Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) Empty
PostSubject: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 10:08 pm

[Starfleet Academy - San Francisco]

I can't believe I'm doing this.

It was far from the first time the thought had run through Gavin's mind as he made the long walk through the dormitory halls. He nodded to a few classmates, smiling an easy smile to cover up the well of nervousness that seemed to want to spout out of him like a fountain. I can't believe I'm doing this. I can't believe I'm doing this. I can't --

"I can't believe I'm doing this," he said, stopping in front of Leela's door. He'd known the girl since the beginning of the semester, since he'd been assigned as her xenobio tutor. Not that he was any older or anything, but he was quite a bit ahead of the other first-years. Gavin had been half-afraid that they were grooming him for a teaching position, some day. He'd rather walk to the moon. It was going to be a starship's medical posting, or nothing.

He suddenly realized that he was literally just standing in front of Leela's door. He'd been a little surprised when the Trill had accepted his offer to go 'for coffee or something'...but if he didn't push the damn chime, nothing in the world was going to happen. So he pressed it.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 6:38 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

I can't believe I'm doing this.

It was far from the first time the thought had run through Gavin's mind as he made the long walk through the dormitory halls.  He nodded to a few classmates, smiling an easy smile to cover up the well of nervousness that seemed to want to spout out of him like a fountain.  I can't believe I'm doing this.  I can't believe I'm doing this.  I can't --

"I can't believe I'm doing this," he said, stopping in front of Leela's door.  He'd known the girl since the beginning of the semester, since he'd been assigned as her xenobio tutor.  Not that he was any older or anything, but he was quite a bit ahead of the other first-years.  Gavin had been half-afraid that they were grooming him for a teaching position, some day.  He'd rather walk to the moon.  It was going to be a starship's medical posting, or nothing.

He suddenly realized that he was literally just standing in front of Leela's door.  He'd been a little surprised when the Trill had accepted his offer to go 'for coffee or something'...but if he didn't push the damn chime, nothing in the world was going to happen.  So he pressed it.

Leela stood in the mirror putting the final touches on her hair. You're 419 years old Leela, come on, why are you going out with this guy. Leela thought to herself as she made the last slight twirl to her bangs. I mean he's nice and all and, to be honest, you would of probably barely squeaked a D in Xenonbio without him. Leela smiled as she left the sink and made her way to the living area to put on the sweater that she left draped over the back of a chair. It was a cool evening in early spring. Leela was genuinely concerned that she was leading this poor guy on. There they were finishing tutoring for the semester and out of her mouth pops 'let's grab coffee or something.' Leela was hopeful that it would turn out better than expected. "At least it should be fun." Leela commented aloud to herself. Gav always seemed to be able to make her laugh and she definitely appreciated that.

Leela heard a chime at the door. "Come on in Gav." She said towards the door. The door to her apartment the swooshed open to reveal her 'date' standing there in all of his boyish charm.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:08 am

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela stood in the mirror putting the final touches on her hair. You're 419 years old Leela, come on, why are you going out with this guy. Leela thought to herself as she made the last slight twirl to her bangs. I mean he's nice and all and, to be honest, you would of probably barely squeaked a D in Xenonbio without him. Leela smiled as she left the sink and made her way to the living area to put on the sweater that she left draped over the back of a chair. It was a cool evening in early spring. Leela was genuinely concerned that she was leading this poor guy on. There they were finishing tutoring for the semester and out of her mouth pops 'let's grab coffee or something.' Leela was hopeful that it would turn out better than expected. "At least it should be fun." Leela commented aloud to herself. Gav always seemed to be able to make her laugh and she definitely appreciated that.

Leela heard a chime at the door. "Come on in Gav." She said towards the door. The door to her apartment the swooshed open to reveal her 'date' standing there in all of his boyish charm.

Gavin jumped a little bit when the door slid open, his cheeks immediately flushing crimson. Well, he thought, what did you expect to happen when someone opened a door? Get with it! With it, indeed. Clearing his throat, Gavin stepped into Leela's room.

"Hey, Leela. Good evening. Nice room," he said, giving a glance to the SFA dorm room that, aside from her own personal effects, looked pretty much like every other one on campus. "Is your roomie out for the night?" He didn't see anyone else around, at least. "You...you look nice...did you do your hair a little different?" Gavin knew he was rambling. There wasn't much he could do to stop the Ramble Train once it'd left the station.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 9:07 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin jumped a little bit when the door slid open, his cheeks immediately flushing crimson.  Well, he thought, what did you expect to happen when someone opened a door?  Get with it!  With it, indeed.  Clearing his throat, Gavin stepped into Leela's room.  

