Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 10:40 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel flinched away as Gabriel flung the PADD, cowering away as much as her battered body would allow.  As much as Section 31 had battered and tortured her, they had done worse to him through her.  She wanted to believe that they had finished with her for now, that she could go back to living a normal life, that she could stop constantly looking out of the corner of her eye for the little signs that showed that they were watching her.

She didn't know what to say to him.  She couldn't blame him for his reaction, that was for sure, but on the other hand, Archangel was desperate to believe it.  To believe that the nightmare was over even if it was only temporary.

"Please... Gabriel... Even if it's just for a few days, let me believe it."

"I'm sorry, you're right. There's nothing we can do about it...now, at least," he said, slumping down in the chair. Gabriel rested his chin on his fist, his expression as still and numb as a statue. Nothing they could do now, but...

Reaching over, Gabriel took up Archangel's hand in his own (the one without the cuts, naturally), and smiled. Soft, sad, and without much joy...but what little there was, it existed because of her. Her, and the two little ones in another room. It was to them that his thoughts turned. "We can't do this anymore, Angel."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 11:07 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"I'm sorry, you're right.  There's nothing we can do about it...now, at least," he said, slumping down in the chair.  Gabriel rested his chin on his fist, his expression as still and numb as a statue.  Nothing they could do now, but...

Reaching over, Gabriel took up Archangel's hand in his own (the one without the cuts, naturally), and smiled.  Soft, sad, and without much joy...but what little there was, it existed because of her.  Her, and the two little ones in another room.  It was to them that his thoughts turned.  "We can't do this anymore, Angel."

Archangel's hand trembled in his, giving a quiet whimper as sweat began to break out over her skin, the metabolic accelerant pushing her through the stages of withdrawal and flushing the drugs out of her system. She knew from experience that the process would take several hours, but she would feel far better for it by the end.

"No... we can't," she managed to reply. "That's why I did... what I did. Pushed him so far. I needed to show... that I wasn't of any use to them."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel's hand trembled in his, giving a quiet whimper as sweat began to break out over her skin, the metabolic accelerant pushing her through the stages of withdrawal and flushing the drugs out of her system.  She knew from experience that the process would take several hours, but she would feel far better for it by the end.

"No... we can't," she managed to reply.  "That's why I did... what I did.  Pushed him so far.  I needed to show... that I wasn't of any use to them."

He was a little surprised to find Archangel agreeing so quickly. Not that she enjoyed 31's attentions or anything, but she usually had myriad reasons why 'getting out' wouldn't work. All of them valid, too...or they wouldn't even be in this position, at this stage in their careers, life, and marriage. And what stage is that? Gabriel thought. He didn't have an answer.

Gabriel kept hold of her hand, bringing it up to his lips and lightly kissing the backs of her fingers. "Any use? What happened, Arch? Tell me."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:33 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
He was a little surprised to find Archangel agreeing so quickly.  Not that she enjoyed 31's attentions or anything, but she usually had myriad reasons why 'getting out' wouldn't work.  All of them valid, too...or they wouldn't even be in this position, at this stage in their careers, life, and marriage.  And what stage is that? Gabriel thought.  He didn't have an answer.

Gabriel kept hold of her hand, bringing it up to his lips and lightly kissing the backs of her fingers.  "Any use?  What happened, Arch?  Tell me."

Archangel was silent to begin with, closing her eyes. It appeared as if she was asleep for a moment, but then she spoke in a slow, quiet, pained voice.

"Sovereign's initial... session with me was mainly because I wanted to resign. He told me than that, if I didn't cooperate, then they would just send me on more and more dangerous missions until I was killed. He managed to bend Nemesis to his will, but not me. Now, they know they can't let me die because of how shaky relations with the Star Empire are, and what retribution there might be if I die in... less than stellar circumstances." She paused for a moment, gathering her thoughts. "I screwed up on my mission. It was supposed to be easy, but I broke through Nemesis' control part way through and..." She clammed up on that, her jaw clenching. Gabriel didn't need to know what mission she had been sent on.

The Romulan let out a loud groan as her muscles seized briefly, sweat visibly beading on her skin as she fought to keep from making too much noise. After a few minutes, the moment seemed to pass and she breathed as heavily as her recently repaired body would allow her. "He used a mind probe to dig up those memories, to force me to relive them as he did the same things Sovereign did." She swallowed hard. "He misjudged it. Sovereign had a psyche team evaluating every step, but Ikelos didn't. He broke something... something inside my head, but I don't know what."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 3:49 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel was silent to begin with, closing her eyes.  It appeared as if she was asleep for a moment, but then she spoke in a slow, quiet, pained voice.

