Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] Empty
PostSubject: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 9:14 am

The land speeder had left the city behind some time ago, making its way through the greener landscape of rural America. It turned off the main road, taking a rougher track down toward a farm, but the occupants wouldn't have noticed the change in terrain as the anti-grav systems took it into account, the on-board computer compensating.

As the vehicle drew closer to the cluster of old buildings at the end of the track, the sound of barking got louder and louder. Inside the speeder, Archangel set aside the PADD she had been reading, looking up and over to the man sitting in the driver's seat with a faint smile as they drew to a stop. They had come far since the night she had been dropped back in her quarters by Ikelos, more beaten up than she could remember being for a long time, despite the fact that it had only been a couple of weeks. Her knee had been replaced with an artificial joint, finally calling an end to the long battle she had waged with the damage initially done by Jarris and then continued by herself. She had been champing at the bit to get out and actually use it since she had been under strict orders and observation from the medical department to stay off it for the last few days. The Phoenix herself was staying over at Earth for a couple of days to resupply and give the crew some shore leave after having carried a few Federation diplomats to a Council session.

Of course, Archangel and Gabriel had planned to use that time to take the girls back to Gabriel's grandparents' home in the hills of Virginia to celebrate their birthday with the family. Of course, She and Gabriel had managed to slip away and come out to this farm to meet a family that had dedicated themselves to the breeding of canines of various breeds and, hopefully, find the right puppy to present to their girls for their birthday. The Romulan could only pray that whatever puppy they found wouldn't be as loud as this cacophony. She wasn't sure that her sensitive hearing would be able to stand it.

"Ready, e'lev?" she asked, offering him a faint smile as she unclipped her safety harness and retrieved the tribble from the console in front of her and popped it up onto her shoulder. She had brought Bunny along with her to ensure that whatever canine they thought of getting wouldn't be put off by the purring ball of fur.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 25, 2015 9:42 pm

Speeding along the countryside that he called home, Gabriel Arthur fought off the urge to open up the cockpit window and let the fresh air in. He imagined that his wife, with her long hair, wouldn't much appreciate it, though...that, and the fact that they were going pretty damn fast...

He smiled and reached over, placing a gentle hand on Archangel's knee. Her new knee, fixed and replaced, for what he hoped was the last time. Thinking back to the circumstances that had caused the surgery, though, allowed too many dark thoughts to flood into his skull, so he quickly banished them. All that mattered was the sunshine, the time with his family, and the verdant, hilly quilt of the familiar landscape that sped by.

As the approached their destination, Gabriel slowed the speeder down considerably, and then did retract the roof. The air was filled with the sounds of little dogs barking as they parked, and Gabriel grinned playfully at the expression on Archangel's face. "Don't worry, Angel," he said, tickling the top of Bunny's head. Or, at least, he assumed it was the head. "They don't all make this much noise."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 7:24 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Speeding along the countryside that he called home, Gabriel Arthur fought off the urge to open up the cockpit window and let the fresh air in.  He imagined that his wife, with her long hair, wouldn't much appreciate it, though...that, and the fact that they were going pretty damn fast...

He smiled and reached over, placing a gentle hand on Archangel's knee.  Her new knee, fixed and replaced, for what he hoped was the last time.  Thinking back to the circumstances that had caused the surgery, though, allowed too many dark thoughts to flood into his skull, so he quickly banished them.  All that mattered was the sunshine, the time with his family, and the verdant, hilly quilt of the familiar landscape that sped by.

As the approached their destination, Gabriel slowed the speeder down considerably, and then did retract the roof.  The air was filled with the sounds of little dogs barking as they parked, and Gabriel grinned playfully at the expression on Archangel's face.  "Don't worry, Angel," he said, tickling the top of Bunny's head.  Or, at least, he assumed it was the head.  "They don't all make this much noise."

The Tribble purred in Archangel's hand, reacting to the scritching that it as receiving from Gabriel. The Romulan smiled faintly at the reassurance he gave her, leaning over to place a brief kiss on his lips. "That's a relief. The girls already make enough noise by themselves!"

