Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Return to Serenity (?)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Return to Serenity (?) Empty
PostSubject: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:18 am

[Note: Between missions six and seven]

[Flight Deck - Waiting Area]

*Now arriving, now arriving, USS Phoenix NCC-Six Five Zero Two Five*

Gabriel Arthur glanced up from his seat, tucking away the padd he'd been reading. He was quite happy to hear that there hadn't been an "-alpha" appended to the ship's registry number in the months that he'd been gone.

Not that the GNN and datanews streams hadn't been afire for a while with the news of the spectacular collapse and failure of Starfleet's first married command team.

Sighing, Gabe silently calculated the amount of time it would take for the ship to fully lock in, and the crew to disembark. Not all would be coming off, as this wasn't a full shore leave. More of a resupply stop. Time to swing by the closest stop in the quadrant to pick up everything they needed. And some things they didn't, he thought, looking down at the worn ballcap in his hands. It had survived several ships and a few explosions, but still looked none the worse. The bright yellow "USS Discovery" still stood out prominently against the navy blue background.

An artifact from another life. Slipping the cap on, Gabriel stood and gathered his haversack. Other than the hat, he was in civilian clothing. The girls were still in the child-care facility, as he assumed they'd rather play than sit quietly in the lounge area. He wondered if Seika had lead the other children in a revolt or something, yet.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:33 am

[USS Phoenix]

The docking process went quickly and smoothly, as he had expected it to. Archangel stood up from the captain's chair on the bridge once the docking clamps had been engaged. She nodded to Sheridan passing over command of the ship. She had something to do on the station, something that she wasn't sure she was looking forward to. And she wasn't talking about the debriefing with Admiral Deacon, either.

As she strode through the corridors to the airlock, she took a deep breath, trying to steady her emotions. This was going to be difficult, she knew it. She had hardened significantly in the last few months. It had been necessary to survive.

She stepped through the airlock, the exact image one would expect of a Romulan captain: strong, determined and ready for anything. Her dark eyes feel upon one familiar man standing in the lounge. Her attention flicked briefly to the cap he was wearing, and her expression hardened a little more.

"Gabriel," she said quietly as she moved to stand in front of him.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 11:51 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[USS Phoenix]

The docking process went quickly and smoothly, as he had expected it to.  Archangel stood up from the captain's chair on the bridge once the docking clamps had been engaged.  She nodded to Sheridan passing over command of the ship.  She had something to do on the station, something that she wasn't sure she was looking forward to.  And she wasn't talking about the debriefing with Admiral Deacon, either.

As she strode through the corridors to the airlock, she took a deep breath, trying to steady her emotions.  This was going to be difficult, she knew it.  She had hardened significantly in the last few months.  It had been necessary to survive.

She stepped through the airlock, the exact image one would expect of a Romulan captain:  strong, determined and ready for anything.  Her dark eyes feel upon one familiar man standing in the lounge.  Her attention flicked briefly to the cap he was wearing, and her expression hardened a little more.

"Gabriel," she said quietly as she moved to stand in front of him.

Every damn time the doors slid open, Gabriel seemed to feel a jolt go through him, something not unlike touching an ungrounded plasma conduit. He kept expecting her to be there, to walk through the airlock, and every time it wasn't. It was always someone else, going to meet with whomever they had come to see...until it wasn't someone else. Until there she stood, the admixture of fierceness and sadness that he knew, the face he could draw in the dark. A wave of emotion slammed into him like a physical thing, a tide that rose without mercy, taking everything with it.

Gripping the handle of his haversack, Gabriel tamped the emotion down. Of course, he still loved her, and always would, no matter the outcome of it all. He knew very well that he may have to adapt that love into something else entirely, but it would always be there.

"Captain," Gabriel replied, softly and warily, like a fox who knows a snare is somewhere underfoot. "They're in the care facility," he added, to what he was sure would be her next question.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:21 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Every damn time the doors slid open, Gabriel seemed to feel a jolt go through him, something not unlike touching an ungrounded plasma conduit.  He kept expecting her to be there, to walk through the airlock, and every time it wasn't.  It was always someone else, going to meet with whomever they had come to see...until it wasn't someone else.  Until there she stood, the admixture of fierceness and sadness that he knew, the face he could draw in the dark.  A wave of emotion slammed into him like a physical thing, a tide that rose without mercy, taking everything with it.

Gripping the handle of his haversack, Gabriel tamped the emotion down.  Of course, he still loved her, and always would, no matter the outcome of it all.  He knew very well that he may have to adapt that love into something else entirely, but it would always be there.

"Captain," Gabriel replied, softly and warily, like a fox who knows a snare is somewhere underfoot.  "They're in the care facility," he added, to what he was sure would be her next question.

