Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] Empty
PostSubject: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:03 pm

[Starbase Athena - Medical Lab]

In a corner of the station's medical lab, a young, white-haired woman quietly worked at a console, her pale grey eyes focused on the latest readouts of the vaccination she was working on.  It was a pet project of hers ever since the return of the USS Voyager to the Alpha Quadrant: the Phage.  She had read about it in the various science reports that had been made available to the faculties of Star Fleet.

As her latest report came up negative, she let out a short sigh and shrugged it off, bringing up the results on her screen and reading through the data before picking up another petri dish with her specimen and observing it for a moment.  At her feet, a white German Shepherd snoozed quietly, the occasional twitch of a paw betraying his dreams.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:30 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
In a corner of the station's medical lab, a young, white-haired woman quietly worked at a console, her pale grey eyes focused on the latest readouts of the vaccination she was working on.  It was a pet project of hers ever since the return of the USS Voyager to the Alpha Quadrant: the Phage.  She had read about it in the various science reports that had been made available to the faculties of Star Fleet.

As her latest report came up negative, she let out a short sigh and shrugged it off, bringing up the results on her screen and reading through the data before picking up another petri dish with her specimen and observing it for a moment.  At her feet, a white German Shepherd snoozed quietly, the occasional twitch of a paw betraying his dreams.

[Medical Lab]

Gavin had to raise an eyebrow at the sight.  There really wasn't anything else to do.  He'd heard about this odd woman who worked in sickbay, but he'd been busy with all the 'new assignment' things that had to be dealt with, and hadn't really gotten a chance to meet anyone.

So there she was, white as December's mornings back home in Alberta.  Her, and her dog.  It seemed to be well-known that Zero Alpha was a rather prickly case - acerbic, but brilliant.  What was not known, however, was that Alpha 01419 was a genetically-superior Augment, born in a lab and allowed into the world.  The doctors that Gavin had spoken to seemed to genuinely care about Zero and her...er...assimilation...into the 'real world'.  That was why he had been given this particular assignment - to observe, and report.  Quietly.

"Good morning," Gavin said, smiling happily as he approached the doctor.  "Is that breakfast, or a science experiment?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:39 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Medical Lab]

Gavin had to raise an eyebrow at the sight.  There really wasn't anything else to do.  He'd heard about this odd woman who worked in sickbay, but he'd been busy with all the 'new assignment' things that had to be dealt with, and hadn't really gotten a chance to meet anyone.

So there she was, white as December's mornings back home in Alberta.  Her, and her dog.  It seemed to be well-known that Zero Alpha was a rather prickly case - acerbic, but brilliant.  What was not known, however, was that Alpha 01419 was a genetically-superior Augment, born in a lab and allowed into the world.  The doctors that Gavin had spoken to seemed to genuinely care about Zero and her...er...assimilation...into the 'real world'.  That was why he had been given this particular assignment - to observe, and report.  Quietly.

"Good morning," Gavin said, smiling happily as he approached the doctor.  "Is that breakfast, or a science experiment?"

Zero was not pleased to head a voice address her as she pondered an alternative line of treatment for the Phage disease that ran rampant through one particular species in the Delta Quadrant. She had read the holographic doctor's notes on the disease. He had been quite brilliant in his own way, but then again, he was technically the ship's computer.

Sighing heavily, she put down her petri dish and looked up at the fresh-faced youth who had spoken to her. She couldn't really consider him a youth. She looked as if she was in her late teens, all lanky, coltish limbs and sharp angles. She raised one pale brow at him. From under the desk, Ghost got to his paws to sniff at the newcomer, his tail held straight out behind him as he waited for the signal from his mistress regarding whether or not the man was to be trusted.

"Leave," was the only word to pass the pale girl's lips before she dropped her gaze back down to her petri dish and made a note on a PADD sitting next to her.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 4:54 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero was not pleased to head a voice address her as she pondered an alternative line of treatment for the Phage disease that ran rampant through one particular species in the Delta Quadrant.  She had read the holographic doctor's notes on the disease.  He had been quite brilliant in his own way, but then again, he was technically the ship's computer.