Releasing the seals on the door, she stepped out, still expecting a flash of pain as she put weight on her knee. It was strange now, not having that pain that had been a part of her life for so long now. There was a distinct smell here as well, one she guessed was just 'dog'.

"So... I don't think we ever discussed what kind of dog we're going to get," she said, reaching back into the car to grab the PADD she had been reading. "This guide says that the choice of breed is an important one when it's going to be a family pet."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 7:39 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
The Tribble purred in Archangel's hand, reacting to the scritching that it as receiving from Gabriel.  The Romulan smiled faintly at the reassurance he gave her, leaning over to place a brief kiss on his lips.  "That's a relief.  The girls already make enough noise by themselves!"

Releasing the seals on the door, she stepped out, still expecting a flash of pain as she put weight on her knee.  It was strange now, not having that pain that had been a part of her life for so long now.  There was a distinct smell here as well, one she guessed was just 'dog'.

"So... I don't think we ever discussed what kind of dog we're going to get," she said, reaching back into the car to grab the PADD she had been reading.  "This guide says that the choice of breed is an important one when it's going to be a family pet."

It almost felt instinctive to offer Archangel a hand as she got out of the speeder craft, but apparently she was having very little trouble walking on the new knee. Gabriel smiled, and instead put his arm around her waist, drawing his wife a little closer as they walked down the narrow little path. He couldn't help but note how clean the air smelled, despite the dogs. So different than starship air. He wondered just how much of something like this that the girls would ever get to experience. What if they didn't remember these times? What if they just knew recycled oxygen?

"Um...something with not a lot of hair, I'd assume," he grinned. "And likely not a Klingon monster dog. Seika might enjoy that, though. She'd probably have the damn thing tamed in a week." Gabriel could hear the soft prrr of the tribble, a soothing sound. "And probably not something too big, since it won't have a lot of space to live in...what about a beagle?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 26, 2015 7:55 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
It almost felt instinctive to offer Archangel a hand as she got out of the speeder craft, but apparently she was having very little trouble walking on the new knee.  Gabriel smiled, and instead put his arm around her waist, drawing his wife a little closer as they walked down the narrow little path.  He couldn't help but note how clean the air smelled, despite the dogs.  So different than starship air.  He wondered just how much of something like this that the girls would ever get to experience.  What if they didn't remember these times?  What if they just knew recycled oxygen?

"Um...something with not a lot of hair, I'd assume," he grinned.  "And likely not a Klingon monster dog.  Seika might enjoy that, though.  She'd probably have the damn thing tamed in a week."  Gabriel could hear the soft prrr of the tribble, a soothing sound.  "And probably not something too big, since it won't have a lot of space to live in...what about a beagle?"

Archangel checked the list on her PADD that detailed several canine breeds that were suitable for families with children. Yep, the Beagle breed was there, and the image of it certainly looked small enough to be able to stay on a starship.

"Looks good to me. We can always ask the breeder if that's a suitable breed," she replied, shifting the purring Tribble on her shoulder into a more comfortable position before ringing the doorbell of the old farmhouse next to the kennels, which just set off an even louder volley of barking.

After a few moments, the door to the house opened to show a somewhat rushed looking woman in muddy boots. "Oh, hello there! You must be the Starfleet officers I got a message from. Come in, come in!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2015 1:15 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel checked the list on her PADD that detailed several canine breeds that were suitable for families with children.  Yep, the Beagle breed was there, and the image of it certainly looked small enough to be able to stay on a starship.

"Looks good to me.  We can always ask the breeder if that's a suitable breed," she replied, shifting the purring Tribble on her shoulder into a more comfortable position before ringing the doorbell of the old farmhouse next to the kennels, which just set off an even louder volley of barking.

After a few moments, the door to the house opened to show a somewhat rushed looking woman in muddy boots.  "Oh, hello there!  You must be the Starfleet officers I got a message from.  Come in, come in!"

The old farmhouse and its surrounding envrions felt like comfortable, familiar ground for Gabe. His grandparents apparently weren't the only ones who felt that the older ways were still sometimes the best, even here in the thick of the 24th century. Gabriel grinned lopsidedly at his wife as her doorbell-ringing brought in another round of barking. "Guess they get excited for visitors..."

