Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

The Victorious Banner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

The Victorious Banner Empty
PostSubject: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 7:13 am

[Spacedock]
[On-Board USS Phoenix]

The silence was comforting, and slightly disquieting, all at the same time. Gabriel Arthur, Commander by authority of Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets, father of two and husband of one, didn't find this dichotomy odd in the least.

Oh, there were a few techs here and there, running about, checking and double-triple-quadruple checking systems - a few last-minute bugs. He imagined that there were probably people going around with white gloves, wiping panels for dust. As new as she was, the Phoenix was as ready for service as she was ever going to be.

All she needed now was her crew. Most would start arriving in the coming days. Others, like Archangel and himself and the girls, had already moved in and gotten settled. Gabe glanced up as a gold-shirted maintenance tech passed him by with a "sir". He smiled, shook the man's hand, and asked what he was working on. The tech obliged, but was obviously uncomfortable to be talking about the job with one of his commanding officers. Dear god, Gabriel thought, poor guy probably thinks this is a pop quiz or something. All Gabe had wanted to do was shoot the bull. He'd been a maintenance tech, once. A lifetime ago. But...not now.

Leaving the fellow to his work, Gabriel shook his head with a rueful smile. Before long, he was in front of one of the main holodecks. According to the report that came across his desk this morning, systems like the 'decks were operational. It was time to see.

Gabriel leaned against the wall opposite the doors, waiting for his wife. It still made his head spin, in the best possible way, to think of her as that. On his collar, his third rank indicator seemed to weigh heavier than ever.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 5:28 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Spacedock]
[On-Board USS Phoenix]

The silence was comforting, and slightly disquieting, all at the same time.  Gabriel Arthur, Commander by authority of Starfleet and the United Federation of Planets, father of two and husband of one, didn't find this dichotomy odd in the least.  

Oh, there were a few techs here and there, running about, checking and double-triple-quadruple checking systems - a few last-minute bugs.  He imagined that there were probably people going around with white gloves, wiping panels for dust.  As new as she was, the Phoenix was as ready for service as she was ever going to be.

All she needed now was her crew.  Most would start arriving in the coming days.  Others, like Archangel and himself and the girls, had already moved in and gotten settled.  Gabe glanced up as a gold-shirted maintenance tech passed him by with a "sir".  He smiled, shook the man's hand, and asked what he was working on.  The tech obliged, but was obviously uncomfortable to be talking about the job with one of his commanding officers.  Dear god, Gabriel thought, poor guy probably thinks this is a pop quiz or something.  All Gabe had wanted to do was shoot the bull.  He'd been a maintenance tech, once.  A lifetime ago.  But...not now.

Leaving the fellow to his work, Gabriel shook his head with a rueful smile.  Before long, he was in front of one of the main holodecks.  According to the report that came across his desk this morning, systems like the 'decks were operational.  It was time to see.  

Gabriel leaned against the wall opposite the doors, waiting for his wife.  It still made his head spin, in the best possible way, to think of her as that.  On his collar, his third rank indicator seemed to weigh heavier than ever.

[Captain's Ready Room - USS Phoenix]

It was strange to think that this space belonged to her, Archangel thought as she surveyed the little office off the bridge that was hers for the time that she spent on duty but still needed to work. The errant thought struck her that it would be far safer for Seika and Aria to play in the ready room than for them to either stay in their quarters. Then again, there were proper childcare facilities on board this ship.

The sounds of the ship were oddly muted, the regular, soothing hum of engines absent while they were still docked and reliant on the drydock's energy supplies. One of the station's engineers hovered nervously at her elbow, waiting for her verdict on how she saw the room. She gave him a reassuring smile.

"It's fine, Lieutenant, you can relax now," she told him, noting that he seemed to let out a breath at her words. Taking the PADD from his hands, she signed off that she had inspected the bridge and was happy with their installation. The signature was only binding for the superficial elements: loose chair fittings or anything absent or requested. Their shakedown cruise would reveal any problems deeper in the machinery.

The engineer scurried off as if the seat of his uniform was on fire, apparently desperate to leave the presence of the half-Romulan captain. She smiled slightly, shaking her head to herself as she leaned on her cane.

A glance at the chronometer told her that is was time for her to meet Gabriel down at the holosuites. Her husband. It was glorious to think of him as such. Her expression turned slightly dreamy as one hand made its way to the rings that she wore around her neck on a slim chain. Her husband.

She stepped out of the turbolift, leaning on the cane as she walked, internally cursing her own stupidity. So desperate to make a good impression as a new captain, she had left the cane in her quarters the previous day and tried to act as normal on the tour of engineering. That would teach her that crawling through jefferies tubes and jumping down from ladders on a not-quite-healed leg was a bad idea. The tour of sickbay had been brought forward in the planning so that the medic could take a look at her leg.

Seeing Gabriel waiting for her, a smile broke out on her face. "E'lev!" she called out.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

She stepped out of the turbolift, leaning on the cane as she walked, internally cursing her own stupidity.  So desperate to make a good impression as a new captain, she had left the cane in her quarters the previous day and tried to act as normal on the tour of engineering.  That would teach her that crawling through jefferies tubes and jumping down from ladders on a not-quite-healed leg was a bad idea.  The tour of sickbay had been brought forward in the planning so that the medic could take a look at her leg.

Seeing Gabriel waiting for her, a smile broke out on her face.  "E'lev!" she called out.

[Holodeck]

Hearing their name for each other called out, Gabriel immediately sprung from where he was leaning, meeting his wife with an embrace. 'Beloved', it meant...and he meant it every time he said it.

