Aurora Fleet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current Year: 2379

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Latest topics
» *poking the fleet part deux*
Bells of October I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Thu Jul 15, 2021 12:57 pm

» Isn't this a fine kettle of fish?
Bells of October I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:36 am

» *pokes the fleet*
Bells of October I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:23 am

» Hrafn is back (sort of)
Bells of October I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:00 pm

» Merger
Bells of October I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Fri May 06, 2016 7:04 pm

» Uninvited Guests [Zero / Leela]
Bells of October I_icon_minitimeby Zero Alpha Wed May 04, 2016 4:50 pm

» Seeing Clearly
Bells of October I_icon_minitimeby Archangel T'Koris Wed May 04, 2016 4:42 pm

» Season 2, Mission 2: Light the Way
Bells of October I_icon_minitimeby Elena Tarunt Tue May 03, 2016 10:37 pm

» FACECLAIMS
Bells of October I_icon_minitimeby Guest Tue May 03, 2016 12:24 pm

» Application:John Brown
Bells of October I_icon_minitimeby Julia Rellek Sat Apr 30, 2016 11:08 am

Affiliates

Bells of October

Go down 
+5
Gabriel Arthur
Archangel T'Koris
Chira Abols
Matthew Thompson
Henriks Ābols
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Completed Plot and Bio Page
Participated in the first mission
Founding Member

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 13, 2014 6:53 pm

[Riga, Latvia]

The chapel was so quiet, with a sense of snug peacefulness. Arches towered over him, running along the walls like the seams of a hat until they met high above his head. Henriks knelt before the statue, a simple woman carved out of wood, her hands clasped together in prayer. There was just something about her that made Henriks feel so calm. Perhaps it was the simplicity of her form, or the sturdiness of her stance, or perhaps it was the way she was always there to listen to his silent words without offering any in reply. Whatever it was, it was enough to draw Henriks to the little alcove whenever he visited home.

Henriks lit a candle, one in a long row that lay before the woman’s feet. The way the its shadow danced across them brought a smile to his face as he wiped a tear from his eye. He was going to be married soon, out in the nearby park in a few short hours.

There was nothing that could bring him more joy. And after two years of war, it was something sorely needed. And to be married on All Hallows Eve of all days seemed rather fitting. His younger sister had suggested the day, half as a joke, and the idea seemed to please his lovely lady. It pleased him greatly too. A fall wedding was a wonderful thing, but to him, it would be a way to honor those they had lost in the last couple years. His gran and cousin Markus were still fresh in his mind. While his gran had died in her sleep, his cousin had been blasted to bits right before his eyes. He missed them both sorely. If he had lost Chira too, what he would have done... she had made him feel whole again. She was his life, his heart, his soul.

With a sigh, Henriks pushed himself back onto his feet. He offered a short bow to the wooden statue before making his way past the empty pews and back onto the cobblestone street. He raised a hand to block the sharp light of the sun, which was high in the October sky. The air was crisp as the leaves that fell when the trees shed their summer coats, a gentle breeze ruffling through his hair. How great it felt to be alive. He couldn’t wait to see her again, to feel the touch of her skin against his, to gaze into her doe-brown eyes, to kiss her as he never had before. How wonderful life was with her in the world.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 3:30 am

Bells of October Image

[Riga, Latvia]

A shuttle descended from the sky onto the streets. As it landed the side door opened and Matthew stepped onto the cobblestone. The shuttle shot back into the sky disappearing. It was the first time he had been seen in public since he left Starfleet.

Matthews footsteps could be heard as he approached Henriks. "You know, this is the time I'm suppose to tell you 'There's still time to duck out'. But I'm not going to. I can't think of a better match." He quickly adjusted his tie and smiled to the man. "I'm very happy for you both."

Seeing him was as rare as seeing a unicorn at this point. He'd been traveling the stars as Nova again. Dangerous work, but he figured he wouldn't be allowed back on a federation vessel after he resigned. Either way; he was here now. "You know. The two of you were my best friends. It's been weird knowing that while I'm out there traveling our paths may never cross." Truthfully he was glad. His work was dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 8:45 am

[Abols Home - Latvia]

One hour to 'go time', Chira thought, facing the window of her guest bedroom.  The sun outside was high overhead, and it was shaping up to be an excellent day.  Really, the best kind of day you could hope for in October.  It seemed the city of Riga had little use for weather-control platforms, and tended to let come what may.  That reminded her of her own secondary hometown on Earth, back in Virginia.  The comparison thought made her smile.

Most of her family had already arrived, and she was sure she'd overheard her grandmother and Mate talking all morning about food.  Chira knew that it would be a little difficult for Anna to deal with the fact that she wouldn't be making everything, but...her grandmother deserved the break.  Besides, she was making enough sticky toffee pudding to stuff a starship.

"I feel nervous," Chira said, turning away from the window and smiling at Mara, who would soon be her new sister.  "Not because of the ceremony, but...he's so wonderful, y'know?  I just hope...I know he's got this image of who I am, and I hope I can live up to it."

She shrugged out of her thin terrycloth robe, dropping it on the floor and walking toward where her dress hung.  

