Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] Empty
PostSubject: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 5:12 pm

[Sickbay]

Medbay was quiet- well, at least, this section of it. Thelos could still hear a light coughing from a biobed not far off. From where he was, though... it was almost eerily silent. The Andorian was flipping through some last-minute data on a medical PADD in preparation for the procedure he was about to perform. It was one of the most gap-filled files he'd ever read. Plenty of data on the nature of the injury... but no backhistory to properly explain it. "Training accidents." ... Thelos didn't believe a word, but he had no way of knowing otherwise.

If Lieutenant Pren hadn't been called away at the last minute, he probably wouldn't have been called in. Usually, he wouldn't have minded, but he knew that this particular patient was going to be more difficult. Archangel already felt uncomfortable around him after the incident with Jarris... and her track record with sickbay didn't exactly make him eager to be the surgeon for this one.

The red gloves that came with his surgical garb were sitting on a table next to a tray of laser scalpels, forceps, various other implements, and one sterile replacement knee. He'd put them on when he was ready to begin. The rest of it was cumbersome enough. Medical had decided that a replacement was well overdue. The joint could only be repaired so much... and Archangel had passed that point already.

The other nurses and assistants that would help with the surgery weren't due to arrive yet- he had to talk with Archangel first. Speaking of which... Everything was ready, and he just had to wait. Hopefully, she actually listened to medical (or her husband, if nothing else.) and made use of the wheelchair that had been provided. Most likely not.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 5:26 pm

Oh, what the Romulan wouldn't have given to not have to go through with this.

She was making her way slowly but surely towards sickbay, relying heavily on the cane she used to use after the Jarris incident and her knee had been slow to heal. Now, that joint found itself several steps behind even that state after her treatment during her last encounter with Section 31. She consoled herself with the fact that it was likely to be the last she saw of the black-uniformed intelligence agents for a while now that she had been put in reserve until whatever damage they had caused had had a chance to heal.

Her walk was slow as she felt the joint grating with every step she took, the pain thankfully masked by the painkillers she had been given during the short span between her return and this scheduled surgery.

Eventually, the doors of sickbay were in front of her, then they parted to allow her entry and she saw who had apparently been assigned to perform the surgery. Thelos th'Zhela. The Andorian ensign who had followed her from the Chin'Toka. As they always did, her eyes flicked briefly to the stump that was all that remained of one antenna. The other had been hacked off brutally in front of her by a man named Jarris when she had refused to give him the codes that would allow him to take over the Chin'Toka.

She quickly schooled her features back into neutrality as she leaned heavily on the cane. "Good morning, Thelos," the Romulan said in greeting, a touch of wariness in her voice. This wasn't her domain. She wasn't the captain in that instance in any case given her sub-par condition, but in sickbay, the doctors commanded, not the captains.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 2:33 pm

[Sickbay]

Thelos had begun lazily drumming his fingers on the PADD when he heard the door open with a hiss. The PADD was dropped unceremoniously on the biobed as the Andorian doctor left the curtained-off surgical area to greet the arrival. The heavy, slow thunk that he could hear just confirmed what he'd already figured.

This didn't mean that he was any less upset-looking when he rounded the corner and faced the injured Romulan. He would have hoped, at least, that Mr. Arthur would have at least helped her walk to sickbay, if she'd insisted on forgoing the chair. The creak and grate of the injured knee was audible to Thelos... and he tried very hard not to shudder.

His single antenna bent forwards in concern- almost at the exact same moment he caught Archangel glancing at it. There wasn't any chance that he was going to bring that up. T'Koris seemed nervous, anyway. Though he'd figured it wasn't going to be easy facing her, he still tended to forget how uncomfortable the looks of guilt that the captain wore made him feel.

"Good morning, Archangel," he said in reply. With a light tutting of his tongue, the Andorian briefly walked over to a corner of sickbay, returning with a wheelchair- much like the one Archangel had refused to sit in since being discharged from sickbay before her surgery. Thelos unceremoniously rolled the chair toward Archangel. "Sit," he said. It wasn't a question.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 3:05 pm

The expression on the Andorian's face was enough to tell Archangel that she had apparently crossed some unknown line already in her dealings with the medical staff. She assumed that it was over the fact that she was on her feet when it had been made clear to her that she was to stay strictly off her leg.

