Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 3:57 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel had been about to say something when Aria hugged her and the words died on her lips.  Taking a deep breath, she forced herself to relax, hugging her daughter briefly before pressing a kiss to her golden curls and setting her down on the floor alongside her sister.

"I guess I'm going to have to face her, aren't I?"

"Well," Gabriel smiled, "I suppose we could avoid going into the living room for the rest of our lives, but I can't see how that would help anything." Looking down at the girls, he knew that she'd rather stay and play with them...same as he would. Time with the whole family was almost as rare as time alone with Archangel.

Seika looked up at Aria, giving a slightly-suspicious look as her little sister picked up a crayon, obviously not thrilled with the two-year-old's plans for her current artistic work. "Who is the lady in the other room?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 4:03 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Well," Gabriel smiled, "I suppose we could avoid going into the living room for the rest of our lives, but I can't see how that would help anything."  Looking down at the girls, he knew that she'd rather stay and play with them...same as he would.  Time with the whole family was almost as rare as time alone with Archangel.  

Seika looked up at Aria, giving a slightly-suspicious look as her little sister picked up a crayon, obviously not thrilled with the two-year-old's plans for her current artistic work.  "Who is the lady in the other room?" she asked.

Archangel gave a slight grimace. "Yeah, that's not much of an option," she agreed before putting on a smile and looking down at Seika. "She's a member of the crew, kila. She just wanted to talk to us, that's all. Some times members of the crew need to talk to us outside of duty shifts."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 4:46 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel gave a slight grimace.  "Yeah, that's not much of an option," she agreed before putting on a smile and looking down at Seika.  "She's a member of the crew, kila.  She just wanted to talk to us, that's all.  Some times members of the crew need to talk to us outside of duty shifts."

Slipping his hand into his wife's, Gabriel gave it a comforting squeeze as she performed a dance on the head of the pin of truth with their daughter. He understood, though, the reasons for not telling an already-confused five-year-old, 'oh, you know that grandmother you don't know and doesn't acknowledge you? She has another daughter, this is your new aunt'. Yeah. Like that would go over.

Leaving the girls to their coloring, Gabe and Arch moved back into the living room, where waited a very awkward and nervous-looking Cadet Walker. "Thank you for staying, Sarah," he smiled, re-taking his seat. "Are you here for a long-term billet, or is this your cruise?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:20 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Slipping his hand into his wife's, Gabriel gave it a comforting squeeze as she performed a dance on the head of the pin of truth with their daughter.  He understood, though, the reasons for not telling an already-confused five-year-old, 'oh, you know that grandmother you don't know and doesn't acknowledge you?  She has another daughter, this is your new aunt'.  Yeah.  Like that would go over.

Leaving the girls to their coloring, Gabe and Arch moved back into the living room, where waited a very awkward and nervous-looking Cadet Walker.  "Thank you for staying, Sarah," he smiled, re-taking his seat.  "Are you here for a long-term billet, or is this your cruise?"

Sarah got to her feet as the two senior officers stepped back into the lounge area of their quarters, still looking distinctly nervous. Archangel forced a smile, sitting next to Gabriel and praying that she could get through this without strangling the young cadet. After all, it wasn't her fault that their mother was twisted, nor that she had been sent out to the Phoenix.

"Just the cadet cruise for now, Commander," Sarah replied. "The Commandant at the Academy said that I'd find my experience on a starbase useful out here."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:41 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Sarah got to her feet as the two senior officers stepped back into the lounge area of their quarters, still looking distinctly nervous.  Archangel forced a smile, sitting next to Gabriel and praying that she could get through this without strangling the young cadet.  After all, it wasn't her fault that their mother was twisted, nor that she had been sent out to the Phoenix.

"Just the cadet cruise for now, Commander," Sarah replied.  "The Commandant at the Academy said that I'd find my experience on a starbase useful out here."

Gabriel couldn't tell if his wife was smiling, or initiating some kind of Klingon duel...but it was a start. Yes, Walker was here under mysterious circumstances, but...sometimes, a coincidence was just that. Not often, he thought. And most of all not when Archangel is involved.