Ah... He was addressing her by rank. That wasn't a particularly good sign, or at least it didn't seem to be in Archangel's internal musings. She had hurt him, and in no small manner. It was no wonder he had taken a more impersonal route. Because of their positions on the Phoenix, it hadn't been possible for her to accompany him back to Earth for his medical leave, even if it would have been a good idea.

Trying to keep as light and neutral tone as she could, she said softly: "Shall we? I have to be in Admiral Deacon's office in two hours for a debriefing."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:43 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Ah... He was addressing her by rank.  That wasn't a particularly good sign, or at least it didn't seem to be in Archangel's internal musings.  She had hurt him, and in no small manner.  It was no wonder he had taken a more impersonal route.  Because of their positions on the Phoenix, it hadn't been possible for her to accompany him back to Earth for his medical leave, even if it would have been a good idea.  

Trying to keep as light and neutral tone as she could, she said softly: "Shall we?  I have to be in Admiral Deacon's office in two hours for a debriefing."

"Of course," Gabriel replied, shouldering his bag while fighting every instinct in his body to wrap her in his arms for an hour or two. Even if she'd want that...openly embracing your commanding officer in public was beyond bad form. "I...I don't suppose I need to ask for permission to come aboard," he said, handing her the padd. "These are my recommissioning papers. The final call will be yours, however."

He felt like staring. Even at their level of familiarity and intimacy, it was hard to get a read on her expression. That goddamn Romulan inscrutability seemed to always win out. "I mean it, too. Starfleet wanted me for here, actually," Gabriel said, nodding in the direction of the open station around them. "Ops chief. They also offered me a spacebee craft in the SCE. Sabre-class. I think Admiral Stark had to pull some serious strings...and likely threaten to break some thumbs...to even get them to consider re-posting me on the ship."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:50 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Of course," Gabriel replied, shouldering his bag while fighting every instinct in his body to wrap her in his arms for an hour or two.  Even if she'd want that...openly embracing your commanding officer in public was beyond bad form.  "I...I don't suppose I need to ask for permission to come aboard," he said, handing her the padd.  "These are my recommissioning papers.  The final call will be yours, however."

He felt like staring.  Even at their level of familiarity and intimacy, it was hard to get a read on her expression.  That goddamn Romulan inscrutability seemed to always win out.  "I mean it, too.  Starfleet wanted me for here, actually," Gabriel said, nodding in the direction of the open station around them.  "Ops chief.  They also offered me a spacebee craft in the SCE.  Sabre-class.  I think Admiral Stark had to pull some serious strings...and likely threaten to break some thumbs...to even get them to consider re-posting me on the ship."

Accepting the PADD, Archangel glanced though the orders for appearances sake. She didn't really need to read them after all. They were pretty standard once you got beyond the name, rank and position the new crewmember would be taking on.

Adding it to the one she already carried for her debriefing, she inclined her head to Gabriel. She wasn't sure what she had been expecting with his return. This somewhat stiff, formal reception hadn't been a particular wish, but it was apparently what needed to happen, at least until they found somewhere more private.

"Your recommissioning won't be a problem, Lieutenant Commander," she replied. "You're an excellent engineer," I should know, you served under me in Engineering for long enough. "I'm sure the Phoenix won't say no to a little TLC."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 3:09 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Accepting the PADD, Archangel glanced though the orders for appearances sake.  She didn't really need to read them after all.  They were pretty standard once you got beyond the name, rank and position the new crewmember would be taking on.

Adding it to the one she already carried for her debriefing, she inclined her head to Gabriel.  She wasn't sure what she had been expecting with his return.  This somewhat stiff, formal reception hadn't been a particular wish, but it was apparently what needed to happen, at least until they found somewhere more private.

"Your recommissioning won't be a problem, Lieutenant Commander," she replied.  "You're an excellent engineer," I should know, you served under me in Engineering for long enough.  "I'm sure the Phoenix won't say no to a little TLC."

It was almost easy to believe that they were talking about different people. Different ship. Different world. Not a couple that was, ostensibly, still married. Not a commission and a ship that he'd helped bring into this world, as sure as their own little budding heterochromatic genius. Someone else's life, laid out on an examination table, being dissected and catalogued.

Lieutenant Commander. Granted, he knew that a command hierarchy didn't need two commanders. Still, it felt like what it was - a vote of no-confidence.

"You'll have my best," Gabriel nodded. For a change. "You say you have an hour or so? I think the girls haven't burned the place down, yet. Walk with me?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 3:16 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
It was almost easy to believe that they were talking about different people.  Different ship.  Different world.  Not a couple that was, ostensibly, still married.  Not a commission and a ship that he'd helped bring into this world, as sure as their own little budding heterochromatic genius.  Someone else's life, laid out on an examination table, being dissected and catalogued.