Bells of October Dress_zps83e35600

It was a simple thing, and that was what had made Chira fall in love with the design.  She didn't want a long, flowing train or any of that other stuff.  Just a full color, one that went with the time of year.  The dress design was meant to evoke a toga - a nod to her Centauran heritage.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Command
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 1:42 pm

[Chapel, Riga, Latvia]

In a shimmer of blue light, a familiar shape appeared outside the chapel. Archangel pulled at the collar of her dress uniform, the feeling of having her neck in a sling all too present. But, her sister-in-law, a woman who had done a lot for her and Gabriel, had requested that Archangel perform the ceremony and she wasn't about to let her down. She scanned the street, and smiled slightly as she spotted the groom, limping over to him, her cane tapping on the cobbles.

"Greetings, Doctor," she said warmly. "How are you feeling?"
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 4:12 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

[Riga, Latvia]

Matthews footsteps could be heard as he approached Henriks. "You know, this is the time I'm supposed to tell you 'There's still time to duck out'. But I'm not going to. I can't think of a better match." He quickly adjusted his tie and smiled to the man. "I'm very happy for you both."

Seeing him was as rare as seeing a unicorn at this point. He'd been traveling the stars as Nova again. Dangerous work, but he figured he wouldn't be allowed back on a federation vessel after he resigned. Either way; he was here now. "You know. The two of you were my best friends. It's been weird knowing that while I'm out there traveling our paths may never cross." Truthfully he was glad. His work was dangerous.

[Chapel - Riga]

Henriks couldn’t help but smile at the sight of his old friend. It felt like it had been ages since Matt had left. “She...” he began, with a joyful but faraway sort of sigh. The ceremony was perhaps only an hour away, rapidly coming nearer and nearer with every passing second. He couldn’t, he wouldn’t duck out. She made life whole.

“It is good to see you again, my friend,” Henriks added at last. “I can’t tell you how much it means that you came. Even if we never see you again, which I sincerely hope is not the case, it is good to see you again, now.”

Archangel T'Koris wrote:
[Chapel, Riga, Latvia]

In a shimmer of blue light, a familiar shape appeared outside the chapel.  Archangel pulled at the collar of her dress uniform, the feeling of having her neck in a sling all too present.  But, her sister-in-law, a woman who had done a lot for her and Gabriel, had requested that Archangel perform the ceremony and she wasn't about to let her down.  She scanned the street, and smiled slightly as she spotted the groom, limping over to him, her cane tapping on the cobbles.  

"Greetings, Doctor," she said warmly.  "How are you feeling?"

Another person approached. He heard the sound of the cane before he saw her.
Having stepped out of the chapel, he was fully prepared to be bombarded by others, clamoring about the big day. But there was no clamoring from her, which was almost a little comforting in a way.

“Sveika,” Henriks replied with a slight smile. He didn’t know her well personally, but she would be family soon, albeit in a roundabout sort of way. “I don’t know. Nervous, excited, overjoyed... a bit of everything really.” He let off a nervous laugh. It felt a bit like all eyes were on him, a feeling he wasn’t accustomed to or fond of. “I hope you are doing well,” he added, with a quick glance to her cane. It wasn’t something he had intended to say and sort of just came out. “Doctor mode” wasn’t something he could really turn off, even if it was supposed to be his big day.

Chira Arthur wrote:
[Abols Home - Latvia]
"I feel nervous," Chira said, turning away from the window and smiling at Mara, who would soon be her new sister.  "Not because of the ceremony, but...he's so wonderful, y'know?  I just hope...I know he's got this image of who I am, and I hope I can live up to it."

She shrugged out of her thin terrycloth robe, dropping it on the floor and walking toward where her dress hung.  

Bells of October Dress_zps83e35600

It was a simple thing, and that was what had made Chira fall in love with the design.  She didn't want a long, flowing train or any of that other stuff.  Just a full color, one that went with the time of year.  The dress design was meant to evoke a toga - a nod to her Centauran heritage.

[Ābols Home]

Māra had plopped down into an armchair, her legs draped lazily over the side. Māte and Juris were busy baking up a storm in the kitchen with Chira's oma. Tēvs was making sure the music would be just right. And her twin brothers were both out and about, doing whatever it was that the groom and best man did before a wedding.

She smiled warmly and nodded to her sister to be. The thought of actually having a sister still filled her with excitement. “Henriks loves you very much,” she told Chira. “And from the way he talks about you, I doubt anything will ever change that. You will never be less than an angel to him.” Her brother was absolutely besotted with Chira, that much was clear, but it seemed to be a match made in Heaven. She prayed that he and Chira would lead long, happy lives together, and she was sure they would.

Māra's gaze followed Chira to the dress. “It's so beautiful,” she gasped, instinctively bringing a hand to her mouth. She rose, ready to help Chira into it if need be. After all, dresses could be rather difficult, which was why she usually just stuck to skirts. But Chira's wedding gown was just so dazzling.

“I should probably warn you,” she added with a sly grin, “that you may be 'kidnapped' by some of the neighbors. And then Henriks will have to ransom you back.” Māra giggled. “An old wedding tradition, quite a lot of fun usually.”
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 4:38 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Another person approached. He heard the sound of the cane before he saw her.
Having stepped out of the chapel, he was fully prepared to be bombarded by others, clamoring about the big day. But there was no clamoring from her, which was almost a little comforting in a way.