"Hey, Leela.  Good evening.  Nice room," he said, giving a glance to the SFA dorm room that, aside from her own personal effects, looked pretty much like every other one on campus.  "Is your roomie out for the night?"  He didn't see anyone else around, at least.  "You...you look nice...did you do your hair a little different?"  Gavin knew he was rambling.  There wasn't much he could do to stop the Ramble Train once it'd left the station.

[Starfleet Academy]

Leela smiled as Gavin entered her apartment. "Gav! Hello!" Leela greeted Gavin. "Yep, she is on assignment. Some kind of training mission on Mars." Leela acknowledged. Leela looked to Gavin with a slight smile. She was purposefully ignoring Gavin's idiosyncrasies. Leela had noticed his tenancy to ramble; especially when he was nervous; and apparently this date made him jumpy. "Thanks, I tried to do something with my hair. I usually don't put this much effort into. You look nice too Gav. What did you have in mind for tonight?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 8:58 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela smiled as Gavin entered her apartment. "Gav! Hello!" Leela greeted Gavin. "Yep, she is on assignment. Some kind of training mission on Mars." Leela acknowledged. Leela looked to Gavin with a slight smile. She was purposefully ignoring Gavin's idiosyncrasies. Leela had noticed his tenancy to ramble; especially when he was nervous; and apparently this date made him jumpy. "Thanks, I tried to do something with my hair. I usually don't put this much effort into. You look nice too Gav. What did you have in mind for tonight?"

"I look nice? Oh. Well," Gavin grinned, running a hand through his thick auburn hair. "Thanks?" He wasn't quite sure what he'd done to look any different than any other day. His hair was the usual mop that it almost always was. She's just being nice, you dolt, he realized. Well, what does 'nice' mean? Nice-nice? Or just nice?

Reining his brain back in, Gavin returned to the present. She put effort into her hair for me? Dammit! Pay attention! "Well. I figured we could go out into the city, maybe? A coffee...or a Cardassian Sunrise. There's a great little place where we can get a drink and then try to walk Lombard Street..."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 9:09 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"I look nice?  Oh.  Well," Gavin grinned, running a hand through his thick auburn hair.  "Thanks?"  He wasn't quite sure what he'd done to look any different than any other day.  His hair was the usual mop that it almost always was.  She's just being nice, you dolt, he realized.  Well, what does 'nice' mean?  Nice-nice?  Or just nice?

Reining his brain back in, Gavin returned to the present.  She put effort into her hair for me?  Dammit!  Pay attention! "Well.  I figured we could go out into the city, maybe?  A coffee...or a Cardassian Sunrise.  There's a great little place where we can get a drink and then try to walk Lombard Street..."

Leela placed her sweater on over her dress. Her dress was royal blue and mad sits way down to her knee. A small slit revealed the spots on her upper thigh. The headed to the door. "Sounds like fun Gav. I could use a drink." Leela brushed her hand across his shoulder signaling the direction to the door. "It's a beautiful night. Would you mind if we walked?" Leela asked. She was looking forward to the evening. All of the studying and work. This is just what I need.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 10:05 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela placed her sweater on over her dress. Her dress was royal blue and mad sits way down to her knee. A small slit revealed the spots on her upper thigh. The headed to the door. "Sounds like fun Gav. I could use a drink." Leela brushed her hand across his shoulder signaling the direction to the door. "It's a beautiful night. Would you mind if we walked?" Leela asked. She was looking forward to the evening. All of the studying and work. This is just what I need.

As the pair walked out onto the campus grounds and toward the heart of the city, Gavin couldn't help but notice how Leela pulled a sweater over her dress. He also couldn't help but notice how the dress was cut to show off just the right amount of spots. A few peeks, but nothing more. Wouldn't do for her to think he was an utter pig, or something.

Still, too damn bad about the sweater. It was only springtime, though.

The streets were quite busy at this time, and especially this time of year. Finals would be fast approaching next month, and it seemed like everyone wanted to get a few more nights of fun and freedom in before settling into the final grind. He guessed they were no different. After a few minutes, Gavin realized they were walking in silence. Say something, dummy!