"I'm sure you will," he said, glancing over at his wife. "Starbase and starship life are very different, but also similar in a lot of ways. Serving on both is a good way to stay rounded." Was he to continue with the small chatter all night while his wife sat quiet as a stone?
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:49 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabriel couldn't tell if his wife was smiling, or initiating some kind of Klingon duel...but it was a start. Yes, Walker was here under mysterious circumstances, but...sometimes, a coincidence was just that. Not often, he thought. And most of all not when Archangel is involved.

"I'm sure you will," he said, glancing over at his wife. "Starbase and starship life are very different, but also similar in a lot of ways. Serving on both is a good way to stay rounded." Was he to continue with the small chatter all night while his wife sat quiet as a stone?

Sarah shrugged one shoulder. "I guess. I've always thought that life on the bigger star ships wasn't all that different to life on a starbase," she replied, glad that at least one of the pair was talking.

Archangel was looking down at her hands. Small talk was not her forte, let alone small talk with someone she was unsure about. For all she knew, this was a S31 trick!
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2014 7:41 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Sarah shrugged one shoulder.  "I guess.  I've always thought that life on the bigger star ships wasn't all that different to life on a starbase," she replied, glad that at least one of the pair was talking.  

Archangel was looking down at her hands.  Small talk was not her forte, let alone small talk with someone she was unsure about.  For all she knew, this was a S31 trick!

Guess we're still maintaining radio silence, Gabriel thought, tamping down a rising feeling of annoyance. Was Arch going to make him lead this entire conversation? "Well, I suppose so. I've never really done a lot of starbase service...though, I did help build one, once," he grinned. That had actually been one of his very first assignments, working with the Corps of Engineers.

And...he wasn't quite sure where to go from there, so he looked down at his teacup.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 7:32 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Guess we're still maintaining radio silence, Gabriel thought, tamping down a rising feeling of annoyance.  Was Arch going to make him lead this entire conversation?  "Well, I suppose so.  I've never really done a lot of starbase service...though, I did help build one, once," he grinned.  That had actually been one of his very first assignments, working with the Corps of Engineers.  

And...he wasn't quite sure where to go from there, so he looked down at his teacup.

Archangel looked up at Sarah for a moment, as if she was going to speak, but then shook her head slightly and looked down at her hands again. She couldn't think of anything to say to the girl, couldn't think of anything that she wanted to say to her. Half sisters, yet their relationship with their shared mother was at polar opposites. She half wondered who Sarah's father was, since it certainly didn't seem to be General Tr'Koris.

Sarah coughed awkwardly, looking between the two senior officers. "So, um, yeah... when Chief Logan found out that I'd been posted here, he said to drop by and say hello to you for him."

A faint smile appeared on Archangel's face. "Poor Logan. Promoted? He must have been upset about that."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 03, 2014 5:35 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel looked up at Sarah for a moment, as if she was going to speak, but then shook her head slightly and looked down at her hands again.  She couldn't think of anything to say to the girl, couldn't think of anything that she wanted to say to her.  Half sisters, yet their relationship with their shared mother was at polar opposites.  She half wondered who Sarah's father was, since it certainly didn't seem to be General Tr'Koris.

Sarah coughed awkwardly, looking between the two senior officers.  "So, um, yeah...  when Chief Logan found out that I'd been posted here, he said to drop by and say hello to you for him."

A faint smile appeared on Archangel's face.  "Poor Logan.  Promoted?  He must have been upset about that."

Gabe took a long sip of his tea, even though it was starting to get a little cool. He was happy to see that Arch was starting to warm up to the kid a little bit. Not that he could really blame her, though. Gabe tried to imagine what it'd be like if he had a brother or sister that just...appeared out of thin air. Could he deal with Garen, without a life of getting used to him?

"Was Logan someone you used to terrorize?" he asked his wife, smiling.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 2:56 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Gabe took a long sip of his tea, even though it was starting to get a little cool.  He was happy to see that Arch was starting to warm up to the kid a little bit.  Not that he could really blame her, though.  Gabe tried to imagine what it'd be like if he had a brother or sister that just...appeared out of thin air.  Could he deal with Garen, without a life of getting used to him?