“Sveika,” Henriks replied with a slight smile. He didn’t know her well personally, but she would be family soon, albeit in a roundabout sort of way. “I don’t know. Nervous, excited, overjoyed... a bit of everything really.” He let off a nervous laugh. It felt a bit like all eyes were on him, a feeling he wasn’t accustomed to or fond of. “I hope you are doing well,” he added, with a quick glance to her cane. It wasn’t something he had intended to say and sort of just came out. “Doctor mode” wasn’t something he could really turn off, even if it was supposed to be his big day.

Archangel couldn't help but smile a little fondly as she thought about her own wedding, which hadn't been all that long ago. Henriks had been there as well as one of Gabriel's friends. She wasn't all that familiar with him, but he was going to become her brother-in-law through Chira, an uncle to her daughters.

It was a small galaxy after all.

"I'm sure that you'll be fine," she said in as much of a reassuring tone as she could. "I felt much the same way before I married Gabriel, but you're here already, your bride's getting dressed... Everything will work out as planned."

She noticed the glance down at the cane that she was using to take some of the weight off of her right leg and the smile turned a little wry. "I see that nothing gets past you, Mr Abols. My leg hasn't recovered from my accident aboard the Chin'Toka and I have the unfortunate habit of overstressing it. Nothing to worry about."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 5:01 pm

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

Archangel couldn't help but smile a little fondly as she thought about her own wedding, which hadn't been all that long ago.  Henriks had been there as well as one of Gabriel's friends.  She wasn't all that familiar with him, but he was going to become her brother-in-law through Chira, an uncle to her daughters.

It was a small galaxy after all.

"I'm sure that you'll be fine," she said in as much of a reassuring tone as she could.  "I felt much the same way before I married Gabriel, but you're here already, your bride's getting dressed...  Everything will work out as planned."  

She noticed the glance down at the cane that she was using to take some of the weight off of her right leg and the smile turned a little wry.  "I see that nothing gets past you, Mr Abols.  My leg hasn't recovered from my accident aboard the Chin'Toka and I have the unfortunate habit of overstressing it.  Nothing to worry about."

[Chapel - Riga]

Henriks nodded, running a hand through his hair. Many injuries of late were more psychosomatic than biological. Whether or not that was the case with her, he hadn't a clue. That was one of the more fascinating things about the body, symptoms appearing simply because the brain believed the body to be infected with something, even though it wasn’t.

He offered a weak smile as an apology. “Putting others first is what I do, making sure they’re ok. It’s not something I really have to think about anymore, so today... it just feels a little strange.” But really, he was more restless than anything else. If he had something in his hands, he would be wringing it, from nervous habit, just to give his hands something to do.

“Māte more or less banished me from the house until after the wedding,” he added as an afterthought, “refusing to let me have anything to do with the preparations, so I'm kind of at a loss at what to be doing right now.”
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
Starfleet Starfleet Award of Merit Operations
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 5:03 pm

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Gabe yanked down the hem of his dress white uniform, hoping that the gold piping didn't make him look too pompous. He never was a fan of Starfleet's newest style of dress uniform, but...well, it was what it was. The hem scrunched back up as Aria moved her legs, clenching her little arms around his neck as he carried her. She was wearing a little dark purple dress and leggings, the bow in her wavy blonde hair long having been discarded. He was pretty sure that it was stuck in his back pocket, but hadn't checked for a while.

Aria's sister moved right along beside them, wearing deep green. She had been quite excited at the prospect of getting to dress like a princess. Gabriel saw a few other uniforms scattered here and there in the gathering crowd, and lots of people together that he figured were Abolses. Some members of his own family were here, too, and he waved at them. "There's my cousin, Andrew," he said, looking down at Seika.

Who was...no longer there.

Dear God, he said, his panic rising like a flash flood through a canyon. Where was...ah. There she was, moving along on her crutches...heading right for...

"Admiral Deacon," he murmured to Aria. "Well. This should be interesting. What do you think?" The blonde baby giggled at the name. "Deek!"

Seika had stopped in front of where the admiral was standing, staring up at her, obviously intrigued by the woman's VISOR.
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 5:12 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Chapel - Riga]

Henriks couldn’t help but smile at the sight of his old friend. It felt like it had been ages since Matt had left. “She...” he began, with a joyful but faraway sort of sigh. The ceremony was perhaps only an hour away, rapidly coming nearer and nearer with every passing second. He couldn’t, he wouldn’t duck out. She made life whole.

“It is good to see you again, my friend,” Henriks added at last. “I can’t tell you how much it means that you came. Even if we never see you again, which I sincerely hope is not the case, it is good to see you again, now."

He smiled, his eyes a beautiful blue. "Like I told you before; you couldn't keep me away. Or maybe it was Chira I told that to. It doesn't matter; the point is, this is my best friends wedding."

He suddenly turned to Archangel. "Uh...hello." The meeting was fairly awkward seeing as the last time they met he resigned his commission. He'd grown a thick beard since then; but other than that he looked pretty much the same. He then quickly turned back to Henriks. "I'd lie and tell you I was in the area but I was actually a couple days from here. I just didn't want to miss this." His smile emitted a since of warmth as the last words left his lips.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 5:22 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Chapel - Riga]

Henriks nodded, running a hand through his hair. Many injuries of late were more psychosomatic than biological. Whether or not that was the case with her, he hadn't a clue. That was one of the more fascinating things about the body, symptoms appearing simply because the brain believed the body to be infected with something, even though it wasn’t.

