Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) Empty
PostSubject: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2014 2:05 pm

[USS Phoenix Crew Mess]

Leaning back, Gavin took a moment to study the crowds around him.  It was a fairly busy time, here between shifts...he wasn't much for psychology, but it was interesting to see the interactions.  The ship itself had barely been on assignment for only a short time, so many of the crewmembers were in the process of building new relationships, new friendships...or rekindling old ones.

Gavin sighed, taking a drink of his springwine.  It wasn't the real thing - he didn't have near the clearance to keep alcohol with him...but, the replicated stuff wasn't that bad.  Gavin had acquired a taste for the good stuff while on layover at Deep Space Nine.  There, the Ferengi barkeep wasn't beholden to Federation law, and could serve what he wanted.  

The pleasing buzz of the wine was a bit more enjoyable than focusing on the crapstorm that his life felt like, of late.  New life, new posting...lost relationship, god-knew-what kind of...familial? relationship with his possible timebomb of an Augment as CMO...yeah, the wine was more fun.

Taking another drink, Gavin waited for his Andorian...friend?  Was Thelos a friend?  He had no idea.  Honestly, Gavin was just ready to have a regular old conversation, without the insanity that had gone down while they had been stationed at the Athena.
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 4:26 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:
[USS Phoenix Crew Mess]

Leaning back, Gavin took a moment to study the crowds around him.  It was a fairly busy time, here between shifts...he wasn't much for psychology, but it was interesting to see the interactions.  The ship itself had barely been on assignment for only a short time, so many of the crewmembers were in the process of building new relationships, new friendships...or rekindling old ones.

Gavin sighed, taking a drink of his springwine.  It wasn't the real thing - he didn't have near the clearance to keep alcohol with him...but, the replicated stuff wasn't that bad.  Gavin had acquired a taste for the good stuff while on layover at Deep Space Nine.  There, the Ferengi barkeep wasn't beholden to Federation law, and could serve what he wanted.  

The pleasing buzz of the wine was a bit more enjoyable than focusing on the crapstorm that his life felt like, of late.  New life, new posting...lost relationship, god-knew-what kind of...familial? relationship with his possible timebomb of an Augment as CMO...yeah, the wine was more fun.

Taking another drink, Gavin waited for his Andorian...friend?  Was Thelos a friend?  He had no idea.  Honestly, Gavin was just ready to have a regular old conversation, without the insanity that had gone down while they had been stationed at the Athena.

With his quarters locked behind him, Thelos was off and trotting to the mess hall, where he was to meet with Doctor Van Gelder- someone he'd... met under unusual circumstances during the fiasco on starbase Athena. The events that transpired there were something Thelos hoped wouldn't be brought up too soon.

[crew mess]

The place was certainly busy, now wasn't it? It was too easy for someone as short as him to get lost in the crowd, so he made short time of finding the blueshirt he was looking for.

He spotted him somewhat off to the side, drinking a beverage he couldn't identify. Not for the first time, Thelos wished he had the rank for a real drink at the moment. Several short but quick steps carried him to Gavin's table.

"Hello," he greeted.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 22, 2014 11:39 pm

[Crew Mess]

"Hey, there," Gavin grinned, as Thelos approached the table. It was a shyer grin than it should have been, in truth...though, he'd not had a chance to sit down and talk with the Andorian doctor ever since the unholy crapstorm of madness that had enveloped their lives a few days ago, before the Phoenix had departed SB Athena.

Gesturing with his glass, Gav nodded to an empty chair. "Um. Good to see you," he said, his cheeks flushing with a small flood of color. Ugh. C'mon, Van Gelder! Tripping over your own tongue isn't going to help matters. "H-have a seat? I mean, have a seat." Gavin set his glass down, running his fingers through his hair with a rueful grin and a sigh. "Springwine? It's...it's not real, unfortunately. Bajoran, though. Really sweet."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 2:36 pm

[Crew Mess]

Thelos took a moment to eye the glass. Of course, he briefly considered the nutritional benefits of consuming it- which were quickly dismissed. He couldn't help it. "Oh, uh, certainly," he said. Damn it, now he was fumbling for words to say too. Seems the recollections of what happened on the starbase weren't about to leave him alone so easily.

Regardless, he took the offered seat. His antennae twitched slightly, a filler as he thought of something to say. It was how Andorians tended to fill awkward silences, but Gavin's head was remarkably antennae-less. Thelos imagined Gavin thought he was just being awkward.

This is awkward.

"Sweet, huh?" Things like Andorian ale tended to be a fair bit more bitter.

"Well, I'm not opposed to trying it... on a less alcohol-related note, how are you?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 30, 2014 4:23 pm

"Yep," Gavin said, glancing off to the side and downing the rest of his glass, for want of something to do. Taking up the bottle, Gav poured some in the other cup and moved it closer to where Thelos sat. "Can't be afraid to try new things, eh? That's a lot of the reason why we're out here, anyway," he grinned. Well. That's why *most* of us are here. Unless you're me. In that case, you get to play mole for Starfleet Medical. Joy.

He turned the cup around with his fingertips. "I'm alright, all things considered. Honestly, I'm still trying to piece together all the wackiness from the starbase." Taking another drink, Gavin nodded at it. "This really is good. Gonna have to try and get hooked up with some of the real stuff, as soon as possible." He glanced at the Andorian, smiling. "Been getting settled in to the ship?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 7:03 am

"Oh, we're all out here for the weird, it seems. New disease this, failed treaty that, somehow no one wants to stick to the status quo- whatever that is for us," the doctor said with a rolling gesture of his hand. Now that he'd sat down, his more sociable mannerisms seemed to be smoothing over their awkward greeting.

