Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]

Go down 
+4
Thelos th'Zhela
Rama
Rachel Deacon
Corman Stark
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Rama

Rama

Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] Empty
PostSubject: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:10 pm

Rama stepped foot into his new bar. The dabo tables were lit up. Music played loudly in the background. The back-bar was fully stocked and the bottles strategically faced. Beautiful bottles and liquids from all over the galaxy portrayed the wide-array of choices Rama was able to offer. His lobes tingled at the sight of his bar prepared to open. His waiters stood in a line with trays in one hand and napkins draped over the other. Rama turned to address his staff of waiters and dabbo girls. "Everyone, pay attention, we are operating this facility under Hew-Mon rules." Rama let out a slight hiss of disdain. "They made me agree to follow their laws and rules. But we are still Ferengi." Rama lowered the tone of his voice to ensure no one outside heard him. "But remember, we are Ferengi, I need to earn profit. Scheming and ploys will happen... we'll just have to do it quietly." He raises the tone of his voice and hits a button that opens the bars gates. "We're open for business." As patrons began to make their way in Rama stood on the bar and addressed the crowds. "Welcome, welcome my friends. All are welcome at Rama's Place. Drink, Eat, Gamble and Spend Money!"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:28 pm

[Promenade]

With the station having only recently opened to civilian traffic as well as Starfleet traffic, Rachel was noting a marked rise in the amount of people not wearing uniforms on her station.  On one hand, that was a good sign, that there were people coming out to this region of the quadrant to trade and explore on their own, but on the other, it was harder for her to keep up with who was who.

And, of course, civilian traffic meant that there was now a true Promenade, with shops and various eateries opening up to tempt people to part with their money.  In fact, Rachel was on her way to visit the owner of one such establishment, a Ferengi by the name of Rama.

Stepping into the bar along with the other patrons, she stopped for a moment in the doorway in order to scan the gathered individuals through her VISOR, searching for the Ferengi's distinctive vitals.

Spotting him, she made her way over to the large-eared humanoid and inclined her head to him.  "Greetings, Mr Rama.  I trust you're settling in well here?"
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 1:08 pm

Rama leaned into his head waiter, Brell, and grabbed his ear and whispered. "That man over there dropped his drink and you gave him a refill for free!" Rama hissed with disdain. "Remember the tenth rule. Greed is Eternal. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed the Admiral. "Get back to work." He said looking past Brell.

He moved past the dabbo table and made his way to the Admiral at the entrance. "Admiral, Admiral... Welcome to Rama's Place. Please have a drink, your first one is on me." Rama snapped at the bartender he had staffed. Made a look back to the Admiral. "You look like a ...... got it." He looked back to the bartender. "An Andorian Sunset for the Admiral."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 1:44 pm

The Admiral's face was neutral as she watched the Ferengi approach her. One eyebrow raised a little above the line of her VISOR as he offered her a drink, raising one hand to forestall the bartender.

"Not on duty, thank you," she stated, the last and only time she had drunk on duty coming to the forefront of her mind. It had been during the Spore incident, when she had downed a bottle of whiskey with her second in command. It had not been a particularly stellar afternoon. Bringing her attention back to the Ferengi in front of her, she got back to why she had come here in the first place. "I just came by to make sure that everything was in order."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 2:38 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:
The Admiral's face was neutral as she watched the Ferengi approach her.  One eyebrow raised a little above the line of her VISOR as he offered her a drink, raising one hand to forestall the bartender.

"Not on duty, thank you," she stated, the last and only time she had drunk on duty coming to the forefront of her mind.  It had been during the Spore incident, when she had downed a bottle of whiskey with her second in command.  It had not been a particularly stellar afternoon.  Bringing her attention back to the Ferengi in front of her, she got back to why she had come here in the first place.  "I just came by to make sure that everything was in order."

