Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] Empty
PostSubject: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:17 pm

[USS Phoenix - Commanding Officers' Quarters]

It was a quiet evening in the Arthur-T'Koris household. Dinner had been cleared from the table, after the usual token protests from the girls who wanted more dessert and Gabriel's prodding for Archangel to eat more, and they were settling into their evening activities.

She sat quietly on the couch, plucking at the strings of the lute she was still learning to play, smiling faintly as she watched her girls playing on the floor. Seika had her crayons out and was happily colouring away. Aria sat amongst the various plush toys she had acquired over time, giggling as she played.

In all, Archangel felt contented for the first time in a while. She plucked at another string, the smile still playing on her lips.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:26 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[USS Phoenix - Commanding Officers' Quarters]

It was a quiet evening in the Arthur-T'Koris household.  Dinner had been cleared from the table, after the usual token protests from the girls who wanted more dessert and Gabriel's prodding for Archangel to eat more, and they were settling into their evening activities.  

She sat quietly on the couch, plucking at the strings of the lute she was still learning to play, smiling faintly as she watched her girls playing on the floor.  Seika had her crayons out and was happily colouring away.  Aria sat amongst the various plush toys she had acquired over time, giggling as she played.

In all, Archangel felt contented for the first time in a while.  She plucked at another string, the smile still playing on her lips.

Tossing her plush space ship toys up and down and pretending that they were flying seemed to lose Aria's interest. Her big sister looked to be content with her coloring, so Aria scanned the room. There was beautiful music coming from the couch, where her mother was playing. She wondered if she could dance to it. Sometimes, daddy picked her up and danced with her. That was fun. Where was daddy? He had been here not long ago. Perhaps, if she found him, they could dance.

Aria scramble-crawled herself up, waddling in the direction she'd last seen him go. There was a set of doors in front of her, but she was nowhere near large enough to operate them. Therefore, she slapped her palms against the duranium, laughing "Daddy! Daddy!"

The doors opened, revealing an amused-looking Gabriel, who was pulling his lounging-shirt on after having changed out of what he'd cooked dinner in. "Well, hey there, little one," he grinned, scooping her up in a hug and carrying her out into the living room. "Found a straggler," he said, sitting on the couch next to his wife. "Must've fed her too much ice cream."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:36 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Tossing her plush space ship toys up and down and pretending that they were flying seemed to lose Aria's interest.  Her big sister looked to be content with her coloring, so Aria scanned the room.  There was beautiful music coming from the couch, where her mother was playing.  She wondered if she could dance to it.  Sometimes, daddy picked her up and danced with her.  That was fun.  Where was daddy?  He had been here not long ago.  Perhaps, if she found him, they could dance.

Aria scramble-crawled herself up, waddling in the direction she'd last seen him go.  There was a set of doors in front of her, but she was nowhere near large enough to operate them.  Therefore, she slapped her palms against the duranium, laughing "Daddy!  Daddy!"

The doors opened, revealing an amused-looking Gabriel, who was pulling his lounging-shirt on after having changed out of what he'd cooked dinner in.  "Well, hey there, little one," he grinned, scooping her up in a hug and carrying her out into the living room.  "Found a straggler," he said, sitting on the couch next to his wife.  "Must've fed her too much ice cream."

Archangel paused in her music as she watched Gabriel walk back into the room with their daughter in his arms. It was always a beautiful sight to see, their blond-haired little girl in her father's arms. She wished she could have seen something similar with Seika, but she wasn't about to complain on that count.

"Hm, I seem to remember that you were the one who let them have seconds," she teased her husband, shifting into a more comfortable position on the couch as she reached over to tickle her youngest.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 3:48 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel paused in her music as she watched Gabriel walk back into the room with their daughter in his arms.  It was always a beautiful sight to see, their blond-haired little girl in her father's arms.  She wished she could have seen something similar with Seika, but she wasn't about to complain on that count.

"Hm, I seem to remember that you were the one who let them have seconds," she teased her husband, shifting into a more comfortable position on the couch as she reached over to tickle her youngest.

