Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] Empty
PostSubject: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2015 2:58 pm

[Admiral Deacon's Office]

Despite the fact that her shift had officially ended several hours ago, Rachel was still in her office, still going through the massive pile of paperwork that had a tendency to accumulate on any senior officer's desk. Setting aside the PADD she had been reading, she unclipped her VISOR and pinched the bridge of her nose, trying unsuccessfully to alleviate the headache that always developed with the device, and now more than most. A part of the implants that the VISOR required to function was starting to degrade with use. She had signalled the need for a replacement part to Starfleet, but due to the fact that VISORs were no longer in standard use, they were slow in coming through with it. Unfortunately, she didn't know how much longer she could put up with the increased headaches.

There was only one thing to do.

"Deacon to Rama, would you come up to my office please?" she called out after asking the computer to open a comm channel."

Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 3:32 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Despite the fact that her shift had officially ended several hours ago, Rachel was still in her office, still going through the massive pile of paperwork that had a tendency to accumulate on any senior officer's desk.  Setting aside the PADD she had been reading, she unclipped her VISOR and pinched the bridge of her nose, trying unsuccessfully to alleviate the headache that always developed with the device, and now more than most.  A part of the implants that the VISOR required to function was starting to degrade with use.  She had signalled the need for a replacement part to Starfleet, but due to the fact that VISORs were no longer in standard use, they were slow in coming through with it.  Unfortunately, she didn't know how much longer she could put up with the increased headaches.

There was only one thing to do.

[Rama's Place]

The bar had been quite busy and it was still early in the evening. The sounds from the dabbo tables filled Rama with joy. Several customers surrounded the wheel all placing wagers. Every laugh from his guests seemed to be a strip of latinum in his pocket. The waiters were all bustling about while Rama worked behind the bar loading their trays. He heard a signal coming from his console. He made his way over to the console and tapped a few buttons to open the channel.

Rachel Deacon wrote:
"Deacon to Rama, would you come up to my office please?" she called out after asking the computer to open a comm channel."

"Acknowledged. I'll be there as soon as I can. Its quite busy down here.

The Ferengi turned to his head waiter and loaded several dirks onto his tray. "I told you she wanted me Brell." He squirted a freshener in his mouth and ran his hands along the lapels of his outfits to smooth out any wrinkles. "How do I look Brell?" Rama asked. As the waiter began to speak Rama gestured dismissively. "Never mind. You're in charge Brell. And don't screw it up!" Rama's eyes seemed to twinkle with joy. "I must be off. I have a date with destiny." With a grin that seemed to extend the length of his face her moved out the front entrance of the bar.

Rama glanced down at his suit one last time before entering the office. You look good today! He placated himself. He entered the office and leaned on the frame of the door. "You asked to see me?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 5:55 am

Rama wrote:

Rama glanced down at his suit one last time before entering the office. You look good today! He placated himself. He entered the office and leaned on the frame of the door. "You asked to see me?"

Without her VISOR on, Rachel relied on her sense of hearing to tell her who and where a person was. She didn't bother to look up from where she had her head in her hands, knowing that the only reason she looked in the direction of a person who was talking to her under normal circumstances was because it was the polite thing to do.

"Rama, thank you for being prompt," she said tiredly, gesturing to the chair in front of her desk. "I... need you help getting something." The words sounded reluctant, as if she wished that she didn't have to go through the large-lobed humanoid to procure whatever it was that she needed.
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 2:45 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Without her VISOR on, Rachel relied on her sense of hearing to tell her who and where a person was.  She didn't bother to look up from where she had her head in her hands, knowing that the only reason she looked in the direction of a person who was talking to her under normal circumstances was because it was the polite thing to do.

"Rama, thank you for being prompt," she said tiredly, gesturing to the chair in front of her desk.  "I... need you help getting something."  The words sounded reluctant, as if she wished that she didn't have to go through the large-lobed humanoid to procure whatever it was that she needed.