Lieutenant Commander.  Granted, he knew that a command hierarchy didn't need two commanders.  Still, it felt like what it was - a vote of no-confidence.  

"You'll have my best," Gabriel nodded.  For a change.  "You say you have an hour or so?  I think the girls haven't burned the place down, yet.  Walk with me?"

It was difficult not to sigh and look away, to drop the captain's air and just hug him and tell him how glad she was that he was back.

A walk, going somewhere out of the public eye where it wouldn't matter how they acted (within reason of course). She inclined her head to her husband.

"I have two hours," she acknowledged. "And a walk sounds good."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 3:41 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It was difficult not to sigh and look away, to drop the captain's air and just hug him and tell him how glad she was that he was back.  

A walk, going somewhere out of the public eye where it wouldn't matter how they acted (within reason of course).  She inclined her head to her husband.

"I have two hours," she acknowledged.  "And a walk sounds good."

Gabe wasn't sure where they were going. All he knew was that they were just walking. Together. Which, in all honesty, was more than he expected to be happening. A few passing officers nodded in greeting to them, which was returned with perfunctory quickness, but it was obvioius to anyone with a pulse that they didn't look like a pair that needed to or wanted to be disturbed.

Soon enough, they found themselves in front of the double-doors of one of the station's holodecks. Since the full ship crew wasn't off for leave, it was possible to find one open. Barely even thinking, Gabriel tapped a few commands, bringing up a program. Any program.

The doors opened, revealing the engine room of an Akira-class starship. It was empty and quiet except for the ambient noise of the M/ARA. Gabe walked in, setting his haversack on top of the trouble table, and leaning against it, watching the cascading lights of the warp core. He knew he should speak, but somehow, it felt like she should say the first thing.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 3:57 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabe wasn't sure where they were going.  All he knew was that they were just walking.  Together.  Which, in all honesty, was more than he expected to be happening.  A few passing officers nodded in greeting to them, which was returned with perfunctory quickness, but it was obvioius to anyone with a pulse that they didn't look like a pair that needed to or wanted to be disturbed.

Soon enough, they found themselves in front of the double-doors of one of the station's holodecks.  Since the full ship crew wasn't off for leave, it was possible to find one open.  Barely even thinking, Gabriel tapped a few commands, bringing up a program.  Any program.

The doors opened, revealing the engine room of an Akira-class starship.  It was empty and quiet except for the ambient noise of the  M/ARA.  Gabe walked in, setting his haversack on top of the trouble table, and leaning against it, watching the cascading lights of the warp core.  He knew he should speak, but somehow, it felt like she should say the first thing.

The walk was silent, something that she hadn't anticipated. Archangel folded her arms behind her back as they made their way along the quiet corridors of the ship. She wasn't all-together sure of where they were going, nor which one of them was going to have to break the silence.

The first of her uncertainties was broken by their arrival at the holodeck. It did make some sense that he might want to chose a location for what was undoubtedly going to be an awkward conversation that wasn't the ship they were both going to be serving on.

The program he chose, however, made her pause in the doorway. The Engineering room of the Discovery. The ship where they had met, fallen in love, made a life together before it came crashing down around their ears.

As soon as the doors had hissed shut behind them, she relaxed her rigid posture, dropping the air of undefeatable captain and let out a long breath. She walked over to the warp control consoles, running her fingers over their familiar contours as the silence stretched on for a few more minutes, broken only by the pulsing thrum that came up through her boots and soothed her mind. It was slightly off, not an accurate representation of the ship she had spent so much time looking after, but it felt good to be back nonetheless.

Without looking around at Gabriel, she spoke softly to him. "How... how have you been?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 4:54 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The walk was silent, something that she hadn't anticipated.  Archangel folded her arms behind her back as they made their way along the quiet corridors of the ship.  She wasn't all-together sure of where they were going, nor which one of them was going to have to break the silence.

The first of her uncertainties was broken by their arrival at the holodeck.  It did make some sense that he might want to chose a location for what was undoubtedly going to be an awkward conversation that wasn't the ship they were both going to be serving on.

The program he chose, however, made her pause in the doorway.  The Engineering room of the Discovery.  The ship where they had met, fallen in love, made a life together before it came crashing down around their ears.

As soon as the doors had hissed shut behind them, she relaxed her rigid posture, dropping the air of undefeatable captain and let out a long breath.  She walked over to the warp control consoles, running her fingers over their familiar contours as the silence stretched on for a few more minutes, broken only by the pulsing thrum that came up through her boots and soothed her mind.  It was slightly off, not an accurate representation of the ship she had spent so much time looking after, but it felt good to be back nonetheless.

