Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Alexander Wu

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Completed Plot and Bio Page

Alexander Wu Empty
PostSubject: Alexander Wu   Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 15, 2014 10:35 pm

|Alexander Wu|

Alexander Wu People_lai_portrait

Basics

Name: Alexander Wu
Species: Human
Date of Birth: 20 Dec 2345

Appearance

Height: 6'2"
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Characteristic elements:

Backstory
Alex was born in a typical colony household in the 24th century alongside his twin sister, Susan, on the harsh outer frontiers of Setlik III. Barely two years of age when the Cardassian attack took place, both his parents were killed instantly during an orbital bombardment, spared, in a way, from the massacre that followed. Found in the rubble of their home days later by a Federation rescue party, they were taken back to Earth.

Yet another blow was dealt when the Child Services Agency began looking for guardians to take the two young children in. Their assigned social worker had hoped that an extended family member would step forward to raise Alex and Susan together. Unfortunately, both their father and mother had come from traditional families, and had married without permission from either side. The social worker had no choice but to separate the twins after a full year of negotiation, with Alex moving to Toronto and their paternal grandparents while Susan was sent to London with their maternal grandmother. For both, living their childhoods apart while knowing that the last real connection to their deceased parents was the other proved difficult. After several attempts with running away, accompanied with plummeting grades at school and disciplinary issues, their grandparents forcibly stopped communications between them. The only contact they had for several years came from meeting at the annual international swim competitions, where they often spent the entire duration together, catching up. Against all odds, the ties between them only grew stronger, and on their 18th birthday, both left their adoptive homes and moved to Vancouver.

Predictably, after so many years apart, they found living together quite a challenge. Both had picked up habits along the years, and it took quite some time before compromises were set. Susan had worked as a lifeguard while in London, and continued with her interest by going to Fraser University for nursing. Alex picked up odd jobs until he settled into a post as a Search and Rescue Swimmer with the Royal Lifeboat Institute. Taking professional development courses throughout, he eventually became a boat coxswain. During a demonstration to visiting dignitaries, it wasn't long before a Starfleet recruiter spoke with Alex and he made the difficult decision to once again leave his home and sister.

Career

Enlisting in Starfleet late 2366, Alex easily passed the physical challenges of Basic Training, but needed to put in extra effort for the academic portion. Due to his previous civilian experience, he selected SAR for specialization training, and graduated from the grueling SERE course after completing the mandatory "Hell Week". In 2367, he received his first assignment as a Flight Control Crewman onboard USS Gibson.

Spending several years on USS Gibson, Alex worked through the ranks and alternated between serving on the Nova Class and Starfleet Academy, improving his academic certifications and maintaining his scope of practice. Serving under multiple Captains, and short stints onboard USS Gettysburg to consolidate his Academy skills, he was soon delegated with the position of both Chief Flight Control Officer and Chief of the Boat onboard USS Gibson, reaching the pinnacle for Non-Commissioned Officers. Shortly after the loss of Gibson, he was transferred to USS Discovery, where he once again took up the posts of Chief Flight and Chief of the Boat.

It was from this precipice that Alex fell, albeit unknown to most of his peers. His sister died on a routine shuttle commute, the cause rapidly apparent as pilot error. Three people lost their lives due to a faulty power relay disabling portions of the emergency transporters, and the Starfleet officer at the helm had neglected to perform the simple check and repair prior to flight. It had taken several others to pull Alex off the officer at the investigation hearing, and he had been subsequently charged with assaulting a superior officer and misconduct. His sentencing took into consideration the nature of the case's situation, and after only a few months, he was transferred out of the Fleet Stockade.

Enlisted or Officer?: Enlisted
Department preference 1: Operations
Department Preference 2: Flight

Sample Post

You have arrived at your newest assignment...

Plucking at the collar of his new gold undershirt with distaste, Alex cursed the judge who had put him on restricted flight duties for the millionth time. He cursed his legal advisor for including that in his plea bargain, and he cursed the counselor who had suggested it in the first place. In a sense, and somewhere far down into the future, he'd be grateful for having been granted the opportunity to stay in Starfleet. Far, far, down. All he cared about at the moment was that he was a passenger on a pod moving slowly towards the station dock, where his new ship awaited.

Gone far behind him was his own ship, and crew. Stripped away without so much of a farewell or explanation, there'd be those who asked questions. Ferris, no doubt, would be digging into every corner for one, bless his Romulan determination. Luke, probably as well. Eventually, someone would find out what had really happened on Earth, and why Alex was now consigned to a faraway posting, away from the intrusive eyes and inquisitive questions. He reckoned it best. Transmissions to Starfleet JAG would take longer to send.

Swaying as their pod clunked into place, Alex breathed a slow sigh of frustration while picking up his duffel bag. Time to start again, I suppose.

Behind the Mask

Have you done textbased RP before?: Yup.

How did you find Aurora?: Sexy, with a hint of lavender.

Additional notes about yourself or your character?: Avaliable for a small fee.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Alexander Wu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexander Wu   Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:37 am

Welcome to Aurora!

I'm delighted to be able to offer you the position of operations officer on the USS Phoenix with the starting rank of Petty Officer 3rd Class.

The Phoenix isn't all that far into a mission, so feel free to jump in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Andrew Sheridan
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post of the Month - Mission
Participated in the first mission Participated in the first mission

Alexander Wu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexander Wu   Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 16, 2014 6:23 pm

Welcome to the Fleet, Alexander! It will be good to have you around on the PHOENIX. May you have a long and enjoyable stay with Aurora.
Back to top Go down
Alexander Wu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Completed Plot and Bio Page

Alexander Wu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexander Wu   Alexander Wu I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 10:57 pm

Cheers, and Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Alexander Wu Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alexander Wu   Alexander Wu I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alexander Wu
Page 1 of 1