Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 21, 2014 3:09 pm

Chira Abols wrote:

Probably not, Chira thought, but we have to try.  "I want you to trust me, Archangel.  Not as family, but as a confidant.  This is my job.  And it's your job to talk to me when you have to.  The padd," she said, glancing down to the screen in the Romulan's hand, "is only a starting point.  I want you to try, though.  And when you're back here in two days, we'll go from there."  And don't you even think about ducking out of these sessions now...or I'll be on you like a tribble on grain.

In fact, Archangel was already thinking up ways that she could duck out of her next session with Chira. So far, she had thought of 10 different scenarios. She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. She ran a hand over her hair.

"Chira, there are some things I can't tell you, that's just it. They're classified."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 7:43 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

In fact, Archangel was already thinking up ways that she could duck out of her next session with Chira.  So far, she had thought of 10 different scenarios.  She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself.  She ran a hand over her hair.

"Chira, there are some things I can't tell you, that's just it.  They're classified."

Figured as much, Chira thought, nodding slightly. She knew that, eventually, she'd come up against a wall like this. Unlike other things, there wasn't much that could be done about it. "I know, Arch. Use your best judgement in what to tell me, and what not to. We can still work through this, without violating your classifications."

Then there was that small voice, one that was nagging and seeming to get louder. The one that didn't want to know any of it. The one that assumed that, the more she knew, the more danger she'd be in. Her, Henriks...their baby. Everyone.

Chira wrapped her sister-in-law in a close hug. "We'll do this again. I want you to see that there's no reason for you to avoid these sessions."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 22, 2014 7:51 am

Chira Abols wrote:

Figured as much, Chira thought, nodding slightly.  She knew that, eventually, she'd come up against a wall like this.  Unlike other things, there wasn't much that could be done about it.  "I know, Arch.  Use your best judgement in what to tell me, and what not to.  We can still work through this, without violating your classifications."

Then there was that small voice, one that was nagging and seeming to get louder.  The one that didn't want to know any of it.  The one that assumed that, the more she knew, the more danger she'd be in.  Her, Henriks...their baby.  Everyone.

Chira wrapped her sister-in-law in a close hug.  "We'll do this again.  I want you to see that there's no reason for you to avoid these sessions."

Despite having a moment's hesitation, Archangel hugged her sister in law back. She knew that Chira was just trying to help her, but it wasn't going to work. Not unless Chira was privy to everything that happened in Archangel's mind. That included Nemesis.

Pulling back, she looked away. "In my psychological file, there's a restricted section called Schism. The password is November Echo Mike 149."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:05 pm

[Later]

Chira sat at her desk long after Archangel had gone, going over the password in her head, along with the possibility of using it. She knew enough about what kind of life Archangel was associated with to pick up on a few things, both gleaned from Gabriel and from her own intuition. Chira loved her sister-in-law dearly, but there was still a protective, older sister part of her that wondered if Gabriel's, and the girls', lives wouldn't be easier if...

No. The word slammed down on the line of thought like a dungeon door, walling it away. Gabriel had made his own decisions. He was a man grown, a war veteran, and the executive officer of the ship. He could handle himself.

The other concern, of course, was her own family, and life. She knew now that it wasn't just herself and Henriks that she had to be concerned with. What about the life growing inside her? Would the baby's life be in jeopardy if Chira read these files, entered this world? Likely so. Not for the first time in her life did she silently curse her inborn need and drive to help people. It would be so much easier to walk away from all of this. Just get up, walk away. Resign as counselor, step down from her promotion. How much easier would her life be just as a simple medic, raising her children with Henriks, free of the poisoning influence of Archangel's life?

Only...it wasn't that simple. Nothing ever is, she thought, bringing up Arch's psych profile. Yes, it would be easier to walk away. She would never forgive herself, though. I just hope...one day...my child can forgive me, she thought, entering the password.

[END]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]   Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battle of the Minds - [Chira/Archangel]
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3