Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Sciences
Best Couple
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) Empty
PostSubject: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 11:56 pm

[USS Phoenix - Mess Hall]

Stretching his lanky limbs, Gavin felt a satisfying pop. He reminded himself to ask Thelos for one of his wonderful back rubs. The man had positively magical fingertips. Not that Gav wasn't above faking needing the thereputic benefits of a massage just to feel Thelos' hands on him...

Gavin grinned and sipped his water, idly scrolling through a padd of data. He was a bit early, but he'd invited his department's newest crewmember, one Ensign Julia Rellek, to a small get-together lunch. Thelos, of course, had been invited as well. From what Gav knew of the girl, she seemed nice. This would, he hoped, give him a better chance to get to know her. Knowing how politics'll keep my ass an ensign until I die, she'll probably be my department head in a few months... he thought, taking another drink, and wishing it was something stronger than water.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 12:33 pm

[USS Phoenix - Mess Hall]

Julia was on the smaller side of average build. On the skinny side and rather unassuming. She is quite often underestimated. Not only had she excelled in Science but she also scored near the top of her class in combat operations and hand-to-hand combat training. She found her unassuming presence suited her. Throughout her training and education she was constantly surprising her peers and professors. She was hoping things on the Phoenix would be the same.

Julia entered the mess hall and in her peripheral vision she caught the eye of a tall lanky young ensign at a far table on her left wearing a blue uniform. They had spoke via communiqué however they had yet to meet in person. She gave him a slight nod to aknowledge that she had seen him and made her way to the replicator to grab her lunch. I could just skip the meal and head straight for dessert. She thought to herself. Julia has always had a passion for dessert, cheesecake in particular, but she decided that probably wasn't the ideal meal. "Tomato soup warm and coffee black." She said. Her meal quickly materialized in front of her. She immediately picked up the coffee and carefully held it with both hands as if it were fragile. She took a sip and instant relief overcame her. An audible sound of pleasure escaped. Now that's the stuff! She thought. Julia loved coffee. It was quite possibly her favorite pastime.

Julia took her soup and coffee to the table in the corner. She set them on the table across from Gavin and before she sat down she smiled and extended her right hand to Gavin and said; "Ensign Van Gelder I presume? Ensign Julia Rellek; pleasure to meet you."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 9:02 pm

Gavin smiled as who he assumed was Julia came into the mess hall. At least, she looked a hell of lot like her file photo. He slipped up out of the chair, moving over to the replicator to make a turkey club and iced tea.

"Hey," Gavin grinned, returning the handshake as he made it back to the table. "Van Gelder, the one and only. Actually...there are quite a few of us, but I'm the only one on the ship, and...I'm just gonna shut up, now." Gavin just barely avoided having his cheeks flush, but they were on the edge. "Ah. Have a seat?" Of course she should have a seat, idiot, he thought. You're not going to eat standing up. "Thelos should be joining us soon, too."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 9:30 pm

Julia smiled as she shook Gavin's hand and took her seat. Her first impressions of Gavin found him to be clumsy with his words, however, he seemed to be a nice individual. Julia was genuinely excited for this meeting. Knowing that the three of them, especially Gavin, would be working so closely together she believed this meeting would be critical for team-building. They would be solving big issues and working on research together.

"I have been looking forward to this all day. I have been eager to meet you and Thelos. We will definitely be working closely throughout this assignment. Thank you so much for the invitation Gavin. I hope you don't mind if I call you Gavin?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia smiled as she shook Gavin's hand and took her seat. Her first impressions of Gavin found him to be clumsy with his words, however, he seemed to be a nice individual. Julia was genuinely excited for this meeting. Knowing that the three of them, especially Gavin, would be working so closely together she believed this meeting would be critical for team-building. They would be solving big issues and working on research together.

"I have been looking forward to this all day. I have been eager to meet you and Thelos. We will definitely be working closely throughout this assignment. Thank you so much for the invitation Gavin. I hope you don't mind if I call you Gavin?"

