Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] Empty
PostSubject: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 3:50 pm

[Arthur-T'Koris Quarters]

Archangel was starting to question the wisdom in having Jiseth and Zero over for dinner in their quarters. She was running behind schedule since an Admiral had decided to make a surprise subspace call about a nebula they were in the middle of examining. She quickly checked on the chicken currently roasting in the cooking station before gathering up a pile of PADDs knocked over by toddler hands, shelving them haphazardly.

She was relieved that they had decided to have this as an informal gathering, meaning that the fact that she was wearing her red uniform undershirt didn't really matter. She had discarded the grey jacket over the back of the sofa some time ago, although Seika appeared to have pinched it to play dress up with.

Wait a minute.

"Gabriel? Where's Aria?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 8:56 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel was starting to question the wisdom in having Jiseth and Zero over for dinner in their quarters.  She was running behind schedule since an Admiral had decided to make a surprise subspace call about a nebula they were in the middle of examining.  She quickly checked on the chicken currently roasting in the cooking station before gathering up a pile of PADDs knocked over by toddler hands, shelving them haphazardly.  

She was relieved that they had decided to have this as an informal gathering, meaning that the fact that she was wearing her red uniform undershirt didn't really matter.  She had discarded the grey jacket over the back of the sofa some time ago, although Seika appeared to have pinched it to play dress up with.

Wait a minute.

"Gabriel?  Where's Aria?"

The smell of roasting beef filtered through the Arthur-T'Koris home. Gabriel smiled to himself as he thought about how hard Arch had been working on this whole thing. She'd shown a bit of reservation about the dinner, but...he was pretty sure she had no regrets. Gabriel considered Jiseth a friend, and he knew that his wife got on well with the Romulan pilot. The random factor remained Zero...the one they were trying to live a more normal life. If such a thing existed in their life.

"Hm?" he asked, as she inquired about their daughter. "Isn't she with you?" Ever since Aria had begun to toddle around and crawl everywhere, it was hard to keep track of her. "Umm...let me see," he frowned, not entirely worried, but...getting there.

Moving into the bedroom, he spied two small lumps under a fallen blanket. Grinning, Gabriel pulled it off, revealing one Seika and one Aria, surrounded by all their stuffed animals. With the two combined, they had quite the menagerie. "Hewo!" Aria giggled, waving Ollie the Owl. Seika frowned, rolling her eyes. "Daaaaaddy," she pouted. "We were cloaked!"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 3:55 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

The smell of roasting beef filtered through the Arthur-T'Koris home.  Gabriel smiled to himself as he thought about how hard Arch had been working on this whole thing.  She'd shown a bit of reservation about the dinner, but...he was pretty sure she had no regrets.  Gabriel considered Jiseth a friend, and he knew that his wife got on well with the Romulan pilot.  The random factor remained Zero...the one they were trying to live a more normal life.  If such a thing existed in their life.

"Hm?" he asked, as she inquired about their daughter.  "Isn't she with you?"  Ever since Aria had begun to toddle around and crawl everywhere, it was hard to keep track of her.  "Umm...let me see," he frowned, not entirely worried, but...getting there.

Moving into the bedroom, he spied two small lumps under a fallen blanket.  Grinning, Gabriel pulled it off, revealing one Seika and one Aria, surrounded by all their stuffed animals.  With the two combined, they had quite the menagerie.  "Hewo!" Aria giggled, waving Ollie the Owl.  Seika frowned, rolling her eyes.  "Daaaaaddy," she pouted.  "We were cloaked!"

Poking her head into the bedroom, the look of relief on Archangel's face was evident as she spotted Seika and Aria sitting on the floor, quite happily engaged in play. The relief turned to a smile as she saw that Seika was still wearing her uniform jacket, even though the garment looked comically big on her.