"Sovereign's initial... session with me was mainly because I wanted to resign.  He told me than that, if I didn't cooperate, then they would just send me on more and more dangerous missions until I was killed.  He managed to bend Nemesis to his will, but not me.  Now, they know they can't let me die because of how shaky relations with the Star Empire are, and what retribution there might be if I die in... less than stellar circumstances."  She paused for a moment, gathering her thoughts.  "I screwed up on my mission.  It was supposed to be easy, but I broke through Nemesis' control part way through and..." She clammed up on that, her jaw clenching.  Gabriel didn't need to know what mission she had been sent on.  

The Romulan let out a loud groan as her muscles seized briefly, sweat visibly beading on her skin as she fought to keep from making too much noise.  After a few minutes, the moment seemed to pass and she breathed as heavily as her recently repaired body would allow her.  "He used a mind probe to dig up those memories, to force me to relive them as he did the same things Sovereign did."  She swallowed hard.  "He misjudged it.  Sovereign had a psyche team evaluating every step, but Ikelos didn't.  He broke something... something inside my head, but I don't know what."

Gabriel listened to Archangel's story, staring straight at the ground and struggling to keep his breathing even.  He wondered why he even tried to shut out the pain, bury it in numbness.  There always seemed to be some new horror waiting just around the corner for him, ready to blast those defenses down, salt on the raw and naked wires of his nerves.  

The mention of Sovereign was one of those old wells of rage, one that was barely covered over.  The first man I've ever looked at and known I could kill, he thought.  A part of him felt the tragedy of that...of all this.  It was hard to reconcile this life with the smiling, kind-hearted little farmboy that everyone always said he was.  

"Is...she," he said, unwilling to say the word 'Nemesis', "...gone?  Buried?  Or what?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:00 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabriel listened to Archangel's story, staring straight at the ground and struggling to keep his breathing even.  He wondered why he even tried to shut out the pain, bury it in numbness.  There always seemed to be some new horror waiting just around the corner for him, ready to blast those defenses down, salt on the raw and naked wires of his nerves.  

The mention of Sovereign was one of those old wells of rage, one that was barely covered over.  The first man I've ever looked at and known I could kill, he thought.  A part of him felt the tragedy of that...of all this.  It was hard to reconcile this life with the smiling, kind-hearted little farmboy that everyone always said he was.  

"Is...she," he said, unwilling to say the word 'Nemesis', "...gone?  Buried?  Or what?"

Archangel wasn't in much of a state to know how Gabriel was taking the information she was giving him. Experience told her that he was likely trying to process it without actually getting into a shuttlecraft so that he could hunt Ikelos down and tear his head from his shoulders.

When he brought up the subject of Nemesis, she answered him honestly. "I...I don't know. I think she's still there. Sleeping, maybe." She gave another groan, struggling to push herself up into a sitting position. "I think I'm going to be sick..."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:11 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel wasn't in much of a state to know how Gabriel was taking the information she was giving him.  Experience told her that he was likely trying to process it without actually getting into a shuttlecraft so that he could hunt Ikelos down and tear his head from his shoulders.  

When he brought up the subject of Nemesis, she answered him honestly.  "I...I don't know.  I think she's still there.  Sleeping, maybe."  She gave another groan, struggling to push herself up into a sitting position.  "I think I'm going to be sick..."

Hopping up, Gabriel rushed into the little bathroom area, taking up a wastebasket. The bin itself was a bit of an anachronism, seeing as how waste reclamation worked in this century, but he'd had it replicated and kept it on hand just for...

Just for times like this, he thought, aware that someone, somewhere might have enjoyed the grim comedy of the fact that Gabriel and Archangel had contingency plans for when she had to sick up after being tortured by Starfleet. No. Not Starfleet. It was hard to keep them separate in his head, but he knew that most members of the Fleet weren't even aware of 31's existence.

"Here," he simply said, giving her the bin and holding her long hair back. She looked a fright, flushed green and sweaty, but he assumed it was just the poison working out of her system.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:26 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Hopping up, Gabriel rushed into the little bathroom area, taking up a wastebasket.  The bin itself was a bit of an anachronism, seeing as how waste reclamation worked in this century, but he'd had it replicated and kept it on hand just for...

