Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 9:58 pm

Chira Arthur wrote:

Chira beamed delightedly as Henriks got down to one knee again in the classic 'proposal' position.  A few other dining patrons were watching, laughing along good-naturedly.  Chira could hardly be bothered about the public display.  They had, after all, danced through a mess hall, once.  Besides...she was engaged!  The couple was entitled to a bit of romance-induced frivolity.

"With this strawberry, you thee wed?" she asked, taking up the berry-holding hand in her own, kissing it, and then taking a bite from the red fruit.  As she did, Chira made sure to lightly brush her lips over his fingers.  "Careful, Abols.  Strawberry is a passion fruit, y'know."

[Replimat]

Henriks grinned, the corners of his mouth stretching to the limit. The sound of soft laughter reached his ears, but he took no note, with eyes only for his lady. She took his hand in hers, berry still in hand, and took a bite, brushing her lips on the tips of his fingers. "Careful, m'lady," he told her with a laugh. "You might get confused and take a bite out of me, though I wouldn't mind if you did." He poked his tongue at her with the vague repetition of her earlier words.

He bit the rest of the strawberry that was still in his hand. "Passion fruit?" he mused. "I am always care, m'lady," he added with a mischievous grin. Henriks picked up another chocolate covered berry and smeared a little on the tip of her nose.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:59 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Replimat]

Henriks grinned, the corners of his mouth stretching to the limit. The sound of soft laughter reached his ears, but he took no note, with eyes only for his lady. She took his hand in hers, berry still in hand, and took a bite, brushing her lips on the tips of his fingers. "Careful, m'lady," he told her with a laugh. "You might get confused and take a bite out of me, though I wouldn't mind if you did." He poked his tongue at her with the vague repetition of her earlier words.

He bit the rest of the strawberry that was still in his hand. "Passion fruit?" he mused. "I am always care, m'lady," he added with a mischievous grin. Henriks picked up another chocolate covered berry and smeared a little on the tip of her nose.

Settling back into her chair, Chira shook her head playfully as she laughed at the romantic silliness of it all. Nobody had ever gone to these lengths to show her how much they cared before. Then again...nobody had ever proposed to her before, either.

She made a little ut! sound as Henriks reached over, touching the tip of her nose with a bit of chocolate. "Oh, that's it..." she grinned, hopping up and sliding into his lap, nestling her petite frame into the chair with her...With my *fiancée*, she thought, enjoying the new term. She kissed him full on the mouth, rubbing the chocolate onto the tip of his own nose. "Now you've gone and made a mess, Abols," she smiled.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 1:07 pm

[Replimat]

Henriks' grin shrunk back to a shy smile as she said "Oh, that's it". What's she going to do? he wondered, filling with an excited anticipation in the few brief seconds before she acted. To his surprise and delight, she slid onto his lap. That alone would have been enough to make him purr like his kitten. But a kiss? That was even better. He closed his eyes and could feel his muscles relax.

He let out a sigh, partly in contentment, and also a little sad that the kiss was over. But, reaching up to feel his nose, he found that a little bit of chocolate had migrated over to the tip of his. Grinning, he laughed, "But you look so good in chocolate." He moved to smear a little on her cheeks, brows raised playfully.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:
[Replimat]

Henriks' grin shrunk back to a shy smile as she said "Oh, that's it". What's she going to do? he wondered, filling with an excited anticipation in the few brief seconds before she acted. To his surprise and delight, she slid onto his lap. That alone would have been enough to make him purr like his kitten. But a kiss? That was even better. He closed his eyes and could feel his muscles relax.

He let out a sigh, partly in contentment, and also a little sad that the kiss was over. But, reaching up to feel his nose, he found that a little bit of chocolate had migrated over to the tip of his. Grinning, he laughed, "But you look so good in chocolate." He moved to smear a little on her cheeks, brows raised playfully.

She made a little face in mock-consternation as Henriks put chocolate on her yet again. "Oh?" Chira asked, leaning her face in. "You'd best clean all of this off, Apple. How else are we going to look presentable when we subspace our families and share the news?"

