Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 4:46 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

"Yes, we could have used many of your classmates, but you were always the one to stand out," Admiral Corinth said.  "We needed someone who could keep up with her intellect.  It would have been all to easy for her to give many of your classmates the slip or feed them misinformation."

"You claim that she isn't dangerous?  How little you know, son.  During various times that we have let her out of this facility, she has been reported to be insubordinate and displaying a severe superiority complex.  She got involved with Romulans.  She became alcoholic.  She began creating other Augments.  None of these elements scream 'harmless' to me, Mr Van Gelder."  He glanced over at the closet as Gavin brought it up.  "An unfortunate element, but it was necessary to find a manner of disciplining her.  Stumbling across her acute fear of enclosed, dark spaces was a blessing in that respect."

Corinth had a fair point. While Gavin had many capable classmates, none of them were on his level, as far as intellect went. It had been a sticking point with many of them who just assumed that he'd gained his accelerated learning track due to his family connections. They were often surprised to find him, indeed, the smartest guy in the room.

"Zero has a superiority complex because she is superior, in the most literal sense of the term," Gavin said, completely undeterred. He didn't see an admiral in front of him anymore. Now, there was just someone against whom a point was to be debated. Another mind to match. "Want some more empirical observations? She got involved with Romulans," he said, ticking off points on his fingertips. "Her commanding officer is one. The baby for which she was primary care physician and helped deliver is part Romulan. Her partner is one. Is that the kind of 'involved' to which you refer?"

Barreling on, Gavin didn't give the man a chance to get a word in. "She made other Augments. Well, the jury's out on that, isn't it? Why did she do that? It was because she didn't grow up. She didn't get a chance to experience age one to nineteen. She made a goddamn baby because she was trying to express love, but only had medical text to go by." Getting around to his final point, Gavin jabbed his finger at the admiral like a dagger. "Alcoholic? How would you feel if all this was done to you, and you didn't even have the solace of our God-given right to drink ourselves into oblivion? She can't really get that drunk, you know. I'm going to go on a limb and assume you were young once, right? First taste of dad's beer, first kiss and awkward, fumbling sex. What did you do? You screwed up. You embarrassed yourself, you got puke-stupid drunk, made a real ass of yourself. What happened, then? Did someone stuff you in a closet until you learned obedience? No. You learned from your screw-ups and got better."

Shaking his head, Gavin rubbed his temples, his temper raging. "That's what she needs...the chance to learn. Not in your lab, not in your closet. Not under Starfleet Medical's gestapo boot. On her own, with her friends and family that give a damn about her."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 5:04 pm

Admiral Corinth took the outburst in stride, having endured similar from various patients that came thought his department in Starfleet Medical. He folded his arms behind his back, waiting for the ensign to finish. He made a mental note to have a word with the young man's father about Gavin's defense of the Augment.

"And you demonstrate my point as to why she isn't ready to face the world on her own yet," he replied evenly. "When you 'screwed up' as you so elegantly put it, you relied on your parents to educate you. In 1419's case, the doctors here are her parents. It falls to us to educate her." He sniffed. "Perhaps you have a different view of parenting, but we do what we can to prepare her. Unfortunately, she was brought up to believe exactly what will get her hurt."

He stepped over to the closet, keying it open. Zero was sitting on the floor in a corner, hugging her knees to her chest. She blinked in the sudden light, then unfolded her limbs and stepped out, her arms wrapped around her as she trembled slightly. Admiral Corinth patted her shoulder.

"There, 1419. I'm sure you have learned your lesson." The Augment nodded miserably. "There's a good girl."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2014 8:12 pm

Sighing, Gavin leaned against one of the biobeds, his head in his hands. What a mess this was. The damnedest thing about it, though, was that he really didn't have much else he could do. Corinth held all the cards. He was just a nobody ensign (that would probably stay that way his whole career), swimming in a tank of hostile sharks. It wasn't like he was going to outwit them and turn their hearts around with an impassioned speech...no matter how well he put one together.

"Look...don't you think that ship's sailed, already?" Moving over to Zero, Gavin gave her a smile, and laid a gentle hand on her shoulder. "Parents or no, there comes a day when it's time to push the child out of the nest. Well...this bird's way past that point. A child's independence is one genie that will not go back in a bottle." He turned to Corinth, giving the man a level stare. "Remand her to me as caretaker and familial custodian. We can both report to you. Together. Let her learn what it is to be human in her own way, the same way all of us did. By experiencing it."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 2:58 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
Sighing, Gavin leaned against one of the biobeds, his head in his hands.  What a mess this was.  The damnedest thing about it, though, was that he really didn't have much else he could do.  Corinth held all the cards.  He was just a nobody ensign (that would probably stay that way his whole career), swimming in a tank of hostile sharks.  It wasn't like he was going to outwit them and turn their hearts around with an impassioned speech...no matter how well he put one together.