Sighing heavily, she put down her petri dish and looked up at the fresh-faced youth who had spoken to her.  She couldn't really consider him a youth.  She looked as if she was in her late teens, all lanky, coltish limbs and sharp angles.  She raised one pale brow at him.  From under the desk, Ghost got to his paws to sniff at the newcomer, his tail held straight out behind him as he waited for the signal from his mistress regarding whether or not the man was to be trusted.

"Leave," was the only word to pass the pale girl's lips before she dropped her gaze back down to her petri dish and made a note on a PADD sitting next to her.

"Ah...oh," Gavin said, giving a nod and an undeterred smile, along with a little shrug.  He'd been warned, through word-of-mouth and by reading the various reports that were available on the subject, about how difficult Zero was to approach.  It was slightly comforting, in an odd way, to see that those reports were correct.  One always liked to know that intel was correct.

He glanced down at the dog, unwary of the beast.  He didn't particularly dislike dogs, but this one was giving an aura of a creature waiting to be given the command to go for the throat.  "I was actually wondering if you'd like a hand in going through all the data."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:02 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Ah...oh," Gavin said, giving a nod and an undeterred smile, along with a little shrug.  He'd been warned, through word-of-mouth and by reading the various reports that were available on the subject, about how difficult Zero was to approach.  It was slightly comforting, in an odd way, to see that those reports were correct.  One always liked to know that intel was correct.

He glanced down at the dog, unwary of the beast.  He didn't particularly dislike dogs, but this one was giving an aura of a creature waiting to be given the command to go for the throat.  "I was actually wondering if you'd like a hand in going through all the data."

Casting a glance down at the dog, Zero murmured a soft word. Ghost sat down on his haunches, watching Gavin with an almost... human air of waiting for him to make just one slip up before he found himself on the ground with a solid mass of canine on his chest.

Now that the question of what the dog was going to do had been solved, the Augment turned her pale gaze back to the man currently interrupting her research work.

"I do not require assistance from a child," she retorted. "I require only to be left in peace."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:13 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Casting a glance down at the dog, Zero murmured a soft word.  Ghost sat down on his haunches, watching Gavin with an almost... human air of waiting for him to make just one slip up before he found himself on the ground with a solid mass of canine on his chest.

Now that the question of what the dog was going to do had been solved, the Augment turned her pale gaze back to the man currently interrupting her research work.

"I do not require assistance from a child," she retorted.  "I require only to be left in peace."

Gavin raised an amused eyebrow as he moved off to the side, putting a little more distance between himself and the dog.  It was a shame - he would've loved to pet it.  But...it didn't seem the most prudent option, right now.

Child?  Please... he thought, leaning a little against the desk.  She had to be, what...eighteen?  Nineteen?  Gavin wasn't quite sure how she would count her years.  "I'm twenty-one," he grinned, crossing his arms.  He had actually skipped his senior Academy year, mainly due to this exact field assignment.  "If I see any kids running around sickbay, I'll be sure to catch them before they try to help you.  Or, y'know, start dipping their toes in your cultures of amoebic dysentery."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:30 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin raised an amused eyebrow as he moved off to the side, putting a little more distance between himself and the dog.  It was a shame - he would've loved to pet it.  But...it didn't seem the most prudent option, right now.

Child?  Please... he thought, leaning a little against the desk.  She had to be, what...eighteen?  Nineteen?  Gavin wasn't quite sure how she would count her years.  "I'm twenty-one," he grinned, crossing his arms.  He had actually skipped his senior Academy year, mainly due to this exact field assignment.  "If I see any kids running around sickbay, I'll be sure to catch them before they try to help you.  Or, y'know, start dipping their toes in your cultures of amoebic dysentery."

Zero blinked at Gavin, wondering just who this impudent man was to be talking back to her like this. She was superior to him! She set down the petri dish again, swiveling in her seat, folding her arms and crossing one knee over the other as she gave him an unamused look.

