Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] Empty
PostSubject: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:29 pm

[USS Phoenix - Sickbay]

It had taken two security officers, a banishment from the bridge and engineering, orders from the CMO and the First Officer and eventually a hypo of sedative, but Archangel was finally in sickbay and had undergone the operation that would at least partially repair her knee.  Due to the damage the original injury had caused and her refusal to either rest it or have surgery on it, it was going to require several interventions before she was completely healed.

For now, though, she was sitting up on a biobed in a small room off the main sickbay, glaring at everyone who went past.  Some smart arse had rigged up an alarm that would alert the nurse on duty should she leave the bed without permission.  She drummed her fingers on the surface of the bed.  Two days off her leg?  So far, she had only been awake for a couple of hours.  

This was not going to be fun.

Last edited by Archangel T'Koris on Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 5:26 pm

[Sickbay]

"Hello?" Gabriel said, tentatively peeking his head into the recovery ward of sickbay. A squirming bundle of Aria was in his arms, dressed in a dark purple suit of overalls, emblazoned with a blasting rocket ship. Beside him walked -walked- Seika. The young girl still had a little bit of a catch in her step, but it was getting better by the day. That, combined with the natural exuberance of a child...it was almost enough to make her look as if the injury had never happened. Not that I could ever forget it, he thought, his mind going involuntarily back to that day. A scene which still woke him at night, sweating and terrified.

Gabriel smiled as he saw his wife. He knew she'd be something like a holy terror during her convalescence, short as it was. "Hullo, Angel," he grinned. At the sound of her mother's name, Aria stooped her squirming, her soft cheeks beaming a smile. "Hullo!" she said, an echo of her father.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 5:44 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Sickbay]

"Hello?" Gabriel said, tentatively peeking his head into the recovery ward of sickbay.  A squirming bundle of Aria was in his arms, dressed in a dark purple suit of overalls, emblazoned with a blasting rocket ship.  Beside him walked -walked- Seika.  The young girl still had a little bit of a catch in her step, but it was getting better by the day.  That, combined with the natural exuberance of a child...it was almost enough to make her look as if the injury had never happened.  Not that I could ever forget it, he thought, his mind going involuntarily back to that day.  A scene which still woke him at night, sweating and terrified.

Gabriel smiled as he saw his wife.  He knew she'd be something like a holy terror during her convalescence, short as it was.  "Hullo, Angel," he grinned.  At the sound of her mother's name, Aria stooped her squirming, her soft cheeks beaming a smile.  "Hullo!" she said, an echo of her father.

Archangel had been examining the controls at the side of the biobed, wondering if she could somehow disable the mechanism that set off an alarm should she try to get out of bed, when Gabriel poked his head into the ward. Her head snapped up with a briefly guilty expression which then turned into a smile at the sight of her husband and daughters.

"Hello, you lot," she said, pushing herself up into a better sitting position. Gabriel using his nickname for her, hearing Aria speak, seeing Seika walk... both were things that made her heart soar. However, she poked her tongue out at him. "Always nice to have visitors!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 5:57 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel had been examining the controls at the side of the biobed, wondering if she could somehow disable the mechanism that set off an alarm should she try to get out of bed, when Gabriel poked his head into the ward.  Her head snapped up with a briefly guilty expression which then turned into a smile at the sight of her husband and daughters.

"Hello, you lot," she said, pushing herself up into a better sitting position.  Gabriel using his nickname for her, hearing Aria speak, seeing Seika walk... both were things that made her heart soar.  However, she poked her tongue out at him.  "Always nice to have visitors!"

Seika gave a little squeal of delight, sprinting over to her mother's bedside. After having been held down by her injuries for so long, it seemed like a miracle just to get her to do anything slowly at all. "And we love being visitors," Gabriel said. "There's no security detail outside, so I guess you haven't threatened too many of the medical staff."

One of the nurses followed the trio into Archangel's ward room, pushing an anti-grav chair, leaving it with a nod after handing a padd to Gabriel. He scrolled through it, handing it to his wife with a small smile. "As nice as visiting is..." he said, referring to the point at which her thumbsig was required, "...I think it's nicer to go home."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 6:06 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Seika gave a little squeal of delight, sprinting over to her mother's bedside.  After having been held down by her injuries for so long, it seemed like a miracle just to get her to do anything slowly at all.  "And we love being visitors," Gabriel said.  "There's no security detail outside, so I guess you haven't threatened too many of the medical staff."