"So. Um. Your xenobio? How's it going?" He winced as soon as the words came out of his mouth. That's what you want to talk about? Homework? Hopeless, Van Gelder. Utterly hopeless.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 22, 2015 11:29 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

As the pair walked out onto the campus grounds and toward the heart of the city, Gavin couldn't help but notice how Leela pulled a sweater over her dress.  He also couldn't help but notice how the dress was cut to show off just the right amount of spots.  A few peeks, but nothing more.  Wouldn't do for her to think he was an utter pig, or something.

Still, too damn bad about the sweater.  It was only springtime, though.  

The streets were quite busy at this time, and especially this time of year.  Finals would be fast approaching next month, and it seemed like everyone wanted to get a few more  nights of fun and freedom in before settling into the final grind.  He guessed they were no different.  After a few minutes, Gavin realized they were walking in silence.  Say something, dummy!

"So.  Um.  Your xenobio?  How's it going?"  He winced as soon as the words came out of his mouth.  That's what you want to talk about?  Homework?  Hopeless, Van Gelder.  Utterly hopeless.

As Leela walked the bustling city sidewalks with Gavin she couldn't help but to notice the moon. The night was so clear that you could make out the lunar city if you squinted. As Gavin brought up homework Leela's heart sank a little. Xeno Bio, really? Leela thought. "It went fine, thanks to your help, I was able to squeak out a B. I think its time I stick to warp nacelles and plasma relays." Leela laughed as she moved slightly closer to Gavin as they walked toward the city. Leela could tell that Gavin was slightly intimidated by this date and truth be told Leela almost enjoyed the experience. However, at the same time, she felt his pain. After all, she had been a man 4 times. She always found it comical the way men seem to forget how to speak the moment it becomes a date.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 8:14 am

Leela Kaz wrote:

As Leela walked the bustling city sidewalks with Gavin she couldn't help but to notice the moon. The night was so clear that you could make out the lunar city if you squinted. As Gavin brought up homework Leela's heart sank a little. Xeno Bio, really? Leela thought. "It went fine, thanks to your help, I was able to squeak out a B. I think its time I stick to warp nacelles and plasma relays." Leela laughed as she moved slightly closer to Gavin as they walked toward the city. Leela could tell that Gavin was slightly intimidated by this date and truth be told Leela almost enjoyed the experience. However, at the same time, she felt his pain. After all, she had been a man 4 times. She always found it comical the way men seem to forget how to speak the moment it becomes a date.

"That's good," Gavin said, smiling happily. They'd first met when he had been assigned as her Xenobiology tutor at the beginning of the semester. Even though he was still an underclassman as well, he was leaps and bounds beyond any of the entry-level students, so the faculty had decided to put him to good use. It still scared him a little, though...it felt too much like his father was trying to edge him into an Earth-bound teaching career.

He followed her line of sight up to the moon, flashing her a quick and playful wink. "Ever been up to Luna Colony? I've never seen the kind of street fairs like they put on up there." Gavin's cheeks flushed crimson again. "Uh. What am I saying? Of course you've probably been. I imagine that one of you has, huh?"

Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 5:52 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"That's good," Gavin said, smiling happily.  They'd first met when he had been assigned as her Xenobiology tutor at the beginning of the semester.  Even though he was still an underclassman as well, he was leaps and bounds beyond any of the entry-level students, so the faculty had decided to put him to good use.  It still scared him a little, though...it felt too much like his father was trying to edge him into an Earth-bound teaching career.

He followed her line of sight up to the moon, flashing her a quick and playful wink.  "Ever been up to Luna Colony?  I've never seen the kind of street fairs like they put on up there."  Gavin's cheeks flushed crimson again.  "Uh.  What am I saying?  Of course you've probably been.  I imagine that one of you has, huh?"

Leela smiled as Gavin made the comment about her past hosts. "Yeah, Preta was stationed on Jupiter station. She was my 6th host. She took a few trips to the colony." Leela smiled as she thought of Preta. Preta's memories weighed heavily on Leela's mind as she took this adventurous jump into engineering at the academy. As her mind wandered she looked to Gavin. "Preta was a starship designer on Jupiter station. Nebula class starships were her brainchild. She was in the planning process when she passed."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 10:45 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela smiled as Gavin made the comment about her past hosts. "Yeah, Preta was stationed on Jupiter station. She was my 6th host. She took a few trips to the colony." Leela smiled as she thought of Preta. Preta's memories weighed heavily on Leela's mind as she took this adventurous jump into engineering at the academy. As her mind wandered she looked to Gavin. "Preta was a starship designer on Jupiter station. Nebula class starships were her brainchild. She was in the planning process when she passed."