"Hey, you," he grinned, kissing her quickly on the lips. Anything longer would have to wait until they were behind closed doors. Being a command team came with certain annoying decorum that had to be followed. Still...A pair of newlyweds should at least be cut a *little* slack...right? he thought. "They say the holodecks are operational. Care for a spot inspection? We can take all the notes you want," he chuckled, keying the entry open.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:33 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Holodeck]

Hearing their name for each other called out, Gabriel immediately sprung from where he was leaning, meeting his wife with an embrace.  'Beloved', it meant...and he meant it every time he said it.  

"Hey, you," he grinned, kissing her quickly on the lips.  Anything longer would have to wait until they were behind closed doors.  Being a command team came with certain annoying decorum that had to be followed.  Still...A pair of newlyweds should at least be cut a *little* slack...right? he thought.  "They say the holodecks are operational.  Care for a spot inspection?  We can take all the notes you want," he chuckled, keying the entry open.

Archangel wrapped an arm around Gabriel, unable to keep the smile from her face at once again being in his company. She absolutely adored this man and everything about him.

The quick peck that they exchanged was almost... sterile , but it was understandable. They still had to make a good impression on their new crew. Being the command team meant that they had to be respected above all others on the ship. Their word was law.

It was a somewhat intimidating position to be in.

As they stepped into the holodeck, she gave a quiet laugh. "I think I've had enough of inspections for the time being!"

The yellow-gridded room was a familiar sight on an unfamiliar ship. Holodecks everywhere were pretty much the same. She slipped an arm around Gabriel's waist, smiling at him. "So, what delights do you have planned for us?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 9:04 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel wrapped an arm around Gabriel, unable to keep the smile from her face at once again being in his company.  She absolutely adored this man and everything about him.

The quick peck that they exchanged was almost... sterile , but it was understandable.  They still had to make a good impression on their new crew.  Being the command team meant that they had to be respected above all others on the ship.  Their word was law.

It was a somewhat intimidating position to be in.

As they stepped into the holodeck, she gave a quiet laugh.  "I think I've had enough of inspections for the time being!"

The yellow-gridded room was a familiar sight on an unfamiliar ship.  Holodecks everywhere were pretty much the same.  She slipped an arm around Gabriel's waist, smiling at him.  "So, what delights do you have planned for us?"

The instant the holodeck doors sealed shut and the privacy lock activated, Gabriel returned the embrace, kissing his wife deeply.  His hands trailed up her sides and shoulders, gently tracing to her delicate jawline, and then along the tips of her pointed ears.  Oh yes, he loved this woman.  Mind, spirit, body, soul...his wife, finally and for all time.

"I dunno 'bout you," he said, coming up for air, his eyes lidded and content, "but...I'm already pretty damn delighted."  Gabriel gave an impish grin, still holding on to the Romulan.  They were commanding officers by day, parents to two very active little girls in their off hours.  Therefore, 'off hours' themselves were almost an alien concept...an abstraction created by someone with too much free time on their hands.  As such, any chance at even a modicum of privacy was to be seized...and let go only with the greatest of reluctance.

Gabriel smiled softly after a few more moments of enjoying his wife's presence.  "Actually...I just got a datapak from Chira.  She's had the holovid from the wedding ceremony processed and turned into a full program.  I was wondering if you wanted to take a look at it."  He quirked an eyebrow, grinning boyishly.  "It's just the ceremony, and not the night.  That would be...an entirely different kind of holosuite program..."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 12:04 pm

Archangel purred under her husband's touch, melting easily imto his embrace now that they were alone together. Damned reputations. Ship business and their daughters left them with precious little time just to bask in each other's company, but she couldn't begrudge her girls. They had already been robbed of weeks of time with her during her stay at Starfleet medical and nothing in the universe could force her to give them up willingly.

Hearing what Gabriel had planned for their first use of the holodeck, she smiled at him. They had only been married a little over a month. Their wedding ceremony had been small, only their close friends and colleagues in attendance along with the large number of Arthurs. Her family, apart from Seika and Aria, had been absent, and not by accident.

"That sounds like an excellent way to christen the 'deck," she replied fondly, stealing another quick kiss from him.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 12:54 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel purred under her husband's touch, melting easily imto his embrace now that they were alone together.  Damned reputations.  Ship business and their daughters left them with precious little time just to bask in each other's company, but she couldn't begrudge her girls.  They had already been robbed of weeks of time with her during her stay at Starfleet medical and nothing in the universe could force her to give them up willingly.

Hearing what Gabriel had planned for their first use of the holodeck, she smiled at him.  They had only been married a little over a month.  Their wedding ceremony had been small, only their close friends and colleagues in attendance along with the large number of Arthurs.  Her family, apart from Seika and Aria, had been absent, and not by accident.

"That sounds like an excellent way to christen the 'deck," she replied fondly, stealing another quick kiss from him.

That small sound she made...the one usually reserved for when he touched her ears?  Easily one of his favorites in all of known space.  "Yep," Gabriel sad, giving a soft and gentle tap to Archangel's lower lip.  "'Specially since we're flat-out of nurseries to plan."  Winking puckishly, he, with obvious reluctance, broke off their embrace and slid a logic solid into the holodeck's side panel.  "I've gone though this on the office computer, but not in 'real life', yet.  So...here we go.  Computer," Gabe called out.  "Enact program Arthur one eight six point eight."

The ubiquitous gridwork of the holodeck dissolved, and in it's place...

[Arthur Farm - Virginia]

...rose the green, rolling hills of home.  No matter that he'd spent half of his life on Centaurus Prime, this would always be 'home' to him.  And now, his family was here, and his friends...and the love of his life.