She had looked at this from all the angles she could see, but still couldn't come up with a reason for this man to be there, bothering her. She was on personal research time, meaning that no one was supposed to summon her for other projects. She had only told her social tutor of her plans to work on the Phage.

"Why are you here?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2014 5:46 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero blinked at Gavin, wondering just who this impudent man was to be talking back to her like this.  She was superior to him!  She set down the petri dish again, swiveling in her seat, folding her arms and crossing one knee over the other as she gave him an unamused look.

She had looked at this from all the angles she could see, but still couldn't come up with a reason for this man to be there, bothering her.  She was on personal research time, meaning that no one was supposed to summon her for other projects.  She had only told her social tutor of her plans to work on the Phage.

"Why are you here?"

Smiling what he assumed was a winning smile, Gavin cocked an eyebrow and glanced around.  "Why am I here?  Why are you here?  Why are any of us here?  I'm sorry," he drawled, "I didn't know I'd wandered into the philosophy department."

Sighing, Gavin switched gears before Zero had security called on him.  "Look...you're new.  I'm new.  We're new to this assignment, together.  I just...well.  I just wanted to know if you needed any help with anything.  Or, y'know, just wanted to talk."

That was a stretching of the truth, but it wasn't a lie.  He genuinely was concerned for the girl.  Most people would be, if they knew what he'd read about her, and what she'd been through.  He was helping Starfleet help her by keeping an eye on her.  At least...that was the way he saw his informing.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 4:28 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Smiling what he assumed was a winning smile, Gavin cocked an eyebrow and glanced around.  "Why am I here?  Why are you here?  Why are any of us here?  I'm sorry," he drawled, "I didn't know I'd wandered into the philosophy department."

Sighing, Gavin switched gears before Zero had security called on him.  "Look...you're new.  I'm new.  We're new to this assignment, together.  I just...well.  I just wanted to know if you needed any help with anything.  Or, y'know, just wanted to talk."

That was a stretching of the truth, but it wasn't a lie.  He genuinely was concerned for the girl.  Most people would be, if they knew what he'd read about her, and what she'd been through.  He was helping Starfleet help her by keeping an eye on her.  At least...that was the way he saw his informing.

Zero's expression was bored as she listened to this man's reasoning. She really didn't have time for this useless banter, nor had she ever understood the human need to pursue it. Her social tutors had tried at length to teach her about the merits and uses of small talk, but it was something that she couldn't get her head around, nor saw any reason to try.

"I do not require the company, nor the assistance of an inferior," she stated blandly. In truth, she just wanted to get on with her research.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2014 8:00 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero's expression was bored as she listened to this man's reasoning.  She really didn't have time for this useless banter, nor had she ever understood the human need to pursue it.  Her social tutors had tried at length to teach her about the merits and uses of small talk, but it was something that she couldn't get her head around, nor saw any reason to try.

"I do not require the company, nor the assistance of an inferior," she stated blandly.  In truth, she just wanted to get on with her research.

"An inferior, huh?" Gavin said, a small, grimly-amused smile touching his lips. "Well. I'll try not to infect your oxygen too much, then." He quirked an eyebrow. "Speaking of...infection...what's all that you're working on, there? I may not be as intelligent as you," he said, his tone of voice indicating that he didn't quite believe that, "but I've been told I make a pretty good sounding board."

Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:32 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"An inferior, huh?" Gavin said, a small, grimly-amused smile touching his lips.  "Well.  I'll try not to infect your oxygen too much, then."  He quirked an eyebrow.  "Speaking of...infection...what's all that you're working on, there?  I may not be as intelligent as you," he said, his tone of voice indicating that he didn't quite believe that, "but I've been told I make a pretty good sounding board."

Zero narrowed her eyes at the man, noting that he had yet to introduce himself to her, something that she had always thought that humans did when they met another individual that they didn't know.

She folded her arms, blowing a few strands of white hair off of her face. "I am working on a resolution for the Delta Quadrant species suffering from the Phage disease," she told him grudgingly.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero narrowed her eyes at the man, noting that he had yet to introduce himself to her, something that she had always thought that humans did when they met another individual that they didn't know.