"Nebula? No way! That sounds incredible," Gavin said, with no small amount of boyish exuberance. "I hope to get posted to a research vessel when I graduate...but, with all the craziness going on, it's hard to tell what kind of assignment we'll get." Hundreds of silvery transports buzzed overhead, their bright lights trailing behind them in a seemingly-endless caravan. "Though...I dunno, a medical posting will mean...yeah. It's a dangerous time, out there." Gavin leaned a little bit closer to Leela as they walked along, not exactly making it obvious what he was doing, but hoping that it wasn't blatant. He supposed that he'd receive a slap to the face, or something, if he popped into her space too closely.

The streets of San Francisco soon gave way to the Old Wharf area. There were several street gatherings going on already, with bright, colorful lights strung all across the roadways. "Pretty cool little place up here," Gavin said, nodding toward a cozy-looking building with a large deck area overlooking the ocean. A sign above the door had the words written in large - 'Strange New Worlds'.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2015 11:19 pm

A crisp chill hit Leela as she pulled her sweater a little closer to her body and edged closer to Gavin. At this point she was walking nearly shoulder to shoulder with him. Leela couldn't help but to think of him as a kid. Sometimes she had to remind herself that physically she was only 24. She had only been joined for a year but it seemed that no amount of training or preparation could truly have prepared her for the hurdles of being joined. This date, Leela couldn't help it. It all felt so juvenile to her. Ever since joining dating seemed to have flown out an airlock. This wad her first date in two years. She barely knew who when was how was she supposed to know what she wanted from a partner. She knew it would take time to dig her personality through so many voices and memories floating in her mind.

Leela smiled at Gavin's enthusiasm as they approached the building. "I always have enjoyed the enjoyment you get from the little things Gav." She said and it was the truth. She heard the bustles of conversations as they approached the door. I could really go for some Vulcan Brandy. Maybe it will ease my nerves. Leela thought. She noticed the sign upon their approach.'Strange New Worlds' definitely not Trill. She thought. She chuckled under her breathe at her own joke.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 10:07 am

Leela Kaz wrote:
A crisp chill hit Leela as she pulled her sweater a little closer to her body and edged closer to Gavin. At this point she was walking nearly shoulder to shoulder with him. Leela couldn't help but to think of him as a kid. Sometimes she had to remind herself that physically she was only 24. She had only been joined for a year but it seemed that no amount of training or preparation could truly have prepared her for the hurdles of being joined. This date, Leela couldn't help it. It all felt so juvenile to her. Ever since joining dating seemed to have flown out an airlock. This wad her first date in two years. She barely knew who when was how was she supposed to know what she wanted from a partner. She knew it would take time to dig her personality through so many voices and memories floating in her mind.

Leela smiled at Gavin's enthusiasm as they approached the building. "I always have enjoyed the enjoyment you get from the little things Gav." She said and it was the truth. She heard the bustles of conversations as they approached the door. I could really go for some Vulcan Brandy. Maybe it will ease my nerves. Leela thought. She noticed the sign upon their approach.'Strange New Worlds' definitely not Trill. She thought. She chuckled under her breathe at her own joke.

Leela moved a little closer to him, and suddenly Gavin was very glad for the late-Spring nip that the air seemed to have. And thank you to the weather grid programmers, for leaving that little natural touch to it, he thought, stepping in front of the bar door's motion sensor as it slid open. "Ladies first, of course," he grinned, motioning her in.

The bar was a kaleidoscope of lights and sound - the noise of dozens of native tongues being spoken in the comfort away from campus, where Federation Standard was the main language. The slow, sultry strains of Andorian Blues carried on the air, and a few were involved in dancing to the music. Gavin waved to a few people that he knew, leading Leela to a small and unoccupied table. "What'll you have?" he asked, bringing up the menu screen.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:44 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

The bar was a kaleidoscope of lights and sound - the noise of dozens of native tongues being spoken in the comfort away from campus, where Federation Standard was the main language.  The slow, sultry strains of Andorian Blues carried on the air, and a few were involved in dancing to the music.  Gavin waved to a few people that he knew, leading Leela to a small and unoccupied table.  "What'll you have?" he asked, bringing up the menu screen.