"Oops, maybe your cloaking device malfunctioned," she teased her daughter. "Come on, Zero and Jiseth will be here soon."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:50 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Poking her head into the bedroom, the look of relief on Archangel's face was evident as she spotted Seika and Aria sitting on the floor, quite happily engaged in play.  The relief turned to a smile as she saw that Seika was still wearing her uniform jacket, even though the garment looked comically big on her.

"Oops, maybe your cloaking device malfunctioned," she teased her daughter.  "Come on, Zero and Jiseth will be here soon."

"Malfunctioning cloaking devices!" Gabriel playfully exclaimed, snapping his fingers. "The curse of every great galactic skulker." Tossing the sheet back on the bed, Gabriel made a fairly decent attempt at straightening it. He'd never been much of a bed-maker, though.

Aria flapped Ollie's wings, rounding her mouth to make the sound "skuuuuuuuuwk", which Gabriel assumed she meant to be 'skulk'. From where she sat, Seika quirked an eyebrow, looking uncannily like her mother. "If I had been in charge of the ship, the cloak wouldn't have broke!" She glanced over at Aira, who was blissfully unaware of the charges being leveled against her. "Next time, I'm the captain."

"Alright," Gabriel said, beaming broadly. "Let's go." He picked Aria up, straightening the little dress the girl was wearing, glad to see it didn't have any food stains or anything else on it. At least he wouldn't have to change their clothing. "Are you girls excited about dinner?" In his arms, Aria was happily babbling away.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 6:59 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Malfunctioning cloaking devices!" Gabriel playfully exclaimed, snapping his fingers.  "The curse of every great galactic skulker."  Tossing the sheet back on the bed, Gabriel made a fairly decent attempt at straightening it.  He'd never been much of a bed-maker, though.

Aria flapped Ollie's wings, rounding her mouth to make the sound "skuuuuuuuuwk", which Gabriel assumed she meant to be 'skulk'.  From where she sat, Seika quirked an eyebrow, looking uncannily like her mother.  "If I had been in charge of the ship, the cloak wouldn't have broke!"  She glanced over at Aira, who was blissfully unaware of the charges being leveled against her.  "Next time, I'm the captain."

"Alright," Gabriel said, beaming broadly.  "Let's go."  He picked Aria up, straightening the little dress the girl was wearing, glad to see it didn't have any food stains or anything else on it.  At least he wouldn't have to change their clothing.  "Are you girls excited about dinner?"  In his arms, Aria was happily babbling away.

Archangel stepped further into the room, helping Seika back to her feet. The little girl was still wearing her leg braces, meaning that bending her knees and ankles wasn't possible. The young Romulan smiled at her daughter.

"Cloaking devices are very fragile elements on a Federation starship," she told Seika before dropping a kiss to the top of her head. "Sometimes, they just break and we don't know why. Anyway, come on. It'll be dinnertime soon!"

"DINNER!" Seika exclaimed, clapping her hands. "Is there going to be ice cream?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 7:16 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel stepped further into the room, helping Seika back to her feet.  The little girl was still wearing her leg braces, meaning that bending her knees and ankles wasn't possible.  The young Romulan smiled at her daughter.  

"Cloaking devices are very fragile elements on a Federation starship," she told Seika before dropping a kiss to the top of her head.  "Sometimes, they just break and we don't know why.  Anyway, come on.  It'll be dinnertime soon!"

"DINNER!" Seika exclaimed, clapping her hands.  "Is there going to be ice cream?"

"Of course," Gabriel answered his eldest, "how could there not be ice cream?" He was reminded of a long ago dinner that he had made for Archangel and Seika. Gabriel had been a junior engineering officer, back then...barely a lieutenant, but solely in charge of Seika's safety when Arch had gone to appease those bastards on Romulus. He'd discovered the child's love for ice cream, then. Archangel also later said that that was the night she'd realized she was falling in love with him. And I think I knew how I felt, all along, he thought, smiling at the memory. "Your mama's right, though. The engineer's motto should be: 'stuff happens'".