She had been about to speak, perhaps ask him how he was in an attempt at small talk, or even ask how the procedure was going to happen, but he had already walked away and returned with...

Archangel gave Thelos an unamused glare at the sight of the wheelchair. The tone of his voice clearly stated that it wasn't a request, but unfortunately, the Romulan wasn't in a particularly compliant mood. "I've managed this far, Thelos. I think I'd rather keep my dignity a little longer, if you don't mind."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 4:02 pm

[Sickbay]

Thelos's eyes momentarily closed as he buried a ball of stress that was rising in his chest. He just knew that the longer she stood on that knee, the more damage she was doing. It had nothing to do with dignity, really... he just cared about her care.

The andorian deliberately steered the chair around behind her and gave her a pointed look.

"You weren't supposed to walk this far, Archangel. All you're doing is making my task harder. Sit," he all but ordered. "... Please," he added as an afterthought. Thelos was certain that he was never meant to be a command officer- he was too polite. What he did know was that he wasn't going to get anything done if Archangel fought him every step of the way.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 4:16 pm

As soon as Thelos had started to move behind her, Archangel turned so that she would keep her eyes on him, unwilling to be in a vulnerable position. She considered the blue-skinned man for a moment. She really didn't want to make this any harder on him. That would just mean that it would take longer, and that definitely wasn't something that she wanted to happen.

She could keep up this dance a while longer, deflecting Thelos, but in the end, that would achieve nothing. Someone would eventually stick her with a sedative and get on with the task at hand. It certainly wouldn't be the first time that they had resorted to similar tactics.

With a heavy sigh, she reluctantly sat down, watching the Andorian over her shoulder as she did so.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:03 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
As soon as Thelos had started to move behind her, Archangel turned so that she would keep her eyes on him, unwilling to be in a vulnerable position.  She considered the blue-skinned man for a moment.  She really didn't want to make this any harder on him.  That would just mean that it would take longer, and that definitely wasn't something that she wanted to happen.

She could keep up this dance a while longer, deflecting Thelos, but in the end, that would achieve nothing.  Someone would eventually stick her with a sedative and get on with the task at hand.  It certainly wouldn't be the first time that they had resorted to similar tactics.

With a heavy sigh, she reluctantly sat down, watching the Andorian over her shoulder as she did so.

[Sickbay]

A weight seemed to transfer from the Andorian's chest to the chair as Archangel sat down. Step one complete... now, if only he could ensure that she cooperated for the rest of it, too. "Thank you kindly," he said gently. It wasn't lost on him that Archangel was scrutinizing his every move. Romulans had such a propensity for paranoia... but Thelos was used to that, by now.

The doctor glanced down at his patient. Since the actual surgical procedure wasn't due to start for a bit- and his assistants weren't even ready just yet- he had a chance to walk through everything with T'Koris first, if she wanted.

"We'd best get out of the middle of the floor," he said, before gripping the handles of the chair. "You may wheel yourself to our section of the surgical ward, or I can push you. I leave that choice to you."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 12:13 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
A weight seemed to transfer from the Andorian's chest to the chair as Archangel sat down. Step one complete... now, if only he could ensure that she cooperated for the rest of it, too. "Thank you kindly," he said gently. It wasn't lost on him that Archangel was scrutinizing his every mood. Romulans had such a propensity for paranoia... but Thelos was used to that, by now.

The doctor glanced down at his patient. Since the actual surgical proedure wasn't due to start for a bit- and his assistants weren't even ready just yet- he had a chance to walk through everything with T'Koris first, if she wanted.

"We'd best get out of the middle of the floor," he said, before gripping the handles of the chair. "You may wheel yourself to our section of the surgical ward, or I can push you. I leave that choice to you."

Archangel glanced down at her arms, one of which had been completely stripped of its dermal layer not all that long ago. She could still feel the phantom pain from it sometimes, a side effect of any injury healed with artificial methods. Squaring her shoulders, she put her hands on the wheels of the chair.