He turned to the door as it opened, nodding at the stout little woman. "Hullo, ma'am. Gabe Arthur and Archangel T'Koris. Yes, we contacted you about looking at some puppies." The couple followed the woman into her home, and Gabriel noted that there were quite a few holophotos of various dogs hanging all over. It was obvious where the woman's passions were. "We're looking to get a puppy for our girls. They're five and two."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:04 am

The house was warm and smelled strongly of canine, but Archangel managed to ignore it after a few moments. The woman lead the couple through the house, past stacks of collars, leads, chewed up toys and holoimages of various types of happy-looking dog. It was a relatively easy environment for the Romulan to relax into, bringing her out of the somewhat wound up state that she generally got herself into when it came to her girls.

"So, a family pet, hm? One that'll get on with small children, put up with anything, not be too strong..." The woman seemed to wander off inside her own head for a moment as she opened the back door, walking out into the kennel yard. She turned back to them. "I'm guessing one that's fairly small as well, given that you're Starfleet. One that'll still be happy in a relatively small space when grown?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:29 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
The house was warm and smelled strongly of canine, but Archangel managed to ignore it after a few moments.  The woman lead the couple through the house, past stacks of collars, leads, chewed up toys and holoimages of various types of happy-looking dog.  It was a relatively easy environment for the Romulan to relax into, bringing her out of the somewhat wound up state that she generally got herself into when it came to her girls.

"So, a family pet, hm?  One that'll get on with small children, put up with anything, not be too strong..." The woman seemed to wander off inside her own head for a moment as she opened the back door, walking out into the kennel yard.  She turned back to them.  "I'm guessing one that's fairly small as well, given that you're Starfleet.  One that'll still be happy in a relatively small space when grown?"

"That all sounds about right," Gabriel said, following the stout woman through her home and to the back door. Behind the house was an expansive warren of large, spacious kennel plots. He half expected it to look like a doggie prison or something, but most of the pens were surrounded by invisible, low-level forcefields. All quite...open. And, of course, there was barking.

A lot of it.

"We don't have a lot of room to play with. It's the two of us, and our two little girls...so something that isn't going to be huge. We're not lookin' for a Klingon monster-dog," he grinned. "And...not a lot of hair," he shrugged, glancing over at Archangel. At least, he assumed she didn't want to put up with dog hair, either.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 7:51 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"That all sounds about right," Gabriel said, following the stout woman through her home and to the back door.  Behind the house was an expansive warren of large, spacious kennel plots.  He half expected it to look like a doggie prison or something, but most of the pens were surrounded by invisible, low-level forcefields.  All quite...open.  And, of course, there was barking.

A lot of it.

"We don't have a lot of room to play with.  It's the two of us, and our two little girls...so something that isn't going to be huge.  We're not lookin' for a Klingon monster-dog," he grinned.  "And...not a lot of hair," he shrugged, glancing over at Archangel.  At least, he assumed she didn't want to put up with dog hair, either.

Archangel looked out with some measure of surprise at the dogs outside the house, having expected a greater number of them given the amount of noise they all seemed to be making. From what she could see, there were canines of all shapes and sizes, from large ones that didn't look as if they had seen a decent meal in years to tiny things that looked more like elongated tribbles. She glanced quickly at the tribble on her shoulder, ensuring that he wasn't bothered by the dogs. It seemed perfectly happy to keep purring on her shoulder.

"Yes, preferably something that won't shed too much. I don't think that dog hair is an acceptable uniform accessory," she said with a slight smile to Gabriel.

The woman tilted her head to one side, pondering the list of criteria that they had given her before something apparently clicked in her head and she grinned.

"I've got three litters that might suit you," she said, before ticking them off on her fingers. "I've got a couple of Dalmatian puppies left, but that might be a little big for you, two Springer Spaniel puppies, and a litter of beagles that are just about ready to go. Any of those appeal?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel looked out with some measure of surprise at the dogs outside the house, having expected a greater number of them given the amount of noise they all seemed to be making.  From what she could see, there were canines of all shapes and sizes, from large ones that didn't look as if they had seen a decent meal in years to tiny things that looked more like elongated tribbles.  She glanced quickly at the tribble on her shoulder, ensuring that he wasn't bothered by the dogs.  It seemed perfectly happy to keep purring on her shoulder.