"Was Logan someone you used to terrorize?" he asked his wife, smiling.

"Logan is part of the Engineering crew on 173," Archangel replied, the corners of her mouth lifting at the memory of the gruff human. "He let me follow him into the jefferies tubes and help him with his duties. The other officers did that too, but he was more fun to work with. He used to joke that I was better than the cadets they shipped out to learn there."

Sarah seemed to relax slightly in her seat, as if relieved that the silence from her newly-found half sister had been broken.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 11:08 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

"Logan is part of the Engineering crew on 173," Archangel replied, the corners of her mouth lifting at the memory of the gruff human.  "He let me follow him into the jefferies tubes and help him with his duties.  The other officers did that too, but he was more fun to work with.  He used to joke that I was better than the cadets they shipped out to learn there."

Sarah seemed to relax slightly in her seat, as if relieved that the silence from her newly-found half sister had been broken.  

Well. At least we've found something to talk about that isn't awkward as a herd of turtles, Gabriel thought, setting his cup of tea down and smiling...mainly because the simile would truly be something to see, and two because he was glad that Archangel had memories of her life on Starbase 173 that didn't involve the horrible things her mother had done to her. Happy memories.

"You'll have to send him thanks, then," Gabe said, shrugging. "From all of us, for helping produce one of the finest damn engineers the Fleet has ever seen." He glanced at Sarah, nodding. "Captain T'Koris was an engineer before switching to command track."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:15 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Well.  At least we've found something to talk about that isn't awkward as a herd of turtles, Gabriel thought, setting his cup of tea down and smiling...mainly because the simile would truly be something to see, and two because he was glad that Archangel had memories of her life on Starbase 173 that didn't involve the horrible things her mother had done to her.  Happy memories.

"You'll have to send him thanks, then," Gabe said, shrugging.  "From all of us, for helping produce one of the finest damn engineers the Fleet has ever seen."  He glanced at Sarah, nodding.  "Captain T'Koris was an engineer before switching to command track."

Sarah smiled slightly at Gabriel. "I know, he told me. Apparently, he's been following your career since he learned that you were posted to the Fourth Fleet as an engineering officer. I think he's quite proud of you."

Archangel's expression turned slightly wistful. "I would have requested him on the Phoenix, but I know he'd never leave 173. That base is his baby, sort of how the Discovery was for us," she replied, looking towards Gabriel.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:53 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Sarah smiled slightly at Gabriel.  "I know, he told me.  Apparently, he's been following your career since he learned that you were posted to the Fourth Fleet as an engineering officer.  I think he's quite proud of you."

Archangel's expression turned slightly wistful.  "I would have requested him on the Phoenix, but I know he'd never leave 173.  That base is his baby, sort of how the Discovery was for us," she replied, looking towards Gabriel.

"And the Phoenix is now," Gabriel said, taking his wife's hand into his and giving it a light squeeze. He understood what she meant, though. The Discovery had been so monumentally important in their life. It was where they'd met, where he first started caring for Seika, where they'd made miracles happen. Where they'd fallen in love. Quite a few terrible memories there, too, he thought, but overall...he missed it, and knew that his wife did, too. But those days were long gone, and there wasn't any going back to it. Things only seemed simpler, then. Mainly because they weren't command officers, and were ignorant of the inner-workings of...just about everything.

Gabriel glanced toward the girls' room, and back to the little gathering. He wondered how Archangel would take his next action, but...

"Sarah," he softly asked, "...would you like to meet your nieces?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:14 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"And the Phoenix is now," Gabriel said, taking his wife's hand into his and giving it a light squeeze.  He understood what she meant, though.  The Discovery had been so monumentally important in their life.  It was where they'd met, where he first started caring for Seika, where they'd made miracles happen.  Where they'd fallen in love.  Quite a few terrible memories there, too, he thought, but overall...he missed it, and knew that his wife did, too.  But those days were long gone, and there wasn't any going back to it.  Things only seemed simpler, then.  Mainly because they weren't command officers, and were ignorant of the inner-workings of...just about everything.  