He offered a weak smile as an apology. “Putting others first is what I do, making sure they’re ok. It’s not something I really have to think about anymore, so today... it just feels a little strange.” But really, he was more restless than anything else. If he had something in his hands, he would be wringing it, from nervous habit, just to give his hands something to do.

“Māte more or less banished me from the house until after the wedding,” he added as an afterthought, “refusing to let me have anything to do with the preparations, so I'm kind of at a loss at what to be doing right now.”

[Chapel - Riga]

Archangel reached out to put a friendly hand on the young man's shoulder.  "Henriks, I know that asking any medic to stop their craft would be like asking a Klingon to lay down his weapons and become a pacifist.  There's no need to think it strange."  She shifted a little more weight off her right leg.  "I remember that Gabriel's family left me with little to do on my wedding day as well.  If I had anything for you to do, I would give it to you to keep you occupied, but I have nothing."

Matthew Thompson wrote:
He suddenly turned to Archangel. "Uh...hello." The meeting was fairly awkward seeing as the last time they met he resigned his commission. He'd grown a thick beard since then; but other than that he looked pretty much the same. He then quickly turned back to Henriks. "I'd lie and tell you I was in the area but I was actually a couple days from here. I just didn't want to miss this." His smile emitted a since of warmth as the last words left his lips.

Seeing Matthew Thompson again caused a slight closing off of Archangel's expression, but she quickly rearranged her features into a more neutral manner. She wouldn't let her previous experiences with the insubordinate former officer get in the way of her sister-in-law's big day.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 5:35 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

Dear God, he said, his panic rising like a flash flood through a canyon.  Where was...ah.  There she was, moving along on her crutches...heading right for...

"Admiral Deacon," he murmured to Aria.  "Well.  This should be interesting.  What do you think?"  The blonde baby giggled at the name.  "Deek!"

Seika had stopped in front of where the admiral was standing, staring up at her, obviously intrigued by the woman's VISOR.

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Rachel Deacon wasn't all that sure as to why she was there, but this was her Chief Medical Officer's wedding and, given that she had received an invitation, she was guessing that they were at least willing to tolerate her presence.

She wore her dress uniform well, the gold piping and rank points gleaming in the light, scanning the people gathered. It was always easier for her to get a feeling of the group before actually trying to join it.

A movement on the edge of her considerable field of vision distracted her and she looked down to see a young child looking up at her. She frowned slightly, taking in the various elements that her VISOR was picking up on. Metal on the legs, and reaching from the arms to the ground. A higher-than-human body temperature. Ah, yes, she had seen this signature before. Seika Mirabelle T'Koris-Arthur.

Looking up, she spotted another, apparently gravely mutated, figure approaching. As it drew closer, her VISOR picked up on the fact that it was actually two forms, the forms of Gabriel Arthur and his youngest daughter, Aria. She inclined her head to him.

"Lost one?" she asked, hoping that the comment came off as light hearted.
Back to top Go down
http://www.aurorafleet.org
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 6:00 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

Māra had plopped down into an armchair, her legs draped lazily over the side. Māte and Juris were busy baking up a storm in the kitchen with Chira's oma. Tēvs was making sure the music would be just right. And her twin brothers were both out and about, doing whatever it was that the groom and best man did before a wedding.

She smiled warmly and nodded to her sister to be. The thought of actually having a sister still filled her with excitement. “Henriks loves you very much,” she told Chira. “And from the way he talks about you, I doubt anything will ever change that. You will never be less than an angel to him.” Her brother was absolutely besotted with Chira, that much was clear, but it seemed to be a match made in Heaven. She prayed that he and Chira would lead long, happy lives together, and she was sure they would.

Māra's gaze followed Chira to the dress. “It's so beautiful,” she gasped, instinctively bringing a hand to her mouth. She rose, ready to help Chira into it if need be. After all, dresses could be rather difficult, which was why she usually just stuck to skirts. But Chira's wedding gown was just so dazzling.

“I should probably warn you,” she added with a sly grin, “that you may be 'kidnapped' by some of the neighbors. And then Henriks will have to ransom you back.” Māra giggled. “An old wedding tradition, quite a lot of fun usually.”

[Abols Home]

Chira felt a pleasant flush when Mara spoke of how much Henriks cared for her.  She knew it, of course...but it still felt good to hear someone else say it.  "Thanks," she murmured demurely, touching the material.  "Gabriel helped me with the design, a bit.  Actually...a lot.  He's better at putting ideas to blueprint."  Holding out the dress, she was eager to get into it.  For more reasons than one...it was a little chilly, wearing only her strapless bra, and her skin was starting to pebble.

Both eyebrows shot up a little as she mentioned their wedding traditions.  "Kidnapped, huh?  Well.  Good thing we're not Klingons, or Henriks would have to fight for me.  Literally."  Chira laughed, as she started to slip the dress on.  "Back on Earth, in the part of the country I'm from, there were some ancient wedding traditions that are similar.  One of them was for the wedding party to stand outside the bride and groom's new home, banging pots and singing and firing rifles.  It was to playfully interrupt their thought processes, I guess, as they were...um," she said, her cheeks coloring.  "Well.  Y'know."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2014 9:47 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel Deacon wasn't all that sure as to why she was there, but this was her Chief Medical Officer's wedding and, given that she had received an invitation, she was guessing that they were at least willing to tolerate her presence.  