Just for times like this, he thought, aware that someone, somewhere might have enjoyed the grim comedy of the fact that Gabriel and Archangel had contingency plans for when she had to sick up after being tortured by Starfleet.  No.  Not Starfleet.  It was hard to keep them separate in his head, but he knew that most members of the Fleet weren't even aware of 31's existence.

"Here," he simply said, giving her the bin and holding her long hair back.  She looked a fright, flushed green and sweaty, but he assumed it was just the poison working out of her system.

Nothing but bile came up as Archangel retched into the wastebasket, testament to the fact that she hadn't been allowed to eat anything for several days. She had her hands on the rim of it, fingers following the curve, so that she could then rest her forehead against them and know that she wasn't missing the bin. Her sight, at that point in time, was not something to be trusted. In fact, she squeezed her eyes closed so that she didn't have to see two or three of everything, nor the shadows that seemed to come to life and grab at her.

Once she felt the painful heaves subside, she lifted her head, trying to get her breathing back under control. Her ribs ached from the effort after having been in pieces not all that long ago. Her stomach was still twisting itself in knots, but no longer seemed to be trying to crawl up her oesophagus.

"I'm sorry," she murmured to Gabriel. What she was sorry for encompassed such a large field now that she couldn't even begin to enumerate everything.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 4:46 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Nothing but bile came up as Archangel retched into the wastebasket, testament to the fact that she hadn't been allowed to eat anything for several days.  She had her hands on the rim of it, fingers following the curve, so that she could then rest her forehead against them and know that she wasn't missing the bin.  Her sight, at that point in time, was not something to be trusted.  In fact, she squeezed her eyes closed so that she didn't have to see two or three of everything, nor the shadows that seemed to come to life and grab at her.

Once she felt the painful heaves subside, she lifted her head, trying to get her breathing back under control.  Her ribs ached from the effort after having been in pieces not all that long ago.  Her stomach was still twisting itself in knots, but no longer seemed to be trying to crawl up her oesophagus.  

"I'm sorry," she murmured to Gabriel.  What she was sorry for encompassed such a large field now that she couldn't even begin to enumerate everything.

Her sweat-matted hair hung dark and limply as Gabriel held it back. The sounds she was making were simply piteous, but he knew he couldn't turn away. Not from her, not now. Not ever. "Don't apologize, Angel. You know better than that."

Once she'd finished, he helped prop another pillow under her back. "Lay back and rest," he said, returning to his chair. Gabe took up Arch's hand, holding it as he smiled at her. "Don't worry. I won't try to draw you right now." Resting his head against the cool metal of the bulkhead, he thought back to better times. "Remember on the beach? I drew you, then...though, of course, we didn't make much use of clothing for that week." Better times. Happier times. Any time but right now.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Her sweat-matted hair hung dark and limply as Gabriel held it back.  The sounds she was making were simply piteous, but he knew he couldn't turn away.  Not from her, not now.  Not ever.  "Don't apologize, Angel.  You know better than that."  

Once she'd finished, he helped prop another pillow under her back.  "Lay back and rest," he said, returning to his chair.  Gabe took up Arch's hand, holding it as he smiled at her.  "Don't worry.  I won't try to draw you right now."  Resting his head against the cool metal of the bulkhead, he thought back to better times.  "Remember on the beach?  I drew you, then...though, of course, we didn't make much use of clothing for that week."  Better times.  Happier times.  Any time but right now.

'Exhausted' would have been an apt term to apply to Archangel as she lay back, tremours still running through her muscles as they worked hard to exorcise the remnants of the drugs in her bloodstream.

She smiled faintly at the memory of their honeymoon, at the various things that they had done together. He had drawn her then, wearing nothing more than a smile, stretched out in their rooms on Centaurus. Clothing had been pretty much optional on that holiday. Even when they were wearing clothing, it never stayed on for long. "I remember..." she murmured. "We didn't need clothes, not with what we were doing. What happened to that drawing? I can't remember..."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 7:18 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

'Exhausted' would have been an apt term to apply to Archangel as she lay back, tremours still running through her muscles as they worked hard to exorcise the remnants of the drugs in her bloodstream.

She smiled faintly at the memory of their honeymoon, at the various things that they had done together.  He had drawn her then, wearing nothing more than a smile, stretched out in their rooms on Centaurus.  Clothing had been pretty much optional on that holiday.  Even when they were wearing clothing, it never stayed on for long.  "I remember..." she murmured.  "We didn't need clothes, not with what we were doing.  What happened to that drawing?  I can't remember..."

