Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page

[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:40 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Yep!" Gavin said, laughing happily as he lead Leela to the open floor area in the center of the room.  A handful of others were making use of the floor, with flashing lights and some kind of holographic, glittery substance that rained down over everything.

He wasn't just being modest when he said he couldn't dance - the lanky youth was genuinely terrible at it.  However, the high he was feeling from Leela's presence, combined with the drinks he'd consumed in rapid succession...well.  It was enough to make him not care about his lanky, flailing form.  

It also wasn't lost on Gavin that she'd removed her thick sweater, revealing the rest of the lovely dress that showed the right amount of spots.  He could follow them down her shoulders, and...yes, indeed, he was fairly sure they went all the way down.  "You mean to tell me that all those lives, and none of 'em knew how to dance?"

Leela laughed at the assumption that someone must of known how to dance. "Sorry Gav, Kaz has never had any dancers. Many drunken attempts, but no one has pulled it off. I think I have consumed the right amount of liquor to give it another try." Leela and Gavin were in the middle of the floor, hands clutched together. Leela raised their arms and spun underneath. She tripped over the heel on her shoe. "Damn it Gav, I knew I should of left these shoes at home." She laughed at her own clumsiness as she found herself drifting slightly closer to him.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Participated in the first mission

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 11:59 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela laughed at the assumption that someone must of known how to dance. "Sorry Gav, Kaz has never had any dancers. Many drunken attempts, but no one has pulled it off. I think I have consumed the right amount of liquor to give it another try." Leela and Gavin were in the middle of the floor, hands clutched together. Leela raised their arms and spun underneath. She tripped over the heel on her shoe. "Damn it Gav, I knew I should of left these shoes at home." She laughed at her own clumsiness as she found herself drifting slightly closer to him.

Laughing right along with her, Gavin tried to watch as Leela spun around, but it made his head swim. He held onto her, though, as she came close to tripping. He definitely didn't want this dance session to end with either one of them flat on their asses in the middle of the floor.

"You can kick 'em off," he said, smiling as she moved even closer to him. In fact, she was very...very close. He'd never been a dancer at all, but she felt so light in his arms. "I...I'm sure someone will find them," he said, suddenly aware of just how close she was to him. A part of him was concerned about all of this, because it knew where things looked to be heading, but...there was also the fear of ruining their friendship. And friends they were - Leela was one of the few that seemed to like him for who he was, and not what his last name could do for them. She was such a good thing. What if he screwed it up?

And what if you never try.

"Oh my," he said, still holding her close. "I...I think I need to sit down a moment."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 12:31 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Laughing right along with her, Gavin tried to watch as Leela spun around, but it made his head swim.  He held onto her, though, as she came close to tripping.  He definitely didn't want this dance session to end with either one of them flat on their asses in the middle of the floor.  

"You can kick 'em off," he said, smiling as she moved even closer to him.  In fact, she was very...very close.  He'd never been a dancer at all, but she felt so light in his arms.  "I...I'm sure someone will find them," he said, suddenly aware of just how close she was to him.  A part of him was concerned about all of this, because it knew where things looked to be heading, but...there was also the fear of ruining their friendship.  And friends they were - Leela was one of the few that seemed to like him for who he was, and not what his last name could do for them.  She was such a good thing.  What if he screwed it up?

And what if you never try.

"Oh my," he said, still holding her close.  "I...I think I need to sit down a moment."

Leela felt so good in Gavin's arms. Her troubles seemed to slip away. Ever since the joining Leela had found it difficult to determine what she wanted from a man. Love seemed like a nuisance, but in that moment, she wanted to try. Still in Gavin's arms, Leela laughed. "I think I better hang on to them. I don't want to risk having to walk home barefoot, after all I'm probably too big for a 2 kilometer ride on your back." Leela said as she laughed at the notion of it.

She could see that all this dancing was rough on Gavin. "Sure Gav, we can sit for a bit. I could use another drink." She shifted her weight and pulled Gavin's hand towards the table.

I'm glad I gave this a chance.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 27, 2015 11:14 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela felt so good in Gavin's arms. Her troubles seemed to slip away. Ever since the joining Leela had found it difficult to determine what she wanted from a man. Love seemed like a nuisance, but in that moment, she wanted to try. Still in Gavin's arms, Leela laughed. "I think I better hang on to them. I don't want to risk having to walk home barefoot, after all I'm probably too big for a 2 kilometer ride on your back." Leela said as she laughed at the notion of it.