She wore her dress uniform well, the gold piping and rank points gleaming in the light, scanning the people gathered.  It was always easier for her to get a feeling of the group before actually trying to join it.

A movement on the edge of her considerable field of vision distracted her and she looked down to see a young child looking up at her.  She frowned slightly, taking in the various elements that her VISOR was picking up on.  Metal on the legs, and reaching from the arms to the ground.  A higher-than-human body temperature.  Ah, yes, she had seen this signature before.  Seika Mirabelle T'Koris-Arthur.

Looking up, she spotted another, apparently gravely mutated, figure approaching.  As it drew closer, her VISOR picked up on the fact that it was actually two forms, the forms of Gabriel Arthur and his youngest daughter, Aria.  She inclined her head to him.

"Lost one?" she asked, hoping that the comment came off as light hearted.

[Freedom Park - Riga]

"Some of the time," Gabriel answered in response to the admiral. "Though, not so much today. Hello, ma'am," he said, reaching out his free hand for a shake. "Good to see you again." Shuffling Aria around so that she was facing Deacon, he rested his other hand on Seika's shoulder. "The circumstances certainly are better than the last time we were together, hm?"

Seika was still looking, but Gabe was relieved that it was more out of curiosity than plain staring. "Lil' lady, this is Admiral Deacon. She's your mama and mine's boss. Say hello?" In his arms, Aria recognized the name again. "Deek! Deeek!" she said, her rosy little cheeks smiling.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 5:02 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Freedom Park - Riga]

"Some of the time," Gabriel answered in response to the admiral.  "Though, not so much today.  Hello, ma'am," he said, reaching out his free hand for a shake.  "Good to see you again."  Shuffling Aria around so that she was facing Deacon, he rested his other hand on Seika's shoulder.  "The circumstances certainly are better than the last time we were together, hm?"

Seika was still looking, but Gabe was relieved that it was more out of curiosity than plain staring.  "Lil' lady, this is Admiral Deacon.  She's your mama and mine's boss.  Say hello?"  In his arms, Aria recognized the name again.  "Deek!  Deeek!" she said, her rosy little cheeks smiling.

[Freedom Park - Riga]

"I think a majority of meetings could be considered to be better than our last one," Rachel said, shaking his hand. Last time they had met, if her memory served, it was in sickbay just after the spore incident, when no one had been at their best.

She looked down at the little girl still staring at her. "Hello Mummy and Daddy's boss!" Seika obediently said. Rachel guessed that the child being held by Commander Arthur was several years younger and not yet at the developmental state that allowed for coherent speech. The elder seemed to be fascinated by something...

Crouching down to Seika's level, Rachel unclipped her VISOR, showing it to the child. "This is called a VISOR. It enables me to see."
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 6:37 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

"I think a majority of meetings could be considered to be better than our last one," Rachel said, shaking his hand.  Last time they had met, if her memory served, it was in sickbay just after the spore incident, when no one had been at their best.  

She looked down at the little girl still staring at her.  "Hello Mummy and Daddy's boss!" Seika obediently said.  Rachel guessed that the child being held by Commander Arthur was several years younger and not yet at the developmental state that allowed for coherent speech.  The elder seemed to be fascinated by something...

Crouching down to Seika's level, Rachel unclipped her VISOR, showing it to the child.  "This is called a VISOR.  It enables me to see."

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Gabriel watched as Seika reached out and touched the VISOR with almost reverential caution. "It's pretty," the girl said. Gabriel smiled warmly at his daughter. "Careful, ma'am," he laughed, "or she'll have that thing in ten pieces in that many minutes." Seika rolled her eyes at her father - a new habit, and one that Gabriel truly wasn't sure where she'd picked up. Aria seemed to have found some of the banners that were gently waving in the pleasantly crisp October wind to be her new point of fascination, as she was looking over his shoulder.

"What happened to your eyes?" Seika asked, quietly asked, in a child's small voice.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 6:56 am

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Gabriel watched as Seika reached out and touched the VISOR with almost reverential caution.  "It's pretty," the girl said.  Gabriel smiled warmly at his daughter.  "Careful, ma'am," he laughed, "or she'll have that thing in ten pieces in that many minutes."  Seika rolled her eyes at her father - a new habit, and one that Gabriel truly wasn't sure where she'd picked up.  Aria seemed to have found some of the banners that were gently waving in the pleasantly crisp October wind to be her new point of fascination, as she was looking over his shoulder.

"What happened to your eyes?" Seika asked, quietly asked, in a child's small voice.

Rachel smiled slightly at the caution that Seika seemed to be taking as she handled the VISOR. She knew that the device was pretty robust, but it was good to see that the Captain and Commander were instilling the notion of taking care with technology in their offspring. Then again, they were both engineers, so that was almost to be expected.

"I was born this way, little one," she replied in a soft tone. It wasn't the whole truth, but it was enough for a child of her age to understand.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 7:16 am

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel smiled slightly at the caution that Seika seemed to be taking as she handled the VISOR.  She knew that the device was pretty robust, but it was good to see that the Captain and Commander were instilling the notion of taking care with technology in their offspring.  Then again, they were both engineers, so that was almost to be expected.

"I was born this way, little one," she replied in a soft tone.  It wasn't the whole truth, but it was enough for a child of her age to understand.

