Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 5:32 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"I'm sorry," Gabriel said, his voice still quite low.  Quickly moving over to where his wife was, he reached down to help pick up the pieces with her.  "I didn't mean to...I just kinda threw it."  Thankfully, none of the actual patches were hurt.  Taking up a uniform top, he started scooping the shards of crystalline polymer into it.  

"For what it's worth..." he said, sitting on his haunches and trying not to sound completely distant, "...I don't get the feeling that she was in on that."

Archangel remained silent for a moment, thinking over what he had said. It would have been very nice to believe that, but for all she knew, Sarah could be in the same predicament as she was: a split psyche.

Setting aside a pile of glass fragments, she sighed softly. Were they going to address the topic of S31's involvement in her life again? How much influence they had over her? "E'lev... When they were doing my... my initiation, Sovereign told me that they had been watching me since I was born, prodding things in the right direction for the events that happened to take place." She looked up at her husband, trying to ignore the cold fist that tightened around her heart every time she thought about losing him to them. "They would know that Sarah exists, and I wouldn't put it past them to try to use her like they tried to use you."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 9:56 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel remained silent for a moment, thinking over what he had said.  It would have been very nice to believe that, but for all she knew, Sarah could be in the same predicament as she was:  a split psyche.

Setting aside a pile of glass fragments, she sighed softly.  Were they going to address the topic of S31's involvement in her life again?  How much influence they had over her?  "E'lev...  When they were doing my... my initiation, Sovereign told me that they had been watching me since I was born, prodding things in the right direction for the events that happened to take place."  She looked up at her husband, trying to ignore the cold fist that tightened around her heart every time she thought about losing him to them.  "They would know that Sarah exists, and I wouldn't put it past them to try to use her like they tried to use you."

Silence reigned as Gabriel carefully stacked his patches in a pile on the end table. He would worry about those later. Turning from the pile, he wrapped his wife in a tight hug, holding her as close as humanly possible to him, wishing for the thousandth time that he'd killed Sovereign when the chance had presented itself. Granted, Gabriel hadn't known the full extent of his evil at that time, but still...

"If they've threatened her, too, we should not bring it up to her. Let them see her doing what they asked. Maybe they'll move on from her, after a bit." Bile rose in is throat as he thought about S31 destroying yet another promising young officer's career and life. These power-drunk children still lived in the comforting lie that what they did was for the Federation's good. The answer, though, was plain as daylight - they did what they did because they got off on it. Nothing more, nothing less. A regressive sub-section still stuck in the days when humanity functioned in that manner.

And aberration. A cancer.

"We have to eliminate Ikelos," he said, his voice deathly quiet, surprising even himself.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:02 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Silence reigned as Gabriel carefully stacked his patches in a pile on the end table.  He would worry about those later.  Turning from the pile, he wrapped his wife in a tight hug, holding her as close as humanly possible to him, wishing for the thousandth time that he'd killed Sovereign when the chance had presented itself.  Granted, Gabriel hadn't known the full extent of his evil at that time, but still...

"If they've threatened her, too, we should not bring it up to her.  Let them see her doing what they asked.  Maybe they'll move on from her, after a bit."  Bile rose in is throat as he thought about S31 destroying yet another promising young officer's career and life.  These power-drunk children still lived in the comforting lie that what they did was for the Federation's good.  The answer, though, was plain as daylight - they did what they did because they got off on it.  Nothing more, nothing less.  A regressive sub-section still stuck in the days when humanity functioned in that manner.

And aberration.  A cancer.

"We have to eliminate Ikelos," he said, his voice deathly quiet, surprising even himself.

Finding herself in Gabriel's cool embrace, Archangel's tense stance relaxed slightly as she wrapped her arms around him, resting her head lightly against his shoulder. Was it too much to ask that S31 just leave her and her family in peace?

As he spoke quietly, however, she drew back to look at him, concern and the faint stirrings of fear evident in her expression. Kill Ikelos? No. It wasn't possible. She knew that she would fail, and the repercussions against her family were unthinkable. She couldn't allow it.

