Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home

Go down 
+8
Chloé Lavigne
Gavin Van Gelder
Sigma Nu
Kejal Buris
Julia Rellek
Conor Terell
Kintiss
Archangel T'Koris
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home Empty
PostSubject: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 5:21 pm

Captain's Log

It's been three days since our unexpected venture through the conduit and repairs, as much as we can do them, have been progressing swiftly. Lieutenant Jiseth managed to locate and land us on an L-class planet to conduct repairs. It wasn't the easiest of landings, but we're still in one piece.

All personnel who have any training in starship operations and engineering, including myself, have been drafted from their normal posts in order to pull double shifts to help with repairs. All non-essential systems have been taken offline so that we can conserve energy since the warp core's too unstable to reactivate without it going through a more thorough check than we can do here. Holodecks, replicators, even as many decks as we can spare are all offline. The outer hull has been patched up, but personnel won't be stationed there for the return journey just in case it fails.

Current estimate on repairs puts us at a few hours from being able to take off again. We have been analysing what little data we managed to collect inside the conduit and hopefully we'll be able to come up with a strategy to keep us from taking so much damage on the return journey.

I'm looking forward to being back in familiar stars.

End log.

[Bridge]

Archangel rubbed her temples, trying to keep the head ache at bay as she stepped out of the turbolift and onto the bridge. She had spend so many hours crawling through Jefferies tubes and bent over consoles in the last few days that her body, which hadn't been accustomed to such exercises ever since she had made the jump to command, was protesting this loudly. She could have sworn that she had a bruise developing over her ridges and all over her body from the tubes.

She stepped down to the command chairs, nodding to Julia. The young commander had been taking the majority of the bridge watches so that Archangel could help out down in Engineering. As good as it had been to get her hands back on the guts of the ship, her sense of duty couldn't be denied.

"Commander, if you could get a representative from each department to come to the briefing room, it's time for an update on our progress," she said.
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

First Officer's Recognition
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 5:34 pm

[Sickbay]

Sickbay was less of a mess than before, but it was still chaotic. All the medical staff were being worked round the clock to heal the wounded, the biobeds were all being used to hold injured crewmen some of the systems were still damaged, so Kintiss was already in a fairly agitated mood. The worst part, however, was that the replicator was offline, and it had been hours since he'd had a Raktajino. He'd had to revert to the caffeine pills, which always left a bitter taste in his mouth.

This would not stand. If he had to stomach them again, he'd go crazy.

At least they were making progress. A lot of the crewmen injured in the crossing were completely healed, but unless they could get back to Federation space or fix the power, it would take a miracle, or just a lot of hard work, to fix everyone up.
Back to top Go down
http://mellowgadget.blogspot.com
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 9:56 pm

[Bridge]

It was quiet outside, and that suited Conor just fine.

The young sec/tac officer was taking one of his turns on the bridge's watch duty - the continual, sweeping sensor readings that kept a virtual 'eye' on the Phoenix's surroundings. As powerful as she was, the ship was mightily unwieldy in the atmosphere of a planet. This was a craft made for the void of space. Sitting here on a ghost town of a world made him feel so...vulnerable.

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Commander, if you could get a representative from each department to come to the briefing room, it's time for an update on our progress," she said.  

"All's quiet," Conor said, falling in beside Captain T'Koris as she passed his station by. He was, ostensibly, her personal yeoman. It was a situation that was usually reserved for up-and-coming Command-branch junior officers, though Conor hadn't sat for OTC testing as of yet. Still, commanding officers were expected to take a yeoman under their wing, so to speak. Only this Romulan raptor often seemed as if she'd rather him be somewhere else. Anywhere else. "I noticed you skipped your protein ration this morning, so I took the liberty of leaving one on your ready room desk."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 7:20 am

Julia was sitting watch on the bridge. For the most part, things were quiet. The crew had been diligently working to repair the ship systems but several key systems were still offline. For Julia, most notably, were the replicator. Her head was laying in the palm of her hand. She had been without coffee for three days. She lifted her head and stared at her empty cup sitting next to her chair. She brushed off the uncomfortable feeling and stood as T'Koris stepped on to the bridge.