"Yes, preferably something that won't shed too much.  I don't think that dog hair is an acceptable uniform accessory," she said with a slight smile to Gabriel.  

The woman tilted her head to one side, pondering the list of criteria that they had given her before something apparently clicked in her head and she grinned.

"I've got three litters that might suit you," she said, before ticking them off on her fingers.  "I've got a couple of Dalmatian puppies left, but that might be a little big for you, two Springer Spaniel puppies, and a litter of beagles that are just about ready to go.  Any of those appeal?"

"I gotta admit," Gabriel said, walking over to one of the large holding areas. "I kinda have been leaning toward beagles." The aforementioned breed was held in the pen area, fat and fuzzy with floppy ears and jaunty little tails, romping and yipping over one another. One chubby little puppy looked up as Gabriel approached, sticking his nose in the air and poking a pink little tongue out. "Angel," he grinned. "This one just stuck its tongue out at me."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:25 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"I gotta admit," Gabriel said, walking over to one of the large holding areas.  "I kinda have been leaning toward beagles."  The aforementioned breed was held in the pen area, fat and fuzzy with floppy ears and jaunty little tails, romping and yipping over one another.  One chubby little puppy looked up as Gabriel approached, sticking his nose in the air and poking a pink little tongue out.  "Angel," he grinned.  "This one just stuck its tongue out at me."

Archangel couldn't help but smile as she saw the tumbling litter of puppies all vying with each other for the newcomers' attention, and of course, the one that was poking its tongue out at Gabriel.

"We already have two girls and one grown man doing that. Let's try not to teach the dogs!" she joked, nudging her husband in the ribs. Looking to the breeder for permission first, the Romulan then stepped over the wall of the whelping pen and crouched down. The latter appeared to be a bad decision as what seemed like a tidal wave of puppies knocked her down onto her backside with an 'oof' before being swarmed by wagging tails and cold noses.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 7:55 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel couldn't help but smile as she saw the tumbling litter of puppies all vying with each other for the newcomers' attention, and of course, the one that was poking its tongue out at Gabriel.  

"We already have two girls and one grown man doing that.  Let's try not to teach the dogs!" she joked, nudging her husband in the ribs.  Looking to the breeder for permission first, the Romulan then stepped over the wall of the whelping pen and crouched down.  The latter appeared to be a bad decision as what seemed like a tidal wave of puppies knocked her down onto her backside with an 'oof' before being swarmed by wagging tails and cold noses.

Cocking an eyebrow, Gabriel put on a face that was a perfect picture of innocence. "I wouldn't know where they all picked that up. Must have been some serious spontaneous and random interpersonal development..." He followed his wife into the puppy area, grinning as a wave of fuzz washed over her, fairly certain that she didn't want to be rescued from it.

Gabriel noticed one little puppy in particular, just slightly away from the rest of the group, poking his nose about with an almost deliberate caution. Only when it seemed to have made up its mind did the little one join in with the rest. Curious, Gabriel scooped the little fellow up as it gave a small yip sound. "Hey there, little guy. Whatcha thinkin' about?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 6:16 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Cocking an eyebrow, Gabriel put on a face that was a perfect picture of innocence.  "I wouldn't know where they all picked that up.  Must have been some serious spontaneous and random interpersonal development..."  He followed his wife into the puppy area, grinning as a wave of fuzz washed over her, fairly certain that she didn't want to be rescued from it.  

Gabriel noticed one little puppy in particular, just slightly away from the rest of the group, poking his nose about with an almost deliberate caution.  Only when it seemed to have made up its mind did the little one join in with the rest.  Curious, Gabriel scooped the little fellow up as it gave a small yip sound.  "Hey there, little guy.  Whatcha thinkin' about?"

Archangel yelped as a cold nose snuffled at her ear, causing the puppy to jump back in surprise. She forced herself back up into a sitting position, happier to let the puppies scamper over her lap as she picked up one that had been attempting to play tug of war with her plait to give it a cuddle.