She could see that all this dancing was rough on Gavin. "Sure Gav, we can sit for a bit. I could use another drink." She shifted her weight and pulled Gavin's hand towards the table.

I'm glad I gave this a chance.

"Another drink? Huh. Sounds fine to me," Gavin answered, smiling happily. There wasn't any other way he could be smiling. Not with all the liquor in him, and the presence of a pretty girl. All things that tended to warm pleasantly.

He noted that the song had changed again, this time to a slower number, and the flashing lights had turned down lower. Gavin wondered if he should ask Leela back up to the floor again, but suddenly, a better idea occurred to him. Or, he hoped it was a better idea, and not just some wacky, buzzed impulse. It was about a 50/50 shot for either, right now. "Hey. We should get that bottle of Vulcan whatever to go. I...it's a nice night for a walk, isn't it?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 1:43 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Another drink?  Huh.  Sounds fine to me," Gavin answered, smiling happily.  There wasn't any other way he could be smiling.  Not with all the liquor in him, and the presence of a pretty girl.  All things that tended to warm pleasantly.

He noted that the song had changed again, this time to a slower number, and the flashing lights had turned down lower.  Gavin wondered if he should ask Leela back up to the floor again, but suddenly, a better idea occurred to him.  Or, he hoped it was a better idea, and not just some wacky, buzzed impulse.  It was about a 50/50 shot for either, right now.  "Hey.  We should get that bottle of Vulcan whatever to go.  I...it's a nice night for a walk, isn't it?"

Leela was instantly in love with Gavin's latest idea. She wanted to spend more time with Gavin. She wanted to ge to know him better. Then the thought of the already drunk Gavin and Vulcan Brandy crossed her mind.Where could this go wrong? Leela thought. It was apparent that Gavin had never tried Vulcan Brandy, or any Vulcan liquor. "I don't know Gav? It took me 50 years to get used to the stuff." Leela laughed as she flagged down the server. She server approached there table and Leela turned to Gavin. "I'm game if you're game." She turned back to the server. "A bottle of Vulcan Brandy; we're going to take it with us."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 7:45 am

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela was instantly in love with Gavin's latest idea. She wanted to spend more time with Gavin. She wanted to ge to know him better. Then the thought of the already drunk Gavin and Vulcan Brandy crossed her mind.Where could this go wrong? Leela thought. It was apparent that Gavin had never tried Vulcan Brandy, or any Vulcan liquor. "I don't know Gav? It took me 50 years to get used to the stuff." Leela laughed as she flagged down the server. She server approached there table and Leela turned to Gavin. "I'm game if you're game." She turned back to the server. "A bottle of Vulcan Brandy; we're going to take it with us."

"Well, I'll just take baby sips," Gavin said, his cheeks flushed and his grin boyishly playful. As they stood to leave, he picked up her sweater, handing it to Leela with a little flourish. "My lady mustn't get chilled," he said, though he was genuinely sorry that the wonderful dress and those even-more-wonderful spots would be covered again.

Gathering up their bottle, the pair left Strange New Worlds bar and re-entered the San Franciscan night. There was a little nip in the air, but it wasn't near as bad as Gavin remembered it being. Then again, he was buzzed and warm. Still, it gave him enough plausible deniability to put his arm around Leela's waist, drawing the Trill girl closer to him. "Any place in particular you wanna go?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 7:57 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Well, I'll just take baby sips," Gavin said, his cheeks flushed and his grin boyishly playful.  As they stood to leave, he picked up her sweater, handing it to Leela with a little flourish.  "My lady mustn't get chilled," he said, though he was genuinely sorry that the wonderful dress and those even-more-wonderful spots would be covered again.

Gathering up their bottle, the pair left Strange New Worlds bar and re-entered the San Franciscan night.  There was a little nip in the air, but it wasn't near as bad as Gavin remembered it being.  Then again, he was buzzed and warm.  Still, it gave him enough plausible deniability to put his arm around Leela's waist, drawing the Trill girl closer to him.  "Any place in particular you wanna go?"