"Ma'am." She nodded.

T'Koris wrote:

"Aye sir." She nodded and moved to pull together the crew.

She tapped her communicator. =/\="All senior officers, please report to the briefing room."=/\= Se paused and tapped her communicator again. =/\="Rellek to sickbay, Lieutenant Kintiss. Please join the briefing as well.=/\=

Julia moved to head to the briefing room. "Gavin, why don't you sit in as well and represent the science department."

Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:52 am

[Bridge]

Buris was sitting at the Bridge Ops station, silently monitoring the repair operations across the ship. Around the back of his chair was a two meter long coil of ODN patch cable, connected at one end to a phase converter "borrowed" from a spare phaser, which was itself then attached to a tricorder. It wasn't a great solution, but it gave them basic I/O in a hurry when a station went black because of repairs. Every critical area of the ship had been issued one of these assemblies 'just in case'.

The computer had been mostly repaired - but the replicator database was corrupted beyond hope of repair by the head-and-spindle going haywire. Every attempt to fix it so far had failed, so they fell back on field ration packs. The Bajoran didn't see what everyone was complaining about; they were nutritionally complete meals - who cared about anything else? But they had the main database back online, and they'd probably only go for repairs, not a full drydock-and-refit.

When the Captain called for her briefing, Buris was prepared to pull the reports so far down into a PADD, and was leaned slightly forward in case he needed to get up. However, he relaxed when Rellek called for the senior officers. That was not a group he was counted in, nor one he wanted to be for the moment. When a brig was looking up from a bridge, there was inevitably a problem. But who knew what was going to happen when they got back to the other side of the Galaxy? There might even be a Dishonorable Discharge in it for him from mouthing off to the Captain on her Bridge, and he'd finally get to see New Zealand - or at least the penal colony. He'd been told it was a beautiful place; he figured he should have gone when he was on Earth. But with that thought in mind, Buris tapped a few buttons, and quickly pushed as much of the data to Chief Callan as he could from the Bridge, so she wouldn't have to take much time compiling a report. No need to give her extra work, after all. It wasn't like Ops was going to be a real presence at the meeting anyway, not when their main representatives on the ship were an NCO, an Ensign, and a Cadet.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 1:20 pm

Conor Terell wrote:
"All's quiet," Conor said, falling in beside Captain T'Koris as she passed his station by.  He was, ostensibly, her personal yeoman.  It was a situation that was usually reserved for up-and-coming Command-branch junior officers, though Conor hadn't sat for OTC testing as of yet.  Still, commanding officers were expected to take a yeoman under their wing, so to speak.  Only this Romulan raptor often seemed as if she'd rather him be somewhere else.  Anywhere else.  "I noticed you skipped your protein ration this morning, so I took the liberty of leaving one on your ready room desk."

[Bridge]

Archangel looked up as someone approached her, nodding to Petty Officer Terell. One day, she was going to find the smart alec at Starfleet Command who thought she could use a yeoman and put her less-friendly intelligence training to use. She didn't resent the man himself, but more the position he occupied. She was perfectly capable of looking after herself and the ship without a yeoman getting underfoot.

Despite resenting the yeoman, she had to admit that his report was a welcome one. As far as she was concerned, they had already spent far too long int the Delta Quadrant as it was. She wanted to get the ship back to a starbase as soon as possible so that they could get it fully repaired rather than just patched as they had been forced to do in certain areas. With a little luck, this briefing session wouldn't throw up any new problems.

She raised one eyebrow as she listened to Connor bring up the fact that she had skipped on her ration that morning, unaware that he has been watching her that closely. It was a little uncomfortable to say the least, but she wasn't willing to let on that it was.