"Of course you can call me Gavin," he replied, grinning somewhat-boyishly, "if I can call you Julia." Taking a sip of his tea, Gavin leaned back in the chair a little bit, keeping an eye out for Thelos. "So. What do you think of the Phoenix so far? I'm guessing that this is your first long-term starship assignment."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 10:08 pm

"You are certainly welcome call me Julia" she said. Julia picked up her coffee and took a sip. She smiled as she set the cup down. "The Phoenix is a beautiful vessel. I can't wait to see the research labs. Perhaps we could schedule a tour at some point." Julia was obviously eager to see the labs. She was so accustomed to working on research stations she was worried that the labs on the Phoenix would be under-equipped compared to the labs she was used to. At that point Julia had to remind herself that her job was now on the bridge and she would no longer be spending long weeks sheltered in labs.

"You are correct Gavin. This is my first deep space assignment. In fact this is my first assignment on a vessel of any kind. I graduated the academy 2 years ago and have been stationed on 2 different research stations; Jupiter Station and The G7 outpost. On Jupiter Station I served on a small team studying cosmology; specifically possible energy sources for the Big Bang; and on G7 I served as a Junior Science Officer. I am very excited to spend some time on the frontlines exploring. How about you Gavin? How long have you been on the Phoenix?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:11 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
"You are certainly welcome call me Julia" she said. Julia picked up her coffee and took a sip. She smiled as she set the cup down. "The Phoenix is a beautiful vessel. I can't wait to see the research labs. Perhaps we could schedule a tour at some point." Julia was obviously eager to see the labs. She was so accustomed to working on research stations she was worried that the labs on the Phoenix would be under-equipped compared to the labs she was used to. At that point Julia had to remind herself that her job was now on the bridge and she would no longer be spending long weeks sheltered in labs.

"You are correct Gavin. This is my first deep space assignment. In fact this is my first assignment on a vessel of any kind. I graduated the academy 2 years ago and have been stationed on 2 different research stations; Jupiter Station and The G7 outpost. On Jupiter Station I served on a small team studying cosmology; specifically possible energy sources for the Big Bang; and on G7 I served as a Junior Science Officer. I am very excited to spend some time on the frontlines exploring. How about you Gavin? How long have you been on the Phoenix?"

Gav nodded along as Julia ran down the list of her prior assignments. It was quite an impressive spread, to be honest. She seemed like she had a solid background before being placed shipboard. He took a big bite of his turkey sandwich, chewing it thoughtfully while thinking of his past assignments. There weren't many, considering the accelerated track he'd taken straight out of the academy.

"I've only...recently switched over from medical to sciences. I'm officially billeted as a biologist, and I haven't been here that long. About a little over seven months, I guess, using old-style reckoning." It was hard to believe that it had been so short a time, with everything that had happened to him. "I focused on medicine at the Academy, actually," he said, glancing down at his glass of tea. "But here I am in sciences. Reasons," Gavin smiled, shrugging and taking another drink. "If it's research you're interested in, then you're on the right ship. A Nebula is built for it."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 11:16 pm

[Mes Hall]

After he'd finished a patient report for the databanks, Thelos had finally gotten out of sickbay and on his way towards the Mess hall. He was supposed to meet a young new officer for the science division with Gavin, and he didn't really want to be any later than he already was. He didn't know much about the newbie, other than that she'd transferred very recently and that her medical files had barely been delivered to the ship's database.

Thankfully he didn't have to search for someone unfamiliar to him- he spotted her easily once he located Gavin. He figured he'd grab something to eat once he'd introduced himself. The Andorian made his way quickly over with a light bounce to his step. He smiled at Gavin sheepishly, the looked at Julia. "Sorry for being late," he said immediately. "Got hung up. You must be Ensign Rellek."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 12:51 am

[Mess Hall]

While Gavin took Julia through his assignment she had begun to work on her soup. The soup seemed to lack flavor. She gently pushed the soup aside and pulled her coffee closer in. She looked up from her coffee as Gavin finished speaking. "Sounds like our expertise will complement each other well in the Science Department." She stated matter-of-factly. "Hopefully we are able to come across some tough challenges. We will be a dynamic team." Julia said as a smile slowly appeared on her face.