Leela was all butterflies when Gavin wrapped his arm around her waist. She looked to Gavin. "I do have one idea." She said with a hint of trepidation in her voice. "I know its a bit of a walk but its suck a beautiful night. How would you feel about a nice long walk to Golden Gate Park? It such a great view." Leela had an anterior motive to her suggestion. It meant a nice long walk with Gavin.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 9:30 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela was all butterflies when Gavin wrapped his arm around her waist. She looked to Gavin. "I do have one idea." She said with a hint of trepidation in her voice. "I know its a bit of a walk but its suck a beautiful night. How would you feel about a nice long walk to Golden Gate Park? It such a great view." Leela had an anterior motive to her suggestion. It meant a nice long walk with Gavin.

Nodding, Gavin offered Leela his arm with a smile. "Golden Gate Park it is." He waved to a few people in the streets, knowing that he didn't really have to, but...well, he was kind of...drunk.

"I remember going there as a kid," he mused, holding the Trill close as they walked together. "When I'd come to work with my dad at Starfleet Medical, I'd often slip out and go wandering through the park. I love the windmills." They turned several corners, the brightly-lighted streets of the city flashing silver with transport and speeder traffic. "It's basically built on the same plan as Olmstead's Central Park, and...um. Yeah. I'm babbling."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 28, 2015 9:53 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Nodding, Gavin offered Leela his arm with a smile.  "Golden Gate Park it is."  He waved to a few people in the streets, knowing that he didn't really have to, but...well, he was kind of...drunk.

"I remember going there as a kid," he mused, holding the Trill close as they walked together.  "When I'd come to work with my dad at Starfleet Medical, I'd often slip out and go wandering through the park.  I love the windmills."  They turned several corners, the brightly-lighted streets of the city flashing silver with transport and speeder traffic.  "It's basically built on the same plan as Olmstead's Central Park, and...um.  Yeah.  I'm babbling."

Leela moved and grabbed Gavin's hand as they walked towards the Park. "I don't mind Gav; babble away." Leela laughed as she thought Earth. Such an odd planet to her. Every human she had ever met seemed somehow juvenile to her and Gavin wasn't much different. However it all came together in a certain awkward charm. "If we're eve Ron Trill I will make sure to babble on to make you feel better. So tell me about growing up on Earth?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 11:02 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela moved and grabbed Gavin's hand as they walked towards the Park. "I don't mind Gav; babble away." Leela laughed as she thought Earth. Such an odd planet to her. Every human she had ever met seemed somehow juvenile to her and Gavin wasn't much different. However it all came together in a certain awkward charm. "If we're eve Ron Trill I will make sure to babble on to make you feel better. So tell me about growing up on Earth?"

"You don't mind me babbling, huh? Lee, I knew there was a reason I liked you..." Gavin laughed. He moved his hand from the Trill's waist, slipping his hand into hers. It wasn't a smooth move...not that he intended it to be, anyway. "I'd love to see Trill," he said, looking up at the passing vehicles.

Growing up? Well. Now, thinking about that wasn't near as fun as thinking about the warmth of the hand in his. She'd asked, however...

"Eh. I suppose my childhood was like most others...except for, y'know, basically growing up around Starfleet Medical. And testing out of primary school. I got to go to summer camp on Vulcan once, though. It was fun, if you don't mind having to work and read by yourself because none of the other little Vulcan kids would breathe my same air," he laughed. "I guess that's a normal childhood."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 11:19 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"You don't mind me babbling, huh?  Lee, I knew there was a reason I liked you..."  Gavin laughed.  He moved his hand from the Trill's waist, slipping his hand into hers.  It wasn't a smooth move...not that he intended it to be, anyway.  "I'd love to see Trill," he said, looking up at the passing vehicles.

Growing up?  Well.  Now, thinking about that wasn't near as fun as thinking about the warmth of the hand in his.  She'd asked, however...

"Eh.  I suppose my childhood was like most others...except for, y'know, basically growing up around Starfleet Medical.  And testing out of primary school.  I got to go to summer camp on Vulcan once, though.  It was fun, if you don't mind having to work and read by yourself because none of the other little Vulcan kids would breathe my same air," he laughed.  "I guess that's a normal childhood."