"I can wheel myself, thank you, Thelos," she replied, determined to keep at least some form of dignity, even if it was from a wheelchair. Remembering the section she had seen him come out from as she arrived, she started to push herself in that direction. "Do you know how long this is likely to take?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:20 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel glanced down at her arms, one of which had been completely stripped of its dermal layer not all that long ago.  She could still feel the phantom pain from it sometimes, a side effect of any injury healed with artificial methods.  Squaring her shoulders, she put her hands on the wheels of the chair.

"I can wheel myself, thank you, Thelos," she replied, determined to keep at least some form of dignity, even if it was from a wheelchair.  Remembering the section she had seen him come out from as she arrived, she started to push herself in that direction.  "Do you know how long this is likely to take?"

When Archangel indicated that she wanted to wheel herself, Thelos only hesitated for a moment before releasing his grip on the handles. He'd expected her to deny his help.. but... wished she hadn't, somehow. Maybe it was a bit of ego, like he felt like she was doubting his abilities... or maybe he was reading to much into it. Yes, probably that. People like to do things their way. Ah well... I'll humor you, captain.

He walked alongside her, slightly I front of her so that T'Koris could keep her eyes on him if she wanted to. "About two hours from start to finish.. give or take a half hour," Thelos explained. "It depends on how difficult it is for me to remove your old knee."

"As for post-op... You aren't going to like this, but you're not to put any weight on it at all for at least three days. No walking, even assisted by a cane," the Andorian emphasized. "You'll unravel all the work done if you try, and then you'll be back here in sickbay with me again." And then I'll have to confine you here.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 2:48 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
When Archangel indicated that she wanted to wheel herself, Thelos only hesitated for a moment before releasing his grip on the handles. He'd expected her to deny his help.. but... wished she hadn't, somehow. Maybe it was a bit of ego, like he felt like she was doubting his abilities... or maybe he was reading to much into it. Yes, probably that. People like to do things their way. Ah well... I'll humor you, captain.

He walked alongside her, slightly I front of her so that T'Koris could keep her eyes on him if she wanted to. "About two hours from start to finish.. give or take a half hour," Thelos explained. "It depends on how difficult it is for me to remove your old knee."

"As for post-op... You aren't going to like this, but you're not to put any weight on it at all for at least three days. No walking, even assisted by a cane," the Andorian emphasized. "You'll unravel all the work done if you try, and then you'll be back here in sickbay with me again." And then I'll have to confine you here.

"'My old knee'," Archangel repeated, shaking her head slightly. "Feels like we're replacing a gel pack or something." And two hours in surgery. Not intolerable as far as operations went, but still far too long for her liking. If she could have been in and out of sickbay in five minutes, she would have been happier. Unfortunately, as advanced as their medical technology was, it wasn't that good.

She came to a stop alongside the biobed in the sectioned off area and as Thelos dropped the bomb on her. "Three days?" she all but screeched at the Andorian. "Three days down? No, Thelos. I have work around the ship that needs done and I can't afford to be off that long!"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:01 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"'My old knee'," Archangel repeated, shaking her head slightly.  "Feels like we're replacing a gel pack or something."  And two hours in surgery.  Not intolerable as far as operations went, but still far too long for her liking.  If she could have been in and out of sickbay in five minutes, she would have been happier.  Unfortunately, as advanced as their medical technology was, it wasn't that good.

She came to a stop alongside the biobed in the sectioned off area and as Thelos dropped the bomb on her.  "Three days?" she all but screeched at the Andorian.  "Three days down?  No, Thelos.  I have work around the ship that needs done and I can't afford to be off that long!"

Barely a beat after he'd spoken, Archangel's shrill tone make him want to cover his ears. Yelling made him uncomfortable, and tended to set off a bit of a memory blip in the back of his head. He took a moment to breathe and calm down before he attempted to respond.

"I'm... very sorry, Archangel. Even three days is being a little liberal. I don't want to keep you off your feet for that long, but it's absolutely crucial that you do," the doctor said apologetically. "I have to do everything in my power to keep you off your leg and give the healing process the best chance it can get."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:17 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Barely a beat after he'd spoken, Archangel's shrill tone make him want to cover his ears. Yelling made him uncomfortable, and tended to set off a bit of a memory blip in the back of his head. He took a moment to breathe and calm down before he attempted to respond.