Chira hopped up, giving a little squeal of delight. "There's so much to plan! A dress, colors...time of year, location..." She raised a questioning eyebrow. "And I've yet to even meet your family in-person! We'll have to do that. We can't have their first time they see me be at the wedding day. I mean...they don't even know if they like me yet, I bet!"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 9:58 pm

[Replimat]

"I could always lick it off," Henriks laughed, sticking his tongue out at her. He'd only put just a little dab of chocolate on her cheek, so he did just that. Mmmm, he thought with a grin. "There," he declared, "presentable."

He had just fully wrapped his arms around Chira when she hopped up in delight. "As you say, m'lady," he replied, unable to hold back a chuckle. Everything about her made him just want to grin and laugh and frolic through a field. "I would marry you right here and now if it pleased you." All the planning and details weren't something he worried too much about. As long as she was there, Henriks would be happy.  

"But I suppose you are right. It's long past time for my family to meet my lovely lady. And I'm sure they'll love you just as much as I do. I know my little sister really wants to meet you." He grinned. "She kept asking me when I was going to propose."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 6:57 am

Henriks Ābols wrote:
[Replimat]

"I could always lick it off," Henriks laughed, sticking his tongue out at her. He'd only put just a little dab of chocolate on her cheek, so he did just that. Mmmm, he thought with a grin. "There," he declared, "presentable."

He had just fully wrapped his arms around Chira when she hopped up in delight. "As you say, m'lady," he replied, unable to hold back a chuckle. Everything about her made him just want to grin and laugh and frolic through a field. "I would marry you right here and now if it pleased you." All the planning and details weren't something he worried too much about. As long as she was there, Henriks would be happy.  

"But I suppose you are right. It's long past time for my family to meet my lovely lady. And I'm sure they'll love you just as much as I do. I know my little sister really wants to meet you." He grinned. "She kept asking me when I was going to propose."

Chira felt a little bit of relief as he mentioned how much his family was looking forward to meeting her. It wasn't that she was hesitant about them - after all, she was sure that such a wonderful person as Henriks couldn't have been produced by bad people. And, yet...she also thought of her sister-in-law, and the rather vicious background she'd come from.

"Honestly, I wouldn't mind doing the ceremony right now, too. It'd certainly change whatever plans we had for later tonight," she smirked, settling back in her chair. "But I know that families want full ceremonies. I guess I can't begrudge that." Chira took another bite of her pasta, chewing thoughtfully. "We just had a wedding at the farm a few months ago...I think it's time for a venue change. I think I'd like to do it in Latvia. If...if that's okay."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 1:30 pm

[Replimat]

Henriks grinned at his fiancée. "Nothing would please me more, m'lady," he told Chira, kissing her excitedly on the forehead. Though he would have happily gone anywhere she had named, the prospect of getting married in his homeland had a certain appeal to him. And he knew it would please his parents to no end.

"And perhaps when we go visit my family, we could scout possible venues," he suggested. As Chira took another bite of pasta, Henriks reached for another strawberry. He was still rather hyped up, and berries went down better than pasta when he was too excited to eat.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:34 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:
[Replimat]

Henriks grinned at his fiancée. "Nothing would please me more, m'lady," he told Chira, kissing her excitedly on the forehead. Though he would have happily gone anywhere she had named, the prospect of getting married in his homeland had a certain appeal to him. And he knew it would please his parents to no end.

"And perhaps when we go visit my family, we could scout possible venues," he suggested. As Chira took another bite of pasta, Henriks reached for another strawberry. He was still rather hyped up, and berries went down better than pasta when he was too excited to eat.

"Sounds like a plan to me," Chira smiled. "It's too bad that Gabe and Arch are the XO and CO of the Phoenix, and not the Athena," she grinned, taking a drink. "It'd certainly be helpful in acquiring all the leave we need, having familial connections in the command staff...considering that we just arrived."

Setting her glass down, Chira looked across the table at her fiancée. It was almost impossible to imagine that the word applied to someone in her life, let alone someone as wonderful as Henriks. And yet...there he was. It was nice to know that there were still some good ones left in the galaxy. Even better to know that one of the 'good ones' was hers. Now...and for all time.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:36 pm

[Replimat]

Henriks propped his elbow on the table and rested his head against his hand, releasing a contented sigh. He could have gazed upon that smiling face of hers all day. Henriks still couldn't believe how lucky he was that she was in his life and would continue to be so, his lovely lady.

