Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Ezac I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Ezac I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Ezac I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Ezac I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Ezac I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Ezac I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Ezac I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Ezac I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Ezac I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Ezac I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Ezac

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ezac
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations

Ezac Empty
PostSubject: Ezac   Ezac I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 2:02 am

|Ezac|

Ezac 200px-ThotGor2375

Basics

Name: Ezac
Species: Breen
Date of Birth: 18 July 2356

Appearance

Height: 1.88 m
Eyes: This field intentionally left blank
Hair: This field intentionally left blank
Characteristic elements: Nothing in particular (aside from the snout-like helmet and refrigeration suit, that is)

Backstory

Ezac was born on July 18, 2356, in a small settlement on Portas V, and he grew up on his family's mineral mine. Before he was even born, his parents had arranged for his marriage which was scheduled to take place on his 8th birthday. Ezac's household was typical for a Breen, with dozens of slaves that were used as labor in the mine.

On Ezac's 8th birthday, as arranged, he was married to a neighboring family's child, Tue. If breaking a marriage arrangement wasn't considered extremely dishonorable, then his parents would have likely prevented Ezac from marrying Tue. Ezac was not bashful in sharing his opinion of government policy, even if his parents disagreed. These types of disagreements led to Ezac's parents having a general dislike for him.

Shortly after Ezac and Tue married, they worked on conceiving a child. They were successful, but Nioa's birth ended up being too much for Tue, who died just hours after Nioa was born.

When Ezac was 9 years old, he was told by one of the slaves that an escape was planned, and that he and his daughter should find a safe place to hide. He was conflicted. On one hand, he cared for the slaves and sought their freedom. On the other hand, he knew that an escape would cause many problems for his family. The next day, at the forewarned time, the slaves set their plan into action. They were successful in escaping, but nearly all of Ezac's family was killed in the process. He was devastated. Ezac found his father still alive and attempted to save his life. Kig was initially showing signs of improvement, but he finally and unexpectedly succumbed to his wounds in early 2367. His father's passing was difficult for Ezac because he was working at repairing their relationship. Until even the very moment of his death, Kig accused Ezac of orchestrating the slaves' escape. As he sat there, looking at his father's recently deceased body, Ezac made the decision to leave Portas V.

Ezac knew that an education would be vital in being useful outside his home world, so he decided to focus his attention on two subjects (that he felt could be useful anywhere): mechanical engineering and computer science. Ezac was frustrated by the length of time that the degrees would take, but he understood that his only other option was to spend the rest of his life mining for minerals on Portas V. After 5 years of hard work, the Breen Confederacy chose to align with the Dominion. This chain of events caused the remaining 3 years of his education to be a struggle. Despite the positive rapport that he developed with many around him, his reputation was still almost irreparably damaged. He persevered, however, and graduated on time in a private ceremony in the dean's office. As he considered his options, he found many similarities between his beliefs and those of the Federation, and he often found himself daydreaming about exploring. With a mix of anticipation and trepidation, he decided to submit an application to Starfleet. Without even hearing back concerning his application, he and Nioa began making preparations to leave. He knew that regardless of the outcome of his application, he would be leaving Portas V and never returning.

Career

Enlisted or Officer?: An initial enlistment with a possible commissioning in the future
Department preference 1: Security/Tactical
Department Preference 2: Security/Tactical
Department Preference 3: Engineering

Sample Post

As he strode through the halls, Ezac began to realize the battle which awaited him. He had attempted to prepare himself for the inevitable, but now that he was here, it was like he had been caught totally off-guard. He was accustomed to staring, but some of the scowls were practically dripping with disgust.

"Get over it," he thought to himself. "You are not here to make friends. Perform your duty to the best of your ability. That is your purpose."

The remainder of the walk to his quarters was a blur. Between thoughts of Nioa and the rest of his family, he worked to keep his attention from all of the staring.

[Ezac's Quarters]

Ezac stopped just inside the door as he looked back and forth at his new home. It was simple and clean, but not overly comfortable. He didn't mind. He expected to spend the majority of his time elsewhere.

He walked to the right and opened a tall wardrobe door. He noticed several shelves that were devoid of the dust one might expect to see in a previously unoccupied residence. Without taking the time to unpack, he slid his one bag quietly onto the most convenient shelf and gingerly pushed the door closed, causing it to shut with a muffled thunk.

He took a deep breath and made his way back to the door, replaying in his head the sound of the door whooshing into its open position. As he took the first step into the hallway in search of his senior officer, he offered himself some reassurance by calmly stating, "No turning back."

Behind the Mask

Have you done textbased RP before?: I was introduced to text-based role-play when a friend invited me to register with Shadow Fleet in 2013. I participated actively for approximately three months before my free time became much more limited, and I was forced to stop participating. A month ago, I decided to re-engage, and I have been active since.

How did you find Aurora?: A request was submitted on Shadow Fleet to create an affiliation with Aurora Fleet.

Additional notes about yourself or your character?: I don't know if I portray Breen very well, but I certainly work at giving my posts an authentic, refrigerated feel. I am a stickler for clear, effective, descriptive communication, and I put a lot of effort into submitting quality posts.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Ezac Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ezac   Ezac I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 6:43 pm

Welcome to Aurora Fleet!

After reading through your application, I'm delighted to be able to offer you the position of Security and Tactical crewman on the USS Phoenix with the starting rank of Petty Officer 3rd Class.

We're currently well in to a mission, but feel free to jump in anyway! If you would like a tag in, please don't hesitate to contact one of the crew.

Please note that, due to the timeline, a Breen is not likely to be seen in a favourable light by their crewmates. Please don't take any hostility to heart. Out of character, we're all a very friendly bunch!

Also, much of our out of character communication is done over Skype. If you have an ID and would like to be added to the group chat, drop me a PM and I'll sort it out.

Once again, welcome to the Fleet!

Rachel Deacon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org

Ezac
Page 1 of 1