"Why thank you." Leela said entering the bar ahead of Gavin. It was a lively place. As her and Gavin approached the menu she looked to him and said. "Vulcan Brandy, Gav.." Leela knew it was an odd choice. Most of these kids probably haven't even heard of Vulcan drinks. Then again there was a lot about Vulcan these kids didn't understand. Thank you Juval! She thought. However without him she never would of appreciated this drink.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 5:45 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

"Why thank you." Leela said entering the bar ahead of Gavin. It was a lively place. As her and Gavin approached the menu she looked to him and said. "Vulcan Brandy, Gav.." Leela knew it was an odd choice. Most of these kids probably haven't even heard of Vulcan drinks. Then again there was a lot about Vulcan these kids didn't understand. Thank you Juval! She thought. However without him she never would of appreciated this drink.

Once the drinks were put in for, Gavin pulled a chair out for Leela. "Your seat, Miss," he grinned. "I hope you don't mind me being a little old-fashioned." After a few moments, a member of the waitstaff brought their drinks over. "There ya go, folks," the girl said, her clothing a tight dress of silvery-green material that seemed to draw in the light and reflect it back in a cascade of shimmers.

Gavin smiled happily as he got his own drink - a greenish concoction in a highball glass. "Lime rickey," he said, nodding to the glass. "Gin and lime juice. Kinda like a mojito." Gavin took a long sip of the drink, giving a small laugh. "Look at me, telling you about drinks. You've probably encountered enough in your lives to write books about this kinda stuff, huh?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 10:25 pm

Leela smiled as Gavin pulled out her chair. "So chivalrous." Leela said as she chuckled. "Thank you kind sir." She set down as her brandy was delivered. She immediately took a sip and made an audible sound reflecting the pleasure. As Gavin commented on the various drinks that she has seen over the years. Leela leaned in to whisper. "Have you ever tasted real Romulan Ale?" Leela smiled as she whispered to Gavin. "Preta and Juval both loved it! Quite the sensation." Leela continued as she leaned back into her chair and took another sip of her brandy.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:06 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:
Leela smiled as Gavin pulled out her chair. "So chivalrous." Leela said as she chuckled. "Thank you kind sir." She set down as her brandy was delivered. She immediately took a sip and made an audible sound reflecting the pleasure. As Gavin commented on the various drinks that she has seen over the years. Leela leaned in to whisper. "Have you ever tasted real Romulan Ale?" Leela smiled as she whispered to Gavin. "Preta and Juval both loved it! Quite the sensation." Leela continued as she leaned back into her chair and took another sip of her brandy.

Another long sip of his drink, and it was already a quarter empty. And Gavin Van Gelder was feeling quite mellow. He was of average size for a human male, but he'd always been a bit on the slight side, thin and wiry...and a bit of a lightweight when it came to drinking. He'd have to be cautious, lest he get overly-drunk and make an embarrassed ass of himself in front of Leela.

"I most certainly have not had Romulan Ale," he teased, grinning. "I've never even met a Romulan. Have you?" Gav shook his head, chuckling a small laugh. "In this life...or a past one." Lacing his fingers, he rested his chin on them, giving the Trill a considering look. "What...if you don't mind me asking...what's it like? Having all those lives in your head. Do your past selves...do they talk to you? Or do you just feel them there?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 11:27 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Another long sip of his drink, and it was already a quarter empty.  And Gavin Van Gelder was feeling quite mellow.  He was of average size for a human male, but he'd always been a bit on the slight side, thin and wiry...and a bit of a lightweight when it came to drinking.  He'd have to be cautious, lest he get overly-drunk and make an embarrassed ass of himself in front of Leela.  

"I most certainly have not had Romulan Ale," he teased, grinning.  "I've never even met a Romulan.  Have you?"  Gav shook his head, chuckling a small laugh.  "In this life...or a past one."  Lacing his fingers, he rested his chin on them, giving the Trill a considering look.  "What...if you don't mind me asking...what's it like?  Having all those lives in your head.  Do your past selves...do they talk to you?  Or do you just feel them there?"

