Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] Empty
PostSubject: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 1:35 pm

The sun beat down on the green landscape of Virginia, a beautiful day, the end of spring giving way to the first blushes of summer.  The abundantly verdant fields were dotted with the blossoms from the fruit trees, spread out where the light breeze had lifted them as they fell.  No holodeck could accurately reproduce something like this in its entirety, replicate the delicate floral scents on the air or the avian symphony.

Archangel T'Koris looked out at this landscape from the back porch of the farmhouse on the Arthur homestead, smiling faintly as she looked out on the expanse of well-maintained garden.  She hadn't been sure that she would ever return to this place, not after Gabriel's abrupt medical leave and the reasons behind it.  Her knowledge of his family's acceptance had been shaky at best and now that knowledge was once again in question.

Her hand rested on the back of an old rocking chair, the same one she had sat in when she had been recovering from the Jarris incident, as she watched several of her crew members chatting in the garden, many of the ship's children running and laughing as they played with each other and among them, Seika and Aria.  In essence, they were the reason for this gathering.  A belated birthday party for the pair of them and, to her, a celebration of the fact that the family was back together.  That thought was the one that brought the faint smile to her lips as she watched them play and wondered where Gabriel had gotten to.
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 2:13 pm

Andrew Sheridan had never been to the place his Captain called home. It was a beautiful place to be sure, and it was good to see this side of his Captain and friend. His eyes took in the children laughing and carrying on with her own, and it made him smile. He remembered the time he first came aboard. That had been the time Starfleet had lost contact with the cruiser, and he had led a small team to investigate. His arrival had found the ship taken over, and in the course of retaking the ship...Andrew had met his Captain's children. Somehow, they had managed not to be beamed away with the rest...along with a couple of other individuals.

Since then, he had heard reports of at least one of the children learning the ropes of engineering at times. It only made him smile to remember all the times he had helped his father on various projects. It was a bittersweet smile, but a smile all the same. These children were fortunate...they had both of their parents, and Andrew found himself silently promising to always defend them while they were on the ship...and even if they weren't. They were a part of his Captain's life...that was all the reason he needed. Of course, they were also a part of Gabriel Arthur's life...her husband, and the ship's former XO. It was a position Andrew now held, and he wondered at how meeting Gabriel since becoming First Officer would be like. He hoped the man didn't think he had usurped him somehow.

He found his CO standing at some rocking chair...a smile crossing her lips as she watched her children playing with the others. It was good to see her smile, and Andrew nodded slightly with approval. The last mission had been rough on them. It was still hard to look at her and realize she was so important in the Romulan Star Empire. She was the D'hael...not that he even knew what that really meant. Whatever it meant...other Romulans gave her a great deal of respect...even those serving the Tal Shiar. Not that any of that really mattered to him...she was still his Captain.

He turned to find Sophie playing with two of the children, and a new smile crossed his face. They had not had a lot of time to spend together considering how things had been on the ship of late. This, for them, was their first chance to get away from duties for a bit. Since their first time at the Christmas party; Andrew wondered if he shouldn't make them more official...instead of just casually dating, but though he was great with people on a professional level...romance was a whole different matter. Still, the very idea of actively courting Sophie made his heart race a bit. Now, however, he decided, was not the time. This was Archangel's time for her family. Perhaps after the party...the two of them would talk.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 8:51 pm

[Arthur Farm, Wytheville, Virginia]

"Alright, hold on, hold on," Gabriel said, grinning happily as he rubbed down the little beagle puppy. He'd stepped into the main farmhouse to check on the dog, making sure it was alright. Staying out-of-sight until the right time was a lonely proposition for an excitable creature, but the pup seemed to be handling it well. "Not long, now...not long until you have more love than you can handle."

Straightening, Gabe stretched and worked at a crick in his lower back. It was substantially less than what it usually was...the family R&R on earth had done them all wonders. He and Archangel had been keeping the puppy in one of the guest homes on the farm, while Seika and Aria had 'camped out' with their grandparents and great-grandparents. Gabriel had especially enjoyed the opportunity to be alone with his wife.

Gabriel stepped out onto the porch, smiling as he saw Arch. She was in her favorite chair. Many were the hours they'd spent on the porch, sitting and rocking as she had been in recovery from the devastating attack on a ship long gone. He noted, however, that she wasn't alone on the porch - Sheridan was there, too. Gabriel suppressed a small sigh, putting on an open, but neutral face as he approached the man. He'd often avoided Sheridan...mostly because he was busy as one-lobed Ferengi in a flesh-house on the ship, but also...

You avoid him because he's a constant reminder of how you failed. The thought had come unbidden, and it wasn't at all fair, least of all to Andrew Sheridan, but...it was still there. Well. He'd found the internal fortitude to come back where he was needed...the least he could do was talk to the man.