One of the nurses followed the trio into Archangel's ward room, pushing an anti-grav chair, leaving it with a nod after handing a padd to Gabriel.  He scrolled through it, handing it to his wife with a small smile.  "As nice as visiting is..." he said, referring to the point at which her thumbsig was required, "...I think it's nicer to go home."

A wide smile split Archangel's face as the monkey of a five-year-old scrambled up onto the biobed to hug her mother, a gesture which was enthusiastically returned. Seika may still struggle from time to time, especially when she (eventually) tired, but there was little better than being able to see her running down the corridors of the ship again, getting into trouble.

The smile became a little more wry and was turned to Gabriel at the mention of the lack of security detail outside her door. "They're on their break," she joked back. "The nurses here threatened me with enough sedatives to take down an enraged Klingon for a month!"

She took the proffered PADD, also reading through it as a matter of habit. All the usual things, medication dosages, stay of the leg for two days, vague threats should she not comply with the orders... She thumbprinted the PADD and handed it back to Gabriel with a smile. "Any excuse to get out of here is fine with me, especially if it's to go home!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 06, 2015 10:41 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

A wide smile split Archangel's face as the monkey of a five-year-old scrambled up onto the biobed to hug her mother, a gesture which was enthusiastically returned.  Seika may still struggle from time to time, especially when she (eventually) tired, but there was little better than being able to see her running down the corridors of the ship again, getting into trouble.  

The smile became a little more wry and was turned to Gabriel at the mention of the lack of security detail outside her door.  "They're on their break," she joked back.  "The nurses here threatened me with enough sedatives to take down an enraged Klingon for a month!"

She took the proffered PADD, also reading through it as a matter of habit.  All the usual things, medication dosages, stay of the leg for two days, vague threats should she not comply with the orders...  She thumbprinted the PADD and handed it back to Gabriel with a smile.  "Any excuse to get out of here is fine with me, especially if it's to go home!"

It only took a few minutes to gather all of Archangel's things - of which there were not many - from Sickbay and get her situated in the anti-grav chair. Gabriel was a little surprised at the lack of protesting on his wife's part, but he also assumed that the presence of her whole family, plus the fact that she was going home, had a lot to do with that.

[Quarters]

Gabe watched with an amused look as Seika practically bubbled and bounced out of her shoes the entire walk home. It was painfully obvious that the little girl had something on her mind, but to her credit, she kept her patience. Just barely.

"Welcome home, e'lev," he grinned as the door shut behind them. Gabriel set Aria down, allowing the little toddler to...well, toddle around. She was getting pretty good at it. "Dinner will be served promptly at five...that is, once you tell me what you want." Seika continued to bounce in place. "Can I show her noooow, daddy?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 2:48 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Quarters]

Gabe watched with an amused look as Seika practically bubbled and bounced out of her shoes the entire walk home.  It was painfully obvious that the little girl had something on her mind, but to her credit, she kept her patience.  Just barely.

"Welcome home, e'lev," he grinned as the door shut behind them.  Gabriel set Aria down, allowing the little toddler to...well, toddle around.  She was getting pretty good at it.  "Dinner will be served promptly at five...that is, once you tell me what you want."  Seika continued to bounce in place.  "Can I show her noooow, daddy?"

The fact that Seika was so obviously bursting to tell her something was a source of great curiosity to Archangel, but she refrained from asking quite yet. Instead, she concentrated on the piloting of the anti-grav chair through the passages.

As soon as the door to their quarters slid shut behind the young family, Archangel pushed herself out of the chair with a quiet groan, gradually putting weight on the partially repaired leg. She had been about to respond to Gabriel when Seika spoke. Archangel gave the little girl a gentle smile. "Tell me what, sweetheart?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:23 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The fact that Seika was so obviously bursting to tell her something was a source of great curiosity to Archangel, but she refrained from asking quite yet.  Instead, she concentrated on the piloting of the anti-grav chair through the passages.