"Look...don't you think that ship's sailed, already?"  Moving over to Zero, Gavin gave her a smile, and laid a gentle hand on her shoulder.  "Parents or no, there comes a day when it's time to push the child out of the nest.  Well...this bird's way past that point.  A child's independence is one genie that will not go back in a bottle."  He turned to Corinth, giving the man a level stare.  "Remand her to me as caretaker and familial custodian.  We can both report to you.  Together.  Let her learn what it is to be human in her own way, the same way all of us did.  By experiencing it."

Admiral Corinth watched as Zero shifted uncomfortably under the contact the same way she had done with him before looking to Gavin, considering the young man.

"No, Mr Van Gelder, she isn't ready to face the world on her own. Her actions during the times she has been let out prove that. As for you taking guardianship over her, you are not the kind of influence we want her to follow. In fact, I believe that you were one to take her out drinking recently."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 10:44 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Admiral Corinth watched as Zero shifted uncomfortably under the contact the same way she had done with him before looking to Gavin, considering the young man.

"No, Mr Van Gelder, she isn't ready to face the world on her own.  Her actions during the times she has been let out prove that.  As for you taking guardianship over her, you are not the kind of influence we want her to follow. In fact, I believe that you were one to take her out drinking recently."

"Seems to me like you're keeping pretty good tabs on her without my help," Gavin muttered, his expression dark and vicious. Sighing, he seemed to deflate. What else could he do, but argue himself purple and waste more breath? These men had long ago convinced themselves that they were working for a greater good. It was a delusion old as time itself, but it also helped keep those doing terrible things from being crushed by the full weight of their actions. "Can I at least say goodbye to her in private, then?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 11:54 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Seems to me like you're keeping pretty good tabs on her without my help," Gavin muttered, his expression dark and vicious.  Sighing, he seemed to deflate.  What else could he do, but argue himself purple and waste more breath?  These men had long ago convinced themselves that they were working for a greater good.  It was a delusion old as time itself, but it also helped keep those doing terrible things from being crushed by the full weight of their actions.  "Can I at least say goodbye to her in private, then?"

For a moment, Admiral Corinth observed Gavin as if weighing up how much damage he could do in a few minutes versus how much he could do in the long run. He nodded once.

"We'll be right outside," he replied before motioning to Doctor Vale and stepping outside the room, closing the door behind him.

Zero looked up at Gavin then, her eyes briefly darting to the closed door. "Thank you," she said. "for trying."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 1:12 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

For a moment, Admiral Corinth observed Gavin as if weighing up how much damage he could do in a few minutes versus how much he could do in the long run.  He nodded once.

"We'll be right outside," he replied before motioning to Doctor Vale and stepping outside the room, closing the door behind him.

Zero looked up at Gavin then, her eyes briefly darting to the closed door.  "Thank you," she said.  "for trying."

"Oh, I'm far from done," Gavin said, glaring after the Admiral and doctor as they left.  He turned back to Zero, wrapping her in a hug.  "This isn't right.  I don't care what they say.  These doctors have repeated their own lie so much that they believe it.  There's no helping them...but people need to know about this.  They need to know what the Federation's medical arm is doing, how someone can be marginalized, abused, and stolen from her family, even on the Federation's homeworld."  He stepped back, still holding her by the forearms.  They need to know, and I'm going to tell them, he thought.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 2:12 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Oh, I'm far from done," Gavin said, glaring after the Admiral and doctor as they left.  He turned back to Zero, wrapping her in a hug.  "This isn't right.  I don't care what they say.  These doctors have repeated their own lie so much that they believe it.  There's no helping them...but people need to know about this.  They need to know what the Federation's medical arm is doing, how someone can be marginalized, abused, and stolen from her family, even on the Federation's homeworld."  He stepped back, still holding her by the forearms.  They need to know, and I'm going to tell them, he thought.

The hug took Zero by surprise, being a gesture that she wasn't all that familiar with from anyone other than Jiseth, but she tolerated the contact, awkwardly patting her friend on the back. As they drew apart, she looked at her feet in their plimsoll-like shoes.

