Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] Empty
PostSubject: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 5:54 pm

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay - Waiting Room]

Well, she had truly put her foot in it now, Archangel thought bitterly as she sat in the waiting room of her ship's sickbay, waiting to be called into her sister-in-law's office for their first 'official chat'.

After the discussion she had had with Thelos only a couple of days ago, someone had looked through her medical file and realised that she had very carefully been avoiding all of the counselling sessions she was supposed to be having after the Jarris incident.

And now, here she sat, under orders to report to Counsellor Abols for her first counselling session. She wasn't sure if Gabriel knew that she had, once again, been avoiding medical treatment, but she suspected that Chira had probably told him, or at least asked him if he had noticed anything.

She let out an irritated sigh, crossing her legs and rubbing her brow ridges. The sooner she got this over with, the better.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 8:28 pm

[USS Phoenix - Counseling Office]

Glancing down at her day planner, Chira gave a soft little smile as she saw the name that was listed on it. One of her first actions after assuming the role as the Phoenix's full-time counselor had been to replicate an actual, made-of-real-paper day planner, along with a pen. It was a bit hard to get her fingers to wrap around the pen in the proper way, but there was something truly special about tactile writing. The biggest reason, though, was the fact that Chira didn't think that her appointments should be be reduced to computer data. They were real people...her crewmates, her friends.

And, in this case, her family.

Circling the captain's name, Chira re-capped her fountain pen and walked over toward the door. She had called in to Admiral Deacon not long after noticing that Archangel had conveniently forgotten to check in with her counselling sessions. Apparently, the call had gone through, because...here she was.

The door slid open and Chira smiled warmly at her sister-in-law. "Hey," she grinned, giving her a quick hug as she came in. Here, there was no 'ma'am' and 'captain'. This was a more relaxed place, and they were on their own. "C'mon in, have a seat...can I get you a drink?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:40 am

Archangel had been wondering if she could get away with fabricating an emergency to get way from this appointment, but Chira stepped out of her office before she could put a call into the bridge to ask them to summon her away.

She tensed slightly as Chira hugged her, but returned the gesture. Gabriel was the only one she was completely comfortable with touching her, but she was going to make an effort at least with the rest of her family, even if her time window for escaping had just closed.

Stepping into the counsellor's office, Archangel tried not to feel as if she was under a microscope. She stayed standing, at parade rest.

"Hm? Oh, uh, tea? Please?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:42 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel had been wondering if she could get away with fabricating an emergency to get way from this appointment, but Chira stepped out of her office before she could put a call into the bridge to ask them to summon her away.

She tensed slightly as Chira hugged her, but returned the gesture.  Gabriel was the only one she was completely comfortable with touching her, but she was going to make an effort at least with the rest of her family, even if her time window for escaping had just closed.

Stepping into the counsellor's office, Archangel tried not to feel as if she was under a microscope.  She stayed standing, at parade rest.

"Hm?  Oh, uh, tea?  Please?"

Quietly nodding, Chira keyed in two mugs of tea, handing one to the captain. "Please," she said, gesturing with her other hand toward the two soft chairs in front of the desk, "have a seat." Chira felt like adding 'relax' into that request, but she often found that people commanded to relax did just the opposite. She sat in one, opting not to go to her desk chair. Nothing put someone ill at ease more than feeling like they were talking to a teacher, and talking across a desk certainly invoked that.

Chira crossed her legs at the ankles, watching her sister-in-law over the rim of her teacup. "It's...been a while since we've had a chance to talk, Arch. I wanted to catch up with you." Actually, it had been a long while since they'd spoken in a professional manner. Probably not since the fallout of the Chin'toka incident. A dark, closing chapter to bad days.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:58 am

Chira Abols wrote:

Quietly nodding, Chira keyed in two mugs of tea, handing one to the captain.  "Please," she said, gesturing with her other hand toward the two soft chairs in front of the desk, "have a seat."  Chira felt like adding 'relax' into that request, but she often found that people commanded to relax did just the opposite.  She sat in one, opting not to go to her desk chair.  Nothing put someone ill at ease more than feeling like they were talking to a teacher, and talking across a desk certainly invoked that.