"It is a shame," he agreed. He rather liked her brother and his bride. Henriks had met the pair at their wedding, which he had gone to as Chira's date. "Even so," he grinned, "I'm sure we'll find ample time." Henriks wished the minutes would fly by to that moment when they could go, and as long as he was with his lovely lady, they certainly would.

"I can't wait for you to see the flickering lights of the city on the Daugava River at nighttime, or to feel the soft sand of our Baltic shores. It's like a little bit of paradise," he told her. Slipping his hand back into hers, he added, "But you make everywhere feel like paradise."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:36 pm

"I can't wait, either," Chira answered, leaning back in her chair a little. "Maybe you missed your true calling...it should have been travel guide," she grinned. "How do you feel about a fall wedding? With all the leaves, and just a little bit of a nip in the air." She'd always loved fall. It was a shame that it was such a brief season, but...such things made the enjoyment all the sweeter. And she couldn't think of a sweeter person to be spending it with.

Suddenly, she stood up. "C'mon, Abols. I have an idea," she said, holding out her hand.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 12:22 am

[Replimat]

"Fall," Henriks mused, catching her infectious grin, "sounds perfect." The cool, crisp weather that signaled an end to unpleasant weather of summer and heralded the coming of his favorite season, when snow decorated the countryside. A fall wedding truly was perfect. It meant the unpleasant times were over and that the best years of his life were yet to come. She would be his lovely autumn bride.

Chira suddenly popped to her feet, offering her hand for him to take. Henriks took it gladly, intertwining his fingers with hers. "Where to, m'lady?" he asked, with a joyful gleam in his eyes.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 11:05 pm

[Corriors]

Laughing playfully, Chira tugged Henriks along. "Dinner will keep for us. This won't take long!" She practically dragged him along with her on the way to one of the station's holodecks. Finding it vacant, Chira entered, pulling her boyfr-- no. Her fiancée right along with her. Still keeping her plans silent, she smirked as the door slid shut.

As it did, Chira reached up, running her fingers through Henriks' hair, drawing his face close to hers for a kiss. "That," she said, after a few moments, "was to keep you occupied while I program this. And because I love you."

She turned to the computer access terminal, punching commands. A few minutes later, the holodeck gridding dissolved into an eastern European cityscape in the late of a fall afternoon. "It's Riga. Or, at least, that's what the computer memory banks tell me. I thought we could do some location scouting..."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 12:38 am

[Corridors]

There was that musical laugh again that made him feel warm from head to toe. Having only just arrived on the station, Henriks had yet to learn his way around. And so he happily followed as his lovely lady pulled him along, almost in a bit of a daze. This day, this moment, was so much better than he could have ever imagined. His lovely lady would soon be his wife.

Henriks was grinning widely as they approached the doors of what looked to be one of the station's holodecks. Before he could ask the reason behind her mischevious smile, her lips were on his and her fingers through his hair. He wrapped his arms 'round her, and his hands made their way along her back. Mmmm, that would certainly keep him occupied. "I do so love you," he replied with a contented sigh.

Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 RigaSunrise2

The look of the holodeck changed in an instant. And if he wasn't grinning before, he was now, and it stretched from ear to ear. Kissing her on the forehead, he told her, "You are truly wonderful, m'lady. Welcome to Riga." The setting sun was low over the capital's skyline, and the sky was a mixture of blues and oranges, with white clouds speckled across. The clear water was like a mirror, reflecting all that was above, including his lovely lady.

"To our left," he told her, pointing towards a rather large, oddly shaped building, "is the national library, the largest in all of Europe. And across the river you can see Old Town Riga, my favorite part of the city. There's lots of parks and churches, like the Dom Cathedral and the Russian Orthodox church, with it's gold colored roof. And there," he added, pointing in the vague direction of the bridge, "is where my family lives."

"So," he said after a moment, "where would you like to scout, m'lady?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 10:43 pm

Chira smiled happily at the sights - Riga, of course, being lovely and all...but there was also Henriks. He looked as happy as a clam in a mudflat. It made her grin all the more.