Rama grimaced and motioned to the bartender to stop him from making the drink. "Well thank you Admiral. All is well here. Profits are good..." Rama leaned in closer to the Admiral so the conversation could be more private. "I do have one thing to ask. A proposition for Starfleet... I have some Ale being held by the federation officers. I'm sure its some kind of miss understanding." A smile came across Rama's face. "Is there anyway you could have your officers release my shipment. I have a client waiting for it."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 3:13 pm

Rama wrote:
Rama grimaced and motioned to the bartender to stop him from making the drink. "Well thank you Admiral. All is well here. Profits are good..." Rama leaned in closer to the Admiral so the conversation could be more private. "I do have one thing to ask. A proposition for Starfleet... I have some Ale being held by the federation officers. I'm sure its some kind of miss understanding." A smile came across Rama's face. "Is there anyway you could have your officers release my shipment. I have a client waiting for it."

Ah... Rachel did wonder how long it would be before the Ferengi started trying to bend the rules. Apparently, it was within five minutes of meeting her. She looked back through her memory to determine whether she had received any kind of notification about a shipment being withheld.

"Hm... I believe the security department were somewhat dubious about that shipment. Are you sure that you were acting within Federation trading laws?" she asked carefully monitoring his vital signs through her VISOR in order to try to tell if he was lying to her or not.
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 3:43 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Ah... Rachel did wonder how long it would be before the Ferengi started trying to bend the rules.  Apparently, it was within five minutes of meeting her.  She looked back through her memory to determine whether she had received any kind of notification about a shipment being withheld.

"Hm... I believe the security department were somewhat dubious about that shipment.  Are you sure that you were acting within Federation trading laws?" she asked carefully monitoring his vital signs through her VISOR in order to try to tell if he was lying to her or not.

Rama smiled towards the admiral. "Now Admiral, I am just. A humble barkeeper. I'm sure this little misunderstanding can be resolved. I may of been unaware of certain Federation rules... and for that I apologize." The Ferengi bows to show respect to the Admiral. "Now about that ale..."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 4:13 pm

Rama wrote:
Rama smiled towards the admiral. "Now Admiral, I am just. A humble barkeeper. I'm sure this little misunderstanding can be resolved. I may of been unaware of certain Federation rules... and for that I apologize." The Ferengi bows to show respect to the Admiral. "Now about that ale..."

The reports that she had read about dealing with the Ferengi as a command oficer were definitely accurate, Rachel thought to herself. It would appear that he wanted an answer now, whether or not he got on her bad side.

Reaching up, she pulled off her VISOR, levelling her unseeing gaze at the Ferengi, something that she only generally did when she had to drive home a point and make sure that it stayed driven. Whether the tactic was going to work or not on the humanoid in front of her was yet to be seen.

"Mr Rama. You will hear about your ale when my security teams have compiled and presented their report to me and not before. Do we have an understanding?"
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 4:31 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

The reports that she had read about dealing with the Ferengi as a command oficer were definitely accurate, Rachel thought to herself.  It would appear that he wanted an answer now, whether or not he got on her bad side.

Reaching up, she pulled off her VISOR, levelling her unseeing gaze at the Ferengi, something that she only generally did when she had to drive home a point and make sure that it stayed driven.  Whether the tactic was going to work or not on the humanoid in front of her was yet to be seen.

"Mr Rama.  You will hear about your ale when my security teams have compiled and presented their report to me and not before.  Do we have an understanding?"

Rama backed up a bit from the Admiral and hesitated before he spoke. "I understand Admiral. Its not a problem. Maybe a copy of Starfleet shipping procedures would be helpful." Rama gestured towards the dabbo tables. "If not a drink. How about a spin at the table Admiral? Or maybe some lunch? You seem positively famished? I have been told by the other Hew-Mons that I serve a decent... Rib-Eye?" He throws his hand up in the air and mutters. "Whatever that is."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:10 pm

Rama wrote:
Rama backed up a bit from the Admiral and hesitated before he spoke. "I understand Admiral. Its not a problem. Maybe a copy of Starfleet shipping procedures would be helpful." Rama gestured towards the dabbo tables. "If not a drink. How about a spin at the table Admiral? Or maybe some lunch? You seem positively famished? I have been told by the other Hew-Mons that I serve a decent... Rib-Eye?" He throws his hand up in the air and mutters. "Whatever that is."

After clipping her VISOR back into place and waiting the second or two that it generally took for her to be able to function through the onslaught of data, Rachel considered the Ferengi in front of her.