"No, Gabriel," she said softly. "I can't... we can't. He was able to throw me around like a rag doll at my last evaluation. We would only succeed in making things worse for ourselves."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:47 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Finding herself in Gabriel's cool embrace, Archangel's tense stance relaxed slightly as she wrapped her arms around him, resting her head lightly against his shoulder.  Was it too much to ask that S31 just leave her and her family in peace?

As he spoke quietly, however, she drew back to look at him, concern and the faint stirrings of fear evident in her expression.  Kill Ikelos?  No.  It wasn't possible.  She knew that she would fail, and the repercussions against her family were unthinkable.  She couldn't allow it.

"No, Gabriel," she said softly.  "I can't... we can't.  He was able to throw me around like a rag doll at my last evaluation.  We would only succeed in making things worse for ourselves."

"Probably right," Gabriel answered, still holding her close. More hot rage flooded through him at the mention of Archangel being hurt by Ikelos, but it was a rage he was starting to get used to. That aspect scared him. At what point does a person begin to lose feelings like indignation and rage and just become...numb?

I hope I never know, he thought, holding her face and smiling, kissing her with a protective passion. Now, that, he knew, would only die when he did. "There's not much we can do about it now. It's not like we didn't know they were watching."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 11:56 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Probably right," Gabriel answered, still holding her close.  More hot rage flooded through him at the mention of Archangel being hurt by Ikelos, but it was a rage he was starting to get used to.  That aspect scared him.  At what point does a person begin to lose feelings like indignation and rage and just become...numb?

I hope I never know, he thought, holding her face and smiling, kissing her with a protective passion.  Now, that, he knew, would only die when he did.  "There's not much we can do about it now.  It's not like we didn't know they were watching."

Archangel gave a surprised squeak as she found herself kissed by her husband with an energy that she knew came from his need to protect her and the girls from every threat they came up against. She relaxed slightly, a little of the tension in her shoulders leaving as she returned the gesture of affection.

As they drew apart, her expression hardened again, becoming tense and worried. "He'll pay a visit tonight," she murmured. "He's only ever this direct when he intends to come and see me. It's too direct if he's just trying to put me on edge."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 12:27 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel gave a surprised squeak as she found herself kissed by her husband with an energy that she knew came from his need to protect her and the girls from every threat they came up against.  She relaxed slightly, a little of the tension in her shoulders leaving as she returned the gesture of affection.

As they drew apart, her expression hardened again, becoming tense and worried.  "He'll pay a visit tonight," she murmured.  "He's only ever this direct when he intends to come and see me.  It's too direct if he's just trying to put me on edge."

Again, the thought of killing Ikelos was tantalizingly entertaining. This is what you are, now? A killer? If need be, yes...Archangel's role among S31 was already a millstone that threatened to drown all the good aspects of their life. How could one take joy and satisfaction in doing a job like they did, knowing that she was not voluntarily in this position? That any happiness they had as a family was so easily threatened?

"Then let's be ready for him," he quietly said, sounding as distant as he felt at the moment. Gabe stood, sitting on the couch, rubbing his temples, trying to fight the here we go again feeling, and failing. "Whatever that means."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 12:48 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Again, the thought of killing Ikelos was tantalizingly entertaining.  This is what you are, now?  A killer?  If need be, yes...Archangel's role among S31 was already a millstone that threatened to drown all the good aspects of their life.  How could one take joy and satisfaction in doing a job like they did, knowing that she was not voluntarily in this position?  That any happiness they had as a family was so easily threatened?

"Then let's be ready for him," he quietly said, sounding as distant as he felt at the moment.  Gabe stood, sitting on the couch, rubbing his temples, trying to fight the here we go again feeling, and failing.  "Whatever that means."

The distance in Gabriel's voice and expression worried Archangel. Although she knew that he carried a lot of hatred and anger toward Section 31 for what they did and what they had done, this was a whole new level. This was a level that concerned her.