"Hmmm, well, y'know," he grinned, leaning over to place a kiss on his wife's lips. Slow and gentle. He knew that she liked them that way, sometimes. "I'm quite the pushover."

From the floor, Seika looked up at her parents, rolling her eyes. "That is so gross," the precocious five-year-old said, shaking her head and returning to her coloring. She was carefully filling in the colors on a horse. Coloring was much easier to understand than big people.

"A gross pushover," Gabriel amended, chuckling. "Go ahead and keep playing the lute, if you want to. You're getting great at it."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:01 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Hmmm, well, y'know," he grinned, leaning over to place a kiss on his wife's lips.  Slow and gentle.  He knew that she liked them that way, sometimes.  "I'm quite the pushover."

From the floor, Seika looked up at her parents, rolling her eyes.  "That is so gross," the precocious five-year-old said, shaking her head and returning to her coloring.  She was carefully filling in the colors on a horse.  Coloring was much easier to understand than big people.

"A gross pushover," Gabriel amended, chuckling.  "Go ahead and keep playing the lute, if you want to.  You're getting great at it."

"Mmm," Archangel murmured, trying to get her head back in gear after Gabriel had snuck a kiss from her. He generally had that effect on her. She smiled at Seika's admonishment of their actions, shaking her head at the little girl. Where had the sweet, innocent child gone?

She stuck her tongue out at her husband, picking up the lute again and starting to pick out a few notes. She had just started on a piece when the door chime rang. She frowned slightly, wondering who could be at the door. It was an odd occurrence. People who needed to get in contact with either of them usually went through the comm channels, they didn't ring the door bell.

Getting to her feet, lute still in hand, she gave the word for the computer to let their guest in. A young woman stood there, a woman who looked strangely familiar.

"Hello, Captain," she replied. "I'm new on the ship, cadet cruise. My name's Sarah Walker. I was told that you know my mother."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Mmm," Archangel murmured, trying to get her head back in gear after Gabriel had snuck a kiss from her.  He generally had that effect on her.  She smiled at Seika's admonishment of their actions, shaking her head at the little girl.  Where had the sweet, innocent child gone?

She stuck her tongue out at her husband, picking up the lute again and starting to pick out a few notes.  She had just started on a piece when the door chime rang.  She frowned slightly, wondering who could be at the door.  It was an odd occurrence.  People who needed to get in contact with either of them usually went through the comm channels, they didn't ring the door bell.

Getting to her feet, lute still in hand, she gave the word for the computer to let their guest in.  A young woman stood there, a woman who looked strangely familiar.

"Hello, Captain," she replied.  "I'm new on the ship, cadet cruise.  My name's Sarah Walker.  I was told that you know my mother."

Frowning, Gabe raised an eyebrow as the door chimed. Like his wife, he too was curious as to why someone didn't just page them on the comm system if they were needed. Ever since the attack by the Orions, and everything else the ship had been through of late, he had come to dread strange pages and knocks in the night.

He shifted Aria around, still holding her tight as he stood with Archangel. The door opened, revealing a young cadet...

...that happened to look strikingly similar to his wife. Sarah Walker? Why should that name ring a bell? Did Archangel know anyone named Walker? It sounded like a surname, so it was probably someone from Earth, and...

"Oh," he said, in realization, his voice low.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Frowning, Gabe raised an eyebrow as the door chimed.  Like his wife, he too was curious as to why someone didn't just page them on the comm system if they were needed.  Ever since the attack by the Orions, and everything else the ship had been through of late, he had come to dread strange pages and knocks in the night.  

He shifted Aria around, still holding her tight as he stood with Archangel.  The door opened, revealing a young cadet...

...that happened to look strikingly similar to his wife.  Sarah Walker?  Why should that name ring a bell?  Did Archangel know anyone named Walker?  It sounded like a surname, so it was probably someone from Earth, and...

"Oh," he said, in realization, his voice low.

Sensing her parent's wariness, Seika looked up from her colouring in time to see both Archangel and Gabriel staring at a visitor. She tilted her head to one side looking between her mother and a woman who looked very similar to her mother. She pushed herself to her feet, moving stiffly over to greet the newcomer, but Archangel grabbed her on the way past, holding her close.