"We need to take more vacations," Gabriel said, grinning boyishly at the memory of their time together. It had been ruined, too, by 31's presence (or, at least, the reminder of their presence), but the rest of it? It was a memory that he'd keep with him all his days.

Gabe set the chair back down on all four legs, darting off quickly to the main closet. "It's here, of course," he said, pulling out a roll of long paper. There were several of his drawings bundled up, but he quickly found the one in particular. He remembered being surprised that they'd been able to break contact with one another for long enough to actually make a drawing. "See?" He touched her face, leaning down to place a gentle kiss on her forehead. "Get some rest, e'lev. We can keep this bird in the air for a few days while you recover."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"We need to take more vacations," Gabriel said, grinning boyishly at the memory of their time together.  It had been ruined, too, by 31's presence (or, at least, the reminder of their presence), but the rest of it?  It was a memory that he'd keep with him all his days.

Gabe set the chair back down on all four legs, darting off quickly to the main closet.  "It's here, of course," he said, pulling out a roll of long paper.  There were several of his drawings bundled up, but he quickly found the one in particular.  He remembered being surprised that they'd been able to break contact with one another for long enough to actually make a drawing.  "See?"  He touched her face, leaning down to place a gentle kiss on her forehead.  "Get some rest, e'lev.  We can keep this bird in the air for a few days while you recover."

Archangel smiled faintly as she heard Gabriel find the drawing that he had done what seemed like so long ago and let her head fall back to the pillow, her eyes closing. Rest seemed like a good idea. Maybe if she slept, it would all be over when she woke up. Pulling at the blankets, she managed to turn herself onto her side, settling into a more comfortable position and closing her eyes, quickly drifting off into sleep.

The reality of the matter, however, wasn't so straightforward. Her sleep was restless. She tossed and turned, often whimpering or murmuring unintelligible words as she did so. The blankets were pushed away and then sought after.

After only a couple of hours, she bolted upright with a muffled scream, breathing heavily, shivering as the air made contact with her sweat-drenched skin and clothes. She clenched her fists, squeezing her eyes shut as she shook her head, muttering to herself: "He's not real. He's not here. He's not real!"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 8:22 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
Archangel smiled faintly as she heard Gabriel find the drawing that he had done what seemed like so long ago and let her head fall back to the pillow, her eyes closing.  Rest seemed like a good idea.  Maybe if she slept, it would all be over when she woke up.  Pulling at the blankets, she managed to turn herself onto her side, settling into a more comfortable position and closing her eyes, quickly drifting off into sleep.

The reality of the matter, however, wasn't so straightforward.  Her sleep was restless.  She tossed and turned, often whimpering or murmuring unintelligible words as she did so.  The blankets were pushed away and then sought after.

After only a couple of hours, she bolted upright with a muffled scream, breathing heavily, shivering as the air made contact with her sweat-drenched skin and clothes.  She clenched her fists, squeezing her eyes shut as she shook her head, muttering to herself: "He's not real.  He's not here.  He's not real!"

Settling Archangel back into bed, Gabriel resumed his post by the side of the bed. He would have preferred to be in the bed, but he still wasn't sure about all of her injuries. He would not want to inadvertently roll on to her, or something. Gabriel drifted in and out of dozing, his eyes popping open every time Archangel thrashed, or spoke in the low, murmuring tones, utilizing both Standard and Rihannsu. He often had to search for her blanket, laying it over top of her twisting form.

Some time, well into the dead of night, he was brought from his chair slumber by the sound of her screaming. Gabriel gave a 'yelp' sound himself, flopping out of the chair and landing hard on the floor. "Angel!" he said, stumbling back up, his instincts telling him to scan for any threat. There didn't appear to be...at least, nothing external. "Easy...easy...it's alright," he said, sitting on the side of the bed and taking up her hands. "Lie back. You're right, he's not here. It's just me. Go back to sleep...I'm not going anywhere."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 8:49 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Settling Archangel back into bed, Gabriel resumed his post by the side of the bed.  He would have preferred to be in the bed, but he still wasn't sure about all of her injuries.  He would not want to inadvertently roll on to her, or something.  Gabriel drifted in and out of dozing, his eyes popping open every time Archangel thrashed, or spoke in the low, murmuring tones, utilizing both Standard and Rihannsu.  He often had to search for her blanket, laying it over top of her twisting form.

