Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] Empty
PostSubject: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:52 pm

- This is a 'what if' thread. What happens in here is not necessarily canon! -

[Starbase Athena - Bar]

Amongst the various patrons frequenting the bar during the Gamma shift, there was a distinct lack of people surrounding a pale young girl, no more than a teenager. That may have had something to do with the way she was sitting and glowering at a glass of clear liquid sitting on the bar in front of her.

Zero Alpha glared at the glass of water in front of her, almost as if she could scare it into raising its alcohol content. Unfortunately, the technique wasn't working. She hadn't expected it to, but she was almost desperate for a drink. With Starfleet Medical still watching her every move, her every breath, having a drink was just giving them an excuse to recall her.

So she sat in her isolation with her glass of water and wished that it was vodka.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:09 pm

"And how many have you slain single-handedly this week, sir?" The Bolian's dry sense of humor was something that Raynor always found amusing. This time was no different. "At least ten, Kol," the Klingon answered, rolling his eyes and shaking his head. Raynor picked up the carafe of firewine after the Bolian had subtracted his FedCredit amount. "Go on and quit your day job," the laughed. "You could be a comedian."

Raynor enjoyed busting chops with the Bolian. It was one of the things he looked forward to on the station, after his work was done. Not that most of these Starfleeters knew how to drink worth a damn, but...at least the firewine was real.

Beta Shift had just come to an end, so the bars and Promenade area were rather full. Raynor scanned the area, looking for a familiar face. He saw plenty, but not many that he wished to spend any time with. His vision passed over a shock of white hair, causing him to do a double-take. Was that...?

It was. Zero Alpha, the strange little doctor that was Jiseth's lover. Grinning, Raynor took a swig of his wine, walking up to her table. "Evening, doctor," the Klingon said, nodding in greeting. "Sitting alone tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:14 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

It was.  Zero Alpha, the strange little doctor that was Jiseth's lover.  Grinning, Raynor took a swig of his wine, walking up to her table.  "Evening, doctor," the Klingon said, nodding in greeting.  "Sitting alone tonight?"

With everyone giving her table such a wide berth, Zero hadn't been expecting the deep voice that suddenly intruded on her thoughts, disrupting an equation that she had been solving inside the confines of her head. Looking up to find the source, she blinked. Klingon, no, half Klingon. Wearing KDF uniform. There was only one such person that she was aware of being on the station.

Lieutenant Raynor Hughes.

"Jiseth has returned to the Romulan Empire to be with her family. Gavin is on duty. Therefore, I am alone," she stated.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:27 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

With everyone giving her table such a wide berth, Zero hadn't been expecting the deep voice that suddenly intruded on her thoughts, disrupting an equation that she had been solving inside the confines of her head.  Looking up to find the source, she blinked.  Klingon, no, half Klingon.  Wearing KDF uniform.  There was only one such person that she was aware of being on the station.

Lieutenant Raynor Hughes.  

"Jiseth has returned to the Romulan Empire to be with her family.  Gavin is on duty.  Therefore, I am alone," she stated.  

"Hnh. Well." Raynor shrugged, setting his firewine down and taking a chair, straddling it backward. "Hope you don't mind if I sit down, then. I don't see anyone else that I give too much of a damn about." He wondered who 'Gavin' was, but figured that it wasn't important. It was a little shocking to hear that Jiseth had removed herself from Fleet service, but on second thought, he supposed that he shouldn't be too surprised. From their brief time together, he knew how much she valued her family. He'd even met that family, once...the human part. On one very, very strange trip to Tokyo. "It's good to see you back in the service. Staying on the station, or back to the Phoenix?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:15 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Hnh.  Well."  Raynor shrugged, setting his firewine down and taking a chair, straddling it backward.  "Hope you don't mind if I sit down, then.  I don't see anyone else that I give too much of a damn about."  He wondered who 'Gavin' was, but figured that it wasn't important.  It was a little shocking to hear that Jiseth had removed herself from Fleet service, but on second thought, he supposed that he shouldn't be too surprised.  From their brief time together, he knew how much she valued her family.  He'd even met that family, once...the human part.  On one very, very strange trip to Tokyo.  "It's good to see you back in the service.  Staying on the station, or back to the Phoenix?"

