Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] Empty
PostSubject: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 5:25 pm

Archangel had been missing for almost a week now. As far as anyone knew, she was away on a training course designed to keep captains on their toes and up to date on new practices. Unfortunately, the other captain who had swung by to pick her up so that they could both attend the session would have been instantly recognisable to Gabriel: the man who called himself Ikelos.

Finally, thankfully after the girls had gone to bed, a transporter beam coalesced in the lounge, materialising in the form of Ikelos, who was supporting a slumped Archangel by having one of her arms pulled over his shoulders.

The Romulan groaned quietly as she was unceremoniously dumped on the floor by her handler. Ikelos pulled a disgusted face at her, brushing off his uniform where she had apparently bled on it before looking around for Gabriel.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:26 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel had been missing for almost a week now.  As far as anyone knew, she was away on a training course designed to keep captains on their toes and up to date on new practices.   Unfortunately, the other captain who had swung by to pick her up so that they could both attend the session would have been instantly recognisable to Gabriel: the man who called himself Ikelos.

Finally, thankfully after the girls had gone to bed, a transporter beam coalesced in the lounge, materialising in the form of Ikelos, who was supporting a slumped Archangel by having one of her arms pulled over his shoulders.

The Romulan groaned quietly as she was unceremoniously dumped on the floor by her handler.  Ikelos pulled a disgusted face at her, brushing off his uniform where she had apparently bled on it before looking around for Gabriel.

[Quarters]

Once the sound of the transporter filled the room, the dry-as-dust treatise on Surak and the Time of Awakening fell to the floor with a metallic thud as Gabriel quickly moved from the couch he'd been lying on to his feet. He wasn't at all surprised to see the figure in front of him. So far, other than Q, Ikelos had been the only person Gabe knew who could circumvent the ship's security features and come and go as they pleased. Unsurprising, but no less sickening.

He rolled as he sprang to his feet, his long legs taking him across the far end of the room in two or three leaps. A sliding panel opened as he pressed his hand to it, since that section of wall had been keyed to open only to him or Archangel. Inside was a phase pistol, and in a heartbeat it was out of the rack and into his hand, and leveled at Ikelos.

"Breathe wrong, you sumbitch. I dare you."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 6:42 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Once the sound of the transporter filled the room, the dry-as-dust treatise on Surak and the Time of Awakening fell to the floor with a metallic thud as Gabriel quickly moved from the couch he'd been lying on to his feet.  He wasn't at all surprised to see the figure in front of him.  So far, other than Q, Ikelos had been the only person Gabe knew who could circumvent the ship's security features and come and go as they pleased.  Unsurprising, but no less sickening.

He rolled as he sprang to his feet, his long legs taking him across the far end of the room in two or three leaps.  A sliding panel opened as he pressed his hand to it, since that section of wall had been keyed to open only to him or Archangel.  Inside was a phase pistol, and in a heartbeat it was out of the rack and into his hand, and leveled at Ikelos.

"Breathe wrong, you sumbitch.  I dare you."

Ikelos looked at Gabriel with an amused expression on his face at the sight of the phase pistol leveled at him. "That would not be a wise decision, Icarus," he warned the commander as he casually pulled a PADD out of his pocket, dropping it next to the Romulan on the floor by his feet. He then turned a lazy grin to Gabriel. "We'll be back for her," he said before tapping his wrist, signalling for a beam out.

Hearing the transporter beam take hold of her handler and remove him from their quarters, Archangel shifted slightly, struggling to push herself up on her arms.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 7:01 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Ikelos looked at Gabriel with an amused expression on his face at the sight of the phase pistol leveled at him.  "That would not be a wise decision, Icarus," he warned the commander as he casually pulled a PADD out of his pocket, dropping it next to the Romulan on the floor by his feet.  He then turned a lazy grin to Gabriel.  "We'll be back for her," he said before tapping his wrist, signalling for a beam out.

Hearing the transporter beam take hold of her handler and remove him from their quarters, Archangel shifted slightly, struggling to push herself up on her arms.

"Whatever," he spat, rushing to Archangel's side as soon as the criminal Ikelos disappered from their home. Gabriel set the phaser down on the floor, quickly dropping down beside his wife as she struggled to sit up. "Easy, Angel. Easy!" He braced himself against her upper arms, holding her steady. "Don't move around a lot before I can scan you. I need to see if anything is broken."