"I do not know what they would do, Gavin. I do not have a family from which to be taken, nor do I understand what you term as 'abused'. I have always been told that should the general public be made aware of my nature, I would no longer be safe outwith these walls."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 27, 2014 10:40 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
The hug took Zero by surprise, being a gesture that she wasn't all that familiar with from anyone other than Jiseth, but she tolerated the contact, awkwardly patting her friend on the back.  As they drew apart, she looked at her feet in their plimsoll-like shoes.

"I do not know what they would do, Gavin.  I do not have a family from which to be taken, nor do I understand what you term as 'abused'.  I have always been told that should the general public be made aware of my nature, I would no longer be safe outwith these walls."

"But..." Gavin said, his mouth working as he searched for words. Sometimes, Zero still surprised him. "You do have family! We share the same genetics, but...I'd like you to be a friend, too. You have known love. That's family. And that's what you're being taken away from."

He shook his head, shrugging. "Look, I don't know what the public would think. All the know of Augments are the negatives. But...it wasn't that long ago that all people knew of Klingons was that they were murderous savages. If we went by what we already know, we wouldn't get anywhere."

Sighing, Gavin turned for the door. He stopped, smiling at the Augment. "I'm gonna miss you, Zero. None of those other people can play a damn game of chess..."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 5:47 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"But..." Gavin said, his mouth working as he searched for words.  Sometimes, Zero still surprised him.  "You do have family!  We share the same genetics, but...I'd like you to be a friend, too.  You have known love.  That's family.  And that's what you're being taken away from."

He shook his head, shrugging.  "Look, I don't know what the public would think.  All the know of Augments are the negatives.  But...it wasn't that long ago that all people knew of Klingons was that they were murderous savages.  If we went by what we already know, we wouldn't get anywhere."

Sighing, Gavin turned for the door.  He stopped, smiling at the Augment.  "I'm gonna miss you, Zero.  None of those other people can play a damn game of chess..."

For a moment, Zero was confused by what Gavin was saying, but the more she thought about it, the less she understood. It was going to have to be one of those elements that she had to think about extensively on her own, preferably with the help of a library computer. She was sure that she understood the gist of it though.

She stepped towards him, hugging him tightly for a moment and then stepping back again. Her mind was racing, making connections and calculations.

"Gavin? If you offer your services... If you offer to act as they wish you to, they may release me."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 10:14 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

For a moment, Zero was confused by what Gavin was saying, but the more she thought about it, the less she understood.  It was going to have to be one of those elements that she had to think about extensively on her own, preferably with the help of a library computer.  She was sure that she understood the gist of it though.

She stepped towards him, hugging him tightly for a moment and then stepping back again.  Her mind was racing, making connections and calculations.  

"Gavin?  If you offer your services... If you offer to act as they wish you to, they may release me."

The hug was unexpected, yes, but pleasant. He knew how Zero didn't like people touching her...it bothered her about as much as people watching her dance. Gavin frowned as the Augment brought up...his services?

"Do you really think they'll fall for that, Zero? That I've had such a change of heart? I mean...Corinth was right about one thing - I pretty much torpedoed my career over this. At least...in the immediate sense." He shrugged, sighing. "I can try it, though."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:56 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

The hug was unexpected, yes, but pleasant.  He knew how Zero didn't like people touching her...it bothered her about as much as people watching her dance.  Gavin frowned as the Augment brought up...his services?

"Do you really think they'll fall for that, Zero?  That I've had such a change of heart?  I mean...Corinth was right about one thing - I pretty much torpedoed my career over this.  At least...in the immediate sense."  He shrugged, sighing.  "I can try it, though."

Zero thought for a moment about the appropriate gesture to make, and settled on raising one shoulder for a second or two and letting it fall back into place.

"You were their first choice in observer," she replied evenly. "You are capable of being close to my level of intellect and therefore have a better chance at predicting my movements and actions. They are aware of that. You also carry the burden that your family name entails. It would not be beyond belief that you would want some part in restoring honour to it."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 8:44 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero thought for a moment about the appropriate gesture to make, and settled on raising one shoulder for a second or two and letting it fall back into place.  

"You were their first choice in observer," she replied evenly.  "You are capable of being close to my level of intellect and therefore have a better chance at predicting my movements and actions.  They are aware of that.  You also carry the burden that your family name entails.  It would not be beyond belief that you would want some part in restoring honour to it."

"I'll try it, Zero." He smiled and gave a little laugh. "I mean, why wouldn't I? I'll try and do what it takes. You're family, after all...right?" Leaning in, he gave the Augment a quick peck on the cheek. "Good luck, Zero."