Zero raised one pale eyebrow as the Klingon sat down, noting his somewhat unorthodox methods of doing so. She didn't comment on the fact that she hadn't actually given him permission to sit down. Klingons, from what she knew of the species, were not particularly big on manners. While considered to be intelligent life forms, the Augment had often considered them to be at the lower end of the intelligence scale.

"I have been assigned to the Phoenix, although she is currently on patrol and therefore I must await her return before assuming my post," she replied. Why her assignment would bother Raynor, she didn't know. She was aware that Jiseth had fostered a friendship with him, but she couldn't for the life of her see why.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:31 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Zero raised one pale eyebrow as the Klingon sat down, noting his somewhat unorthodox methods of doing so.  She didn't comment on the fact that she hadn't actually given him permission to sit down.  Klingons, from what she knew of the species, were not particularly big on manners.  While considered to be intelligent life forms, the Augment had often considered them to be at the lower end of the intelligence scale.

"I have been assigned to the Phoenix, although she is currently on patrol and therefore I must await her return before assuming my post," she replied.  Why her assignment would bother Raynor, she didn't know.  She was aware that Jiseth had fostered a friendship with him, but she couldn't for the life of her see why.

Nodding, Raynor took another drink of his firewine. He realized that he was being a bit brash with Alpha, but he also knew how very little the pale girl cared for propriety and societal mores. She would make a fairly decent Klingon, in some ways.

"That's too bad," the Klingon shrugged. "We could use you around here. Things have been fairly routine, and I've noticed how you tend to drag chaos right along behind you." Raynor grinned, glancing at her drink. "Water, tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Nodding, Raynor took another drink of his firewine.  He realized that he was being a bit brash with Alpha, but he also knew how very little the pale girl cared for propriety and societal mores.  She would make a fairly decent Klingon, in some ways.

"That's too bad," the Klingon shrugged.  "We could use you around here.  Things have been fairly routine, and I've noticed how you tend to drag chaos right along behind you."  Raynor grinned, glancing at her drink.  "Water, tonight?"

It took a moment for Zero to understand what the Klingon had meant by her dragging chaos around with her and wasn't sure that she liked the implications of it. Human verbal communications are so complex... she mused to herself.

Choosing to ignore the comment about chaos in case she hadn't interpreted it correctly, she looked down at the glass of water sitting in front of her and the metal mug of firewine in front of Raynor. "Affirmative. I have been warned that the consumption of alcohol will not be seen favourably by my guardians."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:50 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

It took a moment for Zero to understand what the Klingon had meant by her dragging chaos around with her and wasn't sure that she liked the implications of it.  Human verbal communications are so complex... she mused to herself.

Choosing to ignore the comment about chaos in case she hadn't interpreted it correctly, she looked down at the glass of water sitting in front of her and the metal mug of firewine in front of Raynor.  "Affirmative.  I have been warned that the consumption of alcohol will not be seen favourably by my guardians."

"Guardians?" Raynor scanned the perimeter again, trying to see if there were any guards. He didn't see any, in particular. Perhaps they were undercover. "Not be seen favorably, hm? Do you have any reason for the prohibition of ethyl alcohol consumption that would be a concern for your health?" He looked down at his carafe of wine, and over at her water. "Or...are you just not allowed?"
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 7:56 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"Guardians?"  Raynor scanned the perimeter again, trying to see if there were any guards.  He didn't see any, in particular.  Perhaps they were undercover.  "Not be seen favorably, hm?  Do you have any reason for the prohibition of ethyl alcohol consumption that would be a concern for your health?"  He looked down at his carafe of wine, and over at her water.  "Or...are you just not allowed?"

While there didn't seem to be any of her guardians around and Gavin was away, Zero knew that, even when she thought it was safe, word would get back to Starfleet Medical and Admiral Corinth somehow, and then there would be questions. A lot of questions. And probably significant time spent in the box.

"I am not allowed," she grumbled, returning to trying to intimidate her glass of water. She was in need of something far stronger than water, but daren't. She pondered a question for a moment before putting it to the Klingon. "How does it feel? To operate without fear of repercussion?"
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

While there didn't seem to be any of her guardians around and Gavin was away, Zero knew that, even when she thought it was safe, word would get back to Starfleet Medical and Admiral Corinth somehow, and then there would be questions.  A lot of questions.  And probably significant time spent in the box.