Gabriel glanced toward the girls' room, and back to the little gathering.  He wondered how Archangel would take his next action, but...

"Sarah," he softly asked, "...would you like to meet your nieces?"

Archangel smiled at her husband, leaning in towards him slightly as he took her hand. He was always there for her, to offer support just as he had done, which she was infinitely grateful for although she knew that there was no manner in which she could adequately express that gratitude.

At the mention of Sarah meeting the girls, however, she tensed. She stayed silent though, watching a look of delight cross her half-sister's face.

"It's strange to think that I have nieces, but I'd love to meet them!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:28 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel smiled at her husband, leaning in towards him slightly as he took her hand.  He was always there for her, to offer support just as he had done, which she was infinitely grateful for although she knew that there was no manner in which she could adequately express that gratitude.

At the mention of Sarah meeting the girls, however, she tensed.  She stayed silent though, watching a look of delight cross her half-sister's face.

"It's strange to think that I have nieces, but I'd love to meet them!"

Archangel tensed, but that was to be expected. Gabe knew that he was taking a big roll of her emotional dice, but...well. They were his children, too. And it wasn't as if they kept the girls under lock and key. As much as he'd prefer it that way...

Leading the group back to the girls' room, he opened it up and politely dismissed the holositter. "Gather 'round, kiddos," he beamed, picking Aria up off the floor and moving next to Seika. "I'd like you to meet Miss Sarah. This is Aria," he said, and the toddler giggled at the sound of her name. "And this is Seika."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 7:37 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Archangel tensed, but that was to be expected.  Gabe knew that he was taking a big roll of her emotional dice, but...well.  They were his children, too.  And it wasn't as if they kept the girls under lock and key.  As much as he'd prefer it that way...

Leading the group back to the girls' room, he opened it up and politely dismissed the holositter.  "Gather 'round, kiddos," he beamed, picking Aria up off the floor and moving next to Seika.  "I'd like you to meet Miss Sarah.  This is Aria," he said, and the toddler giggled at the sound of her name.  "And this is Seika."

Archangel quickly moved to stand next to Seika, putting a protective hand on her shoulder as the little girl struggled to her feet and clung to her mother. Sarah's smile grew as she saw the two of them.

"Oh, they're adorable!" she exclaimed, reaching out to tickle Aria before looking down at Seika. "Hello, Seika. You look just like your mother."

Seika looked at the young woman with narrowed eyes for a moment, picking up on her mother's suspicion, but there was no denying her natural good nature.

"Hello!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 8:02 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel quickly moved to stand next to Seika, putting a protective hand on her shoulder as the little girl struggled to her feet and clung to her mother.  Sarah's smile grew as she saw the two of them.

"Oh, they're adorable!" she exclaimed, reaching out to tickle Aria before looking down at Seika.  "Hello, Seika.  You look just like your mother."

Seika looked at the young woman with narrowed eyes for a moment, picking up on her mother's suspicion, but there was no denying her natural good nature.

"Hello!"

"Hewo!" Aria parroted, giving a big smile and a happy giggle at the tickling. She seemed to be quite ticklish, and was always ready to be in a good mood. Gabriel hoped that would stay with her, but he also knew that she'd be a surly teenager before either one of them blinked twice.

Gabriel sat down next to Seika, admiring her coloring. "Aria is two, and Seika is...is...um. How old are you, again? Seventeen? Twenty?" He purposefully was avoiding mentioning just who Sarah was, preferring to let Archangel handle that. If she wanted to.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 3:33 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Hewo!" Aria parroted, giving a big smile and a happy giggle at the tickling.  She seemed to be quite ticklish, and was always ready to be in a good mood.  Gabriel hoped that would stay with her, but he also knew that she'd be a surly teenager before either one of them blinked twice.

Gabriel sat down next to Seika, admiring her coloring.  "Aria is two, and Seika is...is...um.  How old are you, again?  Seventeen?  Twenty?"  He purposefully was avoiding mentioning just who Sarah was, preferring to let Archangel handle that.  If she wanted to.