Julia's attention quickly shifted to a short Andorian who had just entered the mess hall and was heading directly for their table. Must be Thelos she thought. As he approached the table Julia stood to acknowledge the Doctor. "Yes, you found me." She chuckled at her half-hearted attempt at a joke. "Dr. Th'Zhela I presume? Pleasure to meet you." Julia extended her hand.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:18 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thankfully he didn't have to search for someone unfamiliar to him- he spotted her easily once he located Gavin. He figured he'd grab something to eat once he'd introduced himself. The Andorian made his way quickly over with a light bounce to his step. He smiled at Gavin sheepishly, the looked at Julia. "Sorry for being late," he said immediately. "Got hung up. You must be Ensign Rellek."

Julia Rellek wrote:
Julia's attention quickly shifted to a short Andorian who had just entered the mess hall and was heading directly for their table. Must be Thelos she thought. As he approached the table Julia stood to acknowledge the Doctor. "Yes, you found me." She chuckled at her half-hearted attempt at a joke. "Dr. Th'Zhela I presume? Pleasure to meet you." Julia extended her hand.

Gavin opened his mouth to say something, but quickly shut it when he saw a blue form moving carefully through the slight crowd of the mess hall. "Hey, Thel," he grinned, not caring how goofy it made him look. There was always a considerable amount of light-headedness when the Andorian was concerned. Gavin gave him a quick peck on the cheek. Nothing too ostentatious - he knew that the doctor wasn't given to overt public displays - but a boyfriend could take certain liberties, couldn't he?

"You're not too late, I've only just arrived," he said, sitting back down. "Ensign Rellek and I have just been swapping duty stories, though she's got me beaten in the 'interesting assignments' department."
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 1:18 am

Julia Rellek wrote:
[Mess Hall]

While Gavin took Julia through his assignment she had begun to work on her soup. The soup seemed to lack flavor. She gently pushed the soup aside and pulled her coffee closer in. She looked up from her coffee as Gavin finished speaking. "Sounds like our expertise will complement each other well in the Science Department." She stated matter-of-factly. "Hopefully we are able to come across some tough challenges. We will be a dynamic team." Julia said as a smile slowly appeared on her face.

Thelos laughed lightly along with the Ensign out of politeness. "Yes, that's me. Resident blue doctor at your service," the Andorian replied. Science and medical would be working closely together as always, so Thelos was keen on getting to know Julia from a professional standpoint as well as a personal one.

He sat down after that and let himself smile a bit more at Gavin's affections. He was still getting used to that. "Oh, have you? Science is a big field. There's something interesting for everyone."

"Have I missed any riveting bits of information otherwise?" he asked, folding his fingers together.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 8:07 pm

[Mess Hall]

Julia smiled as Thelos noted he was the resident blue doctor. "No Doctor, you haven't missed much. I was just telling Gavin about my previous assignments in research. Although, you have probably already received my medical records so you quite possibly know more about me then I know about myself." Julia chuckled but given the amount of psychological data within that report Julia knew it was likely true.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2015 10:49 pm

"I think the good doctor knows more about any of us than we know about ourselves," Gavin beamed, leaning back in the chair a little bit and giving his boyfriend a particularly devilish look. "I sometimes wonder if he isn't Aenar." He took a sip of his drink, settling the chair back down on four legs. It'd be just his luck to go tumbling to the damn floor in front of everyone. "So Julia...are you from Earth?"
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:12 am

"Yes Gavin." Julia stated as she sipped on her coffee. "I grew up on earth with my father, Dr. Douglas Rellek." Julia wasn't prone to name dropping but normally people don't know that her father was head of Starfleet Medical for two years. However, given that both Thelos and Gavin have a background in medical they likely already knew. "I lived in San Francisco for most of my life." How about you guys? Where do you hail from?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 2:20 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:
"Yes Gavin." Julia stated as she sipped on her coffee. "I grew up on earth with my father, Dr. Douglas Rellek." Julia wasn't prone to name dropping but normally people don't know that her father was head of Starfleet Medical for two years. However, given that both Thelos and Gavin have a background in medical they likely already knew. "I lived in San Francisco for most of my life." How about you guys? Where do you hail from?"  

