post on the ship during critical situations.  Being Section Chief gave him a little more freedom of movement, but sadly this was where he now belonged.

An immediate glance at the viewscreen had Buris' eyes widen when he got back to his station and saw Rellek near it.  "Transporters will be online momentarily, sirs.  Aurora supplied us with faulty diagnostic terminals, which slowed the repair process.  And am I the only one, or does that... thing out there look like an old sailboat?"

Of course, the word was a horridly butchered translation of a word in Ancient Bajoran, indicating the earlier solar-sailing vessels from immediate pre-Warp Bajor.  He looked down at the Ops panel and started getting readings, pulling in data from across the ship.

[Bridge]

"I'll make a note to have a word with them next time we're passing," Archangel replied, nodding in acknowledgement of Kejal's comment about the transporter rooms before getting back to the business of the strange structure drifting. "It definitely follows the design lines of one of the old Bajoran solar ships. I read a paper on them a while back, when Captain Sisko of DS9 built one and brought them to the attention of the SCE.

"Liaise with Engineering. They might be able to give you more details."
Back to top Go down
Ilana Telak
Ensign
Ensign

Purple Heart

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 13, 2016 5:09 pm

Kintiss wrote:
"I thought I wassss resssponsssible for that anway," Kintiss joked. It normally came down to him to chase after people in order to administer physicals. He supposed that, this time, he could chase after people with a lot more authority, and whack them with serious consequences if they didn't.

[Sickbay]

Ilana let out a quiet laugh, shaking her head. He might have been partially responsible for the crew physicals before, but now they were all his responsibility, and that was not going to be an easy job. In fact, it was probably the bane of all medical personnel.

"Y-yeah, b-b-but n-n-now y-y-you're r-r-responsible f-f-for th-th-the c-c-captain's ph-ph-physicals!"
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 2:22 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Bridge]

"I'll make a note to have a word with them next time we're passing," Archangel replied, nodding in acknowledgement of Kejal's comment about the transporter rooms before getting back to the business of the strange structure drifting.  "It definitely follows the design lines of one of the old Bajoran solar ships.  I read a paper on them a while back, when Captain Sisko of DS9 built one and brought them to the attention of the SCE.

"Liaise with Engineering.  They might be able to give you more details."

Buris looked from the Captain to the other ship, thinking as he sat down at his terminal. He nodded without thinking about it. "They're pre-warp vessels, but the technology still has real applications."

He tapped his comm stud and spoke, calmly. "Ops to Engineering, are you seeing these sensor readings? What do you make of that ship out there?"

He leaned back in his chair, thinking about the situation. And all he thought of was the fact that he'd love to go over there and see if he could bring it in.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 14, 2016 4:10 pm

Kejal Buris wrote:

Buris looked from the Captain to the other ship, thinking as he sat down at his terminal.  He nodded without thinking about it.  "They're pre-warp vessels, but the technology still has real applications."

He tapped his comm stud and spoke, calmly. "Ops to Engineering, are you seeing these sensor readings?  What do you make of that ship out there?"

He leaned back in his chair, thinking about the situation.  And all he thought of was the fact that he'd love to go over there and see if he could bring it in.

Leela looked to the sensor readouts when she heard Kejals communication chime through engineering. =/\="I'm already on it Lieutenant."=/\=

It was an awe inspiring sight. She couldn't held but think of Jereda as he broke the warp barrier. She imagined a group of explorers setting into the unknown for the first time.

=/\="Bridge, I think I have something here. Its a massive structure. Each of the solar power wings are over a kilometer. I have a pretty good understanding of this technology. There aren't any security features that I can identify? I recommend we beam over for a more detailed study?=/\=
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 15, 2016 5:32 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela looked to the sensor readouts when she heard Kejals communication chime through engineering. =/\="I'm already on it Lieutenant."=/\=

It was an awe inspiring sight. She couldn't held but think of Jereda as he broke the warp barrier. She imagined a group of explorers setting into the unknown for the first time.

=/\="Bridge, I think I have something here. Its a massive structure. Each of the solar power wings are over a kilometer. I have a pretty good understanding of this technology. There aren't any security features that I can identify? I recommend we beam over for a more detailed study?=/\=

[Bridge]

The more they learned about the structure out there, the more Archangel found her engineer's side getting excited about the prospect of actually getting to see one of these legendary ships. Unfortunately for her, chances were that she wouldn't be allowed to accompany the away team. Maybe once it had been checked out, she could go over...

"Commander, put together an away team and go take a look."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way   Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next