Had he been possessed with a darker sense of humor, he would have been better off asking what wasn't broken between the two of them, when it came to this.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 2:36 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Whatever," he spat, rushing to Archangel's side as soon as the criminal Ikelos disappered from their home.  Gabriel set the phaser down on the floor, quickly dropping down beside his wife as she struggled to sit up.  "Easy, Angel.  Easy!"  He braced himself against her upper arms, holding her steady.  "Don't move around a lot before I can scan you.  I need to see if anything is broken."  

Had he been possessed with a darker sense of humor, he would have been better off asking what wasn't broken between the two of them, when it came to this.

Archangel groaned as she lay back down again, not having the strength to fight Gabriel. She managed a slight smile at the sound of his voice though, closing her eyes and letting out a short sigh. She didn't know how hurt she was. She had lost track some time ago.

Managing to lift one hand, she rested one green-crusted hand on Gabriel's shoulder. "I did it," she struggled to get out. "I'm too broken... for them to use..." The hand fell back to the deck plates. "I love you, Gabriel..."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 4:23 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel groaned as she lay back down again, not having the strength to fight Gabriel.  She managed a slight smile at the sound of his voice though, closing her eyes and letting out a short sigh.  She didn't know how hurt she was.  She had lost track some time ago.

Managing to lift one hand, she rested one green-crusted hand on Gabriel's shoulder.  "I did it," she struggled to get out.  "I'm too broken... for them to use..." The hand fell back to the deck plates.  "I love you, Gabriel..."

Too broken? Gabriel didn't like the sound of that, or the look in her eyes, one damn bit. Oh, he saw the love there that she had for him - of that, he would never doubt. But the cast in them...it wasn't the first time that she'd come back haunted. "Stay still, Angel. Arthur to Sickbay," he said, establishing the site-to-site emergency link. It wasn't something that he'd wanted to do, but...this was more serious than a home medkit could take care of. "Two to beam directly, on my mark. Now."

He smiled softly, sadly, and brushed some sweat-matted hair out of her eyes. "I love you, too." Sickbay materialized around them. Gabe knew there'd be questions, but people could just keep them to themselves...they were the command team, after all.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 5:25 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Too broken?  Gabriel didn't like the sound of that, or the look in her eyes, one damn bit.  Oh, he saw the love there that she had for him - of that, he would never doubt.  But the cast in them...it wasn't the first time that she'd come back haunted.  "Stay still, Angel.  Arthur to Sickbay," he said, establishing the site-to-site emergency link.  It wasn't something that he'd wanted to do, but...this was more serious than a home medkit could take care of.  "Two to beam directly, on my mark.  Now."  

He smiled softly, sadly, and brushed some sweat-matted hair out of her eyes.  "I love you, too."  Sickbay materialized around them.  Gabe knew there'd be questions, but people could just keep them to themselves...they were the command team, after all.

Sickbay. Its environs were familiar to Archangel now, so very familiar. It seemed like she was going in there all too often. Training exercise injuries. Counselling sessions. And then the inevitable times that she returned from S31 with more than Gabriel felt that he could handle.

A doctor stepped forward almost immediately to take the case, getting the captain transferred to the surgical biobed more isolated from the others. The doctor looked up at Gabriel and opened his mouth as if to ask something, then shut it again and shook his head, grabbing a hypo spray from a tray and injecting it into Archangel's shoulder before saying: "If you could keep her awake, that would help. Scans are reading quite a lot of head trauma."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 03, 2015 11:16 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Sickbay.  Its environs were familiar to Archangel now, so very familiar.  It seemed like she was going in there all too often.  Training exercise injuries.  Counselling sessions.  And then the inevitable times that she returned from S31 with more than Gabriel felt that he could handle.

A doctor stepped forward almost immediately to take the case, getting the captain transferred to the surgical biobed more isolated from the others.  The doctor looked up at Gabriel and opened his mouth as if to ask something, then shut it again and shook his head, grabbing a hypo spray from a tray and injecting it into Archangel's shoulder before saying:  "If you could keep her awake, that would help.  Scans are reading quite a lot of head trauma."