Leela laughed and edged her body closer to Gavin. "Normal? Where's the fun in Normal?" Leela chuckled knowing that it was the truth. "Look I have a 419 year old worm in my belly that allows me to remember cooking dinner on a random night a couple of centuries before the Federation existed. So I guess normal is relative? Leela chuckled with slight inflection in her voice as if she was asking a question. "Speaking of cooking. You'll have to let me cook for you sometime. Have I ever told you my first host was an award winning chef? And to think. I couldn't boil water 2 years ago." Leela felt so close to Gavin. Sharing about her thoughts towards joining and the past lives was all so new to her. She hadn't spoken too much about it with anyone else. It felt great to share. Who needs a counselor anyway?
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 29, 2015 11:36 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela laughed and edged her body closer to Gavin. "Normal? Where's the fun in Normal?" Leela chuckled knowing that it was the truth. "Look I have a 419 year old worm in my belly that allows me to remember cooking dinner on a random night a couple of centuries before the Federation existed. So I guess normal is relative? Leela chuckled with slight inflection in her voice as if she was asking a question. "Speaking of cooking. You'll have to let me cook for you sometime. Have I ever told you my first host was an award winning chef? And to think. I couldn't boil water 2 years ago." Leela felt so close to Gavin. Sharing about her thoughts towards joining and the past lives was all so new to her. She hadn't spoken too much about it with anyone else. It felt great to share. Who needs a counselor anyway?

The bright bustle of the city started to give way a little bit as the pair approached the park greenspace. Gavin was happy to see the windmills he loved as a child still there. They'd survived World War III, and were re-built from the damage done to the city during the Dominion War.

"I'd love to let you cook for me!" Gavin beamed. "I've never been that hot a cook, myself...unless you count having replicator menus memorized. My recipe for chicken parm is pretty famous. Wanna hear it?" he asked, leaning close to her and waggling his eyebrows conspiratorially. "You...lean close to the replimat," he said, very aware of the nearness of her. "And...um. You ask it to make chicken Parmesan for you."

A little hill rose off in the distance. "Shall we take a seat?" he asked, as they got closer to it. He paused as a random thought hit him. "What's the earliest thing that you can remember as Kaz?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 8:58 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

The bright bustle of the city started to give way a little bit as the pair approached the park greenspace.  Gavin was happy to see the windmills he loved as a child still there.  They'd survived World War III, and were re-built from the damage done to the city during the Dominion War.  

"I'd love to let you cook for me!" Gavin beamed.  "I've never been that hot a cook, myself...unless you count having replicator menus memorized.  My recipe for chicken parm is pretty famous.  Wanna hear it?" he asked, leaning close to her and waggling his eyebrows conspiratorially.  "You...lean close to the replimat," he said, very aware of the nearness of her.  "And...um.  You ask it to make chicken Parmesan for you."

A little hill rose off in the distance.  "Shall we take a seat?" he asked, as they got closer to it.  He paused as a random thought hit him.  "What's the earliest thing that you can remember as Kaz?"

It was a perfect night to sit in the park and take in the view. The fog began to slowly drift into the valley and seemed to illuminate the natural beauty surrounding the city.

Leela took the seat Gavin offered. "I could make some pasta that would knock your socks off." Leela said as she leaned her shoulder into Gavin and gave him a gentle nudge with her elbow. Leela had to take a moment to ponder her earliest memory. It was, after all, quite a bit to sift through. "My earliest memory. Hmm." The words were interrupted with a brief pause. "Its funny that we were just talking about cooking. When I was five." Leela stammered. "I mean Nivro. When Nivro was five; I'm sorry sometimes this is like sanctioned multiple personality disorder. Damned names and pronouns get you every time. Sorry I'm rambling again. When Nivro was five he once got in trouble for trying to cook, I use the term liberally, his favorite toy. Long story short his mother walked in to a cooking unit in flames. She grabbed the extinguisher before it spread to the rest of the kitchen. From then on it was prudent to remove all of the knobs from the appliances." Leela laughed. "Somehow my mother, I mean his... Aw hell for the remainder of this conversation I give up. My mother knew from that moment I would be a chef."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2015 11:41 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

It was a perfect night to sit in the park and take in the view. The fog began to slowly drift into the valley and seemed to illuminate the natural beauty surrounding the city.

Leela took the seat Gavin offered. "I could make some pasta that would knock your socks off." Leela said as she leaned her shoulder into Gavin and gave him a gentle nudge with her elbow. Leela had to take a moment to ponder her earliest memory. It was, after all, quite a bit to sift through. "My earliest memory. Hmm." The words were interrupted with a brief pause. "Its funny that we were just talking about cooking. When I was five." Leela stammered. "I mean Nivro. When Nivro was five; I'm sorry sometimes this is like sanctioned multiple personality disorder. Damned names and pronouns get you every time. Sorry I'm rambling again. When Nivro was five he once got in trouble for trying to cook, I use the term liberally, his favorite toy. Long story short his mother walked in to a cooking unit in flames. She grabbed the extinguisher before it spread to the rest of the kitchen. From then on it was prudent to remove all of the knobs from the appliances." Leela laughed. "Somehow my mother, I mean his... Aw hell for the remainder of this conversation I give up. My mother knew from that moment I would be a chef."