When Gavin mentioned that he was going to attempt to procure some actual liquor instead of the typical repli-mat synthale, he contained a laugh. "I promise not to mark that anywhere on your file," he assured with a smirk. Well, that was a bit more playful than I intended. Ice and wind, what's gotten into my mood? I'm not even drunk... Gah, no blushing allowed, either.

He pushed the thought to the side and moved on. "Well, it's still a process getting used to an actual sickbay again. I was off duty for so long that I'd almost forgotten what all the lovely sterilized air smells like." For a brief moment, his single antenna bent downward a bit as if struck but a less than pleasant memory. It quickly flicked back to its former position a second later.

"Yourself?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 8:33 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:
"Oh, we're all out here for the weird, it seems. New disease this, failed treaty that, somehow no one wants to stick to the status quo- whatever that is for us," the doctor said with a rolling gesture of his hand. Now that he'd sat down, his more sociable mannerisms seemed to be smoothing over their awkward greeting.

When Gavin mentioned that he was going to attempt to procure some actual liquor instead of the typical repli-mat synthale, he contained a laugh. "I promise not to mark that anywhere on your file," he assured with a smirk. Well, that was a bit more playful than I intended. Ice and wind, what's gotten into my mood? I'm not even drunk... Gah, no blushing allowed, either.

He pushed the thought to the side and moved on. "Well, it's still a process getting used to an actual sickbay again. I was off duty for so long that I'd almost forgotten what all the lovely sterilized air smells like." For a brief moment, his single antenna bent downward a bit as if struck but a less than pleasant memory. It quickly flicked back to its former position a second later.

"Yourself?"

"Oh, I'm doing well as can be," Gavin replied, smiling softly. It appeared that Thelos was starting to warm up a little...to come out of that shell, as it were. Gavin was watching closely, while trying to appear not to, to see if the Andorian's body language gave away any indication of apprehension in Gavin's presence. After all, he'd practically blurted out the fact that he found the blue doctor attractive, back during the spore stuff. They could yet be good friends, or maybe something more. Who knew? But...everything had to start somewhere?

And preferably not in a madness-haze induced by alien flora... Gav thought, taking another drink.

The mention of sickbay, and Thelos' twitching antenna, immediately let Gavin know that both were an issue...and inter-related, somehow. He knew that Thelos had lost one of his antenne during a hostile takeover of his old ship. The rest of the details weren't known to him, but were something Gavin would have to find out about, later. But not right now. It certainly wasn't the most pleasant of chit-chat subjects. Oh, please tell me about your tragically scarring life experience. Are you ordering from the menu, or going to the buffet?

Deciding to steer the conversation away from Thelos' injury, Gavin cocked an impish eyebrow. "So...what's it like working for Zero?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 12, 2014 11:17 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Oh, I'm doing well as can be," Gavin replied, smiling softly.  It appeared that Thelos was starting to warm up a little...to come out of that shell, as it were.  Gavin was watching closely, while trying to appear not to, to see if the Andorian's body language gave away any indication of apprehension in Gavin's presence.  After all, he'd practically blurted out the fact that he found the blue doctor attractive, back during the spore stuff.  They could yet be good friends, or maybe something more.  Who knew?  But...everything had to start somewhere?

And preferably not in a madness-haze induced by alien flora... Gav thought, taking another drink.  

The mention of sickbay, and Thelos' twitching antenna, immediately let Gavin know that both were an issue...and inter-related, somehow.  He knew that Thelos had lost one of his antenne during a hostile takeover of his old ship.  The rest of the details weren't known to him, but were something Gavin would have to find out about, later.  But not right now.  It certainly wasn't the most pleasant of chit-chat subjects.  Oh, please tell me about your tragically scarring life experience.  Are you ordering from the menu, or going to the buffet?

Deciding to steer the conversation away from Thelos' injury, Gavin cocked an impish eyebrow.  "So...what's it like working for Zero?"

In the brief pause, Thelos had taken ahold of his yet-untouched glass of springwine and taken a rather heavy sip- perhaps to chase whatever was left of that unpleasant thought train down his throat and out of conversation. It simply wasn't good etiquette to start pouring out painful memories to someone that you barely met. Ugh, that sounds like a terrible novel cliche.

A beat passed. Zero? What was it like working with the most hardhearted and icy CMO that probably ever graced the sickbay of a starship? "Truth be told," he said, "It's not really as bad as you'd think. I haven't spoken to her much, but I know she's... strict. Doesn't like things to be any way but hers."

That's her prerogative, I suppose.

"What about you? I've heard that you made a transfer from medical to science."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 6:37 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

In the brief pause, Thelos had taken ahold of his yet-untouched glass of springwine and taken a rather heavy sip- perhaps to chase whatever was left of that unpleasant thought train down his throat and out of conversation. It simply wasn't good etiquette to start pouring out painful memories to someone that you barely met. Ugh, that sounds like a terrible novel cliche.

A beat passed. Zero? What was it like working with the most hardhearted and icy CMO that probably ever graced the sickbay of a starship? "Truth be told," he said, "It's not really as bad as you'd think. I haven't spoken to her much, but I know she's... strict. Doesn't like things to be any way but hers."

That's her prerogative, I suppose.

"What about you? I've heard that you made a transfer from medical to science."

"Zero?" Gavin asked, pouring a little more of the springwine. "Aw. She's just a big ol' kitty cat, once you get to know her." He paused to take a small drink, giving a rueful grin as he set the glass back down. "Actually, you're right, she's just as liable to bite your throat out as to say 'hello'...but, I guess we all have our quirks...right?" Some people were just jerks. At least Zero had a very viable excuse for how she acted. And I don't blame her a bit.