"I'm... very sorry, Archangel. Even three days is being a little liberal. I don't want to keep you off your feet for that long, but it's absolutely crucial that you do," the doctor said apologetically. "I have to do everything in my power to keep you off your leg and give the healing process the best chance it can get."

The Romulan stared at Thelos incredulously for a long moment, trying to get her head around the fact that she was going to have to be off her leg for three whole days. She hadn't even managed an hour last time it had been patched up for her before she was up and moving around her quarters.

Her eyes narrowed at the mention of 'everything in his power'. She had heard that expression many a time in her various lines of work, but she had found very few individuals who would actually follow through with that threat. Was this Andorian one of them?

She took hold of her cane again from where she had wedged it between her leg and the seat, pushing herself back up onto her feet, carefully avoiding putting too much weight on her ruined knee as she did so.

"Then you'll just have to patch it up again for now, and we can get back to this surgery when things aren't quite so hectic on the ship."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:27 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The Romulan stared at Thelos incredulously for a long moment, trying to get her head around the fact that she was going to have to be off her leg for three whole days.  She hadn't even managed an hour last time it had been patched up for her before she was up and moving around her quarters.

Her eyes narrowed at the mention of 'everything in his power'.  She had heard that expression many a time in her various lines of work, but she had found very few individuals who would actually follow through with that threat.  Was this Andorian one of them?

She took hold of her cane again from where she had wedged it between her leg and the seat, pushing herself back up onto her feet, carefully avoiding putting too much weight on her ruined knee as she did so.

"Then you'll just have to patch it up again for now, and we can get back to this surgery when things aren't quite so hectic on the ship."

There was a silence between the two as Thelos's blue eyes attempted to read into what the Romulan might be thinking. He knew she didn't like the idea... but... was she going to yield? Yell again? There was nothing but tense silence for several seconds while Thelos pondered these options.

Then, suddenly, Thelos felt his heart jump in his chest so hard that he nearly gasped. "Captain, no. I am afraid that is not possible. There is no 'patch up' job for this one. Please sit down." The Andorian hurriedly moved forward and made a -considerably gentle- attempt to sit the Romulan back down.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:36 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
There was a silence between the two as Thelos's blue eyes attempted to read into what the Romulan might be thinking. He knew she didn't like the idea... but... was she going to yield? Yell again? There was nothing but tense silence for several seconds while Thelos pondered these options.

Then, suddenly, Thelos felt his heart jump in his chest so hard that he nearly gasped. "Captain, no. I am afraid that is not possible. There is no 'patch up' job for this one. Please sit down." The Andorian hurriedly moved forward and made a -considerably gentle- attempt to sit the Romulan back down.

Archangel resisted the pressure that Thelos was putting on her shoulder, stopping short of actually fighting him back. Her metaphorical hackles were up now and she wanted to fight this with all her force, but there were a few things that she had still to take into account: they were mismatched in force at that point. She could only really put any pressure on one leg, and she was still quite weakened from the ordeal that had landed her here in the first place.

She found herself sitting back in the chair, glaring up at the medic with fire in her heart. She was not a weakling so easily pushed over! She refused to let herself become so!

"Of course it's possible! You've done it every other time," she snarled, trying to shake off the hand on her shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:43 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel resisted the pressure that Thelos was putting on her shoulder, stopping short of actually fighting him back.  Her metaphorical hackles were up now and she wanted to fight this with all her force, but there were a few things that she had still to take into account: they were mismatched in force at that point.  She could only really put any pressure on one leg, and she was still quite weakened from the ordeal that had landed her here in the first place.

She found herself sitting back in the chair, glaring up at the medic with fire in her heart.  She was not a weakling so easily pushed over!  She refused to let herself become so!

"Of course it's possible!  You've done it every other time," she snarled, trying to shake off the hand on her shoulder.

Thelos was again relieved when Archangel sat down, but that relief was short lived, this time, as his captain started with the challenging, angry tone. His face remained relatively neutral, but his antenna was bent as far away from the Romulan as possible.

He lifted his hand away from her shoulder now that she was seated. No need to have her try something dangerous to get him to stop touching her.