As soon as the door to their quarters slid shut behind the young family, Archangel pushed herself out of the chair with a quiet groan, gradually putting weight on the partially repaired leg.  She had been about to respond to Gabriel when Seika spoke.  Archangel gave the little girl a gentle smile.  "Tell me what, sweetheart?"

Gabe cocked an eyebrow at Archangel's standing up on her knee, but said nothing.  He had determined that he wasn't going to bother her about it until she started to do something egregiously physical, like Klingon calisthenics, or something.  Actually, he probably would worry over it much sooner, but...just not right now.

"About the surpriiiise," Seika said, still bouncing in place.  Gabriel smiled at his eldest, nodding.  "Alright, lil' lady.  Do you think you can handle it by yourself?"  Nodding quickly, Seika bounded off into her room, Aria following close behind.  

A few moments later, she emerged, carrying a flat platform, carefully stepping to avoid dropping it.  Upon the platform was built a model of a Nebula-class engine room, complete with a standing, double-level M/ARA, trouble table, consoles...the works.  All of it had been made from glued-together wood pieces and painted.  "Daddy asked me if I wanted to build a dollhouse," the little girl said, rolling her eyes and beaming proudly.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2015 7:37 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe cocked an eyebrow at Archangel's standing up on her knee, but said nothing.  He had determined that he wasn't going to bother her about it until she started to do something egregiously physical, like Klingon calisthenics, or something.  Actually, he probably would worry over it much sooner, but...just not right now.

"About the surpriiiise," Seika said, still bouncing in place.  Gabriel smiled at his eldest, nodding.  "Alright, lil' lady.  Do you think you can handle it by yourself?"  Nodding quickly, Seika bounded off into her room, Aria following close behind.  

A few moments later, she emerged, carrying a flat platform, carefully stepping to avoid dropping it.  Upon the platform was built a model of a Nebula-class engine room, complete with a standing, double-level M/ARA, trouble table, consoles...the works.  All of it had been made from glued-together wood pieces and painted.  "Daddy asked me if I wanted to build a dollhouse," the little girl said, rolling her eyes and beaming proudly.

Having looked to Gabriel in the hope of him giving her some clarification as to the surprise Seika was hiding from her, Archangel was instead faced with the raised eyebrow of disapproval. She refrained from rolling her eyes. Yes, the orders may have stated that under no circumstances was she to put weight on that leg, but she wasn't made of glass.

Before she could say anything though, Seika reappeared with a scale model of the ship's enging room. A wide smile spread over her face. That's our little engineer, she though to herself. Of course Seika wouldn't want to make a plain old dollhouse.

"Silly Daddy for having suggested a dollhouse. Engineering is a far better model to play with!" She said warmly, pride tinging her voice.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 10:55 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Having looked to Gabriel in the hope of him giving her some clarification as to the surprise Seika was hiding from her, Archangel was instead faced with the raised eyebrow of disapproval.  She refrained from rolling her eyes.  Yes, the orders may have stated that under no circumstances was she to put weight on that leg, but she wasn't made of glass.  

Before she could say anything though, Seika reappeared with a scale model of the ship's enging room.  A wide smile spread over her face.  That's our little engineer, she though to herself.  Of course Seika wouldn't want to make a plain old dollhouse.  

"Silly Daddy for having suggested a dollhouse.  Engineering is a far better model to play with!" She said warmly, pride tinging her voice.  

"Yeah, silly daddy," Gabe laughed, hugging Seika briefly as he knelt down to her level. With the engine room model balanced on the coffee table, it was in a much sturdier place. "The lil' lady here did almost all of the painting herself, too," he said, pointing out the cool blue of the M/ARA columns. There was a section, though, that was colored in wild oranges and pinks that matched no known Federation standard design. "Er, except for here. That was Aria's contribution."

Hearing her name, the toddler moved closer to the group, clinging to Archangel's pant leg and beaming up with adoringly mis-matched eyes. "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" she repeated - a habit that she'd started not long ago. Gabe knew that she'd start spouting full sentences, soon.