"I don't know how we're going to choose. They're all adorable. Seika and Aria're going to be over the moon no matter which one we take home."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2015 2:00 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel yelped as a cold nose snuffled at her ear, causing the puppy to jump back in surprise.  She forced herself back up into a sitting position, happier to let the puppies scamper over her lap as she picked up one that had been attempting to play tug of war with her plait to give it a cuddle.  

"I don't know how we're going to choose.  They're all adorable.  Seika and Aria're going to be over the moon no matter which one we take home."

Chuckling, Gabriel knelt down close to his wife and the pile of puppies. A few of them charged over toward him, yipping around his heels and tumbling over each other. "I have to admit. I kinda like this little guy." He held the little puppy up, its nose sniffing at Archangel. Gabe took the puppy's paw and waved at her. "I think he likes you, too...though, if you want to look at some more, we certainly can. Don't say it too loud...he might overhear."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2015 12:37 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Chuckling, Gabriel knelt down close to his wife and the pile of puppies.  A few of them charged over toward him, yipping around his heels and tumbling over each other.  "I have to admit.  I kinda like this little guy."  He held the little puppy up, its nose sniffing at Archangel.  Gabe took the puppy's paw and waved at her.  "I think he likes you, too...though, if you want to look at some more, we certainly can.  Don't say it too loud...he might overhear."

Smiling up at her husband, Archangel set the wriggling puppy in her hands back down again, watching as it scampered back round to join the others scrambling over her lap. Gently pushing them away, she got back to her feet, moving over to Gabriel and taking a look at the canine he was holding, giving it a scratch behind the ears.

"Well, if you're taken with this one, I don't see any reason to look at any others," she replied evenly, smiling again as the puppy licked her hand enthusiastically.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 7:54 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Smiling up at her husband, Archangel set the wriggling puppy in her hands back down again, watching as it scampered back round to join the others scrambling over her lap.  Gently pushing them away, she got back to her feet, moving over to Gabriel and taking a look at the canine he was holding, giving it a scratch behind the ears.

"Well, if you're taken with this one, I don't see any reason to look at any others," she replied evenly, smiling again as the puppy licked her hand enthusiastically.

"Maybe so," Gabriel replied, snuggling the little puppy in the crook of his arm. "But we can still look around." Almost in reply, the puppy gave an indignant little yewp, rolling over to expose his soft, whitish belly. Naturally, Gabriel had to tickle it. "Or not. I doubt he'd ever forgive us if we put him down." Leaning in, he gave his wife a quick peck on the lips. "I'm decided, if you are."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 2:57 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Maybe so," Gabriel replied, snuggling the little puppy in the crook of his arm.  "But we can still look around."  Almost in reply, the puppy gave an indignant little yewp, rolling over to expose his soft, whitish belly.  Naturally, Gabriel had to tickle it.  "Or not.  I doubt he'd ever forgive us if we put him down."  Leaning in, he gave his wife a quick peck on the lips.  "I'm decided, if you are."

Archangel felt her rational thought processes melt into goo at the adorableness of the puppy in Gabriel's arms. Looking back at the breeder, she noted the wide smile on the other woman's face, hopefully indicating that they were making a good choice of puppy. Then again, this dog was going to become a family pet. Seika and Aria wouldn't care if their puppy wasn't from sterling bloodlines or perfectly formed for the show ring. Seika wanted a puppy to play with and Archangel was hoping that having a companion to run around with would help the little girl get through the last stages of her recovery.

"We'll take this one, if that's ok," Archangel clarified to the breeder.

"Excellent," came the reply. "I'll just go and get the necessary paperwork. Why don't you two decide whether you'd like to take him home today or leave him with me for a couple of days while you get ready?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:18 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel felt her rational thought processes melt into goo at the adorableness of the puppy in Gabriel's arms.  Looking back at the breeder, she noted the wide smile on the other woman's face, hopefully indicating that they were making a good choice of puppy.  Then again, this dog was going to become a family pet.  Seika and Aria wouldn't care if their puppy wasn't from sterling bloodlines or perfectly formed for the show ring.  Seika wanted a puppy to play with and Archangel was hoping that having a companion to run around with would help the little girl get through the last stages of her recovery.

"We'll take this one, if that's ok," Archangel clarified to the breeder.