She folded her arms, blowing a few strands of white hair off of her face.  "I am working on a resolution for the Delta Quadrant species suffering from the Phage disease," she told him grudgingly.

"Oh," Gavin said, frowning a little.  Everyone knew about the Phage.  It had been one of the most hotly-debated topics since the return of the Voyager.  Running his hand through his mostly-unruly auburn hair, Gavin let out a little breath and smiled.  "I think...maybe we got off on the wrong foot, ma'am," he said, in deference to the hollow pip that accompanied her gold one, "so...let's start over."

Turning around, Gavin did an abrupt about-face, as of entering the room for the first time...again.  "Hi!  I'm Gavin Van Gelder, ensign, medical department.  Nice to meet you.  Can I help you out with what you're working on?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 3:54 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Oh," Gavin said, frowning a little.  Everyone knew about the Phage.  It had been one of the most hotly-debated topics since the return of the Voyager.  Running his hand through his mostly-unruly auburn hair, Gavin let out a little breath and smiled.  "I think...maybe we got off on the wrong foot, ma'am," he said, in deference to the hollow pip that accompanied her gold one, "so...let's start over."

Turning around, Gavin did an abrupt about-face, as of entering the room for the first time...again.  "Hi!  I'm Gavin Van Gelder, ensign, medical department.  Nice to meet you.  Can I help you out with what you're working on?"

Zero's expression of faintly bored indifference didn't change with learning this annoying man's name. In fact, she simply blinked, observing him for a moment before deciding that she had better give her name as well.

"Lieutenant Junior Grade Zero Alpha," she said, the information obviously begrudged. "I believe I told you that I do not require assistance."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 4:45 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero's expression of faintly bored indifference didn't change with learning this annoying man's name.  In fact, she simply blinked, observing him for a moment before deciding that she had better give her name as well.

"Lieutenant Junior Grade Zero Alpha," she said, the information obviously begrudged.  "I believe I told you that I do not require assistance."

Gavin beamed a smile.  "Please to meet you, Lieutenant Alpha," he said.  "I'd shake your hand, but...God knows what it's been in..."  Sighing, Gavin shook his head.  "Anyway.  I can tell you'd rather have me go to hell than continue talking to you right now.  I'll see you around, ma'am."

He turned to go, looking back over his shoulder, and then stopped.  "Erm.  Would you...like to go get a coffee, or something...later?  Maybe dinner?" he asked with a shrug.  From the reports that he'd read, Gavin knew damn well that Zero was in a relationship...with a Romulan, of all things.  However, he thought that perhaps coming off as a young boy with a crush would be easier to believe.  Then again, she was damned gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:11 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin beamed a smile.  "Please to meet you, Lieutenant Alpha," he said.  "I'd shake your hand, but...God knows what it's been in..."  Sighing, Gavin shook his head.  "Anyway.  I can tell you'd rather have me go to hell than continue talking to you right now.  I'll see you around, ma'am."

He turned to go, looking back over his shoulder, and then stopped.  "Erm.  Would you...like to go get a coffee, or something...later?  Maybe dinner?" he asked with a shrug.  From the reports that he'd read, Gavin knew damn well that Zero was in a relationship...with a Romulan, of all things.  However, he thought that perhaps coming off as a young boy with a crush would be easier to believe.  Then again, she was damned gorgeous.

Once again, Zero narrowed her eyes at the young man, trying to interpret the social cues and determine any hidden meaning behind the words. The conclusions she came to did not please her in the slightest.

Getting to her feet, she leaned on the console, scowling at Gavin. "Your words imply that you seek some form of romantic relationship with me. I would never stoop so low as to accept. Now leave. Me. Alone."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:38 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Once again, Zero narrowed her eyes at the young man, trying to interpret the social cues and determine any hidden meaning behind the words.  The conclusions she came to did not please her in the slightest.

Getting to her feet, she leaned on the console, scowling at Gavin.  "Your words imply that you seek some form of romantic relationship with me.  I would never stoop so low as to accept.  Now leave.  Me.  Alone."