Seika cocked an eyebrow at her sister, obviously not thrilled at all with all the 'help' that Aria had given to the project. It reminded him quite a lot of a story Chira told about a dollhouse that she had put together at about the same age...and of the remodeling that a certain toddling, curly-headed little boy had attempted.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 8:17 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"Yeah, silly daddy," Gabe laughed, hugging Seika briefly as he knelt down to her level.  With the engine room model balanced on the coffee table, it was in a much sturdier place.  "The lil' lady here did almost all of the painting herself, too," he said, pointing out the cool blue of the M/ARA columns.  There was a section, though, that was colored in wild oranges and pinks that matched no known Federation standard design.  "Er, except for here.  That was Aria's contribution."

Hearing her name, the toddler moved closer to the group, clinging to Archangel's pant leg and beaming up with adoringly mis-matched eyes.  "Mommy, mommy, mommy!" she repeated - a habit that she'd started not long ago.  Gabe knew that she'd start spouting full sentences, soon.  

Seika cocked an eyebrow at her sister, obviously not thrilled at all with all the 'help' that Aria had given to the project.  It reminded him quite a lot of a story Chira told about a dollhouse that she had put together at about the same age...and of the remodeling that a certain toddling, curly-headed little boy had attempted.

Having noticed the area of the model with somewhat unorthodox colours, the explanation provided by Gabriel made a lot of sense as to why it was like that. There was still a warm feeling curled up in her chest that Seika had chosen to recreate an engineering section. While she would never even dream of forcing Seika into a career path, she had always secretly hoped that the little girl would eventually follow her into engineering.

Looking down as she felt something latch onto her leg, she smiled at the sight of Aria babbling up at her. She knelt down, groaning with the strain on her knee, to pick up the toddler, balancing the child on her hip. Pain spiked through her leg, but she considered it to be worth it so that she could hold her daughter. She nuzzled the golden curls.

"Hello there, Aria," she said, gently tapping the tip of the little girl's nose with her finger. "Has your daddy been feeding you lots of sweets again?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 12:03 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Having noticed the area of the model with somewhat unorthodox colours, the explanation provided by Gabriel made a lot of sense as to why it was like that.  There was still a warm feeling curled up in her chest that Seika had chosen to recreate an engineering section.  While she would never even dream of forcing Seika into a career path, she had always secretly hoped that the little girl would eventually follow her into engineering.

Looking down as she felt something latch onto her leg, she smiled at the sight of Aria babbling up at her.  She knelt down, groaning with the strain on her knee, to pick up the toddler, balancing the child on her hip.  Pain spiked through her leg, but she considered it to be worth it so that she could hold her daughter.  She nuzzled the golden curls.

"Hello there, Aria," she said, gently tapping the tip of the little girl's nose with her finger.  "Has your daddy been feeding you lots of sweets again?"

Aria's heterochromatic eyes nearly crossed as she tried to look at the finger that was tapping her nose, but she giggled nonetheless. "Maaa!" she said, nodding as if she had, indeed, found just the word she was looking for. The toddler's reasoning and thought processes still astounded Gabriel. He wondered if, perhaps, they had a true genius on their hands.

Maybe later. For now, she was just a little girl happy to see her mother. As was Archangel's husband. "None today," Gabriel said, somewhat sheepishly. "But I did --" he started to say, but Seika piped in from below them. "Daddy promised us ice cream after dinner!" the girl said, her blue eyes wide with excitement. Gabe knew that, with their Vulcanoid physiology, he couldn't feed the girls sweets all the time. He tried to make it as common of a special treat as he could, though.

"That's right," he said, lifting Seika up and letting her wrap her arms around his neck. Damn if she wasn't getting big! "Though...your mama'll have to tell me what she wants for dinner, first..."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Aria's heterochromatic eyes nearly crossed as she tried to look at the finger that was tapping her nose, but she giggled nonetheless.  "Maaa!" she said, nodding as if she had, indeed, found just the word she was looking for.  The toddler's reasoning and thought processes still astounded Gabriel.  He wondered if, perhaps, they had a true genius on their hands.  

Maybe later.  For now, she was just a little girl happy to see her mother.  As was Archangel's husband.  "None today," Gabriel said, somewhat sheepishly.  "But I did --" he started to say, but Seika piped in from below them.  "Daddy promised us ice cream after dinner!" the girl said, her blue eyes wide with excitement.  Gabe knew that, with their Vulcanoid physiology, he couldn't feed the girls sweets all the time.  He tried to make it as common of a special treat as he could, though.