"I have met my fair share of Romulans, on and off the battlefield." Leela sipped her drink as she noticed the space around her. Everyone was so happy groups of officers around tables, swapping war stories, Leela was certain. Cadets dreaming of their future success while others sat alone in corners contemplating failures. Even a couple of couples going through the same rituals that her and Gavin were going through.

Leela took a moment to ponder Gavin's question. To an alien it was almost impossible to explain but to another Trill explanation isn't necessary. How to describe... Leela pondered to herself. She finally broke the silence. "It can be difficult to explain. My memories don't differ much from yours. I recall places, events, smells, tastes. Much the way you do. But it is someone else's sense of smell. Someone else's recollection of a moment in time. It is almost like watching a play. You can't participate, you can merely sit back and watch it acted out before your eyes. The hardest part for me to adjust to was how vivid it all is." Leela sat back and took a sip of her drink as she contemplated her next word. "I can remember, so vividly, the birth of every single child. All of Heral's patients. Even the tragic death Nantia. She couldn't grab her phaser quick enough. She never had a chance against that Klingon. He practically beamed in on top of her." Leela grew somber as she shared the story. This was probably not the place nor the time but Gavin was the first alien she had felt comfortable sharing these emotions with.

Leela felt the need to reel everything back after her uncharacteristically emotional comments. "I'm not sure if that answers your question or not." She laughed knowing she had gotten lost in a bit of a tangent.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 9:07 am

Leela Kaz wrote:

"I have met my fair share of Romulans, on and off the battlefield." Leela sipped her drink as she noticed the space around her. Everyone was so happy groups of officers around tables, swapping war stories, Leela was certain. Cadets dreaming of their future success while others sat alone in corners contemplating failures. Even a couple of couples going through the same rituals that her and Gavin were going through.

Leela took a moment to ponder Gavin's question. To an alien it was almost impossible to explain but to another Trill explanation isn't necessary. How to describe... Leela pondered to herself. She finally broke the silence. "It can be difficult to explain. My memories don't differ much from yours. I recall places, events, smells, tastes. Much the way you do. But it is someone else's sense of smell. Someone else's recollection of a moment in time. It is almost like watching a play. You can't participate, you can merely sit back and watch it acted out before your eyes. The hardest part for me to adjust to was how vivid it all is." Leela sat back and took a sip of her drink as she contemplated her next word. "I can remember, so vividly, the birth of every single child. All of Heral's patients. Even the tragic death Nantia. She couldn't grab her phaser quick enough. She never had a chance against that Klingon. He practically beamed in on top of her." Leela grew somber as she shared the story. This was probably not the place nor the time but Gavin was the first alien she had felt comfortable sharing these emotions with.

Leela felt the need to reel everything back after her uncharacteristically emotional comments. "I'm not sure if that answers your question or not." She laughed knowing she had gotten lost in a bit of a tangent.

Gavin had taken another long sip of his drink while Leela set about to explaining her...Trill-ness...to him. He held up a hand when she'd finished. "No, no...it's fine. It's...fascinating stuff, really. I'm glad you feel like you can share it with me," he smiled, finishing off the tall glass and ordering another. Gavin was fairly sure that this'd be the last one of those particular drinks that he'd be able to handle in a single sitting, lest Leela have to carry him out of here.

"So...all those past lives. And you're not really supposed to keep in contact with them? Or does that just involve prior relationships?" His cheeks flushed red as his new drink arrived. "I'm sorry. I don't mean to be so nosy." Damn his natural inquisitiveness...
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 25, 2015 8:22 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin had taken another long sip of his drink while Leela set about to explaining her...Trill-ness...to him.  He held up a hand when she'd finished.  "No, no...it's fine.  It's...fascinating stuff, really.  I'm glad you feel like you can share it with me," he smiled, finishing off the tall glass and ordering another.  Gavin was fairly sure that this'd be the last one of those particular drinks that he'd be able to handle in a single sitting, lest Leela have to carry him out of here.

"So...all those past lives.  And you're not really supposed to keep in contact with them?  Or does that just involve prior relationships?"  His cheeks flushed red as his new drink arrived.  "I'm sorry.  I don't mean to be so nosy."  Damn his natural inquisitiveness...