Looking back down at the glass, Gavin continued to rotate it with his fingertips. "Yeah...well. I've always had an interest in science, and I'm also an accredited biochemist. So, it kinda worked out." He took another drink, quietly chastising himself. If you want to be closer to this person, then don't equivocate with him. Well, that much was true. "I...in truth, I did it mainly to thumb my nose at my family. My father in particular. I think having a Van Gelder not in Medical somewhere has gone over with him like a giant turd in a punchbowl." He snorted a little laugh. "Anyway. Why don't you tell me a little about yourself, Thelos? How did you come to be in the service?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 6:51 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Zero?" Gavin asked, pouring a little more of the springwine.  "Aw.  She's just a big ol' kitty cat, once you get to know her."  He paused to take a small drink, giving a rueful grin as he set the glass back down.  "Actually, you're right, she's just as liable to bite your throat out as to say 'hello'...but, I guess we all have our quirks...right?"  Some people were just jerks.  At least Zero had a very viable excuse for how she acted.  And I don't blame her a bit.

Looking back down at the glass, Gavin continued to rotate it with his fingertips.  "Yeah...well.  I've always had an interest in science, and I'm also an accredited biochemist.  So, it kinda worked out."  He took another drink, quietly chastising himself.  If you want to be closer to this person, then don't equivocate with him.  Well, that much was true.  "I...in truth, I did it mainly to thumb my nose at my family.  My father in particular.  I think having a Van Gelder not in Medical somewhere has gone over with him like a giant turd in a punchbowl."  He snorted a little laugh.  "Anyway.  Why don't you tell me a little about yourself, Thelos?  How did you come to be in the service?"

"Lieutenant Alpha probably has a secret amicable personality that no one knows about," Thelos speculated in jest. "All rainbows and soft laughs." Errr... that was stirring up a mental image that was equal parts terrifying and hilarious. th'Zhela thought it probably rude to start laughing at a superior officer's expense when she wasn't present, at least not the way that train of thought was leading.

He did laugh, but for a much better reason- somehow, Gavin's analogy struck him as very funny, and so he chuckled with the other man for a few moments. Your father should be pleased with whatever you do. It is of course your life...

Anyway.... "Well, to tell you the truth, I joined starfleet to escape some.... family drama. They wanted grandchildren... That just wasn't possible for me. They weren't happy with my decision to join starfleet either, but I knew what I wanted to do." Thelos felt odd, telling this all to a near stranger... then again, he'd always been of the opinion that strangers were just friends he hadn't met yet.

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 10:17 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

"Lieutenant Alpha probably has a secret amicable personality that no one knows about," Thelos speculated in jest. "All rainbows and soft laughs." Errr... that was stirring up a mental image that was equal parts terrifying and hilarious. th'Zhela thought it probably rude to start laughing at a superior officer's expense when she wasn't present, at least not the way that train of thought was leading.

He did laugh, but for a much better reason- somehow, Gavin's analogy struck him as very funny, and so he chuckled with the other man for a few moments. Your father should be pleased with whatever you do. It is of course your life...

Anyway.... "Well, to tell you the truth, I joined starfleet to escape some.... family drama. They wanted grandchildren... That just wasn't possible for me. They weren't happy with my decision to join starfleet either, but I knew what I wanted to do." Thelos felt odd, telling this all to a near stranger... then again, he'd always been of the opinion that strangers were just friends he hadn't met yet.

"Family drama..." Gavin said, swirling his springwine around in the glass. "Now...that is something we have in common, dear Thelos." He wondered exactly what all the Andorian meant by grandchildren not being possible. Oh well...that was the kind of conversation for later, when the pair knew each other better. And they would know one another better. Gavin decided from the get-go that he enjoyed the blue doctor's presence.

He was starting to feel the pleasant buzz from his springwine. It was only synthehol, though, and could be dispelled at will. Still...without much adrenaline pumping through him, it was fairly easy to maintain a mellow feeling. "I pretty much didn't have a choice about joining Starfleet," he said, pouring a little more. "It feels like my family's felt the need to play catch-up for a century, overcompensating for the sins of the past." Gav held the bottle toward Thelos. "Can I pour you some more?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 12:15 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Family drama..." Gavin said, swirling his springwine around in the glass.  "Now...that is something we have in common, dear Thelos."  He wondered exactly what all the Andorian meant by grandchildren not being possible.  Oh well...that was the kind of conversation for later, when the pair knew each other better.   And they would know one another better.  Gavin decided from the get-go that he enjoyed the blue doctor's presence.  

He was starting to feel the pleasant buzz from his springwine.  It was only synthehol, though, and could be dispelled at will.  Still...without much adrenaline pumping through him, it was fairly easy to maintain a mellow feeling.  "I pretty much didn't have a choice about joining Starfleet," he said, pouring a little more.  "It feels like my family's felt the need to play catch-up for a century, overcompensating for the sins of the past."  Gav held the bottle toward Thelos.  "Can I pour you some more?"

"That'd be great, thanks," the doctor replied to the offer. No harm in indulging, he figured. This wasn't a business meeting. The springwine was beginning to grow on him, come to think. He wondered what the real thing would be like to try.

Remind me to look for it too...

Oh, so he wasn't the only one with family drama. He'd been the opposite of shoved into starfleet, but he knew well enough about expectations from family. Just what did Gavin mean by sins of the past, though? Is it impolite to ask? he wondered. Probably.