[Sickbay]

Gabriel knew that the medical staff had long ago stopped buying the stories that went with Archangel's injuries. Honestly, how many 'holodeck malfunctions' could one starship captain even experience? Still, nobody asked questions, because investigative reporting wasn't their job. And thank God for that, Gabriel thought, pulling up a chair by her bed as he'd so often done. Though the motion was rote by now, the feeling was as raw and ragged as ever. A dagger twisted in a wound that wouldn't ever heal.

He nodded at the doctor, and the re-focused on his wife. Her eyelids seemed weighted down. Head trauma? What had those bastards done this time? And what's it matter, he thought. What are you going to do about it? I'll tell you what you're going to do - nothing. Nothing at all. Like you always do.

"Hey, Angel," he quietly said, a smile settling on his features like a familiar, old mask. Worn around the edges, cracked throughout, but familiar. "I need you to focus on me. Focus on my voice. Doc's gonna work on you, but for now...just focus on my voice."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 6:47 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Sickbay]

Gabriel knew that the medical staff had long ago stopped buying the stories that went with Archangel's injuries.  Honestly, how many 'holodeck malfunctions' could one starship captain even experience?  Still, nobody asked questions, because investigative reporting wasn't their job.  And thank God for that, Gabriel thought, pulling up a chair by her bed as he'd so often done.  Though the motion was rote by now, the feeling was as raw and ragged as ever.  A dagger twisted in a wound that wouldn't ever heal.

He nodded at the doctor, and the re-focused on his wife.  Her eyelids seemed weighted down.  Head trauma?  What had those bastards done this time?  And what's it matter, he thought.  What are you going to do about it?  I'll tell you what you're going to do - nothing.  Nothing at all.  Like you always do.

"Hey, Angel," he quietly said, a smile settling on his features like a familiar, old mask.  Worn around the edges, cracked throughout, but familiar.  "I need you to focus on me.  Focus on my voice.  Doc's gonna work on you, but for now...just focus on my voice."

The doctor quickly went to work on Archangel, leaving the task of keeping her awake to Gabriel. She felt as if she was floating out of her own body, but that was probably due to the painkiller the doctor had jabbed into her. That didn’t keep her from giving a quiet groan as he inspected an impressive bruise developing on the side of her head.

“I’m sorry… you have to see this,” she murmured back to Gabriel, refraining from turning her head to look at him. It felt as if she moved it even a little bit, her brain might slosh out of her ears. She gave a sharp yelp as the doctor prodded her knee, which appeared to be twisted in an unnatural manner.

“I thought we told you to keep off this,” the doctor chided.

“I tried,” came the grumbling reply as the Romulan closed her eyes again, giving a quiet sigh.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 7:44 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The doctor quickly went to work on Archangel, leaving the task of keeping her awake to Gabriel.  She felt as if she was floating out of her own body, but that was probably due to the painkiller the doctor had jabbed into her.  That didn’t keep her from giving a quiet groan as he inspected an impressive bruise developing on the side of her head.

“I’m sorry… you have to see this,” she murmured back to Gabriel, refraining from turning her head to look at him.  It felt as if she moved it even a little bit, her brain might slosh out of her ears.  She gave a sharp yelp as the doctor prodded her knee, which appeared to be twisted in an unnatural manner.

“I thought we told you to keep off this,” the doctor chided.

“I tried,” came the grumbling reply as the Romulan closed her eyes again, giving a quiet sigh.

Gabriel had, over time, built up a kind of immunity. A shield of sorts. It was what he had to put into place every time Archangel came back like this, every time that her life with 31 and the joy they stole from his family came crashing back with startling reality. That shield was a pretty good ageis of denial...the kind that said that things would eventually get better. The kind that didn't see the fetid rot of Section 31 and the slow decay that spiderwebbed throughout their life together.

Unfortunately, this time was too much for that shield, rending it asunder and tossing the pieces aside like so much cordwood. In its absence was only numbness. It was the only thing keeping him sane, right now.

"We'll get the leg fixed again, too," he said, keeping the timbre out of his voice. "And after that, it's a proper recovery time." Gabriel glanced to the doctor, and back to his wife. He wasn't sure just what kind of details she'd spill in her current state, so he danced around the topic of whatever she'd 'tried' to do. "We'll need to head back to Earth soon, anyway. Got two little birthdays coming up, you know."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 04, 2015 11:33 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel had, over time, built up a kind of immunity. A shield of sorts. It was what he had to put into place every time Archangel came back like this, every time that her life with 31 and the joy they stole from his family came crashing back with startling reality. That shield was a pretty good ageis of denial...the kind that said that things would eventually get better. The kind that didn't see the fetid rot of Section 31 and the slow decay that spiderwebbed throughout their life together.

