Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 6:52 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As soon as Ikelos had been knocked away, Archangel rolled onto her knees, one hand at her neck, watching the two men with wide eyes as they fought.  

Then she saw the red blood that was starting to stain the floor.  Horror gripped her, flashes of Jarris' taunting as he spilled Gabriel's blood striking her mind.  Fear for his life overtook the rest of her fears, but she couldn't see how to act without making things worse.

She knew that she couldn't add another close combat weapon into the mix.  What else did that leave?  Dumping a bucket of water over them?  She couldn't be sure, but she thought that she could see the knife in Gabriel's hand.  It wouldn't do him much good, that much she knew.  Ikelos would be wearing body armor just in case she decided to get tricksy with a knife.  He always did.  Sovereign had been the same.

Running the few steps to her quarters, she grabbed a phaser from the same drawer she had pulled the uniform from, setting it to low stun.  Praying to the elements that Gabriel would forgive her for what she was about to do, she fired on the pair of them.

Jabbing a short and powerful stab into Ikelos' side, Gabriel was stymied by the fact that the man seemed to be wearing body armor. Obviously, damn it, he thought, wondering why he hadn't gone for the throat. The rational part of his mind that should be horrified at these thoughts was silenced by blinding fury.

Ikelos' body twisted, taking the knife out of Gabriel's hand...so he slid his elbow along the man's chest, jabbing it into the throat, aiming to choke the life out of him.

That was, until he felt a jolting blast of energy envelop him, rattling his nerves and muscles and bones, causing his vision to swim in blackness. Gabe shook his head, trying to go back for he throat, but his hands wouldn't respond.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 7:01 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Jabbing a short and powerful stab into Ikelos' side, Gabriel was stymied by the fact that the man seemed to be wearing body armor.  Obviously, damn it, he thought, wondering why he hadn't gone for the throat.  The rational part of his mind that should be horrified at these thoughts was silenced by blinding fury.  

Ikelos' body twisted, taking the knife out of Gabriel's hand...so he slid his elbow along the man's chest, jabbing it into the throat, aiming to choke the life out of him.  

That was, until he felt a jolting blast of energy envelop him, rattling his nerves and muscles and bones, causing his vision to swim in blackness.  Gabe shook his head, trying to go back for he throat, but his hands wouldn't respond.  

Once she was sure that she had hit both of the men, Archangel dropped the phaser, grabbing the back of Ikelos' uniform and throwing him back so that she could kneel next to Gabriel, frantically searching for the source of the blood that was staining the carpeted deck plates.

"I'm sorry, e'lev," she repeated over and over, her fingers finding the stab wound in his side. "Just hold on, ok? I'll call sickbay. We need to get you to sickbay!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 9:21 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Once she was sure that she had hit both of the men, Archangel dropped the phaser, grabbing the back of Ikelos' uniform and throwing him back so that she could kneel next to Gabriel, frantically searching for the source of the blood that was staining the carpeted deck plates.

"I'm sorry, e'lev," she repeated over and over, her fingers finding the stab wound in his side.  "Just hold on, ok?  I'll call sickbay.  We need to get you to sickbay!"

Gabriel stared up at the lights of the ceiling, his vision dimming and focusing, forcing him to close his eyes to avoid a dizzying sickness. His eyes shot back open in an instant, though, once Archangel placed her fingers on his knife wound. "It's...it's okay..." he muttered, breathing heavily. "Secure him. Don't worry about me. Secure him...can't let him get away."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 4:50 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel stared up at the lights of the ceiling, his vision dimming and focusing, forcing him to close his eyes to avoid a dizzying sickness.  His eyes shot back open in an instant, though, once Archangel placed her fingers on his knife wound.  "It's...it's okay..." he muttered, breathing heavily.  "Secure him.  Don't worry about me.  Secure him...can't let him get away."

The anguish of making the decision to leave Gabriel's side when he was injured twisted Archangel's expression. Her indecision was clear. Once before, she had let Gabriel be hurt, almost killed, yet she had done nothing that would have alleviated his suffering. Now she found herself in the same situation and didn't know what to do.