"That could be considered as a bribe, Mr Rama," she warned, her expression carefully schooled to neutral.
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:42 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

After clipping her VISOR back into place and waiting the second or two that it generally took for her to be able to function through the onslaught of data, Rachel considered the Ferengi in front of her.

"That could be considered as a bribe, Mr Rama," she warned, her expression carefully schooled to neutral.  

"A bribe? A bribe!" Rama moved and opens his arms in an attempt to make a grand theatrical gesture. "Here I am... Attempting to offer my warm hospitality to the Hew-Mon and what do I get for it? Accusations! You try to malign my character by making these faulty accusations." Rama pauses for a moment to gather his thoughts. Then he leans in very close. "Unless a bribe would work.... in that case... You know on Feranginar bribes are acceptable business and social practices. We even buy our way into the devine treasury when we die. What is life. If not a bribe?" Remember Rama... 34th rule. Every man has a price. He thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 5:52 pm

Rama wrote:
"A bribe? A bribe!" Rama moved and opens his arms in an attempt to make a grand theatrical gesture. "Here I am... Attempting to offer my warm hospitality to the Hew-Mon and what do I get for it? Accusations! You try to malign my character by making these faulty accusations." Rama pauses for a moment to gather his thoughts. Then he leans in very close. "Unless a bribe would work.... in that case... You know on Feranginar bribes are acceptable business and social practices. We even buy our way into the devine treasury when we die. What is life. If not a bribe?" Remember Rama... 34th rule. Every man has a price. He thought to himself.

"That was a friendly warning, not an accusation" the Admiral managed to say before Rama leaned too far into what she considered to be her personal space. It took quite a bit of composure for her not to step away but instead to lift a hand to the Ferengi's ear, intending to take hold of it and twist it slightly. Not hard enough to damage it, but hard enough to get her point across.

"Listen very closely, Mr Rama," she said softly, although her tone carried an undercurrent of tritanium. "If I ever catch wind of you trying to bribe any of my personnel, I will not be taking it kindly. I believe the security personnel are eager to try out their new brig with a real prisoner."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 6:09 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

"That was a friendly warning, not an accusation" the Admiral managed to say before Rama leaned too far into what she considered to be her personal space.  It took quite a bit of composure for her not to step away but instead to lift a hand to the Ferengi's ear, intending to take hold of it and twist it slightly.  Not hard enough to damage it, but hard enough to get her point across.

"Listen very closely, Mr Rama," she said softly, although her tone carried an undercurrent of tritanium.  "If I ever catch wind of you trying to bribe any of my personnel, I will not be taking it kindly.  I believe the security personnel are eager to try out their new brig with a real prisoner."

Rama raised both of his hands. This was, after all, his first week. He wasnt quite ready to get on the Admiral's bad snide, at least not yet. He raised his hand and them raised two fingers. "I promise not to bribe your officers. Thank you Admiral."

Rama began to turn away but he had one last thing to say to the Admiral. "By the way Admiral. Don't ever touch a Ferengi's lobes... Unless you truly mean it."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 6:20 pm

Rama wrote:
Rama raised both of his hands. This was, after all, his first week. He wasnt quite ready to get on the Admiral's bad snide, at least not yet. He raised his hand and them raised two fingers. "I promise not to bribe your officers. Thank you Admiral."

Rama began to turn away but he had one last thing to say to the Admiral. "By the way Admiral. Don't ever touch a Ferengi's lobes... Unless you truly mean it."

Truly meaning to touch a Ferengi's ears... That was a thought that was most definitely not appealing to the Admiral. However, she had to retain some form of diplomacy with the barkeeper, so she didn't dignify his words with any kind of response, instead turning to leave the establishment. She wanted a sonic shower at that point in time, wondering if that was going to be a sensation that she would feel every time she dealt with the large-eared humanoids. She nodded to a passing officer and stepped out onto the Promenade, going to continue her walk of the shop-lined passage.
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 6:31 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Truly meaning to touch a Ferengi's ears... That was a thought that was most definitely not appealing to the Admiral.  However, she had to retain some form of diplomacy with the barkeeper, so she didn't dignify his words with any kind of response, instead turning to leave the establishment.  She wanted a sonic shower at that point in time, wondering if that was going to be a sensation that she would feel every time she dealt with the large-eared humanoids.  She nodded to a passing officer and stepped out onto the Promenade, going to continue her walk of the shop-lined passage.