Unfortunately, this time was too much for that shield, rending it asunder and tossing the pieces aside like so much cordwood. In its absence was only numbness. It was the only thing keeping him sane, right now.

"We'll get the leg fixed again, too," he said, keeping the timbre out of his voice. "And after that, it's a proper recovery time." Gabriel glanced to the doctor, and back to his wife. He wasn't sure just what kind of details she'd spill in her current state, so he danced around the topic of whatever she'd 'tried' to do. "We'll need to head back to Earth soon, anyway. Got two little birthdays coming up, you know."

Archangel went to nod in response to Gabriel's words, but stopped herself at that unpleasant sloshing sensation again and the doctor tutted at her as she tried to move. Apparently, that wasn't something that she should be doing. She settled for smiling slightly at Gabriel, defying the doctor in order to reach out a bloody hand to take Gabriel's.

"We still need to find a puppy," she murmured, bringing up the present that they had more or less decided on for the girls. She was sure that they would be able to find one on Earth.

The doctor shook his head as he straightened up from examining Archangel's knee, moving on to finish up healing the various scrapes and breaks. "I'll brace this leg, Captain, but I'm afraid we're going to have to schedule surgery to completely replace the joint," he said, addressing the captain but actually looking at Gabriel in the knowledge that Archangel wasn't actually likely to remember anything.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 10:58 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel went to nod in response to Gabriel's words, but stopped herself at that unpleasant sloshing sensation again and the doctor tutted at her as she tried to move.  Apparently, that wasn't something that she should be doing.  She settled for smiling slightly at Gabriel, defying the doctor in order to reach out a bloody hand to take Gabriel's.

"We still need to find a puppy," she murmured, bringing up the present that they had more or less decided on for the girls.  She was sure that they would be able to find one on Earth.

The doctor shook his head as he straightened up from examining Archangel's knee, moving on to finish up healing the various scrapes and breaks.  "I'll brace this leg, Captain, but I'm afraid we're going to have to schedule surgery to completely replace the joint," he said, addressing the captain but actually looking at Gabriel in the knowledge that Archangel wasn't actually likely to remember anything.

"That, we do," Gabe answered about the puppy. "I can have my grandparents start looking around, once we decide what breed we want. Something that doesn't shed too much," he smiled. "Unless you don't want an Earth animal. I doubt our quarters could handle a sehlat or targ..."

It was small talk. Useless talk. Just something to pass the time while the doctor did his work, buying Archangel more time until the next instance that 31 came for her...hurting her again. Gabriel wondered how long they had until the day came when she just didn't come back.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"That, we do," Gabe answered about the puppy.  "I can have my grandparents start looking around, once we decide what breed we want.  Something that doesn't shed too much," he smiled.  "Unless you don't want an Earth animal.  I doubt our quarters could handle a sehlat or targ..."

It was small talk.  Useless talk.  Just something to pass the time while the doctor did his work, buying Archangel more time until the next instance that 31 came for her...hurting her again.  Gabriel wondered how long they had until the day came when she just didn't come back.

"No," Archangel murmured quietly. "An Earth canine. That's what Seika's been asking for, so that's what we'll get her. I'm sure we'll be able to find something..." She yelped as the doctor touched her left arm. He shushed her gently, pulling back the sleeve with as much care as he could to show where most of the skin had been removed to expose the muscle and sinew beneath. He looked up at Gabriel, concern written on his face.

"This isn't from a training exercise, Commander."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 1:30 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"No," Archangel murmured quietly.  "An Earth canine.  That's what Seika's been asking for, so that's what we'll get her.  I'm sure we'll be able to find something..."  She yelped as the doctor touched her left arm.  He shushed her gently, pulling back the sleeve with as much care as he could to show where most of the skin had been removed to expose the muscle and sinew beneath.  He looked up at Gabriel, concern written on his face.

"This isn't from a training exercise, Commander."