She picked up the phaser she had dropped, dialing up the charge to heavy stun and aiming it at Ikelos, waiting for him to make any kind of move, lifting her other hand to tap her commbadge.

"Security and medical teams to the captain's quarters, now!" she ordered, firing on Ikelos again as she thought she saw his fingers twitch. She couldn't afford to let him activate his subdermal communicator and beam himself out of there. The hand that wasn't holding the weapon sought out Gabriel's, taking hold of it and squeezing gently.

"Just stay with me, Gabriel. Medical are on their way. Stay awake, ok? Everything's going to be fine."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 7:49 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

The anguish of making the decision to leave Gabriel's side when he was injured twisted Archangel's expression.  Her indecision was clear.  Once before, she had let Gabriel be hurt, almost killed, yet she had done nothing that would have alleviated his suffering.  Now she found herself in the same situation and didn't know what to do.  

She picked up the phaser she had dropped, dialing up the charge to heavy stun and aiming it at Ikelos, waiting for him to make any kind of move, lifting her other hand to tap her commbadge.

"Security and medical teams to the captain's quarters, now!" she ordered, firing on Ikelos again as she thought she saw his fingers twitch.  She couldn't afford to let him activate his subdermal communicator and beam himself out of there.  The hand that wasn't holding the weapon sought out Gabriel's, taking hold of it and squeezing gently.

"Just stay with me, Gabriel.  Medical are on their way.  Stay awake, ok?  Everything's going to be fine."

"I love you," Gabe said, his voice strained as he stared up at the ceiling, trying not to get lost in the futility of it all. What good had he done, honestly? He was going to bleed out like a pig, having done nothing to make his family safer. In fact, he'd probably only made it worse. But...how could any person sit and do nothing while their wife was savaged right in front of them?

Grunting with the effort, Gabriel propped himself up with one elbow, looking at the prone body. "Give me the phaser, Angel," he said, in a tone of quiet resolution. "Let me pull the trigger." He was sure that those bastards had programmed some kind of redundancy in her brain against harming her handler.

Gabriel had no such hesitations.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 6:02 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"I love you," Gabe said, his voice strained as he stared up at the ceiling, trying not to get lost in the futility of it all.  What good had he done, honestly?  He was going to bleed out like a pig, having done nothing to make his family safer.  In fact, he'd probably only made it worse.  But...how could any person sit and do nothing while their wife was savaged right in front of them?

Grunting with the effort, Gabriel propped himself up with one elbow, looking at the prone body.  "Give me the phaser, Angel," he said, in a tone of quiet resolution.  "Let me pull the trigger."  He was sure that those bastards had programmed some kind of redundancy in her brain against harming her handler.

Gabriel had no such hesitations.

As much as Archangel wanted to dial the phaser in her hand right up to 'kill' and pull the trigger on Ikelos, she found that she couldn't. As much as S31 had tried to change her into another weapon for their arsenal, she still couldn't bring herself to kill in cold blood, not as Archangel. She didn't know about Nemesis, and she didn't want to know what that side of her was capable of.

As Gabriel moved, her attention was diverted from watching the stunned intelligence operative, turning to look at gim. "Don't move, e'lev. The medics will me here soon." As he requested the phaser however, she almost gave it to him, but then hesitated. "No. I won't let you become a killer because of them."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 10:02 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As much as Archangel wanted to dial the phaser in her hand right up to 'kill' and pull the trigger on Ikelos, she found that she couldn't.  As much as S31 had tried to change her into another weapon for their arsenal, she still couldn't bring herself to kill in cold blood, not as Archangel.  She didn't know about Nemesis, and she didn't want to know what that side of her was capable of.

As Gabriel moved, her attention was diverted from watching the stunned intelligence operative, turning to look at gim.  "Don't move, e'lev.  The medics will me here soon." As he requested the phaser however, she almost gave it to him, but then hesitated.  "No.  I won't let you become a killer because of them."