"Whatever your family's done, I hope they don't expect you to pay for it," he said, rather boldly. "Although, starfleet would be missing a good officer if you hadn't joined up."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:21 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

"That'd be great, thanks," the doctor replied to the offer. No harm in indulging, he figured. This wasn't a business meeting. The springwine was beginning to grow on him, come to think. He wondered what the real thing would be like to try.

Remind me to look for it too...

Oh, so he wasn't the only one with family drama. He'd been the opposite of shoved into starfleet, but he knew well enough about expectations from family. Just what did Gavin mean by sins of the past, though? Is it impolite to ask? he wondered. Probably.

"Whatever your family's done, I hope they don't expect you to pay for it," he said, rather boldly. "Although, starfleet would be missing a good officer if you hadn't joined up."

Sliding the Andorian's glass closer, Gavin poured some more of the rose-colored liquid into it. There was a very slight brush of blue fingertips against his as he handed the glass off...so subtle, that Gavin wondered if he'd imagined the whole thing. Whatever it was, it sent a synthehol-warmed jolt through his arm and right into his brain. Woah, he thought, good thing this isn't the real stuff. I'd probably be spinning right now.

"Thanks," he said, for the compliment. "Though, I could put that right back on you. You...really kept your head, better than most of us, back during the Spore thing." It was still a little embarrassing, that whole incident. Gavin had come up with the astoundingly stupid idea of stealing the Phoenix, and had appealed to Zero's innate sense of superiority to help him. And he'd wanted to bring Thelos along, mainly because...well. He wasn't quite sure what the because was, there, but...he knew that he liked being around the Andorian. "As for my family, well...I'll make you a deal. If you want to swap 'wacky family' stories...I'll go first, and then you."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:28 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Sliding the Andorian's glass closer, Gavin poured some more of the rose-colored liquid into it.  There was a very slight brush of blue fingertips against his as he handed the glass off...so subtle, that Gavin wondered if he'd imagined the whole thing.  Whatever it was, it sent a synthehol-warmed jolt through his arm and right into his brain.  Woah, he thought, good thing this isn't the real stuff.  I'd probably be spinning right now.

"Thanks," he said, for the compliment.  "Though, I could put that right back on you.  You...really kept your head, better than most of us, back during the Spore thing."  It was still a little embarrassing, that whole incident.  Gavin had come up with the astoundingly stupid idea of stealing the Phoenix, and had appealed to Zero's innate sense of superiority to help him.  And he'd wanted to bring Thelos along, mainly because...well.  He wasn't quite sure what the because was, there, but...he knew that he liked being around the Andorian.  "As for my family, well...I'll make you a deal.  If you want to swap 'wacky family' stories...I'll go first, and then you."

Thelos hadn't missed the brief finger contact. It sent its own sort of zing up his hand. It was over so fast that Thelos barely registered it, but it had happened all the same. The Andorian adamantly refused to start blushing again, and covered by clearing his throat and taking a rather generous sip from his newly filled glass. Too large of a sip, he found, nearly choking on the slosh of springwine. Oops.

"Blah," he said aloud. Well, so much for sophistication. "I mean, uh... thanks," he said awkwardly. To be completely fair, he didn't know why he hadn't lost his mind like all the rest. Sure, he'd gotten a little upset, but nothing strong enough to make him want to hack a starship. "I'm going to just pass that praise onto my internal systems... it wasn't my doing, really. Don't feel bad for... anything that happened," he said as an afterthought, in a serious, calm voice. "Not like you had any choice."

The mood lightened and he had a laugh at the notion of crazy family stories. "Well, my family's not really crazy... pretty normal, actually... just not by starfleet or human standard," he admitted. "I'd love to hear about yours, though." His tone was back to being jovial.

Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:17 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos hadn't missed the brief finger contact. It sent its own sort of zing up his hand. It was over so fast that Thelos barely registered it, but it had happened all the same. The Andorian adamantly refused to start blushing again, and covered by clearing his throat and taking a rather generous sip from his newly filled glass. Too large of a sip, he found, nearly choking on the slosh of springwine. Oops.

"Blah," he said aloud. Well, so much for sophistication. "I mean, uh... thanks," he said awkwardly. To be completely fair, he didn't know why he hadn't lost his mind like all the rest. Sure, he'd gotten a little upset, but nothing strong enough to make him want to hack a starship. "I'm going to just pass that praise onto my internal systems... it wasn't my doing, really. Don't feel bad for... anything that happened," he said as an afterthought, in a serious, calm voice. "Not like you had any choice."

The mood lightened and he had a laugh at the notion of crazy family stories. "Well, my family's not really crazy... pretty normal, actually... just not by starfleet or human standard," he admitted. "I'd love to hear about yours, though." His tone was back to being jovial.

"I...I'm trying not to feel bad about it," Gavin said, after taking another drink. "From what I can find, the spores just enhanced underlying inhibitions. Things we were thinking...wanting to say, to do. I guess I'm a little excitable in my 'unrestrained' state," he said, grinning a little.

As the conversation turned back to families, Gavin couldn't help but notice how Thelos had ducked the question, and turned it back on him. Interesting, he thought. Gavin would have to get the Andorian to open up a little more, but...such bridges to one another weren't built in a day.

"Van Gelders go back a long way in the medical profession. One, in particular...my great-grandfather, to be exact...kinda...er," he stumbled, taking another drink. "He...tried to steal the Enterprise. Y'know...*the* Big E. Captain Kirk, Bones McCoy? Yeah. That one. Simon Van Gelder was betrayed by a colleage, Dr. Adams, of the Tantalus Colony. Adams destroyed my grandfather's mind, driving him insane with an infernal device. He was able to be cured, but...it was such a black mark on his career that Simon's life was never the same. And it instilled a damn inferiority complex in the Van Gelder line for generations afterward. Each subsequent one trying to achieve greater things. Each one trying to...erase the past, and the sin of Dr. Adams."