Leaving the room, Gavin saw that the Admiral and doctor were true to their words and were not far away at all. "Gentlemen," he said, approaching them. "I...can I talk to you a moment?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 12:04 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"I'll try it, Zero."  He smiled and gave a little laugh.  "I mean, why wouldn't I?  I'll try and do what it takes.  You're family, after all...right?"  Leaning in, he gave the Augment a quick peck on the cheek.  "Good luck, Zero."

Leaving the room, Gavin saw that the Admiral and doctor were true to their words and were not far away at all.  "Gentlemen," he said, approaching them.  "I...can I talk to you a moment?"

Zero frowned slightly at the brief contact that Gavin's lips made against her cheek, trying to understand what was quite frankly an unhygienic gesture. She knew that Jiseth had favoured such gestures and made a mental note to cross reference displays of affection in a romantic relationship against displays of affection in a familial relationship.

Admiral Corinth had been in a deep discussion with Doctor Zale, although it was abruptly cut off when Gavin stepped out of the room. The Admiral turned to the junior officer, nodding.

"Of course, son. What can I do for you?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:06 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero frowned slightly at the brief contact that Gavin's lips made against her cheek, trying to understand what was quite frankly an unhygienic gesture.  She knew that Jiseth had favoured such gestures and made a mental note to cross reference displays of affection in a romantic relationship against displays of affection in a familial relationship.

Admiral Corinth had been in a deep discussion with Doctor Zale, although it was abruptly cut off when Gavin stepped out of the room.  The Admiral turned to the junior officer, nodding.

"Of course, son.  What can I do for you?"

Well, Gavin thought, here goes nothing, I guess. He'd been in a few school productions as a child, and had even done Moliere at the Academy. He could do this.

"Admiral...look. I'll level with you," Gavin said, casting a concerned look at the now-closed door, and the one-way window. "I'm worried about Zero. I don't think her being here is going to do anyone any good, least of all her."

Sighing, he ran his fingers through his unruly auburn hair. "The thing is...I'm one of the few that can keep pace with her, mentally. And she trusts me. We're actually genetically related, but I'm sure you knew that already. So...I have a proposal for you. Send her back to the Phoenix after some time has passed. And I'll...I'll report back on her for you. I'll do it."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Well, Gavin thought, here goes nothing, I guess.  He'd been in a few school productions as a child, and had even done Moliere at the Academy.  He could do this.

"Admiral...look.  I'll level with you," Gavin said, casting a concerned look at the now-closed door, and the one-way window.  "I'm worried about Zero.  I don't think her being here is going to do anyone any good, least of all her."

Sighing, he ran his fingers through his unruly auburn hair.  "The thing is...I'm one of the few that can keep pace with her, mentally.  And she trusts me.  We're actually genetically related, but I'm sure you knew that already.  So...I have a proposal for you.  Send her back to the Phoenix after some time has passed.  And I'll...I'll report back on her for you.  I'll do it."

Doctor Zale scowled at Gavin as he spoke, but the Admiral had a look of faint suspicion. "A change of heart, hm?" he said. "While what you're saying is true, Mr Van Gelder, you have to admit that you did throw our last proposal back at us." He paused, tapping a finger on his chin as he observed the young officer. "Tell you what. Here's a little test that we can't quite figure out. Maybe you can help us. 1419 logs a lot of time in the holodeck when she's on assignment, but so far, we haven't been able to hack into the programs she's been using. Care to shed a little light on that?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Doctor Zale scowled at Gavin as he spoke, but the Admiral had a look of faint suspicion.  "A change of heart, hm?" he said.  "While what you're saying is true, Mr Van Gelder, you have to admit that you did throw our last proposal back at us."  He paused, tapping a finger on his chin as he observed the young officer.  "Tell you what.  Here's a little test that we can't quite figure out.  Maybe you can help us.  1419 logs a lot of time in the holodeck when she's on assignment, but so far, we haven't been able to hack into the programs she's been using.  Care to shed a little light on that?"

You merciless son of a bitch, Gavin thought, his expression blank as the bulkhead behind him. Can't you just let her have something? It sickened him to his stomach to have to tell these animals about Zero's dancing hobby. The dancing was so personal for her...and was one of her few outlets of expression.