"Pasta it is," Gavin said, smiling softly as Leela nudged him. He very nearly said 'that can be a second date', but, thank the Great Bird, he caught himself before the dopey words came tumbling out of his dopey mouth. All he needed was to babble about this being a date.

But...if it wasn't...what was it?

He decided to focus back on the Trill in front of him, and not the one in the future. If there was a future. Well, there'd be a future, at least until Sol burned out and the Earth died in another five billion years. Give or take.

God! You're doing it again!

He smiled at the Trill, leaning a little so that their shoulders unmistakably touched. "It must be quite the experience, what with all of those lives and memories. Is it hard...starting new lives? New relationships? Is it unnerving to live as one sex, and then become another?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 12:32 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Pasta it is," Gavin said, smiling softly as Leela nudged him.  He very nearly said 'that can be a second date', but, thank the Great Bird, he caught himself before the dopey words came tumbling out of his dopey mouth.  All he needed was to babble about this being a date.

But...if it wasn't...what was it?

He decided to focus back on the Trill in front of him, and not the one in the future.  If there was a future.  Well, there'd be a future, at least until Sol burned out and the Earth died in another five billion years.  Give or take.

God!  You're doing it again!

He smiled at the Trill, leaning a little so that their shoulders unmistakably touched.  "It must be quite the experience, what with all of those lives and memories.  Is it hard...starting new lives?  New relationships?  Is it unnerving to live as one sex, and then become another?"

Leela reached for the Brandy and popped open the bottle. "Hope you don't mind if I... well we didn't bring glasses and its chilly out here." Leela smiled as she took a sip straight from the bottle. For a moment she felt like a child who snuck something from the bar while the adults weren't looking.

Really Leela, out of the bottle. Oh well. The concern quickly slipped her mind and she focused her attention back to the awkward young Human sitting before her.

"To be honest Gav, gender isn't quite as big of a hang up for us as it is for Humans. It is quite different though, but the difference is primarily how others perceive you. My last host was a fun old man with an interesting; at times awkward; relationship with the Vulcan people as their federation ambassador. If I ran into one of the old Vulcan I used to work with they would not accept me as Katz... It would take time." She took another sip of the brandy as she formulated the rest of the answer. "As far as becoming someone new. The hardest part is finding yourself in a sea of strong personalities. Going beyond living with the memories and truly making your own path. You have to be strong enough to stand out. That's why the selection process is so extensive. How about you Gav? How do you feel about new relationships?
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 6:41 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela reached for the Brandy and popped open the bottle. "Hope you don't mind if I... well we didn't bring glasses and its chilly out here." Leela smiled as she took a sip straight from the bottle. For a moment she felt like a child who snuck something from the bar while the adults weren't looking.

Really Leela, out of the bottle. Oh well. The concern quickly slipped her mind and she focused her attention back to the awkward young Human sitting before her.

"To be honest Gav, gender isn't quite as big of a hang up for us as it is for Humans. It is quite different though, but the difference is primarily how others perceive you. My last host was a fun old man with an interesting; at times awkward; relationship with the Vulcan people as their federation ambassador. If I ran into one of the old Vulcan I used to work with they would not accept me as Katz... It would take time." She took another sip of the brandy as she formulated the rest of the answer. "As far as becoming someone new. The hardest part is finding yourself in a sea of strong personalities. Going beyond living with the memories and truly making your own path. You have to be strong enough to stand out. That's why the selection process is so extensive. How about you Gav? How do you feel about new relationships?

How'd he feel about new relationships? Well, I hope that one is forming right here and now... he thought, but wisely didn't vocalize that particular bit of dorkiness. It was interesting, though, to hear about the Trill's past lives. It was an aspect of their culture that he'd always thought was utterly fascinating.