Gavin drummed his fingertips on the table, a light of recognition flashing in his eyes. "Oh! Dr. Rellek! I know him. Er, well, I don't know know him, but I know the name. I practically grew up around Starfleet Medical," he said, taking a bite of his sandwich. Gavin wondered if Julia was older or younger than he was, but he wasn't about to go asking her that. Even in the 24th century, some things still weren't polite.

"I'm from Canada. Hamilton, actually, but like I said, I grew up around Medical. Dad's Dr. Marius Van Gelder, he's worked at SFM Headquarters for probably twenty-five years, now. I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we had bumped into each other as kids, at some point..."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 2:47 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin drummed his fingertips on the table, a light of recognition flashing in his eyes.  "Oh!  Dr. Rellek!  I know him.  Er, well, I don't know know him, but I know the name.  I practically grew up around Starfleet Medical," he said, taking a bite of his sandwich.  Gavin wondered if Julia was older or younger than he was, but he wasn't about to go asking her that.  Even in the 24th century, some things still weren't polite.

"I'm from Canada.  Hamilton, actually, but like I said, I grew up around Medical.  Dad's Dr. Marius Van Gelder, he's worked at SFM Headquarters for probably twenty-five years, now.  I honestly wouldn't be surprised if we had bumped into each other as kids, at some point..."

When Gavin mentioned Starfleet Medical her mind quickly wandered to her father. All these years and she can't believe how much she still missed him. He was truly the source of all of Julia's passion and curiosity. Gavin got Julia thinking about all of the conferences and symposiums that her father had always drug her to. She always said that she didn't want to go with him but the truth was she always wanted go. She learned so much at those events. It wasn't until she was older that she began to appreciate everything her father had done for her. The education that he imparted o her.

Julia chuckled at Gavin's remarks. "We probably ran into each other on more then one occasion. Did your father use to drag you to all of those symposiums? The Magic of the Klingon Renal System... Julia said sarcastically while beginning to laugh. "My father took me to everything with him. Whether it was Vulcan Romulan comparative anatomy. or Trill Adrenal Gland; Friend or Foe. Julia laughed as she recited a couple of the events she had attended as a child. She began to realize that her and Gavin had far more in common then she initially believed. She began to sense a beautiful friendship developing.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:06 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

When Gavin mentioned Starfleet Medical her mind quickly wandered to her father. All these years and she can't believe how much she still missed him. He was truly the source of all of Julia's passion and curiosity. Gavin got Julia thinking about all of the conferences and symposiums that her father had always drug her to. She always said that she didn't want to go with him but the truth was she always wanted go. She learned so much at those events. It wasn't until she was older that she began to appreciate everything her father had done for her. The education that he imparted o her.

Julia chuckled at Gavin's remarks. "We probably ran into each other on more then one occasion. Did your father use to drag you to all of those symposiums? The Magic of the Klingon Renal System... Julia said sarcastically while beginning to laugh. "My father took me to everything with him. Whether it was Vulcan Romulan comparative anatomy. or Trill Adrenal Gland; Friend or Foe. Julia laughed as she recited a couple of the events she had attended as a child. She began to realize that her and Gavin had far more in common then she initially believed. She began to sense a beautiful friendship developing.

"Oh yes," Gavin grinned. "I remember them all quite well. Especially old Torak. Every time dad dragged me to one of that Vulcan's symposiums, I thought about faking a case of the Andorian shingles! No offense," he said, winking at their present company. "I swear, I think Torak was three hundred years old. I heard they built a monument to him on SF Med's grounds, but it's just a blank wall. That way, he can go on boring people until the end of time..."

It was fun talking about old times, even though the life of a medical officer was not an option that was available to him anymore.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:30 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"Oh yes," Gavin grinned.  "I remember them all quite well.  Especially old Torak.  Every time dad dragged me to one of that Vulcan's symposiums, I thought about faking a case of the Andorian shingles!  No offense," he said, winking at their present company.  "I swear, I think Torak was three hundred years old.  I heard they built a monument to him on SF Med's grounds, but it's just a blank wall.  That way, he can go on boring people until the end of time..."