And there she was, walking down an aisle created by a division in white wooden chairs, her green dress flowing, like a lady stepped out of the stories of Ancient Earth.  Beside her walked Seika, making her way as best she could, and with a look of happy determination on her face.  Aria was held by Chira, already at the end of the aisle with Gabriel and the rest of the wedding party.  It seemed fitting, really, that Seika walk alongside her mother.  They were both transitioning from one life and into another.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:03 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

That small sound she made...the one usually reserved for when he touched her ears?  Easily one of his favorites in all of known space.  "Yep," Gabriel sad, giving a soft and gentle tap to Archangel's lower lip.  "'Specially since we're flat-out of nurseries to plan."  Winking puckishly, he, with obvious reluctance, broke off their embrace and slid a logic solid into the holodeck's side panel.  "I've gone though this on the office computer, but not in 'real life', yet.  So...here we go.  Computer," Gabe called out.  "Enact program Arthur one eight six point eight."

The ubiquitous gridwork of the holodeck dissolved, and in it's place...

[Arthur Farm - Virginia]

...rose the green, rolling hills of home.  No matter that he'd spent half of his life on Centaurus Prime, this would always be 'home' to him.  And now, his family was here, and his friends...and the love of his life.

And there she was, walking down an aisle created by a division in white wooden chairs, her green dress flowing, like a lady stepped out of the stories of Ancient Earth.  Beside her walked Seika, making her way as best she could, and with a look of happy determination on her face.  Aria was held by Chira, already at the end of the aisle with Gabriel and the rest of the wedding party.  It seemed fitting, really, that Seika walk alongside her mother.  They were both transitioning from one life and into another.

Chira had certainly done a good job on converting the holovid into a fully immersible program. Archangel stood next to Gabriel in the shade of one of the trees, watching the ceremony. She could remember the day so clearly in her head.

She couldn't even feel the ache in her knee every time she transferred her weight onto it as she walked down the aisle, her eyes fixed on the man waiting for her. She found it hard to find a fitting word to describe him. He want so far above and beyond just 'handsome'. He stood like a prince, watching her approach. His suit fit like a glove, gold piping gleaming in the sunlight, not a speck of dust or dirt on the fine white cloth. The light breeze ruffled his hair, giving him a slightly more playful air.

She stepped up onto the low stage that had been set up on the grass, pausing for a moment to help Seika hop up onto it as well before taking her place standing opposite the man she was about to be married to. Transferring her small bouquet of wildflowers to her right hand, she reached out with her left to gently run her fingers down his arm, taking hold of his wrist.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:18 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Chira had certainly done a good job on converting the holovid into a fully immersible program.  Archangel stood next to Gabriel in the shade of one of the trees, watching the ceremony.  She could remember the day so clearly in her head.  

She couldn't even feel the ache in her knee every time she transferred her weight onto it as she walked down the aisle, her eyes fixed on the man waiting for her.  She found it hard to find a fitting word to describe him.  He want so far above and beyond just 'handsome'.  He stood like a prince, watching her approach.  His suit fit like a glove, gold piping gleaming in the sunlight, not a speck of dust or dirt on the fine white cloth.  The light breeze ruffled his hair, giving him a slightly more playful air.

She stepped up onto the low stage that had been set up on the grass, pausing for a moment to help Seika hop up onto it as well before taking her place standing opposite the man she was about to be married to.  Transferring her small bouquet of wildflowers to her right hand, she reached out with her left to gently run her fingers down his arm, taking hold of his wrist.

I think I'm grinning like an idiot, Gabriel thought, as he watched his e'lev make her way down the aisle, the hem of her green dress rustling softly against the grass.  The rolling hills were dotted with flecks of white from various wildflowers that rustled and moved in the gentle breeze.  It was not a hard wind, just enough to move his hair and add a hint of coolness to the August day.  

Gabe fought the urge to help both his wife-to-be and his daughter up onto the stage.  He knew how important the independent motion was, to both of them.  Like mother, like daughter, he amusedly thought.  

And just like that, she was on the small stage, standing beside of him, the gentle pressure of her hand on his arm and wrist.  Gabriel had a little trouble breathing, until he realized that he'd just simply forgotten to.  Trying not to sound like a gasping fish, he smiled broadly at the Romulan.  "Y'hhau, e'lev," he whispered, still smiling.  His cheeks hurt, but he didn't give a damn.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:31 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

I think I'm grinning like an idiot, Gabriel thought, as he watched his e'lev make her way down the aisle, the hem of her green dress rustling softly against the grass.  The rolling hills were dotted with flecks of white from various wildflowers that rustled and moved in the gentle breeze.  It was not a hard wind, just enough to move his hair and add a hint of coolness to the August day.  

Gabe fought the urge to help both his wife-to-be and his daughter up onto the stage.  He knew how important the independent motion was, to both of them.  Like mother, like daughter, he amusedly thought.  

And just like that, she was on the small stage, standing beside of him, the gentle pressure of her hand on his arm and wrist.  Gabriel had a little trouble breathing, until he realized that he'd just simply forgotten to.  Trying not to sound like a gasping fish, he smiled broadly at the Romulan.  "Y'hhau, e'lev," he whispered, still smiling.  His cheeks hurt, but he didn't give a damn.

Breathe, Archangel thought to herself. You have to remember to breathe. She knew how much Gabriel would have wanted to help her and Seika up onto the stage, but she appreciated the fact that he didn't move towards them. Although they were about to live their lives together, it meant a lot to her that he could still step back and let her face her problems on her own.

She grinned at her almost-husband's use of the Romulan language. He was a good student, even if his accent still needed a little work, and his pronunciation was sometimes off. He could have just relied on the universal translator like most Starfleet officers, but he made the effort to learn her native language. That was something that couldn't be asked for.

"Y'hhau, e'lev," she managed to murmur back before Kirok cleared his throat, calling the gathering to order in a way that only a Vulcan could.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 6:45 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Breathe, Archangel thought to herself.  You have to remember to breathe.  She knew how much Gabriel would have wanted to help her and Seika up onto the stage, but she appreciated the fact that he didn't move towards them.  Although they were about to live their lives together, it meant a lot to her that he could still step back and let her face her problems on her own.