"Excellent," came the reply.  "I'll just go and get the necessary paperwork.  Why don't you two decide whether you'd like to take him home today or leave him with me for a couple of days while you get ready?"

With the decision made, Gabriel proudly hefted the little puppy up, snuggling with the warm ball of fur and happiness. It reminded him of the dog he'd grown up with on his grandparents' farm, the one he'd named 'Spatula' as a child, though he'd never known Spatula as tiny puppy. Granted, nothing compared to holding Aria for the first time, or when Seika walked out of her crutches and into his and Archangel's arms, but...

"We can come back and get him tomorrow, if you want," Gabriel said. "Before the birthday party. He grinned, holding up the puppy and making 'waving' motions with his little paw. "I'd love to take him home tonight, but it'd be hard to keep him a secret."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 5:20 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
With the decision made, Gabriel proudly hefted the little puppy up, snuggling with the warm ball of fur and happiness.  It reminded him of the dog he'd grown up with on his grandparents' farm, the one he'd named 'Spatula' as a child, though he'd never known Spatula as tiny puppy.  Granted, nothing compared to holding Aria for the first time, or when Seika walked out of her crutches and into his and Archangel's arms, but...

"We can come back and get him tomorrow, if you want," Gabriel said.  "Before the birthday party.  He grinned, holding up the puppy and making 'waving' motions with his little paw.  "I'd love to take him home tonight, but it'd be hard to keep him a secret."

Archangel pondered the question for a moment before nodding to her husband. "You're right, e'lev. We can't keep anything a secret from those two, not even for a couple of hours. Keeping a puppy from them is definitely not happening."

As the breeder came back with a PADD, the Romulan made the necessary signatures and transferred the requisite amount of latinum to secure ownership of the puppy before returning to Gabriel with a little blue collar.

"This'll make sure we pick up the right puppy tomorrow," she said by way of explanation, clipping it around the canine's neck. She took the opportunity of being close to Gabriel to steal a kiss from him. "Well, tomorrow, we will have two overjoyed little girls."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 05, 2015 8:10 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel pondered the question for a moment before nodding to her husband.  "You're right, e'lev.  We can't keep anything a secret from those two, not even for a couple of hours.  Keeping a puppy from them is definitely not happening."

As the breeder came back with a PADD, the Romulan made the necessary signatures and transferred the requisite amount of latinum to secure ownership of the puppy before returning to Gabriel with a little blue collar.

"This'll make sure we pick up the right puppy tomorrow," she said by way of explanation, clipping it around the canine's neck.  She took the opportunity of being close to Gabriel to steal a kiss from him.  "Well, tomorrow, we will have two overjoyed little girls."

"Good idea," Gabe nodded, giving the puppy a final little scratch on the head before setting him back down to re-join the rest of the litter. Even without the collar, Gabe was sure he would be able to remember which one was which, but it never hurt to be certain. He smiled happily as he imagined the reactions of their girls. Seika had been begging for a puppy for ages, now...and the upcoming joint birthday party had given the perfect excuse.

They made their farewells to the homeowner, walking back to the speeder. Gabriel opened the door for Archangel, refusing to move until she paid a toll kiss. "So. Got any further plans for today, or is your afternoon free?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 4:55 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Good idea," Gabe nodded, giving the puppy a final little scratch on the head before setting him back down to re-join the rest of the litter.  Even without the collar, Gabe was sure he would be able to remember which one was which, but it never hurt to be certain.  He smiled happily as he imagined the reactions of their girls.  Seika had been begging for a puppy for ages, now...and the upcoming joint birthday party had given the perfect excuse.

They made their farewells to the homeowner, walking back to the speeder.  Gabriel opened the door for Archangel, refusing to move until she paid a toll kiss.  "So.  Got any further plans for today, or is your afternoon free?"

It was a shame to have to leave the puppy behind, but knowing that they would be coming back tomorrow to pick it up reassured Archangel. It quite surprised her how taken she already was with the juvenile canine.

After planting a brief kiss on Gabriel's lips as payment, she smiled at him. "Oh, nothing I couldn't cancel. Have any plans of your own?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 7:41 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It was a shame to have to leave the puppy behind, but knowing that they would be coming back tomorrow to pick it up reassured Archangel.  It quite surprised her how taken she already was with the juvenile canine.