"That's right," he said, lifting Seika up and letting her wrap her arms around his neck.  Damn if she wasn't getting big!  "Though...your mama'll have to tell me what she wants for dinner, first..."

"Daddy promised you ice cream after dinner, did he?" Archangel repeated, raising one eyebrow at her husband, although the expression of faint amusement took the heat from it.  "Well, Daddy is a push over."

Leaning down again, she set Aria back on the carpeted deck plates, watching as the little girl toddled off to pick up her favourite plush starship from the various little piles of toys that had become a fixture in their quarters.  Archangel glanced back to Gabriel as he hinted that it was dinner time.

"I think I'll be passing on dinner tonight," she told him before going on to explain before he could get a word in to protest.  "Some of the drugs Henriks used during the surgery are turning my stomach right now."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 5:04 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Daddy promised you ice cream after dinner, did he?" Archangel repeated, raising one eyebrow at her husband, although the expression of faint amusement took the heat from it.  "Well, Daddy is a push over."

Leaning down again, she set Aria back on the carpeted deck plates, watching as the little girl toddled off to pick up her favourite plush starship from the various little piles of toys that had become a fixture in their quarters.  Archangel glanced back to Gabriel as he hinted that it was dinner time.

"I think I'll be passing on dinner tonight," she told him before going on to explain before he could get a word in to protest.  "Some of the drugs Henriks used during the surgery are turning my stomach right now."

Gabe lifted his hands in a gesture of mock-surrender as his wife mentioned his being a pushover. It wasn't anything that he had any real defense against...he knew that he was quite doting when it came to fatherhood. Fortunately, the girls were very well-behaved. Except for when they took pieces of the ship apart, that was...

He couldn't help a bit of a crestfallen look from creeping onto his features as Archangel mentioned that she didn't want to eat, though it did make sense, especially since she'd just come from the operation. Thankfully, he hadn't gone ahead and made the food. She might have forced herself to eat just to spare his feelings.

"Alright," Gabe nodded, setting Seika down so she could join her sister. "Well, I can make something for the girls, then." He knew how averse his wife was to eating, and hoped that she wouldn't use the excuse to skip more than a few meals. For now, though, she had the benefit of the doubt. "What about a nutritional supplement? Can I get you anything like that? And get off that leg," he added, poking his tongue.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2015 6:00 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe lifted his hands in a gesture of mock-surrender as his wife mentioned his being a pushover.  It wasn't anything that he had any real defense against...he knew that he was quite doting when it came to fatherhood.  Fortunately, the girls were very well-behaved.  Except for when they took pieces of the ship apart, that was...

He couldn't help a bit of a crestfallen look from creeping onto his features as Archangel mentioned that she didn't want to eat, though it did make sense, especially since she'd just come from the operation.  Thankfully, he hadn't gone ahead and made the food.  She might have forced herself to eat just to spare his feelings.

"Alright," Gabe nodded, setting Seika down so she could join her sister.  "Well, I can make something for the girls, then."  He knew how averse his wife was to eating, and hoped that she wouldn't use the excuse to skip more than a few meals.  For now, though, she had the benefit of the doubt.  "What about a nutritional supplement?  Can I get you anything like that?  And get off that leg," he added, poking his tongue.

Archangel watched as Seika made her way over to the model she had made, where Trouble had apparently taken residence at the top of the matter/anti-matter array. She still moved a little stiffly, her run an awkward gambol, but the fluidity would come once her joints had loosened up a little more. They had been immobile for so long that they just needed time to become accustomed to movement again.

She stuck her tongue out in response to Gabriel's, although she couldn't stop the slight smile that tugged at the corners of her lips as she did so. "What medical doesn't know won't hurt them," she replied. She was going to have to go back anyway for a couple of follow up operations in any case, and there was no way in the universe that she was going to stay down for however long after each one of them. "Come on, the girls'll be getting hungry. I'll give you a hand with cooking."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 10, 2015 11:40 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel watched as Seika made her way over to the model she had made, where Trouble had apparently taken residence at the top of the matter/anti-matter array.  She still moved a little stiffly, her run an awkward gambol, but the fluidity would come once her joints had loosened up a little more.  They had been immobile for so long that they just needed time to become accustomed to movement again.