The buildings were breathtaking, of course, and with such history behind them. "Gabe's going to flip when he sees all of this when he visits...he's all-in with the whole 'old stuff' thing." She took up his hand, kissing the knuckles. "Over there's your homeplace? Let's go see it, next," Chira replied, sounding for all the world like an excited girl on Christmas.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 12:58 pm

[Holodeck]

Taking her hand, Henriks kissed it as well before leading her across the bridge and into the town hall square of the old part of the city. "This building on our right," he told her as they passed through, "is called the House of Blackheads, which used to be a palace of sorts, I think... and from here you can also see the steeple of St. Peter's church."

After a moment, he began to lead her down the cobblestone streets "I do hope your brother will enjoy the city. All these streets in old town used to be covered with wood. But in the 17th century it became mandatory for each peasant to bring two stones when they entered the city." He loved the history of his hometown. Henriks grinned as they came across Brīvības Iela. "Here we are, m'lady, the little house between the pink and yellow."

Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 Old%20Riga

Last edited by Henriks Ābols on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 1:24 pm

[Holodeck]

Chira absorbed all the cultural and historical talk as Henriks lead her around his homeplace. It was quite different, on both ends of the spectrum, from both of her home worlds. It was not as large, or as gleamingly modern, as Toliman City...nor was it as bucolic as sleepy little Wytheville, and the Arthur homestead. It felt...warm. Comfortable. Chira was reminded of the old tale of Goldilocks, who found things in the middle to be just right.

"It's lovely, Henriks. I wish it was real, and we could go meet your family now." She glanced around the street. "We can do the ceremony in his park, or we can do it somewhere else. I don't care if it's in a storage dock, so long as it's with you," she grinned.

All this talk of...home...had gotten her thinking. She reached to take his hand, her fingers intertwining with his. "Henriks..." she started, suddenly finding that her voice had abandoned her. After a few seconds, she found it again. "Let's...let's move in together. Tonight."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 5:22 pm

[Holodeck]

"Mmm," Henriks mused in agreement. It truly was a wonderful place, especially with his lovely lady in his arms, and he could have believed the scene to be the real place if he hadn't already known about the holodeck walls. "Anywhere that your heart desires," he told her, with a grin. He was already thrilled that she had suggested Riga. "But what would you think of somewhere along the river?"

As she intertwined her fingers with his, Henriks pulled Chira into a hug. A pleasant chill went down his spine as Chira said his name, but when her voice faltered, he tilted his head slightly, worried if she was alright. He let out a sigh of relief at what she said next. He pressed his forehead lightly to hers, so he could gaze into those lovely doe-brown eyes of hers and get lost in them. "Nothing could please me more right now, my lady."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2014 11:43 pm

Chira smiled blissfully as her forehead rested against Henriks', closing her eyes and just enjoying the closeness. It seemed silly for her to feel apprehension about moving in...after all, once they were married, they'd be 'moved in' for good. Still, Henriks was old-fashioned about a lot of things. Quite frustratingly so, sometimes...

"We're gonna have to sit Teodors and Goethe down and tell them that they have to be friends," she grinned, referring to their respective pets. Chira decided to take advantage of her fiancee's closeness, giving a kiss that she assumed would be enough to curl anyone's toes.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 12:54 am

[Holodeck]

Holding her close, Henriks could have forgotten that they were in a holodeck or on a station. He was in paradise. Henriks chuckled. "I'm sure they'll get along just fine. Though I wonder who will take more convincing, the cat or the lizard?" He grinned.

Her kiss came, so sweet and heavenly, that he was like putty in her hands. "Mmm," he purred. Henriks spun her 'round as if they were dancing, kissing her again with equal passion. "So my lady," he said after a moment, "shall we continue?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 9:04 am

"Well," Chira chuckled, "Goethe pretty much stays in his little terrarium, so hopefully Teodors won't feel like his turf is being invaded." Her excitement was so high that she had to fight off the urge to babble. It was an Arthur family trait. "We'll have to get cohabitation permission from Admiral Deacon, of course...or, would it be Admiral Stark? He's her XO. That seems like an XO thing to handle. And we'll..."

Henriks gently silenced her with a kiss, her babbling devolving into soft sounds of pleasure.