"I appreciate you concern, Mr Terell, but there are more important things to be worrying about than my skipping breakfast this morning," she replied. Then, with an inward sigh, she turned to the operations station and the black cloud manning it. She would much rather have been able to ignore Ensign Kejal, but she knew that the majority of the department was involved in the far more important task of repairing the ship. Although she had considered putting a note in his record concerning his attitude and the flagrant disregard he seemed to hold toward her, she had refrained. He was rather fortunate that this wasn't a warbird and that she worked hard to keep her virulent Romulan emotions in check. Had that not been the case, he would likely be floating around a nebula in a distant corner of space.

"Kejal, you'll be representing operations at the briefing since Chief Callan's otherwise occupied."
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 1:57 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I appreciate you concern, Mr Terell, but there are more important things to be worrying about than my skipping breakfast this morning," she replied.

[Bridge]

Conor quietly took a half-step to the side, allowing Captain T'Koris to issue her orders to the bridge crew. He knew that pushing issues with here was a risky prospect at any time, let alone this one. However, one thing he was not known for was timidity. He seemed to be stuck with a 'built to fail' assignment - working closely with a CO that resented his presence. He'd be damned if anyone pinned any breakdowns on him.

"Immediately so, yes," Conor quietly agreed. "However, with all due respect...we're a machine. We're parts. We all have a responsibility to be at peak fitness and, honestly, a breakdown at the top will break every level. Seems to me that taking five minutes to eat is a small price to pay when survival in hostile space is on the line." He quirked an eyebrow, face looking boyishly innocent. "Logically speaking, that is."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 2:49 pm

Conor Terell wrote:
"Immediately so, yes," Conor quietly agreed.  "However, with all due respect...we're a machine.  We're parts.  We all have a responsibility to be at peak fitness and, honestly, a breakdown at the top will break every level.  Seems to me that taking five minutes to eat is a small price to pay when survival in hostile space is on the line."  He quirked an eyebrow, face looking boyishly innocent.  "Logically speaking, that is."

[Bridge]

Turning her attention away from Ensign Kejal, Archangel found herself raising an eyebrow at Petty Officer Terell instead. She had to give him some measure of respect for calling her out on skipping meals. Generally, that job fell to Gabriel.

"Understood, Mr Terell, but I'm hardly going to fall over from skipping one meal. I will get to it when I have the time. Now, do you have the report from the tactical department, or will Lieutenant Pardek be joining us in the briefing?"
Back to top Go down
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 3:02 pm

[Engineering]

On their knees in front of an EPS conduit with a thousand repair protocols whizzing through their mind was Sigma's standard-- or at least, it had been since the ship had been effectively catapulted across the galaxy and they'd had to work endless running shifts to try and get the Phoenix back in running order. It had been mostly a successful endeavor. Though not exactly ship-shape, the vessel was nearly in one piece enough to get back through the conduit and hopefully return them all home where they belonged.

The benefits of having repair tools built into your finger reinforcers included never losing your tools. It did scare some of the other officers, but that never bothered Sigma. The deltan tapped them along the wall panel as they tried to figure out just where this damn feedback loop was coming from.

They yanked the panel away... only to reveal a nest of burnt out cables. The smell of acrid plastic hit their nose.

"We're going to need some new cabling over here! ... and maybe a couple of respirator masks. This smells like someone set fire to a chemical farm."

Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 3:55 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
=/\="Rellek to sickbay, Lieutenant Kintiss. Please join the briefing as well.=/\=

[Sickbay]

Why Kintiss was specifically being called up to the briefing, he had no idea. He wasn't the Chief Medical Officer. Having to leave Sickbay now wasn't ideal, but he could always delegate his tasks to other medical staff. One of the many benefits of holding the rank of Lieutenant.