She stuck her tongue out in response to Gabriel's, although she couldn't stop the slight smile that tugged at the corners of her lips as she did so.  "What medical doesn't know won't hurt them," she replied.  She was going to have to go back anyway for a couple of follow up operations in any case, and there was no way in the universe that she was going to stay down for however long after each one of them.  "Come on, the girls'll be getting hungry.  I'll give you a hand with cooking."

"Indeed," Gabe said, cocking an eyebrow. "And you're lucky I love you too much to report on you to them..."

He wasn't entirely thrilled about her helping him cook, but he didn't exactly plan on sitting on her to keep her down, either. It was a delicate balance he knew he was going to have to walk with Archangel. She was headstrong, and wasn't easy to keep down in any circumstance. Just so long as she wasn't putting herself in real danger.

Aria and Seika moved off to their various toys and coloring, and Gabe and Arch moved to the kitchen. "I was thinking a small salad, and maybe some chicken wraps, along with Aria's food. And maybe you could take a bite of the salad, if you wanted to." He glanced over at the girls, dropping the volume of his voice. "You know...they've both goth birthdays coming up, soon..."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 6:32 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Indeed," Gabe said, cocking an eyebrow.  "And you're lucky I love you too much to report on you to them..."

He wasn't entirely thrilled about her helping him cook, but he didn't exactly plan on sitting on her to keep her down, either.  It was a delicate balance he knew he was going to have to walk with Archangel.  She was headstrong, and wasn't easy to keep down in any circumstance.  Just so long as she wasn't putting herself in real danger.

Aria and Seika moved off to their various toys and coloring, and Gabe and Arch moved to the kitchen.  "I was thinking a small salad, and maybe some chicken wraps, along with Aria's food.  And maybe you could take a bite of the salad, if you wanted to."  He glanced over at the girls, dropping the volume of his voice.  "You know...they've both goth birthdays coming up, soon..."

Archangel followed Gabriel into the kitchen although she moved a little slower than he did.  She may not be one to be kept down, but she also knew that she couldn't be stupid or the doctors would know that she hadn't been resting as she was supposed to.

Opening the stasis unit, she pulled out some of the food they had picked up at their last stop over, setting it out on the counter before pulling out a knife to start chopping up the chicken.  The mention of the girl's birthdays gave her pause for thoughts, however.

"We're due to stop off at Earth between the two, but it would be nice to do something on the day for the pair of them," she replied, keeping her voice as low as she could so as not to tip off the pointy little ears of their girls.  "Just what we can do is the question. I think that Seika's made a couple of friends on the ship though. Maybe she'd like a little party."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 11, 2015 10:04 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel followed Gabriel into the kitchen although she moved a little slower than he did.  She may not be one to be kept down, but she also knew that she couldn't be stupid or the doctors would know that she hadn't been resting as she was supposed to.

Opening the stasis unit, she pulled out some of the food they had picked up at their last stop over, setting it out on the counter before pulling out a knife to start chopping up the chicken.  The mention of the girl's birthdays gave her pause for thoughts, however.

"We're due to stop off at Earth between the two, but it would be nice to do something on the day for the pair of them," she replied, keeping her voice as low as she could so as not to tip off the pointy little ears of their girls.  "Just what we can do is the question.   I think that Seika's made a couple of friends on the ship though.  Maybe she'd like a little party."

Oh, he wanted to say something about her hobbling around the kitchenette when she should have been off her feet and resting, but Gabriel knew a lost cause when he saw one. Besides, it wasn't like she was throwing crates of thorium grease around, or something. Though he wouldn't put it past her...

"Arugula, romaine, kale, iceberg," Gabriel ordered fresh from the replicator. "Salad size for two adults." The leafy greens materialized in a convenient bowl, and he carried them over. "That sounds great, Arch. We'd all be in the same place, too." He dropped his voice even lower. "A party sounds like a plan. We can do it on the farm...I'm sure she'd love to ride a pony again."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 7:09 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Oh, he wanted to say something about her hobbling around the kitchenette when she should have been off her feet and resting, but Gabriel knew a lost cause when he saw one.  Besides, it wasn't like she was throwing crates of thorium grease around, or something.  Though he wouldn't put it past her...