Chira's cheeks flushed a little as she rolled her eyes. "I'm doing it, and I tried not to. Sorry." She looked around at the Latvian cityscape. "Well, you're the guide, here!" She winked and playfully tweaked at his nose. "So...guide."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 6:18 pm

[Holodeck]

Henriks couldn't help but grin like a fool. He loved it when she babbled as much as he loved everything about her. Just to hear the sound of her voice was always so soothing. "Don't worry 'bout that, m'lady," he told her, smiling, "or about the cohabitation thing. I'll speak to them." He wanted to kiss her again, so he did, a light peck on the forehead.

Chira tweaked his nose, and his grin returned full force. "As my lady commands," he chuckled. Still in front of his family home, they were only a block off of Brīvības Iela, Freedom Street. Her hand in his, Henriks took a right and began walking back towards the river. Soon a large pillar loomed in view, topped by a copper lady raising three stars above her head.

"It was unveiled in 1935," he told her, "to honor all the soldiers who'd died during the two year war for Latvian independence. Latvia first declared their independence from Russia in November 1918, at the end of the first world war, which didn't truly end until June the next year." His grin shrunk to a shy smile as he realized he was the one babbling now. But history, especially that of his country, tended to get him really amped up.

So he turned slightly to point out the golden rooftop poking up just above the trees. "And that is the Russian Orthodox Church."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2014 9:30 pm

A steady smile settled onto Chira's face as she listened to her Henriks speak of his homeland. Her history of pre-WWIII Earth was somewhat rusty...in all honesty, she'd only memorized enough to get by in her introductory courses in college. Secondary school had been on Centaurus Prime, so...

She stopped in front of the church, looking at it. It was a very beautiful building, that was for sure. Chira herself had never held to any particular beliefs about spirituality or the cosmos. The concept of religion hadn't been a factor in Earth history for generations. However, she was fairly sure that it was possible Henriks and his family still held to the old beliefs.

"Henriks," she asked, "do you want to get married in a church?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 12:25 pm

[Holodeck]

Seeing how the church made her smile, Henriks turned his gaze back to study the outside of the building more. It was a magnificent structure, massive too. But he couldn't recall having ever been inside the Russian church. His family was nondenominational, though they belonged to a Lutheran congregation. Chira's question roused him from his thoughts.

"That sounds wonderful, Chira," he told her with a smile. "Though you know I'd marry you anywhere." Though he would have preferred something outdoors, location wasn't all that important to him, and there were the families to think of. A church sounded good, he thought. "What would you think of the Cathedral?" he asked her, "a very beautiful building."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 6:39 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:
[Holodeck]

Seeing how the church made her smile, Henriks turned his gaze back to study the outside of the building more. It was a magnificent structure, massive too. But he couldn't recall having ever been inside the Russian church. His family was nondenominational, though they belonged to a Lutheran congregation. Chira's question roused him from his thoughts.

"That sounds wonderful, Chira," he told her with a smile. "Though you know I'd marry you anywhere." Though he would have preferred something outdoors, location wasn't all that important to him, and there were the families to think of. A church sounded good, he thought. "What would you think of the Cathedral?" he asked her, "a very beautiful building."

"Same," Chira grinned, pulling Henriks over to a nearby bench to sit. The building truly was phenomenal, but that wasn't really why she'd asked. "I'd marry you in a mud puddle, if you wanted to," she chuckled, drawing him close.

Chira was quiet for a moment or so, taking in the sights around her. "It's a beautiful structure, but honestly...the reason I asked..." she trailed off, suddenly feeling a little uncomfortable. "I just...Henriks? I don't...I mean, I wasn't...raised with any religion or anything. I know you believe...well. Actually. I don't know exactly what you believe in. So, I guess now would be a good time to ask that question," she said, a little smile playing across her face.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2014 11:56 pm

[Holodeck]

"Well," Henriks said with a thoughtful look on his face, "I believe there is a God, and that He is good, and I don't expect anyone to agree. That pretty much covers it." To him, religion was a personal thing. It was little matter to him if anyone else was religious. The question was, were they good people? Chira most definitely was. Henriks gave a sly grin before kissing her full on. "You are wonderful, Chira, just the way you are."

He pondered a moment before asking, "Why don't we get married outdoors? I'm sure we could find a pavilion, or even just a park. And there's always the beach. After all, it would be a shame to be indoors during the fall weather." He poked his tongue at Chira.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)   Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tiptoe Through the Tulips (Chira/Henriks)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next