Sighing again, Gav idly turned the glass in his hands. "Driven. That would be the word to best describe my father...Dr. Marius Van Gelder. Driven, and ready to accept nothing but greatness from his children."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 8:26 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"I...I'm trying not to feel bad about it," Gavin said, after taking another drink.  "From what I can find, the spores just enhanced underlying inhibitions.  Things we were thinking...wanting to say, to do.  I guess I'm a little excitable in my 'unrestrained' state," he said, grinning a little.

As the conversation turned back to families, Gavin couldn't help but notice how Thelos had ducked the question, and turned it back on him.  Interesting, he thought.  Gavin would have to get the Andorian to open up a little more, but...such bridges to one another weren't built in a day.  

"Van Gelders go back a long way in the medical profession.  One, in particular...my great-grandfather, to be exact...kinda...er," he stumbled, taking another drink.  "He...tried to steal the Enterprise.  Y'know...*the* Big E.  Captain Kirk, Bones McCoy?  Yeah.  That one.  Simon Van Gelder was betrayed by a colleage, Dr. Adams, of the Tantalus Colony.  Adams destroyed my grandfather's mind, driving him insane with an infernal device.  He was able to be cured, but...it was such a black mark on his career that Simon's life was never the same.  And it instilled a damn inferiority complex in the Van Gelder line for generations afterward.  Each subsequent one trying to achieve greater things.  Each one trying to...erase the past, and the sin of Dr. Adams."

Sighing again, Gav idly turned the glass in his hands.  "Driven.  That would be the word to best describe my father...Dr. Marius Van Gelder.  Driven, and ready to accept nothing but greatness from his children."

"I think everyone did... A shame I didn't have any of those," he said, although sarcastically. He really couldn't see himself throwing himself at any of the other officers or crewmen like that, and he really didn't enjoy the thought of that prospect either. "Well, unless you count my inner turmoil in the medical office," the doctor added in a halfhearted attempt to nudge the conversation away from his love life- or lack thereof.

Blessedly, Thelos was able to just be quiet while Gavin went through one of the more interesting bits of his family history. He couldn't help it- an eyebrow shot up as his new friend detailed the destruction of someone else's mind. The thought was absolutely repulsive- and one of the main reasons he tended to hate the Romulan Tal Shiar, with their mind probes that had a similar effect.

The glass of springwine in the Andorian's hand was quickly half drained. Thelos made sure he remembered that not matter what doctor Adams had done, the blame didn't fall on any subsequent generations, and definitely not on Gavin.

As politely as possible, he said: "I... admire your fathers drive... but that's a bit unrealistic... must be stressful, right?" He didn't want to be rude- it was his father, after all.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 21, 2014 9:43 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

"I think everyone did... A shame I didn't have any of those," he said, although sarcastically. He really couldn't see himself throwing himself at any of the other officers or crewmen like that, and he really didn't enjoy the thought of that prospect either. "Well, unless you count my inner turmoil in the medical office," the doctor added in a halfhearted attempt to nudge the conversation away from his love life- or lack thereof.

Blessedly, Thelos was able to just be quiet while Gavin went through one of the more interesting bits of his family history. He couldn't help it- an eyebrow shot up as his new friend detailed the destruction of someone else's mind. The thought was absolutely repulsive- and one of the main reasons he tended to hate the Romulan Tal Shiar, with their mind probes that had a similar effect.

The glass of springwine in the Andorian's hand was quickly half drained. Thelos made sure he remembered that not matter what doctor Adams had done, the blame didn't fall on any subsequent generations, and definitely not on Gavin.

As politely as possible, he said: "I... admire your fathers drive... but that's a bit unrealistic... must be stressful, right?" He didn't want to be rude- it was his father, after all.

"Drive," Gavin said, pouring some more drink, "is a...diplomatic way to put it. I think he just acts like a jackass." He sipped the wine in a slow and deliberate manner, mulling over what Thelos had said a few seconds earlier about not having inhibitions. Gavin had been subtly trying to see what the Andorian had thought about his blatant flirting, back then. Apparently, the answer was 'not much'. Well? What did you expect? He probably thinks you're an idiot. Sighing inwardly, Gav frowned at his drink. Because I *am* an idiot.

He glanced back up at Thelos. "Yeah, you can say that it's stressful. Even moreso now that I've changed billets from Medical to Science." Gavin chuckled humorlessly. "You should have heard him yell. I don't think that I even needed subspace...I probably could have just heard it all the way from Earth."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 12:01 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Drive," Gavin said, pouring some more drink, "is a...diplomatic way to put it.  I think he just acts like a jackass."  He sipped the wine in a slow and deliberate manner, mulling over what Thelos had said a few seconds earlier about not having inhibitions.  Gavin had been subtly trying to see what the Andorian had thought about his blatant flirting, back then.  Apparently, the answer was 'not much'.  Well?  What did you expect?  He probably thinks you're an idiot.  Sighing inwardly, Gav frowned at his drink.  Because I *am* an idiot.

He glanced back up at Thelos.  "Yeah, you can say that it's stressful.  Even moreso now that I've changed billets from Medical to Science."  Gavin chuckled humorlessly.  "You should have heard him yell.  I don't think that I even needed subspace...I probably could have just heard it all the way from Earth."

Thelos swallowed tightly. Ok, well, maybe he wouldn't have used exactly those words to describe it... at least, not out loud. Truth be told he secretly was beginning to resent Gavin's father, even though he hadn't even met him. Who's place is it to give someone so much flak for a simple department switch? "That's... not fair," he said in a stilted voice. Oh, he knew well enough how badly a parent's disappointment could feel.