She grinned at her almost-husband's use of the Romulan language.  He was a good student, even if his accent still needed a little work, and his pronunciation was sometimes off.  He could have just relied on the universal translator like most Starfleet officers, but he made the effort to learn her native language.  That was something that couldn't be asked for.

"Y'hhau, e'lev," she managed to murmur back before Kirok cleared his throat, calling the gathering to order in a way that only a Vulcan could.

Gabe was aware of Kirok bringing the ceremony to commencement.  His brain heard the Vulcan's steady tone opening the formalities with words that captains had used for centuries, long before humanity saw the stars as something more than just a navigational tool.  

He knew Kirok was speaking...but for the life of him, he couldn't bring himself to hear it.  All his senses seemed to be locked on the woman in front of him, her hands in his.  Gabe was thankful for her hands, since they seemed to be keeping his own from shaking.  Calm down, he thought to himself.  Isn't this just a formality?  No.  It was so, so much more than that.  It was a culmination of a promise made and kept.  It was everything.

And so was she.  Gabriel drank in the sight of her standing there in the summer day's sun, the light shining in her night-dark hair, captured in eyes that had been so full of pain and now were brimming with joy.  There was the slightest blush of makeup, just enough to accentuate her face.  Gabe suspected Chira's hand in helping Arch put it on.  Well, Aunt Kee...you finally got that sister you always wanted.

There was silence for a second, and Gabriel's mind took over again, indicating that Kirok had finished speaking, and that it was time for the first part of the vows.  They'd opted to recite the traditional ones before the ring exchange, and then say something of their own afterwards.  Gabe was thankful for Kirok's prompting, or else he would have forgotten what to say altogether.

"I, Gabriel Iason Arthur," he started, clearing his throat.  No need to be nervous now, he thought, smiling as he continued.  "Do take you, Archangel Dhael Ir-Terra T'Koris, to be my wife, lawfully wedded under the laws of the United Federation of Planets.  From this day forward, and for all time.  I will keep you close, for better or for worse, until death do us part.  I will honor and cherish you through love freely given.  Bound by that love, I do hereby pledge my life and my faith."

And his voice didn't shake, not once.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 5:23 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe was aware of Kirok bringing the ceremony to commencement.  His brain heard the Vulcan's steady tone opening the formalities with words that captains had used for centuries, long before humanity saw the stars as something more than just a navigational tool.  

He knew Kirok was speaking...but for the life of him, he couldn't bring himself to hear it.  All his senses seemed to be locked on the woman in front of him, her hands in his.  Gabe was thankful for her hands, since they seemed to be keeping his own from shaking.  Calm down, he thought to himself.  Isn't this just a formality?  No.  It was so, so much more than that.  It was a culmination of a promise made and kept.  It was everything.

And so was she.  Gabriel drank in the sight of her standing there in the summer day's sun, the light shining in her night-dark hair, captured in eyes that had been so full of pain and now were brimming with joy.  There was the slightest blush of makeup, just enough to accentuate her face.  Gabe suspected Chira's hand in helping Arch put it on.  Well, Aunt Kee...you finally got that sister you always wanted.

There was silence for a second, and Gabriel's mind took over again, indicating that Kirok had finished speaking, and that it was time for the first part of the vows.  They'd opted to recite the traditional ones before the ring exchange, and then say something of their own afterwards.  Gabe was thankful for Kirok's prompting, or else he would have forgotten what to say altogether.

"I, Gabriel Iason Arthur," he started, clearing his throat.  No need to be nervous now, he thought, smiling as he continued.  "Do take you, Archangel Dhael Ir-Terra T'Koris, to be my wife, lawfully wedded under the laws of the United Federation of Planets.  From this day forward, and for all time.  I will keep you close, for better or for worse, until death do us part.  I will honor and cherish you through love freely given.  Bound by that love, I do hereby pledge my life and my faith."

And his voice didn't shake, not once.

It was difficult to breathe, standing up here in front of so many people. She was glad for Gabriel's presence, bringing with it the same comfort and reassurance that she always felt in his company. His fingers felt cool against hers, familiar in that sensation. His skin always felt a little cooler than hers, what with the human body temperature being lower than the Romulan.

As her brain registered that Kirok was speaking the words handed down from captain to captain for centuries, she felt something soft slip over her left hand. She didn't need to glance down to know that it was the length of green and gold ribbon that would symbolise their union. Handfasting was an ancient human custom, but one that seemed to embody what they wanted in their marriage. A bond between them, the knowledge that they couldn't be separated, that they were joined together.

Although the traditional marriage vows meant little to her, it was the sentiment and meaning behind them that Archangel respected and almost craved from Gabriel. His voice, although soft, was strong enough for the few gathered people to hear and never wavered. His gaze never left hers.

As he finished speaking, Kirok spoke the vows for her to repeat, even though she had spent the previous night rehearsing them in the privacy of her room, terrified of making a mistake or forgetting what she was supposed to say. The Romulan in her shuddered at the thought that such a thing could happen.

She took a deep breath, steadying her nerves, and spoke softly: "I, Archangel Dhael Ir-Terra T'Koris, do take you, Gabriel Iason Arthur, to be my husband, lawfully wedded under the laws of the United Federation of Planets," Even if it won't be recognised by the Star Empire, but I'll fix that later, she thought to herself. "From this day forward and for all time, I will keep you close, for better or for worse, until death do us part. I will honour and cherish you through love freely given. Bound by that love, I do hereby pledge my life and my faith."