Moving with him, she knelt in front of him, gently placing her hands on his cheeks to cradle his head, searching his eyes. Her own concern for him was written clearly in the faint lines between her ridges.

"Gabriel, you don't have to meet him. I can do this on my own."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 3:48 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The distance in Gabriel's voice and expression worried Archangel.  Although she knew that he carried a lot of hatred and anger toward Section 31 for what they did and what they had done, this was a whole new level.  This was a level that concerned her.

Moving with him, she knelt in front of him, gently placing her hands on his cheeks to cradle his head, searching his eyes.  Her own concern for him was written clearly in the faint lines between her ridges.

"Gabriel, you don't have to meet him.  I can do this on my own."

Gabe leaned his face into his wife's embrace, wishing that he could let his tension drain out and just fall into bed with her. But that wasn't to be. They still had a visitor.

"Let you face this alone? Why, Archangel..." he said, standing up and bringing her up with him. "That'll be the day."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:02 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe leaned his face into his wife's embrace, wishing that he could let his tension drain out and just fall into bed with her.  But that wasn't to be.  They still had a visitor.

"Let you face this alone?  Why, Archangel..." he said, standing up and bringing her up with him.  "That'll be the day."

Archangel followed Gabriel's movements, her expression still concerned and wary. She knew that it hurt him to see her become Nemesis, something that always happened when she met up with any of the people who operated in black uniforms. She never remembered her actions afterward, but there was generally something in his actions and expression that belied his wariness, as if he wasn't sure which side of her he was dealing with.

"Are you sure? I know you don't like dealing with them. There's no need to put yourself through that much stress."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:26 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel followed Gabriel's movements, her expression still concerned and wary.  She knew that it hurt him to see her become Nemesis, something that always happened when she met up with any of the people who operated in black uniforms.  She never remembered her actions afterward, but there was generally something in his actions and expression that belied his wariness, as if he wasn't sure which side of her he was dealing with.

"Are you sure?  I know you don't like dealing with them.  There's no need to put yourself through that much stress."

Moving on into their bedroom, Gabriel pulled off his shirt, reaching for a uniform top. He couldn't help but comparing the situation to when he was changing clothes earlier in the night...out of uniform, for an evening of play with his girls, and relaxation with his wife. Now, it felt like going into battle.

"I despise them, Angel. Everything they stand for is a lie, and they terrorize everything I love. Of course it stresses me. But I won't let you do this alone. We're far, far beyond that point."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:40 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Moving on into their bedroom, Gabriel pulled off his shirt, reaching for a uniform top.  He couldn't help but comparing the situation to when he was changing clothes earlier in the night...out of uniform, for an evening of play with his girls, and relaxation with his wife.  Now, it felt like going into battle.

"I despise them, Angel.  Everything they stand for is a lie, and they terrorize everything I love.  Of course it stresses me.  But I won't let you do this alone.  We're far, far beyond that point."

Archangel followed him into their shared bedroom, pausing in the doorway as she watched him putting on his uniform. The fact that he was willing to stand with her, even through something he despised, it made the grey heart in her side swell with even more love for him.

His actions reminded her that she had better change her uniform as well. Ikelos tended to get a little ratty when she didn't present herself properly.

Reaching into a more concealed section of their closet, she pulled out the black uniform that they both hated so much, pulling it on. Even her hair was twisted back into a severe bun at the base of her skull. She looked over at her e'lev, wishing that they could be simply preparing for bed rather than a meeting neither of them wanted. Stepping over to him, she gently laid her hands against his cheeks, kissing him soft and slow before resting her forehead against his.

"You are so much more than I deserve, Gabriel Iason Arthur."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 4:57 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel followed him into their shared bedroom, pausing in the doorway as she watched him putting on his uniform.  The fact that he was willing to stand with her, even through something he despised, it made the grey heart in her side swell with even more love for him.

His actions reminded her that she had better change her uniform as well.  Ikelos tended to get a little ratty when she didn't present herself properly.  

