Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Application - Gavin Van Gelder

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Application - Gavin Van Gelder Empty
PostSubject: Application - Gavin Van Gelder   Application - Gavin Van Gelder I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 6:58 pm

|GAVIN VAN GELDER|
Application - Gavin Van Gelder Gavin2_zpsdea11acb

Basics
Name:  Gavin Hieronymus Van Gelder
Species:  Terran
Date of Birth:  April 30, 2354

Appearance
Height:  177.8 CM (5’10”)
Eyes:  Bluish-green
Hair:  Auburn
Characteristic elements:  Gavin has a rather boyish face, which he’s considered trying to ‘age up’ via a beard or something…but then he realizes how ridiculous he’d look with one.

General:

Backstory
The name ‘Van Gelder’ was once revered in medical circles.  Gavin’s great-grandfather, Dr. Simon Van Gelder, was one of the quadrant’s most revered psychological minds, until he was subjected to the experiments of Dr. Tristan Adams on the Tantalus Colony.  Though restored to mental health, Van Gelder’s reputation was hurt by the incident, and he felt his colleagues never truly saw him as the same man after that.
Time heals all wounds, or so the saying goes.  The Van Gelder family spent the generations after trying to restore their name, continuing in the research fields and becoming ambitious…almost to a fault.  Today, the Van Gelders are highly-placed in Starfleet, especially Starfleet Medical.

It was into this world that Gavin Van Gelder was born, the youngest son of the current generation.  High expectations were placed on all the children, but Gavin moreso than his two sisters, since he was the only one to go into the medical profession.

He had a fairly happy childhood, all considered…though, sometimes, he found it difficult to tell who his real friends were, and who wanted to be near him for his family name.  It was these connections that placed Gavin where he is today – accelerating him past his senior year of Starfleet Academy with a new Ensign’s commission, on a very special assignment for Starfleet Medical.

Career

Enlisted or Officer?:  Officer
Department preference 1:  Medical
Department Preference 2:  Science

Sample Post

You have arrived at your newest assignment...

“Raktajino, hot,” Gavin ordered, waiting for the replicator to complete his order.  He took the hot cup of drink, sipping it and savoring the strong flavor.  It gave him just the kick he needed in the morning, especially after the late night that he’d had.  And it wasn’t even something fun that had caused that late night…it was actual research and…work.

Gavin took his coffee with him to his computer terminal, logging himself into duty.  It would be a few moments before – no.  Scratch that.  The subject of his observation just walked in, all pale and aglow with her wolf in tow.  Or, at least, it seemed like a damn wolf.  He hoped it couldn’t read minds, or something.  That would not be conducive to him keeping a throat.

Smiling a little smile to himself, Gavin continued to innocently scan the day’s duty rounds roster.
Back to top Go down

Application - Gavin Van Gelder
Page 1 of 1