Kirok solemnly tied the first knot in the ribbon laid across their crossed wrists, knowing that the couple had formulated their own vows to be spoken along with the traditional human ones.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:38 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It was difficult to breathe, standing up here in front of so many people.  She was glad for Gabriel's presence, bringing with it the same comfort and reassurance that she always felt in his company.  His fingers felt cool against hers, familiar in that sensation.  His skin always felt a little cooler than hers, what with the human body temperature being lower than the Romulan.

As her brain registered that Kirok was speaking the words handed down from captain to captain for centuries, she felt something soft slip over her left hand.  She didn't need to glance down to know that it was the length of green and gold ribbon that would symbolise their union.  Handfasting was an ancient human custom, but one that seemed to embody what they wanted in their marriage.  A bond between them, the knowledge that they couldn't be separated, that they were joined together.

Although the traditional marriage vows meant little to her, it was the sentiment and meaning behind them that Archangel respected and almost craved from Gabriel.  His voice, although soft, was strong enough for the few gathered people to hear and never wavered.  His gaze never left hers.

As he finished speaking, Kirok spoke the vows for her to repeat, even though she had spent the previous night rehearsing them in the privacy of her room, terrified of making a mistake or forgetting what she was supposed to say.  The Romulan in her shuddered at the thought that such a thing could happen.

She took a deep breath, steadying her nerves, and spoke softly:  "I, Archangel Dhael Ir-Terra T'Koris, do take you, Gabriel Iason Arthur, to be my husband, lawfully wedded under the laws of the United Federation of Planets," Even if it won't be recognised by the Star Empire, but I'll fix that later, she thought to herself.  "From this day forward and for all time, I will keep you close, for better or for worse, until death do us part.  I will honour and cherish you through love freely given.  Bound by that love, I do hereby pledge my life and my faith."

Kirok solemnly tied the first knot in the ribbon laid across their crossed wrists, knowing that the couple had formulated their own vows to be spoken along with the traditional human ones.  

His own voice had sounded a little distant in his own head, almost as if he was hearing someone else say them.  And then...she spoke.  And Gabriel almost had to fight back the tears as he heard his fiancée, his e'lev, his beloved...say the words that he'd been dreaming about hearing her say for so long, now.  

Gabriel smiled softly as the ribbon was tied around their hands, bonding them both in the symbolic and the literal sense.  This was a fairly late addition to the ceremony, but it seemed to be something that appealed to Archangel.  Gabe had done a bit of research, and it was some kind of tradition from the days of Ancient Earth.  His heart was both romantic and sometimes antiquarian...so it was something that he was definitely happy with.

Hands properly fastened, Gabriel held his hand up, bringing her own up along with it.  He laid a gentle kiss across her fingers.  It wasn't really a part of the ceremony, but...oh well.  It was their day.  They could do what the hell they wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

His own voice had sounded a little distant in his own head, almost as if he was hearing someone else say them.  And then...she spoke.  And Gabriel almost had to fight back the tears as he heard his fiancée, his e'lev, his beloved...say the words that he'd been dreaming about hearing her say for so long, now.  

Gabriel smiled softly as the ribbon was tied around their hands, bonding them both in the symbolic and the literal sense.  This was a fairly late addition to the ceremony, but it seemed to be something that appealed to Archangel.  Gabe had done a bit of research, and it was some kind of tradition from the days of Ancient Earth.  His heart was both romantic and sometimes antiquarian...so it was something that he was definitely happy with.

Hands properly fastened, Gabriel held his hand up, bringing her own up along with it.  He laid a gentle kiss across her fingers.  It wasn't really a part of the ceremony, but...oh well.  It was their day.  They could do what the hell they wanted to.

Archangel flushed slightly green as Gabriel kissed her hand, feeling the soft material of the ribbon slipping againt her skin. She had come across the tradition of handfasting quite by accident while researching marriage traditions for their wedding. She had been surprised to find it, in fact. It was a practice that she has seen in Romulan society, used by those who still preferred the more elaborate ceremony rather then the sterile one that had become popular in the last few decades, like the one that had bound her to Praetor Alidar.

Today is not a day to think of him, she told herself sternly. Their ceremony wasn't over yet. She and Gabriel had chosen to write their own vows to recite along with the traditional ones and, through the haze that came with the sheer elation of the situation, she could hear Kirok prompting Gabriel to speak.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 8:40 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel flushed slightly green as Gabriel kissed her hand, feeling the soft material of the ribbon slipping againt her skin.  She had come across the tradition of handfasting quite by accident while researching marriage traditions for their wedding.  She had been surprised to find it, in fact.  It was a practice that she has seen in Romulan society, used by those who still preferred the more elaborate ceremony rather then the sterile one that had become popular in the last few decades, like the one that had bound her to Praetor Alidar.  

Today is not a day to think of him, she told herself sternly.  Their ceremony wasn't over yet.  She and Gabriel had chosen to write their own vows to recite along with the traditional ones and, through the haze that came with the sheer elation of the situation, she could hear Kirok prompting Gabriel to speak.

The look in her eyes was only fleeting, but it was there.  Gabriel could tell.  He'd expected the possibility of some discomfort on Archangel's part.  After all, the last wedding ceremony she'd been party to had ended with her illegally and involuntarily married to the acting Praetor of the Romulan Empire.  Heavy stuff.

But then the look was gone, and replaced by the one that should be there on a day like this.  Love.  Passion.  Joy.  Excitement.  All of the above.

Gabriel nodded to Kirok as the Vulcan prompted him toward the part of the ceremony that included the nontraditional vows they'd written.  He'd sat down numerous times over the past months, hoping to write something out, but the words would never come.  How could he sum up his love for this woman, and everything she was to him, in a few paragraphs?  And so he'd decided to do what every good engineer knows has to be done on occasion - wing the living hell out of it.

