Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Leela Kaz

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

Leela Kaz Empty
PostSubject: Leela Kaz   Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 3:13 pm

|Leela Kaz|

Basics

Name: Leela Katz (Formerly Nerta)
Species: Trill (Joined)
Date of Birth: 07/29/5050

Appearance

Height: 5'4"
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Brown
Characteristic elements: Trill spots running down both sides of her body.

Backstory

Leela grew up on the Trill home-world in the Capital City. She grew up the daughter of two scientists and was pushed hard to succeed. She spent most of her childhood studying. It was her greatest dream in life to become joined. She also dreamed of following in her parent's footsteps as a scientist. Joining Starfleet had never really crossed her mind. When Leela was 19 she began going through the lengthy selection process for a symbiant. The competition was fierce. The Symbiosis Commission would not accept anything less then perfection and shortly after her 2nd month of schooling Leela nearly washed out of the program, however, one of her instructors saw potential and came to her aid. He provided her with a sympathetic ear and helped Leela get through the stressful process. Her grades and test scores put her in the top 2% of her peers. After 2 and a half grueling years Leela was ultimately selected to be joined and six months later, at the age of 21, she was selected as the ideal match for the Kaz symbiant. On that day she became the eighth host to wear the name Kaz. After joining Leela was shocked at how it changed the was she looked at the world around her. The biggest difference was Leela's career ambitions. Prior to joining Leela never had much interest in joining Starfleet, however, the Kaz symbiant had several past hosts in Starfleet and it quickly became her calling. Leela entered the academy at the age of 23. Leela felt an unexplainable connection to Jereda. In her time at the academy she intensely studied engineering with hopes of joining a deep space assignment.

The Lives of Kaz

Nivro Kaz

Nivro was an accomplished chef. He owned several restaurants throughout the Trill Capital City. He was married and had 4 children; 3 girls and 1 boy. He died at the age of 64 of congestive heart failure.

LaLaanni Kaz

LaLanni was fashion designer with an eye for precision and detail. She was credited with the creation of several trends throughout her life. She as often inspired by modern artwork. Lalanni never married or had kids and tragically died at the young age of 32. The circumstances of her death remain a mystery. While meditating on cliff the young fashion designer was pushed to her death. Kaz never saw the face of her murderer.

Jereda Kaz

Jereda was the lead engine designer on the first Trill warp vessel. The engines on that vessel were a life long dream of Jereda fulfilled before his eyes. Jereda worked for a decade on the engine design alongside his wife, an accomplished test pilot. They had one child together. When Jereda was 47 he got to see his engines break the warp barrier. He spent the next 20 years of his life trying to break warp two but he was never successful in that endeavor and he passed away, in his sleep, at the age of 79.

Heral Kaz

Heral was an accomplished Doctor who gave up a promising career in research to give back to his community. Dr. Kaz practiced family medicine in the poorest parts of Trill. He lived a modest lifestyle that afforded him the opportunity to practice medicine for free for many of his patients.  Heral lived to see his dream as he witnessed the change of the Trill economy as Trill was welcomed into the federation. Following admittance into the Federation Dr. Kaz felt his work caring for the poor was done and he retired. He never married or had children and died at the age of 71.

Nantia Kaz

Nantia felt her calling into the Federation mostly because she felt the call of Jereda and wanted to be an engineer. She graduated the academy was sent on her first deep space assignment. Sadly Nantia was killed at the age of 25 in a skirmish with the Klingons.

Preta Kaz

Preta was an accomplished starship designer in the federation. She was credited with several advances in starship design and spent her entire career at Jupiter Station. While on Jupiter Station Preta was married to her husband and they had 5 children together; 3 boys and 2 girls. Preta contracted a rare flu virus and died expectantly at the age of 49.

Juval Kaz

Juval began his career as a Starfleet science officer. He quickly proved effective and was promoted through the ranks at a very rapid pace. By the age of 40 he was Commanding Officer of the USS Excelsior. Following his tour of duty on the Excelsior Juval was named head diplomat at the Federation Embassy on Vulcan. Juval quickly felt at home with the Vulcans and remained in that posting up to his death at the age of 71. Juval never married or had children.  

Career

Enlisted or Officer?: Officer
Department preference 1: Engineering
Department Preference 2: Operations

Sample Post

Leela materialized on the transporter pad on the USS Phoenix. Thoughts swarmed through her mind. The Phoenix was in dire need of engineers so Leela was removed from the Enterprise with almost no notice. She was hoping to spend more time with the team there. There was trepidation about her new assignment. Leela took a deep breathe and found the need to remind herself. What were you going to learn in a month on the Enterprise that you haven't learned in the last 419 years. As she stepped off the transporter pad Jereda; a former host; entered her mind. Leela couldn't see a ship or work on an engine without Jereda coming into her mind. She felt like he was the one of the luck ones; in a sense; he lived to see his dreams come to fruition. Traveling through the stars. Leela quickly snapped back to reality as she stood before her Commanding Officer. "Ah Commander, Ensign Kaz. Its a pleasure to meet you sir." She extended her right hand in the very human tradition of 'handshakes.'

Behind the Mask

Have you done textbased RP before?: Absolutely.

How did you find Aurora?: Second character. Also play as Julia Rellek

Additional notes about yourself or your character?: N/A[/center]
Back to top Go down
Corman Stark
Rear Admiral Lower Half
Rear Admiral Lower Half

Captain's Recognition
1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Leela Kaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leela Kaz   Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 4:29 pm

Character approved, lock and load!

Welcome to the Engineering department of the Phoenix!
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

Leela Kaz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Leela Kaz   Leela Kaz I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 4:32 pm

Woohoo. Thank you Sir!