Gavin sighed, rolling his sea-blue eyes. "Alright...alright," he said, shaking his head. Okay...so the reports were right. She's a total beast.

He turned to go, stopping once again. Gavin couldn't quite understand why he was so upset...after all, he'd fully expected this kind of reaction. It still stung, though. He was only human. The only one in this room, he thought, frowning sharply. "You know...time takes it out of all of us. Even you. Some day, you won't be the prettiest girl in the room. And you'll look around you and wonder, 'where is everyone?' I hope that day never comes for you, but you're not doing anything to stop it."

With that, he turned on his heel, and left.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:46 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

He turned to go, stopping once again.  Gavin couldn't quite understand why he was so upset...after all, he'd fully expected this kind of reaction.  It still stung, though.  He was only human.  The only one in this room, he thought, frowning sharply.  "You know...time takes it out of all of us.  Even you.  Some day, you won't be the prettiest girl in the room.  And you'll look around you and wonder, 'where is everyone?'  I hope that day never comes for you, but you're not doing anything to stop it."

With that, he turned on his heel, and left.

Smirking at Gavin, Zero didn't seem in the least bit bothered by his words. She knew that she wasn't likely to age much further than she already had and even if that element of her genetics didn't turn out as expected, she had the possibility of falling back on her intelligence. Having people around her? Not a real concern for her. She preferred to be alone.

"Impressive words for someone who has only known me for all of five minutes," she countered.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 6:55 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Smirking at Gavin, Zero didn't seem in the least bit bothered by his words.  She knew that she wasn't likely to age much further than she already had and even if that element of her genetics didn't turn out as expected, she had the possibility of falling back on her intelligence.  Having people around her?  Not a real concern for her.  She preferred to be alone.

"Impressive words for someone who has only known me for all of five minutes," she countered.

Just go, Gavin. Just turn around and go. Just get the hell out and go, forget it, forget all of it... he thought, even as he turned again. So much for being intelligent, he thought, as he faced the lieutenant once again.

"Oh?" he said, crossing his arms across his chest with a humorless smile. "Impressive, is it? Now I impress you? Is it just my words, or anything else? I write and I do origami...would you like to see some of them? Maybe be impressed by it?"

He ran his hand through his mop of hair, shaking his head. "Look. I'm just trying to be nice to you. Like it or not, you're a part of a community. This isn't the USS Zero Alpha. In case you haven't noticed, there's lots of other people here, too."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 7:03 am

Zero's smirk morphed right back into her bored expression as Gavin turned around to respond to her. Obviously, he hadn't grasped the sarcastic background to her words. She shook her head.

"You ignorant little child. It must be so soothing to live inside your head. One day, those images of rainbows and butterflies will be shattered and you will, at last, experience the horrors of the real world."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 7:14 am

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero's smirk morphed right back into her bored expression as Gavin turned around to respond to her.  Obviously, he hadn't grasped the sarcastic background to her words.  She shook her head.

"You ignorant little child.  It must be so soothing to live inside your head.  One day, those images of rainbows and butterflies will be shattered and you will, at last, experience the horrors of the real world."

He opened his mouth to retort, but shut it again. The reports Gavin had been given were full of redacted info, which he'd been told was need-to-know, and apparently he didn't need to know. Still, though, he knew the girl's background, and that she'd basically grown up in a lab. Therefore, he knew that he shouldn't jump to any conclusions about her...any aspect of her.

But he was still stinging from her snark. Almost unbidden, the words came to him. "Horrors? Yes, you're right...I rather think I'm experiencing one right now." he said, with a face that could only be described as 'pouty'. Somewhere in the back of his mind a voice screamed that he was allowing his emotions to run away with the situation.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 2:38 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

He opened his mouth to retort, but shut it again.  The reports Gavin had been given were full of redacted info, which he'd been told was need-to-know, and apparently he didn't need to know.  Still, though, he knew the girl's background, and that she'd basically grown up in a lab.  Therefore, he knew that he shouldn't jump to any conclusions about her...any aspect of her.