"I...um."  Well, that's a hell of a start, Arthur.  Just tell her how you feel!  Gabe cleared his throat, grinning lopsidedly at his moments-away-from-being wife.  

"The first day that I met you, the warp core was exploding," he continued, smiling softly.  "That should have tipped me off that it was going to be something special."  There were a few laughs from the crowd.  "It's easy to look back with hindsight, saying 'oh, that was the day that this happened, or I knew this...', but I did know, back then.  I saw your intelligence and your passion on display that day, both for your ship and your daughter.  I fell right in love with you, then and there, Archangel.  Though...in typical bone-head man-fashion, it took me a lot longer to fully realize it."

"I don't think you can fully know just what you mean to me.  I'd like to think that I can, but it's an emotion more than anything that can be codified by feeble things such as 'language'.  Your drive, your passion, your dedication, your fire...your Fire," he continued, adding obvious emphasis on the Romulan elemental component.  "You have welcomed me into the life you and Seika had built for each other.  Yours and mine, out of which comes the creation of a new family - ours."

"And, so...here we are.  A day that, honestly, I don't know that either of us thought we'd get to.  But we are here, in front of family and friends and the open sky.  I can't promise that I'll be perfect, Arch.  We're engineers.  We know there's no such thing as 'perfect'.  I can promise you this, though, here and for all time - you will have my best.  The best of every hour and day, every thought and breath, every purpose.  Everything, Angel.  After all," he said, kissing her hand again, "you are the best of me."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 3:54 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

The look in her eyes was only fleeting, but it was there.  Gabriel could tell.  He'd expected the possibility of some discomfort on Archangel's part.  After all, the last wedding ceremony she'd been party to had ended with her illegally and involuntarily married to the acting Praetor of the Romulan Empire.  Heavy stuff.

But then the look was gone, and replaced by the one that should be there on a day like this.  Love.  Passion.  Joy.  Excitement.  All of the above.

Gabriel nodded to Kirok as the Vulcan prompted him toward the part of the ceremony that included the nontraditional vows they'd written.  He'd sat down numerous times over the past months, hoping to write something out, but the words would never come.  How could he sum up his love for this woman, and everything she was to him, in a few paragraphs?  And so he'd decided to do what every good engineer knows has to be done on occasion - wing the living hell out of it.

"I...um."  Well, that's a hell of a start, Arthur.  Just tell her how you feel!  Gabe cleared his throat, grinning lopsidedly at his moments-away-from-being wife.  

"The first day that I met you, the warp core was exploding," he continued, smiling softly.  "That should have tipped me off that it was going to be something special."  There were a few laughs from the crowd.  "It's easy to look back with hindsight, saying 'oh, that was the day that this happened, or I knew this...', but I did know, back then.  I saw your intelligence and your passion on display that day, both for your ship and your daughter.  I fell right in love with you, then and there, Archangel.  Though...in typical bone-head man-fashion, it took me a lot longer to fully realize it."

"I don't think you can fully know just what you mean to me.  I'd like to think that I can, but it's an emotion more than anything that can be codified by feeble things such as 'language'.  Your drive, your passion, your dedication, your fire...your Fire," he continued, adding obvious emphasis on the Romulan elemental component.  "You have welcomed me into the life you and Seika had built for each other.  Yours and mine, out of which comes the creation of a new family - ours."

"And, so...here we are.  A day that, honestly, I don't know that either of us thought we'd get to.  But we are here, in front of family and friends and the open sky.  I can't promise that I'll be perfect, Arch.  We're engineers.  We know there's no such thing as 'perfect'.  I can promise you this, though, here and for all time - you will have my best.  The best of every hour and day, every thought and breath, every purpose.  Everything, Angel.  After all," he said, kissing her hand again, "you are the best of me."

Archangel found it strangely difficult to breathe as she listened to Gabriel's voice, to the words that he was putting together for her. She squeeze his hand gently, trying to convey her emotions, even though she wasn't sure what they were.

And then it was her turn to speak.

She hadn't really known what she was supposed to say. All the research pointed in the direction of overly flowery love poetry which, despite her liking for Klingon love poetry, hadn't appealed. It wasn't... personal enough. She had spent many a night leading up to the wedding lying awake, trying to think of the words to say, how to get her love for this man across in a manner that their guests would understand. In the end, she had decided to go into this the same way that she always went into speaking in front of people: Know her subject and make it up as she went along. And there was little she knew better than how she felt about the man standing in front of her.

She took a deep breath, looking down at their joined hands. She knew that if she looked straight at him, she would lose her nerve.

"It's... It's been a long road. Well, more of a rough cart track to be honest. A warp core explosion is definitely an... interesting manner to meet people. Generally we're too busy running away. I guess that set a bit of a trend for us." She took another deep breath, trying to steady her nerves. "I always though that it was going to be me and Seika against the universe. I didn't want anyone to intrude on that. You wormed your way in until you were the only person I trusted to look after her while I was away." Her jaw clenched for a moment, memory fragments resurfacing until she could battle them down again. "When you were the only one that cared... that cared about me as a person rather than an officer of the line or a pawn to be played...

"I haven't always been the easiest of people to be with. I think there are drunk Klingons easier to get along with than me at times, but you stayed with me, Gabriel. You stayed by my bedside in sickbay even when I cursed your name. You sat and watched me eat to make sure that I got enough food. You were there, holding my hand as I took my first steps after the Yristian incident. You are my kaevra u'hachae, my heart and soul, my a'rhea u'e'lev. I want to be with you and you alone, Gabriel Iason Arthur." She reached up her unbound hand to run the tips of her fingers along his jawline. "Arhem neiss draes kaeha hrao hfihar u'thalk nim deyhhan mh'd'annha. Neiss arhem haerhe nim Shiar."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 4:50 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel found it strangely difficult to breathe as she listened to Gabriel's voice, to the words that he was putting together for her.  She squeeze his hand gently, trying to convey her emotions, even though she wasn't sure what they were.