"I'm all for 'em," Gavin grinned, slipping his arm around Leela's shoulders. "I've been in relationships with both males and females, so I'm just as attracted to one as the other. I'm sure that waking up in an entirely new body might take some getting used to, though." He glanced at the bottle. "Gonna drink all that yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 7:00 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

How'd he feel about new relationships?  Well, I hope that one is forming right here and now... he thought, but wisely didn't vocalize that particular bit of dorkiness.  It was interesting, though, to hear about the Trill's past lives.  It was an aspect of their culture that he'd always thought was utterly fascinating.

"I'm all for 'em," Gavin grinned, slipping his arm around Leela's shoulders.  "I've been in relationships with both males and females, so I'm just as attracted to one as the other.  I'm sure that waking up in an entirely new body might take some getting used to, though."  He glanced at the bottle.  "Gonna drink all that yourself?"

Leela laughed at Gavin's joke. I probably could drink the entire bottle myself. But that's probably not a skill I should brag about. She thought as she passed the bottle to Gavin. "Help yourself. When you feel terrible tomorrow remember; I warned you." Leela said as she laughed at her gentle reminder to Gavin. Leela picked her legs up and set them at the end of the bench. She found herself relaxing leaning against Gavin. She pulled his hand, still around her shoulders, in closer to her.

"Well I'm glad to hear your open to new adventures, Gav. I am too." Leela looked up to him to make eye contact.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 7:56 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela laughed at Gavin's joke. I probably could drink the entire bottle myself. But that's probably not a skill I should brag about. She thought as she passed the bottle to Gavin. "Help yourself. When you feel terrible tomorrow remember; I warned you." Leela said as she laughed at her gentle reminder to Gavin. Leela picked her legs up and set them at the end of the bench. She found herself relaxing leaning against Gavin. She pulled his hand, still around her shoulders, in closer to her.

"Well I'm glad to hear your open to new adventures, Gav. I am too." Leela looked up to him to make eye contact.

"I'll be careful," Gavin grinned, taking the offered bottle. "I promise." His sip of the pale, amber liquid was a slow one, which was probably a mistake, seeing as how it set his lips on metaphorical fire. Gav's face twisted into an expression of shock, while an involuntary shudder cascaded down his spine, landed in his toes, and bounced back up. "...Wow," was all he could think to say.

Gav handed the bottle back, smiling at both the pleasing buzz in his head, and at the fact that Leela had snuggled up pretty close to him. He was also happy to see that, except for a few random stragglers, they were alone in the park. "New adventures...that...that's what we're here for...isn't it?" he stammered, suddenly feeling exceedingly flushed at hear nearness. It was late spring...why did it feel so warm?

It seemed as if he needed to do anything, say anything, to break the tightness in his chest. "Hey. Have...have you ever seen the Northern Lights, in any of your lives?"
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"I'll be careful," Gavin grinned, taking the offered bottle.  "I promise."  His sip of the pale, amber liquid was a slow one, which was probably a mistake, seeing as how it set his lips on metaphorical fire.  Gav's face twisted into an expression of shock, while an involuntary shudder cascaded down his spine, landed in his toes, and bounced back up.  "...Wow," was all he could think to say.

Gav handed the bottle back, smiling at both the pleasing buzz in his head, and at the fact that Leela had snuggled up pretty close to him.  He was also happy to see that, except for a few random stragglers, they were alone in the park.  "New adventures...that...that's what we're here for...isn't it?" he stammered, suddenly feeling exceedingly flushed at hear nearness.  It was late spring...why did it feel so warm?

It seemed as if he needed to do anything, say anything, to break the tightness in his chest.  "Hey.  Have...have you ever seen the Northern Lights, in any of your lives?"

Leela laughed as Gavin's face contorted into various stages of discomfort and took the bottle from Gavin when he passed it back. "I warned you." Leela said pushing the words out over her laughter. "I'm telling you. If didn't know it I would never believe that was a Vulcan beverage. I feel like each shot should be followed with a slurred smattering of Klingon drinking songs." Leela continued to laugh. At this point the alcohol had began to effect her as well. Although her tolerance seemed to be stronger then Gavin's she was far from immune. She couldn't stop giggling at her poorly executed jokes. "Those damned Vulcans; there is a surprise around every corner with them. You can't help but love 'em. Even though they swear they don't love you back. They do. No matter what they tell you.