After planting a brief kiss on Gabriel's lips as payment, she smiled at him.  "Oh, nothing I couldn't cancel.  Have any plans of your own?"

Helping Archangel into vehicles and the like was an old habit, one that wasn't really all that necessary anymore, now that her knee was fixed up. Still, he enjoyed doing it...even if it was a bit old-fashioned and based on antiquated notions. Then again, that pretty much described most things about him.

"Cancel 'em, then," he winked, getting into the driver's side of the car. Within a few moments they were airborne again, the green and rolling hills of his homeland passing quickly below. Soon, they traveled in a southwesterly direction, with Gabriel eventually landing the aircar at the head of a trail. It lead up on to a ridge, and into the forests. He glanced over at his wife, wondering if she would recognize where they were.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 06, 2015 8:03 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Helping Archangel into vehicles and the like was an old habit, one that wasn't really all that necessary anymore, now that her knee was fixed up.  Still, he enjoyed doing it...even if it was a bit old-fashioned and based on antiquated notions.  Then again, that pretty much described most things about him.

"Cancel 'em, then," he winked, getting into the driver's side of the car.  Within a few moments they were airborne again, the green and rolling hills of his homeland passing quickly below.  Soon, they traveled in a southwesterly direction, with Gabriel eventually landing the aircar at the head of a trail.  It lead up on to a ridge, and into the forests.  He glanced over at his wife, wondering if she would recognize where they were.

Knowing that they had found and bought the main part of the girls' birthday helped Archangel to relax a little more into the seat of the speeder. Raising their daughters on a starship had always seemed better, being able to keep the family together; but there were other times when she wondered if they wouldn't be better off staying on Earth, on the farm with the Gabriel's family.

It was easy to sit back and enjoy the scenery as her husband piloted the speeder, but as it drew to a stop, she sat up, frowning slightly.

"We've been here before..." she said, looking to him in slight confusion.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:00 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Knowing that they had found and bought the main part of the girls' birthday helped Archangel to relax a little more into the seat of the speeder.  Raising their daughters on a starship had always seemed better, being able to keep the family together; but there were other times when she wondered if they wouldn't be better off staying on Earth, on the farm with the Gabriel's family.

It was easy to sit back and enjoy the scenery as her husband piloted the speeder, but as it drew to a stop, she sat up, frowning slightly.

"We've been here before..." she said, looking to him in slight confusion.

"Indeed, we have," Gabriel nodded, wondering if it would come to her as they continued on. While the spot was burned into his memory forever, he also knew the land like the back of his hand. Gabe assumed that, to someone born and bred on a space station like Archangel was, any collection of trees and rocks looked the same as the rest. "Let's see if we can jog that memory..." he grinned, taking the Romulan's hand in his own and starting up the trail.

The path winded around large stones and through stands of trees, switchbacking up the mountainside at angles so that the trail wasn't overly-steep at any one point. Soon, they were approaching the rim of a canyon, with a wide, shallow valley opening up below.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:19 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Indeed, we have," Gabriel nodded, wondering if it would come to her as they continued on.  While the spot was burned into his memory forever, he also knew the land like the back of his hand.  Gabe assumed that, to someone born and bred on a space station like Archangel was, any collection of trees and rocks looked the same as the rest.  "Let's see if we can jog that memory..." he grinned, taking the Romulan's hand in his own and starting up the trail.

The path winded around large stones and through stands of trees, switchbacking up the mountainside at angles so that the trail wasn't overly-steep at any one point.  Soon, they were approaching the rim of a canyon, with a wide, shallow valley opening up below.

As they walked along the path, it gradually became more and more familiar to Archangel. Slowly, a smile began to grow over her face and her pace quickened as they reached the summit, to the small plateau overlooking the strange geological formation. She turned to Gabriel, a wide grin on her face.

"I remember it now," she said, using their joined hands to pull him closer to her for a kiss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]   How much is that doggy in the window?  [Arch/Gabriel] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much is that doggy in the window? [Arch/Gabriel]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next