Gabriel gave her a small smile, still holding on to her bloodied hand. "A puppy it is, then. We'll find a good one."

He winced as the doctor revealed the injury to Archangel's arm, his vision swimming with the raw and naked fury that seemed to come from deep within his own primal, animalistic being. He didn't see red. It was just blackness. No...he was far, far from numb.

"I know," he simply said, looking the doctor in the eye. "Just get her patched up, doc. We'll figure the rest out." He looked the man in the eyes, hoping that the doctor got the point that it was an unspoken order.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 2:47 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel gave her a small smile, still holding on to her bloodied hand.  "A puppy it is, then.  We'll find a good one."  

He winced as the doctor revealed the injury to Archangel's arm, his vision swimming with the raw and naked fury that seemed to come from deep within his own primal, animalistic being.  He didn't see red.  It was just blackness.  No...he was far, far from numb.

"I know," he simply said, looking the doctor in the eye.  "Just get her patched up, doc.  We'll figure the rest out."  He looked the man in the eyes, hoping that the doctor got the point that it was an unspoken order.

The doctor held Gabriel's gaze for a long moment, debating whether to push for more information, but he ceded, dropping his head and setting up the regeneration process to regrow the skin. He had cut away the sleeve completely, showing that the injury extended all the way up to her shoulder.

Archangel, while half out of it, was also watching Gabriel carefully, having noted his reaction to the revelation. She sighed, closing her eyes and squirming at the sensation of her flesh being grown back. While that was happening, the doctor loaded information into an isolinear chip, which was then put into a PADD. He then signalled to Gabriel to step a few paces away and showed him the screen without a word. On it was Archangel's bloodwork, which showed a large concentration of numerous hallucinogenic drugs.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 3:12 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The doctor held Gabriel's gaze for a long moment, debating whether to push for more information, but he ceded, dropping his head and setting up the regeneration process to regrow the skin.  He had cut away the sleeve completely, showing that the injury extended all the way up to her shoulder.

Archangel, while half out of it, was also watching Gabriel carefully, having noted his reaction to the revelation.  She sighed, closing her eyes and squirming at the sensation of her flesh being grown back.  While that was happening, the doctor loaded information into an isolinear chip, which was then put into a PADD.  He then signalled to Gabriel to step a few paces away and showed him the screen without a word.  On it was Archangel's bloodwork, which showed a large concentration of numerous hallucinogenic drugs.

Feeling about an inch tall, Gabriel let out a small sigh as the doctor went back to his work. So this is where we're at now, huh? Strong-arming our own medical staff? He gently set Archangel's hand on the side of the bed, kissing her forehead as he followed the doctor over. The padd contained nothing that he was surprised to see, but he nodded in thanks anyway. "Do what you can to flush them out," he said, his voice sounding leaden and monotone. "Put her under if you have to."

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 3:33 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Feeling about an inch tall, Gabriel let out a small sigh as the doctor went back to his work.  So this is where we're at now, huh?  Strong-arming our own medical staff?  He gently set Archangel's hand on the side of the bed, kissing her forehead as he followed the doctor over.  The padd contained nothing that he was surprised to see, but he nodded in thanks anyway.  "Do what you can to flush them out," he said, his voice sounding leaden and monotone.  "Put her under if you have to."  

"I can't put her under quite yet," the doctor replied, shaking his head. "I need her to stay awake for a few more hours yet, just to be on the safe side." He pulled the chip from the PADD, setting both aside on a console. "I can give her medication that will accelerate her metabolic processes and encourage her body to flush them out itself, but it's not likely to be a pleasant process. She may experience withdrawal symptoms depending on how long she's been taking them." He then leveled a very serious look at the Commander and asked: "Do you have any knowledge of her taking these drugs herself? If she has..." he sighed heavily. "If she has, Commander, then I have to declare her unfit for command."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I can't put her under quite yet," the doctor replied, shaking his head.  "I need her to stay awake for a few more hours yet, just to be on the safe side."  He pulled the chip from the PADD, setting both aside on a console.  "I can give her medication that will accelerate her metabolic processes and encourage her body to flush them out itself, but it's not likely to be a pleasant process.  She may experience withdrawal symptoms depending on how long she's been taking them."  He then leveled a very serious look at the Commander and asked: "Do you have any knowledge of her taking these drugs herself?  If she has..."  he sighed heavily.  "If she has, Commander, then I have to declare her unfit for command."