He followed the other two back into the main living room, setting Aria down on the floor. "Smells fantastic, Angel," he said. After a quick glance at the varied clothing they were all wearing, he gave a playful grin. "I'm guessing this ain't a black tie event?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 16, 2014 2:03 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Of course," Gabriel answered his eldest, "how could there not be ice cream?"  He was reminded of a long ago dinner that he had made for Archangel and Seika.  Gabriel had been a junior engineering officer, back then...barely a lieutenant, but solely in charge of Seika's safety when Arch had gone to appease those bastards on Romulus.  He'd discovered the child's love for ice cream, then.  Archangel also later said that that was the night she'd realized she was falling in love with him.  And I think I knew how I felt, all along, he thought, smiling at the memory.  "Your mama's right, though.  The engineer's motto should be: 'stuff happens'".

He followed the other two back into the main living room, setting Aria down on the floor.  "Smells fantastic, Angel," he said.  After a quick glance at the varied clothing they were all wearing, he gave a playful grin.  "I'm guessing this ain't a black tie event?"

"Stuff happens, now how do we fix it," Archangel amended. Seika just stuck her tongue out at her parents as she moved after them with the peculiar waddling gait that her leg braces made her move with. It wouldn't be long before they could do away with those braces and Seika could move on to walking with crutches alone and then...

The young Romulan had to smile as Gabriel brought up the clothes they were all wearing. Her in her uniform undershirt, Seika wearing the discarded jacket over her tunic and leggings, Aria with her dusty knees and inexplicable splashes of colour on her shirt.

"No, I don't think it's a black tie event."

Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Flight
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Post of the Month - Shore Leave
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 1:07 am

[Zero-Jiseth Quarters]

It was like looking at a version of herself aged a decade in the mirror as Jiseth stared at it from across the room. She sat on the end of the bed with both palms resting on the handle of a cane. Since she had required assistance in getting dressed for the occasion, the Romulan was taken care of first. Thankful for every day Zero had put up with her. The real work in Jiseth's mind was not in all the time spend in surgery, but trying to live day to day.

She refused to be confined to a chair. It would not make her legs heal any faster anyway and her blood would probably boil more than it did already. Especially when she would fall, though that was becoming less frequent. Most of her flying was done with her hands so her simulator time was still useful. Soon she would have to see Chira for counseling. Sleep was difficult without some medicinal aid and even then she would still sometimes wake up in the middle of the night screaming. Some days she wished for her memory to be wiped and just given mechanical legs.

Turning away from the mirror, Jiseth looked toward Zero getting into her evening attire. A sight that still was quite appealing. Slowly she leaned over and placed her chin on top of her hands with a slight smirk, "Every time we dress up it reminds me of when we first met. At least my ears are still pointy, e'lev."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 6:33 am

[Alpha-Jiseth Quarters]

Since Archangel had specified that this was an informal occasion, Zero was presented with a bit of a dilemma. She owned formalwear, and she owned uniforms, and nothing in between. She huffed quietly in front of the closet in the quarters she shared with Jiseth, sticking out her bottom lip in a pout.

With a sigh, she picked out a button-down shirt and pulled it on with her uniform trousers. It would have to do. She looked back towards Jiseth, smiling softly at her lover.

"And I am still your snowflake," she replied, moving to sit next to the Romulan. Her expression turned to one of concern and she took one of Jiseth's hands in hers. "Are you strong enough for this?"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 9:29 am

[Alpha-Jiseth Quarters]

"It's just a dinner. I just need to get there and back. Doubt I'll be moving much once we arrive anyway. Besides..." Pushing herself up with the support of the cane, Jiseth stood upright slowly. Giving a firm squeeze of Zero's hand she could not help but smile warmly to her significant other.

"...If anything happens, my doctor will be there." Lowering herself slightly, the Romulan kissed the top of her Augment's hand. A strange gesture she thought, which must seem another foible of society that Zero would have to wrap her head around. Such things were in no short supply.