Seika huffed and rolled her eyes at her father as he apparently forgot her age again. "I'm five, Daddy!" she grumbled, picking up her crayon again and getting back to her colouring. Archangel found that she couldn't stop a faint smile growing over her face at her eldest's developing sass. The teenage years were going to be hell. She could already tell that much.

Looking at the drawings, a look of surprised recognition crossed her face. "I almost forgot!" she said, darting back out into the lounge where she had left her little shoulder bag. When she came back, she handed a small PADD to Archangel. "One of the officers in the shuttlebay asked me to give you that."

"Uh... thanks," Archangel replied, taking it and keying in her access code. Her expression changed subtly, becoming slightly more guarded, more closed off.

Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 7:46 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Seika huffed and rolled her eyes at her father as he apparently forgot her age again.  "I'm five, Daddy!" she grumbled, picking up her crayon again and getting back to her colouring.  Archangel found that she couldn't stop a faint smile growing over her face at her eldest's developing sass.  The teenage years were going to be hell. She could already tell that much.

Looking at the drawings, a look of surprised recognition crossed her face.  "I almost forgot!" she said, darting back out into the lounge where she had left her little shoulder bag.  When she came back, she handed a small PADD to Archangel.  "One of the officers in the shuttlebay asked me to give you that."

"Uh... thanks," Archangel replied, taking it and keying in her access code.  Her expression changed subtly, becoming slightly more guarded, more closed off.

"Riiiight," Gabriel said, snapping his fingers. "Five. I knew it was something close to that." He glanced at Archangel, throwing her a quick wink and a smile.

Sarah rooted around in her kitbag and pulled something out, as Gabriel instinctively moved a little closer to his wife. From the language on her face, it was clear that Arch was less than pleased about the contents of the padd she'd been handed. "What is it?" he quietly asked, a look of concern settling onto his features.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 7:51 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Riiiight," Gabriel said, snapping his fingers.  "Five.  I knew it was something close to that."  He glanced at Archangel, throwing her a quick wink and a smile.  

Sarah rooted around in her kitbag and pulled something out, as Gabriel instinctively moved a little closer to his wife.  From the language on her face, it was clear that Arch was less than pleased about the contents of the padd she'd been handed.  "What is it?" he quietly asked, a look of concern settling onto his features.

It would have been easy to power off the PADD, to put it away and tell Gabriel that it was nothing to be worried about, but Archangel knew that he would worry anyway, and she had made a promise to him that she would try to be more open with him.

Keeping a discreet eye on Sarah, she handed the device to him without a word, more concerned about the impact that three words glowing on its screen could have on her evening.

Quote :
Always watching.
                               ~Ikelos
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 8:12 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

It would have been easy to power off the PADD, to put it away and tell Gabriel that it was nothing to be worried about, but Archangel knew that he would worry anyway, and she had made a promise to him that she would try to be more open with him.

Keeping a discreet eye on Sarah, she handed the device to him without a word, more concerned about the impact that three words glowing on its screen could have on her evening.

No matter how commonplace these interruptions in their daily life were, Gabriel knew that he would never get used to the feeling of iced sewage that coated his heart every time the monsters of S31 threatened his family.

"Well," he said, after a while of awkward silence, "it's...time for the girls to get in bed. It was nice to meet you, Sarah. I hope your cadet cruise goes smooth enough." He was polite about it, but it was a dismissal. Gabe hoped that Sarah had picked up enough at the Academy to recognize it as such.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 8:24 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

No matter how commonplace these interruptions in their daily life were, Gabriel knew that he would never get used to the feeling of iced sewage that coated his heart every time the monsters of S31 threatened his family.  

"Well," he said, after a while of awkward silence, "it's...time for the girls to get in bed.  It was nice to meet you, Sarah.  I hope your cadet cruise goes smooth enough."  He was polite about it, but it was a dismissal.  Gabe hoped that Sarah had picked up enough at the Academy to recognize it as such.

Although she wasn't sure why, Sarah could recognise that whatever had been on the PADD she had handed over wasn't good news. She forced a smile, nodding to the two command officers as she slipped the strap of her bag onto her shoulder.