Chira crossed her legs at the ankles, watching her sister-in-law over the rim of her teacup.  "It's...been a while since we've had a chance to talk, Arch.  I wanted to catch up with you."  Actually, it had been a long while since they'd spoken in a professional manner.  Probably not since the fallout of the Chin'toka incident.  A dark, closing chapter to bad days.  

Archangel waited until Chira had sat down before taking a seat herself. She took a sip of the tea, pleased to note that it was hot and strong, just the way she liked it. This wasn't her domain. This was Chira's. She was the commanding officer here and Archangel would respect that the same way she hoped that Chira would respect her authority on the bridge..

Apparently, it had been a while since she had talked to Chira. On a professional front, that was very true. As far as Archangel could remember, she hadn't had a talk with a counsellor since she had been released from Starfleet medical after the Jarris incident.

"Very true," she said carefully. "How was your trip to Bajor?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 8:22 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel waited until Chira had sat down before taking a seat herself.  She took a sip of the tea, pleased to note that it was hot and strong, just the way she liked it.  This wasn't her domain.  This was Chira's.  She was the commanding officer here and Archangel would respect that the same way she hoped that Chira would respect her authority on the bridge..

Apparently, it had been a while since she had talked to Chira.  On a professional front, that was very true.  As far as Archangel could remember, she hadn't had a talk with a counsellor since she had been released from Starfleet medical after the Jarris incident.

"Very true," she said carefully.  "How was your trip to Bajor?"

"Lovely," Chira grinned, feeling and looking like a happy schoolgirl. "We walked on the beach, went climbing rocks, watched the moonrise and the sunset...and didn't worry about a damn thing starship-related for a week." Taking another sip, Chira set the cup down on the edge of the desk. "How about you? I heard that you and Gabe had a good trip to Centaurus, yourselves." She grinned a bit impishly, an easily-recognizable Arthur family trait that just couldn't be covered up.

It was all small talk, of course...Chira could imagine that Arch wasn't a huge fan of it, but in a way, small talk was her business. This wasn't an interrogation, after all. She hoped that the captain felt it was just a talk between friends...which it was.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 2:14 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

"Lovely," Chira grinned, feeling and looking like a happy schoolgirl.  "We walked on the beach, went climbing rocks, watched the moonrise and the sunset...and didn't worry about a damn thing starship-related for a week."  Taking another sip, Chira set the cup down on the edge of the desk.  "How about you?  I heard that you and Gabe had a good trip to Centaurus, yourselves."  She grinned a bit impishly, an easily-recognizable Arthur family trait that just couldn't be covered up.  

It was all small talk, of course...Chira could imagine that Arch wasn't a huge fan of it, but in a way, small talk was her business.  This wasn't an interrogation, after all.  She hoped that the captain felt it was just a talk between friends...which it was.

"Yes, we did," Archangel replied, thinking fondly of the time she had spento on Centaurus with Gabriel. They hadn't done much exploring of the planet, but there had been plenty of exploring done in their hotel suite. It had been an enjoyable time, until Starfleet had decided to send their reactivation orders partway through it and S31 had decided to pay her a visit.

Archangel's expression darkened slightly at the thought of the events that had tainted what were supposed to be such pleasant memories.

Chira was right in her assumption that she wasn't keen on small talk. It had never been a skill she had been able to pick up, no matter how much she tried. She just didn't have the patience.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 6:52 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Yes, we did," Archangel replied, thinking fondly of the time she had spento on Centaurus with Gabriel.  They hadn't done much exploring of the planet, but there had been plenty of exploring done in their hotel suite.  It had been an enjoyable time, until Starfleet had decided to send their reactivation orders partway through it and S31 had decided to pay her a visit.  

Archangel's expression darkened slightly at the thought of the events that had tainted what were supposed to be such pleasant memories.