"Sarah Walker," Archangel replied stiffly, having made the connection at about the same time as Gabriel had. "I assume your mother is Mary-Claire Walker?"

"Yes, that's right," Sarah replied, looking a little confused by the hostile reaction she was getting from the ship's command team. "You've worked with her?"

"I'm her daughter."

"Oh."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 4:48 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Sensing her parent's wariness, Seika looked up from her colouring in time to see both Archangel and Gabriel staring at a visitor.  She tilted her head to one side looking between her mother and a woman who looked very similar to her mother.  She pushed herself to her feet, moving stiffly over to greet the newcomer, but Archangel grabbed her on the way past, holding her close.

"Sarah Walker," Archangel replied stiffly, having made the connection at about the same time as Gabriel had.  "I assume your mother is Mary-Claire Walker?"

"Yes, that's right," Sarah replied, looking a little confused by the hostile reaction she was getting from the ship's command team.  "You've worked with her?"

"I'm her daughter."

"Oh."

Oh, indeed. Oh 'shit' would be more appropriate, Gabriel thought. He remembered the first time he'd met the harridan that was Archangel's biological mother. That was a dinner that...had not gone well. In fact, if anyone else had spoken to or about Archangel in the way that the woman had, Gabriel probably would have cracked their jaw. That had been very early in their relationship. His hostile feelings toward the JAG woman hadn't changed.

"Alright, girls, why don't you go play in your room?" he asked, carrying Aria with him to their room. As expected, there were protests, but he promised to have the holositter read to them. He hated having to hand the job over to a hologram...but he assumed that Archangel wouldn't want to face this kid on her own.

As he re-entered the main room, the awkward tension was still thick enough to drown in. "Ah. Cadet? Would you...can I get you something? Tea?"

Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 5:04 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Oh, indeed.  Oh 'shit' would be more appropriate, Gabriel thought.  He remembered the first time he'd met the harridan that was Archangel's biological mother.  That was a dinner that...had not gone well.  In fact, if anyone else had spoken to or about Archangel in the way that the woman had, Gabriel probably would have cracked their jaw.  That had been very early in their relationship.  His hostile feelings toward the JAG woman hadn't changed.

"Alright, girls, why don't you go play in your room?" he asked, carrying Aria with him to their room.  As expected, there were protests, but he promised to have the holositter read to them.  He hated having to hand the job over to a hologram...but he assumed that Archangel wouldn't want to face this kid on her own.

As he re-entered the main room, the awkward tension was still thick enough to drown in.  "Ah.  Cadet?  Would you...can I get you something?  Tea?"

Gabriel seemed to read her mind as he took the girls to their room, listening to the protests as they went. It really hurt Archangel's heart to have to send them away, especially when they'd been having such a nice evening, without any red alerts or emergencies on the bridge to take care of.

Keeping her emotions carefully under control, she gestured to the sofa in an invitation for the young woman to sit down, relieved that he still held on to his hosting manners despite the situation.

"Um... tea would be lovely?" Sarah replied, taking a seat. She looked back at Archangel, then down at her hands in her lap. "Mother never said that I had any sisters, let alone a captain of a starship."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 6:05 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Gabriel seemed to read her mind as he took the girls to their room, listening to the protests as they went.  It really hurt Archangel's heart to have to send them away, especially when they'd been having such a nice evening, without any red alerts or emergencies on the bridge to take care of.  

Keeping her emotions carefully under control, she gestured to the sofa in an invitation for the young woman to sit down, relieved that he still held on to his hosting manners despite the situation.

"Um... tea would be lovely?" Sarah replied, taking a seat.  She looked back at Archangel, then down at her hands in her lap.  "Mother never said that I had any sisters, let alone a captain of a starship."

"Tea. Right." Gabriel moved off to the replicator, requesting three cups of hot chai white. He didn't know how the kid took hers, but one could rarely go wrong with chai. Plus, she hadn't said. I *wish* all I had to be concerned with right now was tea, he thought, picking the steaming mugs up and carrying them back over to the coffee table.