"No, ma'am. You've broken it so many times that there's really nothing left to repair. It would break again at the slightest impact- even walking could do it in again. We wouldn't have scheduled a replacement surgery if it wasn't really necessary."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:54 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Thelos was again relieved when Archangel sat down, but that relief was short lived, this time, as his captain started with the challenging, angry tone. His face remained relatively neutral, but his antenna was bent as far away from the Romulan as possible.

He lifted his hand away from her shoulder now that she was seated. No need to have her try something dangerous to get him to stop touching her.

"No, ma'am. You've broken it so many times that there's really nothing left to repair. It would break again at the slightest impact- even walking could do it in again. We wouldn't have scheduled a replacement surgery if it wasn't really necessary."

Archangel growled wordlessly at Thelos' statement, not believing it. She thumped her fist into the arm of the chair, leaving a noticeable dent in it yet leaving no trace on the anger that still boiled inside her.

"I won't be caught with my guard down like that!" she snapped, more to herself than to Thelos, although her next words were addressed to him. "Then just brace it! I'll manage it with painkillers!"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:31 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel growled wordlessly at Thelos' statement, not believing it.  She thumped her fist into the arm of the chair, leaving a noticeable dent in it yet leaving no trace on the anger that still boiled inside her.

"I won't be caught with my guard down like that!" she snapped, more to herself than to Thelos, although her next words were addressed to him.  "Then just brace it!  I'll manage it with painkillers!"

The Andorian jumped at the sound of caving metal. He tended t forget about the Romulan's strength unless it came out in a display like that. "Easy!" he admonished.

He stayed silent as she started with her aggressive demands. Archangel's suggestion was immediately dismissed. Just the thought of bracing it and just leaving her to walk on broken, grating knee sent shivers down Thelos's spine.

"I can't do that, Archangel. I'm sorry."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:37 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
The Andorian jumped at the sound of caving metal. He tended t forget about the Romulan's strength unless it came out in a display like that. "Easy!" he admonished.

He stayed silent as she started with her aggressive demands. Archangel's suggestion was immediately dismissed. Just the thought of bracing it and just leaving her to walk on broken, grating knee sent shivers down Thelos's spine.

"I can't do that, Archangel. I'm sorry."

The anger seemed to leech out of Archangel, replaced by defeat as she tired from her emotional outburst. The aftermath of her Romulan temper combined with her sub-par state. She tired so easily at that point in time, yet another element for her to be angry over. At least you're not hallucinating any more. Be thankful for that.

"And so I'm left without a choice in the matter," she said softly as she let out a heavy sigh.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 4:54 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The anger seemed to leech out of Archangel, replaced by defeat as she tired from her emotional outburst.  The aftermath of her Romulan temper combined with her sub-par state.  She tired so easily at that point in time, yet another element for her to be angry over.  At least you're not hallucinating any more.  Be thankful for that.

"And so I'm left without a choice in the matter," she said softly as she let out a heavy sigh.  

Thelos was having a very difficult time riding this emotional rollercoaster with Archange... if riding was even the right term. Clinging on for dear life seemed more accurate for the situation at hand.

Still, at the moment everuthing seemed to have calmed down a little bit. The doctor let out some of the built-up tension in his chest by breathing out heavily.

"I'm sorry, captain. It's only three days, and then you'll be free to walk all you want. A week after that and you can do anything at all. Crawl through jefferies tubes. Run a marathon by hopping on one foot for all it's worth. I just need your cooperation for that short amount of time."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:13 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Thelos was having a very difficult time riding this emotional rollercoaster with Archange... if riding was even the right term. Clinging on for dear life seemed more accurate for the situation at hand.

Still, at the moment everuthing seemed to have calmed down a little bit. The doctor let out some of the built-up tension in his chest by breathing out heavily.

"I'm sorry, captain. It's only three days, and then you'll be free to walk all you want. A  week after that and you can do anything at all. Crawl through jefferies tubes. Run a marathon by hopping on one foot for all it's worth. I just need your cooperation for that short amount of time."

Ten days. Ten days didn't sound all that long, right? But it was, and it would be. Archangel was well aware of how long that could and would feel. She was not and never had been one to stay down for any length of time.