Gabriel meant to snarl, but it came out in more of a strangled...something. A gurgle? Maybe. He assumed he was dying. Why would she not let him shoot the son of a bitch? His vision swam as is head hit the deckplates again, staring upward.

"I don't care if she is my Chief Engineer. I love her," he said, his voice soft and somewhat distant. "We need to talk about it, Jhamel. When we get back to the ship, and things are quieter. I'm not afraid of her. Not afraid of the whole goddamn Romulan Empire. I love her."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 7:56 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel meant to snarl, but it came out in more of a strangled...something.  A gurgle?  Maybe.  He assumed he was dying.  Why would she not let him shoot the son of a bitch?  His vision swam as is head hit the deckplates again, staring upward.  

"I don't care if she is my Chief Engineer.  I love her," he said, his voice soft and somewhat distant.  "We need to talk about it, Jhamel.  When we get back to the ship, and things are quieter.  I'm not afraid of her.  Not afraid of the whole goddamn Romulan Empire.  I love her."  

Archangel was really starting to panic now. There was a lot of blood around Gabriel and he was entering a state of delirium. She was completely out of her depth. Plasma leaking out of a ruptured conduit? Not a problem. Core breach? She could deal with that. Having the one man who meant more to her than any other bleeding out on the floor in front of her? She had no idea.

Thankfully, the door into their quarters slid open, spilling several security officers inside, quickly followed by a team of medics. Finally, Archangel let the hand with the phaser drop, sternly ordering the security team to keep Ikelos unconscious and ensure that someone was watching him at all times.

With that taken care of, she turned her attention fully to Gabriel, shifting slightly to let a medic take a closer look at the stab wound, but refusing to leave his side.

"I know, Gabriel," she said softly, not really knowing what else to say. "I love you too. It's going to be ok."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:35 pm

[Later]

One eye opened, and then the other, flittering in the light of...where the hell was he? Sickbay, he thought. Of course. And then he remembered how he got here.

"Arch," he said, sitting up a little. He could feel were the laser stitching had put him back together after the stab wound was taken care of. Feel like a damn shuttlecraft flew into my head. Perhaps the blade had been poisoned with something. Someone like Ikelos would do something like that. "Where is he?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:45 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Later]

One eye opened, and then the other, flittering in the light of...where the hell was he?  Sickbay, he thought.  Of course.  And then he remembered how he got here.

"Arch," he said, sitting up a little.  He could feel were the laser stitching had put him back together after the stab wound was taken care of.  Feel like a damn shuttlecraft flew into my head.  Perhaps the blade had been poisoned with something.  Someone like Ikelos would do something like that.  "Where is he?"

Sitting in a chair next to Gabriel's biobed, Archangel had been catnapping, her head propped up on one arm. As soon as he spoke, however, she shot to alertness, jumping to her feet and reaching out to touch his arm.

"Easy, Gabriel. The knife went deep and there were a few... complications. You need to rest. The blade had been poisoned, but Archangel had been able to provide another blade coated in the same substance. The computer had been able to find a counteragent from it.

"Ikelos is in the brig. There's an entire team watching him and all possible forcefields are in place."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Sitting in a chair next to Gabriel's biobed, Archangel had been catnapping, her head propped up on one arm.  As soon as he spoke, however, she shot to alertness, jumping to her feet and reaching out to touch his arm.

"Easy, Gabriel.  The knife went deep and there were a few... complications.  You need to rest.  The blade had been poisoned, but Archangel had been able to provide another blade coated in the same substance.  The computer had been able to find a counteragent from it.

"Ikelos is in the brig.  There's an entire team watching him and all possible forcefields are in place."

Sighing, Gabriel leaned his head back into the biobed pillow. His wife's touch brought him peace, as it always did, but he still wished to hear that Ikelos was floating in space without a suit, and not sitting in their brig. Which he could probably leave at any point. "Keep him under sedation. Gas the son of a bitch." His vision was still blurry. Whatever had been on the knife had a hell of a kick to it. Thankfully, both Chira and Henriks were off-duty at this time of night. The last thing he wanted was for either of them to see any of this.