"I am not allowed," she grumbled, returning to trying to intimidate her glass of water.  She was in need of something far stronger than water, but daren't.  She pondered a question for a moment before putting it to the Klingon.  "How does it feel?  To operate without fear of repercussion?"

Raynor felt his hackles rise as the young girl explained how she was not allowed to drink.  As a rule, Klingons did not like being told what to do, and Raynor sure as hell didn't like to hear about other people being restricted.  

Zero's next question caught him a bit off guard.  How did it feel?  "I will not lie," he shrugged, standing up and turning the chair around, leaning back in it in a relaxed manner.  "I grew up around humans, for the most part.  As long as I can remember, I've been bigger, stronger, and more...animalistic...than everyone else.  Whatever the truth may be, I do have a reputation.  I've seen people move to get out of my way.  How does that feel?"  Raynor shrugged again, grinning a wickedly wolfish grin.  "It feels phenomenal," he said, leaning forward like a prowling ridgecat.

"My status as Exchange Officer allows me great leeway in...interpretation of rules, and flat-out ignoring some, as well.  Like proscriptions against drinking, when you're an adult."  Raynor held up his firewine.  "If you'd like some, I will get you one.  Starfleet won't hear a damn word of it from me."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:25 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

Raynor felt his hackles rise as the young girl explained how she was not allowed to drink.  As a rule, Klingons did not like being told what to do, and Raynor sure as hell didn't like to hear about other people being restricted.  

Zero's next question caught him a bit off guard.  How did it feel?  "I will not lie," he shrugged, standing up and turning the chair around, leaning back in it in a relaxed manner.  "I grew up around humans, for the most part.  As long as I can remember, I've been bigger, stronger, and more...animalistic...than everyone else.  Whatever the truth may be, I do have a reputation.  I've seen people move to get out of my way.  How does that feel?"  Raynor shrugged again, grinning a wickedly wolfish grin.  "It feels phenomenal," he said, leaning forward like a prowling ridgecat.

"My status as Exchange Officer allows me great leeway in...interpretation of rules, and flat-out ignoring some, as well.  Like proscriptions against drinking, when you're an adult."  Raynor held up his firewine.  "If you'd like some, I will get you one.  Starfleet won't hear a damn word of it from me."

Zero mulled over what the Klingon had said about being different. She was also different to the other humans she encountered, but not in the same way he was. People stared at her openly. Some commented on her appearance to their companions when they thought they were out of her earshot. Some gave her looks that she was distinctly uncomfortable with. To be feared as the Klingon was? There was some element of attraction there, she couldn't deny that.

As he offered to get her a drink, there was a battle of emotion being waged in the Augment's mind. She longed for a drink, for the easy-going state that drunkenness gave her, where she just didn't care any more. On the other hand, even if he said that he wouldn't tell any one in Starfleet, she knew that it would get back to Corinth somehow.

On the other hand, she was sitting with a Klingon exchange officer. Drinking was expected, wasn't it? It was almost polite to share a drink when interacting with a Klingon. It was cultural.

Resolved on that action, she offered Raynor a small smile. "That would be very agreeable."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero mulled over what the Klingon had said about being different.  She was also different to the other humans she encountered, but not in the same way he was.  People stared at her openly.  Some commented on her appearance to their companions when they thought they were out of her earshot.  Some gave her looks that she was distinctly uncomfortable with.  To be feared as the Klingon was?  There was some element of attraction there, she couldn't deny that.

As he offered to get her a drink, there was a battle of emotion being waged in the Augment's mind.  She longed for a drink, for the easy-going state that drunkenness gave her, where she just didn't care any more.  On the other hand, even if he said that he wouldn't tell any one in Starfleet, she knew that it would get back to Corinth somehow.

On the other hand, she was sitting with a Klingon exchange officer.  Drinking was expected, wasn't it?  It was almost polite to share a drink when interacting with a Klingon.  It was cultural.

Resolved on that action, she offered Raynor a small smile.  "That would be very agreeable."

