Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Help Files: Promotions and how to get one

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one Empty
PostSubject: Help Files: Promotions and how to get one   Help Files:  Promotions and how to get one I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2014 5:56 pm

Promotions and how to get one

I would like to make one thing very clear from the start:  Promotions are not automatic.  Just because you fill all the requirements does not mean that you will be granted the promotion out of the blue.  Another rank point has to be earned. Please note that, when looking in to promoting officers or enlisted personnel, only the missions are really looked at! You can be active all you like in OOC boards or the shore leave threads, but you need to participate in missions if you want to be promoted!

But don't worry, it's not difficult to earn one!

So, here's a breakdown of the ranks and what's expected of you at each one.

ENSIGN/Crewman levels

Stay active!  You're new here, so just sit back and enjoy yourself.  If you want to help out, go ahead.

LIEUTENANT JUNIOR GRADE/Petty Officer 3

Stay active and start to take an interest in your ship, welcoming the newcomers and helping them to find their way around such like.

LIEUTENANT/Petty Officer 2

At this point, you're no longer a junior officer, but not quite a senior officer.  Try looking into submitting some mission ideas if you can think of them!

LIEUTENANT COMMANDER/Petty Officer 1

Now you're a senior officer!  When you've reached this point, you should be starting to liase a lot with your command officers since you're almost certainly a department head.

COMMANDER/ Chief Petty Officer

There are only three people who can hold this rank: the commanding officer of a ship, the first officer of a ship and the Chief Medical Officer.

CAPTAIN

The rank of captain will only become available should a new ship open or a current captain either retire or be promoted.

Captaincies will be awarded on MERIT and INTERVIEW.  

The requirements for promotions may be subject to change, so watch this space!
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org

Help Files: Promotions and how to get one
Page 1 of 1