Chira was right in her assumption that she wasn't keen on small talk.  It had never been a skill she had been able to pick up, no matter how much she tried.  She just didn't have the patience.

It was easy to pick up on the coyly happy undertone in Archangel's voice when she mentioned honeymooning. Chira could only imagine, but...knowing what she did of interpersonal behavior among the Romulan species...

Yeah, okay, she thought, I really, *really* shouldn't be thinking about those kind of things when my own brother is involved. Smiling softly, Chira took another drink of her tea. "We've decided not to wait to start a family," she quietly added. "So I'm keeping Henriks busy."

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 7:14 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

It was easy to pick up on the coyly happy undertone in Archangel's voice when she mentioned honeymooning.  Chira could only imagine, but...knowing what she did of interpersonal behavior among the Romulan species...

Yeah, okay, she thought, I really, *really* shouldn't be thinking about those kind of things when my own brother is involved.  Smiling softly, Chira took another drink of her tea.  "We've decided not to wait to start a family," she quietly added.  "So I'm keeping Henriks busy."

Archangel nodded in understanding. Looking back at her life, she probably wouldn't have chosen to have children so early in her life and career, but now that she had the girls, she couldn't bring herself to feel any regret or wish that things had been different.

Not knowing what to say in response to that, other than something about Chira's reproductive plans not being required knowledge for the captain, Archangel decided to take a more diplomatic route and sipped her tea. She was still highly suspicious of the whole situation. This was a counselling session, that's what she was required to attend. In the back of her mind, the part of her consciousness that was closely affiliated with Intelligence was already dissecting the situation and analysing it for any tells as to Chira's plans.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 8:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel nodded in understanding.  Looking back at her life, she probably wouldn't have chosen to have children so early in her life and career, but now that she had the girls, she couldn't bring herself to feel any regret or wish that things had been different.

Not knowing what to say in response to that, other than something about Chira's reproductive plans not being required knowledge for the captain, Archangel decided to take a more diplomatic route and sipped her tea.  She was still highly suspicious of the whole situation.  This was a counselling session, that's what she was required to attend.  In the back of her mind, the part of her consciousness that was closely affiliated with Intelligence was already dissecting the situation and analysing it for any tells as to Chira's plans.

Well. So much for the small talk. Chira could practically feel the Romulan folding herself inside her own psyche, as she was wont to do...so she figured it was time to start to get to the point.

"I'll come right out with it, Arch. I'm not here to dance around and play games...I respect you too much as my CO. More importantly, I love you as my family member. So, yeah - Starfleet has mandated that you be here. I know you'd rather muck out targ pens than be sitting right here," she laughed, taking another drink of tea. "So. This isn't an interrogation, and we're far from strangers."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 5:44 am

Chira Abols wrote:

Well.  So much for the small talk.  Chira could practically feel the Romulan folding herself inside her own psyche, as she was wont to do...so she figured it was time to start to get to the point.  

"I'll come right out with it, Arch.  I'm not here to dance around and play games...I respect you too much as my CO.  More importantly, I love you as my family member.  So, yeah - Starfleet has mandated that you be here.  I know you'd rather muck out targ pens than be sitting right here," she laughed, taking another drink of tea.  "So.  This isn't an interrogation, and we're far from strangers."

One upswept eyebrow was raised slightly as Archangel observed her sister in law.  She set her tea cup aside with careful movements, buying herself time in order to collect the necessary thoughts and words.

"Not an interrogation, hm?" she said eventually, keeping a carefully neutral expression on her face.  Her tone was measured, each word undergoing scrutiny before being allowed out of her mouth.  "Contrary to popular belief, interrogations do not have to be performed by strangers, nor do they have to happen in cells.  Even family members can interrogate you when sitting at home."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:00 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

One upswept eyebrow was raised slightly as Archangel observed her sister in law.  She set her tea cup aside with careful movements, buying herself time in order to collect the necessary thoughts and words.