Rama begins to step back further into the bar. He began to speak very softly to himself as he ran his fingers across the spot Rachel had touched.

"She wants me."

A mischievous smile found its way onto his face as Brell peered over in his direction. Rama let out a brief hiss. "Get back to work!" Rama exclaimed.
Back to top Go down
Mira

Mira

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 5:29 pm

[Promenade]

Ah, it was good to get out and give the photons a good airing once in a while. At least, that's what Mira thought as she strolled down the station's Promenade. So far, she had been confined to the security offices and holodecks as they put her program through its basic paces. There was plenty of room in her matrix for her to expand her program should she feel the need, but so far, she hadn't found anything that she particularly wanted to add to it. Well, maybe a rank would be nice. Her collar was conspicuously devoid of any pips or badges.

Seeing Admiral Deacon leaving one of the Promenade's establishments with a thunderous expres​sion(for the Admiral), she raised her eyebrows as her program calculated it to be the correct facial expression to display. She looked at the prominent, neon sign above the bar, Rama's, and decided that it couldn't hurt to take a look.

She stepped inside and looked around, taking in all the gathered civilians and Starfleet personnel, automatically searching for any signs of wrong-doing.
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 6:24 pm

Mira wrote:
[Promenade]

Ah, it was good to get out and give the photons a good airing once in a while.  At least, that's what Mira thought as she strolled down the station's Promenade.  So far, she had been confined to the security offices and holodecks as they put her program through its basic paces.  There was plenty of room in her matrix for her to expand her program should she feel the need, but so far, she hadn't found anything that she particularly wanted to add to it.  Well, maybe a rank would be nice.  Her collar was conspicuously devoid of any pips or badges.

Seeing Admiral Deacon leaving one of the Promenade's establishments with a thunderous expres​sion(for the Admiral), she raised her eyebrows as her program calculated it to be the correct facial expression to display.  She looked at the prominent, neon sign above the bar, Rama's, and decided that it couldn't hurt to take a look.

She stepped inside and looked around, taking in all the gathered civilians and Starfleet personnel, automatically searching for any signs of wrong-doing.

So many new customers have strolled through Rama's Place today.

Rama noticed an attractive you lady enter the bar through the main entrance. He was still reeling from his dealings with the Admiral. But there were guests that needed tended too and profits to be made. He approached the young woman with a smile. With his keen Ferengi senses he quickly noticed her lack of rank insignia. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Hew-mons are Hew-Mons ... I'm sure she'll have a ... Root... Beer? He thought.

"Welcome to Rama's Place! What can I get started for you?" He enthusiastically asked.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2015 11:19 pm

[Promenade]

Corman nodded to the Caitian that passed him in the Promenade hall, glad to see that Starfleet had taken his request for more security personnel seriously. The gold-shirted cat-man passed on by, and Stark turned along the curving hallway. Things had been blessedly quiet for quite a long stretch on the station...enough to make him instantly suspicious of his good luck.

He wondered if the arrival of a Ferengi barkeep would change that run of luck. And, speaking of which...

Grinning, Stark leaned against the back bulkhead, keeping the bar in his peripheral. It appeared that Mr. Rama was attempting to get something going with another of the new security officers. This one, in particular, was nothing at all like any of the others. It would be amusing to watch the Ferengi find that fact out...
Back to top Go down
Mira

Mira

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:50 am

Rama wrote:
So many new customers have strolled through Rama's Place today.

Rama noticed an attractive you lady enter the bar through the main entrance. He was still reeling from his dealings with the Admiral. But there were guests that needed tended too and profits to be made. He approached the young woman with a smile. With his keen Ferengi senses he quickly noticed her lack of rank insignia. He wasn't quite sure what to make of it. Hew-mons are Hew-Mons ... I'm sure she'll have a ... Root... Beer? He thought.

"Welcome to Rama's Place! What can I get started for you?" He enthusiastically asked.

Mira's observation of the bar patrons was interrupted by the appearance of a Ferengi in front of her. She looked down at him. Ah, my first interaction with a civilian. This should be interesting, she thought to herself.