Some time, well into the dead of night, he was brought from his chair slumber by the sound of her screaming.  Gabriel gave a 'yelp' sound himself, flopping out of the chair and landing hard on the floor.  "Angel!" he said, stumbling back up, his instincts telling him to scan for any threat.  There didn't appear to be...at least, nothing external.  "Easy...easy...it's alright," he said, sitting on the side of the bed and taking up her hands.  "Lie back.  You're right, he's not here.  It's just me.  Go back to sleep...I'm not going anywhere."

Her hands gripped Gabriel's as Archangel's chest continued to heave, her eyes darting around the half-lit room as she searched for any sign of a threat.  Her throat worked as she swallowed several times, trying to keep her roiling stomach from bringing anything else up.

She let go, grimacing as she pushed up her sleeve, looking at the arm that had been stripped of skin not all that long ago.  It was still a gruesome sight, only partially regenerated, but far better than it had been.  Her whole body ached, her head, arm and leg actively sending out waves of pain.

She looked up at him, an expression of fear on her face and a plea for reassurance in her voice.  It was almost childlike in its nature, a need to know that the monster in the closet wasn't real. "You're sure?  You're sure he's not here?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 10:45 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Her hands gripped Gabriel's as Archangel's chest continued to heave, her eyes darting around the half-lit room as she searched for any sign of a threat.  Her throat worked as she swallowed several times, trying to keep her roiling stomach from bringing anything else up.

She let go, grimacing as she pushed up her sleeve, looking at the arm that had been stripped of skin not all that long ago.  It was still a gruesome sight, only partially regenerated, but far better than it had been.  Her whole body ached, her head, arm and leg actively sending out waves of pain.

She looked up at him, an expression of fear on her face and a plea for reassurance in her voice.  It was almost childlike in its nature, a need to know that the monster in the closet wasn't real.  "You're sure?  You're sure he's not here?"

"I'm one hundred percent sure," Gabriel said, his face showing a smile that he hoped was reassuring. He certainly didn't feel 'reassured' about anything at all, right now. But...what else could he do? What else was there to do? Gabriel remembered well the almost-catatonic state that she'd been in after the incidents that led to her losing command of the Chin'toka. It had taken weeks for her to come around. This didn't seem as bad, but he felt just as helpless.

Then you do what you've always done. What you *can*, he thought, reaching out to touch the side of her cheek. "It's just me. I promise. I want you to go back to sleep, now." Gabriel carefully crawled into the bed beside her, wrapping his arms around her midsection. It was more comfortable than the chair, and it at least allowed him to feel like he was protecting her, even if it was in the most infinitesimal ways. At least, this way, I'm not *completely* useless.

"I love you, Angel. Now...go back to sleep. I'll be here." As he'd been. And would be.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 7:05 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
"I'm one hundred percent sure," Gabriel said, his face showing a smile that he hoped was reassuring.  He certainly didn't feel 'reassured' about anything at all, right now.  But...what else could he do?  What else was there to do?  Gabriel remembered well the almost-catatonic state that she'd been in after the incidents that led to her losing command of the Chin'toka.  It had taken weeks for her to come around.  This didn't seem as bad, but he felt just as helpless.  

Then you do what you've always done.  What you *can*, he thought, reaching out to touch the side of her cheek.  "It's just me.  I promise.  I want you to go back to sleep, now."  Gabriel carefully crawled into the bed beside her, wrapping his arms around her midsection.  It was more comfortable than the chair, and it at least allowed him to feel like he was protecting her, even if it was in the most infinitesimal ways.  At least, this way, I'm not *completely* useless.

"I love you, Angel.  Now...go back to sleep.  I'll be here."  As he'd been.  And would be.

The feel of Gabriel next to her was comforting to the Romulan, although she yelped as he brushed against her arm, tensing to pull away, but she was already in his embrace. The coolness of his skin against her feverish flesh was a pleasant sensation and the smell that was so uniquely his was comforting. Pulling away didn't feel like something she wanted to do.

So, wrapped in his arms, Archangel fell back into her restless sleep, protected by Gabriel's presence.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 3:47 pm

[Later]

"Alright, girls," Gabriel said, kneeling down to address the troops. "Remember what I said?" Seika nodded, her sparkling blue eyes heavy with all the sincerity of a five-year-old. "Yes, daddy. No jumping on the bed, and we're not to make noise when mummy is sick. That means you, Aria," the little girl said, cocking an eyebrow at her younger sister and looking, at least to Gabriel, uncannily like her mother. For her part, Aria just hugged her toy starship, poking her tongue and chewing on the nacelle. "I'm a good girl," she said.