Without looking around at Gabriel, she spoke softly to him.  "How... how have you been?"

"Been better," Gabriel answered, still looking down. When he finally did look over at her, his grin was there, but it was backed by such a melancholic sense of loss and failure that...it may as well not have been. "It's not it. I can see that you're thinkin' pretty much the same thing I am. All the hardware looks right, but it don't move like like Discovery. Doesn't sound right."

Shrugging, Gabriel stood up from the table, moving by the warp core. "I remember the day I shot one of these damn things at the Gorn. First day on the job as an officer. They had to almost shoot you up with targ tranqs to keep you out of the engine room when you got hurt," he said, chuckling slightly at the memory of it all. It was also the day he'd pretty much become Seika's unofficial guardian.

Words failed him again and he was silent a moment more, turning to face her. "You're my commanding officer...and, more importantly, my wife. I failed you in both aspects. I don't even know where to begin, Angel."

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 5:50 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Been better," Gabriel answered, still looking down.  When he finally did look over at her, his grin was there, but it was backed by such a melancholic sense of loss and failure that...it may as well not have been.  "It's not it.  I can see that you're thinkin' pretty much the same thing I am.  All the hardware looks right, but it don't move like like Discovery.  Doesn't sound right."  

Shrugging, Gabriel stood up from the table, moving by the warp core.  "I remember the day I shot one of these damn things at the Gorn.  First day on the job as an officer.  They had to almost shoot you up with targ tranqs to keep you out of the engine room when you got hurt," he said, chuckling slightly at the memory of it all.  It was also the day he'd pretty much become Seika's unofficial guardian.  

Words failed him again and he was silent a moment more, turning to face her.  "You're my commanding officer...and, more importantly, my wife.  I failed you in both aspects.  I don't even know where to begin, Angel."

So many things crossed the fore front of Archangel's mind as Gabriel brought up the fact that the holographic ship they were standing on wasn't truly the Discovery. Information about the delicacy of balancing the harmonics sprang to her lips, but weren't spoken. This wasn't the time for discussions about engineering. Not now.

A faint smile curved those same lips as she remembered the first day she had met and worked with the man who would later become her husband. They had been in a skirmish against the Gorn and, when the warp core had been damaged, she had found herself trapped on the wrong side of the blast shield as she tried to keep the core from breaching. Due to her injuries, she had passed the burden of commanding the engineering department on to the new Ensign. Quite an eventful day, all said.

Then they came to the point that they had both been avoiding. Archangel sighed softly, resting her hands on the console's surface and bracing herself against them, looking down at the glossy surface rather than up at Gabriel.

She knew that telling him that it wasn't his fault would serve no purpose other than to irritate or even deepen the feeling. It was the same situation that she had found herself in after the Jarris incident. Instead, she decided to go with the only thing that she could think to use: the truth.

"You may have failed as a command officer, Gabriel," she said quietly. "But you have never failed me as my partner."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 6:27 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

So many things crossed the fore front of Archangel's mind as Gabriel brought up the fact that the holographic ship they were standing on wasn't truly the Discovery.  Information about the delicacy of balancing the harmonics sprang to her lips, but weren't spoken.  This wasn't the time for discussions about engineering.  Not now.

A faint smile curved those same lips as she remembered the first day she had met and worked with the man who would later become her husband.  They had been in a skirmish against the Gorn and, when the warp core had been damaged, she had found herself trapped on the wrong side of the blast shield as she tried to keep the core from breaching.  Due to her injuries, she had passed the burden of commanding the engineering department on to the new Ensign.  Quite an eventful day, all said.

Then they came to the point that they had both been avoiding.  Archangel sighed softly, resting her hands on the console's surface and bracing herself against them, looking down at the glossy surface rather than up at Gabriel.

She knew that telling him that it wasn't his fault would serve no purpose other than to irritate or even deepen the feeling.  It was the same situation that she had found herself in after the Jarris incident.  Instead, she decided to go with the only thing that she could think to use: the truth.

"You may have failed as a command officer, Gabriel," she said quietly.  "But you have never failed me as my partner."

Thank you, Angel, he thought, feeling a wash of relief pour over him as she didn't attempt to tell him, yet again, that it wasn't his fault. It seemed like that was all anyone could think to say, anymore. He was tired of hearing how he couldn't have handled things differently, about how he couldn't be blamed for shattering under the pressure of S31 and Ikelos. It all just reminded him of what he'd failed.