The Andorian laces both hands around his glass and took an awkward, time-consuming sip. On another note, Thelos was wondering if Gavin thought he thought badly of him for how he'd flirted on the Athena. If only I could word it right.... "Yeah, I just want to let you know that I'm beginning to like you a lot and was very flattered by your comments back there..." .... Iceballs... that won't go over well at all.

He cut right to that matter, regardless of how awkwardly it changed the subject. "Uh, so... I wanted to tell you that.. that I don't think anything you said... on the Athena... well, that it was weird." You awkward son of a bitch.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2014 9:19 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos swallowed tightly. Ok, well, maybe he wouldn't have used exactly those words to describe it... at least, not out loud. Truth be told he secretly was beginning to resent Gavin's father, even though he hadn't even met him. Who's place is it to give someone so much flak for a simple department switch? "That's... not fair," he said in a stilted voice. Oh, he knew well enough how badly a parent's disappointment could feel.

The Andorian laces both hands around his glass and took an awkward, time-consuming sip. On another note, Thelos was wondering if Gavin thought he thought badly of him for how he'd flirted on the Athena. If only I could word it right.... "Yeah, I just want to let you know that I'm beginning to like you a lot and was very flattered by your comments back there..." .... Iceballs... that won't go over well at all.

He cut right to that matter, regardless of how awkwardly it changed the subject. "Uh, so... I wanted to tell you that.. that I don't think anything you said... on the Athena... well, that it was weird." You awkward son of a bitch.

Leaning back in his seat, Gavin watched surreptitiously as Thelos seemed to take the longest sip in history. If War and Peace were a sip, Thelos would be authoring it. What was going on in that beautiful brain of his? Probably thinking of an excuse to do anything else but sit here awkwardly with you, Gavin thought, opening his mouth to give the Andorian an out. Perhaps he had work to do somewhere, or -

Gavin's mouth closed with an audible clk as Thelos' quiet voice finally broke the silence. "What I said?" he asked, his mouth outpacing his brain. Well. This was...better...than Gavin had originally hoped for. "Oh...that's...that's good," Gav said, laughing nervously. "It was a crazy time, yeah, but...I'm glad you don't think I'm some kind of weirdo."

He picked up his glass, swirling the springwine around in it. The crew mess had suddenly started to feel rather warm, but Gavin didn't send the mental signals to his physiology to dispel the synthehol buzz. No, he was enjoying it all too well. And...he'd need it, to keep his courage up. "Hey...do you wanna go for, like...a walk? Or something?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2014 11:41 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Leaning back in his seat, Gavin watched surreptitiously as Thelos seemed to take the longest sip in history.  If War and Peace were a sip, Thelos would be authoring it.  What was going on in that beautiful brain of his?  Probably thinking of an excuse to do anything else but sit here awkwardly with you, Gavin thought, opening his mouth to give the Andorian an out.  Perhaps he had work to do somewhere, or -

Gavin's mouth closed with an audible clk as Thelos' quiet voice finally broke the silence.  "What I said?" he asked, his mouth outpacing his brain.  Well.  This was...better...than Gavin had originally hoped for.  "Oh...that's...that's good," Gav said, laughing nervously.  "It was a crazy time, yeah, but...I'm glad you don't think I'm some kind of weirdo."  

He picked up his glass, swirling the springwine around in it.  The crew mess had suddenly started to feel rather warm, but Gavin didn't send the mental signals to his physiology to dispel the synthehol buzz.  No, he was enjoying it all too well.  And...he'd need it, to keep his courage up.  "Hey...do you wanna go for, like...a walk?  Or something?"

Thelos was entirely certain that he as making an idiot of himself. Gavin's oddly halted reply was interpreted by him as such and he wanted to bury his face in his hands or disappear entirely. Maybe I shouldn't have waited so damn long to try this stuff... ugh.

"Oh, no, not at all... I just figured it was all the spores talking... well, we didn't know it was the spores then, of course, but uh..." Stop talking. Thelos was very much trying to see if it really was just the spores or not... signs were pointing to not, and he was feeling a weird mixture of synthehol elation mixed with heavy trepidation.

"A walk?" he said awkwardly. He looked around the mildly crowded room. It was getting a bit... warm in here. Much too warm for Thelos, who kept his quarters hovering at around 4 degrees Celsius most of the time.

"That sounds.. great, actually," he said, standing up far to quickly. You look way too eager.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 06, 2014 8:06 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos was entirely certain that he as making an idiot of himself. Gavin's oddly halted reply was interpreted by him as such and he wanted to bury his face in his hands or disappear entirely. Maybe I shouldn't have waited so damn long to try this stuff... ugh.

"Oh, no, not at all... I just figured it was all the spores talking... well, we didn't know it was the spores then, of course, but uh..." Stop talking. Thelos was very much trying to see if it really was just the spores or not... signs were pointing to not, and he was feeling a weird mixture of synthehol elation mixed with heavy trepidation.

"A walk?" he said awkwardly. He looked around the mildly crowded room. It was getting a bit... warm in here. Much too warm for Thelos, who kept his quarters hovering at around 4 degrees Celsius most of the time.

"That sounds.. great, actually," he said, standing up far to quickly. You look way too eager.

Well. Gavin was pretty damn sure it wasn't just the spores talking, but he decided to just let that topic ride. There wasn't any real use to keep working at the point. Though, hopefully we can come back to it...