=/\="On my way,"=/\= he replied as he handed his PADD off to an idle crewman who could probably use the work. He carried a plastic tube of caffeine pills with him, swallowing one as he reached the turbolift. As soon as the door closed and the turbolift began its ascent, he pulled a face and hissed angrily. The bitter taste had hit him, and it wasn't great.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 4:09 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia moved to head to the briefing room. "Gavin, why don't you sit in as well and represent the science department."

[Bridge]

"Aye, ma'am," Gavin replied, his head popping up from where he had been hunched over the science station like an ancient Earth gargoyle. Although it was a stressful time for the ship, he couldn't help but be amazed at the opportunity presented the Phoenix. Of course the information brought back by Voyager was invaluable, but even a handful of years was a drop in the metaphorical bucket when compared to the amount of...everything that a new quadrant offered.

He stood, pausing a moment to wonder which padd should be brought to the meeting. Although Julia was still the ship's CSO, Gavin wasn't surprised that she had him sit in for Sciences. Honestly, he didn't see how she did it. I guess by not having any semblance of a personal life. Maybe he and Thelos should invite her to dinner or something. Thinking of his Andorian made Gavin a little sad. Although they lived together, all the workload required of the quadrant-lost ship was draining on any personal time. It seemed like all there was time to do was kiss goodnight, good morning, and repeat.
Back to top Go down
Chloé Lavigne
Ensign
Ensign

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:26 pm

Bridge

Chloé had been working at the tactical station for a while now. Watching the transfer of speech on the ship between people was quite amusing she thought. As the senior officers got called in for a brieing, she relaxed a little and continued to do her work. Since she started doing day shifts once again she had already managed to cause a disruption on the ship. She decided to stick by the tactical console and not make any disruptions. As she was working she looked up and established the fact that Conor was the yeoman for the captain. 'Quite a good place to shy by.' he thought grinning then looking back down and continuing with her work.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 10:23 pm

[Turbolift]

"Alright, here goes nothing," Gabriel muttered, as he stepped into the 'lift leading from Engineering. At least the doors opened like they were supposed to. The 'lifts had just come online this morning, and although he trusted his repair crews, there was still a touch of trepidation as he stepped in. "Bridge."

[Bridge]

That was...blessedly uneventful, he thought, smiling slightly as he stepped out of the turbo cabin and onto the bridge. Things had been stressed to the max lately, but it still made Gabriel smile to see his wife. Despite the circumstances...he had enjoyed working alongside her again. Just like old times.

He ducked his head in a quick nod, making way to the conference room to wait for everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 2:22 am

[Briefing Room]

Julia passed through the doors and into the briefing room. She stood behind her chair and placed her hands onto the top of the head rest. She gave a slight nod to Commander Arthur.

"Commander, how have you been? Its nice to see you outside of the communication channels."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 2:32 am

Sigma Nu wrote:
[Engineering]

On their knees in front of an EPS conduit with a thousand repair protocols whizzing through their mind was Sigma's standard-- or at least, it had been since the ship had been effectively catapulted across the galaxy and they'd had to work endless running shifts to try and get the Phoenix back in running order. It had been mostly a successful endeavor. Though not exactly ship-shape, the vessel was nearly in one piece enough to get back through the conduit and hopefully return them all home where they belonged.

The benefits of having repair tools built into your finger reinforcers included never losing your tools. It did scare some of the other officers, but that never bothered Sigma. The deltan tapped them along the wall panel as they tried to figure out just where this damn feedback loop was coming from.

They yanked the panel away... only to reveal a nest of burnt out cables. The smell of acrid plastic hit their nose.

"We're going to need some new cabling over here! ... and maybe a couple of respirator masks. This smells like someone set fire to a chemical farm."

[Main Engineering]

Leela was working on the plasma injectors. The system had been completely fused in three trip through the conduit and Leela had been tasked to get them back online, a daunting task. Without warning a powerful odor overwhelmed her senses. It seemed to flood the space quickly. "Has Gabe been cooking again." She chuckled as she turned from her console to investigate the foul odor.