Reaching into a more concealed section of their closet, she pulled out the black uniform that they both hated so much, pulling it on.  Even her hair was twisted back into a severe bun at the base of her skull.  She looked over at her e'lev, wishing that they could be simply preparing for bed rather than a meeting neither of them wanted.  Stepping over to him, she gently laid her hands against his cheeks, kissing him soft and slow before resting her forehead against his.

"You are so much more than I deserve, Gabriel Iason Arthur."

As much as Gabriel usually enjoyed watching his wife change clothing, the circumstances were far from ideal right now. Once she was changed, she came over close to him. The kiss...

...was enough to temporarily take his mind off the situation.

He hoped she wasn't kissing him goodbye.

"You deserve so much more than what you have to deal with," he said, his voice a low whisper, his eyes closed and a smile on his face. He loved to feel the press of her ridges against his forehead. "Let's get this over with."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 5:07 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

As much as Gabriel usually enjoyed watching his wife change clothing, the circumstances were far from ideal right now.  Once she was changed, she came over close to him.  The kiss...

...was enough to temporarily take his mind off the situation.  

He hoped she wasn't kissing him goodbye.

"You deserve so much more than what you have to deal with," he said, his voice a low whisper, his eyes closed and a smile on his face.  He loved to feel the press of her ridges against his forehead.  "Let's get this over with."

It would have been so easy to pretend that they didn't have an unwanted visitor coming, to take her husband to bed and ignore the fact that Section 31 existed at all, but they didn't have that luxury. She had to face Ikelos, whether she liked it or not.

Reluctantly, she stepped back from their embrace, already missing the feel of his cool skin against hers. She knew that Ikelos wouldn't beam in in front of them and some organic warning was starting to go off in the back of her mind.

Moving back into the lounge, she looked around warily, moving with the quiet, predatory steps that were characteristic of those who had to move unseen in the shadows. However, her eyes fell on the door into the girls' room. It was open.

All pretense thrown out of the window, she darted to the open door, stopping on the threshold. Ikelos looked over at her, a slight, sadistic smile on his face.

"Shhhhh, Nemesis," he said softly. "We wouldn't want to wake them up, would we?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:23 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It would have been so easy to pretend that they didn't have an unwanted visitor coming, to take her husband to bed and ignore the fact that Section 31 existed at all, but they didn't have that luxury.  She had to face Ikelos, whether she liked it or not.

Reluctantly, she stepped back from their embrace, already missing the feel of his cool skin against hers.  She knew that Ikelos wouldn't beam in in front of them and some organic warning was starting to go off in the back of her mind.

Moving back into the lounge, she looked around warily, moving with the quiet, predatory steps that were characteristic of those who had to move unseen in the shadows.  However, her eyes fell on the door into the girls' room.  It was open.

All pretense thrown out of the window, she darted to the open door, stopping on the threshold.  Ikelos looked over at her, a slight, sadistic smile on his face.

"Shhhhh, Nemesis," he said softly.  "We wouldn't want to wake them up, would we?"

Gabe followed Archangel out of their bedroom, his attention instantly grabbed by the girls' door. He knew damn well that they'd not left it open. A surging mixture of rage and dread shot through Gabriel's heart, lodging somewhere in his throat. Archangel must have noticed it at the same time, since she rushed over there. He followed right along, stopping in the doorway.

"No games," he hissed, his voice the low, dangerous tone of a cornered animal. One ready to bite for the throat. "Get this business over with and get the hell out, Ikelos."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:39 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe followed Archangel out of their bedroom, his attention instantly grabbed by the girls' door.  He knew damn well that they'd not left it open.  A surging mixture of rage and dread shot through Gabriel's heart, lodging somewhere in his throat.  Archangel must have noticed it at the same time, since she rushed over there.  He followed right along, stopping in the doorway.

"No games," he hissed, his voice the low, dangerous tone of a cornered animal.  One ready to bite for the throat.  "Get this business over with and get the hell out, Ikelos."