"Alright," Gavin grinned, standing up to his feet. The pleasing buzz of the synthehol made the room flutter a little bit...or maybe that was his brain. Or my heart, he thought, immediately embarrassed at the pure cheese of the line, and glad he didn't say it out loud. "Umm...I have an idea!"

[Corridors]

A somewhat-goofy grin stayed plastered on Gavin's face as he walked with Thelos through the halls. He was pretty sure he couldn't pry it off with a crowbar. Granted, Gavin had no idea what end of a crowbar to even use. He was a scientist, not an engineer.

Soon enough, Deck Nine came up, and Gavin looked up and down the hall. "Senior officer quarters are here, too. Let's hope we don't see one...or else they might put us to work or something," he giggled, motioning for Thelos to follow him into the wide expanse of one of the Stellar Cartography labs.

Gavin keyed in a few commands, dropping the lights and enveloping the room into darkness. "Hope you don't mind the dark," he purred, smirking puckishly as holographic star maps filled the space around them. Reaching up, Gavin gently laid a hand on the doctor's shoulder. "I...I wanna see Andoria."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 8:09 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Well.  Gavin was pretty damn sure it wasn't just the spores talking, but he decided to just let that topic ride.  There wasn't any real use to keep working at the point.  Though, hopefully we can come back to it...

"Alright," Gavin grinned, standing up to his feet.  The pleasing buzz of the synthehol made the room flutter a little bit...or maybe that was his brain.  Or my heart, he thought, immediately embarrassed at the pure cheese of the line, and glad he didn't say it out loud.  "Umm...I have an idea!"

[Corridors]

A somewhat-goofy grin stayed plastered on Gavin's face as he walked with Thelos through the halls.  He was pretty sure he couldn't pry it off with a crowbar.  Granted, Gavin had no idea what end of a crowbar to even use.  He was a scientist, not an engineer.

Soon enough, Deck Nine came up, and Gavin looked up and down the hall.  "Senior officer quarters are here, too.  Let's hope we don't see one...or else they might put us to work or something," he giggled, motioning for Thelos to follow him into the wide expanse of one of the Stellar Cartography labs.

Gavin keyed in a few commands, dropping the lights and enveloping the room into darkness.  "Hope you don't mind the dark," he purred, smirking puckishly as holographic star maps filled the space around them.  Reaching up, Gavin gently laid a hand on the doctor's shoulder.  "I...I wanna see Andoria."

[Corridors]

Thelos clambered along after Gavin. He wasn't exactly having to lose his breath to keep up with him this time- he wondered if he'd taken notice and done this intentionally, or whether he was far too happy to think about having to trot to match Gavin's steady walk.

He felt a lot more elated than he had in a long while, especially after the tough counseling and then the crapstorm on the Athena. It didn't take a genius for him to realize that a big reason he was so happy was his present company.

[Stellar Cartography Lab 3]

When Gavin tugged him into a room and darkened it, his antenna ran its normal course of 'mapping' the room in front of him with vaguely sonar-like signals. It was disappointingly dull in comparison to what it used to be before he lost an antenna, but he'd had to get used to it- much like everything else.

Gavin couldn't see it, but Thelos's face turned a distinct purple. He most certainly didn't mind the dark. Not right now, anyway. He titled his chin upwards as the specks of a thousand stars gave the room a dull glow, enough for him to see Gavin again, or at least his silhouette. Ah, there you are again...

"Don't vanish on me," he said offhandedly. He wasn't startled by the hand on his shoulder... but it did bring back the sort of zing he'd felt back in the mess hall. Gavin's request surprised Thelos, but he didn't protest. Andoria? Why would you want to see... don't ask, don't mess this up.

Without a word, he nodded before turning to a nearby console. He wasn't a science officer, but it didn't take him too long to input the coordinates. The stars re-arranged themselves, zooming in on one point and bringing it front and center. Within a few seconds, a blue, ringed gaseous planet was in view, with two moons- one large and one very small- orbiting around it. A few more presses to the console and it was the larger moon that became the slowly orbiting center of attention.

"That... would be Andoria," Thelos said with a hand gesture. From this distance, it looked like a large ball of ice with swirling clouds and brilliant shades of blue and grey- which, really wasn't that far off from the truth. Thelos had always thought it was beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 5:21 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

[Corridors]

Thelos clambered along after Gavin. He wasn't exactly having to lose his breath to keep up with him this time- he wondered if he'd taken notice and done this intentionally, or whether he was far too happy to think about having to trot to match Gavin's steady walk.

He felt a lot more elated than he had in a long while, especially after the tough counseling and then the crapstorm on the Athena. It didn't take a genius for him to realize that a big reason he was so happy was his present company.

[Stellar Cartography Lab 3]

When Gavin tugged him into a room and darkened it, his antenna ran its normal course of 'mapping' the room in front of him with vaguely sonar-like signals. It was disappointingly dull in comparison to what it used to be before he lost an antenna, but he'd had to get used to it- much like everything else.

Gavin couldn't see it, but Thelos's face turned a distinct purple. He most certainly didn't mind the dark. Not right now, anyway. He titled his chin upwards as the specks of a thousand stars gave the room a dull glow, enough for him to see Gavin again, or at least his silhouette. Ah, there you are again...

"Don't vanish on me," he said offhandedly. He wasn't startled by the hand on his shoulder... but it did bring back the sort of zing he'd felt back in the mess hall. Gavin's request surprised Thelos, but he didn't protest. Andoria? Why would you want to see... don't ask, don't mess this up.

Without a word, he nodded before turning to a nearby console. He wasn't a science officer, but it didn't take him too long to input the coordinates. The stars re-arranged themselves, zooming in on one point and bringing it front and center. Within a few seconds, a blue, ringed gaseous planet was in view, with two moons- one large and one very small- orbiting around it. A few more presses to the console and it was the larger moon that became the slowly orbiting center of attention.