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Gabe was only slightly nonplussed at Seika's choice of questions. It was, after all, asked with a child's true sense of wonder, and not out of malice. Still...there might be a talk in the near future about what was polite to ask people, and what was not.

The little girl nodded as Deacon explained her situation. "Oh, okay. Mummy and daddy said I can be whatever I wanna be when I'm a big person, and I wanna be an...en...engineer like they are." She pursed her lips in thought. "But I might wanna be a doctor, too. If I become a doctor, I'll make your eyes better." Seika nodded, stating with such a child's sense of finality and rightness.

Ruffling her black hair, Gabriel couldn't help but give a proud smile. His daughter was a very thoughtful and intelligent girl. "Whatever you do, lil' lady...you'll be great at it." He turned his attention back to the admiral. "Did Admiral Stark make it here with you?" Gabriel rather liked the man, and was wondering if he'd like to share a nip of the cinnamon moonshine that had made the international trip with the Arthur clan.
Back to top Go down
Rachel Deacon
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

1 Year Service
Founding Member

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 12:27 pm

Gabriel Arthur wrote:

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Gabe was only slightly nonplussed at Seika's choice of questions.  It was, after all, asked with a child's true sense of wonder, and not out of malice.  Still...there might be a talk in the near future about what was polite to ask people, and what was not.

The little girl nodded as Deacon explained her situation.  "Oh, okay.  Mummy and daddy said I can be whatever I wanna be when I'm a big person, and I wanna be an...en...engineer like they are."  She pursed her lips in thought.  "But I might wanna be a doctor, too.  If I become a doctor, I'll make your eyes better."  Seika nodded, stating with such a child's sense of finality and rightness.

Ruffling her black hair, Gabriel couldn't help but give a proud smile.  His daughter was a very thoughtful and intelligent girl.  "Whatever you do, lil' lady...you'll be great at it."  He turned his attention back to the admiral.  "Did Admiral Stark make it here with you?"  Gabriel rather liked the man, and was wondering if he'd like to share a nip of the cinnamon moonshine that had made the international trip with the Arthur clan.

[Freedom Park - Riga]

Rachel smiled slightly at the little girl in front of her, the usually hard lines of her face softening. "That's very kind of you, Seika, but having this device means that I'm better at my job. When I had a starship posting like your father, I worked as a search and rescue officer, going in to dangerous places and rescuing people who couldn't get out themselves. I once saved a group of children much like yourself because my VISOR could detect their heat signatures through a cave in. I wouldn't give that up, not while I can still be useful."

Gently taking her VISOR back and clipping it into place, she stood up, looking at Gabriel. "Yes, Admiral Stark should be around here somewhere. Most probably looking for something to drink."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 1:03 pm

Matthew Thompson wrote:

He smiled, his eyes a beautiful blue. "Like I told you before; you couldn't keep me away. Or maybe it was Chira I told that to. It doesn't matter; the point is, this is my best friends’ wedding."

He suddenly turned to Archangel. "Uh...hello." The meeting was fairly awkward seeing as the last time they met he resigned his commission. He'd grown a thick beard since then; but other than that he looked pretty much the same. He then quickly turned back to Henriks. "I'd lie and tell you I was in the area but I was actually a couple days from here. I just didn't want to miss this." His smile emitted a sense of warmth as the last words left his lips.
Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Chapel - Riga]

Archangel reached out to put a friendly hand on the young man's shoulder. "Henriks, I know that asking any medic to stop their craft would be like asking a Klingon to lay down his weapons and become a pacifist. There's no need to think it strange." She shifted a little more weight off her right leg. "I remember that Gabriel's family left me with little to do on my wedding day as well. If I had anything for you to do, I would give it to you to keep you occupied, but I have nothing."

[Chapel - Riga]

He grinned at his friend. Henriks was, by nature, a solitary person. He liked being around people, but he had few friends, Matt being one of them. So to have Matt there made a special day that much better.

Henriks felt the warmth of the captain’s hand on his shoulder, and so he relaxed some. Her understanding, her knowledge from her own recent wedding, helped to put him a little more at ease, but nothing could ease the restlessness. “Shall we stroll towards the park then?” Henriks asked. “It’s not too far. Unless you have any better ideas.” They had an hour to kill, and whether it be filled with preparation or mindless tasks, he didn’t care. He needed something to do.

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Abols Home]

Chira felt a pleasant flush when Mara spoke of how much Henriks cared for her. She knew it, of course...but it still felt good to hear someone else say it. "Thanks," she murmured demurely, touching the material. "Gabriel helped me with the design, a bit. Actually...a lot. He's better at putting ideas to blueprint." Holding out the dress, she was eager to get into it. For more reasons than one...it was a little chilly, wearing only her strapless bra, and her skin was starting to pebble.

Both eyebrows shot up a little as she mentioned their wedding traditions. "Kidnapped, huh? Well. Good thing we're not Klingons, or Henriks would have to fight for me. Literally." Chira laughed, as she started to slip the dress on. "Back on Earth, in the part of the country I'm from, there were some ancient wedding traditions that are similar. One of them was for the wedding party to stand outside the bride and groom's new home, banging pots and singing and firing rifles. It was to playfully interrupt their thought processes, I guess, as they were...um," she said, her cheeks coloring. "Well. Y'know."

[Ābols Home]

She couldn't help but giggle as Chira mentioned wedding traditions from her own homeland. “Yes, all that noise would certainly be disruptive to the thought process.” Giggling again, she added, “No, usually the grooms just have to give them a bottle of wine or something.”