"I don't guess granddad has made you try any moonshine yet? I won't report you...we're off duty."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2015 11:46 pm

Julia stepped off the porch and onto the yard. A child's birthday gift in hand she took a moment to take in the sights and sounds. The sight of the children playing brought a smile to her face. She had a tendency to get herself so wrapped up in her work that she forgot, at times, that there were children and families aboard the Phoenix. Events like this made Julia consider her own future. She had dreams of finding a man and raising children as she served the Federation. You got to meet someone first Julia, don't get ahead of yourself. She thought to herself as her smile grew into a smirk.

She stepped onto the grass and soaked in the sunshine. The sound of children playing and the conversations of her colleagues filled the air around her. She spotted Gabe and Andrew and made her way over. She had a tendency to gravitate to Andrew in these social settings. She had always been comfortable with him, especially given her recent promotion to Second Officer. She often wondered if he had played a part in her promotion. There were several officers who were more experienced. They were war veterans with years of service under their belts. Captain T'Koris had always seemed indifferent to her, but to Julia, T'Koris seemed indifferent to everything. Sheridan, however, was different. He seemed to take an interest in her development from the moment she stepped on the ship.

She smiled and waved as she cautiously stepped up to the pair of officers. She caught the words moonshine.. Moonshine? She thought. She had never heard of it before. She looked to Arthur. "Moonshine... dare I ask? What is moonshine?" She let out a nervous laughter hoping that no one would be shocked that she didn't know what it was.
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2015 8:48 pm

And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] Jim%20Arthur_zpsrlv9e0q2
Jim Arthur

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Her hand rested on the back of an old rocking chair, the same one she had sat in when she had been recovering from the Jarris incident, as she watched several of her crew members chatting in the garden, many of the ship's children running and laughing as they played with each other and among them, Seika and Aria.  In essence, they were the reason for this gathering.  A belated birthday party for the pair of them and, to her, a celebration of the fact that the family was back together.  That thought was the one that brought the faint smile to her lips as she watched them play and wondered where Gabriel had gotten to.

Jim Arthur smiled, resting his hands on his knees as his great-grandaughter, Aria, scampered up to him and handed him a flower.  "For Poppy!" she beamed, her curly blonde hair bouncing as she bounded away again, off toward where Seika was playing.  He stuffed the little dandelion into his front shirt pocket, the yellow bloom poking out.  It made him happy to see the girls enjoying their time here on Earth.

Their mother, however, seemed ill-at-ease.  Jim knew enough about what had happened between Gabe and her, but he knew his grandson had gone back into space.  It was an issue between the two of them, for the two of them to work out.  

"Couldn't ask for a better day for this," Jim said, walking up close to Archangel and leaning against the porch railing.  "Girls might even be able to go swimming, later.  They might need it to wash the cake off."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 5:32 am

Archangel was vaguely aware of Andrew Sheridan standing beside her as she stood watching the gathering. Their last mission had raised a lot of questions from the young first officer after seeing how the Romulans had responded to her, but those questions had yet to be asked. At some point, she was going to have to sit down with him and let him ask her everything he felt he wanted to, but that could wait. For now, they were off duty, under orders to relax and try to have some fun.

She did, however, jump at the sound of a familiar voice behind her, wincing slightly as she recognised the voice of Gabriel's grandfather. She had made an effort to stay away from the family, unwilling to associate herself with them again. She was sure that they blamed her for Gabriel's collapse. Swallowing hard and schooling herself back into captain mode, she inclined her head to him, discreetly trying to put a little more space between them.

"Aria, certainly. Her habit of getting her food everywhere doesn't seem to be improving with age," she replied carefully. "Gabriel always thought that she would turn out to be quite the artist"
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:07 am

"Moonshine...no, not as yet," Andrew said to Gabriel with a slight smile. His eyes came away from Sophie for a moment to gaze at his former XO. It was then he realized the two of them did not yet really know each other outside of assignments. Though Andrew had risen quickly to be Gabriel Arthur's Second Officer and support; the two had not spent any time outside of work. Most of what he knew of the man was small things. He was the father of two lovely little girls, husband to his Captain, and had been an Engineer. He was a good officer, a stalwart friend, and someone who could be trusted when things were bad. Yet, though all of those things said a lot about Gabriel; it was not nearly enough to really complete a true picture. There was a vague sense of unease coming from him, and Andrew could understand why. After all, the positions were now a bit reversed with Andrew his superior instead of the other way around.

When he heard Julia come up and ask about moonshine; Andrew had to chuckle a bit. "Moonshine was a very high proof type of liquor created, and mostly...as I recall...illicitly. I think it was mostly famous in the old southern states of the United States...especially back in the like 19th and early 20th centuries," Andrew told her.