Sighing a little, he tried to keep the bigger picture, the greater good, in mind. His reluctance to talk about it wasn't feigned at all. "Dancing," he quietly said, looking to the ground. "She dances. Ballet. It's her hobby." Shrugging, he stared blankly at Zale. "That's all I've ever known her to regularly do in a holodeck."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 4:39 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

You merciless son of a bitch, Gavin thought, his expression blank as the bulkhead behind him.  Can't you just let her have something?  It sickened him to his stomach to have to tell these animals about Zero's dancing hobby.  The dancing was so personal for her...and was one of her few outlets of expression.  

Sighing a little, he tried to keep the bigger picture, the greater good, in mind.  His reluctance to talk about it wasn't feigned at all.  "Dancing," he quietly said, looking to the ground.  "She dances.  Ballet.  It's her hobby."  Shrugging, he stared blankly at Zale.  "That's all I've ever known her to regularly do in a holodeck."

Admiral Corinth's face was blank for a moment as he observed the young ensign, judging whether or not he was telling the truth. The Augment was a dancer? And in ballet no less.

"Interesting," he replied. "We may have to ask her for a demonstration."

Doctor Zale looked distinctly unhappy about the revelation. He scribbled a few notes on his PADD, his mouth set in a hard line.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:08 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Admiral Corinth's face was blank for a moment as he observed the young ensign, judging whether or not he was telling the truth.  The Augment was a dancer?  And in ballet no less.  

"Interesting," he replied.  "We may have to ask her for a demonstration."

Doctor Zale looked distinctly unhappy about the revelation.  He scribbled a few notes on his PADD, his mouth set in a hard line.

Pushing away fantasies about bringing this entire building down behind him in a firebombing, Gavin glared at the doctor and Corinth.  "Yeah.  Just fascinating.  Sorry that I couldn't tell you that she was plotting the second Eugenics War or something."  He gave another sad glance at the door.  "Look, I want you to know that I still hate this.  Every second of it.  It's real sick what you're doing to this girl.  But...if it gets her out of here and gives her freedom, then I'll do it."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 1:48 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Pushing away fantasies about bringing this entire building down behind him in a firebombing, Gavin glared at the doctor and Corinth.  "Yeah.  Just fascinating.  Sorry that I couldn't tell you that she was plotting the second Eugenics War or something."  He gave another sad glance at the door.  "Look, I want you to know that I still hate this.  Every second of it.  It's real sick what you're doing to this girl.  But...if it gets her out of here and gives her freedom, then I'll do it."

Doctor Zale was about to speak out when Admiral Corinth raised a hand to silence him. He was still watching Gavin speculatively, as if trying to figure out the next few moves before they were made.

"We will expect regular reports. At least every three days unless you're out of communications range. And a full report, not just what you think we need to know."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 3:49 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Doctor Zale was about to speak out when Admiral Corinth raised a hand to silence him.  He was still watching Gavin speculatively, as if trying to figure out the next few moves before they were made.

"We will expect regular reports.  At least every three days unless you're out of communications range.  And a full report, not just what you think we need to know."

"Understood," Gavin said, feeling as if he'd had to swim to a shore through an oil slick. "Though, of course, we often go into frontier space. Communication may be patchy." At least, until Zero and I can decide what information we want you jackasses to get from us, he thought. "So I can expect her to be re-billeted to the Phoenix, then?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 3:58 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Understood," Gavin said, feeling as if he'd had to swim to a shore through an oil slick.  "Though, of course, we often go into frontier space.  Communication may be patchy."  At least, until Zero and I can decide what information we want you jackasses to get from us, he thought.  "So I can expect her to be re-billeted to the Phoenix, then?"

One corner of Admiral Corinth's mouth twisted up into a small but triumphant smirk as he gave a sharp nod. "You can expect her to be reposted to the Phoenix within the next few days," he replied. Doctor Zale continued to scowl at Gavin, but said nothing as he brushed past the young ensign and back into the Augment's room.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 5:14 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

One corner of Admiral Corinth's mouth twisted up into a small but triumphant smirk as he gave a sharp nod.  "You can expect her to be reposted to the Phoenix within the next few days," he replied.  Doctor Zale continued to scowl at Gavin, but said nothing as he brushed past the young ensign and back into the Augment's room.

Whatever, Gavin thought, scowling. He turned to go, but stopped. "I...I think you should wait a little longer than that." Gavin didn't want Zero to spend a second more in this god-forsaken place than she had to, but...the ruse would be more believable if it looked like he was trying to make it more believable, and... Ugh. Need a drink. "She won't buy that I had such a sudden change of heart. Make it look...like I had to mull it over." Feeling sick to his stomach, he turned to leave the area. And hopefully to find that drink.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]   A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Chance Encounter [Gavin/Zero]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2