Handing one to the cadet, Gabriel sat down beside his wife, his hand moving instinctively to come to rest on her knee, offering support. Just like I did under the table the night we met that beast of a mother, he thought. "Arch and her...mother...don't really get on. It doesn't surprise me that Lieutenant Walker didn't...mention her." Didn't surprise...but still infuriated him.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 6:33 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Tea.  Right."  Gabriel moved off to the replicator, requesting three cups of hot chai white.  He didn't know how the kid took hers, but one could rarely go wrong with chai.  Plus, she hadn't said.  I *wish* all I had to be concerned with right now was tea, he thought, picking the steaming mugs up and carrying them back over to the coffee table.  

Handing one to the cadet, Gabriel sat down beside his wife, his hand moving instinctively to come to rest on her knee, offering support.  Just like I did under the table the night we met that beast of a mother, he thought.  "Arch and her...mother...don't really get on.  It doesn't surprise me that Lieutenant Walker didn't...mention her."  Didn't surprise...but still infuriated him.

As Gabriel sat next to her, Archangel subconsciously leaned toward him, the cool touch of his hand on her knee a reassurance that he was there with her. She observed the cadet warily, unsure what to make of this new sibling that had just been dropped in front of her.

"Didn't get on is a bit of an understatement," Archangel muttered under her breath. She looked up into the honest, curious face of... of her little sister. That is a very strange thought.

"I don't understand though," Sarah went on. "Why would she want to cut you out of the family? I mean, blood is blood, right? We look out for each other?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 7:10 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As Gabriel sat next to her, Archangel subconsciously leaned toward him, the cool touch of his hand on her knee a reassurance that he was there with her.  She observed the cadet warily, unsure what to make of this new sibling that had just been dropped in front of her.

"Didn't get on is a bit of an understatement," Archangel muttered under her breath.  She looked up into the honest, curious face of... of her little sister.  That is a very strange thought.

"I don't understand though," Sarah went on.  "Why would she want to cut you out of the family?  I mean, blood is blood, right?  We look out for each other?"

Understatement itself was an understatement, as far as Gabriel was concerned. The woman's lack of care for her own daughter bordered on the sociopathic. The old bitch had also refused to have anything to do with her own grandchildren. Gabriel had been ready to knock her teeth out, woman or no, when she'd called Aria 'defective'.

"Blood is blood, but not to everyone," Gabe said, taking a sip of his tea. He wondered how much he should be blabbing about, but Arch didn't seem too talkative. She's probably in shock, he thought. "When did you get assigned to the ship, Sarah?" Perhaps a change of subject would be the best course...at least, for now.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 11:55 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Understatement itself was an understatement, as far as Gabriel was concerned.  The woman's lack of care for her own daughter bordered on the sociopathic.  The old bitch had also refused to have anything to do with her own grandchildren.  Gabriel had been ready to knock her teeth out, woman or no, when she'd called Aria 'defective'.

"Blood is blood, but not to everyone," Gabe said, taking a sip of his tea.  He wondered how much he should be blabbing about, but Arch didn't seem too talkative.  She's probably in shock, he thought.  "When did you get assigned to the ship, Sarah?" Perhaps a change of subject would be the best course...at least, for now.

Archangel was looking down into her cup of tea, unwilling to look up at her sister. It was a difficult thing to acknowledge, that this cadet was open and friendly, even confused as to why she had never heard of Archangel.

That could have been me, she thought to herself.

While Archangel was following this line of thought, Sarah smiled at Gabriel, relieved to find that at least one half of the couple was willing to talk to her.

"Orders came through about two weeks ago. My first shift was last week," she gave a nervous laugh. "I meant to come and see you earlier, but, well, it's a bit scary facing your commanding officers!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:18 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel was looking down into her cup of tea, unwilling to look up at her sister.  It was a difficult thing to acknowledge, that this cadet was open and friendly, even confused as to why she had never heard of Archangel.

That could have been me, she thought to herself.

While Archangel was following this line of thought, Sarah smiled at Gabriel, relieved to find that at least one half of the couple was willing to talk to her.