"No Gav. You're fine. I don't mind at all." Leela took the last sip of her drink as the server brought another one too her. "Thanks Honey! You read my mind." Leela said and then she quickly turned her attention back to Gavin. "We call it reassociation. And you are correct it is forbidden, at least with people the previous host was extremely close too; Spouses, children, siblings parents; you get the idea. It can be very traumatic and awkward for the previous hosts' loved ones. Besides its all about adding value to the Symbiont. We want to build new relationships and experiences." Leela said.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 12:00 am

Leela Kaz wrote:

"No Gav. You're fine. I don't mind at all." Leela took the last sip of her drink as the server brought another one too her. "Thanks Honey! You read my mind." Leela said and then she quickly turned her attention back to Gavin. "We call it reassociation. And you are correct it is forbidden, at least with people the previous host was extremely close too; Spouses, children, siblings parents; you get the idea. It can be very traumatic and awkward for the previous hosts' loved ones. Besides its all about adding value to the Symbiont. We want to build new relationships and experiences." Leela said.

Stirring his drink, Gavin nodded and smiled as Leela explained the Trill situation. It sounded a bit more like a curse than a blessing, to him - all those lives, all those experiences, yes...but to have to say goodbye to generations, and forever? Granted, the Trill would, ideally, live a full life and leave their progeny and future generations to their own, but...the temptation to stay around your loved ones (and their descendants) would be hard to resist.

"I imagine it can be pretty awkward, yeah," he said, taking a sip of his drink. The alcohol was starting to send a pleasant, warm sensation to his brain, making his motions a bit more fluid and exaggerated. And his smile easier. "That's the name of the game, isn't it?" he asked, grinning boyishly. "New relationships. Strange new worlds," he said, chuckling at his own joke.

He noted that her hand was resting on the table, looking at it without looking like he was looking at it. At least, he thought he was being smooth. God knows what he actually seemed to be doing. Either way, he gave a casual little stretch, resting his hand on the table, too, allowing his fingertips to brush against hers. "Are you...staying around when the semester ends, or are you heading back to Trill?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:53 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Stirring his drink, Gavin nodded and smiled as Leela explained the Trill situation.  It sounded a bit more like a curse than a blessing, to him - all those lives, all those experiences, yes...but to have to say goodbye to generations, and forever?  Granted, the Trill would, ideally, live a full life and leave their progeny and future generations to their own, but...the temptation to stay around your loved ones (and their descendants) would be hard to resist.

"I imagine it can be pretty awkward, yeah," he said, taking a sip of his drink.  The alcohol was starting to send a pleasant, warm sensation to his brain, making his motions a bit more fluid and exaggerated.  And his smile easier.  "That's the name of the game, isn't it?" he asked, grinning boyishly.  "New relationships.  Strange new worlds," he said, chuckling at his own joke.

He noted that her hand was resting on the table, looking at it without looking like he was looking at it.  At least, he thought he was being smooth.  God knows what he actually seemed to be doing.  Either way, he gave a casual little stretch, resting his hand on the table, too, allowing his fingertips to brush against hers.  "Are you...staying around when the semester ends, or are you heading back to Trill?"

Leela could feel herself becoming more comfortable with Gavin with each passing moment. It may be the brandy or maybe its the atmosphere but I may just give him a shot after all. Leela thought to herself as she laughed at his joke. "I'll drink to that Gav" Leela said as her laughter slowly increased in volume. "To new relationships and strange new worlds." Leela held up her glass in a half hearted toast. Then she felt Gavin's hand make contact with her fingertips. Come on Gav! I've been a man four times and that's the oldest trick in the book. Not to say I wasn't a young man at one point and guilty of that same trickery. Leela thought to herself but she played it off as if she hadn't noticed. She edged her hand slightly closer to Gavin's hand and stopped mere millimeters from his fingertips, giving him a subtle sign that he was okay to proceed.