"Not an interrogation, hm?" she said eventually, keeping a carefully neutral expression on her face.  Her tone was measured, each word undergoing scrutiny before being allowed out of her mouth.  "Contrary to popular belief, interrogations do not have to be performed by strangers, nor do they have to happen in cells.  Even family members can interrogate you when sitting at home."

The 'neutral' face, Chira thought, making mental notes. Wish we could start off somewhere better, but...oh well. Oh well, indeed. She had hoped that their personal relationship would have counted for more, but Chira also knew Archangel's history, both in her life and in her medical records. And she was sure that she only knew the half of it...and that was probably a generous estimate.

She decided to change tracks. It would do neither of them any good to hash over whether this was an interrogation or not. Chira's job wasn't to argue with her patients. Even if she won such an argument, it'd still be a loss. "How're things been going on the ship? Settling in to everything, new command structure, an all?" She flashed a small grin. "Aside from the whole 'we got stuck in a cave' thing."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:11 am

Chira Abols wrote:

The 'neutral' face, Chira thought, making mental notes.  Wish we could start off somewhere better, but...oh well.  Oh well, indeed.  She had hoped that their personal relationship would have counted for more, but Chira also knew Archangel's history, both in her life and in her medical records.  And she was sure that she only knew the half of it...and that was probably a generous estimate.

She decided to change tracks.  It would do neither of them any good to hash over whether this was an interrogation or not.  Chira's job wasn't to argue with her patients.  Even if she won such an argument, it'd still be a loss.  "How're things been going on the ship?  Settling in to everything, new command structure, an all?"  She flashed a small grin.  "Aside from the whole 'we got stuck in a cave' thing."

There was a small flash of suspicion on Archangel's part as Chira changed subjects on to their current assignment. She knew that Chira had to be aware of how everyone on the ship was feeling and settling in. That was just part of her job. As captain on the ship, Archangel was aware of the fact that she too should be confiding in the counsellor far more than she actually did.

"Gabriel and I are used to working together in a command structure from back when we were both engineers. A change of uniform won't have much of an effect on that," she replied evenly. She was deliberately skirting the issue about managing to lose her ship on their first mission out of dock. Going into that now would just give Chira a lot of ammunition to question her about. " The girls are settling in well to their new home. Seika's happy to have a few more children her age around to play with."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:24 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

There was a small flash of suspicion on Archangel's part as Chira changed subjects on to their current assignment.  She knew that Chira had to be aware of how everyone on the ship was feeling and settling in.  That was just part of her job.  As captain on the ship, Archangel was aware of the fact that she too should be confiding in the counsellor far more than she actually did.

"Gabriel and I are used to working together in a command structure from back when we were both engineers.  A change of uniform won't have much of an effect on that," she replied evenly.  She was deliberately skirting the issue about managing to lose her ship on their first mission out of dock.  Going into that now would just give Chira a lot of ammunition to question her about.  " The girls are settling in well to their new home.  Seika's happy to have a few more children her age around to play with."

"And Aria'll be playing right along with her, before too long," Chira smiled. And, hopefully, they'll have another playmate before too long. A little cousin... Hopefully. She didn't dwell too much on it, though. If it would, it would. "To be honest, I'm glad to see your family on a larger ship class, like this. I bet an Akira would have really started to get cramped."

Chira picked her tea back up, taking a sip, wondering how to next proceed. One of the main reasons Starfleet had wanted Archangel in counseling was the near-loss of her ship. Had it actually been lost, the counseling would have been mandatory, along with a few months of leave. That would have been true for everyone. It had been a near-miss, though...and under damn mysterious circumstances. "Has there been any word, either from Engineering or Starfleet, as to how those people could have performed such a mass-transportation on us, like they did?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:39 am

Chira Abols wrote:

"And Aria'll be playing right along with her, before too long," Chira smiled.  And, hopefully, they'll have another playmate before too long.  A little cousin...  Hopefully.  She didn't dwell too much on it, though.  If it would, it would.  "To be honest, I'm glad to see your family on a larger ship class, like this.  I bet an Akira would have really started to get cramped."