Leela shifted her focus to the northern lights. "No. Never. Honestly, other then the academy, none of my hosts have spent much time on earth. I feel like Kaz has always been drawn to space. A nomad who doesn't hang around long. As you said 'new adventures.'" Leela was being drawn to the closeness and all this talk of new adventures had her mind racing with possibilities. It was tough for her to separate. On one hand she was a young girl about the same age as the man she was sitting with. However, on a deeper level he seemed so young to her, so green. His intelligence was definitely winning her over. For such a young pup he was so incredibly smart. She was genuinely impressed.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:32 am

Leela Kaz wrote:

Leela laughed as Gavin's face contorted into various stages of discomfort and took the bottle from Gavin when he passed it back. "I warned you." Leela said pushing the words out over her laughter. "I'm telling you. If didn't know it I would never believe that was a Vulcan beverage. I feel like each shot should be followed with a slurred smattering of Klingon drinking songs." Leela continued to laugh. At this point the alcohol had began to effect her as well. Although her tolerance seemed to be stronger then Gavin's she was far from immune. She couldn't stop giggling at her poorly executed jokes. "Those damned Vulcans; there is a surprise around every corner with them. You can't help but love 'em. Even though they swear they don't love you back. They do. No matter what they tell you.

Leela shifted her focus to the northern lights. "No. Never. Honestly, other then the academy, none of my hosts have spent much time on earth. I feel like Kaz has always been drawn to space. A nomad who doesn't hang around long. As you said 'new adventures.'" Leela was being drawn to the closeness and all this talk of new adventures had her mind racing with possibilities. It was tough for her to separate. On one hand she was a young girl about the same age as the man she was sitting with. However, on a deeper level he seemed so young to her, so green.  His intelligence was definitely winning her over. For such a young pup he was so incredibly smart. She was genuinely impressed.

Gav wondered which one of her past lives had been in love with the Vulcan. That had to be it...the way she spoke, it almost had a wistful quality to it. Well. It could have been any of them in the past few hundred years. Not for the first time did he think about just how outclassed he was...how so astronomically far out of his league this girl was.

And yet, she seems to like you. Don't screw it up! As if drunkenly suggesting they go see the Northern Lights wasn't screwy enough...."Okay!" he beamed, taking Leela by the hand and helping her up off the bench. "We can transport to Hamilton. Better replicate some coats...it'll be cold." Holy crap, he thought, smiling nervously on the inside. I can't believe we're doing this!
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 6:47 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gav wondered which one of her past lives had been in love with the Vulcan.  That had to be it...the way she spoke, it almost had a wistful quality to it.  Well.  It could have been any of them in the past few hundred years.  Not for the first time did he think about just how outclassed he was...how so astronomically far out of his league this girl was.  

And yet, she seems to like you.  Don't screw it up!  As if drunkenly suggesting they go see the Northern Lights wasn't screwy enough...."Okay!" he beamed, taking Leela by the hand and helping her up off the bench.  "We can transport to Hamilton.  Better replicate some coats...it'll be cold."  Holy crap, he thought, smiling nervously on the inside.  I can't believe we're doing this!

Oh my god, is he drunk or crazy. Maybe a little of both. Leela thought at the prospect of beaming North. All that snow!

Leela laughed and stood up as if on a mission. She leaned over Gavin and bent herself closer to Gavin's ear. "Let's do it Gav! If there is something I haven't seen in 419 years. It should probably be on the bucket list."

This should be fun! Leela was excited to try something new. Its not like she had the opportunity everyday.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:05 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

Oh my god, is he drunk or crazy. Maybe a little of both. Leela thought at the prospect of beaming North. All that snow!

Leela laughed and stood up as if on a mission. She leaned over Gavin and bent herself closer to Gavin's ear. "Let's do it Gav! If there is something I haven't seen in 419 years. It should probably be on the bucket list."

This should be fun! Leela was excited to try something new. Its not like she had the opportunity everyday.

[Later...]

The previous twenty or thirty minutes or so passed by in such a blur that Gavin had to re-check his memory to see if they actually had happened. Once he navigated through the alcohol-fueled fog and found the actual memories...yes. It happened. They'd made it back to campus, changed into more sensible clothes, and then headed to the on-site transportation unit.

And, just like that, he was keying in the coordinates for downtown Hamilton, Ontario. His home town, even though he felt like he grew up just as much right here in San Francisco, a medical brat underfoot at SFM.

"So. Um...this is Hamilton," Gavin said, as they disembarked the travel center. The city was well-lit, with a steady speeder traffic that was still not nearly as voluminous as San Fran's. Smiling, Gavin slipped his hand into Leela's. "Let's get a speeder! Can you drive? Maybe we should rent a driver, too. Or get one that'll fly itself..."
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 4:35 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Later...]