It was fun talking about old times, even though the life of a medical officer was not an option that was available to him anymore.  

Julia began to laugh uncontrollably. "I had almost forgotten about Torak or maybe I just blocked it out like a traumatic memory." Julia continued to laugh. "I will never forget being 12 years old and my father taking me to one of Torak's lectures. It was four and a half hours on the enzymes that make up the Vulcan digestive track. My father felt so bad for making me sit through it that he took me out for ice cream afterwards. Next time I'm on earth I will definitely look for Torak's wall at Starfleet med. I spent a year while at the academy interning on Vulcan. Let's just say... there was a point when I was afraid that I would not survive the process. I can appreciate the thoroughness, however, there comes a point when you want to shake them and scream REALLY!" She exclaimed. "After that experience I understood why it took them 200 years to break warp five."
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 11:41 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia began to laugh uncontrollably. "I had almost forgotten about Torak or maybe I just blocked it out like a traumatic memory." Julia continued to laugh. "I will never forget being 12 years old and my father taking me to one of Torak's lectures. It was four and a half hours on the enzymes that make up the Vulcan digestive track. My father felt so bad for making me sit through it that he took me out for ice cream afterwards. Next time I'm on earth I will definitely look for Torak's wall at Starfleet med. I spent a year while at the academy interning on Vulcan. Let's just say... there was a point when I was afraid that I would not survive the process. I can appreciate the thoroughness, however, there comes a point when you want to shake them and scream REALLY!" She exclaimed. "After that experience I understood why it took them 200 years to break warp five."

Gavin was laughing right along with Rellek, feeling like a happy child all over. It almost felt as if he were re-living his earlier days, remembering being dragged to medical conferences and science fairs and lectures and think-tanks. Once his exponential intelligence had been discovered, he'd been subjected to seemingly endless testing - written exams, spatial reasoning, logic puzzles, the arts...everything.

"Some of those lectures made me wish I was being digested by Vulcan enzymes," he snickered, finishing off the sandwich. "So what'd you study in school? In particular, that is."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 18, 2015 11:52 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin was laughing right along with Rellek, feeling like a happy child all over.  It almost felt as if he were re-living his earlier days, remembering being dragged to medical conferences and science fairs and lectures and think-tanks.  Once his exponential intelligence had been discovered, he'd been subjected to seemingly endless testing - written exams, spatial reasoning, logic puzzles, the arts...everything.

"Some of those lectures made me wish I was being digested by Vulcan enzymes," he snickered, finishing off the sandwich.  "So what'd you study in school?  In particular, that is."

[Mess Hall]

Julia laughed as Gavin mentioned Vulcan Enzymes. "I know what you mean." Julia commented. She took a sip of her coffee as she pondered her answer to Gavin's question. "You know how it is at the academy; a little of this and a little of that. Primarily my studies and research has focused on Cosmology, Theoretical Physics and Stellar Cartography." Julia noted as she placed her coffee back on the table. "How about you Gavin?"
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 7:02 pm

Julia Rellek wrote:

[Mess Hall]

Julia laughed as Gavin mentioned Vulcan Enzymes. "I know what you mean." Julia commented. She took a sip of her coffee as she pondered her answer to Gavin's question. "You know how it is at the academy; a little of this and a little of that. Primarily my studies and research has focused on Cosmology, Theoretical Physics and Stellar Cartography." Julia noted as she placed her coffee back on the table. "How about you Gavin?"

Gavin flinched a little as Julia mentioned what he'd studied in school, covering it by taking a long sip of his drink. At least, he hoped he covered it. In retrospect, he wasn't sure what else he should have been expecting. After all, he'd been the one to bring the topic up, after all. I have to be the *dumbest* 'genius' I've ever met..

"Little this and that, yeah," he said, smiling softly. "I dual-majored. Xenobiology and pre-med."
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 20, 2015 7:14 pm

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

Gavin flinched a little as Julia mentioned what he'd studied in school, covering it by taking a long sip of his drink.  At least, he hoped he covered it.  In retrospect, he wasn't sure what else he should have been expecting.  After all, he'd been the one to bring the topic up, after all.  I have to be the *dumbest* 'genius' I've ever met..