"I'll take it slowly. I promise."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:13 am

[Alpha-Jiseth Quarters]

For a few moments, Zero scanned Jiseth's face, looking for any sign that the Romulan was saying what she had said just to keep the Augment from worrying. Then she nodded slowly and stood up with her girlfriend. The kiss to the hand made her frown slightly, but she tucked it away in her head to think about later.

"Yes, you will take it slowly. It may come as something of a relief that Captain T'Koris was in the same condition not so long ago. I believe that she is still recovering herself."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:32 am

[Alpha-Jiseth Quarters]

"Tough one, our captain. Guess I have the honor of our mutual heritage to maintain. I won't let her down. Or you." Taking Zero's arm in her own, Jiseth departed their home. Any chance for a date she took, even in her current condition.

[Corridor]

The chime had been pressed and the Romulan stood there proudly with her lover. Her walking speed had only been a quarter what it normally is, which was aggravating, but it was over with. "Well, I made it here, e'lev."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 10:52 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Stuff happens, now how do we fix it," Archangel amended.  Seika just stuck her tongue out at her parents as she moved after them with the peculiar waddling gait that her leg braces made her move with.  It wouldn't be long before they could do away with those braces and Seika could move on to walking with crutches alone and then...

The young Romulan had to smile as Gabriel brought up the clothes they were all wearing.  Her in her uniform undershirt, Seika wearing the discarded jacket over her tunic and leggings, Aria with her dusty knees and inexplicable splashes of colour on her shirt.

"No, I don't think it's a black tie event."

"There goes that tongue thing she learned from you," Gabriel teased, winking at his wife. He movd over to the cooking station, starting to remove the food from the heat and beginning the process of getting things plated. "I hope Jiseth is feeling up to this," he said, thinking back to the physical injuries their friend had been put through in the recent weeks. "Though, I think that she would have told us, had she not been." He set the roast on a long, oval-shaped dish. "At least...Zero would have told us. It's not like her to mince words to spare someone's feelings."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 4:55 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"There goes that tongue thing she learned from you," Gabriel teased, winking at his wife.  He movd over to the cooking station, starting to remove the food from the heat and beginning the process of getting things plated.  "I hope Jiseth is feeling up to this," he said, thinking back to the physical injuries their friend had been put through in the recent weeks.  "Though, I think that she would have told us, had she not been."  He set the roast on a long, oval-shaped dish.  "At least...Zero would have told us.  It's not like her to mince words to spare someone's feelings."

"Don't pin the blame for that one on me," Archangel warned her husband, limping around the table as she put out the place settings. She thought about Jiseth and the injuries she had sustained. They brought back memories of her own that she would have rather forgotten. Her hand tightened on the handle of her cane.

"Maybe Jiseth just needs to get out, to be around people again. She's relieved of duty at the moment until she's been cleared."

Jiseth wrote:
The chime had been pressed and the Romulan stood there proudly with her lover. Her walking speed had only been a quarter what it normally is, which was aggravating, but it was over with. "Well, I made it here, e'lev."

Hearing the door chime, Archangel looked up and called out for the computer to let their guests in.

"Jiseth, Zero! Come in!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 18, 2014 11:09 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
"Don't pin the blame for that one on me," Archangel warned her husband, limping around the table as she put out the place settings.  She thought about Jiseth and the injuries she had sustained.  They brought back memories of her own that she would have rather forgotten.  Her hand tightened on the handle of her cane.

"Maybe Jiseth just needs to get out, to be around people again.  She's relieved of duty at the moment until she's been cleared."

Hearing the door chime, Archangel looked up and called out for the computer to let their guests in.

"Jiseth, Zero!  Come in!"

Gabe laughed happily as he helped finish up setting the table. "I guess I'll be taking the blame for the tongue thing until the end of time," he said, winking at Seika. As he helped Aria into her high chair, Gabriel nodded at his wife. "I agree...it's past time for Jiseth to get out again...and for Zero to start making friends. So...we're pulling double duty tonight."