Ikelos turned slowly to look at the other man, lifting one finger to his lips. "Ah, ah, ah, Mr Arthur. That's not very polite, now, is it?" Turning back to look at the two sleeping girls, he tilted his head to one side, observing them. "Such innocence. I wonder if they know just what their mother has done, what their father wants to do..."

Apparently deciding that he was bored of looking at the girls, he turned on his heel, stalking past the two officers and back out into the lounge where he stood in the centre. Archangel warily moved after him, constantly keeping him where she could see him. She felt for the release on her wrist knife, wondering if she could get a strike in before he knew it.

"Don't even think about it, Nemesis. You know better," he drawled. She blinked in response. He smirked at her, reaching up to his neck and tapping a specific spot. She flinched, taking a step back, toward Gabriel, adopting a protective stance.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 8:49 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Ikelos turned slowly to look at the other man, lifting one finger to his lips.  "Ah, ah, ah, Mr Arthur.  That's not very polite, now, is it?"  Turning back to look at the two sleeping girls, he tilted his head to one side, observing them.  "Such innocence.  I wonder if they know just what their mother has done, what their father wants to do..."

Apparently deciding that he was bored of looking at the girls, he turned on his heel, stalking past the two officers and back out into the lounge where he stood in the centre.  Archangel warily moved after him, constantly keeping him where she could see him.  She felt for the release on her wrist knife, wondering if she could get a strike in before he knew it.

"Don't even think about it, Nemesis.  You know better," he drawled.  She blinked in response.  He smirked at her, reaching up to his neck and tapping a specific spot.  She flinched, taking a step back, toward Gabriel, adopting a protective stance.

It was tempting, very tempting, to reach out and attack the man as he brushed past them. Gabriel figured that was one thing he wanted them to do, or at least try. Otherwise, why would he turn his back to two hostiles? To show his power, Gabriel thought. Why else?

Apparently, Ikelos picked up on something that Gabriel missed, since Ikelos referenced...something. Had she made a move to attack? Gabriel was sure that Archangel was a much better fighter than he was, but he could at least district the bastard.

"Look," Gabriel said, shaking his head and rubbing his temples. "Are we gonna circle each other all goddamn night, or are you here for a reason?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:05 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

It was tempting, very tempting, to reach out and attack the man as he brushed past them.  Gabriel figured that was one thing he wanted them to do, or at least try.  Otherwise, why would he turn his back to two hostiles?  To show his power, Gabriel thought.  Why else?

Apparently, Ikelos picked up on something that Gabriel missed, since Ikelos referenced...something.  Had she made a move to attack?  Gabriel was sure that Archangel was a much better fighter than he was, but he could at least district the bastard.  

"Look," Gabriel said, shaking his head and rubbing his temples.  "Are we gonna circle each other all goddamn night, or are you here for a reason?"

"Oh, I'm sure that Nemesis knows why I'm here, don't you, dear?" Ikelos replied airily, moving away and picking up one of the framed holographs that Archangel had scattered around their living area, looking at the shot of the young family smiling at the camera before carelessly putting it down again.

Archangel's expression hadn't changed. There could be a number of reasons that Ikelos was here, some of which Gabriel knew, some he didn't, and Archangel was sure that she didn't want him knowing any more than he had to.

"I've already said no," she replied, hazarding a guess as to which particular desire S31 had at that point.

"It's adorable, really. You actually think you have a choice in the matter."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Oh, I'm sure that Nemesis knows why I'm here, don't you, dear?" Ikelos replied airily, moving away and picking up one of the framed holographs that Archangel had scattered around their living area, looking at the shot of the young family smiling at the camera before carelessly putting it down again.

Archangel's expression hadn't changed.  There could be a number of reasons that Ikelos was here, some of which Gabriel knew, some he didn't, and Archangel was sure that she didn't want him knowing any more than he had to.

"I've already said no," she replied, hazarding a guess as to which particular desire S31 had at that point.