"I'm sorry, Angel," he said, after a few moments. "I've only made things worse."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 4:17 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Sighing, Gabriel leaned his head back into the biobed pillow.  His wife's touch brought him peace, as it always did, but he still wished to hear that Ikelos was floating in space without a suit, and not sitting in their brig.  Which he could probably leave at any point.  "Keep him under sedation.  Gas the son of a bitch."  His vision was still blurry.  Whatever had been on the knife had a hell of a kick to it.  Thankfully, both Chira and Henriks were off-duty at this time of night.  The last thing he wanted was for either of them to see any of this.

"I'm sorry, Angel," he said, after a few moments.  "I've only made things worse."

"They're keeping him sedated, don't worry," Archangel said as soothingly as possible, offering him a small smile as she squeezed his hand. The apology was something that she hadn't been expecting. While she could see where it came from, Archangel also knew that his actions weren't likely to have any impact on how S31 already treated her.

"Don't apologise, e'lev," she murmured, leaning down to place a gentle kiss on his forehead. "You haven't made anything worse. It's going to be ok. We can deal with Ikelos after you've rested."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 4:36 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"They're keeping him sedated, don't worry," Archangel said as soothingly as possible, offering him a small smile as she squeezed his hand.  The apology was something that she hadn't been expecting.  While she could see where it came from, Archangel also knew that his actions weren't likely to have any impact on how S31 already treated her.

"Don't apologise, e'lev," she murmured, leaning down to place a gentle kiss on his forehead.  "You haven't made anything worse.  It's going to be ok.  We can deal with Ikelos after you've rested."

Don't worry. As if it were only that easy. Any other kind of problem, anything with the ship, the kids misbehaving, the stress of command...yes, he could see it. He would hold her close and kiss her hair, whisper that it would be okay. And, it probably would.

But not this. He knew that it'd never be okay, never be better. Not until they'd used her up and left a dried husk, pieces for someone else to pick up. "I'm sorry I couldn't watch him do that to you. I won't ever be able to. It's all a goddamn play-show to him, but you're my wife and I love you. You're my life. And I know that...I know I can't play along with their games. Not like that."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 4:58 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Don't worry.  As if it were only that easy.  Any other kind of problem, anything with the ship, the kids misbehaving, the stress of command...yes, he could see it.  He would hold her close and kiss her hair, whisper that it would be okay.  And, it probably would.

But not this.  He knew that it'd never be okay, never be better.  Not until they'd used her up and left a dried husk, pieces for someone else to pick up.  "I'm sorry I couldn't watch him do that to you.  I won't ever be able to.  It's all a goddamn play-show to him, but you're my wife and I love you.  You're my life.  And I know that...I know I can't play along with their games.  Not like that."

Gabriel's words went straight through her heart. Section 31 was a poison in their life, a slow-acting one that delighted in taking away every element of joy that it found. She reached out and touched his cheek. She couldn't tell him that what Ikelos had done was a common show of authority, that far worse had been done in the name of obedience.

"No," she replied in a quiet voice. "No apologies, e'lev. I won't make excuses for them. I can't make excuses for what I've done for them. You, the girls, the ship, that's the life I want. That's the life I will have, but I won't have you apologising for something that you aren't in control of." She ran her thumb along the line of his cheekbone. "I wish I could keep them away from you and the girls and I'm going to do my best to make that clear to Ikelos. One day, e'lev. One day we'll be free from them."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 5:21 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Gabriel's words went straight through her heart.  Section 31 was a poison in their life, a slow-acting one that delighted in taking away every element of joy that it found.  She reached out and touched his cheek.  She couldn't tell him that what Ikelos had done was a common show of authority, that far worse had been done in the name of obedience.

