Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Nu, Sigma

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Sigma Nu
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Nu, Sigma Empty
PostSubject: Nu, Sigma   Nu, Sigma I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2015 1:14 am

|Sigma Nu|

Nu, Sigma Tumblr_nprmx74TMQ1u8003yo1_500

Basics

Name: Sigma Nu
Species: Cybernetically Enhanced Deltan
Sexuality: Ace/Demisexual
Romantic Orientation: Panromantic
Date of Birth: January 4th, 2357
Place of birth: Delta IV

Appearance

Height: 1.708m
Eyes: One blue, one replaced by cybernetics.
Hair: None
Characteristic elements: Sigma is cybernetically enhanced. These are limited to improving eyesight/visibility of broader spectrum rays in their one eye, and some re-enforcement of their joints. Bits of cybernetics can be seen in several places on their body, specifically focused on the main joints, including the hands. They also have a scar across their face. Due to their species, Sigma has no hair on their head.

General:

Family

Mother: Enbira Nu (60 - Active Scientist on Delta IV)
Father: Koraan Nu (59 - Active Physicist on Delta IV)
Siblings: N/A
Significant others: N/A
Children: N/A

Personality

Sigma is constantly searching for new and exciting experiences. This lies underneath a calm (if a little expression-laden) exterior. They're quick with a joke and a snippy comment or quick to take a risk, often learning the hard way that new experiences are not always entirely pleasant.

Despite the Deltan reputation for sexual exploits, Sigma is far more interested in the dynamics of warp core fluidity than they are in finding a bedmate. Sigma will usually be found will a pile of mathematical books and manuals nearby, always in an attempt to learn more and amass new information.

Sigma's curiosity for new things is the most blatant and obvious facet of their personality. Otherwise, they are described as upbeat and compassionate, caring deeply about the pain and feelings of others.

Backstory

Sigma Nu's name is misleading in the sense that it alludes to a laboratory experiment, or some kind of dehumanizing methods. The truth of the matter is that they were named such because their parents were avid mathematical and physics-obsessed scientists, and found it a sort of inside joke to name their child after the Greek letters so often used in the Federation's databanks. So, Sigma Nu was born on a colony on Delta IV and given this name. They never minded it, and even took a nickname in numbers.

Mathematics had often been a source of fascination for Sigma. Even as a young (and only) child, they found it fascinating to tinker in their parent's offices, read through the manuals they found left around, and try to work through complex problems, even when she found they couldn't understand them due to their age. This led to their career choices later in life. Deltans are known for their ability to comprehend and analyze complex mathematical theorems as easily as a human might learn their multiplication tables.

Unfortunately, a number of health problems began to develop as they grew older. Their bones and joints were brittle and a severe infection left them blind in one eye. As a small child, Sigma was terrified of watching their future crumble away before they even got a chance to live it. The federation offered a solution. Cybernetic ocular implants had been in use for decades, and once puberty had finished and their eyes had stopped changing and growing, Sigma was fitted with one that would not only restore their sight, but would allow a small range of other rays to be visible to them.

Strengthening joints and bones so they could walk and enjoy life again was a much more slow and arduous process. Several surgeries and cybernetic implants allowed them to regain control and function of their limbs, and eventually to function as any Deltan would.

This new-found lease on life gave Sigma the opportunity they needed to pursue something they'd wanted to do with their life- enlist in starfleet once all recovery periods were over. The enlisted track suited them better- it would give them the opportunity to slowly learn all there would be about the ships and the people who lived there. They were of course required to take an oath of celibacy (as with all deltans) before enlisting, but that was a small price to pay for the opportunity to take advanced math courses while being enlisted. They wanted to help the people that had given them a new chance and being something they couldn't before.

Career

Starfleet Basic Training - 2377

USS Reken - Crewman--Petty Officer 3rd Class - 2377

Starbase Athena - Petty Officer 3rd Class - 2378
Back to top Go down

Nu, Sigma
Page 1 of 1