Māra ran a hand along the dress, enjoying the way the material felt beneath her fingertips. “Your brother did wonderful,” she murmured in reply, a smile on her lips. The smile quickly turned into a grin. “I suppose you're eager to get into this?” Māra asked with a soft laugh.
Back to top Go down
Archangel T'Koris
Captain
Captain

1 Year Service
Art Contribution

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 1:28 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Chapel - Riga]

He grinned at his friend. Henriks was, by nature, a solitary person. He liked being around people, but he had few friends, Matt being one of them. So to have Matt there made a special day that much better.

Henriks felt the warmth of the captain’s hand on his shoulder, and so he relaxed some. Her understanding, her knowledge from her own recent wedding, helped to put him a little more at ease, but nothing could ease the restlessness. “Shall we stroll towards the park then?” Henriks asked. “It’s not too far. Unless you have any better ideas.” They had an hour to kill, and whether it be filled with preparation or mindless tasks, he didn’t care. He needed something to do.

[Chapel - Riga]

Archangel nodded in agreement. Walking the short distance to the park wouldn't take up a lot of the time they still had to waste before the ceremony, but it was better than standing around doing nothing.

"That sounds like a good idea," she said with an encouraging smile. "Gabriel and the girls are there with most of the guests." Leaning heavily on her cane, she started to make her way towards the park. "By the way, I know that I'm meant to be officiating. Is there anything in particular you want me to say or do?"
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 3:57 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Chapel - Riga]

Matthews watch let out a quick beep. He looked to it and his face became pale for a moment as he tapped a button. "Yeah. Sounds like the best plan. Oh, by the way where can I drop off my wedding gift? I think you and Chira will love it." He smiled the color returning to his face.

Matthew was excited for his best friends wedding. He didn't usually enjoy weddings but he knew this one was going to be different. The only two reasons he had stayed at Starfleet as long as he had, soon to be one reason. He suddenly turned to Archangel. "Is it possible to take back a commission. I don't want to right now but it would be good information to have if I ever decide to rejoin." Matthew paused. "We can discuss this later, first we have to make sure Henriks doesn't try to flee." He commented jokingly.
Back to top Go down
Gabriel Arthur
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Technical Precision
Star Cross
1 Year Service
Art Contribution

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 7:32 pm

Rachel Deacon wrote:

Rachel smiled slightly at the little girl in front of her, the usually hard lines of her face softening.  "That's very kind of you, Seika, but having this device means that I'm better at my job.  When I had a starship posting like your father, I worked as a search and rescue officer, going in to dangerous places and rescuing people who couldn't get out themselves.  I once saved a group of children much like yourself because my VISOR could detect their heat signatures through a cave in.  I wouldn't give that up, not while I can still be useful."

Gently taking her VISOR back and clipping it into place, she stood up, looking at Gabriel.  "Yes, Admiral Stark should be around here somewhere.  Most probably looking for something to drink."

"Oh, okay," Seika said, her eyes widening a little in astonishment as Deacon told the story about rescuing the children. "That means you have super-powers!"

Gabriel shook his head, laughing happily. Their little girl certainly had an imagination. "Alright, Seika...we've hassled the admiral enough." He shifted Aria again, since the baby was squirming around. She would rather be crawling around on the ground, but Gabriel was fairly sure Archangel wouldn't want the child digging around in the dirt, eating bugs and doing god-knew-what else. "Admiral," he said, nodding. "Thanks for coming...I know it means a lot to Chira and Henriks."

As the trio moved on, Gabriel scanned the growing crowd, looking for his wife. "Where is your mother?" he asked, mainly to himself, but also to the girls.
Back to top Go down
Chira Abols
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Most Loveable

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 15, 2014 11:10 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

She couldn't help but giggle as Chira mentioned wedding traditions from her own homeland. “Yes, all that noise would certainly be disruptive to the thought process.” Giggling again, she added, “No, usually the grooms just have to give them a bottle of wine or something.”

Māra ran a hand along the dress, enjoying the way the material felt beneath her fingertips. “Your brother did wonderful,” she murmured in reply, a smile on her lips. The smile quickly turned into a grin. “I suppose you're eager to get into this?” Māra asked with a soft laugh.

[Abols House]

"Oh, hell yes," Chira said, purring like the cat in the creamery. "Let's do this!" She kept her smile as Mara helped her slip into the russet ruffles. "I have a little half-coat that can go over the dress, too, if it gets too cold. Though, it seems like the warmth is going to hold. About as good as we could ask for, considering the time of year." She glanced at Mara, smiling apologetically. "Honestly, though...I had the coat tailored in case I got cold feet...about the amount of cleavage the dress showed. Wouldn't want the entire Abols clan think their boy was marrying an Orion entertainer..."
Back to top Go down
Henriks Ābols
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer

Surgeon's Distinction
Art Contribution
Founding Member

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 11:40 am

Archangel T'Koris wrote:

[Chapel - Riga]

Archangel nodded in agreement. Walking the short distance to the park wouldn't take up a lot of the time they still had to waste before the ceremony, but it was better than standing around doing nothing.

"That sounds like a good idea," she said with an encouraging smile. "Gabriel and the girls are there with most of the guests." Leaning heavily on her cane, she started to make her way towards the park. "By the way, I know that I'm meant to be officiating. Is there anything in particular you want me to say or do?"