Chira picked her tea back up, taking a sip, wondering how to next proceed.  One of the main reasons Starfleet had wanted Archangel in counseling was the near-loss of her ship.  Had it actually been lost, the counseling would have been mandatory, along with a few months of leave.  That would have been true for everyone.  It had been a near-miss, though...and under damn mysterious circumstances.  "Has there been any word, either from Engineering or Starfleet, as to how those people could have performed such a mass-transportation on us, like they did?"

A muscle in Archangel's jaw twitched as Chira continued down a line of questions that the Romulan really didn't want to get into. Starfleet had sent her a missive concerning her continued avoidance of counselling sessions after the Jarris incident, and the near loss of her ship had been the edge that they needed to force her into it. It had been attend the sessions or lose her ship, and she really didn't want to think of the consequences to losing her ship from certain people in black uniforms.

She picked up her tea again, taking a sip before answering her sister-in-law in order to buy some time to think. "No, there hasn't ." Well, there had been a few suggestions, but they were all either ridiculous or terrifying to contemplate. "I trust that all the casualties recovered or are recovering?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 8:06 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

A muscle in Archangel's jaw twitched as Chira continued down a line of questions that the Romulan really didn't want to get into.  Starfleet had sent her a missive concerning her continued avoidance of counselling sessions after the Jarris incident, and the near loss of her ship had been the edge that they needed to force her into it.  It had been attend the sessions or lose her ship, and she really didn't want to think of the consequences to losing her ship from certain people in black uniforms.

She picked up her tea again, taking a sip before answering her sister-in-law in order to buy some time to think.  "No, there hasn't ."  Well, there had been a few suggestions, but they were all either ridiculous or terrifying to contemplate.  "I trust that all the casualties recovered or are recovering?"

Nodding, Chira set her tea cup aside, the contents having been drained.  Well, she thought, *now* what am I going to distract myself with?  Oh well.  It irked her to be so uncomfortable with a patient, but...it was never easy working on family, no matter the capacity.  "Yes, there wasn't much beyond scrapes and bruises and slight lacerations..those bones that were broken were an easy fix once we got back to the ship."  She made sure to focus on the fact that nobody had seriously been injured.  Well, aside from the fact that she'd heard Raynor had straight-up killed one of the invaders.  Nothing to be done for that, though.

"Whatever those people used, it almost defies conventional wisdom on transporter tech.  Almost as if they just...magicked us out of the ship."  Chira hoped that her meaning was getting across, mainly in the form of wanting to knock on Archangel's ridged forehead while shouting, it wasn't your damned fault, woman!
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 11:43 am

Chira Abols wrote:

Nodding, Chira set her tea cup aside, the contents having been drained.  Well, she thought, *now* what am I going to distract myself with?  Oh well.  It irked her to be so uncomfortable with a patient, but...it was never easy working on family, no matter the capacity.  "Yes, there wasn't much beyond scrapes and bruises and slight lacerations..those bones that were broken were an easy fix once we got back to the ship."  She made sure to focus on the fact that nobody had seriously been injured.  Well, aside from the fact that she'd heard Raynor had straight-up killed one of the invaders.  Nothing to be done for that, though.

"Whatever those people used, it almost defies conventional wisdom on transporter tech.  Almost as if they just...magicked us out of the ship."  Chira hoped that her meaning was getting across, mainly in the form of wanting to knock on Archangel's ridged forehead while shouting, it wasn't your damned fault, woman!

Archangel crossed her legs and rested the saucer of her teacup on her knee, never actually taking her eyes off the counsellor opposite her. She was starting to feel as if she was under intense scrutiny, not unlike the way Sovereign used to watch her train, looking for possible chinks in her armour to exploit.