As the chime sounded, Gabriel looked up excitedly. He and Arch didn't entertain that often, and he hoped this would go well.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:02 am

Jiseth wrote:

[Corridor]

[Corridors]

Zero walked slowly alongside the injured Romulan, offering her support without reservation. She knew that the process to recovery was going to be a long and hard one, but she also knew that Jiseth would get there if only she would allow herself the time to heal.

When they arrived outside the captain's quarters, she reached up to place a light kiss on Jiseth's forehead ridges. "I did not doubt that you would, e'lev," she murmured before the doors slid open, allowing the unusual couple entry.

It was strange, walking into what was so obviously a family home despite the glaring elements that marked it out as Starfleet issue. There were toys littered around, holographs on almost every surface, including fighting for space on the workstation with various piles of PADDs.

The Augment stood, looking a little lost and unsure of what to do.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:06 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe laughed happily as he helped finish up setting the table.  "I guess I'll be taking the blame for the tongue thing until the end of time," he said, winking at Seika.  As he helped Aria into her high chair, Gabriel nodded at his wife.  "I agree...it's past time for Jiseth to get out again...and for Zero to start making friends.  So...we're pulling double duty tonight."

As the chime sounded, Gabriel looked up excitedly.  He and Arch didn't entertain that often, and he hoped this would go well.  

"You certainly will, and if any future children pick up the habit, I'll know who to blme for it!" Archangel teased, setting out the last of the silverware just as the door into their quarters slid open to admit their guests.

"Zero, Jiseth! It's good to see you," she greeted them warmly.

Aria slapped her hands on the table as her father tried to settle her into the high chair that boosted her up to be level with the surface. "'Ro! Eesef!"
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:02 pm

"Likewise, T'Koris." Jiseth looked to Zero and placed a kiss on her cheek. At the very least, it would take her mind off of micromanaging every social encounter. This was a time to relax and enjoy, not another duty.

"Shall we sit at the table or the couch for now?" It was a pleasant feeling referring to another along with herself. She was doing it more and more. Even when confined to a bed her thoughts were on how Zero was handling just as much as how to balance herself when walking.

There was the other thought that had crossed her mind recently. Walking. Someone in particular. Down an aisle to an alter. The hosts of tonight's event had and for all intents and purposes Jiseth wanted the same with her and her partner. The thought, however, was quickly banished from her mind. Something that could wait until her injuries had healed or at the very least their dinner finished.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 4:56 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Zero walked slowly alongside the injured Romulan, offering her support without reservation.  She knew that the process to recovery was going to be a long and hard one, but she also knew that Jiseth would get there if only she would allow herself the time to heal.

When they arrived outside the captain's quarters, she reached up to place a light kiss on Jiseth's forehead ridges.  "I did not doubt that you would, e'lev," she murmured before the doors slid open, allowing the unusual couple entry.

It was strange, walking into what was so obviously a family home despite the glaring elements that marked it out as Starfleet issue.  There were toys littered around, holographs on almost every surface, including fighting for space on the workstation with various piles of PADDs.

The Augment stood, looking a little lost and unsure of what to do.

Jiseth wrote:
"Likewise, T'Koris." Jiseth looked to Zero and placed a kiss on her cheek. At the very least, it would take her mind off of micromanaging every social encounter. This was a time to relax and enjoy, not another duty.

"Shall we sit at the table or the couch for now?" It was a pleasant feeling referring to another along with herself. She was doing it more and more. Even when confined to a bed her thoughts were on how Zero was handling just as much as how to balance herself when walking.

There was the other thought that had crossed her mind recently. Walking. Someone in particular. Down an aisle to an alter. The hosts of tonight's event had and for all intents and purposes Jiseth wanted the same with her and her partner. The thought, however, was quickly banished from her mind. Something that could wait until her injuries had healed or at the very least their dinner finished.