"Little this and that, yeah," he said, smiling softly.  "I dual-majored.  Xenobiology and pre-med."  

[Mess Hall]

Julia smiled. "Xenobiology?" Julia said and then she paused for a moment. "Definitely not for the weak at heart." She commented as a compliment. Julia was genuinely impressed. She had also taken some advanced coursework in Xenobiology and remembered Sanul almost breaking her. "I assumed you had Dr. Sanul? That damned Vulcan was almost the death of me; he's tough. Julia stated.
Back to top Go down
Gavin Van Gelder
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Best Couple

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 12:38 am

Julia Rellek wrote:

Julia smiled. "Xenobiology?" Julia said and then she paused for a moment. "Definitely not for the weak at heart." She commented as a compliment. Julia was genuinely impressed. She had also taken some advanced coursework in Xenobiology and remembered Sanul almost breaking her. "I assumed you had Dr. Sanul? That damned Vulcan was almost the death of me; he's tough. Julia stated.

"I certainly did have Sanul for Xenobiological Applications," Gavin answered with a short laugh. "How could I forget 'Somnambulist Sanul'?" He pushed his plate away, stretching a little bit in the chair. "All the sciences and the like, I never had that much problem with. For some reason, though, Federation History slid off my brain like water off a duck. I had to spend a little more extra time studying it...which, I guess, is why I like to read it today. Thrilling stuff, like how Andor and Vulcan can't seem to get along..."

He grinned at Thelos, poking his tongue at the Andorian. "You're rather silent, Mr. dark, blue, and handsome. Still awake?"
Back to top Go down
Thelos th'Zhela
Ensign
Ensign

Surgeon's Distinction
Most Loveable
Best Couple
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 12:53 am

Gavin Van Gelder wrote:

"I certainly did have Sanul for Xenobiological Applications," Gavin answered with a short laugh.  "How could I forget 'Somnambulist Sanul'?"  He pushed his plate away, stretching a little bit in the chair.  "All the sciences and the like, I never had that much problem with.  For some reason, though, Federation History slid off my brain like water off a duck.  I had to spend a little more extra time studying it...which, I guess, is why I like to read it today.  Thrilling stuff, like how Andor and Vulcan can't seem to get along..."

He grinned at Thelos, poking his tongue at the Andorian.  "You're rather silent, Mr. dark, blue, and handsome.  Still awake?"

Thelos had been mostly quiet during the entire conversation. Though he was pretty outgoing, Gavin seemed to trump him in the 'lively conversation' category. Besides, most of the things they talked about were things that Thelos never experienced in the same way. He attended all those seminars as a student, generally, and not as a tag-along child. So, he'd remained silent, with his lips pressed thoughtfully to his interlaced fingers.

He had been listening, though, and when addressed directly his blue eyes glanced up at the other two officers. The Andorian smiled lightly. "Don't mind me. I'm having enough fun watching you two talking," he assured.
Back to top Go down
Julia Rellek
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Star Cross
1 Year Service

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 21, 2015 12:59 am

Thelos th'Zhela wrote:

Thelos had been mostly quiet during the entire conversation. Though he was pretty outgoing, Gavin seemed to trump him in the 'lively conversation' category. Besides, most of the things they talked about were things that Thelos never experienced in the same way. He attended all those seminars as a student, generally, and not as a tag-along child. So, he'd remained silent, with his lips pressed thoughtfully to his interlaced fingers.

He had been listening, though, and when addressed directly his blue eyes glanced up at the other two officers. The Andorian smiled lightly. "Don't mind me. I'm having enough fun watching you two talking," he assured.

[Mess Hall]

Julia took a sip of her coffee and placed it back on the table. Before she removed her hand form the cup she turned her attention to Thelos and smiled. "I am so sorry Doctor. I didn't mean to exclude you. I got lost in our trip down memory lane." Julia said. She was genuinely surprised at the sheer amount that her and Gavin had in common. They seemed to live parallel childhoods.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)   Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Little Light Lunch (Gavin/Julia/Thelos)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next