Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Sanek I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Sanek I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Sanek I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Sanek I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Sanek I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Sanek I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Sanek I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Sanek I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Sanek I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Sanek I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Sanek

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Sanek
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sanek Empty
PostSubject: Sanek   Sanek I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 12:01 am

|Sanek|

Sanek OrzSFyT

Basics
Name: Sanek
Species: Vulcan/Betazoid
Date of Birth: 16 November, 2358

Appearance
Height: 171cm
Eyes: Black
Hair: Brown
Charictaristic elements: Standard Vulcan hairstyle and pale skin. Double Eyebrows- one Betazoid and one Vulcan (so, 4 in total). Pointed ears, but less so than most Vulcans.

Backstory
Grew up in a suburb of ShiKahr. His father, Surik, is a Vulcan, and his mother, Kestra, is a Betazoid. He was made fun of as a child, since he was able to detect what other Vulcans felt, despite their concealing of emotion. Throughout the years, however, he realized that he did not have to express emotion to experience emotion, and even made decisions based on intuition. He learned to embrace emotion and logic, which was advice given to him by a human named Rigel. Taking advice from a human was both logical and intuitional: humans have spread around their planet and beyond at an incredible rate. So, if a human is offering advice, it is logical to take it (If it worked for him, it is more likely to work for me). Sanek had to go through the Pon Farr, and his Betazoid half made the emotions even stronger. Other than that, he was like most other Vulcans, except that he looked different and that his decisions might be made by a combination of intuition and logic, rather than logic alone.

Career
He joined Starfleet Academy when he was 18 (in 2376), and did very well in most areas, but the actual training was the hardest part for him; he is more of a philosopher than a fighter. Last year, he did all of the hands-on activities that aren't reproducible in a holodeck, and will finish his lessons (OOC: similar to how Wesley goes to school on the Enterprise) while receiving real-life experience.

Enlisted or Officer?: Enlisted
Department preference 1: Engineering
Department preference 2: Science

Sample Post
Personal Log, stardate 55537.7:
I have just joined the USS Phoenix/Starbase Athena. My position is __. I am afraid I will get lost, but I will find my way eventually, and I will learn every corner of the ship/starbase. I sense excitement in everyone, even the other Vulcans, despite how much they claim excitement is "a human emotion." I must remember to keep in mind my two conflicting sides: I am a Betazoid and a Vulcan. I have learned not to express my emotion, though, I too am excited. Experiencing emotion is wonderful, but the main problem is expressing said emotion. I do hope this assignment is fulfilling and meaningful, and, in the loosest sense of the word, spiritual. May my logic help with decision narrowing, and may my intuition help me for when I need it in making difficult decisions. I wish my family would accept my turn towards emotionalism, I am still a logical person, but I embrace my emotion. I need to go back to my studies at Starfleet Academy's Virtual Courses.

Behind the Mask
Have you done textbased RP before?: Yes, but I'm not great at it.

How did you find Aurora?: I am part of a NationStates region called Esamir that uses Forumotion as an external RP forum, so, for the fun of it, I searched "star trek" on Forumotion's website, and came across Aurora.

Additional notes about yourself or your character?: Sanek, being part Vulcan, likes having a structure and a plan for most days. OOC: I need to do some more character development. I make a lot of it up as I go, so I this is a place to write it down, and keep it consistent.

Last edited by 1998tkhri on Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Sanek Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanek   Sanek I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 3:53 am

Welcome to Aurora Fleet!

After reading your application, I'm delighted to be able to offer you the position of Engineering crewman aboard the USS Phoenix with the rank of Petty Officer 3rd Class.

We currently have a mission running on the Phoenix that you can jump into if you wish, just let either Captain T'Koris or Commander Arthur know.

Please note that due to the unfortunate fact that both of the admins are occupied with real life for Christmas, it may take a day or two in order to put up your rank image and ID card, but don't worry about that. Go and jump in!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Sanek
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Sanek Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanek   Sanek I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 9:03 am

Great! Thanks. Just a question- how do you find/create the picture for the ID card?
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Sanek Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanek   Sanek I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 25, 2014 4:45 pm

1998tkhri wrote:
Great! Thanks. Just a question- how do you find/create the picture for the ID card?

Hey! Glad to see you. Sanek sounds like an interesting character.

You can just find a picture for him and save it to Photobucket or something, and then post the link to it in your application with image tags. Your ID badge will be made by the staff and attached to your account.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sanek Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sanek   Sanek I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sanek
Page 1 of 1