But he was still stinging from her snark.  Almost unbidden, the words came to him.  "Horrors?  Yes, you're right...I rather think I'm experiencing one right now." he said, with a face that could only be described as 'pouty'.  Somewhere in the back of his mind a voice screamed that he was allowing his emotions to run away with the situation.

Zero leaned forward over the console, resting her elbows on the surface of the workstation as she allowed a smile to tug at the corners of her mouth and yet fail to reach her eyes.

"You have no idea."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 11:36 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero leaned forward over the console, resting her elbows on the surface of the workstation as she allowed a smile to tug at the corners of her mouth and yet fail to reach her eyes.

"You have no idea."

Shaking his head, Gavin closed his eyes, almost as if in supplication to some deity. He opened them after a brief moment, sighing. "I have no idea," he repeated, crossing his arms and tapping his lip with an index finger.

The look Gavin gave the girl was considering, his sea-green eyes looking into her own pale ones. Finally, he spoke. "Why are you here, Doctor Alpha? And I don't mean that in the philosophical sense," he added. Gavin had never cared for those sciences. "Why are you even here?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 5:12 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Shaking his head, Gavin closed his eyes, almost as if in supplication to some deity.  He opened them after a brief moment, sighing.  "I have no idea," he repeated, crossing his arms and tapping his lip with an index finger.

The look Gavin gave the girl was considering, his sea-green eyes looking into her own pale ones.  Finally, he spoke.  "Why are you here, Doctor Alpha?  And I don't mean that in the philosophical sense," he added.  Gavin had never cared for those sciences.  "Why are you even here?"

Zero was clearly starting to get a little irritated beneath her bored demeanour. What was it with people who couldn't understand blatant social cues for them to leave? Was this another rule that she was going to have to revise in the little notebook she kept in her head for how to deal with people?

Rolling her eyes and pushing her chair away from her workstation, she folded her arms and glared at Gavin.

"I am attempting to complete a complex research project, in case you have failed to notice."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2014 9:56 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero was clearly starting to get a little irritated beneath her bored demeanour.  What was it with people who couldn't understand blatant social cues for them to leave?  Was this another rule that she was going to have to revise in the little notebook she kept in her head for how to deal with people?

Rolling her eyes and pushing her chair away from her workstation, she folded her arms and glared at Gavin.

"I am attempting to complete a complex research project, in case you have failed to notice."

"Oh...oh, no.  I noticed," Gavin said, keeping his own arms folded and staring right back at her, eye-to-eye.  He wondered if this was what gunfighters of the Ancient West felt like.  A complex research project?  Sister, you aren't the only one, he thought.  

"Again, you misinterpret my question.  I didn't mean to ask you what you were doing right now.  My vision, along with my brain, work quite well...apart, and in tandem.  No, ma'am...I mean, what are you doing here?  On a starship posting?  Surely, you can do work better at a research facility.  Maybe something quiet and out of the way...and yet, here you are, living among us intellectual ants.  Why?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2014 5:42 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Oh...oh, no.  I noticed," Gavin said, keeping his own arms folded and staring right back at her, eye-to-eye.  He wondered if this was what gunfighters of the Ancient West felt like.  A complex research project?  Sister, you aren't the only one, he thought.  

"Again, you misinterpret my question.  I didn't mean to ask you what you were doing right now.  My vision, along with my brain, work quite well...apart, and in tandem.  No, ma'am...I mean, what are you doing here?  On a starship posting?  Surely, you can do work better at a research facility.  Maybe something quiet and out of the way...and yet, here you are, living among us intellectual ants.  Why?"

There was a subtle flash of fear in the Augment's eyes as Gavin mentioned working at a research facility. She had already spent too long in those places. She even had her own room at Starfleet Medical in San Francisco, with her less-known name on the door.

"Perhaps I prefer a more nomadic existence," she shot back at the man, unwilling to reveal anything so deeply personal as her experiences with medical research facilities.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]   Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meeting of Minds [Zero/Gavin]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next