The previous twenty or thirty minutes or so passed by in such a blur that Gavin had to re-check his memory to see if they actually had happened.  Once he navigated through the alcohol-fueled fog and found the actual memories...yes.  It happened.  They'd made it back to campus, changed into more sensible clothes, and then headed to the on-site transportation unit.  

And, just like that, he was keying in the coordinates for downtown Hamilton, Ontario.  His home town, even though he felt like he grew up just as much right here in San Francisco, a medical brat underfoot at SFM.

"So.  Um...this is Hamilton," Gavin said, as they disembarked the travel center.  The city was well-lit, with a steady speeder traffic that was still not nearly as voluminous as San Fran's.  Smiling, Gavin slipped his hand into Leela's.  "Let's get a speeder!  Can you drive?  Maybe we should rent a driver, too.  Or get one that'll fly itself..."

They stood in the city of Hamilton, Leela found her hand still in Gavin's as they slowly moved through the streets. God it's cold. Its odd because she had barely noticed at first. A testimony to the value of good liquor.

"Its quite a city Gav. It feels like it belongs on a postcard or something." Leela turned his attention to the streetlights. "See look how beautiful. And me without my holo camera?"

She moved in closer "I can drive. But why do it if we don't have to? Lets catch a ride." She didn't want any excuse to lose focus on the evening at hand. It had turned out to be quite a lovely night up to that point. Leela wasn't going to risk letting anything happen to the evening.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Leela Kaz wrote:

They stood in the city of Hamilton, Leela found her hand still in Gavin's as they slowly moved through the streets. God it's cold. Its odd because she had barely noticed at first. A testimony to the value of good liquor.

"Its quite a city Gav. It feels like it belongs on a postcard or something." Leela turned his attention to the streetlights. "See look how beautiful. And me without my holo camera?"

She moved in closer "I can drive. But why do it if we don't have to? Lets catch a ride." She didn't want any excuse to lose focus on the evening at hand. It had turned out to be quite a lovely night up to that point. Leela wasn't going to risk letting anything happen to the evening.

And so the young (relatively speaking) pair moved on through the city, catching a ride with a speeder. Gavin was sober enough to program in a destination - one that he'd been to quite often in his youth. There were several well-known observation points from which to watch the Lights, but Gav knew of a few in particular that were not as well-known, or frequented.

"Alright, then! Let's do it!" He giggled as he sipped another drink. In a few more seconds they were off, the lights of the city fading behind them as they sped through the countryside. "Over there's the lake. Um, Lake Ontario, that is..." The clear night was dotted with stars, stretched over with long ribbons of scintillating, colored light.
Back to top Go down
Leela Kaz
Ensign
Ensign

Holodiction
Most Improved
Best Duo
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 4:48 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

And so the young (relatively speaking) pair moved on through the city, catching a ride with a speeder.  Gavin was sober enough to program in a destination - one that he'd been to quite often in his youth.  There were several well-known observation points from which to watch the Lights, but Gav knew of a few in particular that were not as well-known, or frequented.

"Alright, then!  Let's do it!"  He giggled as he sipped another drink.  In a few more seconds they were off, the lights of the city fading behind them as they sped through the countryside.  "Over there's the lake.  Um, Lake Ontario, that is..."  The clear night was dotted with stars, stretched over with long ribbons of scintillating, colored light.

As they moved through the city and into the countryside Leela noticed Gavin looking up into the sky. "Such a clear night. I love looking at the sky on nights like this. I look up there and I see possibilities. When we look up we know some of those stars, but, we still have no clue what secrets thousands of those stars hold. Thousands of sentient races. Empires. Technology. Biology. The possibilities are endless." She hung on to Gavin's arm. She lowered her head and looked into his eyes. "Its amazing to think. I've seen a lot in 419 years but even I have barely scratched the surface of what's out there. It seems like; around every star; we see the impossible come true. It truly is a great time to be alive." She smiled. Something came over Leela in that moment, in that vehicle. She moved herself closer to Gavin. Maybe it way the stars. Maybe it was the liquor. To be honest it was likely a combination of the two. However ion that moment it felt right.

Leela moved her face towards Gavin and leaned in to give him a kiss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)   [Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Past] Nearness of You (Gavin/Leela)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next