She noticed Sigma working in the space where the odor was emitting. Without thinking too much she grabbed three respirator masks and placed one over her nose and mouth. She approached the pair from behind and slung the mask in front of them.

"Could you use a couple of these?" She commented.
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 3:05 pm

Quote :
"Kejal, you'll be representing operations at the briefing since Chief Callan's otherwise occupied."

[Bridge]

Buris had to literally bite down on his tongue to stop himself from reacting to the Captain, not looking at her. He drew the report he'd sent to Callan onto a PADD there on the Bridge. He glanced up at the Captain, his tone controlled. "Acknowledged, Captain."

He took a breath and tapped his commbadge, =/\="Cadet Rayaen to the Bridge."=/\=
Back to top Go down
Conor Terell
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 6:11 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Turning her attention away from Ensign Kejal, Archangel found herself raising an eyebrow at Petty Officer Terell instead.  She had to give him some measure of respect for calling her out on skipping meals.  Generally, that job fell to Gabriel.

"Understood, Mr Terell, but I'm hardly going to fall over from skipping one meal.  I will get to it when I have the time.  Now, do you have the report from the tactical department, or will Lieutenant Pardek be joining us in the briefing?"

[Bridge]

"I s'pose Lieutenant Pardek will be sitting in the meeting, since she's the chief and all," Conor idly replied, shrugging. He reached over to one of the tactical stations, taking up his padd and tucking it under his arm. "I, on the other hand, will be there no matter what. To take notes, and all?" His grin held a touch of playfulness. Maybe T'Koris might resent him, maybe she might not ever get along with him. But he'd be damned if he let this assignment become a drag.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 11:43 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
That was...blessedly uneventful, he thought, smiling slightly as he stepped out of the turbo cabin and onto the bridge.  Things had been stressed to the max lately, but it still made Gabriel smile to see his wife.  Despite the circumstances...he had enjoyed working alongside her again.  Just like old times.

He ducked his head in a quick nod, making way to the conference room to wait for everyone else.

Kejal Buris wrote:
Buris had to literally bite down on his tongue to stop himself from reacting to the Captain, not looking at her. He drew the report he'd sent to Callan onto a PADD there on the Bridge. He glanced up at the Captain, his tone controlled. "Acknowledged, Captain."

Conor Terell wrote:
"I s'pose Lieutenant Pardek will be sitting in the meeting, since she's the chief and all," Conor idly replied, shrugging. He reached over to one of the tactical stations, taking up his padd and tucking it under his arm. "I, on the other hand, will be there no matter what. To take notes, and all?" His grin held a touch of playfulness. Maybe T'Koris might resent him, maybe she might not ever get along with him. But he'd be damned if he let this assignment become a drag.

[Bridge]

Archangel couldn't help but feel relieved at the sounds of the turbolift doors opening, meaning that they were back in operation. Traveling through the Jefferies tube network had grown old very quickly. The sensation of relief was soon accompanied by a slight smile as the 'lift yielded Gabriel. Working alongside him in engineering again, as they had on the discovery, had been enjoyable. If only it had been under better circumstances. Of course, it had been a little strange, taking orders from Gabriel rather than it being the other way around, but she hadn't been about to take over command of his engine room just because she had an extra pip.

As he wade his way to the conference room, she turned her attention to Kejal, nodding to acknowledge his response. She was already going to have to deal with him during the briefing. There was no need to compound that with any further unnecessary interaction now. Taking a deep breath and girding herself for battle, she nodded to Conor.

"Well, we'd better go then. The others can catch us up," she said, making her way across the bridge.

[Conference Room]

Walking into the briefing room, Archangel took her place at the head of the table. Normally, she would have set out coffee and biscuits for the other officers, but they were conspicuously absent this time.

"Ok, everyone, where are we with repairs."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:03 am

Julia Rellek wrote:
[Briefing Room]

Julia passed through the doors and into the briefing room. She stood behind her chair and placed her hands onto the top of the head rest. She gave a slight nod to Commander Arthur.

"Commander, how have you been? Its nice to see you outside of the communication channels."

[Briefing Room]

"Morning, Commander," Gabriel replied with a grin. It was, indeed, good to see Julia again, even if the purpose of the meeting wasn't that much of a blast. "I was starting to think that I should just start leaving pillows scattered throughout the Jeffries tubes. That way I wouldn't even have to leave them to sleep..."

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Walking into the briefing room, Archangel took her place at the head of the table. Normally, she would have set out coffee and biscuits for the other officers, but they were conspicuously absent this time.

Gabriel spared a small, personal smile for Archangel as she entered the conference room, the poor kid who'd drawn the short straw to be her yeoman close behind her. He felt she was a bit rough on him, but that was her business. Besides, if he was a command track candidate, he'd need thick skin. The fact that Terrell was a trained security officer helped. He'd never admit it to her face, but Gabriel felt better with what was tantamount to a bodyguard assigned to Archangel.

"Replicators are still offline," Gabriel replied, figuring he was as good as any to start off the round of reports. To prove his point, he tapped a few commands into her unresponsive wall unit. "Impulse engines are operational, and the last of my repair teams checked in from the EPS grid. It's closer to being a tentative green light, but still touch-and-go. As demonstrated a few minutes ago, the turbolifts are running. Warp speed will be the final thing brought online and operational. So," he drawled, shrugging slightly, "as you can see, we can almost go places, but have no way to get there."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 12:43 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Walking into the briefing room, Archangel took her place at the head of the table.  Normally, she would have set out coffee and biscuits for the other officers, but they were conspicuously absent this time.

[Conference Room]

A rather rigid and purposeful Vulcan exited the turbolift and headed directly to where the meeting was about to begin. Her gave never shifted from her destination. No greetings or replies along the way. Not even a quantum torpedo would be so direct.

Setting herself into an empty seat, T'Mir was on the far end of the table from the Captain, but it was to be expected. Mainly because it was the closest to the door and every little second mattered to this particular flight officer. Well beyond the point of neurotic.

"We can confirm the status of the impulse engines. The damage in the shuttlebays has been repaired as well and all craft are accounted for. All RCS thruster packs are functioning again. We are at the moment marginally flight worthy. The lack of atmospheric moisture is making weather predictions difficult and there are several large dust storms in the region."
Back to top Go down
Reyaen 3
Cadet
Cadet

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 1:40 am

Kejal Buris wrote:

Buris had to literally bite down on his tongue to stop himself from reacting to the Captain, not looking at her.  He drew the report he'd sent to Callan onto a PADD there on the Bridge.  He glanced up at the Captain, his tone controlled.  "Acknowledged, Captain."

He took a breath and tapped his commbadge, =/\="Cadet Rayaen to the Bridge."=/\=

[Quarters]

"Oh Founders damn it!"

Reyaen had been thoroughly enjoying her most recent game to be loaded onto her personal computer, but now it looked as if Leather Goddesses of Phobos would have to wait. As would the small bottle of rippleberry wine she was about to open. Closing the program, she saw her vast inquiries into humanoid sexuality were still downloading so at least the tasks on the bridge would help make the time go by.

=/\= On my way! =/\=

[Bridge]

Stepping off the turbolift, the Vorta wore a pleasant smirk. In her head she wondered what it would be like to live on the tiny Martian moon. She had only visited Earth once and had little time to sight-see so the majority of the Sol system remained a mystery to her outside of pictures and video recordings.

"Reporting as ordered, Ensign."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 1:48 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Morning, Commander," Gabriel replied with a grin. It was, indeed, good to see Julia again, even if the purpose of the meeting wasn't that much of a blast. "I was starting to think that I should just start leaving pillows scattered throughout the Jeffries tubes. That way I wouldn't even have to leave them to sleep..."

[Briefing Room]

Julia flashed a smile. Gabe's jovial nature brought a lighthearted moment to an otherwise somber occasion. "Well, replicator are offline. If you are in need of additional pillows I will gladly take up a collection for you." She chuckled and instinctively looked for her trusty coffee cup, only to recall that the replicators were offline. "Speaking of the replicators... Any chance of a cup of coffee anytime soon?" She laughed knowing full and well that it would take some time.

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The young First Officer listened intently as senior officers gave a summary of their efforts to bring the ship back to its optimal condition. She looked to Gavin gave a slight nod, picked up her PADD and added her insights as well. "The sensor grid comes and goes. We are having difficulties aligning the lateral array and earlier this afternoon the sensors told us we were in the Gamma Quadrant for a brief moment before re-aligning. Suffice it to say, we can't go through that conduit until we can safely and accurately ascertain a location." She paused and decided to follow Gabe's lead and add some lighthearted humor into the briefing. Joking wasn't her forte but she took a stab at it anyway. "On a positive note, however, the coffee stain lifted form the carpeting on the bridge without incident..." She looked to T'Koris. "Good as new, sir."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 10:29 am

[Bridge]

Waiting until Julia finished her report, Gavin darted a quick glance around the table. Hyperintellects often had a reputation of being utterly oblivious to social cues and mores, so he wasn't about to perpetuate that stereotype by talking over someone.

"Short-range sensors are working in conjunction with tactical, though we're looking for different things. About seven kilometers from here are a series of dolines indicative of microfracturing and relatively high porosity." He paused a moment, blinking twice before realizing that he should probably clarify the statement. "Uh. Hydraulic conductivity of that level indicates the presence of an aquifer. So...yeah. If we need it, we can gain access to a source of water. Like, y'know. Just in...case."
Back to top Go down
Kintiss
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 09, 2015 6:44 pm

[Conference Room]

It seemed like everyone was here already. Maybe if he hadn't been so busy, Kintiss could have made it up a little earlier. Maybe it just felt busier than usual because he hadn't had a Raktajino in an eternity, and it was making him a little bit agitated.

It sounded like the other departments were finishing up giving their reports, so he casually waited his turn. Well, about as casually as someone deprived of caffeine could ever be.

"We're running on half-power down in ssssickbay," he began "and we're getting injured crew by the bucket. We're managing for now, but unlessss we can get enough power to bring the replicatorsss back online, thingsss could turn ugly."
Back to top Go down
Kejal Buris
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Technical Precision

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 12:43 am

Quote :
"Reporting as ordered, Ensign."

[Bridge]

Buris stood up and passed the seat to Rayaen, standing up and completing the download of data he'd sent to Callan; soon he had a loaded PADD. He gestured. "Cadet, take the post. I'll be honest, I wish I could send you into the briefing that's happening in my stead. But, you get Bridge time instead. Anything happens, and I really do mean anything, call me."

He entered the Briefing Room with his PADD and sat down quietly. The other officers groused about the lack of replicator function. A few eyes turned toward the Ops chair and him in it. He wasn't comfortable here, but it was where he needed to be. He saw Doctor Kintiss, one of a few officers he trusted.

He shook his head sadly. "Unfortunately, even if we could get the replicator grids online, the computer core took a real beating during that trip. The second core thankfully didn't get hit with an EPS spark, but... the spindle went off-center, and severely cracked one of the platters - a few others were scratched as well. We've been able to restore it to base-level function, nothing else - we have some astrographic information, since, thankfully, the Voyager records weren't totally damaged. The cracked platter contained the main replication routine, not to mention the recipe database. Our best bet would be using the replicator in the Monongahela; but even that's dodgy, because it's not supposed to support a full starship. But even then? We'd either need someone to run up to the shuttlebay constantly, or waste what power we have on site-to-site transport."

He looked at the Captain. "We'll need to return a Starbase before we can repair the computer core."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home   Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Season 2: Mission 1: The Voyage Home
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next