Leela took a sip of her drink and began to reply to Gavin's inquiry. "I thought I would just stay here, on campus, Trill is much less interesting. One can only tour the mud pits below the grounds of the Symbiosis Committee so many times." Leela laughed but, to her, it was the truth. In her eyes Trill has remained relatively unchanged for the last 100 years or so. She wanted a rush of something exciting in her life. Leela always suspected it was Kaz's doing. Up to the point of joining Leela loved Trill and had no desire to join Starfleet. Yet a year later there she was on the grounds of the academy.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 1:42 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela could feel herself becoming more comfortable with Gavin with each passing moment. It may be the brandy or maybe its the atmosphere but I may just give him a shot after all. Leela thought to herself as she laughed at his joke. "I'll drink to that Gav" Leela said as her laughter slowly increased in volume. "To new relationships and strange new worlds." Leela held up her glass in a half hearted toast. Then she felt Gavin's hand make contact with her fingertips. Come on Gav! I've been a man four times and that's the oldest trick in the book. Not to say I wasn't a young man at one point and guilty of that same trickery. Leela thought to herself but she played it off as if she hadn't noticed. She edged her hand slightly closer to Gavin's hand and stopped mere millimeters from his fingertips, giving him a subtle sign that he was okay to proceed.

Leela took a sip of her drink and began to reply to Gavin's inquiry. "I thought I would just stay here, on campus, Trill is much less interesting. One can only tour the mud pits below the grounds of the Symbiosis Committee so many times." Leela laughed but, to her, it was the truth. In her eyes Trill has remained relatively unchanged for the last 100 years or so. She wanted a rush of something exciting in her life. Leela always suspected it was Kaz's doing. Up to the point of joining Leela loved Trill and had no desire to join Starfleet. Yet a year later there she was on the grounds of the academy.

Gavin practically jumped as Leela's fingertips came into contact with his. He realized how goofily obvious what he was doing was, but she apparently didn't mind, so he left his hand there. The jolt from her touch, plus the pleasing, warming buzz of alcohol...well. This was turning out to be a pretty damn nice night. "Mud pits, huh?" he asked, quirking a playful brow. "Gotta be good for the skin."

The tempo of the music changed, and several people got up and started dancing. He recognized it as Centauran music, from the High Electric period, with scintillating sounds and a driving beat. Tipping back his glass, Gavin finished his second drink in a rush. "Hey. I don't know how to dance, but...do you wanna?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 5:30 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin practically jumped as Leela's fingertips came into contact with his.  He realized how goofily obvious what he was doing was, but she apparently didn't mind, so he left his hand there.  The jolt from her touch, plus the pleasing, warming buzz of alcohol...well.  This was turning out to be a pretty damn nice night.  "Mud pits, huh?" he asked, quirking a playful brow.  "Gotta be good for the skin."  

The tempo of the music changed, and several people got up and started dancing.  He recognized it as Centauran music, from the High Electric period, with scintillating sounds and a driving beat.  Tipping back his glass, Gavin finished his second drink in a rush.  "Hey.  I don't know how to dance, but...do you wanna?"

Leela chuckled at Gavin's enthusiasm and started to move out of the chair. In what seemed to be one seamless motion Leela removed the sweater from her shoulders and swung it over her the chair she had been sitting in. She finished the little bit of drink she had left in the glass and set the empty glass back on the table. Leela stood before Gavin wearing a blue dress. Her spots not visible coming over her shoulders and disappearing back behind the dress. ."I don't really dance either but what the hell." Leela said. Then after a brief pause she smiled and said. "After all this whole night is about strange new worlds." Leela extended her hand to Gavin offering it to him.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 8:54 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela chuckled at Gavin's enthusiasm and started to move out of the chair. In what seemed to be one seamless motion Leela removed the sweater from her shoulders and swung it over her the chair she had been sitting in. She finished the little bit of drink she had left in the glass and set the empty glass back on the table. Leela stood before Gavin wearing a blue dress. Her spots not visible coming over her shoulders and disappearing back behind the dress. ."I don't really dance either but what the hell." Leela said. Then after a brief pause she smiled and said. "After all this whole night is about strange new worlds." Leela extended her hand to Gavin offering it to him.

"Yep!" Gavin said, laughing happily as he lead Leela to the open floor area in the center of the room. A handful of others were making use of the floor, with flashing lights and some kind of holographic, glittery substance that rained down over everything.

He wasn't just being modest when he said he couldn't dance - the lanky youth was genuinely terrible at it. However, the high he was feeling from Leela's presence, combined with the drinks he'd consumed in rapid succession...well. It was enough to make him not care about his lanky, flailing form.

It also wasn't lost on Gavin that she'd removed her thick sweater, revealing the rest of the lovely dress that showed the right amount of spots. He could follow them down her shoulders, and...yes, indeed, he was fairly sure they went all the way down. "You mean to tell me that all those lives, and none of 'em knew how to dance?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next