"It's adorable, really.  You actually think you have a choice in the matter."

"Alright," Gabriel said, crossing his arms. "Look, we all know how far-reaching and powerful you are." Gabe knew that getting upset and being obstinate didn't matter to Ikelos, but...seeing the monster touch the photo of his family had been too much. "You've established this. Firmly. Now, are you going to get to the point of this visit, or are we gonna keep on pissing in the wind?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 7:37 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Alright," Gabriel said, crossing his arms.  "Look, we all know how far-reaching and powerful you are."  Gabe knew that getting upset and being obstinate didn't matter to Ikelos, but...seeing the monster touch the photo of his family had been too much.  "You've established this.  Firmly.  Now, are you going to get to the point of this visit, or are we gonna keep on pissing in the wind?"

"I would advise you to keep quiet, Arthur," Ikelos warned lightly.  "You have already proven that you're of no use to us.  I wouldn't become a nuisance as well."

A low growl emanated from Archangel's throat as she took offense to that comment, her eyes narrowed at the superior agent as she recognised the thinly-veiled threat.  He stalked towards her, trailing a finger down the length of her right arm, causing her to flinch away again, holding the arm close to her and glaring.

"You see, despite Nemesis being a somewhat valuable resource, she refuses to let us use it as frequently as we would like.  It's time that stopped."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:18 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"I would advise you to keep quiet, Arthur," Ikelos warned lightly.  "You have already proven that you're of no use to us.  I wouldn't become a nuisance as well."

A low growl emanated from Archangel's throat as she took offense to that comment, her eyes narrowed at the superior agent as she recognised the thinly-veiled threat.  He stalked towards her, trailing a finger down the length of her right arm, causing her to flinch away again, holding the arm close to her and glaring.

"You see, despite Nemesis being a somewhat valuable resource, she refuses to let us use it as frequently as we would like.  It's time that stopped."

And I'd advise you to be mindful of your history, Gabriel thought, glaring darkly at the personification of the Federation's moral rot. Something can only be oppressed for so long. Appeasement makes an aggressor more aggressive. That aggressor is eventually torn from limb to limb.

Placing murder fantasies in the back of his mind, Gabriel leaned against the back of the couch, crossing his arms. There was nothing more he could do right now than sit and watch, emasculating as it was.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 2:58 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
And I'd advise you to be mindful of your history, Gabriel thought, glaring darkly at the personification of the Federation's moral rot.  Something can only be oppressed for so long.  Appeasement makes an aggressor more aggressive.  That aggressor is eventually torn from limb to limb.

Placing murder fantasies in the back of his mind, Gabriel leaned against the back of the couch, crossing his arms.  There was nothing more he could do right now than sit and watch, emasculating as it was.

As Gabriel left her side to retreat behind the couch, Archangel suddenly found herself feeling very isolated and hunted in the face of Ikelos.  While Nemesis was fairly confident in her dealings with her superiors in the Intelligence department, Archangel wasn't.

Ikelos stepped forward, lifting a hand to wrap a few loose strands of her hair around her fingers.  She stiffened immediately, locking her limbs and leaning back slightly from his presence.  "Now, Nemesis... We have a team leaving for Romulus soon.  Their ship will cross paths with the Phoenix.  I expect you to board that ship.  Do we have an understanding?"

"I told you, I'm not going back!" 

He reached up his other hand, taking the point of one of her ears and twisting it slightly before kicking out her bad knee, sending her crashing to the deck where he pinned her by the neck.  "Do we need to have another little session?"  Although his voice was low, the threat in it was clear.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:04 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As Gabriel left her side to retreat behind the couch, Archangel suddenly found herself feeling very isolated and hunted in the face of Ikelos.  While Nemesis was fairly confident in her dealings with her superiors in the Intelligence department, Archangel wasn't.