"Arugula, romaine, kale, iceberg," Gabriel ordered fresh from the replicator.  "Salad size for two adults."  The leafy greens materialized in a convenient bowl, and he carried them over.  "That sounds great, Arch.  We'd all be in the same place, too."  He dropped his voice even lower.  "A party sounds like a plan.  We can do it on the farm...I'm sure she'd love to ride a pony again."

Archangel scooped up the meat that she had chopped up for the wraps and placed it into the frying pan that she had put on to heat, listening to the chicken sizzle before going on to make the sauce to go with it.

"We'll have to put in a subspace message to your grandparents pretty soon to see if it's ok, then," she murmured back as she stirred the ingredients together over the little stove, hoping to keep her voice down low enough not to tip off the girls as to their planning.  "Maybe Aria would like to try sitting on a pony as well.  She's big enough to try now."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:46 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel scooped up the meat that she had chopped up for the wraps and placed it into the frying pan that she had put on to heat, listening to the chicken sizzle before going on to make the sauce to go with it.

"We'll have to put in a subspace message to your grandparents pretty soon to see if it's ok, then," she murmured back as she stirred the ingredients together over the little stove, hoping to keep her voice down low enough not to tip off the girls as to their planning.  "Maybe Aria would like to try sitting on a pony as well.  She's big enough to try now."

"Yep, she is at that," Gabriel nodded, smiling as he looked over toward the two little girls who were rapidly becoming less 'little' every day. Seika would be old enough to start attending a primary school, soon. Perhaps one could be put together for her and the other children of an age that were on board. And Aria...it was amazing how she was growing, both physically and intellectually. It hardly seemed like any time at all had passed since the day he and Archangel had first held her in their arms.

Gabe finished mixing the salad, chopping up a smaller portion for Seika. "I doubt my grandparents would need much encouraging to host the family on the farm. I'm sure they'd not mind having half the ship there, either. Grandma'll need to know how much food to cook, though."

From where she lay on the floor, playing with her sister, Seika's raven-haired head popped up, her eyebrow cocked quizzically. "Why are you and mummy whispering?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 9:53 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Yep, she is at that," Gabriel nodded, smiling as he looked over toward the two little girls who were rapidly becoming less 'little' every day.  Seika would be old enough to start attending a primary school, soon.  Perhaps one could be put together for her and the other children of an age that were on board.  And Aria...it was amazing how she was growing, both physically and intellectually.  It hardly seemed like any time at all had passed since the day he and Archangel had first held her in their arms.  

Gabe finished mixing the salad, chopping up a smaller portion for Seika.  "I doubt my grandparents would need much encouraging to host the family on the farm.  I'm sure they'd not mind having half the ship there, either.  Grandma'll need to know how much food to cook, though."

From where she lay on the floor, playing with her sister, Seika's raven-haired head popped up, her eyebrow cocked quizzically.  "Why are you and mummy whispering?"

Archangel added the sauce to the chicken, mixing it all together before starting to put it in the wraps. Normal sized for Gabriel, smaller for Seika, then a small bowl of chicken with the wrap on the side for Aria.

"We can send a subspace to her after the girls have gone to bed," she replied to Gabriel before turning to look at Seika, smiling at their little girl. She was always so curious about everything. "We're just telling each other how much we love each other, sweetheart," Archangel replied with an innocent smile.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:12 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel added the sauce to the chicken, mixing it all together before starting to put it in the wraps.  Normal sized for Gabriel, smaller for Seika, then a small bowl of chicken with the wrap on the side for Aria.

"We can send a subspace to her after the girls have gone to bed," she replied to Gabriel before turning to look at Seika, smiling at their little girl.  She was always so curious about everything.  "We're just telling each other how much we love each other, sweetheart," Archangel replied with an innocent smile.

"Yeah..." Gabriel laughed.  "Sharp apparently doesn't just describe the shape of those ears.  Yes, lil' lady," he said, his voice back to normal volume.  "Your mama and I are whispering sweet nothings into each others' ears."  Gabe leaned over to his wife, making playful sounds close to her.  