"No," she replied in a quiet voice.  "No apologies, e'lev.  I won't make excuses for them.  I can't make excuses for what I've done for them.  You, the girls, the ship, that's the life I want.  That's the life I will have, but I won't have you apologising for something that you aren't in control of."  She ran her thumb along the line of his cheekbone.  "I wish I could keep them away from you and the girls and I'm going to do my best to make that clear to Ikelos.  One day, e'lev.  One day we'll be free from them."

It was easy to dream about a mythical 'one day'...a day when his family was free of the terror of Section 31 and their elaborate lies to cover their own power sickness. One day. Not very likely...not as long as they thought there was value enough in Archangel to keep on as an agent. If only there was a way to make her not worth their effort. But...would she be free of them, or just another liability to tie up?

But. That as a problem for another day. Now, there was...

Gabriel suddenly sat up again, or at least tried to. "Where's the girls? Who is watching them?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 5:33 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

It was easy to dream about a mythical 'one day'...a day when his family was free of the terror of Section 31 and their elaborate lies to cover their own power sickness.  One day.  Not very likely...not as long as they thought there was value enough in Archangel to keep on as an agent.  If only there was a way to make her not worth their effort.  But...would she be free of them, or just another liability to tie up?

But.  That as a problem for another day.  Now, there was...

Gabriel suddenly sat up again, or at least tried to.  "Where's the girls?  Who is watching them?"

"Easy!" Archangel exclaimed as Gabriel sat up, terrified that he was going to do more damage to himself than Ikelos had already done. She put a hand on his shoulder, gently trying to push him back down onto the biobed.

"Just take it easy, Gabriel. The girls are in the security office with the holositter. They're as safe as they can be."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Easy!" Archangel exclaimed as Gabriel sat up, terrified that he was going to do more damage to himself than Ikelos had already done.  She put a hand on his shoulder, gently trying to push him back down onto the biobed.

"Just take it easy, Gabriel.  The girls are in the security office with the holositter.  They're as safe as they can be."

Reluctantly, Gabriel allowed Archangel to push him back onto the biobed. She was right...there wasn't much else he could do right now but rest. With S31 madmen on the loose, his wife being assaulted, his girls shunted away to the holositter yet again...he sure as hell did NOT want to spend any more time in this sickbay than he had to.

"So. Ikelos. What happens next with him?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 4:03 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Reluctantly, Gabriel allowed Archangel to push him back onto the biobed.  She was right...there wasn't much else he could do right now but rest.  With S31 madmen on the loose, his wife being assaulted, his girls shunted away to the holositter yet again...he sure as hell did NOT want to spend any more time in this sickbay than he had to.

"So.  Ikelos.  What happens next with him?"

Ah, the big question. What did they do with Ikelos? There were several things they could do, if Archangel was completely honest with herself, but none of the options were appealing nor, in her mind, possible.

Reaching out to Gabriel, she took his hand, holding it gently. "There's not a lot we can do, e'lev," she murmured. "Killing him isn't an option. Neither's holding him in the brig for eternity. We can't hand him over to the authorities..." She shook her head sadly.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 4:39 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Ah, the big question.  What did they do with Ikelos?  There were several things they could do, if Archangel was completely honest with herself, but none of the options were appealing nor, in her mind, possible.

Reaching out to Gabriel, she took his hand, holding it gently.  "There's not a lot we can do, e'lev," she murmured.  "Killing him isn't an option.  Neither's holding him in the brig for eternity.  We can't hand him over to the authorities..."  She shook her head sadly.  

Killing him wasn't an option? Now that was just too damn bad. Would you *listen* to yourself? his inner-voice wailed, but he silenced it with a thought. He needed clarity, now, and not self-doubt.

Gabriel struggled to sit up in the biobed, managing to do so despite the dizziness in his head. Had Archangel not known about the exact toxicological makeup of the poison, he'd likely be dead. "No good options, then," he said, his teeth gritted a little. "But I imagine you've already thought of something."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Killing him wasn't an option?  Now that was just too damn bad.  Would you *listen* to yourself? his inner-voice wailed, but he silenced it with a thought.  He needed clarity, now, and not self-doubt.