Gabriel did smile, then, though it was sad. He tentatively reached out, almost as if she were a mirage or vision that would dissipate into vapor as soon as he touched her. Fingers made contact with her skin, however, as Gabriel softly ran his hand along her jaw. Yes, she was real. Barring their children, he didn't think it would be possible to love something more than he did the Romulan warrior in front of him.

"At least nobody got hurt," he said, his voice low and quiet. "Nobody suffered permanently because I was too weak to do my job. The girls have missed you."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 7:40 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Thank you, Angel, he thought, feeling a wash of relief pour over him as she didn't attempt to tell him, yet again, that it wasn't his fault.  It seemed like that was all anyone could think to say, anymore.  He was tired of hearing how he couldn't have handled things differently, about how he couldn't be blamed for shattering under the pressure of S31 and Ikelos.  It all just reminded him of what he'd failed.

Gabriel did smile, then, though it was sad.  He tentatively reached out, almost as if she were a mirage or vision that would dissipate into vapor as soon as he touched her.  Fingers made contact with her skin, however, as Gabriel softly ran his hand along her jaw.  Yes, she was real.  Barring their children, he didn't think it would be possible to love something more than he did the Romulan warrior in front of him.

"At least nobody got hurt," he said, his voice low and quiet.  "Nobody suffered permanently because I was too weak to do my job.  The girls have missed you."

Feeling a cool touch ghosting along the line of her jaw, Archangel turned her head to take in the face that she hadn't seen in months. One that she had longed to see before she had forced herself to throw herself back into her duty and refuse to look back. She hadn't expected him to come back to the service, to come back to her. She had almost resigned herself to the fact that the only time she would see the rest of her family would be on the rare occasions that the Phoenix made a trip to Earth.

The Romulan observed the Human's expression for a moment, trying to get as accurate a reading on his state of mind as she could. Her own, hardened expression softened.

"And I have missed all of you, e'lev," she murmured in return. Reaching out with the same, tentative air that he had displayed, Archangel ran the tips of her fingers through the close-cropped blond hair. "But never think of yourself as weak for what happened. You are only weak if you refuse to pick yourself back up again and continue on."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 9:04 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Feeling a cool touch ghosting along the line of her jaw, Archangel turned her head to take in the face that she hadn't seen in months.  One that she had longed to see before she had forced herself to throw herself back into her duty and refuse to look back.  She hadn't expected him to come back to the service, to come back to her.  She had almost resigned herself to the fact that the only time she would see the rest of her family would be on the rare occasions that the Phoenix made a trip to Earth.

The Romulan observed the Human's expression for a moment, trying to get as accurate a reading on his state of mind as she could.  Her own, hardened expression softened.

"And I have missed all of you, e'lev," she murmured in return.  Reaching out with the same, tentative air that he had displayed, Archangel ran the tips of her fingers through the close-cropped blond hair.  "But never think of yourself as weak for what happened.  You are only weak if you refuse to pick yourself back up again and continue on."

As Archangel's expression seemed to melt, Gabriel let out a long, low breath that he wasn't even aware that he'd been holding. His eyes closed as he seemed to lean into her touch, the sensation of her fingers through his hair...the feeling that he had wondered if he would only feel again in dreams.

"Only the mountains make no mistakes," Gabriel said, opening his glistening eyes, moving closer to her. His own fingers found her hair, the thick mass of darkness that he felt move against his hand. "Only the rivers have no regrets. I'm no river, Angel...and I have a lot of regrets." They were so close now that Gabriel wondered if he should pinch himself, something to tell him that it wasn't a dream, that she really was here. Cupping her jaw, he smiled down into her eyes. "A lot of regrets. But you're not one of them. I love you."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 4:30 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
As Archangel's expression seemed to melt, Gabriel let out a long, low breath that he wasn't even aware that he'd been holding.  His eyes closed as he seemed to lean into her touch, the sensation of her fingers through his hair...the feeling that he had wondered if he would only feel again in dreams.

"Only the mountains make no mistakes," Gabriel said, opening his glistening eyes, moving closer to her.  His own fingers found her hair, the thick mass of darkness that he felt move against his hand.  "Only the rivers have no regrets.  I'm no river, Angel...and I have a lot of regrets."  They were so close now that Gabriel wondered if he should pinch himself, something to tell him that it wasn't a dream, that she really was here.  Cupping her jaw, he smiled down into her eyes.  "A lot of regrets.  But you're not one of them.  I love you."

He seemed to be so close to her now, standing barely a hand's breadth away from her as Archangel looked up at him, at the features that were so familiar and loved. Emotions warred inside her chest. She had been so hurt at his departure, even though she knew that the majority of the blame rested on her shoulders, so angry at both herself and Gabriel that there seemed to be nothing that could sooth the rage. At least, not until the relief that had doused the fire in ice when she had received the reactivation orders from Starfleet Command.