"Do you think," Gabriel said, cocking his head to one side, "that this is a result of a rough night of partying it up?" Running his fingers through his hair, he held up a hand. "No, doc. I'm sorry. I know you have to ask these things. Does she use hallucinogens recreationally? No. I think it's pretty safe to say that she doesn't."

Pulling over a chair to her bedside, Gabriel took up Archangel's hand once again. He'd done this so often, been in this position so much, that he might as well have his name engraved on the chair. Reserved for an ineffectual doormat of a husband. "Do what you need to do, then. Let's not waste any more time."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 4:42 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Do you think," Gabriel said, cocking his head to one side, "that this is a result of a rough night of partying it up?"  Running his fingers through his hair, he held up a hand.  "No, doc.  I'm sorry.  I know you have to ask these things.  Does she use hallucinogens recreationally?   No.  I think it's pretty safe to say that she doesn't."  

Pulling over a chair to her bedside, Gabriel took up Archangel's hand once again.  He'd done this so often, been in this position so much, that he might as well have his name engraved on the chair.  Reserved for an ineffectual doormat of a husband.  "Do what you need to do, then.  Let's not waste any more time."

Archangel looked over at Gabriel, turning her head slowly to avoid the sloshing feeling. Moving to the other side of the biobed, the doctor loaded yet another hypo with the metabolic stimulant, injecting it into her neck. He then turned away, busying himself with putting together various medications into one cocktail, which was then loaded into a hypo.

"I've done all that I can for now. That knee joint will need replaced, but I won't do that until she's stronger. More regen will need to be done one her arm, which will be done tomorrow." He looked up at Gabriel, scrutinising him for a moment. "I can discharge her to rest in her quarters if you'd prefer, but she must stay off her leg and rest."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel looked over at Gabriel, turning her head slowly to avoid the sloshing feeling.  Moving to the other side of the biobed, the doctor loaded yet another hypo with the metabolic stimulant, injecting it into her neck.  He then turned away, busying himself with putting together various medications into one cocktail, which was then loaded into a hypo.

"I've done all that I can for now.  That knee joint will need replaced, but I won't do that until she's stronger.  More regen will need to be done one her arm, which will be done tomorrow."  He looked up at Gabriel, scrutinising him for a moment.  "I can discharge her to rest in her quarters if you'd prefer, but she must stay off her leg and rest."

"Understood. Go ahead and release her, then. Here," Gabriel said, taking up the padd the man had used before, and calling up the proper paperwork. "This is a command transfer document, placing Captain T'Koris on medical leave and putting me as captain acting. I'll need this forwarded to the CMO as well. But...tomorrow." Let Chira and Henriks have peace for tonight.

[Quarters]

Once they had returned to their quarters, Gabriel dismissed the holositter that he'd remotely activated while in Sickbay. Archangel's antigrav chair sat by the bed she currently occupied, while Gabriel had gone about the process of getting her set up and tucked in and comforted. All the while not speaking a word, not trusting his own voice not to fail him. Tell me everything, one part of him screamed, while the other just wanted to bury his head in the metaphorical sand. Silence seemed to appease them both, for now.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 8:07 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Quarters]

Once they had returned to their quarters, Gabriel dismissed the holositter that he'd remotely activated while in Sickbay.  Archangel's antigrav chair sat by the bed she currently occupied, while Gabriel had gone about the process of getting her set up and tucked in and comforted.  All the while not speaking a word, not trusting his own voice not to fail him.  Tell me everything, one part of him screamed, while the other just wanted to bury his head in the metaphorical sand.  Silence seemed to appease them both, for now.

For once, Archangel hadn't uttered a word of protest as Gabriel worked to get her situated in bed. He didn't say anything either. That could either be a comforting thought, or a very bad sign. She wasn't all that sure which one it was. She lifted one hand, looking at it, noting the trembling that had started in it.

"It's starting," she murmured, more to herself than to Gabriel. She let her hand fall back to the bed. Then another thought occurred to her and she struggled to sit up. "The PADD! Ikelos left a PADD!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 8:22 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

For once, Archangel hadn't uttered a word of protest as Gabriel worked to get her situated in bed.  He didn't say anything either.  That could either be a comforting thought, or a very bad sign.  She wasn't all that sure which one it was.  She lifted one hand, looking at it, noting the trembling that had started in it.