"Orders came through about two weeks ago.  My first shift was last week," she gave a nervous laugh.  "I meant to come and see you earlier, but, well, it's a bit scary facing your commanding officers!"

"I see," Gabe nodded, giving the girl an encouraging smile. Archangel wasn't exactly putting off the friendliest of waves at the moment, but...well. He really couldn't blame her. Not that this kid had done much of anything wrong, but still, he knew it was a lot to absorb. Especially dropped like a bomb all at once. "There's no need to be scared, Sarah. I don't bite. As your First Officer, I'm the last link in your CoC until the Captain. I hope you feel like you can talk to me at any time."

Taking another drink of tea, Gabriel avoided glancing to Archangel. If she wanted to speak, she would. He felt like he should leave the two alone, but...he also knew that Arch would want him there. "What department are you assigned to?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 5:37 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"I see," Gabe nodded, giving the girl an encouraging smile.  Archangel wasn't exactly putting off the friendliest of waves at the moment, but...well.  He really couldn't blame her.  Not that this kid had done much of anything wrong, but still, he knew it was a lot to absorb.  Especially dropped like a bomb all at once.  "There's no need to be scared, Sarah.  I don't bite.  As your First Officer, I'm the last link in your CoC until the Captain.  I hope you feel like you can talk to me at any time."  

Taking another drink of tea, Gabriel avoided glancing to Archangel.  If she wanted to speak, she would.  He felt like he should leave the two alone, but...he also knew that Arch would want him there.  "What department are you assigned to?"

Sarah continued to smile at Gabriel, then into her tea, then back at Gabriel again. "I'm a pilot," she replied, which made Archangel flinch slightly. That meant that at some point, they were going to cross paths on the bridge. "Mother wanted me to follow her into the JAG office, but I found that I preferred flying things to filing reports all day!"

In her hand, Archangel's teacup shattered, causing her to jump slightly. Quickly picking up the pieces of glass, she excused herself. "I'm, uh, I'm going to go and check on the girls," she said, making a rapid exit. Sarah watched her go with a look of confusion on her face.

"What's wrong with the captain?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:37 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Sarah continued to smile at Gabriel, then into her tea, then back at Gabriel again.  "I'm a pilot," she replied, which made Archangel flinch slightly.  That meant that at some point, they were going to cross paths on the bridge.  "Mother wanted me to follow her into the JAG office, but I found that I preferred flying things to filing reports all day!"

In her hand, Archangel's teacup shattered, causing her to jump slightly.  Quickly picking up the pieces of glass, she excused herself.  "I'm, uh, I'm going to go and check on the girls," she said, making a rapid exit.  Sarah watched her go with a look of confusion on her face.

"What's wrong with the captain?"

Gabriel figured he probably should have jumped when Archangel broke her teacup, but the truth of the matter was, he was starting to almost get used to her breaking things. The poor girl in front of them seemed about half scared to death.

"It's...not you. Well, not specifically," he said, watching his wife head to the girls' room. There didn't seem to be any blood mixed in with the tea, so hopefully she hadn't jammed glass into her hand. Sighing, Gabe pressed the bridge of his nose. "Did you mother ever mention her? Talk about even having another daughter, even if she didn't mention Archangel by name?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 6:49 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel figured he probably should have jumped when Archangel broke her teacup, but the truth of the matter was, he was starting to almost get used to her breaking things.  The poor girl in front of them seemed about half scared to death.

"It's...not you.  Well, not specifically," he said, watching his wife head to the girls' room.  There didn't seem to be any blood mixed in with the tea, so hopefully she hadn't jammed glass into her hand.  Sighing, Gabe pressed the bridge of his nose.  "Did you mother ever mention her?  Talk about even having another daughter, even if she didn't mention Archangel by name?"

Still watching the door that Archangel had rapidly disappeared behind, Sarah seemed to search through her memory, as if looking for any fragments that could be an answer to Gabriel's question.

"No... I don't think she ever did. I just assumed that I was an only child. No one else on the station talked about it either. Some of the Engineering personnel gave me strange looks sometimes, but that was it," she replied, looking back at the First Officer. "There were no pictures or anything around our quarters, no toys or clothes passed down to me."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:01 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Still watching the door that Archangel had rapidly disappeared behind, Sarah seemed to search through her memory, as if looking for any fragments that could be an answer to Gabriel's question.