Gabriel smiled happily as the odd couple entered their home. Odd? he thought. No odder than anyone else in this room. "Come on in, guys. Have a seat...wherever you want to." He reached down, taking a couple of spare uniform tops off the seat of the couch. Gabriel tossed them into a spare room, making a mental note to remember where he'd put the damned things.

"Girls," he said, "this is Zero and Jiseth, good friends of ours." Aria had already said 'hello' in her own way, but it still felt like he had to formally introduce everyone. "Aria's popping up just like a weed," he said, smiling at Zero.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 5:06 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel smiled happily as the odd couple entered their home.  Odd? he thought.  No odder than anyone else in this room.  "Come on in, guys.  Have a seat...wherever you want to."  He reached down, taking a couple of spare uniform tops off the seat of the couch.  Gabriel tossed them into a spare room, making a mental note to remember where he'd put the damned things.

"Girls," he said, "this is Zero and Jiseth, good friends of ours."  Aria had already said 'hello' in her own way, but it still felt like he had to formally introduce everyone.  "Aria's popping up just like a weed," he said, smiling at Zero.

Hearing mention of Aria, Zero looked over at the blond haired toddler sitting in a high chair at the table and found her lips curving upwards in a smile. It was an odd relationship, certainly, given that she had basically assisted in the conception of the baby and then with the birth.

The Augment moved toward the high chair, crouching down slightly to be on the same level as the little girl, reaching out one pale hand to touch the blond curls before looking up at Gabriel and Archangel.

"May I... May I pick her up?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 5:25 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Hearing mention of Aria, Zero looked over at the blond haired toddler sitting in a high chair at the table and found her lips curving upwards in a smile.  It was an odd relationship, certainly, given that she had basically assisted in the conception of the baby and then with the birth.

The Augment moved toward the high chair, crouching down slightly to be on the same level as the little girl, reaching out one pale hand to touch the blond curls before looking up at Gabriel and Archangel.

"May I... May I pick her up?"

As Zero moved slowly, almost apprehensively, toward Aria, Gabriel watched with a slightly detached air of amusement. The Augment seemed to think that Aria was made of a puff of smoke, to be swept away with the slightest breeze.

Aria watched as Zero came close, a bit of a questioning look in her mismatched eyes. She stared up at the pale doctor, a happy little smile lighting up her rosy cheeks as Zero touched her curly blonde hair. "White!" she said, pointing up to Zero's hair.

Gabe grinned, nodding at his daughter. "She's been learnin' her colors," he said, sounding just like the proud papa that he was. "Of course, you can pick her up. You're practically family to her, Zero."
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 5:39 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

As Zero moved slowly, almost apprehensively, toward Aria, Gabriel watched with a slightly detached air of amusement.  The Augment seemed to think that Aria was made of a puff of smoke, to be swept away with the slightest breeze.  

Aria watched as Zero came close, a bit of a questioning look in her mismatched eyes.  She stared up at the pale doctor, a happy little smile lighting up her rosy cheeks as Zero touched her curly blonde hair.  "White!" she said, pointing up to Zero's hair.

Gabe grinned, nodding at his daughter.  "She's been learnin' her colors," he said, sounding just like the proud papa that he was.  "Of course, you can pick her up.  You're practically family to her, Zero."

Still moving carefully, as if afraid of hurting the child, Zero picked the child up from her high chair and, remembering the various books she had read on pediatrics while preparing for her own pregnancy, balanced the child on her hip.

"She is developing well for her age," the Augment commented before speaking more softly. "I wonder if my daughter would have been as pretty as you."
Back to top Go down
Jiseth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Medal of Valor
Posting Excellence
Order of the Mek'Leth
1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:00 pm

Slowly shifting to the couch, Jiseth took a seat like a shuttle finally settling down after a long flight. Leaning back into the warm cushion was quite comfortable yet she had not fully appreciated that when her attention was snagged to her partner holding the young one. It was a wonderful sight.