"Oh, nothing, thank you," she said in response to his offer. "I'm just doing my rounds."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 1:32 am

Mira wrote:

Mira's observation of the bar patrons was interrupted by the appearance of a Ferengi in front of her.  She looked down at him.  Ah, my first interaction with a civilian.  This should be interesting, she thought to herself.

"Oh, nothing, thank you," she said in response to his offer.  "I'm just doing my rounds."

Rama stepped up to the quiet officer. "Making your rounds..." Just what I need. A security officer? Rama thought. "Is it about time for your lunch break? I would be honored to get you a nice sandwich or maybe a cup of soup? A nice bubbly ... root... beer?"
Back to top Go down
Mira

Mira

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 6:38 am

Rama wrote:

Rama stepped up to the quiet officer. "Making your rounds..." Just what I need. A security officer? Rama thought. "Is it about time for your lunch break? I would be honored to get you a nice sandwich or maybe a cup of soup? A nice bubbly ... root... beer?"

"Lunch break?" Mira had to think about that for a moment and retrieve the data from her long-term storage banks. It wasn't a term that she had come across very often so far, but a fraction of a second was all it took for her to receive the data. The image projected by her program had frozen for that fraction of a second, but she recovered. "I don't have a lunch break, but thank you."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 12:13 pm

Mira wrote:

"Lunch break?"  Mira had to think about that for a moment and retrieve the data from her long-term storage banks.  It wasn't a term that she had come across very often so far, but a fraction of a second was all it took for her to receive the data.  The image projected by her program had frozen for that fraction of a second, but she recovered.  "I don't have a lunch break, but thank you."

"No lunch break! Those Federations preach their rights ... Even I give my people breaks. Well at least most of the time. And I would never pay them for it. You know what I'm going to have a talk with that Admiral of yours. Not letting her people take lunch." Rama knew exactly what he was doing. A little dissension in the ranks could only help him.
Back to top Go down
Mira

Mira

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 4:29 pm

Rama wrote:
"No lunch break! Those Federations preach their rights ... Even I give my people breaks. Well at least most of the time. And I would never pay them for it. You know what I'm going to have a talk with that Admiral of yours. Not letting her people take lunch." Rama knew exactly what he was doing. A little dissension in the ranks could only help him.

The hologram gave a slightly maternal smile, shaking her head at the Ferengi. "Thank you or your concern, but that won't be necessary," she assured him. "I don't have a lunch break because I don't need one. The others do." She lifted and dropped one shoulder in a shrug as she had seen her fellow security officers do.
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 11:16 pm

Mira wrote:

The hologram gave a slightly maternal smile, shaking her head at the Ferengi.  "Thank you or your concern, but that won't be necessary," she assured him.  "I don't have a lunch break because I don't need one.  The others do."  She lifted and dropped one shoulder in a shrug as she had seen her fellow security officers do.  

At this point Rama found himself confused by the whole interaction. "You don't need to? Of course you need to take a break from time-to-time. I'm sure one of those fancy Federation doctors would tell you that too... What kind of doctor sees you without charging. You Hew-Mon some things I fear ill never understand. Anyway, I digress. Taking a break is good for the mind and body. How about I buy you that drink... First one is on me."
Back to top Go down
Mira

Mira

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2015 5:57 am

Rama wrote:
At this point Rama found himself confused by the whole interaction. "You don't need to? Of course you need to take a break from time-to-time. I'm sure one of those fancy Federation doctors would tell you that too... What kind of doctor sees you without charging. You Hew-Mon some things I fear ill never understand. Anyway, I digress. Taking a break is good for the mind and body. How about I buy you that drink... First one is on me."

The Ferengi's continual effort to do things for her was starting to confuse Mira a little, but her memory banks were supplying her with the information that this was normal practise for this particular species of humanoid. Always looking to get onto the good side of someone who may serve them well later, either in information or simply looking the other way while they do business.

She held up one hand, hoping to forestall any further offers as she said: "No, thank you. I don't drink."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]   Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rama's Place Bar and Restaurant [Drop by and grab a drink.]
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aurora Fleet :: Aurora Fleet :: Starbase Athena :: Shore Leave-
Jump to: