Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Defrag (Deacon/Stark)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 3:21 am

Rachel listened with interest to how her second in command had handled the Academy's famous impossible test. It was certainly an inspired tale, and it gave her a small insight into how his mind worked. That was the essential point.

She sat back in her chair, observing the man. A suicide run wasn't a very common element seen in the Kobayashi Maru, but she had to give him credits for ensuring that all his non-essential personnel were off his ship as well as giving the essential personnel the choice. She nodded her head once to him.

"An interesting solution, Mr Stark," she replied honestly. "None of the cadets I administered the test to were quite that creative."
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:50 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:
Rachel listened with interest to how her second in command had handled the Academy's famous impossible test.  It was certainly an inspired tale, and it gave her a small insight into how his mind worked.  That was the essential point.

She sat back in her chair, observing the man.  A suicide run wasn't a very common element seen in the Kobayashi Maru, but she had to give him credits for ensuring that all his non-essential personnel were off his ship as well as giving the essential personnel the choice.  She nodded her head once to him.

"An interesting solution, Mr Stark," she replied honestly.  "None of the cadets I administered the test to were quite that creative."

Leaning back in the chair, Corman shrugged a little. "I thank you for the compliments, but...I still count myself fortunate enough to not have been in a situation where a full suicide dive was required. I'd have done it...and I guess I still would, and I suppose that's what the test is for." He gave a small, quick frown. "I can see how the criticisms leveled at the test are valid, too...no simulation, no matter how realistic, can ever match the real thing. Even though the Maru is done all in holobay, now...still, our brains can't turn off the fact that it's not real."

Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:56 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

Leaning back in the chair, Corman shrugged a little.  "I thank you for the compliments, but...I still count myself fortunate enough to not have been in a situation where a full suicide dive was required.  I'd have done it...and I guess I still would, and I suppose that's what the test is for."  He gave a small, quick frown.  "I can see how the criticisms leveled at the test are valid, too...no simulation, no matter how realistic, can ever match the real thing.  Even though the Maru is done all in holobay, now...still, our brains can't turn off the fact that it's not real."

A slightly evil smile crossed over Rachel's face. "Then count yourself lucky that I didn't program your test, Mr Stark. I can assure you that the ones that I put together were far closer to reality than others. It is one of the few upsides to using this VISOR." She tapped a finger against the device as she named it. "I am capable of seeing far more than the surface elements that humanoid vision is capable of. My cadets often left the holodeck and needed reassurance that they had actually left.
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 2:38 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

A slightly evil smile crossed over Rachel's face.  "Then count yourself lucky that I didn't program your test, Mr Stark.  I can assure you that the ones that I put together were far closer to reality than others.  It is one of the few upsides to using this VISOR."  She tapped a finger against the device as she named it.  "I am capable of seeing far more than the surface elements that humanoid vision is capable of.  My cadets often left the holodeck and needed reassurance that they had actually left.

"Why, Admiral Deacon," Corman grinned, "you're practically devilish." He played it lightly, but...yes, he could imagine the havoc that this woman could inflict if she truly wanted to. He also imagined the color draining from fourth-year cadets' faces as they saw that she was to be their proctor. He could almost taste the schadenfreude.

Standing up from the chair, he gave a little stretch. "I guess we could read over reports all damn day...or we could spar a bit. If you're feeling up to it."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 2:58 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

"Why, Admiral Deacon," Corman grinned, "you're practically devilish." He played it lightly, but...yes, he could imagine the havoc that this woman could inflict if she truly wanted to. He also imagined the color draining from fourth-year cadets' faces as they saw that she was to be their proctor. He could almost taste the schadenfreude.

Standing up from the chair, he gave a little stretch. "I guess we could read over reports all damn day...or we could spar a bit. If you're feeling up to it."

Rachel followed Stark's example, stretching upwards in a long, lean line. She got to her feet. "I think we've done enough reports for now, Mr Stark. A little sparring would do us well."

Walking over to the door out of her office, she activated the sensor to open them, then looked back at her second in command. "At least one of the holodecks should be free. After you."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel followed Stark's example, stretching upwards in a long, lean line.  She got to her feet.  "I think we've done enough reports for now, Mr Stark.  A little sparring would do us well."  

Walking over to the door out of her office, she activated the sensor to open them, then looked back at her second in command.  "At least one of the holodecks should be free.  After you."

"Sounds like a plan to me," Corman nodded, unable to keep the tinge of excitement from his voice. It'd been a while since he'd been able to spar, what with all the desk work and everything else that had come along with his shunting into the flag officer ranks. It would feel good to punch at something...even if only for sport. "Meet you in the holodecks, twenty minutes."

[Fifteen Minutes Later]

Dressed in Federation standard combat training uniform, Corman quickly made his way into the free holodeck. He'd wanted to steal a march on Deacon, so to speak, as a way of good-natured ribbing. However...Of course she would make it here before me, he grinned, keying the entry. "Admiral," he said, nodding. "Dressed for the occasion. Glad to see I still fit in this." He glanced down at the black uniform, similar to a karate gi, complete with slightly-tacky-looking Starfleet delta insignia on the breast.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:11 am

Corman Stark wrote:

[Fifteen Minutes Later]

Dressed in Federation standard combat training uniform, Corman quickly made his way into the free holodeck.  He'd wanted to steal a march on Deacon, so to speak, as a way of good-natured ribbing.  However...Of course she would make it here before me, he grinned, keying the entry.  "Admiral," he said, nodding.  "Dressed for the occasion.  Glad to see I still fit in this."  He glanced down at the black uniform, similar to a karate gi, complete with slightly-tacky-looking Starfleet delta insignia on the breast.

Rachel was already on the holodeck, warming up her muscles. It had been a while since she had last had a decent sparring partner. For much of the time at the Academy, she had sparred with overconfident youths in order to show them the folly of that confidence. It did quite a lot of damage to the ego to have a blind Admiral toss you around like a sack of potatoes.

She was wearing the same training uniform as her second in command, but her VISOR had been set on a low table near the arch. She turned at the sound of Stark's voice, inclining her head to him.

"I would be surprised if you didn't fit your uniform, Mr Stark," she replied with a slight smile. "You do not seem the type to let yourself go just because you reached the Admiralty."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 11:25 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel was already on the holodeck, warming up her muscles.  It had been a while since she had last had a decent sparring partner.  For much of the time at the Academy, she had sparred with overconfident youths in order to show them the folly of that confidence.  It did quite a lot of damage to the ego to have a blind Admiral toss you around like a sack of potatoes.

She was wearing the same training uniform as her second in command, but her VISOR had been set on a low table near the arch.  She turned at the sound of Stark's voice, inclining her head to him.

"I would be surprised if you didn't fit your uniform, Mr Stark," she replied with a slight smile.  "You do not seem the type to let yourself go just because you reached the Admiralty."

Corman watched the way that Deacon located him through sound. It would be a foolish mistake to assume that one could fool her through trying to trick her sense of hearing. That would be as well-honed as any Klingon's blade. One wouldn't survive long as a blind security officer, otherwise. She was canny and wily, was Admiral Rachel Deacon. However much he'd rather be assigned to...anywhere else, he certainly had respect for his CO.

"Give it time," he grinned, "for it to go to my head and for my gut to strain against my uniform belt." Corman began a series of stretches, warming up his muscles for movement. "So. What'll it be first...Fed Standard?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 4:09 am

Corman Stark wrote:

Corman watched the way that Deacon located him through sound.  It would be a foolish mistake to assume that one could fool her through trying to trick her sense of hearing.  That would be as well-honed as any Klingon's blade.  One wouldn't survive long as a blind security officer, otherwise.  She was canny and wily, was Admiral Rachel Deacon.  However much he'd rather be assigned to...anywhere else, he certainly had respect for his CO.

"Give it time," he grinned, "for it to go to my head and for my gut to strain against my uniform belt."  Corman began a series of stretches, warming up his muscles for movement.  "So.  What'll it be first...Fed Standard?"

"I will be sure to warn you if I notice power going to your head," Rachel teased, a slight half-smile apparent on her face. She still wasn't all that sure about her new second in command, but they seemed to have reached an unspoken truce, which was enough for her.

"Yes, Federation Standard would seem a logical place to start. Would you like to warm up first?" The smile grew a bit more. "We are not as young as we used to be, after all."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 7:01 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

"I will be sure to warn you if I notice power going to your head," Rachel teased, a slight half-smile apparent on her face.  She still wasn't all that sure about her new second in command, but they seemed to have reached an unspoken truce, which was enough for her.

"Yes, Federation Standard would seem a logical place to start.  Would you like to warm up first?"  The smile grew a bit more.  "We are not as young as we used to be, after all."

Reaching down to touch his toes, Corman glanced up at the admiral. "Speak for yourself," he grinned. "I'm still a virile twenty-nine year old." In truth, he counted himself fortunate not to feel too many adverse effects of his age. Breathing down the neck of fifty wasn't as terrifying of a prospect as it used to be. Then again, he guessed that it was all just perspective, anyway. Being in Starfleet afforded him the expectation of greater overall physical health than the general public. Even if PT was something that flag officers could politely take a pass on.

Arching his back a little, Corman felt a very satisfying pop in the lower area. He rolled his shoulders and neck area. "Too bad there isn't a Klingon masseur on the Promenade. They'd do a mint with stressed-out Starfleet officers. Then again...people would probably be scared spitless of it."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 2:10 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

Reaching down to touch his toes, Corman glanced up at the admiral.  "Speak for yourself," he grinned.  "I'm still a virile twenty-nine year old."  In truth, he counted himself fortunate not to feel too many adverse effects of his age.  Breathing down the neck of fifty wasn't as terrifying of a prospect as it used to be.  Then again, he guessed that it was all just perspective, anyway.  Being in Starfleet afforded him the expectation of greater overall physical health than the general public.  Even if PT was something that flag officers could politely take a pass on.

Arching his back a little, Corman felt a very satisfying pop in the lower area.  He rolled his shoulders and neck area.  "Too bad there isn't a Klingon masseur on the Promenade.  They'd do a mint with stressed-out Starfleet officers.  Then again...people would probably be scared spitless of it."

Rachel snorted in mirth at her second in command's attitude. She knew that security personnel, as long as they looked after themselves and didn't get into too many fights, generally fared better as they trundled towards old age than those in less physical departments. Then again, they did put their necks on the line far more often than any other department as well, and not everyone made it to the path to old age.

"A Klingon masseur? I'm not familiar with that concept, and I don't think I want to be. I like having my head facing in the right direction, thank you."
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:32 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:
Rachel snorted in mirth at her second in command's attitude.  She knew that security personnel, as long as they looked after themselves and didn't get into too many fights, generally fared better as they trundled towards old age than those in less physical departments.  Then again, they did put their necks on the line far more often than any other department as well, and not everyone made it to the path to old age.

"A Klingon masseur?  I'm not familiar with that concept, and I don't think I want to be.  I like having my head facing in the right direction, thank you."

Corman laughed, stretching out his fingertips toward the ceiling lights. "Sometimes the direct approach is the best...especially when it comes to knots in the back. Y'know," he said, feeling quite limber, "General K'pagH told me once that there were old humans, and bold ones...but no old, bold humans. I asked him if he was making fun of me, and he laughed and told me to shut up and drink my bloodwine." Now that his blood was moving again, Corman felt ready to take on just about anything. "Fed Standard, then we'll go Vulcan, and then Klingon. Best of three...loser buys dinner. Plan?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 3:58 pm

Corman Stark wrote:

Corman laughed, stretching out his fingertips toward the ceiling lights.  "Sometimes the direct approach is the best...especially when it comes to knots in the back.  Y'know," he said, feeling quite limber, "General K'pagH told me once that there were old humans, and bold ones...but no old, bold humans.  I asked him if he was making fun of me, and he laughed and told me to shut up and drink my bloodwine."  Now that his blood was moving again, Corman felt ready to take on just about anything.  "Fed Standard, then we'll go Vulcan, and then Klingon.  Best of three...loser buys dinner.  Plan?"

Rachel raised an eyebrow.  "That is a very Klingon point of view," she commented, remembering various Klingon parties she had met when she had been younger, following her father around his various diplomatic duties.  "Unfortunately, I beg to differ.  I have known bold, old humans.  Some of them very bold."

She finished her warm up and stretching, taking a few quick, deep breaths to properly oxygenate her blood before turning her head to where she remembered Stark to be standing.  "Sounds like a plan to me.  Are you ready?"
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 10:14 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:
Rachel raised an eyebrow.  "That is a very Klingon point of view," she commented, remembering various Klingon parties she had met when she had been younger, following her father around his various diplomatic duties.  "Unfortunately, I beg to differ.  I have known bold, old humans.  Some of them very bold."

She finished her warm up and stretching, taking a few quick, deep breaths to properly oxygenate her blood before turning her head to where she remembered Stark to be standing.  "Sounds like a plan to me.  Are you ready?"

"I like Thai," Corman said, a wolfish expression coming over his face as he lunged at Deacon. He had to quash the feeling of taking advantage of a blind woman, since he knew damn well that she could take care of herself, and would expect no special treatment or warning. Corman trusted her senses to alert her.

Taking a slight breath, Stark let it out, relaxing his body as he slipped into a combative mindframe. The actual tensing of the muscles would come as he decided to strike, which he did by extending his hand for a palm strike.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Defrag (Deacon/Stark)   Defrag (Deacon/Stark) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Defrag (Deacon/Stark)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2