"Um, thank you. It was nice to meet you too. I guess I will see you both on the bridge," she said, quickly making her exit. The entire meeting had been awkward, so leaving wasn't exactly a hardship. Archangel let out the breath she hadn't realised she had been holding once she heard the door close. Looking down into the faces of two confused little girls, she painted on a reassuring smile.

"Come on, girls, bed time," she said, picking up Aria and nuzzling the toddler's blond curls.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:04 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Although she wasn't sure why, Sarah could recognise that whatever had been on the PADD she had handed over wasn't good news.  She forced a smile, nodding to the two command officers as she slipped the strap of her bag onto her shoulder.

"Um, thank you.  It was nice to meet you too.  I guess I will see you both on the bridge," she said, quickly making her exit.  The entire meeting had been awkward, so leaving wasn't exactly a hardship.  Archangel let out the breath she hadn't realised she had been holding once she heard the door close.  Looking down into the faces of two confused little girls, she painted on a reassuring smile.  

"Come on, girls, bed time," she said, picking up Aria and nuzzling the toddler's blond curls.

Quietly, carefully, Gabriel helped get the girls ready for bed after Sarah had gone.  He hated to have dismissed the kid so abruptly, but...well.  They were senior officers, were they not?  It was a senior officer's prerogative to abruptly dismiss cadets.

Still, it was hard to keep his hands from shaking as he put Seika into bed, though the girl's good cheer helped keep his rage at bay.  It did not dispel it, though.

And so he found himself later waiting in the living room, sitting in the silence and staring at the padd as though it contained a deeper cipher beyond the simple sentence.  Always watching.  Always, he thought, his hands clamping on the display device and shaking, even though he knew he didn't have the strength to break it.  A small series of cracks spiderwebbed across the screen, though.  

"Always watching, huh?" he growled, standing and turning to throw the padd across the room.  It made a horrendous crash, colliding destructively with the climate-control display case that he kept hanging in the wall, with old Starfleet mission patches tumbling out and onto the floor among the shards.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 12:38 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

"Always watching, huh?" he growled, standing and turning to throw the padd across the room.  It made a horrendous crash, colliding destructively with the climate-control display case that he kept hanging in the wall, with old Starfleet mission patches tumbling out and onto the floor among the shards.

Archangel had been settling Aria into her bed, the toddler having been playing squid and not wanting to let go of her mother. Eventually, she had main down and let Archangel pull the blankets over her as she drifted off to sleep. Archangel had paused at the door for a moment to look back at her youngest daughter, but a crash from the lounge made her jump. Spinning on her heel, she darted toward the source of the noise.

Seeing the smashed case and Gabriel's stance, it didn't take a genius to put the pieces together. She paused by his side for a moment, touching his arm lightly and looking at him with a soft, concerned look before moving on to start to carefully pick out the patches from the broken glass. She knew that if he wanted to tell her why he had almost destroyed one of his most prized possessions, he would, but she wouldn't press him for the information.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 08, 2014 1:32 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel had been settling Aria into her bed, the toddler having been playing squid and not wanting to let go of her mother.  Eventually, she had main down and let Archangel pull the blankets over her as she drifted off to sleep.  Archangel had paused at the door for a moment to look back at her youngest daughter, but a crash from the lounge made her jump.  Spinning on her heel, she darted toward the source of the noise.

Seeing the smashed case and Gabriel's stance, it didn't take a genius to put the pieces together.  She paused by his side for a moment, touching his arm lightly and looking at him with a soft, concerned look before moving on to start to carefully pick out the patches from the broken glass.  She knew that if he wanted to tell her why he had almost destroyed one of his most prized possessions, he would, but she wouldn't press him for the information.

"I'm sorry," Gabriel said, his voice still quite low. Quickly moving over to where his wife was, he reached down to help pick up the pieces with her. "I didn't mean to...I just kinda threw it." Thankfully, none of the actual patches were hurt. Taking up a uniform top, he started scooping the shards of crystalline polymer into it.

"For what it's worth..." he said, sitting on his haunches and trying not to sound completely distant, "...I don't get the feeling that she was in on that."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]   Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Visitors in the Night [Gabriel/Archangel]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next