It was that fear, the desperation not to lose him again that had her almost pulling away from him, but she found herself unable to do anything of the sort. In fact, there was a quiet purr rumbling from her throat. Her hands reached up to cradle his face, her thumbs lightly tracing the lines of the cheekbones that lay under sun-browned skin.

"Regrets are a part of life," she murmured. "Some people will have more than others could ever dream of, but we can't let them stop us from moving forward, from living." It was easy enough to say, far harder to believe when she knew that, although he may not regret his association with her, he regretted the shadows that followed her. "No matter what happens, we soldier on."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 7:43 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

He seemed to be so close to her now, standing barely a hand's breadth away from her as Archangel looked up at him, at the features that were so familiar and loved.  Emotions warred inside her chest.  She had been so hurt at his departure, even though she knew that the majority of the blame rested on her shoulders, so angry at both herself and Gabriel that there seemed to be nothing that could sooth the rage.  At least, not until the relief that had doused the fire in ice when she had received the reactivation orders from Starfleet Command.  

It was that fear, the desperation not to lose him again that had her almost pulling away from him, but she found herself unable to do anything of the sort.  In fact, there was a quiet purr rumbling from her throat.  Her hands reached up to cradle his face, her thumbs lightly tracing the lines of the cheekbones that lay under sun-browned skin.

"Regrets are a part of life," she murmured.  "Some people will have more than others could ever dream of, but we can't let them stop us from moving forward, from living."  It was easy enough to say, far harder to believe when she knew that, although he may not regret his association with her, he regretted the shadows that followed her.  "No matter what happens, we soldier on."  

There was a small flash of silent alarm that shot through Gabriel, much like a torpedo through an unshielded hull, as he noticed that she didn't exactly say that she loved him back. Then again, he'd have to be blind, deaf, and mute to not read her body language as if it were an old-style book, laid open right in front of him. In big, bold letters. With annotations.

"I know that we can't just flip a switch and pretend that this all didn't happen," he said, his voice still barely above a whisper. Gabriel reached up, trailing his thumb along the subtle ridge of her forehead. "It's not going to be just one day, or maybe not even a hundred." If he was fully honest with himself, there was still a part of him that wondered if coming back, strong-arming his way back into a position on this very same ship, hadn't been a mistake. "You're the strongest soldier I know, though. I'll never regret fighting for you."

Gabriel leaned forward, closing the minute gap between them, bringing her lips to his, feeling a charge rush through him that made it seem like the were teenagers kissing for their first time, and not a slightly-estranged married couple.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 7:57 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

There was a small flash of silent alarm that shot through Gabriel, much like a torpedo through an unshielded hull, as he noticed that she didn't exactly say that she loved him back. Then again, he'd have to be blind, deaf, and mute to not read her body language as if it were an old-style book, laid open right in front of him. In big, bold letters. With annotations.

"I know that we can't just flip a switch and pretend that this all didn't happen," he said, his voice still barely above a whisper. Gabriel reached up, trailing his thumb along the subtle ridge of her forehead. "It's not going to be just one day, or maybe not even a hundred." If he was fully honest with himself, there was still a part of him that wondered if coming back, strong-arming his way back into a position on this very same ship, hadn't been a mistake. "You're the strongest soldier I know, though. I'll never regret fighting for you."

Gabriel leaned forward, closing the minute gap between them, bringing her lips to his, feeling a charge rush through him that made it seem like the were teenagers kissing for their first time, and not a slightly-estranged married couple.

It would have been nice to have been able to return to how things had been before, but Gabriel was right, and Archangel found that she had no desire to do so. This would become another building block in their relationship, not an obstacle or something to be swept under the carpet. She was, however, going to have to be far more careful in what she allowed him to see, keep him safe and protected for as long as she possibly could.

She had been about to say something, but it was interrupted by another, involuntary purr as he touched the V-shaped ridges on her forehead and, almost as if he had read her mind, leaned in to kiss her, an action that was whole-heartedly reciprocated by the Romulan.

As they drew apart slightly, she kept her hands on his jaw, leaning in a little so as to touch her corehead to his, a gesture that had been an affectionate, loving one in their relationship. Then, in a voice not much louder than a breeze that would rustle the leaves on trees, she said:

"I jol-au, e'lev."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 7:25 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It would have been nice to have been able to return to how things had been before, but Gabriel was right, and Archangel found that she had no desire to do so.  This would become another building block in their relationship, not an obstacle or something to be swept under the carpet.  She was, however, going to have to be far more careful in what she allowed him to see, keep him safe and protected for as long as she possibly could.