And then it was her turn to speak.

She hadn't really known what she was supposed to say.  All the research pointed in the direction of overly flowery love poetry which, despite her liking for Klingon love poetry, hadn't appealed.  It wasn't... personal enough.  She had spent many a night leading up to the wedding lying awake, trying to think of the words to say, how to get her love for this man across in a manner that their guests would understand.  In the end, she had decided to go into this the same way that she always went into speaking in front of people:  Know her subject and make it up as she went along.  And there was little she knew better than how she felt about the man standing in front of her.

She took a deep breath, looking down at their joined hands.  She knew that if she looked straight at him, she would lose her nerve.

"It's...  It's been a long road.  Well, more of a rough cart track to be honest.  A warp core explosion is definitely an... interesting manner to meet people.  Generally we're too busy running away.  I guess that set a bit of a trend for us."  She took another deep breath, trying to steady her nerves.  "I always though that it was going to be me and Seika against the universe.  I didn't want anyone to intrude on that.  You wormed your way in until you were the only person I trusted to look after her while I was away."  Her jaw clenched for a moment, memory fragments resurfacing until she could battle them down again.  "When you were the only one that cared... that cared about me as a person rather than an officer of the line or a pawn to be played...  

"I haven't always been the easiest of people to be with.  I think there are drunk Klingons easier to get along with than me at times, but you stayed with me, Gabriel.  You stayed by my bedside in sickbay even when I cursed your name.  You sat and watched me eat to make sure that I got enough food.  You were there, holding my hand as I took my first steps after the Yristian incident.  You are my kaevra u'hachae, my heart and soul, my a'rhea u'e'lev.  I want to be with you and you alone, Gabriel Iason Arthur."  She reached up her unbound hand to run the tips of her fingers along his jawline.  "Arhem neiss draes kaeha hrao hfihar u'thalk nim deyhhan mh'd'annha.  Neiss arhem haerhe nim Shiar."

Gabe smiled as Archangel began to speak, a soft expression that illuminated his slate-blue eyes.  He noticed that she was looking down at their hands as she spoke the vows.  It never ceased to amaze Gabriel that, no matter how strong and fierce and independent that his Angel was...there was always a part of her that was so quiet, so unassuming.  She was truly a creature of the Elements.

Her final spoken lines in Romulan mostly flew by him.  He was getting pretty good at reading the language, but used in conversation, by a native speaker?  Well, that was a different animal altogether.  However, Gabriel could pick up on the gist of it.  And...I think she just said something about us sharing a bed, he thought, grinning boyishly.

Archangel's vows spoken, Captain Kirok finished the ceremony, declaring that, by the laws of the United Federation of Planets, and the power vested in him by Starfleet, they were now husband and wife.

And that he could now kiss the bride.

"Been waitin' for that part," Gabriel said.  He took his free hand and gently cradled his wife's head, drawing her lips to his, giving the kiss that he'd been wanting to give ever since the stars themselves set them both on the same course.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 5:01 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe smiled as Archangel began to speak, a soft expression that illuminated his slate-blue eyes.  He noticed that she was looking down at their hands as she spoke the vows.  It never ceased to amaze Gabriel that, no matter how strong and fierce and independent that his Angel was...there was always a part of her that was so quiet, so unassuming.  She was truly a creature of the Elements.

Her final spoken lines in Romulan mostly flew by him.  He was getting pretty good at reading the language, but used in conversation, by a native speaker?  Well, that was a different animal altogether.  However, Gabriel could pick up on the gist of it.  And...I think she just said something about us sharing a bed, he thought, grinning boyishly.

Archangel's vows spoken, Captain Kirok finished the ceremony, declaring that, by the laws of the United Federation of Planets, and the power vested in him by Starfleet, they were now husband and wife.

And that he could now kiss the bride.

"Been waitin' for that part," Gabriel said.  He took his free hand and gently cradled his wife's head, drawing her lips to his, giving the kiss that he'd been wanting to give ever since the stars themselves set them both on the same course.

At Kirok's word, she felt Gabriel's fingers slipping through her hair, drawing her in closer for their first kiss as a married couple. She could feel the smile on her face as they draw apart, wide and showing no signs of fading. Turning to the gathered people, she lifted their bound hands, showing them their union. Seika squealed in delight, clapping her hands and grinning as widely as her mother.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

At Kirok's word, she felt Gabriel's fingers slipping through her hair, drawing her in closer for their first kiss as a married couple.  She could feel the smile on her face as they draw apart, wide and showing no signs of fading.  Turning to the gathered people, she lifted their bound hands, showing them their union.  Seika squealed in delight, clapping her hands and grinning as widely as her mother.

He would have preferred for the kiss to not end, but...well.  They wouldn't have been very good wedding hosts if they'd ignored everyone else.  Besides...the wedding night was for uninterrupted alone time.  And so, Gabriel turned with her to face the small crowd, grinning happily as he raised his hand right along with hers.

The crowd broke out into applause as they were announced as husband and wife.  There were his parents, his mother crying.  Come to think of it, Chira was, too.  He noticed that Jiseth and Saf, the two other Romulans present, were still grinning wickedly.  Probably over the whole bed-sharing line.  He couldn't help but laugh right along with them.  

"Computer, freeze program," the real-life Gabriel called out, as the happy scene halted.  He reached up, running his fingers through his wife's long, black hair, drawing her in for a kiss very similar to the one just seen in the holovid.  "If I keep practicing," he said, resting his forehead against hers, "I'm going to get pretty good at that.  Do you want to watch any more?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 7:07 pm

"You're already pretty good at that," Archangel told her husband, smiling at him. It made her heart feel light to see their wedding again. To remember the day that had marked a milestone in their relationship as well as in their joint recovery after what Jarris had done to them. She sighed softly, bringing her hands up to gently trace the line of his jaw.