"It's starting," she murmured, more to herself than to Gabriel.  She let her hand fall back to the bed.  Then another thought occurred to her and she struggled to sit up.  "The PADD!  Ikelos left a PADD!"

Archangel seemed to be as quiet as Gabriel. It felt a little strange, not hearing her protest about how she didn't need nursemaided, or how she wasn't that hurt. Was it the medicine? Or the fact that strained, distant silence seemed to fit the pair of them better than anything else, now?

Once she was settled in, Gabriel pulled a chair over to the bedside, his usual position transposed from sickbay and into their own home. "Arch," he quietly began, "I -- "

Wait, what had she said? It was starting? What was? "Padd. Right." In all the confusion, he'd forgotten the damn thing. Hopping up quickly, Gabriel retrieved the discarded device from the living room, bringing it back to her. "What's on it?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 8:35 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Archangel seemed to be as quiet as Gabriel.  It felt a little strange, not hearing her protest about how she didn't need nursemaided, or how she wasn't that hurt.  Was it the medicine?  Or the fact that strained, distant silence seemed to fit the pair of them better than anything else, now?

Once she was settled in, Gabriel pulled a chair over to the bedside, his usual position transposed from sickbay and into their own home.  "Arch," he quietly began, "I -- "

Wait, what had she said?  It was starting?  What was?  "Padd.  Right."  In all the confusion, he'd forgotten the damn thing.  Hopping up quickly, Gabriel retrieved the discarded device from the living room, bringing it back to her.  "What's on it?"

It took a disconcerting amount of effort for Archangel to take the PADD. Her hands didn't seem to want to work with her and even inputting her security code onto the device took several attempts as her fingers shook.

Once she was into the information contained on the PADD, she seemed to relax, letting her head fall back onto the pillow and the hand with the PADD to the bed. She looked to Gabriel and shifted her hand to try to hold it out to him. "It's over... for now."

Evaluation: Compromised.
Nemesis to sleep until further notice.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2015 9:28 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It took a disconcerting amount of effort for Archangel to take the PADD.  Her hands didn't seem to want to work with her and even inputting her security code onto the device took several attempts as her fingers shook.

Once she was into the information contained on the PADD, she seemed to relax, letting her head fall back onto the pillow and the hand with the PADD to the bed.  She looked to Gabriel and shifted her hand to try to hold it out to him.  "It's over... for now."

Evaluation: Compromised.  
Nemesis to sleep until further notice.

Over...? Gabriel reached down and took up the padd, reading its contents several times over, even though they were only two sentences. Compromised. Just like she was nothing but a commodity to them, to be used how they saw fit. Because that's exactly what she is to them.

His grip on the padd tightened until his white-knuckled pressure sent little spiderwebbing cracks dancing across the screen. Slamming it down on the floor with a loud clatter, Gabriel dropped into the chair like a dead weight, staring down at the little cuts on his fingers. "Sleep. Just like that, huh." He looked over at his wife, his expression still numb. "It's a trick. I don't believe it."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 7:39 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Over...?  Gabriel reached down and took up the padd, reading its contents several times over, even though they were only two sentences.  Compromised.  Just like she was nothing but a commodity to them, to be used how they saw fit.  Because that's exactly what she is to them.

His grip on the padd tightened until his white-knuckled pressure sent little spiderwebbing cracks dancing across the screen.  Slamming it down on the floor with a loud clatter, Gabriel dropped into the chair like a dead weight, staring down at the little cuts on his fingers.  "Sleep.  Just like that, huh."  He looked over at his wife, his expression still numb.  "It's a trick.  I don't believe it."

Archangel flinched away as Gabriel flung the PADD, cowering away as much as her battered body would allow. As much as Section 31 had battered and tortured her, they had done worse to him through her. She wanted to believe that they had finished with her for now, that she could go back to living a normal life, that she could stop constantly looking out of the corner of her eye for the little signs that showed that they were watching her.

She didn't know what to say to him. She couldn't blame him for his reaction, that was for sure, but on the other hand, Archangel was desperate to believe it. To believe that the nightmare was over even if it was only temporary.

"Please... Gabriel... Even if it's just for a few days, let me believe it."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next