She had been about to say something, but it was interrupted by another, involuntary purr as he touched the V-shaped ridges on her forehead and, almost as if he had read her mind, leaned in to kiss her, an action that was whole-heartedly reciprocated by the Romulan.

As they drew apart slightly, she kept her hands on his jaw, leaning in a little so as to touch her corehead to his, a gesture that had been an affectionate, loving one in their relationship.  Then, in a voice not much louder than a breeze that would rustle the leaves on trees, she said:

"I jol-au, e'lev."

Gabriel smiled happily as he translated the Rihannsu in his head, though the smile was just as much for the kiss. He could feel the slight pressure of her ridges against his own forehead, a feeling so familiar and comforting.

Reaching down, Gabe slipped his hand into Archangel's, intertwining their fingers. He could feel the warmth of her skin, and wondered how he ever thought he could live without that sensation. Without further comment, he guided her with him, down to the floor, sitting and leaning against the railing and containment round the M/ARA, wrapping his arm around her waist. "I know this is in violation of any number of safety protocols," he grinned. "But I think we can be excused, seein' as how it's holographic."

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel smiled happily as he translated the Rihannsu in his head, though the smile was just as much for the kiss.  He could feel the slight pressure of her ridges against his own forehead, a feeling so familiar and comforting.  

Reaching down, Gabe slipped his hand into Archangel's, intertwining their fingers.  He could feel the warmth of her skin, and wondered how he ever thought he could live without that sensation.  Without further comment, he guided her with him, down to the floor, sitting and leaning against the railing and containment round the M/ARA, wrapping his arm around her waist.  "I know this is in violation of any number of safety protocols," he grinned.  "But I think we can be excused, seein' as how it's holographic."

The sensation of his cool fingers winding around hers caused a shiver to shoot down Archangel's spine and she couldn't help but wonder if he had missed this contact as much as she had, whether he had lain in bed during the sleep shift and missed her presence just as she had his.

As they sat down with their backs to the core, she realised that the last time he had seen her, she had just undergone surgery to have her knee replaced. This kind of motion wouldn't have been possible. That thought caused her to smile slightly and wrap her arms around Gabriel's waist, resting her head on the point of his shoulder.

"I'm pretty sure the holodeck safeties are on. We'll be fine."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The sensation of his cool fingers winding around hers caused a shiver to shoot down Archangel's spine and she couldn't help but wonder if he had missed this contact as much as she had, whether he had lain in bed during the sleep shift and missed her presence just as she had his.

As they sat down with their backs to the core, she realised that the last time he had seen her, she had just undergone surgery to have her knee replaced.  This kind of motion wouldn't have been possible.  That thought caused her to smile slightly and wrap her arms around Gabriel's waist, resting her head on the point of his shoulder.

"I'm pretty sure the holodeck safeties are on.  We'll be fine."

Gabriel snuggled closer to Archangel, content to just sit here, enjoying her closeness. Here, of all places, there was no pressure. Here, they could just sit and simply feel like it did when things weren't so complicated. He felt no small amount of guilt for thinking that way, since he actually would be returning to the Engineering department, leaving her to burden on with Command. Almost as if he didn't deserve go feel nostalgia about when they were engineering officers together. Gabriel was sure that whoever Starfleet had replaced him with was more than adequate, but still...

"Seika's been doing great with her exercises," Gabriel idly said, gripping her hand in both of his. "In fact, it's been damn near impossible to get her to slow down. She's trying to make up for lost time with her mobility, I guess." Smiling warmly, Gabe continued with his update. "They commandeered Chira's old room, stacking boxes and blankets up. Seika told me that it was her Engine Room, and that she was the Engineer. She kept telling Aria that she was the Captain, too...though, Aria was more content with just pulling the blankets off of things."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 8:05 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel snuggled closer to Archangel, content to just sit here, enjoying her closeness.  Here, of all places, there was no pressure.  Here, they could just sit and simply feel like it did when things weren't so complicated.  He felt no small amount of guilt for thinking that way, since he actually would be returning to the Engineering department, leaving her to burden on with Command.  Almost as if he didn't deserve go feel nostalgia about when they were engineering officers together.  Gabriel was sure that whoever Starfleet had replaced him with was more than adequate, but still...

"Seika's been doing great with her exercises," Gabriel idly said, gripping her hand in both of his.  "In fact, it's been damn near impossible to get her to slow down.  She's trying to make up for lost time with her mobility, I guess."  Smiling warmly, Gabe continued with his update.  "They commandeered Chira's old room, stacking boxes and blankets up.  Seika told me that it was her Engine Room, and that she was the Engineer.  She kept telling Aria that she was the Captain, too...though, Aria was more content with just pulling the blankets off of things."