The fact that her ship had been boarded and taken over had also brought memories of Jarris slamming back into the forefront of her thoughts. She had started waking up in the middle of the night again, trying to stifle her screams so as not to wake anyone up. She wasn't sure how much of that Gabriel was aware of, nor how much he talked to his sister.

She sat back in her chair, careful to keep her expression neutral. "Conventional wisdom perhaps," she replied carefully. As an engineer herself, she knew of the various ways that something like this could have happened, and she didn't like any of the answers she had come up with. She had spent many an hour in her quarters at her work station, running simulations of her own using all the resources that she could get her hands on from outside conventional Starfleet sources.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:32 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel crossed her legs and rested the saucer of her teacup on her knee, never actually taking her eyes off the counsellor opposite her.  She was starting to feel as if she was under intense scrutiny, not unlike the way Sovereign used to watch her train, looking for possible chinks in her armour to exploit.

The fact that her ship had been boarded and taken over had also brought memories of Jarris slamming back into the forefront of her thoughts.  She had started waking up in the middle of the night again, trying to stifle her screams so as not to wake anyone up.  She wasn't sure how much of that Gabriel was aware of, nor how much he talked to his sister.

She sat back in her chair, careful to keep her expression neutral.  "Conventional wisdom perhaps," she replied carefully.  As an engineer herself, she knew of the various ways that something like this could have happened, and she didn't like any of the answers she had come up with.  She had spent many an hour in her quarters at her work station, running simulations of her own using all the resources that she could get her hands on from outside conventional Starfleet sources.

Nodding, Chira shrugged slightly. The wherefores of the entire situation was something for Arch's people to digest. She was worried more about how the captain herself. Chira also knew what kind of strangeness that they could come across at any given time in this line of work.

Chira re-crossed her legs, putting the subject of the last mission to bed. There wasn't any use to keep hashing it out. "How about you, Arch? Command seems to be suiting you well."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 8:02 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Nodding, Chira shrugged slightly.  The wherefores of the entire situation was something for Arch's people to digest.  She was worried more about how the captain herself.  Chira also knew what kind of strangeness that they could come across at any given time in this line of work.  

Chira re-crossed her legs, putting the subject of the last mission to bed.  There wasn't any use to keep hashing it out.  "How about you, Arch?  Command seems to be suiting you well."

The teacup shattered in Archangel's hand. Thankfully, only the dregs of the tea had remained, sparing her getting her uniform too wet, but the surprise of the act had caused her to flinch. Command suiting her well? How could it suit her well when she didn't deserve the post?

"My apologies," the Romulan replied formally, starting to pick up the pieces of the cup so that she could put them back into the replicator for recycling.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 10:03 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The teacup shattered in Archangel's hand.  Thankfully, only the dregs of the tea had remained, sparing her getting her uniform too wet, but the surprise of the act had caused her to flinch.  Command suiting her well?  How could it suit her well when she didn't deserve the post?  

"My apologies," the Romulan replied formally, starting to pick up the pieces of the cup so that she could put them back into the replicator for recycling.

Chira jumped slightly at the sound of the teacup shattering, but she recovered fairly quickly. The tea stains could be easily beamed out of her carpet, but she'd also noticed greenish blood mixed in with it. Not missing a beat, Chira moved around her desk, pulling out her first aid kit. A quick tricorder scan showed that, fortunately, no ceramic shards had embedded in the hand. The dermal regenerator made quick work of the lacerations, and that was that.

Still holding the captain's hand, she gave it one last look to satisfy the nurse in her. After that, the counselor took back over. "You obviously do not agree with me," she quietly stated.

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 5:47 am

Chira Abols wrote:

Chira jumped slightly at the sound of the teacup shattering, but she recovered fairly quickly.  The tea stains could be easily beamed out of her carpet, but she'd also noticed greenish blood mixed in with it.  Not missing a beat, Chira moved around her desk, pulling out her first aid kit.  A quick tricorder scan showed that, fortunately, no ceramic shards had embedded in the hand.  The dermal regenerator made quick work of the lacerations, and that was that.