"I agree," Raynor said, returning the smile. He excused himself, going back to the bar and ordering two more carafes of firewine from the barkeep. The Bolian didn't seem enthused about being involved in getting Zero drunk, but he ultimately decided to stay on the Klingon's good side.

Raynor returned to the table, setting the wine down next to Zero's water, and re-taking his seat. "There we go. Much better. Someone like you shouldn't have to drink all alone...be it water, or firewine. Be careful, girl. This is a Klingon drink. You may want to be careful on your first few sips."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:15 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:

"I agree," Raynor said, returning the smile.  He excused himself, going back to the bar and ordering two more carafes of firewine from the barkeep.  The Bolian didn't seem enthused about being involved in getting Zero drunk, but he ultimately decided to stay on the Klingon's good side.

Raynor returned to the table, setting the wine down next to Zero's water, and re-taking his seat.  "There we go.  Much better.  Someone like you shouldn't have to drink all alone...be it water, or firewine.  Be careful, girl.  This is a Klingon drink.  You may want to be careful on your first few sips."

Giving Raynor a look that could adequately be summed up by the words 'yeah, right', Zero picked up the carafe. She had never had firewine before, but she was well versed in all kinds of alcohol, the stronger the better.

She downed a third of the liquid in one go, coughing once as she set the metal cup back down on the table, but she rapidly regained her composure. Ah... the sweet burn of alcohol... She had missed it. Attempting to get as rat-arsed as possible had once been a favourite pass-time of hers. Unfortunately, she had yet to reach that truly debilitating level of drunkenness that humans seemed to find so easily.

While it usually took a good number of drinks to set Zero down the track of being drunk, the firewine was rapidly creating a sensation of fluffiness in her mind. It was a pleasant feeling, but no where near the level of nit caring about the world that she wanted to achieve.
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:58 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:
Giving Raynor a look that could adequately be summed up by the words 'yeah, right', Zero picked up the carafe.  She had never had firewine before, but she was well versed in all kinds of alcohol, the stronger the better.  

She downed a third of the liquid in one go, coughing once as she set the metal cup back down on the table, but she rapidly regained her composure.  Ah... the sweet burn of alcohol...  She had missed it.  Attempting to get as rat-arsed as possible had once been a favourite pass-time of hers.  Unfortunately, she had yet to reach that truly debilitating level of drunkenness that humans seemed to find so easily.  

While it usually took a good number of drinks to set Zero down the track of being drunk, the firewine was rapidly creating a sensation of fluffiness in her mind.  It was a pleasant feeling, but no where near the level of nit caring about the world that she wanted to achieve.

Raynor caught the look Zero gave him, making him grin a little. Fine then, girl, he thought. See for yourself. It readily became apparent, though, that he needn't have worried - the little slip of a girl seemed to be handling the firewine just fine. Her pale cheeks seemed to be flushing a little, though. Still...

"You drink like a warrior," he said, gesturing with his own wine like a small salute. "Qapla'." Raynor took another long pull, feeling the warming effect finally start to take hold. It would take much, much more of this to get him really drunk, but he didn't plan on making a scene right here in public. "Though you may wish to slow down. Just because I can carry you over my shoulder...doesn't mean I want to."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 7:48 am

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Raynor caught the look Zero gave him, making him grin a little.  Fine then, girl, he thought.  See for yourself.  It readily became apparent, though, that he needn't have worried - the little slip of a girl seemed to be handling the firewine just fine.  Her pale cheeks seemed to be flushing a little, though.  Still...

"You drink like a warrior," he said, gesturing with his own wine like a small salute.  "Qapla'."  Raynor took another long pull, feeling the warming effect finally start to take hold.  It would take much, much more of this to get him really drunk, but he didn't plan on making a scene right here in public.  "Though you may wish to slow down.  Just because I can carry you over my shoulder...doesn't mean I want to."

Zero lifted and dropped one shoulder in a half-hearted shrug at Raynor's warning, picking up the carafe and taking another large mouthful, trying to hang on to the beginnings of getting drunk before her augmented systems could process the alcohol.  It seemed to be taking longer than normal to be doing that, which was something of a relief.