"That... would be Andoria," Thelos said with a hand gesture. From this distance, it looked like a large ball of ice with swirling clouds and brilliant shades of blue and grey- which, really wasn't that far off from the truth. Thelos had always thought it was beautiful.

[Stellar Cartography]

"Not planning on going anywhere," Gavin grinned, chuckling a little at Thelos mentioning him disappearing. The Andorian doctor tended to be reserved and quiet, but he had a wonderful sense of humor. It was something that Gavin had enjoyed discovering, so far. I'd love to keep right on discovering, he thought, enjoying the fact that the two of them were standing very, very close.

Gavin's eyes adjusted to the fluctuating holgraphic images of the swirling, floating worlds of Andoria. He was familar with most worlds of the Federation, recalling his Intro to UFP 101 course. Still, it was nice to have a local guide. He stood slightly behind Thelos, reaching over the shorter man's shoulder to touch the moon of Andoria, enlarging the image. "It's...beautiful," he breathed, vividly aware of how close the two were. "I'd show you Earth, but...uh...I'm sure you've already been there," he joked, laughing weakly. "But I'm sure there's plenty you haven't seen. We --"

Suddenly, the doors slid open, filling the chamber with ambient light from the hallway. A confused-looking trio of ensigns holding padds stood there, blinking. "Um," one said, "we...um...didn't know this was in use..."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 6:00 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

[Stellar Cartography]

"Not planning on going anywhere," Gavin grinned, chuckling a little at Thelos mentioning him disappearing.  The Andorian doctor tended to be reserved and quiet, but he had a wonderful sense of humor.  It was something that Gavin had enjoyed discovering, so far.  I'd love to keep right on discovering, he thought, enjoying the fact that the two of them were standing very, very close.

Gavin's eyes adjusted to the fluctuating holgraphic images of the swirling, floating worlds of Andoria.  He was familar with most worlds of the Federation, recalling his Intro to UFP 101 course.  Still, it was nice to have a local guide.  He stood slightly behind Thelos, reaching over the shorter man's shoulder to touch the moon of Andoria, enlarging the image.  "It's...beautiful," he breathed, vividly aware of how close the two were.  "I'd show you Earth, but...uh...I'm sure you've already been there," he joked, laughing weakly.  "But I'm sure there's plenty you haven't seen.  We --"

Suddenly, the doors slid open, filling the chamber with ambient light from the hallway.  A confused-looking trio of ensigns holding padds stood there, blinking.  "Um," one said, "we...um...didn't know this was in use..."

[Stellar Cartography]

More than he would like to admit, Thelos was enjoying Gavin's proximity as he looked over the Andorian's slowly orbiting homeworld. It was also making him quite happy to hear Gavin ramble about earth. He was about to make a comment that he'd like to take a look at the blue marble planet anyway.

Before Thelos could even get a single word in, however, the two were interrupted. The Andorian's heart jumped before he flushed a shade that rivaled any blushing he'd ever done before. In fact, he was pretty sure he'd be flushed a proper royal purple for a solid week.

He just never expected to be intteruped, least of all when he was on what was probably the closest thing to a date that he'd ever been on in his life. He offered a blustered apology to the bewildered officers, before hastily shutting down the holo-projector.

"Right, sorry, uh..." Without another word, Thelos seized Gavin's hand and tugged him out of the lab with surprising speed, avoiding heartily any eye contact with the ensigns, who were lightly snickering by the time the duo existed the door.

[Corridor]

"Well... I... didn't expect that," Thelos said, completely unprofessionally.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 17, 2014 7:26 pm

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

[Stellar Cartography]

More than he would like to admit, Thelos was enjoying Gavin's proximity as he looked over the Andorian's slowly orbiting homeworld. It was also making him quite happy to hear Gavin ramble about earth. He was about to make a comment that he'd like to take a look at the blue marble planet anyway.

Before Thelos could even get a single word in, however, the two were interrupted. The Andorian's heart jumped before he flushed a shade that rivaled any blushing he'd ever done before. In fact, he was pretty sure he'd be flushed a proper royal purple for a solid week.

He just never expected to be intteruped, least of all when he was on what was probably the closest thing to a date that he'd ever been on in his life. He offered a blustered apology to the bewildered officers, before hastily shutting down the holo-projector.

"Right, sorry, uh..." Without another word, Thelos seized Gavin's hand and tugged him out of the lab with surprising speed, avoiding heartily any eye contact with the ensigns, who were lightly snickering  by the time the duo existed the door.

[Corridor]

"Well... I... didn't expect that," Thelos said, completely unprofessionally.

[Cartography]

Rolling his eyes, Gavin cut a glare at the trio of officers that could have caused a hull breach. Even though he didn't outrank any of them. Hopefully, they wouldn't notice. "Um? Don't they teach people how to knock at the Academy, anymore?" Never mind that he was so fresh out of SFA that he still smelled like dining hall food.

[Corridors]

The doors to Stellar Cartography sealed shut behind them, leaving the ensigns to their amusement. Gavin wondered if he could just, maybe...open an airlock and walk around outside the ship for a while.

"Well..." Poor Thelos' face was still changing various shades of purple. Gavin gave a happy smile as he realized that the Andorian was still holding on to his hand. In a way, he was afraid to draw attention to it, lest Thelos also realize it and let go and...and...

For God's sake, Gavin, he thought, would you get a hold of yourself? "So, sometimes my ideas aren't the best."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)   Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blue Monday (Gavin/Thelos)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next