Aria wore her usual outfit of a purple jumper decorated by an Ancient Earth rocketship, her long curls spilling over her shoulders. It would be time for her first haircut, soon. Seika had on a knit cap with little cat ears poking out the top. Chira had made the thing for her, and she'd taken to wearing it at all times. It was almost an argument to get her to take it off for baths. Gabriel assumed that his sister was practicing making baby booties...

"You got it, lil' ladies," he said, kissing the tops of their heads. He picked up the plate of toast and tea, carrying it along with them. Gabe usually wouldn't have considered it a good enough breakfast, but he knew that his wife's appetite was still shaky. Aria bounded over as the trio entered the bedroom, stopping up short of the bedside. "Mommy!" she beamed. Gabriel noticed that Seika seemed a bit more guarded than usual, though she was still obviously glad to see her mother. She's getting older, getting smarter. We won't be able to pull the wool over her for much longer, Gabe thought, setting the tray of tea down. "Morning, Angel. Thought you might like a visitor or two."
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 07, 2015 5:13 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
[Later]

"Alright, girls," Gabriel said, kneeling down to address the troops.  "Remember what I said?"  Seika nodded, her sparkling blue eyes heavy with all the sincerity of a five-year-old.  "Yes, daddy.  No jumping on the bed, and we're not to make noise when mummy is sick.  That means you, Aria," the little girl said, cocking an eyebrow at her younger sister and looking, at least to Gabriel, uncannily like her mother.  For her part, Aria just hugged her toy starship, poking her tongue and chewing on the nacelle.  "I'm a good girl," she said.

Aria wore her usual outfit of a purple jumper decorated by an Ancient Earth rocketship, her long curls spilling over her shoulders.  It would be time for her first haircut, soon.  Seika had on a knit cap with little cat ears poking out the top.  Chira had made the thing for her, and she'd taken to wearing it at all times.  It was almost an argument to get her to take it off for baths.  Gabriel assumed that his sister was practicing making baby booties...

"You got it, lil' ladies," he said, kissing the tops of their heads.  He picked up the plate of toast and tea, carrying it along with them.  Gabe usually wouldn't have considered it a good enough breakfast, but he knew that his wife's appetite was still shaky.  Aria bounded over as the trio entered the bedroom, stopping up short of the bedside.  "Mommy!" she beamed.  Gabriel noticed that Seika seemed a bit more guarded than usual, though she was still obviously glad to see her mother.  She's getting older, getting smarter.  We won't be able to pull the wool over her for much longer, Gabe thought, setting the tray of tea down.  "Morning, Angel.  Thought you might like a visitor or two."

Archangel had once again thrown off the covers as she sat up in bed, sweat streaming off her as she panted and shook, waking up from yet another stinted bout of sleep by another nightmare. Her eyes flicked around the empty room, searching the shadows for the fears that her mind conjured up.

She was startled as the door slid open, about to jump to her feet when she realised that it was Gabriel and the girls. She relaxed a little then, putting on as much of a smile as she could for the girls. Aria had scampered over to her in her typical fashion and, after a moment's hesitation, leaned over to plant a gentle kiss on her youngest's blond curls.

Her eyes drifted over to Seika, noting that she was keeping her distance. She knew that the little girl was starting to question her mother's absences a lot more, noticing when she came home with more injuries than she could explain away. She prayed to the Elements that this would be the last time that Seika would wake up to find her mother once again missing.

She looked up at Gabriel as he stepped closer and eyed the tray with a wary look. She wasn't sure her stomach was up to eating anything at that point, but she knew that she had to make an effort in order to reassure her family. She forced another smile. "Visitors are always welcome," she said as she picked up a slice of toast, bringing it to her lips, then almost dropping it as a memory fragment flashed across her mind, the pain of Sovereign breaking her jaw. She put it down again with a sigh. "So, what have you girls been up to while I've been away? Did you behave for your father?"
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 8:02 am

Gabe fought off a little sigh as Archangel seemed to consider the toast, setting it aside. He understood that she didn't have near the appetite that she usually had (minuscule as it was), but if she never ate, then her recovery would be severely curtailed. Back to nutrient hypos, I suppose, he thought, unhappy at the prospect. Hopefully, she'd like the tea.

"We were very good," Seika said, nodding as she scrambled up on the bed, sitting beside her mother. She must have taken Gabriel's admonition to heart, since she was exceedingly careful not to jostle. "Daddy gave us ice cream for being so good." Aria, who had toddled after her sister, stood at the side of the bed with her arms raised, looking quite put-out that Seika had taken a seat without her. "Up! Wanna go up with Ika!" she said. Gabriel quickly intervened, hoisting Aria up into the air with a woosh sound, as the little child giggled happily. "Up!"