"Three days is a long time, Thelos. A lot can happen in that time," she replied, rubbing her ridges. "A lot's happened in far less."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Ten days.  Ten days didn't sound all that long, right?  But it was, and it would be.  Archangel was well aware of how long that could and would feel.  She was not and never had been one to stay down for any length of time.

"Three days is a long time, Thelos.  A lot can happen in that time," she replied, rubbing her ridges.  "A lot's happened in far less."

Thelos had to nod in agreement. Especially with this ship, things seemed to go to hell in a handbasket within one hour, let alone three days. Bust... it wasn't something he was willing to budge on.

"I know. And like I've said, the idea of having to confine you to effective bed rest isn't appealing to me any more than it is to you." Because I'll never hear the end of it. "But it is necessary, and I wouldn't insist if it wasn't important."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:31 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Thelos had to nod in agreement. Especially with this ship, things seemed to go to hell in  a handbasket within one hour, let alone three days. Bust... it wasn't something he was willing to budge on.

"I know. And like I've said, the idea of having to confine you to effective bed rest isn't appealing to me any more than it is to you." Because I'll never hear the end of it. "But it is necessary, and I wouldn't insist if it wasn't important."

Archangel sighed once again, closing her eyes as she slumped forward, putting one elbow on her good knee so that she could rest her head on her hand.

"Then please, let's just get this over with."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:49 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel sighed once again, closing her eyes as she slumped forward, putting one elbow on her good knee so that she could rest her head on her hand.

"Then please, let's just get this over with."

Not for the first time, Thelos sighed in relief. Now that Arch had stopped arguing, he could actually begin. And a good thing, too. His assistants were already starting to turn up, and were giving him incredulous looks.

"Alright. Let's get you onto the biobed, and we'll begin," the Andorian said as he took a moment to arrange two small devices on the Romulan's forehead. He wouldn't activate them until she was laying down, but they would keep her under and monitor her brain actitivy while she was unconscious.

"Likely the next time we speak, the surgery will be over," Thelos said as he offered her an arm.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 5:57 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
Not for the first time, Thelos sighed in relief. Now that Arch had stopped arguing, he could actually begin. And a good thing, too. His assistants were already starting to turn up, and were giving him incredulous looks.

"Alright. Let's get you onto the biobed, and we'll begin," the Andorian said as he took a moment to arrange two small devices on the Romulan's forehead. He wouldn't activate them until she was laying down, but they would keep her under and monitor her brain actitivy while she was unconscious.

"Likely the next time we speak, the surgery will be over," Thelos said as he offered her an arm.

Archangel tensed as Thelos applied a cortical monitor and a delta wave inducer to her forehead, wanting to pull away but knowing that she shouldn't. Once they were secure, she let him help her up out of the chair and onto the biobed, grimacing as she moved her injured leg up onto the surface. She settled herself as much as she could given that she had never found these beds comfortable and looked over at the Andorian.

"See you in a couple of hours."

[Several hours later]

The Romulan blinked her eyes open as the delta wave inducer was switched off, allowing her to come back to consciousness. She lay still for a few moments letting her mental faculties come back up to operation after being asleep before she propped herself up on her elbows to look around.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 6:10 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel tensed as Thelos applied a cortical monitor and a delta wave inducer to her forehead, wanting to pull away but knowing that she shouldn't.  Once they were secure, she let him help her up out of the chair and onto the biobed, grimacing as she moved her injured leg up onto the surface.  She settled herself as much as she could given that she had never found these beds comfortable and looked over at the Andorian.

"See you in a couple of hours."

[Several hours later]

The Romulan blinked her eyes open as the delta wave inducer was switched off, allowing her to come back to consciousness.  She lay still for a few moments letting her mental faculties come back up to operation after being asleep before she propped herself up on her elbows to look around.

Thelos glanced over at the biobed over his shoulder after his antenna had detected movement behind him. He was just finishing sterilizing and sorting his tools, his red surgical garb removed and recycled back into the replicator.

"Ah, welcome back, Archangel. How do you feel?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]   The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Path to Reparation [Archangel/Thelos]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next