"I drink like someone who cannot get drunk," she muttered, more to herself than to Raynor before raising her voice to a normal level.  "I would take offense to you carrying me."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:10 am

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero lifted and dropped one shoulder in a half-hearted shrug at Raynor's warning, picking up the carafe and taking another large mouthful, trying to hang on to the beginnings of getting drunk before her augmented systems could process the alcohol.  It seemed to be taking longer than normal to be doing that, which was something of a relief.

"I drink like someone who cannot get drunk," she muttered, more to herself than to Raynor before raising her voice to a normal level.  "I would take offense to you carrying me."

Cannot get drunk, indeed, Raynor thought, raising an upswept eyebrow at the girl's seemingly voracious appetite for the drink. He was wondering if, perhaps, it had been a mistake to bring her something as strong as Klingon firewine. Then again, she was an officer and an adult, and could make her own decisions. If those decisions harmed her, she had nobody to blame but herself.

"Then I shall endeavour not to have to carry you out," Raynor grinned, taking another drink. "You look as if you can handle yourself. Barring that, I'll just have to knock you out, first."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 3:37 pm

Raynor Hughes wrote:
Cannot get drunk, indeed, Raynor thought, raising an upswept eyebrow at the girl's seemingly voracious appetite for the drink. He was wondering if, perhaps, it had been a mistake to bring her something as strong as Klingon firewine. Then again, she was an officer and an adult, and could make her own decisions. If those decisions harmed her, she had nobody to blame but herself.

"Then I shall endeavour not to have to carry you out," Raynor grinned, taking another drink. "You look as if you can handle yourself. Barring that, I'll just have to knock you out, first."

The display of bravado from the Klingon was not something Zero was unfamiliar with.  She had noticed that males of many species often used such displays, especially in courting rituals when they were attempting to gain the favour of their preferred mates.  There had been cadets at the Academy who had tried such tactics on her, but they had not succeeded.

She took another swig of firewine, the sharp heat of it at the back of her throat pleasing her.  "My system is capable of tolerating large amounts of alcohol.  Your assistance will not be needed."  She paused for a moment, frowning as she tried to remember the social niceties.  "Thank you for the offer."
Back to top Go down
Raynor Hughes

Raynor Hughes

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:14 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

The display of bravado from the Klingon was not something Zero was unfamiliar with.  She had noticed that males of many species often used such displays, especially in courting rituals when they were attempting to gain the favour of their preferred mates.  There had been cadets at the Academy who had tried such tactics on her, but they had not succeeded.

She took another swig of firewine, the sharp heat of it at the back of her throat pleasing her.  "My system is capable of tolerating large amounts of alcohol.  Your assistance will not be needed."  She paused for a moment, frowning as she tried to remember the social niceties.  "Thank you for the offer."

"Hah!" Raynor laughed, slapping the table top. "Thanking me for threatening to knock you out? Damn, girl," he grinned, shaking his head. "You might be part Klingon, after all."

One thing was for certain, though - she wasn't exaggerating about being able to handle large amounts of drink. Most humans would be doddering fools after having consumed as much as she already had. It was respectable. And apparently, quite attention-getting. "I would seem..." he said, taking another swig, "that we're drawing quite the crowd." More than a few curious eyes were peeking their way.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:27 pm

Zero had to stop and think for a moment as to whether or not Doctor Kimcaede had included any Klingon genes in her genetic make up. She knew that she had various genes from various races, but Klingons? It was possible. She was sure that he had attempted to instil some form of the Klingon's redundant organs into his 'perfect humans'.

Thankfully, before she could bring it up, Raynor had changed subject to the fact that they were drawing a crowd of curious people who were probably wondering how this slip of a girl could be drinking with a Klingon and not yet be flat out drunk. She cursed under her breath. There was no way she'd be able to keep the fact that she had been drinking secret from Starfleet Medical now. She'd be lucky if she didn't wake up in the morning to a subspace message from them.

"I am used to it," she remarked, dismissing the crowd off-hand. When you looked as strange as Zero did, being stared at was just part of daily life. "If it bothers you, might I suggest that we move to a more secluded location?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]   [AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[AU] Unexpected Mates [Zero/Raynor]
Page 1 of 1