"I think we've seen the essentials," she replied. "I seem to remember that there was a lot of awkward dancing after the reception." She drew back slightly, a teasing smile on her face. "Actually, yes, I think watching more could be fun. Like Aria discovering cake."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:34 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"You're already pretty good at that," Archangel told her husband, smiling at him.  It made her heart feel light to see their wedding again.  To remember the day that had marked a milestone in their relationship as well as in their joint recovery after what Jarris had done to them.  She sighed softly, bringing her hands up to gently trace the line of his jaw.

"I think we've seen the essentials," she replied.  "I seem to remember that there was a lot of awkward dancing after the reception." She drew back slightly, a teasing smile on her face.  "Actually, yes, I think watching more could be fun.  Like Aria discovering cake."

Gabriel grinned happily, like a cat in a creamery.  "You know what they say, right?  About practice making perfect?"  To punctuate his point, he kissed his wife again as his eyes closed in contented pleasure at the feeling of her fingers tracing his jaw.  It was a sensation that he adored.  I should get her to try sculpting, some time, Gabriel thought.  Those are artists' hands.

Reluctantly breaking away from the embrace, Gabriel moved the program forward to the reception.  Late afternoon was starting to give way to evening, with the golden ball of the sun casting amber and orange against the clouds.  As he watched their holographic selves partaking in the traditional first dance, Gabe couldn't help but remember how much it had strained Archangel's healing leg.  The dance had been short, but sweet.

The real Gabriel reached over, taking his wife by the hand.  "My lady," he softly said, "would you like to dance with me?  We are in the best kind of company," he said, meaning that all the holographic people around them couldn't see, unless he told the computer to allow them to.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 3:02 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel grinned happily, like a cat in a creamery.  "You know what they say, right?  About practice making perfect?"  To punctuate his point, he kissed his wife again as his eyes closed in contented pleasure at the feeling of her fingers tracing his jaw.  It was a sensation that he adored.  I should get her to try sculpting, some time, Gabriel thought.  Those are artists' hands.

Reluctantly breaking away from the embrace, Gabriel moved the program forward to the reception.  Late afternoon was starting to give way to evening, with the golden ball of the sun casting amber and orange against the clouds.  As he watched their holographic selves partaking in the traditional first dance, Gabe couldn't help but remember how much it had strained Archangel's healing leg.  The dance had been short, but sweet.

The real Gabriel reached over, taking his wife by the hand.  "My lady," he softly said, "would you like to dance with me?  We are in the best kind of company," he said, meaning that all the holographic people around them couldn't see, unless he told the computer to allow them to.

Archangel hung back as the program moved on to the reception. She could see her holographic self's difficulty in movement, the limp in her step as she danced for the first time as a married woman. It was embarrassing to her, especially to know that she still had a degree of a limp. At least the family had understood that she couldn't dance at the wedding for all that long. They had respected the fact that she still had a lot of recovery to do.

She smiled slightly as she watched her holographic self and the holographic Gabriel make their way over to the small band that was providing the music. Her other self spotted the Vulcan lute sitting unassumingly next to the band, and cast an amused look at her new husband. Gabriel had and still did push her to explore her artistic capabilities and show them off. Picking up the lute, despite the awkwardness of having her hand bound to Gabriel's, she started to pluck out a tune to match the band's.

The real Archangel smiled at the sight of the newly weds, turning that smile to Gabriel. "You finally got me to play in front of people," she teased, but then, as he asked her to dance, the smile softened. "I can't promise not to step on your toes again..."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 3:50 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel hung back as the program moved on to the reception.  She could see her holographic self's difficulty in movement, the limp in her step as she danced for the first time as a married woman.  It was embarrassing to her, especially to know that she still had a degree of a limp.  At least the family had understood that she couldn't dance at the wedding for all that long.  They had respected the fact that she still had a lot of recovery to do.

She smiled slightly as she watched her holographic self and the holographic Gabriel make their way over to the small band that was providing the music.  Her other self spotted the Vulcan lute sitting unassumingly next to the band, and cast an amused look at her new husband.  Gabriel had and still did push her to explore her artistic capabilities and show them off.  Picking up the lute, despite the awkwardness of having her hand bound to Gabriel's, she started to pluck out a tune to match the band's.

The real Archangel smiled at the sight of the newly weds, turning that smile to Gabriel.  "You finally got me to play in front of people," she teased, but then, as he asked her to dance, the smile softened.  "I can't promise not to step on your toes again..."

"And you play it wonderfully," Gabe answered, referencing the lute.  "Everyone thought so, and said so, too."  Taking her hands in his, he rested them on his shoulders, placing his own hands around her waist, drawing them close.  The temptation to kiss her again was too overwhelming, and so he gave in to it.  Not that he had tried to fight it at all, in the first place...

With that, the couple began to move in time with the music.  "Steel-toed boots," he softly said.  "Starfleet issue."  Gabriel playfully poked his tongue out.  

As they moved, Gabe was reminded of the reason he'd asked her to here, in the first place.  It was a reason that, having viewed all the holovid, and relived the moments with her, seeing her strength, and all she'd come through, both on her own and with him...well.  The reason had been to discuss the possibility of resigning his commission and staying on as an enlisted officer.  Now, though...he knew that it was foolish.  Archangel knew the risks inherent, and she'd made a decision with that knowledge in mind.  How could he dishonor her wishes?  No.  There would be no resignations.

The couple danced on.

Proudly it stands
Until the world's end
The Victorious Banner of love
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Victorious Banner   The Victorious Banner I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Victorious Banner
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum