Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission

Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 10:27 am

Chira nodded her thanks as dessert was laid out on the table. It looked fantastic - berries and cream. She wondered if it was just the usual, or if it was some kind of specific traditional dessert to this region. Whatever it was, it was fantastic, and she said as much.

Popping a berry in her mouth, Chira chewed, smiling coyly at Henriks. "So. When do we get to the part of meeting your family that the embarrassing childhood holophotos are brought out?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 10, 2014 1:40 pm

The berries were scattered atop the cream as the bowl was handed to Henriks, but the moment he set it down, he stuck in a spoon to stir it all together. And so the cream turned into a mash of colors from all the berries combining with the white. He was just about to stick a spoonful of it into his mouth when she gave him that coy smile of hers.

Both the twins went red simultaneously. "Skrien?" Pauls asked his brother, wanting to know if they should run.

“Nē, brālis,” Henriks returned with a nervous chuckle. She'd see them at some point anyways. There was hardly a picture of Henriks that Pauls wasn't in. They'd practically been joined to the hip growing up. Even now, they sat side by side. But there were also many pictures where two would become three, but Henriks didn't want to think about that now.

He was snapped out of these thoughts by his mother's voice. “Let us finish our dessert first and then move to the family room where we will be more comfortable,” Māte suggested.

“'Cause there's lots of funny pictures,” Māra giggled.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 7:23 am

Finishing up her dessert, Chira couldn't help but enjoy the smile that seemed attached to her face.  There was an easy comfort about Henriks, especially around his family.  It was not at all unlike the way her own family interacted with each other.  Barring Garen, of course.  She wondered if there were black sheep in the Abols family, too.

"If you want," she said, lightly resting her hand on his leg, "I'll even give you the chance to edit out the more offensive ones."  It seemed like every family had naked baby shots of their children - in the tub, sitting on their little baby toilet, smeared in pasta sauce.  Chira grinned happily at Henriks, thinking about how terribly her brother was going to embarrass Seika or Aria the first time they brought a date home.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2014 12:33 pm

Henriks had finished his dessert, liking his spoon off to lay it down upon the table. Still, a little of the cream remained, so he dipped in his finger so as to lightly dot his lovely lady on the cheek. "Perfect," he declared with a grin.

He liked the warmth and feel of her hand on his thigh. And he would've let out a sigh of contentment, but he could feel himself going red instead. Seeing Pauls do the same made him burst out laughing. "I think the pictures will be fine as they are."

Seeing that everyone had finished, Māte began to collect the bowls, but Juris rose, saying, "I'll take care of the dishes, Māte."

Māte nodded her head, smiling at her eldest child. "Paldies." Then to the rest, "Shall we continue to the family room?"
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 6:53 pm

"Um," Chira said, laughing musically as her fiancee put a dollop of cream on her face. Shaking her head, she cleaned it off. Had they not been in mixed company, and in front of his mother, no less, she would have teased him until he licked if off her face. And then they probably would have made out to an inappropriate degree.

However, there was a time and a place, so she just chuckled. "Yes ma'am," she answered Mate, standing with Henriks' hand in hers. "Is this the part with the embarrassing photos?" she asked him, eyes wide with playfully-false innocence.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 02, 2014 8:42 pm

Māte nodded with a simple smile, while Māra burst into another fit of giggles. She loved to make fun of her older brothers, all three of them. Henriks laughed. "Careful, māsa. You're bound to be in a few of them yourself." His sister just shrugged and plopped herself down into her favorite chair, then smoothed out her skirt. "Come, m'lady," he said to Chira. "I believe that seat is calling to you." He grinned, almost poking his tongue out at her.

Once everyone was seated, Māte began to show the photos. More often than not, Henriks and Pauls appeared together. "That's the best one!" Juris bellowed merrily, returning from the kitchen. "Such funny little tykes." The photo showed three year old twins dashing out into the snow in naught but their birthday suits. "Yeah," said Pauls sarcastically. "Juris told us it would be a really good idea. He never told us how cold the snow would be."
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2014 7:05 am

Chira had to laugh as they all got settled in to the room. The interaction, along with all the good-natured teasing that went with it, reminded her of her own family...especially in the earlier years of her childhood, when her brother, Garen, was around more. She and Garen had been closer in age, and had sibling-fought mercilessly, but once Gabriel arrived, they could turn their attention to pestering him. Not that he didn't do quite a bit of pestering on his own, and the two boys would often team up and torment her.

It had all been in fun, though...and she wouldn't trade a moment of her childhood for anything. Chira's eyebrow raised at the sight of the two toddlers running through the snow, naked. "Abols," she teased, "is this your way of telling me you'd like to honeymoon on Andoria?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 12:02 pm

Henriks gave a nervous smile, accompanied by a laugh. "Andoria would certainly be an interesting place to go and much preferable to some sort of scorching desert," he grinned, "but it may be a little cold for us pinkskins." But really, he didn't care where they went, just who he was with. All he required was his lovely lady, and he was sure she knew that.

Māra, who was beginning to get restless, began whizzing through more of the pictures.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 8:14 pm

"Alright," Chira said, winking. "We'll rule Andoria out, for now. I guess we'll forego adding Vulcan to the list. Though," she grinned, "I guess sitting in the heat and gazing at our navels and eating vegan for a few days sounds just like a blaaaast."

A few more pictures flew by as Mara moved through them. "Oh!" Chira exclaimed, pointing to one in particular. "Apple, is that you eating spaghetti? Or are you wearing it? I swear, feeding babies pasta always seems like a great idea at the time," she said, winking at Henriks' mother. She leaned closer to her fiancee. "Just imagine...when we have a baby of our own, we can have them smear pasta sauce all over our quarters and themselves.

Chira suddenly realized that she and Henriks had never really talked about having children before, at least, not in a serious manner. She assumed that he'd want at least one, but...still. Something to think about. For now, she just wanted to gauge his reaction.
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2014 9:28 pm

Henriks was glad Vulcan was out of the equation. Vegan eating he didn't mind, but the heat... the only thing that would come of visiting such a hot climate would be a roasted apple. He watched as his sister continued to flip through family pictures. As predicted, there were a few, candid, pictures of her, which she instantly whizzed past.

He burst into a fit of laughter, having to place a hand on his stomach to catch his breath. Māra had stopped on a picture of him and Pauls with spaghetti in their hair and all over them. It showed Henriks trying paint his brother's face with sauce. "I'd say a little bit of both," he mused with smile. "Kids do the darndest things and are sometimes quite brilliant. Wearing and eating the food is a genius idea."

Something Chira had said made him pause. When we have a baby of our own. His words caught in his throat, so he simply smiled and kissed his lovely lady's hand. "When we have a baby of our own," he echoed. What a wonderful child they would be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]   Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good 'Ole Summer Time [Open to All]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2