Her rise to Second Officer had pleased him, and the two thus far had seem to work well together. She was a good officer, and she had a sharp mind for details it seemed. He found himself wanting her to succeed from the moment she had come aboard. It wasn't something he could explain, but the desire for Julia to succeed was strong. Andrew shook the thought away for a moment. It didn't matter why he supported her; only that he would help her grow as the worked together for their Captain and companions.

It was then his eyes caught Sophie again, and he found himself blushing ever so slightly. Now was not the time to be simply standing there without her by his side. He started to walk toward her...literally took two steps just past Julia when he saw a man he did not know come up to Sophie and kiss her neck softly from behind.

Andrew froze...standing just behind Julia...gulped hard...and just froze....
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 5:10 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
"Moonshine...no, not as yet," Andrew said to Gabriel with a slight smile.  His eyes came away from Sophie for a moment to gaze at his former XO.  It was then he realized the two of them did not yet really know each other outside of assignments.  Though Andrew had risen quickly to be Gabriel Arthur's Second Officer and support; the two had not spent any time outside of work.  Most of what he knew of the man was small things.  He was the father of two lovely little girls, husband to his Captain, and had been an Engineer.  He was a good officer, a stalwart friend, and someone who could be trusted when things were bad.  Yet, though all of those things said a lot about Gabriel; it was not nearly enough to really complete a true picture.  There was a vague sense of unease coming from him, and Andrew could understand why.  After all, the positions were now a bit reversed with Andrew his superior instead of the other way around.

When he heard Julia come up and ask about moonshine; Andrew had to chuckle a bit.  "Moonshine was a very high proof type of liquor created, and mostly...as I recall...illicitly.  I think it was mostly famous in the old southern states of the United States...especially back in the like 19th and early 20th centuries," Andrew told her.

Her rise to Second Officer had pleased him, and the two thus far had seem to work well together.  She was a good officer, and she had a sharp mind for details it seemed.  He found himself wanting her to succeed from the moment she had come aboard.  It wasn't something he could explain, but the desire for Julia to succeed was strong.  Andrew shook the thought away for a moment.  It didn't matter why he supported her; only that he would help her grow as the worked together for their Captain and companions.

It was then his eyes caught Sophie again, and he found himself blushing ever so slightly.  Now was not the time to be simply standing there without her by his side.  He started to walk toward her...literally took two steps just past Julia when he saw a man he did not know come up to Sophie and kiss her neck softly from behind.

Smiling slightly, Gabriel nodded as Julia approached the group. "Right, more or less," he said to Sheridan, with a laugh. "This guy knows his history." A part of him had been relieved when Starfleet and Archangel had made Sheridan's appointment as his replacement a permanent thing. It had been madness to believe that a married couple should be the number one and number two of a Starfleet vessel...especially since the incident with Jarris had forced Archangel to place her duty over his own life. He always tried his best not to ever resent that. He was successful almost every time, too.

Enough of that, he thought, chastising himself for resenting that his wife was a stronger person than he was. Gabe turned his attention back to Sheridan, but whatever he was going to ask the man died on his lips at the stricken look on the XO's face. "Uh," Gabriel said, cocking an eyebrow. "Andrew? Is everything ok?"
Back to top Go down
NPC

NPC

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 5:21 pm

And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] Jim%20Arthur_zpsrlv9e0q2
Jim Arthur

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel was vaguely aware of Andrew Sheridan standing beside her as she stood watching the gathering.  Their last mission had raised a lot of questions from the young first officer after seeing how the Romulans had responded to her, but those questions had yet to be asked.  At some point, she was going to have to sit down with him and let him ask her everything he felt he wanted to, but that could wait.  For now, they were off duty, under orders to relax and try to have some fun.

She did, however, jump at the sound of a familiar voice behind her, wincing slightly as she recognised the voice of Gabriel's grandfather.  She had made an effort to stay away from the family, unwilling to associate herself with them again.  She was sure that they blamed her for Gabriel's collapse.  Swallowing hard and schooling herself back into captain mode, she inclined her head to him, discreetly trying to put a little more space between them.

"Aria, certainly.  Her habit of getting her food everywhere doesn't seem to be improving with age," she replied carefully.  "Gabriel always thought that she would turn out to be quite the artist"

"Hrn," Jim softly grunted, cocking a grin at the Romulan girl. "Figured they'd have robotic nannies or something up there to take care of that." The older man held up his hands, shaking his head. "Joking, of course. I only a luddite by choice...not because I don't know to work a computer terminal." Jim leaned on the railing again. "I suppose, though, it's a vastly different world up there, since the last time I was in space for any given amount of time."

Truth was, he'd rarely gone much further than Proxima since settling back on the ancestral land after nearly twenty years of service to the Merchant Marine Corps. "Her daddy was a little artist, too. Used to bring little handfuls of clay from the creek banks, and made pots and dinosaurs out of it. Anna's still got several of them on the shelves."

Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Andrew Sheridan wrote:
"Moonshine...no, not as yet," Andrew said to Gabriel with a slight smile.  His eyes came away from Sophie for a moment to gaze at his former XO.  It was then he realized the two of them did not yet really know each other outside of assignments.  Though Andrew had risen quickly to be Gabriel Arthur's Second Officer and support; the two had not spent any time outside of work.  Most of what he knew of the man was small things.  He was the father of two lovely little girls, husband to his Captain, and had been an Engineer.  He was a good officer, a stalwart friend, and someone who could be trusted when things were bad.  Yet, though all of those things said a lot about Gabriel; it was not nearly enough to really complete a true picture.  There was a vague sense of unease coming from him, and Andrew could understand why.  After all, the positions were now a bit reversed with Andrew his superior instead of the other way around.

When he heard Julia come up and ask about moonshine; Andrew had to chuckle a bit.  "Moonshine was a very high proof type of liquor created, and mostly...as I recall...illicitly.  I think it was mostly famous in the old southern states of the United States...especially back in the like 19th and early 20th centuries," Andrew told her.

Her rise to Second Officer had pleased him, and the two thus far had seem to work well together.  She was a good officer, and she had a sharp mind for details it seemed.  He found himself wanting her to succeed from the moment she had come aboard.  It wasn't something he could explain, but the desire for Julia to succeed was strong.  Andrew shook the thought away for a moment.  It didn't matter why he supported her; only that he would help her grow as the worked together for their Captain and companions.

It was then his eyes caught Sophie again, and he found himself blushing ever so slightly.  Now was not the time to be simply standing there without her by his side.  He started to walk toward her...literally took two steps just past Julia when he saw a man he did not know come up to Sophie and kiss her neck softly from behind.

Earth history was clearly not Julia's strength. "Well sirs." She paused and looked to both of the officers. "I think I will pass for now. Perhaps another time. But I could go for a cup of coffee." She shielded her eyes and looked up in the direction of the sun. The light illuminated her skin and the heat became very apparent. "Make that an iced coffee."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Andrew didn't turn to Gabriel...he couldn't. His eyes were solely on Sophie, and on the man that had kissed her so familiarly before all the guests and shipmates present. Something Julia said was enough to catch him..even if just for the moment. Perhaps it was a call to serve...no matter how little...a chance to get away.

"I'll get it, Julia," Andrew said quietly, and then wandered off to the bar area to make it for his friend...his ever step once more in military stride. Where moments ago he had been happy...a bit nervous, but happy and enjoying himself; now his back and shoulders were stiff.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 5:12 am

NPC wrote:
"Hrn," Jim softly grunted, cocking a grin at the Romulan girl.  "Figured they'd have robotic nannies or something up there to take care of that."  The older man held up his hands, shaking his head.  "Joking, of course.  I only a luddite by choice...not because I don't know to work a computer terminal."  Jim leaned on the railing again.  "I suppose, though, it's a vastly different world up there, since the last time I was in space for any given amount of time."  

Truth was, he'd rarely gone much further than Proxima since settling back on the ancestral land after nearly twenty years of service to the Merchant Marine Corps.  "Her daddy was a little artist, too.  Used to bring little handfuls of clay from the creek banks, and made pots and dinosaurs out of it.  Anna's still got several of them on the shelves."  

"I did program a holographic babysitter shortly before Aria was born," Archangel replied quietly. She smiled slightly at the mention of Gabriel's artistic skills, remembering the night when he had moved into her quarters on the Discovery and told her that he had been surprised to find a potter's wheel there. Over the time that she had known her husband, his artistic skills had come out so many times. In drawing landscapes during their infrequent shore leaves, designing a nursery for their girls, planning their wedding attire and encouraging her with her lute. The young Romulan's cheeks flushed a faint green as she remembered the portrait he had painted of her, long ago on their honeymoon.

"He still is a talented artist," she murmured. "And delights in encouraging the girls as well. He's a great father to them, always has been, even though he doubts himself sometimes."
Back to top Go down
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2015 3:10 pm

Andrew didn't bother to glance around further, but quietly made Julia her iced coffee. After all, what was there to say...or do at this point. His Captain's two little girls were having a birthday party, and the one he was going to spend the day with had some kiss her affectionately on the neck before all. It was hardly the time or place for him to do anything. So, after making Julia her iced coffee with quiet precision; Andrew turned and strode over to the Second Officer.

"Here, Julia. Enjoy," he whispered almost to the point of not being heard. Then, with a bow to Archangel and Gabriel Arthur; Andrew turned and left...his stride filled with control...until he reached the transporter point.

=/\= PHOENIX, one to transport home. =/\= A moment later, with Andrew's gaze upon Sophie, he vanished in the blue haze of the transporter beam.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]   And a Little Dog Too!  [Open to All] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And a Little Dog Too! [Open to All]
Page 1 of 1