[Chapel - Riga]

That’s right, Henriks thought at the mention of the girls, I’m going to be an uncle, aren’t I? Though they weren’t related to him by blood, but after the wedding, they’d be related by marriage, and so they’d be family all the same. It was rather exciting, Henriks thought, and it took his mind off things.

“Yes, I think Chira mentioned something of the sorts,” Henriks said with a nod and a smile. There was no one better to do it than someone who was part of her family. His own family was very much involved, so it made sense that hers would be too. It added meaning to the event. After all, weddings seemed to be more for the families than the people getting married. He shrugged. “Not really,” he answered. All that mattered to him was that Chira was there. “I’m just glad that it’s happening, finally happening.” It still felt so surreal.

Matthew Thompson wrote:

Matthew’s watch let out a quick beep. He looked to it and his face became pale for a moment as he tapped a button. "Yeah. Sounds like the best plan. Oh, by the way where can I drop off my wedding gift? I think you and Chira will love it." He smiled the color returning to his face.

Matthew paused. "We can discuss this later, first we have to make sure Henriks doesn't try to flee." He commented jokingly.

Henriks arched a brow as his friend’s watch beeped. And suddenly Matt’s face went pale, almost like he’d seen a ghost. Which honestly wouldn’t surprise Henriks. It was All Hallow’s Eve after all. But then his friend was smiling again and he was too. “You could always drop it off at the house,” Henriks laughed. “Or there’s probably some table set up somewhere in the park.”

The walk to the park took very little time, but it was relaxing all the same. It felt good to be in the park, to see all the chairs lined up neatly in their little rows, one of which was to remain empty, chairs for those who wouldn’t be there. “Brālis!” shouted a voice from somewhere in the park. It was Pauls, his twin. “Sveiki, guys!” he hollered, jogging up to the group. He held up a bottle of wine for his brother to see. “I found out which kind the neighbors like best, in case you have to ransom for her,” he laughed.

“An old wedding tradition,” Henriks explained. “Sometimes the neighbors 'kidnap' the bride and the groom has to ransom to get her back.”

Chira Arthur wrote:

[Abols House]

"Oh, hell yes," Chira said, purring like the cat in the creamery. "Let's do this!" She kept her smile as Mara helped her slip into the russet ruffles. "I have a little half-coat that can go over the dress, too, if it gets too cold. Though, it seems like the warmth is going to hold. About as good as we could ask for, considering the time of year." She glanced at Mara, smiling apologetically. "Honestly, though...I had the coat tailored in case I got cold feet...about the amount of cleavage the dress showed. Wouldn't want the entire Abols clan think their boy was marrying an Orion entertainer..."

Māra grinned as she helped her sister to be into her wedding gown. “The weather is really wonderful right now. Any later in the year and it would be too cold to have a wedding outside. But if your feet do get cold, I'm sure Teodors would be glad to warm them up for you. And I'm sure the rest of my family will absolutely love the dress.”
Back to top Go down
Matthew Thompson
Ensign
Ensign

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 17, 2014 2:44 pm

Henriks Ābols wrote:

[Chapel - Riga]

That’s right, Henriks thought at the mention of the girls, I’m going to be an uncle, aren’t I? Though they weren’t related to him by blood, but after the wedding, they’d be related by marriage, and so they’d be family all the same. It was rather exciting, Henriks thought, and it took his mind off things.

“Yes, I think Chira mentioned something of the sorts,” Henriks said with a nod and a smile. There was no one better to do it than someone who was part of her family. His own family was very much involved, so it made sense that hers would be too. It added meaning to the event. After all, weddings seemed to be more for the families than the people getting married. He shrugged. “Not really,” he answered. All that mattered to him was that Chira was there. “I’m just glad that it’s happening, finally happening.” It still felt so surreal.

Henriks arched a brow as his friend’s watch beeped. And suddenly Matt’s face went pale, almost like he’d seen a ghost. Which honestly wouldn’t surprise Henriks. It was All Hallow’s Eve after all. But then his friend was smiling again and he was too. “You could always drop it off at the house,” Henriks laughed. “Or there’s probably some table set up somewhere in the park.”

The walk to the park took very little time, but it was relaxing all the same. It felt good to be in the park, to see all the chairs lined up neatly in their little rows, one of which was to remain empty, chairs for those who wouldn’t be there. “Brālis!” shouted a voice from somewhere in the park. It was Pauls, his twin. “Sveiki, guys!” he hollered, jogging up to the group. He held up a bottle of wine for his brother to see. “I found out which kind the neighbors like best, in case you have to ransom for her,” he laughed.

“An old wedding tradition,” Henriks explained. “Sometimes the neighbors 'kidnap' the bride and the groom has to ransom to get her back.”

Māra grinned as she helped her sister to be into her wedding gown. “The weather is really wonderful right now. Any later in the year and it would be too cold to have a wedding outside. But if your feet do get cold, I'm sure Teodors would be glad to warm them up for you. And I'm sure the rest of my family will absolutely love the dress.”

[Riga]

"Where is your honeymoon? Don't settle either, I'm paying." Matthew smiled. He figured his friend would say no; but an extravagant vacation was pocket change. "I insist. You both treated me well, it's the least I can do."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bells of October Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bells of October   Bells of October I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bells of October
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next