From where she sat, Seika looked extremely unimpressed with her parents' antics.  "Big people are so gross," she said, crossing her arms and looking at Aria.  "I'm never gonna fall in love with anyone!"  Aria sat up, crossing her arms in perfect imitation of her sister.  "Lub!" she said, leaning over and wrapping the older girl in a hug.  "I lub you, Ika!"

"Good, that means we don't have to deal with you dating," Gabe murmured, walking over to pick Aria up.  "Alright, you two.  Time for dinner!  Let's get washed up."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2015 10:59 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Yeah..." Gabriel laughed.  "Sharp apparently doesn't just describe the shape of those ears.  Yes, lil' lady," he said, his voice back to normal volume.  "Your mama and I are whispering sweet nothings into each others' ears."  Gabe leaned over to his wife, making playful sounds close to her.  

From where she sat, Seika looked extremely unimpressed with her parents' antics.  "Big people are so gross," she said, crossing her arms and looking at Aria.  "I'm never gonna fall in love with anyone!"  Aria sat up, crossing her arms in perfect imitation of her sister.  "Lub!" she said, leaning over and wrapping the older girl in a hug.  "I lub you, Ika!"

"Good, that means we don't have to deal with you dating," Gabe murmured, walking over to pick Aria up.  "Alright, you two.  Time for dinner!  Let's get washed up."

A pale green blush crept over Archangel's cheekbones as Gabriel leaned toward her, his breath tickling the sensitive points of her own ears. After giving him a playful, disapproving look, she turned her attention back to her daughters.

"That's what I thought, Seika, and look where I ended up!" she joked back, limping over to help the girl wash her hands. In all honesty, she pitied anyone who wanted to date the two girls when they were older. The amount of scrutiny that they were likely to some under from both herself and Gabriel would be intense.

Once the girls were cleaned up and seated at the table, Archangel brought the plates out from where they had been keeping warm, setting them in front of the three members of her family before taking her own seat in front of a cup of tea.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 12:14 am

[Later]

With dinner consumed and cleaned up, the next task was, as always, getting their rambunctious little space cadets settled down and ready for bed. Easier said than done, of course, but Gabriel's hand was getting more and more practiced at it. Arch had an advantage, there, having a few more years' experience in child-rearing, especially since the job of raising Seika had been hers alone, before he had entered their life. It had been a long and sometimes very strange road to that point, now years in the past. But he would have traded nothing else in the universe for his life, and the family he shared it with.

"I'm not even sleepy, daddy," Seika protested, after a jaw-creaking yawn. Gabriel grinned knowingly at her, raising his eyebrows. "Why, of course you're not, lil' lady. I'd never suggest such a thing. I'm sure you won't mind a few more pages of story, though...right?" The little girl gave a groggy nod of her head, her eyes flittering shut as he finished reading one of her favorite stories - 'The Poky Little Puppy'.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 14, 2015 11:22 am

With Gabriel occupying himself with putting Seika to bed, Archangel took care of Aria, bathing the toddler so as to remove all traces of the chicken sauce that she had managed to get smeared everywhere before dressing her in a clean onesie for bed. Archangel loved that onesie. It had been a present from Chira and had 'Starship Captain in Training' written on it.

Carrying the toddler into the girls' bedroom, Archangel lay her down in the little bed that they had replicated to replace the crib. As she went to straighten up, she found a tiny hand clutching her sleeve and beautifully mismatched eyes looking up at her.

"Moos, Mummy?" she asked. The young Romulan smiled softly at her daughter, leaning down again to kiss the golden curls.

"Of course I'll play music for you, little one," she replied, limping through to the lounge to retrieve her lute. Returning to the little bedroom, she raised one eyebrow at her youngest daughter as she saw that the little girl was sitting up in bed again. Taking a seat on the edge of the bed, she got Aria to lie back down again and tucked the blankets around her before picking up the lute and starting to play.

She was starting to get better with the instrument, able to play more complex tunes that the girls seemed to enjoy. She wasn't sure whether Gabriel did or not, but he was continuing to encourage her to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]   Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pinned [Archangel/Gabriel]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next