Rama noticed that the admiral was without her visor. He moved from the doorframe and stepped towards the desk. Hmm interesting. Rama thought. She seemed to take issue with his business practices only days ago now she is looking for his help. "Well whatever it is Admiral. I'm sure I have a 'guy' for it."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Rama wrote:
Rama noticed that the admiral was without her visor. He moved from the doorframe and stepped towards the desk. Hmm interesting. Rama thought. She seemed to take issue with his business practices only days ago now she is looking for his help. "Well whatever it is Admiral. I'm sure I have a 'guy' for it."

It took quite a bit not to look up sharply as she heard Rama moving closer to her desk.  She had to remember that the Ferengi didn't have the same experience as her senior officers in how to deal with a blind commander.

It really galled her to have to rely on this Ferengi to do something that Starfleet was supposed to be able to provide her, but she simply couldn't wait more than a month to receive it.

"I need a replacement part for my VISOR, but Starfleet estimated more than a month to ship the part out here."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 3:56 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

It took quite a bit not to look up sharply as she heard Rama moving closer to her desk.  She had to remember that the Ferengi didn't have the same experience as her senior officers in how to deal with a blind commander.

It really galled her to have to rely on this Ferengi to do something that Starfleet was supposed to be able to provide her, but she simply couldn't wait more than a month to receive it.

"I need a replacement part for my VISOR, but Starfleet estimated more than a month to ship the part out here."

Rama stepped to the desk and picked up her visor. He reached for a magnifying lenses that he kept in his breast pocket. "Let's take a look at this." He began to examine the visor. "Is it this visual capacitor node? This one looks burnt out?"
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2015 5:28 pm

Rama wrote:
Rama stepped to the desk and picked up her visor. He reached for a magnifying lenses that he kept in his breast pocket. "Let's take a look at this." He began to examine the visor. "Is it this visual capacitor node? This one looks burnt out?"

Rachel nodded curtly at the Ferengi's diagnostic of her VISOR. He had part of it right with only a glance, as far as she could tell. That boded well for him being able to secure the correct replacement parts.

"The visual capacitor node and one of the platinum connectors in my implant," she replied, gesturing to one of the blinking nodes on the side of her head. "Normally, I'd wait for Starfleet to ship the replacement elements out, but I can't deal with the headaches for that long."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 12:36 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel nodded curtly at the Ferengi's diagnostic of her VISOR.  He had part of it right with only a glance, as far as she could tell.  That boded well for him being able to secure the correct replacement parts.  

"The visual capacitor node and one of the platinum connectors in my implant," she replied, gesturing to one of the blinking nodes on the side of her head.  "Normally, I'd wait for Starfleet to ship the replacement elements out, but I can't deal with the headaches for that long."

Rama continued to examine the device as he though through his resources. "This is going to be tricky Rachel. It will probably run you 3 or 4 bars of gold pressed latinum and it will take me a few days to locate a source. This technology isn't easy to come by since the new implants came onto the market." Rama paused as he decided if it was appropriate to mention his fee but he didn't want to risk hiding costs from the admiral. "And of course there is my finders fee. Twenty percent is customary."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2015 8:12 am

Rama wrote:
Rama continued to examine the device as he though through his resources. "This is going to be tricky Rachel. It will probably run you 3 or 4 bars of gold pressed latinum and it will take me a few days to locate a source. This technology isn't easy to come by since the new implants came onto the market." Rama paused as he decided if it was appropriate to mention his fee but he didn't want to risk hiding costs from the admiral. "And of course there is my finders fee. Twenty percent is customary."

Rachel waved a hand dismissively as Rama warned her about the price. Starfleet officers did get something of a salary, yet had nothing to spend it on since everything in the Federation was given rather than bought. She had quite a sum built up.

"I'm aware that it's going to be difficult to procure the parts, but your species has a reputation for finding the unfindable for the right price, and that's what I'm counting on."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 1:30 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel waved a hand dismissively as Rama warned her about the price.  Starfleet officers did get something of a salary, yet had nothing to spend it on since everything in the Federation was given rather than bought.  She had quite a sum built up.

"I'm aware that it's going to be difficult to procure the parts, but your species has a reputation for finding the unfindable for the right price, and that's what I'm counting on."

Rama smiled. "That we do Rachel. If you need it or desire it leave it to a Ferengi to find it! But I must warn you. You Starfleet types have this terrible habit of asking questions. You Hew-Mons and your ideals." Rama waved dismissively. "Rachel if I do this for you you must agree not to ask too many questions. Just smile and be happy. Don't ask where it came from. Don't I ask who I procured it from. Everyone always wants to know where the seller gets the merchandise. I'm warning you. You likely won't care for the answer." Rama place his hand below his mouth as his brain swirled with thought. "Speaking of those hard to find items..." The ferengi leaned in. "I have recently acquired a rather .... interesting ... new holosuite program. I think you may find it, how should I say, exciting."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 9:16 am

Rama wrote:
Rama smiled. "That we do Rachel. If you need it or desire it leave it to a Ferengi to find it! But I must warn you. You Starfleet types have this terrible habit of asking questions. You Hew-Mons and your ideals." Rama waved dismissively. "Rachel if I do this for you you must agree not to ask too many questions. Just smile and be happy. Don't ask where it came from. Don't I ask who I procured it from. Everyone always wants to know where the seller gets the merchandise. I'm warning you. You likely won't care for the answer." Rama place his hand below his mouth as his brain swirled with thought. "Speaking of those hard to find items..." The ferengi leaned in. "I have recently acquired a rather .... interesting ... new holosuite program. I think you may find it, how should I say, exciting."

Once again, Rachel waved a hand dismissively, rubbing her temple with the other. "Mr Rama, right now, as long as the part is correct, functional and not stolen from someone who needs it for their own VISOR, I really don't care where it comes from."

The mention of a holodeck program that she might enjoy prompted a raised eyebrow from the Admiral. She snorted mirthlessly, shaking her head. "I think you'll find that I don't use the holodecks for anything other than training, Mr Rama. I find that my job provides all the excitement that I need."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 2:26 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Once again, Rachel waved a hand dismissively, rubbing her temple with the other.  "Mr Rama, right now, as long as the part is correct, functional and not stolen from someone who needs it for their own VISOR, I really don't care where it comes from."

The mention of a holodeck program that she might enjoy prompted a raised eyebrow from the Admiral.  She snorted mirthlessly, shaking her head.  "I think you'll find that I don't use the holodecks for anything other than training, Mr Rama.  I find that my job provides all the excitement that I need."

"Understood ma'am." Rama was surprised by the Admirals sudden attitude towards rules. "I will need payment up front. I am but a humble barkeep and I can't spare the money."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 2:40 pm

Rama wrote:
"Understood ma'am." Rama was surprised by the Admirals sudden attitude towards rules. "I will need payment up front. I am but a humble barkeep and I can't spare the money."

Rachel gave a curt nod. She hadn't expected any different. She was, after all, dealing with a Ferengi. She reached out, her hand brushing over the surface of her desk until she located her VISOR, picking up the device and clipping it into place. A lot of effort went in to trying to suppress the shudder of pain she experienced. The parts were definitely wearing out and in desperate need of replacement.

Reaching down to a section of her desk, she pressed a near-invisible switch, allowing it to read her fingerprints. A small drawer slid out and she reached inside before straightening up. She placed three bars of latinum on the desk, close to Rama.

"Three bars. Any extra you need, and your 'finder's fee', will be paid after you procure what I'm after."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2015 11:59 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel gave a curt nod.  She hadn't expected any different.  She was, after all, dealing with a Ferengi.  She reached out, her hand brushing over the surface of her desk until she located her VISOR, picking up the device and clipping it into place.  A lot of effort went in to trying to suppress the shudder of pain she experienced.  The parts were definitely wearing out and in desperate need of replacement.

Reaching down to a section of her desk, she pressed a near-invisible switch, allowing it to read her fingerprints.  A small drawer slid out and she reached inside before straightening up.  She placed three bars of latinum on the desk, close to Rama.

"Three bars.  Any extra you need, and your 'finder's fee', will be paid after you procure what I'm after."

Rama placed both of his hands together and gave a slight bow. "Of course Rachel." The Ferengi picked up the latinum and gazed for a moment. He quickly realized he was gawking and placed the money in his breast pocket and gave it a few pats to endure it was secure. He turned to leave and as he approached the door he had one last thought. "Oh and Admiral. Please tell you security officers to keep their distance for a couple of days. No need to monitor my communiqué. You may learn something that you don't care to know." He raised a finger in an effort to exemplify his point.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 5:35 am

Rama wrote:
Rama placed both of his hands together and gave a slight bow. "Of course Rachel." The Ferengi picked up the latinum and gazed for a moment. He quickly realized he was gawking and placed the money in his breast pocket and gave it a few pats to endure it was secure. He turned to leave and as he approached the door he had one last thought. "Oh and Admiral. Please tell you security officers to keep their distance for a couple of days. No need to monitor my communiqué. You may learn something that you don't care to know." He raised a finger in an effort to exemplify his point.

It was just as well that Rachel had pulled off her VISOR again and didn't see the finger raised at her. She most likely would not have taken kindly to that kind of gesture from any kind of subordinate.

The Admiral sat back in her chair, rubbing her temples in an effort to alleviate the headache building beneath her implants. The sooner she got those parts, the better. "My security staff have far larger problems to deal with than monitoring your activities, Mr Rama. They'll only intervene if there are any gross transgressions of regulation and protocol. I don't expect that you will be doing anything to tip them off for this particular transaction."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 11:44 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

It was just as well that Rachel had pulled off her VISOR again and didn't see the finger raised at her.  She most likely would not have taken kindly to that kind of gesture from any kind of subordinate.  

The Admiral sat back in her chair, rubbing her temples in an effort to alleviate the headache building beneath her implants.  The sooner she got those parts, the better.  "My security staff have far larger problems to deal with than monitoring your activities, Mr Rama.  They'll only intervene if there are any gross transgressions of regulation and protocol.  I don't expect that you will be doing anything to tip them off for this particular transaction."

Rama contemplated his newfound freedom. He wondered how he could work this out for some significant profit. A couple of days without that Hologram popping by to check up on him. "Thank you Admiral. I'll get to work at once."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 15, 2015 5:38 am

Rama wrote:
Rama contemplated his newfound freedom. He wondered how he could work this out for some significant profit. A couple of days without that Hologram popping by to check up on him. "Thank you Admiral. I'll get to work at once."

Rachel nodded curtly to the Ferengi and turned back to the mountain of paperwork that she still had to do. "See that you do, Mr Rama," she stated blandly, tapping a command on her computer console for it to start reading out the next report to her, signalling without a shadow of a doubt that the meeting was over and he was dismissed.
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 9:11 am

Rama made his way back to the bar. Brell greeted him upon his arrival and Rama waved dismissively barely acknowledging his presence as his mind raced with possibilities. Rama was certain he could easily get the part but he wanted to take the opportunity to make profit while security was not on him. He quickly proceeded to his communication console to he knew his cousin Frelk could get the part he needed but he was hoping he could get him more. Earlier in the week a Tellararite had approached him. The Tellarite was looking to adorn his quarters with some Aldanian crystals. It was an illegal but highly profitable transaction.

Rama sat at the communications console and tapped a few commands into the control panel. A Ferengi face instantly appeared on the screen. "Frelk! My cousin!" Rama began. A smile appeared on Frelks face. "Cousin! What can I do for you?" Well first off I need a part for an old Starfleet visor. I need a visual capacitor node." Frelk quickly scanned his inventory. "I think I have something here that should work. The Hew-Mons gave me some old medical equipment in exchange for some information on some Klingon criminals. I could let it go for ... lets say two bars?" Frelk laughed knowing the Humans sold the equipment fir far too little. Rama let out a parallel laugh. "Hew-Mons! They don't have the lobes. That price sounds good." Rama knew that he had overcharged the Admiral. "There is one other thing Frelk." Rama leaned in closer to the communications panel. "I have client looking for 4 Aldanian crystals. Do you think you can help me?" Frelk scratched his lobes and spent a moment pondering. "I think I can help you cousin. But it will cost you. 112 bars?" Rama smiled. "Perhaps Seventy-Five bars would be more reasonable cousin?" Frelk balked at the offer. "Okay okay! 85 bars but not a slip more." Rama countered. Frelk let out a smile. "We have a deal cousin. There is an Andorian transport departing for your station. I will load it onto that convoy and mark it for your delivery. It should arrive tomorrow." Rama nodded in agreement with his cousin and terminated the transmission.

The following day...

Rama made his way to the airlock where the Andorian ship would be docking. He found himself apprehensive that the Andorians would discover the real cargo. He made it to the airlock where he paced awaiting the door to open. When it finally did open he entered the airlock and stood face to face with an Andorian who was much taller then he was. The Andorian pointed his antenna towards him and seemed to be frustrated. "You must be Rama." The Andorian blurted out. "Yes sir. I am." The Andorian handed Rama a small unassuming package and retreated back into his ship without another word. "Thank you." Rama said sarcastically as the Andorian walked away.

Rama quickly made his way to his quarters where he removed the crystals. Then he removed the part form the package and headed directly for the Admiral's office. Rama made his way through ops and to the Admiral's office. He smoothed out his lapels and took a deep breathe and rang the door chime.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 10:12 am

The door into Admiral Deacon's office slid open and a blue-shirted officer stuck his head out. The points on his collar ranked him as a Lieutenant Commander, but the expression of disapproval on his face confirmed that fact. Only senior medical officers seemed to be able to cultivate that expression that suggested that they wished that the visitor would kindly take his muddy boots out of their nice, clean ward, thank you very much, and not return until official visiting hours were open.

"If you'd like to see the Admiral, you're going to have to wait, I'm afraid."
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 11:17 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:
The door into Admiral Deacon's office slid open and a blue-shirted officer stuck his head out.  The points on his collar ranked him as a Lieutenant Commander, but the expression of disapproval on his face confirmed that fact.  Only senior medical officers seemed to be able to cultivate that expression that suggested that they wished that the visitor would kindly take his muddy boots out of their nice, clean ward, thank you very much, and not return until official visiting hours were open.

"If you'd like to see the Admiral, you're going to have to wait, I'm afraid."

Rama glared at the medical officer prohibiting his entrance. "Well." Rama inspected hid collar. "Commander. I am certain that the Admiral would wish to see me. I have a part she needs for her visor. I think I can be of assistance."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2015 2:28 pm

Rama wrote:
Rama glared at the medical officer prohibiting his entrance. "Well." Rama inspected hid collar. "Commander. I am certain that the Admiral would wish to see me. I have a part she needs for her visor. I think I can be of assistance."

The medical officer looked down his nose at the Ferengi. Without another word, he withdrew his head, letting the doors close with Rama still on the outside. A moment later, they opened fully, with the officer grudgingly standing aside as an invitation for him to enter.

The Admiral was lying on the couch in her office, a monitoring device flashing on her temple as she stared unseeingly up at the ceiling. Her VISOR sat on the low table next to her.

"Rama? Did you manage to acquire the pieces I asked you to get?"
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:48 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

The medical officer looked down his nose at the Ferengi.  Without another word, he withdrew his head, letting the doors close with Rama still on the outside.  A moment later, they opened fully, with the officer grudgingly standing aside as an invitation for him to enter.

The Admiral was lying on the couch in her office, a monitoring device flashing on her temple as she stared unseeingly up at the ceiling.  Her VISOR sat on the low table next to her.

"Rama?  Did you manage to acquire the pieces I asked you to get?"

Rama smiled as he passed the medical officer and entered the Admiral's office. That's right... a Ferengi! The admiral wishes to see a Ferengi. He thought as her saw the judgment from the officer.

As Rama approached the couch the admiral was lying on he began to understand the severity of Rachel's condition. "Yes admiral. I was successful in locating the part you need." Rama passed the box to the less-then-thrilled medical officer. "I just gave the device to the doctor."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 6:25 am

Rama wrote:
Rama smiled as he passed the medical officer and entered the Admiral's office. That's right... a Ferengi! The admiral wishes to see a Ferengi. He thought as her saw the judgment from the officer.  

As Rama approached the couch the admiral was lying on he began to understand the severity of Rachel's condition. "Yes admiral. I was successful in locating the part you need." Rama passed the box to the less-then-thrilled medical officer. "I just gave the device to the doctor."

The medical officer took the box, setting it down on the Admiral's desk along with the rest of his tools and opened it, taking out the two parts that Rachel had been desperate for.  They was tiny, unassuming, but vital.  He separated each into two pieces with a quiet 'click', setting one piece aside from each and placing the others on the low table next to the Admiral.  They seemed minute, easily lost, less than a third of the size of the smallest fingernail.  Rachel blinked and grimaced as a hypo was touched to her temple, but soon relaxed again.  With a small nod to himself, the medical officer went in with a thin, needle like instrument, poking at the flashing implants at her temples.  Each yielded a tiny piece, the same size as the replacements, but burnt and corroded.  The medical officer pulled them out the rest of the way with a pair of tweezers, gleaning an almost-audible sigh of relief from Rachel, holding one up to the light.

"If this had stayed in much longer, Admiral, it could have had severe consequences on the rest of your implants," he warned her.

"I'm aware of that," came a grumbled reply.  Deciding not to antagonise Rachel any further, the medical officer quickly put in the replacement parts and tidied away his tools, keeping an eye on his patient as she sat up slowly, tilting her head slightly from side to side, hesitant as if she was expecting pain.

"Thank you, Rama," she said, looking up in approximately where she thought he would be standing.
Back to top Go down
Rama

Rama

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:12 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

The medical officer took the box, setting it down on the Admiral's desk along with the rest of his tools and opened it, taking out the two parts that Rachel had been desperate for.  They was tiny, unassuming, but vital.  He separated each into two pieces with a quiet 'click', setting one piece aside from each and placing the others on the low table next to the Admiral.  They seemed minute, easily lost, less than a third of the size of the smallest fingernail.  Rachel blinked and grimaced as a hypo was touched to her temple, but soon relaxed again.  With a small nod to himself, the medical officer went in with a thin, needle like instrument, poking at the flashing implants at her temples.  Each yielded a tiny piece, the same size as the replacements, but burnt and corroded.  The medical officer pulled them out the rest of the way with a pair of tweezers, gleaning an almost-audible sigh of relief from Rachel, holding one up to the light.

"If this had stayed in much longer, Admiral, it could have had severe consequences on the rest of your implants," he warned her.

"I'm aware of that," came a grumbled reply.  Deciding not to antagonise Rachel any further, the medical officer quickly put in the replacement parts and tidied away his tools, keeping an eye on his patient as she sat up slowly, tilting her head slightly from side to side, hesitant as if she was expecting pain.

"Thank you, Rama," she said, looking up in approximately where she thought he would be standing.

Rama smiled. "You are very welcome Admiral. I'm happy to help." The smile was genuine. He was happy to see the Admiral feeling well. But the smile was more for the profit those crystals would earn him. He was counting the latinum in his head. He would earn 200 bars at minimum with such a modest investment. "It always a pleasure to do business with you ma'am. And may I compliment how radiant you are looking today."
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2015 12:34 pm

Rama wrote:
Rama smiled. "You are very welcome Admiral. I'm happy to help." The smile was genuine. He was happy to see the Admiral feeling well. But the smile was more for the profit those crystals would earn him. He was counting the latinum in his head. He would earn 200 bars at minimum with such a modest investment. "It always a pleasure to do business with you ma'am. And may I compliment how radiant you are looking today."

Rachel cast a flat glare in the direction of the Ferengi's voice as the medical officer scanned her again with his tricorder, apparently making sure that there was no rejection of the new parts. She waved him off, feeling on the low table for her VISOR.

"Take this down to Engineering with the other part of the replacement. Get them to make the necessary adjustements," she said, handing the device out to the medical officer. He glared at Rama as he slunk out of the office, medkit slung over his shoulder. The Admiral's attention then turned to the Ferengi. "Tell me, Rama, if I had my security teams examine your communications and dealings required to obtain these parts, how much illegality would they find?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]   Off the Record [Deacon/Rama] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Off the Record [Deacon/Rama]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next