Seika took off her cat-ear cap, turning it in her hands. She looked up at her mother, her face a mixture of puzzlement and apprehension. "Mummy...how did you get hurt?"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:45 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Gabe fought off a little sigh as Archangel seemed to consider the toast, setting it aside.  He understood that she didn't have near the appetite that she usually had (minuscule as it was), but if she never ate, then her recovery would be severely curtailed.  Back to nutrient hypos, I suppose, he thought, unhappy at the prospect.  Hopefully, she'd like the tea.

"We were very good," Seika said, nodding as she scrambled up on the bed, sitting beside her mother.  She must have taken Gabriel's admonition to heart, since she was exceedingly careful not to jostle.  "Daddy gave us ice cream for being so good."  Aria, who had toddled after her sister, stood at the side of the bed with her arms raised, looking quite put-out that Seika had taken a seat without her.  "Up!  Wanna go up with Ika!" she said.  Gabriel quickly intervened, hoisting Aria up into the air with a woosh sound, as the little child giggled happily.  "Up!"

Seika took off her cat-ear cap, turning it in her hands.  She looked up at her mother, her face a mixture of puzzlement and apprehension.  "Mummy...how did you get hurt?"

As she listened to her little girls, Archangel used her mind's distraction to take a bite of toast, chewing and swallowing it before she could have any second thoughts. It did nothing to sooth her stomach, not even when she swallowed a mouthful of tea afterwards.

She managed a faint smile at Seika's mention of ice cream, knowing that Gabriel did enjoy spoiling his daughters with little treats like that. It was also a good way to keep their minds off the fact that there was a person missing in their family. That smile immediately faded as Seika asked one of the most damning questions she could possibly come out with. In the back of her mind, Archangel wondered just how much longer she could keep lying to the girls, keep her innocent and unaware of how dark things could really be.

She wanted nothing more than to gather the five-year-old up in her arms and hug her close, but she also knew that the time was coming when Seika was going to have to be treated as an intelligent individual, and not as the toddler her mother might wish she could stay.

"Sweetheart..." she paused, trying to think of what to say. "Sweetheart, sometimes Starfleet needs me to go away on special missions and, while they do their best to keep me safe, sometimes things go wrong." She forced another smile, reaching out to smooth her daughter's black hair. "I made a few mistakes, kila, and I got hurt for it, that's all."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 08, 2015 10:56 pm

Seika frowned, still looking down at the hat in her hands. "That's mean of them," she finally said, her hair hanging loosely since Gabriel hadn't had time time braid it up for her. She preferred her mother do it, anyway. Gabe wasn't...the best at braiding hair. "They shouldn't make you be hurt. She popped the hat back on her head, drawing it down to where her pointed little ears stuck out from the sides. When she looked up at her mother, her blue eyes were brimming with unshed tears. "I don't like it when you get hurt, mummy. It scares me. You should take daddy with you when you go on mish-ins."

Still holding Aria, Gabriel could see the tears forming in his older daughter's eyes. It was like a knife hurtling toward his heart...one that he was powerless to halt. He tried to think of something, anything, to distract the little girl. Aria, who was also stretching her arms out toward her mother, gave a puzzled look as she caught Seika's mood. "Ika!" she said, her mis-matched eyes wide. "Don't be sad!"
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 09, 2015 2:57 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:
Seika frowned, still looking down at the hat in her hands.  "That's mean of them," she finally said, her hair hanging loosely since Gabriel hadn't had time time braid it up for her.  She preferred her mother do it, anyway.  Gabe wasn't...the best at braiding hair.  "They shouldn't make you be hurt.  She popped the hat back on her head, drawing it down  to where her pointed little ears stuck out from the sides.  When she looked up at her mother, her blue eyes were brimming with unshed tears.  "I don't like it when you get hurt, mummy.  It scares me.  You should take daddy with you when you go on mish-ins."

Still holding Aria, Gabriel could see the tears forming in his older daughter's eyes.  It was like a knife hurtling toward his heart...one that he was powerless to halt.  He tried to think of something, anything, to distract the little girl.  Aria, who was also stretching her arms out toward her mother, gave a puzzled look as she caught Seika's mood.  "Ika!" she said, her mis-matched eyes wide.  "Don't be sad!"