"No... I don't think she ever did.  I just assumed that I was an only child.  No one else on the station talked about it either.  Some of the Engineering personnel gave me strange looks sometimes, but that was it," she replied, looking back at the First Officer.  "There were no pictures or anything around our quarters, no toys or clothes passed down to me."

Gabe sighed again, busying himself with picking up pieces of glass out of the carpet. He'd have to scan the area with a tricorder later...it wouldn't do to have any sharp objects in the floor with their scampering daughters around.

That done, he set the shards on the coffee table, unsure of where to go with the conversation next. He certainly didn't want to seem like he was about to go on the attack against the girl's mother. Gabriel's father had told him long ago that two people could be holding knives to one another's throat, but...the second you spoke ill of their family? They'd turn those knives to you.

"No, I'd imagine there weren't," he said, giving the young woman a considering look. There was enough of Archangel's mother in her face to show a similarity, even though his wife's Romulan side was more prominent than her human. "Arch and her mother...do not get along. In fact, Lieutenant Walker does not acknowledge Archangel as her daughter. She is...she's ashamed of her," he said, his voice carefully neutral. It was hard to maintain that neutrality, remembering the horrible things the old witch had said.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:11 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe sighed again, busying himself with picking up pieces of glass out of the carpet.  He'd have to scan the area with a tricorder later...it wouldn't do to have any sharp objects in the floor with their scampering daughters around.

That done, he set the shards on the coffee table, unsure of where to go with the conversation next.  He certainly didn't want to seem like he was about to go on the attack against the girl's mother.  Gabriel's father had told him long ago that two people could be holding knives to one another's throat, but...the second you spoke ill of their family?  They'd turn those knives to you.

"No, I'd imagine there weren't," he said, giving the young woman a considering look.  There was enough of Archangel's mother in her face to show a similarity, even though his wife's Romulan side was more prominent than her human.  "Arch and her mother...do not get along.  In fact, Lieutenant Walker does not acknowledge Archangel as her daughter.  She is...she's ashamed of her," he said, his voice carefully neutral.  It was hard to maintain that neutrality, remembering the horrible things the old witch had said.

"Oh."

Sarah coughed nervously, putting her tea cup carefully on the coffee table before folding her hands in her lap and turning over what Gabriel had said in her mind. "That... that doesn't sound like my mother. She does her duty, and that includes to family!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:24 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Oh."

Sarah coughed nervously, putting her tea cup carefully on the coffee table before folding her hands in her lap and turning over what Gabriel had said in her mind.  "That... that doesn't sound like my mother.  She does her duty, and that includes to family!"

Those that she acknowledges, maybe, Gabriel thought, drawing a breath and letting it out in a slow, calming sigh.  "Yeah, well...look.  There's...there's a lot that you and your sister need to talk about.  A lot of it that's not my place to tell you."  Like how that bastard of a general used your mother as a conquest.  How he sold his daughter off to a Romulan politician.  You know.  Light dinner conversation.

It...really was starting to get awkward.  "Miss Walker...hold up a moment.  I'll be right back."  Gabe hopped off the couch like a coiled spring, heading for the girls' room.  "Angel?" he quietly asked, poking his head in.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2014 7:32 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Those that she acknowledges, maybe, Gabriel thought, drawing a breath and letting it out in a slow, calming sigh.  "Yeah, well...look.  There's...there's a lot that you and your sister need to talk about.  A lot of it that's not my place to tell you."  Like how that bastard of a general used your mother as a conquest.  How he sold his daughter off to a Romulan politician.  You know.  Light dinner conversation.

It...really was starting to get awkward.  "Miss Walker...hold up a moment.  I'll be right back."  Gabe hopped off the couch like a coiled spring, heading for the girls' room.  "Angel?" he quietly asked, poking his head in.

"Um, ok," Sarah replied, watching at Gabriel darted in the same direction as the captain had not all that long ago. She frowned slighlty. What had he meant about there being a lot that she and Archangel had to talk about?