Despite the soothing nature of their position, nestled closer to each other, bathed in the light of the warp core, Archangel couldn't help the stab of guilt that struck as she remembered the months of their daughters' development that she had missed. She wanted to have been there, to watch Seika's movements become more and more fluid as she recovered from her accident, watch their highly intelligent Aria as she learned more about the world as she toddled around it. She wanted to have been there to play with them in their pretend engineering department, but she hadn't. She had to look after their space-faring baby.

"I think we have a little engineering officer on our hands," she said softly. "We'll have to look in to getting her some extra classes. Aria too. I wouldn't want them to get bored with their regular classes."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 10:01 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Despite the soothing nature of their position, nestled closer to each other, bathed in the light of the warp core, Archangel couldn't help the stab of guilt that struck as she remembered the months of their daughters' development that she had missed.  She wanted to have been there, to watch Seika's movements become more and more fluid as she recovered from her accident, watch their highly intelligent Aria as she learned more about the world as she toddled around it.  She wanted to have been there to play with them in their pretend engineering department, but she hadn't.  She had to look after their space-faring baby.

"I think we have a little engineering officer on our hands," she said softly.  "We'll have to look in to getting her some extra classes.  Aria too.  I wouldn't want them to get bored with their regular classes."

"Definitely," Gabriel answered, nodding. "Mom took Seika for a tour of the shipyards at Proxima, one day. She talked about it for at least two days solid." It was easy to get lost in the happy memories of their peaceful, almost idyllic break on Earth. Gabriel's voice trailed off, though, as he realized what it must sound like to Archangel, who had been forced to remain behind, away from her family. Perhaps there would be time to tell her more, later...for now, though, he just decided to let it go.

Gabe shifted positions, snuggling so that she was leaning directly against him, and placing himself to where he could begin to work at her shoulders. "Hate to be presumptuous and forward with my CO," he said, smiling slightly. "Then again...I am outta uniform."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 8:16 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Definitely," Gabriel answered, nodding.  "Mom took Seika for a tour of the shipyards at Proxima, one day.  She talked about it for at least two days solid."  It was easy to get lost in the happy memories of their peaceful, almost idyllic break on Earth.  Gabriel's voice trailed off, though, as he realized what it must sound like to Archangel, who had been forced to remain behind, away from her family.  Perhaps there would be time to tell her more, later...for now, though, he just decided to let it go.  

Gabe shifted positions, snuggling so that she was leaning directly against him, and placing himself to where he could begin to work at her shoulders.  "Hate to be presumptuous and forward with my CO," he said, smiling slightly.  "Then again...I am outta uniform."

Archangel regretted not having been able to tour the shipyards with her daughter and mother-in-law, to experience Seika's wonderment at all of the ships in varying stages of construction. She gave a slight sigh, shifting positions slightly as Gabriel did. She would have liked to stay behind on Earth with her family, but the Phoenix couldn't spare her and she had been afraid that staying with him would have made everything worse.

She almost bolted from their embrace as she felt his hands on her shoulders, but forced herself to stay. Since he had left, she hadn't let anyone near her, generally avoiding touching anyone if she could. But Gabriel was different. He never hurt her, nor even tried. She sighed softly, relaxing into the touch.

"Presumptuous and forward? We're off duty, Commander, and out of sight. We can do what we like."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:23 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel regretted not having been able to tour the shipyards with her daughter and mother-in-law, to experience Seika's wonderment at all of the ships in varying stages of construction.  She gave a slight sigh, shifting positions slightly as Gabriel did.  She would have liked to stay behind on Earth with her family, but the Phoenix couldn't spare her and she had been afraid that staying with him would have made everything worse.

She almost bolted from their embrace as she felt his hands on her shoulders, but forced herself to stay.  Since he had left, she hadn't let anyone near her, generally avoiding touching anyone if she could.  But Gabriel was different.  He never hurt her, nor even tried.  She sighed softly, relaxing into the touch.

"Presumptuous and forward?  We're off duty, Commander, and out of sight.  We can do what we like."

"You make excellent points, both," Gabriel smirked. He could feel her starting to relax a little more under his hands. It had been a little touchy there, at first...the tension was definitely more than just in his imagination. After a few moments, though...it made Gabriel smile to know that Arch could still trust him enough to let her guard down. That suit of stiff Romulan armor...

Still working at it, Gabe moved his hands further out, working into the shoulders. He leaned closer, purposefully allowing his lips to brush against the back of her neck. "This goes easier without the uniform jacket."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return to Serenity (?)   Return to Serenity (?) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return to Serenity (?)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next