Archangel felt like crying herself when she saw her daughter's tears, but she knew that wouldn't help matters. "If Daddy came with me, there would be no one here to look after you or Aria or the ship," she patiently reminded the little girl. "But you shouldn't have to worry for a while. They're not going to send me away again any time soon."

She reached out to hug Seika, wanting to reassure the little girl, but rerouted for the bin as her stomach decided to force what little she had eaten to make an encore appearance.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 8:39 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel felt like crying herself when she saw her daughter's tears, but she knew that wouldn't help matters.  "If Daddy came with me, there would be no one here to look after you or Aria or the ship," she patiently reminded the little girl.  "But you shouldn't have to worry for a while.  They're not going to send me away again any time soon."

She reached out to hug Seika, wanting to reassure the little girl, but rerouted for the bin as her stomach decided to force what little she had eaten to make an encore appearance.

"Oh. That makes sense," Seika answered, nodding authoritatively. She didn't seem much taken aback by her mother's sudden lunge for the waste bin, but Aria's already-rising sense of disquiet was agitated by her mother throwing up. She let out a piteous cry, with fat, hot tears pouring down her reddened cheeks. "I don't want mommy to be sick!" she sniffled, as Gabriel bounced her and made pacifying noises.

Seika, for her part, cocked her head and gave her mother a considering look, one that seemed to be weighing all the facts and putting pieces together. Perhaps she was old enough now to know that people just didn't get 'sick' like this in the 24th century. Perhaps she wondered why her mother didn't go to Uncle Henriks for a hypospray to feel better.

Perhaps.

"Okay, let's let your mama rest," Gabriel said, scooping up both girls. It required considerably more effort than it used to. Same could be said about a lot of things , he thought, ushering the children out of the room. It took quite a while to calm Aria down and to get them situated with something to occupy their little minds and hands (and the holositter), but he eventually made his way back into the bedroom. "Maybe just...maybe just the tea, then," he said, smiling weakly.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 10, 2015 3:48 pm

The sounds of Aria's wails went straight through Archangel's heart with the precision and force of Sovereign wielding a stake. She wanted to reach out to her youngest, to cuddle the little blond-haired girl and reassure her that everything was going to be ok, but Gabriel wisely whisked the pair of them away and out of the bedroom before she could react.

She lay back on the pillows for a moment, closing her eyes and trying to swallow her own tears of despair. How could she have let it go this far, that now she was even scaring her children?

Putting a lid on the self-pity, she reached out as far as she could, trying to get to the cane that was resting against the bulkhead, out of arm's reach. Unfortunately, that wasn't about to deter a determined Romulan. She had to get up, go and see her girls and show them that she was ok, put their young minds at rest that their mother was still strong enough to look after them.

She had almost managed to snag it when the door slid open again, causing her to jump and slither the rest of the way out of bed with a muffled cry.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 11, 2015 11:39 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
The sounds of Aria's wails went straight through Archangel's heart with the precision and force of Sovereign wielding a stake.  She wanted to reach out to her youngest, to cuddle the little blond-haired girl and reassure her that everything was going to be ok, but Gabriel wisely whisked the pair of them away and out of the bedroom before she could react.

She lay back on the pillows for a moment, closing her eyes and trying to swallow her own tears of despair.  How could she have let it go this far, that now she was even scaring her children?  

Putting a lid on the self-pity, she reached out as far as she could, trying to get to the cane that was resting against the bulkhead, out of arm's reach.  Unfortunately, that wasn't about to deter a determined Romulan.  She had to get up, go and see her girls and show them that she was ok, put their young minds at rest that their mother was still strong enough to look after them.

She had almost managed to snag it when the door slid open again, causing her to jump and slither the rest of the way out of bed with a muffled cry.

As soon as he saw her falling, Gabriel sprang into action, crossing the small bedroom in a handful of steps. "Dammit," he said, his voice a mixture of concern and pure exasperation. Kneeling down, Gabriel supported Archangel with her arm over his shoulder. "Okay, easy, Angel, easy...let's get you back into bed."

It wasn't much effort to get her re-situated in the bed. Although his wife was nearly as tall as he was, she weighed much less. "Just lie still!" he said, the weight of everything seeming to crash in on him at once. Perhaps it was the hearbreaking sound of their daughters crying that had done it. Perhaps it was...well, anything else. It wasn't hard to find terrible things in their life, even when there was so much good. "For god's sake, Arch! You just prolong the suffering when you act so damn bull-headed about your own health!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]   Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let This Be the Beginning of the End [Archangel/Gabriel]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next