Still holding the captain's hand, she gave it one last look to satisfy the nurse in her.  After that, the counselor took back over.  "You obviously do not agree with me," she quietly stated.

It took quite a bit of effort for Archangel not to revert to her usual habits and refuse the medical treatment for the cuts on her hand, but she managed to keep herself still and let Chira tend to it.

As soon as the last traces of the lacerations had been removed, she pulled her hand away, almost glaring at her sister-in-law as jumped to her feet. "Whether or not I agree with you is irrelevant."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 7:15 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It took quite a bit of effort for Archangel not to revert to her usual habits and refuse the medical treatment for the cuts on her hand, but she managed to keep herself still and let Chira tend to it.  

As soon as the last traces of the lacerations had been removed, she pulled her hand away, almost glaring at her sister-in-law as jumped to her feet.  "Whether or not I agree with you is irrelevant."

Even more herculean was the effort it took Chira not to give a sigh that came from the bottom of her soul. It was not a very counselor-like thing to do. She realized why, now, that she'd been billeted to a Ship's Counselor position, which was something not often granted to NCOs - her career had been built on dealing with the emotional states of Zero Alpha, Jiseth, and Captain T'Koris. If anything, she should probably be in the running for a Carrington...

"It is quite relevant," she said, settling back into her chair and steepling her fingers, looking somewhat like a Vulcan monk searching for calm. "Do you not feel that your captaincy has been successful? Why is that?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 7:34 am

Chira Abols wrote:

Even more herculean was the effort it took Chira not to give a sigh that came from the bottom of her soul.  It was not a very counselor-like thing to do.  She realized why, now, that she'd been billeted to a Ship's Counselor position, which was something not often granted to NCOs - her career had been built on dealing with the emotional states of Zero Alpha, Jiseth, and Captain T'Koris.  If anything, she should probably be in the running for a Carrington...

"It is quite relevant," she said, settling back into her chair and steepling her fingers, looking somewhat like a Vulcan monk searching for calm.  "Do you not feel that your captaincy has been successful?  Why is that?"

Archangel's newly repaired hand balled into a fist at her side, ignoring the slight twinges of pain that remained after the dermal regen.

"What I do or do not feel is irrelevant, Chira. I will do what is expected of me."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 7:55 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel's newly repaired hand balled into a fist at her side, ignoring the slight twinges of pain that remained after the dermal regen.  

"What I do or do not feel is irrelevant, Chira.  I will do what is expected of me."

"Obviously," Chira nodded, not letting a null beat pass. "But we're not here for a performance evaluation. That's Starfleet Command's job." She continued to keep her fingers in the pseudo-meditative position, leaning forward a little bit. "I have no doubt in my mind that you do your duty, Arch. What's expected of you. You've never shied away from that, in all the time I've known you. In all the time Gabe's known you."

Counting off points on her fingers, Chira continued. "You do your duty. You are the mistress of one of Starfleet's most important posts. You're a devoted mother to my nieces and wife to my brother. What is it, then...that makes you feel like you're not suited for where you are?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2014 8:04 am

Chira Abols wrote:

"Obviously," Chira nodded, not letting a null beat pass.  "But we're not here for a performance evaluation.  That's Starfleet Command's job."  She continued to keep her fingers in the pseudo-meditative position, leaning forward a little bit.  "I have no doubt in my mind that you do your duty, Arch.  What's expected of you.  You've never shied away from that, in all the time I've known you.  In all the time Gabe's known you."

Counting off points on her fingers, Chira continued.  "You do your duty.  You are the mistress of one of Starfleet's most important posts.  You're a devoted mother to my nieces and wife to my brother.  What is it, then...that makes you feel like you're not suited for where you are?"

Archangel folded her arms, turning back to look at Chira, a distinctly unamused look on her face as she did so. This was a line of questioning that she really didn't want to get into, especially not with someone so close to her family. She didn't want to ruin whatever vision the counsellor seemed to have built up about her.

"When you look at a captain, what are their responsibilities?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next