In the girls' room, Archangel was sitting on one of the beds with Aria on her lap as the little girl seemed to doze happily in her mother's arms. Seika was lying sprawled on the carpeted deck plates, her colouring once again spread out around her. Looking up at the sound of the door opening, Archangel's cheeks turned a faint shade of green.

"Sorry, e'lev," she murmured, carefully getting up, Aria still balanced on her hip. "I never would have suspected that my mother would decide to have another child."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 9:55 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Um, ok," Sarah replied, watching at Gabriel darted in the same direction as the captain had not all that long ago.  She frowned slighlty.  What had he meant about there being a lot that she and Archangel had to talk about?

In the girls' room, Archangel was sitting on one of the beds with Aria on her lap as the little girl seemed to doze happily in her mother's arms.  Seika was lying sprawled on the carpeted deck plates, her colouring once again spread out around her.  Looking up at the sound of the door opening, Archangel's cheeks turned a faint shade of green.

"Sorry, e'lev," she murmured, carefully getting up, Aria still balanced on her hip. "I never would have suspected that my mother would decide to have another child."

"Hey, now," Gabriel quietly said, wrapping his arm around her and Aria for a careful hug. "None of that." Kissing her on the cheek, he also gave his daughter a little tickle, which sent her into a happy giggle. "You can't say that it surprises you, though...knowing what we know about the woman, and...and how she feels about you." It hurt to say it, but they both knew it was true. "Whatever her reasons, you apparently have a sister out there. I think you owe it to her to at least talk to her." And, he thought, to ascertain the validity of who she says she is. It didn't even surprise Gabriel to have to think like that, anymore. He knew that should make him sad.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 2:17 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Hey, now," Gabriel quietly said, wrapping his arm around her and Aria for a careful hug.  "None of that."  Kissing her on the cheek, he also gave his daughter a little tickle, which sent her into a happy giggle.  "You can't say that it surprises you, though...knowing what we know about the woman, and...and how she feels about you."  It hurt to say it, but they both knew it was true.  "Whatever her reasons, you apparently have a sister out there.  I think you owe it to her to at least talk to her."  And, he thought, to ascertain the validity of who she says she is.  It didn't even surprise Gabriel to have to think like that, anymore.  He knew that should make him sad.

Archangel sighed, but hearing her daughter giggle in delight at being tickled by her father put a faint smile on her face. It was difficult not to when faced with a girl as sweet-natured as Aria.

"If she is who she says she is... Gabriel, that could have been me," she said softly, looking up at her husband. "Y'know, normal? Well-adjusted? Sure that my family love s me because I'd never known them not to?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 3:19 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel sighed, but hearing her daughter giggle in delight at being tickled by her father put a faint smile on her face.  It was difficult not to when faced with a girl as sweet-natured as Aria.

"If she is who she says she is... Gabriel, that could have been me," she said softly, looking up at her husband.  "Y'know, normal?  Well-adjusted?  Sure that my family love s me because I'd never known them not to?"

Nothing that his wife's suspicions fairly mirrored his own, Gabriel gave a small, sad smile. He kissed her forehead, brushing her night-black hair back. "Past's past, Arch. As far as family goes...and we can't pick what we're born into." Reaching out, he gave a gentle touch to the point of her chin. "You have a family now, though, and one that loves you unconditionally." As if on cue, Aria threw her little arms around her mother's neck in a hug.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Nothing that his wife's suspicions fairly mirrored his own, Gabriel gave a small, sad smile.  He kissed her forehead, brushing her night-black hair back.  "Past's past, Arch.  As far as family goes...and we can't pick what we're born into."  Reaching out, he gave a gentle touch to the point of her chin.  "You have a family now, though, and one that loves you unconditionally."  As if on cue, Aria threw her little arms around her mother's neck in a hug.

Archangel had been about to say something when Aria hugged her and the words died on her lips. Taking a deep breath, she forced herself to relax, hugging her daughter briefly before pressing a kiss to her golden curls and setting her down on the floor alongside her sister.

"I guess I'm going to have to face her, aren't I?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next