Ikelos stepped forward, lifting a hand to wrap a few loose strands of her hair around her fingers.  She stiffened immediately, locking her limbs and leaning back slightly from his presence.  "Now, Nemesis... We have a team leaving for Romulus soon.  Their ship will cross paths with the Phoenix.  I expect you to board that ship.  Do we have an understanding?"

"I told you, I'm not going back!" 

He reached up his other hand, taking the point of one of her ears and twisting it slightly before kicking out her bad knee, sending her crashing to the deck where he pinned her by the neck.  "Do we need to have another little session?"  Although his voice was low, the threat in it was clear.

And, just like that, something snapped.

It could have been any number of things - him assaulting her knee, grabbing her hair, twisting her ear...anything. And *this* is for the good of the Federation? No. it was a power-mad freak. A mad dog. Beyond hope. Beyond redemption.

With Archangel down on the ground, Ikelos stood tall and open. Somehow, through his boiling rage, Gabriel remembered one of the flowing forms of the martial arts taught to him by a Vulcan captain he'd once called friend, sending him springing toward the man, moving past his wife, and well beyond the moral event horizon.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 8:17 pm

As much,as he was concentrating on the Romulan lying prone on the deck plating, pinned there by his foot on her throat, Ikelos would never have survived as an intelligence officer has he not cultivated the ability to be constantly aware of what was happening in his immediate environment.

Moving with practised ease, he let Gabriel knock him down, rolling with him as they landed, one hand easily releasing the catch on the spring-loaded knife that all Section 31 agents carried. It only took a second to get into optimal alignment, aiming for the soft tissues of his side. Hardly a fatal blow, but one that would almost certainly weaken him should it hit home
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 10, 2014 10:36 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
As much,as he was concentrating on the Romulan lying prone on the deck plating, pinned there by his foot on her throat, Ikelos would never have survived as an intelligence officer has he not cultivated the ability to be constantly aware of what was happening in his immediate environment.

Moving with practised ease, he let Gabriel knock him down, rolling with him as they landed, one hand easily releasing the catch on the spring-loaded knife that all Section 31 agents carried. It only took a second to get into optimal alignment, aiming for the soft tissues of his side. Hardly a fatal blow, but one that would almost certainly weaken him should it hit home

Gabriel made a vicious grunting sound as he took Ikelos to the ground, followed by a sharp inhalation of breath. He should have expected a knife. These bastards practically spawned them from every orifice.

Continuing the roll, Gabe grabbed for the knife in his side, working on pure adrenaline and fury, though his hands were slick with his own blood. He pulled the knife out of his own side, stabbing for Ikelos. Shouldn't have armed me, bastard, Gabriel thought, snarling again as he felt pain start to blank out his mind.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 2:57 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel made a vicious grunting sound as he took Ikelos to the ground, followed by a sharp inhalation of breath.  He should have expected a knife.  These bastards practically spawned them from every orifice.  

Continuing the roll, Gabe grabbed for the knife in his side, working on pure adrenaline and fury, though his hands were slick with his own blood.  He pulled the knife out of his own side, stabbing for Ikelos.  Shouldn't have armed me, bastard, Gabriel thought, snarling again as he felt pain start to blank out his mind.

As soon as Ikelos had been knocked away, Archangel rolled onto her knees, one hand at her neck, watching the two men with wide eyes as they fought.

Then she saw the red blood that was starting to stain the floor. Horror gripped her, flashes of Jarris' taunting as he spilled Gabriel's blood striking her mind. Fear for his life overtook the rest of her fears, but she couldn't see how to act without making things worse.

She knew that she couldn't add another close combat weapon into the mix. What else did that leave? Dumping a bucket of water over them? She couldn't be sure, but she thought that she could see the knife in Gabriel's hand. It wouldn't do him much good, that much she knew. Ikelos would be wearing body armor just in case she decided to get tricksy with a knife. He always did. Sovereign had been the same.

Running the few steps to her quarters, she grabbed a phaser from the same drawer she had pulled the uniform from, setting it to low stun. Praying to the elements that Gabriel would forgive her for what she was about to do, she fired on the pair of them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next