Some wounds had gone unnoticed or at the very least untreated since her return. Her hearing was a detriment at the moment. There was a sudden reminder of how deep it was and the Romulan looked away to halfheartedly take note of the various decorations. She was gripping the the handle of her can tightly as she bit her lip.

She wanted to say something. Something to be in some way comforting as Zero had been for her. There was an utter loss for words. Her eyes closed and she leaned her forehead on her hands. Jiseth had been well accustomed to burying her feelings. It was a reservoir for when she needed to push herself. A reminder of what was required of her.

With a sharp in hale, like one gasping from being underwater for just a touch too long, her emerald eyes reopened. "Yes. Our next will be too."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 19, 2014 8:43 pm

Zero Alpha wrote:

Still moving carefully, as if afraid of hurting the child, Zero picked the child up from her high chair and, remembering the various books she had read on pediatrics while preparing for her own pregnancy, balanced the child on her hip.

"She is developing well for her age," the Augment commented before speaking more softly.  "I wonder if my daughter would have been as pretty as you."

"You bet she is," Gabriel smiled. "She's growing quickly, and is smart, too. Her pattern recognition is above average, and she's making connections and forming words."

Aria laughed happily as the Augment held on to her. She reached out, tentatively touching Zero's white hair, as if not knowing exactly what to expect of it. Gabriel subtly moved Aria's fingers out of the hair, quirking an eyebrow at his daughter, trying to keep her from tugging at it. "Now, now...we don't yank at Zero's hair." The baby turned her shaggy blonde head to the Augment, looking hard as if in concentration. "Eero! Eeeero!" the jolly baby parroted, laughing.

Jiseth wrote:
Slowly shifting to the couch, Jiseth took a seat like a shuttle finally settling down after a long flight. Leaning back into the warm cushion was quite comfortable yet she had not fully appreciated that when her attention was snagged to her partner holding the young one. It was a wonderful sight.

Some wounds had gone unnoticed or at the very least untreated since her return. Her hearing was a detriment at the moment. There was a sudden reminder of how deep it was and the Romulan looked away to halfheartedly take note of the various decorations. She was gripping the the handle of her can tightly as she bit her lip.

She wanted to say something. Something to be in some way comforting as Zero had been for her. There was an utter loss for words. Her eyes closed and she leaned her forehead on her hands. Jiseth had been well accustomed to burying her feelings. It was a reservoir for when she needed to push herself. A reminder of what was required of her.

With a sharp in hale, like one gasping from being underwater for just a touch too long, her emerald eyes reopened. "Yes. Our next will be too."

Turning his attention to their other houseguest, Gabriel frowned a little. Jiseth looked so comfortable on the couch, and...

"Hey," he said to the room at large. "Why don't we pull the couches closer to the middle table...and just eat dinner here in the living room?" From her spot at the kitchen table, Seika clapped her hands. "Yay!" the young girl squealed at the novelty.
Back to top Go down
Zero Alpha
Lieutenant Junior Grade
Lieutenant Junior Grade

Holodiction
Best Duo
Medal of Commendation

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 20, 2014 7:58 am

Zero had tensed as the baby took hold of her hair, unsure of what to do in that kind of situation, especially since she didn't like people pulling her hair. Thankfully, Gabriel stepped in and untangled the tiny fingers from their new plaything.

Her gaze moved over to Jiseth, relieved to see that she had taken a seat at last. The Augment moved over to her lover, settling the baby in the Romulan's lap with a faint smile.

"She may not be ours, but she is visually appealing and experience with infants is always welcome. The mention of 'next one', however, caused Zero's expression to close off slightly. "No," she murmured. "I will not create a new one while our first is not with us."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]   Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dinner Invitation - [Gabriel/Jiseth/Archangel/Zero]
Page 1 of 1