Gabriel struggled to sit up in the biobed, managing to do so despite the dizziness in his head.  Had Archangel not known about the exact toxicological makeup of the poison, he'd likely be dead.  "No good options, then," he said, his teeth gritted a little.  "But I imagine you've already thought of something."

As soon as Gabriel started to try to sit up, Archangel placed a hand on his shoulder, pushing gently in an attempt to keep him lying down on the bed. She didn't want him to overexert himself, not while he was recovering from being stabbed.

"Just rest for now, e'lev," she said, trying to keep her voice soothing. "Ikelos will still be there in a few hours."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 4:54 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

As soon as Gabriel started to try to sit up, Archangel placed a hand on his shoulder, pushing gently in an attempt to keep him lying down on the bed.  She didn't want him to overexert himself, not while he was recovering from being stabbed.  

"Just rest for now, e'lev," she said, trying to keep her voice soothing.  "Ikelos will still be there in a few hours."

Gabe grinned a little as his wife gently pushed him down, back on to the biobed. "Usually it's the other way around, y'know," he said, laughing softly. "You trying to charge out of bed, and me holding you back. Now you get to see what a pain in the ass you are." Gabriel took her hand and kissed it softly to show that he was only joking. "Ikelos, though...honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he'd already gotten the hell out of here."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 5:09 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe grinned a little as his wife gently pushed him down, back on to the biobed.  "Usually it's the other way around, y'know," he said, laughing softly.  "You trying to charge out of bed, and me holding you back.  Now you get to see what a pain in the ass you are."  Gabriel took her hand and kissed it softly to show that he was only joking.  "Ikelos, though...honestly, I wouldn't be surprised at all if he'd already gotten the hell out of here."

"If you weren't already laid up in sickbay after a serious injury, I'd hit you for that comment," Archangel teased back, smiling softly at her husband. Whenever he was hurt, even if it was only superficial, her heart always seemed to be in her mouth and she could never relax until he had been given the all clear from the doctors.

Security to Captain T'Koris

Tensing as the communication came in, dread settled into her stomach as she tapped her badge to respond. "T'Koris here, security, go ahead."

The man apprehended in your quarters, sir, he's escaped. Just vanished, sir!

"Acknowledged, security. T'Koris out," she replied with a weary sigh before terminating the connection.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 5:57 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"If you weren't already laid up in sickbay after a serious injury, I'd hit you for that comment," Archangel teased back, smiling softly at her husband.  Whenever he was hurt, even if it was only superficial, her heart always seemed to be in her mouth and she could never relax until he had been given the all clear from the doctors.

Security to Captain T'Koris

Tensing as the communication came in, dread settled into her stomach as she tapped her badge to respond.  "T'Koris here, security, go ahead."

The man apprehended in your quarters, sir, he's escaped.  Just vanished, sir!

"Acknowledged, security.  T'Koris out," she replied with a weary sigh before terminating the connection.

Gabriel felt himself practically deflate as security's call came through. Not that he'd not been expecting that very same call, but...it'd have been too easy if they'd instead said 'oh, sorry, he died of an aneurysm' or something.

"Damn," he said, closing his eyes exhaustedly. "I really stepped in it this time, didn't I? I wish I would have killed him when I had the chance."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 6:02 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel felt himself practically deflate as security's call came through.  Not that he'd not been expecting that very same call, but...it'd have been too easy if they'd instead said 'oh, sorry, he died of an aneurysm' or something.  

"Damn," he said, closing his eyes exhaustedly.  "I really stepped in it this time, didn't I?    I wish I would have killed him when I had the chance."

"Shhh..." Archangel murmured, leaning over him to place a gentle kiss on his forehead just as she did for her daughters every night before they went to sleep. "Killing him wouldn't have changed things. They would just have brought in another handler and the cycle would start again. Just rest now. Rest so that we can continue to live our lives as if they didn't exist. One day, we'll be free of them, just not today." She sat down in the chair next to the biobed, taking his hand and squeezing it lightly. "I'll be right here beside you when you wake up."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4